[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the moral of every Pinkie Pie story so horrible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Why is the moral of every Pinkie Pie story so horrible?
>>
>>27854968
elaborate
>>
>>27854968
Because the writers have been unable to write a decent Pinkie half the time since Season 3.
>>
>>27854968
i think the only bad one is "You should believe some things even if they don't have any proof"
>>
>>27855010
I always felt the message to that episode was 'You can't know everything, don't exhaust yourself to pieces trying. Just accept it and move on'.
>>
>>27855010
to me the message was "trust your friends even though they may seem full of shit"
>>
>>27855010
the message was "ponk gonna ponk"
>>
File: image.png (134 KB, 477x348) Image search: [Google]
image.png
134 KB, 477x348
>>27855010
Why is that the designated trigger episode, honestly? I've been here since S1, and when that debacle started, I watched the shitstorm like pic related. Still can't figure out why it rustled so many jimmies.
>>
>>27855010
The writer later said the moral was supposed to be "don't stick to old theories in light of new evidence," I think giving quantum mechanics as an example of her inspiration, and it came out terribly.
>>
>>27855010
>tips fedora
>>
>>27855010
tbqh there's a difference between healthy skepticism and just pretending something isn't real because you can't explain it. Twilight's actions clearly fell into the latter category.

t. deist
>>
>>27855195
It became a religion vs atheism argument almost immediately, and from the perspective of online autists, Twilight (the atheist) lost
>>
>>27855195
People got super butthurt at "Over a Barrell" too.
>>
>>27855195
Because a lot of autists thought it was a criticism of atheism and got assblasted
>>
>>27854968
The writers have long, long forgotten what makes her an interesting and likeable character.
>>
File: 1451756831017.jpg (123 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1451756831017.jpg
123 KB, 894x894
>>27855888
And Leap of Faith, although that was an AJ episode.

>>27854968
What do you mean by horrible?
>>
>>27855875
>>27855893
Question Anon here. The explanation is appreciated, and I think I now have a new understanding of why this board hates analysis bronies. I feel somewhat sure they were somewhat to blame for that debacle.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.