[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if instead of being set in Equestria, MLP FiM was set in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: canterlothigh.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
canterlothigh.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
What if instead of being set in Equestria, MLP FiM was set in a modern-day style high-school, anime-style, with all the characters remaining the same species? The plots would be similar, but what would you think the difference would be?
>>
>>27872410
I don't know man, anthropomorphic versions of ponies sounds pretty disgusting to me.
>>
>>27872418
Not anthropomorphic; actual ponies.
>>
>>27872410
No, it's still shit, Stephen Davis.
>>
>>27872410
What if we threw in a fake one-dimensional love interest? Just to troll people into thinking they'd be canon. Hilarious, right?
>>
>>27872410
It's be fuckin gay. Like you OP you massive fucking faggot.
>>
>>27872410
We had this and it was called My Gym Partner's a Monkey.
>>
>>27872410
if you fall into this world scientist will take you away or you will have to live like Alf hidding in a house
>>
File: image.png (100 KB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
image.png
100 KB, 500x274
>>27872410
Absolutely shittastic, just like EQG.
>>
>>27872410
The difference would be that it'd suck
I hate how most "high school teen dramas" are completely unlike a real high school. Obviously, you can't have episodes about teen pregnancies and prescription drug abuse, but it still isn't sunshine, rainbows, and prom dresses.
>>
>>27872410
Then it probably wouldn't have become all that popular, really. Its just another shitty high-school anime with horses instead of wide-eyed kids.
The setting played a huge part for me and I'm sure a number of others getting interested in the series.
>>
>>27872410
I would enjoy a spin off about pony friends attending Celestia's school for gifted unicorns and their daily adventure with classes and magic and slice of life stuff. I would not enjoy modern day high school bullshit.
>>
>>27872410
>The high school shitty setting
No
>>
>>27874173
>Obviously, you can't have episodes about teen pregnancies and prescription drug abuse, but it still isn't sunshine, rainbows, and prom dresses.
> this bitch doesn't know about Degrassi, Glee, or Boy Meets World dealing with real issues like drugs and sex and death
I mean, they're still not accurate portrayals of real life but if you market to teens and you do it right you can get away with darker topics. Fat chance of Hasbro doing that but still.
>>
i think it would prove, unquestionably and once and for all, that my little pony: friendship is magic is completely creatively bankrupt.
>>
An entire generation has grown up expecting anime tropes because all they consume is anime, and is left scratching their head when cartoon shows they show an interest in do not have KYAAA SENPAI NOTICED ME fufufufu~ as dialog.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.