[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bard Quest #6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: OP5.png (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
OP5.png
1 MB, 1600x1200
This is a CYOA about a young pony discovering the world inspired by the many fantasy settings that exist out there

For the most recent events:
>After her stay in the town of Malba in the minotaur realm, Happy Harmonica (You), or Harmony for friends, left with the zebra monk Winter Seed for the capital Daedalus to attend the yearly Superbrawl, a minotaur festival centred aroud various physical competitions.
>Along the way, they met Lettuce, a strange variety of vegetal, looking and moving like a pony, and who ended up following the two of them
>And after an unpleasant encounter with a trio of bandits, the pegasus warrior Gale Dust joined them too
>For their last day on the road, they joined a group of minotaur sprotsbulls, which was also accompanied by two pony scientists
>After arriving at the capital in the night, they were also surprised to meet Trotting Stone, the grandfather of Harmony in a tavern
>This story continues just after Trotting Stone has revealed the story of the mother of Harmony

Full story:
https://www.anonpone.com/blord/

Here’s the list of the possessions you currently carry around in your travels:
Your trusty saddle-bags, your coltly headband, a walking stick, a traveller’s blanket, a lighter, the Diamond Claws (which allow the wearer to burrow himself in dirt), your heirloom Harmonica, a med kit, a canteen of water, a rough map of the continent, some carrots, a pouch containing 63 silver coins and 1 cooper coins, a magic flask (which has uncanny transforming effect, depending on what you fill it with).
>>
>What Grandpa said…
>You can’t help it, the tears are coming to your eyes too
“I-It’s so sad!” You sob as you take the old pegasus in a tight hug “I didn’t know the story of dad and mom was a tragedy”
>”There, there…” He pats your back “D-don’t worry, that story had a Happy ending, so it’s alright”
>The rest of your friends let you have your moment, a compassionate smile on their face as they observe in silence
>Except Gale Dust, who, instead, seems a little lost in his thoughts
>”So that’s the whole story…” He thinks out loud “When they said she died that day… It wasn’t far from the truth after all…”
>Your grandpa breaks the embrace to give the Pegasus a mean look
>”Uh…” The harrier blushes “S-sorry… I didn’t mean to be insensitive”
>The old pony keeps his intimidation number for a few seconds, but his traits are quick to soften again
>”Nah, just kidding kid. Actually…” A smile comes back on his face “I know my granddaughter can be a bird brain sometimes…”
“Hey!” You scrunch
>”That’s right, Trotting stone” Winty adds “It’s not a correct thing to say”
“Yeah, what he said!”
>”You shouldn’t have said sometimes, Trotting Stone”
>For the monk to choose this moment to try his mouth at joking, you feel intensely betrayed to be the first victim
“B-b-but…” You sniff under the laughs of your friends “Why does everyone make fun of me all of a sudden?!”
>”Hahaha!” Your grandpa let a loud laugh out “You! I like you!” he says to the monk “But I was saying, Happy Birdie is not the type to meddle with meanies, so I can’t imagine any of you to be bad persons”
>”Though, I’m interested in knowing how my little Happy Birdie came to travel with you”
>”I mean, a bard, and monk, a harrier and a plant enter a bar… Doesn’t that sounds like the first line of a horribly bad joke?” He chuckles
>>
>>27834144
“Hum… I guess I should tell you… But only if you all stop teasing me!”
>You proceed to tell him about your recent adventures, and how you met your friends
>Starting with your first stop at Mount Ponlympus, you quickly follow with your adventures in the minotaur town of Malba
>This part of the tale naturally start to get longer as you start to introduce the friends who stuck with you until even now, but also the challenges you faced
>Naturally, Winty is quick to join in telling the tale, and of course you also mention Eerie Birch as well as your possible next trip to Hortensia
>At last comes your days of travel toward Daedalus, when you met your two most recent companions
>Gramps had a broad smile on his face for all the duration of your story
>”Aaah…” He starts once you’re finished, lying back on his chair “Reminds me of myself when I was young…”
>“I’m happy to hear you’ve had your share of adventure AND without too much trouble”
>”And let me repeat myself” Gramps takes his serious tone “You should really write your father a letter to tell him you’re alright”
>”As long as you’re not world famous, he’ll be glad to hear from you from time to time”
“Alright, alright, I’ll think about it…”
>He nods in approval before stretching his old arms, his joints creaking a little unpleasantly as he does
>”Hmf! ‘don’t know about you” Gramps says “But my back is telling me I’ve been sitting on this chair for way to long”
>”I wouldn’t decline a night in a fine warm bed, what do you all think?”
>”If you’d accept” Fast Caravan, the minotaur friend of Gramps, tells you “I could have you all stay at the Oakvale family manor”
>”They’re nice fellas” Gramps comments “Fast Caravan has been working for them since forever”
>>
>>27834152
>”I’m convinced they wouldn’t mind housing the whole of you for the whole duration of the games since you’re friends of mine” Fast Caravan continues
>”And besides” Trotting Stone gives a wink to the old minotaur “You’re kinda in charge of the family’s estate right now anyway”
>*sigh* ”Yes, I sure am…” He says, but his defeated tone doesn’t make it sound like good news

