[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you change your opinion of EQG if they moved the story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: TombSet.jpg (274 KB, 598x911) Image search: [Google]
TombSet.jpg
274 KB, 598x911
Would you change your opinion of EQG if they moved the story direction from cliché high school tropes to something a little more fantasy-oriented, sort of like a kid friendly Buffy the Vampire Slayer? One could argue that it is like that now, but it's like 90% mundane and 10% fantasy, and I'm thinking more of a 60/40 split in favor of fantasy and action.
>>
EQG needed to have its own world as a setting, rather than a pastel version of ours. It wouldn't have to even be modern. It could even be an exact copy of Equestria, but with people instead of horsies.
>>
>>27797910
I honestly think they're going in a more fantasy/action direction with the new EQG movie. If so, I will be pleased, because yeah the high school setting was nice for the first two movies but they needed to go somewhere new and try new genres to keep it fresh.
>>
>>27797926
Hell, Hasbro owns Wizards of the Coast, they could just stick 'em in a pseduo-DnD world and be done with it.

Then again, that would never happen seeing as how the original purpose of EQG was to compete with Monsturd High and stick their financial dicks in a different toy market, quality be damned.
>>
>>27797973
>MLP + Dungeons and Dragons crossover
/tg/ would shit enough bricks to build a house with
>>
>>27797910
They shouldn't have promised us that no humans were going to appear.
>>
File: bop.gif (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
bop.gif
3 MB, 720x405
I don't mind the fact that it involves high school because I'm not an insecure faggot trying to be manly about the little girls programming I watch
>>
>>27797910
only when they have hooves
>>
>>27797910
No. It needs better writing and an interesting setting. I don't think 20th century suburb highschool is ever interesting, even with a million twists and changes. Also needs a major design change. And actual fleshed out characters. And drop sunset. Just fuck the whole thing.
>>27798991
>the only people who dislike a boring and generic high school setting are just insecure and want to be manly
No need to be so upfront about sucking cocks, faggot.
>>
>>27798991
>High School Musical on stage
Hey, I did that in high school.
>>
Just remove all links to pony. Make EqG its own thing.
>>
Nah it's fine.
>>
>>27797910
It would make it less painfully moronic, but that's only turning a steaming pile of rancid shit into a pile of shit. The fact is the setting is fundamentally flawed; the mere existence of the 'human world' raises massive questions and problems in the setting and lore.

Moreover, if we move it away from the high school cliche, what is EqG's reason for existing in the first place? Without the cashgrab backing, why shouldn't it be set in Equestria in the first place? What purpose is there in telling the story set in a world that is meaningless to the rest of the show and has severe problems of its own?

It would be less insultingly dumb, but that would not make it good.
>>
>>27797910
I think that could work.
>>
File: where it belongs.jpg (142 KB, 878x900) Image search: [Google]
where it belongs.jpg
142 KB, 878x900
>>27797910
No.
>>
>>27797910
I'd love it if there was a mini series where they seek out magical anomolies in the human world and banish them back where they came from. It'd be much more interesting than high school films.
>>
>>27797910
>One could argue that it is like that now.
No they couldn't.
>>
File: 1310497258732.jpg (6 KB, 251x238) Image search: [Google]
1310497258732.jpg
6 KB, 251x238
>>27800579
Then that means we wouldn't have all these lovely generals and autistic shills to brighten our day
>>
LOL XD
BUMP 4 GOOD THREAD
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.