[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So much fucking green
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
Ive been away from the board for around 7 months and I come back to find not 1, not 2, but 3 threads dedicated to single writefags and their huge ass titanic fucking greens

Heart of war, hunter anon and time after time

So tell me /mlp/ are these actually good stories or are they just massive pieces of writen autism like End of Ponies?

Do you actually like them? I mean they have to at least be decent to justify their dedicated threads

Should I give one of them a chance?
>>
File: life is pain.jpg (414 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
life is pain.jpg
414 KB, 1280x1280
>>27851245
i wish everyday that this board would get rid of all non sexual greens... but until then i suck it up. and deal with it.
>>
>>27851245
Haven't followed the other 2 but TaT comes and goes as alex writes for it kinda like that one long fluttershy story, it hasn't hung around the entire time.
>>
>>27851245
hunter anon is a top tier adventure green
>>
>>27851797
adventure/drama
>>
>>27851797
>hunter anon is god tier
FTFY

>>27851245
TaT started out great and promising but it no longer knows what it wants to be and at this point the writefag is just carrying on with the story because of the fans
No idea about Heart of War
>>
Idk, I've been here for years and have never bothered to read fanfiction. I just rough it out and take the fun threads and show threads as much as I can.
>>
>>27852048
cool blog
>>
>>27851245

All those shit had an intro
Read it and if doesnt match with you, drop it
>>
>>27851245
regardless of quality, there should never be threads dedicated to a single writefag. it causes endless bumps and puts unnecessary pressure on the writefag.
>>
Started TaT once and dropped it due to anon doing nothing other than psichological debate, second guessing, and the story never actually moving forward in any meaningful way.
Im genuinely surprised that it is still going and that people actually liked that garbage.
The other two I have mo idea but they sound just as bad.

>>27852740
Intro doesnt warn you if the green turns to shit 5,000 words in or if it turns out to be endless circlejerking of the protagonists ridiculous mindset
>>
File: 1459037322671.png (1 MB, 3436x4310) Image search: [Google]
1459037322671.png
1 MB, 3436x4310
>>27851245
>Heart of war
mfw I've been bumping the thread for over 4 months now. Last I heard it was well over 105,000 words

It's worth a read, the writer, ThingFag, is based as fuck. I'm pretty sure writing is his major in uni. The story itself plays out similar to The Odyssey; there's one main objective but a ton of side adventures and happenings along the way. Anon is fuggin boss and Flurry is actually likable. The seige of Canterlot has been my favorite scene thus far
>>
>>27854231
Sounds disgusting.

>>27854396
Sounds very promising.

>>27851797
What's the plot on that one?
>>
>>27851960
TaT moves so fucking slowly for me. Can't get into it at all. Same goes for all of his stuff, desu.
>>
>>27854451
just read the 50 or so first lines
>>
>>27851245

I'm going to be honest here

>massive pieces of writen autism like End of Ponies

This

>Do you actually like them?

Immensely they make my day better

I'm allowed to like things that aren't really good
>>
>>27851245
It's never worth it. I wish these contributors would understand that when they're the sole provider of content for a thread it leaves them largely empty of anything else meaningful and clutters the board with yet another bump general.

I think I've only ever seen two others admit that them being the only ones working for a thread is a huge drag and they wished others would step in to contribute so it wasn't just a huge mess between their sporadic updates. Of course sometimes the authors are just feeding off the attention. Consider that the biggest complaint from writefags tends to be lack of response.
>>
>>27854451
Anon finds his way into Equestria during a hunting trip and finds himself a guest of Twilight. After an accident, Anon discovers that his revolver is now magical and he and Twilight are sent west to stop a gryphon who's searching for the ancient sanctuary of a very powerful unicorn.
The story has a very nice pace, beautifully mixing drama and adventure, has some fresh world building and lore, and the convincingly natural reactions from the characters and their fluid dialogue really tie the whole thing up to be an amazing green.
10/10, would recommend to everyone who likes adventure.

>>27854940
I agree with the whole "sole content provider thread is a drag" but honestly sending greens like HoW or HA to a place like the AiE thread is sentencing to die.
Let them have their threads if people are willing to bump them.
>>
>>27852048
Funny, the reason I got into ponies in the first place was to familiarize myself with the characters in the stories I was reading.
>>
There's a simple test to determine a story's quality:

>greentext
guaranteed bullshit

>normal text
might be good
>>
Pastebin for Hunter anon and time after time?

and whats the summary of time after time?
>>
Last longrunning green I got into was the Twilight's game night with anon and M6 plus random pons playing d&d, since it started with a funny prompt and sucked me into the huge story that ran for several months, good times
>>
File: url.jpg (6 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
6 KB, 259x195
>>27851245
>Mfw my shitty prompt turned into one of the biggest greens on /mlp/
>>
>>27858068
Which one?
Tell us!
>>
Some are good, some are not. This board seems to eat up any kind of writte content these days, no matter how shitty. How do I know this? Because people like my shit tier "writing".
>>
>>27858697
You write smut, don't you?
>>
>>27858707
Only ever witten one smut story, that actually got the least attention.
>>
>>27858742
Well then I'm left puzzled.
Who are you, mysterious provider of appreciated green?
>>
>>27858697
This so much.
>>
>>27851245
We had Anon's Harem Adventures a couple years back, pretty sure I remember the writefag filling up an entire pastebin with fluff sprinkled with sex scenes
>>
>>27858147
Heart of war
>>
>>27858927
You wanted them to have sex in the war room, didn't you?
>>
>>27851333
> fluttershy story

Which one?
>>
>>27858951
Maybe :^)
>>
File: 4ee.gif (3 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
4ee.gif
3 MB, 300x252
>>27857997
>>
>>27858047
pastebin.com/zirivak
>>
>>27851245
they are normally shit op, they follow sturgeons law like everything else. Either dig around and find your gold or go home and do something else.
>>
>>27859375
i fucked up the link

pastebin.com/u/zirivak
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.