>What do?
>>
>>27834159
Anything we need to know before we go in there? Don't go into x room? Don't be too loud?
>>
>>27834159
Where are your seats, Gramps? Anywhere near ours?
>>
>>27834159
So what, are you just going to keep traveling Grandpa?
>>
>>27834201
>>27834290
>>27834488
“Anything we need to know before we go in there? Are there off-limit areas?” You ask the minotaur “Don't be too loud?”
>”Well, the family is probably sleeping already, so just don’t go around making a mess around before you’ve introduced yourself”
“Okeydokey!” You answer “Don’t worry, I’m not the kind of pony who makes a mess!”
>Somewhat he seems dubious
>”I know you’re this old rogue’s beloved grand-daughter” He gives a glance to Trotting Stone “And he IS the kind of pony who likes to make a mess”
>”And…” He scratches his head “Don’t be surprised if some of the masters being at odds with each other”
>”There been a… conflict between them. For a long while. And they plan to settle it during the games so they’re all a little on the edge right now”
“Hum…” You’re not sure what that means “Alright, I’ll remember that”
>”Thank you, then…” The minotaur stands up from his chair “Let’s get going!”
>Fast Caravan and Gramps pay a few coins to the bartender, before your group exits the inn into the noisy night of Daedalus
“Hey!” You ask Gramps on the way, showing him your ticket “Are we next to each other for the games?”
>”Hum” He answers after examining it “Nope, I don’t think so. My alley and line number are both pretty far from yours”
“Aww… too bad”
>”Hey, finding yourself in this huge town is already some crazy luck” He winks “Don’t be too demanding with the fortune mare!”
>You giggle in response
“So…” You continue “What are you going to do after that? You’re just gonna keep traveling?”
>Gramps gets a little more serious at your question. Apparently, that wasn’t something he asked himself until now
>”I… don’t know. Probably?” He shrugs “Thought, I’ll avoid pushing myself like I did when I was younger”
>>
>>27834706
>”To tell you the truth, your dad refused to let me go by hoof, and forced me to take a caravan to Daedalus”
>”At first I got angry. But now, I think he was wiser than old me on this one…” He says with a nostalgic smile
>You continue walking in the streets of Daedalus, a city which right now wears its name very well, as you can’t remember the amount of time you’ve turned left or right since you left the tavern
>All you know is that it’s more than what you could count on your hoof
>But Fast Caravan is completely secure about the paths he takes, and soon you find yourself at the periphery of the city
>Here, the buildings gradually stop being packed together, and some of the properties can even afford to have a shrubbery
>Or, in the case of the house Fast Caravan leads you to, a huge garden of unkempt grass a fruit trees
>The house itself looks like one of those wooden mountain cabin, but a lot wider, making it probably as spacious as Fair Hero’s manor
>The decoration inside is mainly composed of wooden craft works. Sculptures, woods cuts, and even several string instruments adorn the wall which is covered in a green wallpaper
>But you don’t have time to admire these curiosities as you’re guided to your room by the old minotaur
>The five of you are sharing a single huge room with six beds. There’s a few portraits and paintings showing forest landscapes on the walls
>And for the other furniture, there’s only two chair, a small table, and three wardrobes, all made in -you guessed it- wood
>”I hope you will have a good night in here” Fast Caravan tells you “This was the room of the children not so long ago, but I think the beds should be big enough for you”
>”Have a good night” he says, as he closes the door
“Sleep well too!” You and your grandpa happily answer in unison, while Gust and Winty offer a polite bow and a thank to the minotaur
>The five of you are now alone in the room

