[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ponyhammer 40000 Setting Creation Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: Ponyhammer 40k.jpg (191 KB, 848x504) Image search: [Google]
Ponyhammer 40k.jpg
191 KB, 848x504
Because if we can do this with Fallout, why the hell not with Warhammer 40k? Plus, I just like making settings.

Anyway, In this thread I'm looking to basically create a ponified version of the warhammer 40000 setting not unlike what was done with Fallout Equestria and I'd like help creating it. Most importantly, I need help with the determining the identities of some of the other Alicorn Princesses' along with names for their Legions/Chapters, etc. Other things outside of the Pony Imperium are also welcome and open for the undertaking.

Cliff-notes version: The races of Equus discovered space technology and spread out among the stars. Given Celestia couldn't be everywhere in the galaxy at once, she sent out 18 Alicorns (Some of whom were made such through artificial means) to help guide the ponies beyond the stars. Pony society discovers how brutal life beyond Equus is and ends up militarising heavily.

After some centuries, Celestia found out how bad things had gone in the galaxy and tried to reunify the ponies under her and her sister Luna's rule, seeking to remind the ponies of the importance of Friendship. Princess Twilight gets corrupted by the powers of Chaos, lures over eight other Princesses' to the Ruinous powers and civil war happens. Twilight's defeated and Celestia's placed on life support. The other Princesses are either dead, missing or traitor. Equestrian society goes into major stagnation and regression, and is now under attack on all sides and from within. Bla Bla, Grimdark Yadda Yadda There's Only War.

So yeah, throw out some ideas and let's see what we create. Greentexts, art and stuff are also fine.
>>
page 10
>>
I kinda like the idea that Fausticorn is the emprah. It's fitting that she lays upon the golden throne looking over us.

But at the same time it fits better for the whole Celestia / Luna banishment thing to mirror the Horus Heresy.

How would warp powers work? Would magic as we know by psyker stuff? On one hand it would be interesting to see ponies distrust unicorns because of their connection to the warp but then psyker subtleties would be lost. But it fits nicely to think that if the warp is a representation of collective unconscious that is why in the show we are seeing ponies able to use magic without any problems because they live in an almost utopic society.

Perhaps we could have unicorn magic and warp magic that can be used independent of race, only dependent on whether or not they have the psyker mutation.
>>
>>27783872
>Because if we can do this with Fallout, why the hell not with Warhammer 40k?

Retarded lawsuits

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/12/04/52810.htm
>>
>>27785910
Also because 40k doesn't have such a wide audience as FO but I'd definitely would love to see more MLP x 40k stuff
>>
>>27785787
just make unicorn magic become tainted and corrupted by warp magic over time through fuckery, or something, or just make them one and the same but the emprah's magic was keeping it from getting to that point of becoming warp fuckery until now.
>>
>>27783872
BOOP DA UDDA BOYZ
>>
File: tumblr_mla1sehMYG1rs9lxpo1_1280.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mla1sehMYG1rs9lxpo1_1280.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1600
>Fluttershy is with the Tau.
>Excessively positive outlook but still dangerous.
>Drank the coll aid in Starlight's village.
>Weeaboo of the group.

I guess explaining the ever growing size of Tau mechs by saying she simply dreams of one day piloting a Ponygelion herself would be far too far-fetched for this, right?

>>27785787
The problem here is that unicorns need the magic to get around with all the telekinesis and such.

Equating it to alicorn magic would spawn one too many alicorns, though.
>>
>>27786009
It would make sense that spacemareines through genetic enhancement would all be alicorns as the big E but they'd all look like shitty mary sue alicorns and the distinction of races would be lost.
>>
File: large.jpg (487 KB, 1280x956) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
487 KB, 1280x956
>>27786047
You could always simply give them some special body type like Fleur De Lis'.
>>
>>27786009
>Fluttershy will be rendered sterile as a Gue'vesa and be branded a traitor to her own race.
I'm okay with this
>>
>>27784763
>>
File: fluttershy navigator.png (650 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
fluttershy navigator.png
650 KB, 800x600
>>27783872
The names in your picture sound pretty dull to me.
>>
>>27785787

The reason I chose Celestia is because I always envisioned Luna in more of a Malcador the Sigilite role to Celestia. Besides, I dunno why, I think it kind of strikes a bit more if it's Twilight is the one that goes traitor. But, it can work with Luna too.

I admit I kind of thought of doing Psykers as Unicorns Idea. But, you're right, that does lose some of the subtleties of it. I think a mix of ideas: Have Unicorns almost always have some kind of warp connection ala. Navigators or have a very high percentage of them being born a Psyker. Other races are able to become Psykers as well, but it's a bit more uncommon.

And we go for the loss of their utopic society and stagnation for why Magic became so much more messy and dangerous to use.
>>
>hyperspace hyperwars
Nerds.
>>
>>27787643

It's a serious hobby!
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.