[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mlp/ think of the shows animation in the earlier episodes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Dedede Sama.jpg (65 KB, 485x485) Image search: [Google]
Dedede Sama.jpg
65 KB, 485x485
What does /mlp/ think of the shows animation in the earlier episodes compared to the new ones?
>>
>>27820562
The animation's quite lackluster compared to what we have now.
>>
>>27820562
Wasn't as impressive or energetic, but, if you ask me, it didn't need to be.
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the increase in animation quality largely due to Top Draw Animation taking over most of the work starting with Season 2, instead of DHX doing everything?
>>
>>27820562
Very mediocre since the beggining
>>
>>27820562
New seasons have improved quite a bit. They use shadows to better effect, most of the animation is more fluid and awkward faces are kept to a minimum.

On the downside, I think they animate too many human-like poses these days. It was really rare in the early seasons to see hoofhands and the like.
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-05+at+07.59.14).jpg (107 KB, 697x665) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-05+at+07.59.14).jpg
107 KB, 697x665
Here's the thing. Newer seasons do have better animation, sure. More intensive/pretty magic effects, smoother overall, new angles of ponies beyond the standard 0/45/90 degree stances, new and more dynamic objects/vehicles/etc, and so on.

HOWEVER, the new animation misses the quirky cuteness it used to have.
Go back and watch twilight in the the intro segment of winter wrap up
>http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsmd5k_my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-season-1-episode-11-winter-wrap-up-captioned_shortfilms
and you'll know/remember exactly what I mean.
>>
>>27820655
>>27820956
These. Its better now, but the old way had a charm to it. Heck, the animation errors gave us Derpy of all things. If we started off at S6 quality, she might never have come to be.
>>
>>27820956
>blaming the animation for writing
how did you do these amazing mental gymnastics?

theres also quite a bit more quirky cuteness going on in the background now than before.
>>
>>27820956
I think that sort of thing is more down to the writers and the storyboard artists than the animators.
>>
>>27820956
There's still a lot cute little moments it's just that most of it is in the background or goes by real quick. And while the early seasons do have that simple charm, there are A LOT of places where it's just (comparatively) sub-par and actually detracts from the flow of the scene.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.