>What do?
>>
>>27834715
Get into bed and see how comfortable it is. Hope there is a shower around here.
>>
>>27834804
>You’re quick to choose your bed, then probe it like a cat would to conclude it will be extremely comfortable
>Perfect for a good night of sleep! You immediately put yourself under the soft sheets of your host’s bed
>Even if you had preferred being able to take a shower after this day of walking, your fur is a little sticky…
>Speaking of which, that tiring day seems to reminds itself to all of your friends, who yawn their own way under the covers
>Lettuce has already his head under the purple blanket and stopped moving, and soon everyone will probably do the same
>Is there anything you want to do before you go to sleep?

>What do?
>>
>>27834992
I think we're good for tonight, but I want to ask Winter about Cabbage and what Grandpa said about him in the morning since apparently fucking post didn't send.
>>
>>27834992
say good night to all your friends and expect them to return the gesture.
>>
>>27834992
enjoy your nap
>>
>>27835023
>>27835053
>>27835076
>You think about asking Winty and Grandpa what they meant exactly about Lettuce blooming
>But that can wait in the morning you guess
“Good night everyone!” You wish your companions
>”Good night” They answer one after the other
>Except Lettuce, because he can’t talk
>It makes you really sad
>And it really sad that you fall into a hearty sleep after a long, tiring day
>However, your respite is cut short by a thud coming from the hallway, making you jump in your cover
>Still only half conscious, you’re nonetheless able to see it’s still night outside
>While you see Gust shifting in his bed, you don’t think he was awaken up by the noise
>But his bed isn’t next to the door to the hallway like yours, so it’s not surprising
>”Watch out! You’re going to wake up everyone” You hear a muffled feminine voice through the door “Are you drunk again?”
>And then you hear an inebriated giggle from another voice

>What do?
>>
>>27835248
party with the drunk chicks
>>
>>27835259
This. We're basically Pinkie with wings, and that's a party waiting to happen.
>>
>>27835248
Stick our head out to see whats going on.
>>
>>27835248
Keep listening and get a feel for the situation.
>>
>>27835259
>>27835267
>>27835308
>>27835315
>Drunk?
>Alcohol?
>Your brain is quick to equalise this facts with the possibility of a party going on right now
>And the fact that you aren’t a part of it could be a serious offence to your strict personal religion
>Now completely awake, you slowly get out of the covers as you hear the hoofsteps of the two chicks getting away from the door of your room
>From the rhythm of their steps, you think they’re minoutaurs
>Curiosity taking the better out of you, you silently open the door and poke your head out to get a glimpse on what’s going on
>You have a view on the back of two minotaurs, walking in almost complete darkness
>Right now, they’re heading away from your room, down the hallway
>Even in the dark, you can also see they’re making a real effort to make as little noise as possible
>But the creaking wooden building and their bodies are making the task really hard for them

>What do?
>>
>>27835457
PSSSST
you guys partying?
>>
>>27835457
I'm not sure talking to them would be a good idea since we're a stranger here. Kind of think we should ignore them.
>>
>>27835564
I can support us trying to exercise restraint, anon, as long as we still lament the potential loss of revelry and partying it up. We're a very social pone.
>>
>>27835501
>>27835564
>>27835598
>Even if you think you could do something fun with these two, you realise that since you haven’t been introduced, bad things could happen from this
>Like, exactly what Fast Caravan thought about when he talked about making a mess
>A little bothered, you stealthily come back to your bed and try to forget about that missed opportunity
>It takes time, but after a dozen minutes you’re calm enough to go back to sleep
>The next time you’re woken up, it’s in the morning
>But once again, it’s not the morning sun which wakes you up but noise coming from out of your room
>This time, it’s a vehement argument you can hear between several minotaurs
>It’s far away, probably at the other end of the manor, but your hosts seem to be openly screaming at each other
>The whole of you timidly come out of bed, exchanging worried glance, and wondering in silence about how much of a good idea introducing yourself right now could be
>Since you’re all waiting, you take the opportunity to ask something to Winter Seed
”Ahem, while I’m thinking about it” You ask the monk “you said something about Lettuce blooming, right?”
“What’s the problem with that?”
>”I’ll try to explain” Winter Seed answers “Just like many plants, alraunes produce flowers, which can give seeds if they’re is pollinized”
>”And, I think you had the talk about bees and flowers…”
>”Yep! I told her!” Gramps proudly answers
>”…So” Winty continues “The thing is that Lettuce could very well have a foal after blooming, and it will start as a seed he will plant in the ground”
>”The problem is that the maternal instinct of an alraune will make it plant his seed somewhere hidden or difficultly accessible”
>”They also tend to their sprouts until the first winter, so unless you give him someplace safe for the seed, there a chance lettuce will go away if he’s fertilized”
“Huh…” You start to ponder
>>
>>27836257
>That won’t be easy if you keep traveling around
>But now, it’s time to decide whether to go meet the angry minotaurs or wait until it calms down

>What do?
>>
File: Gust.png (162 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Gust.png
162 KB, 1600x1200
Thanks for playing, and see you tomorrow
And sorry about disappearing for a month, and especially failing my first attempt at returning
I was kinda down for a while and then the chant of the Gaben gave me more ways to waste time outside of mulp
But now I’m back, so let’s focus on that
Also, bonus pic: it’s a Gust. It’s doing a Gust pose while holding his Gust glaive
>>
>>27836267
listen in
>>
>>27836267
Find a tinge of red on our cheeks. "S-so Cabbage is a she? How is an Alraune... fertilized?"

>>27836301
Thanks for running, I missed you. I'll forgive you for calling Cabbage "Lettuce" if you forgive me calling Gale "Gust."
>>
>>27836257
LIL CABBAGE IS GONNA BE A MOMMA
OOOHHHHH WE'RE GONNA BE A GRANNY
>>27836301
It's alright, glad you're back.
>>
>>27837201
Fug

Somehow I was convinced Cabbage was the original name and Lettuce teh new one

That's what I get for being away for too long
>>
cabbage bump
>>
>>27836267
I think meeting them now would calm them down.
>>
up you go
>>
Time for fun.
>>
Wonder what breakfast is going to be.
>>
File: birch1.png (262 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
birch1.png
262 KB, 1600x1200
Sorry, but I won't run tonight because I'm worn out

Here's a picture of something happening somewhere else in the world to say I'm sorry

See you tomorrow
>>
good to know she got there ok.
>>
File: 1461723511292.png (1 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
1461723511292.png
1 KB, 128x128
>>27843635
Happy Birch makes me happy.
>>
>>27843635

Is it even possible for Birch to be so happy?
>>
woop
>>
good night bump
>>
Waiting for pleeny
>>
>>27851178
Sing his tale
>>
maybe today won't be the day.
>>
Really sorry again

It really bothers me but real life shit came up

Though, tomorrow should be fine. For realzies
>>
bumping time.
>>
fly up into the sky.
>>
>>27852517

Don't worry no one expects French people to work anyway.
>>
>>27852517
Just do your best senpai
>>
>>27853429
>>
morning time bump
>>
>>27858412
>>
>>27859217
>>
File: Parts-of-a-flower1.jpg (22 KB, 625x477) Image search: [Google]
Parts-of-a-flower1.jpg
22 KB, 625x477
>>27836472
>>27837201
>>27837534
>>27840645
“Wait, so… Cabbage is a she?”
>”Eh…” Winty cringes “Actually, I don’t think “she” is the right pronoun”
>”Just like the majority plants with flowers” He explains “Cabbage has both male and female organs”
>”So… Cabbage is a they I guess?” He shrugs
“You mean Cabbage has both a…” You blush “And a… But, how will it work? I mean, the…” you can only whisper the las word “…mating”
>”Once again, just like all flowers” Winty continues to calmly explain “It will be thanks to the work of pollinator insects such as bees Cabbage could be fertilized”
>”And because of that, Alraunes don’t mate with each other, nor do they form couples”
>However, while the zebra continues talking boring biology, a revelation dawn upon you
“Wait!” You cut the zebra who was burying himself in botanic technicalities “If Cabbage has a foal”
>You take your head between your hooves in utter panic
“That mean… I’M GONNA BE A GRANDMOTHER!?”
>”No!” The zebra answers “I mean… It’s only a possibility! I’m sure there’s some contraception methods since some of th-”
>”AAAAH!” Gramps start to scream too “That means I’m gonna be a GREAT-GREAT GRANDFATHER at only eighty-two! I don’t think I’m ready either!”
>Powerless to stop your antics, your friends are bound to let you run amok for a while
>But after many pats on your shoulder, Winter Seed manages to convince you there’s nothing to be afraid of
>First because this could be a very happy event for Cabbage, and seconds because with a little research, birth control could probably be applied
>A little calmed down, your group now has to go meet with the angry minotaurs
>While their roars have calmed down, you can still hear a louder word from time to time, which means they’re probably still arguing with each other
>>
>>27860723
>After apprehensively walking down the wooden corridors of the manor, you finally come across the bulls responsible for the noise
>Two middle-aged, light brown minotaurs are facing each other, a fierce expression on both their faces
>One is an imposing bull with an incredibly tall quiff, while the female facing him supports an impressively large pair of horn which contrasts with her rather petite build
>Fast Caravan is also there, and meekly tries to calm the two minotaurs, in vain
>”…How many time do I have to tell you?” The male bull barks to the other when he comes into your view “We agreed that there wasn’t any rule about that, didn’t we!?”
>”Besides, don’t act like you never tried to make a fool of me! Like how you bribed guys at the gym the so we couldn’t train properly”
>”Oh?” The female answers, visibly unimpressed “Do you want to count? Because I’ve been taking a very strict count of your deeds!”
>Their argument seems far from being over… you’re not sure how you could announce yourself
>However, in their… passionate discussion, they don’t seem to have noticed you, and you could probably get out through the main door unnoticed

>What do?
>>
Alright, I hate to say this, but I think this thread needs to die

As you may have noticed, I haven’t be assed to motivate myself enough to write these past days. And after thinking this through in the viscous spiral of procrastination, I have come to the conclusion that I just don’t like my own story enough to continue this arc the way I planned.

Don’t get me wrong, BLORD IS NOT KILL, and I’m actually very excited about the arc coming next with Birch in Hortensia, for which I have a lot of juicy things in store

But what I have right now with the minotaurs seem filler-tier boring in comparison, to the point that it feels like a chore for me to write, and I’ve come to realise I probably can’t make enjoyable content in such a state of mind for anyone. Or content at all, if I look back at the two previous days

But still, I want to do something worth the Superbrawl and the companion I introduced during the travel, and I think it would be a prodigious waste not to. So the events and conflict I had planned in Daedalus will need to be changed, and I will need so time to do so and make it coherent with what I already wrote. As well as some time to rebuild a little self-esteem after this mediocre performance of a thread I showed. Since I also has a family reunion next week end, I’ll probably come back between next Monday and Wednesday

Once again, I’m really sorry to have asked two days of bumps for basically nothing, but I do believe I’m acting for the greater good of the story
Thanks for coping with me, I love you all. Unless you’re guys. In that case I just like you very very much.
>>
>>27860723
>>27860734
It's like having to of us around that's fucking hilarious!

Let us tastefully inject ourselves into this situation by flying in and playing a quick tune to introduce our self and ask what the problem may be and if we can help.

>>27860747
I'm having a great time and I'm sure that as long as Grandpa Blord is there, it'll be a blast. I'll see you some other time Pleens but could I ask for a picture of Trotting Stone? Just posting it anytime in /cyoag/ would be fine if it's alright with you.
>>
>>27860747

Do whatever works for you senpai
>>
>>27860747
No wait! Cancel that. Instead, ask Grampa what he thinks of the situation. He is a veteran bard after all.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.