[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We FINALLY get another Official MLP game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: screen640x640.jpg (242 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
screen640x640.jpg
242 KB, 640x360
And its this harmony quest bullshit.
Like, WTF, even gameloft's game is better than this button mashing "Pay us money or we hold half the cast hostage" crap.

Goddamnit, will we EVER get a legitimate MLP game?
>>
Hasbro's CEO explicitly said that they're not interested in making console/non-phone games of any of their franchises save for Transformers, and that's only because it's an obligation.
>>
GIVE ME SHEKELS GOYIM
>>
>>27782718
LYNCH THE CEO
>>
File: Hasjew.jpg (99 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Hasjew.jpg
99 KB, 500x500
>>27782727
Oy vey
>>
>>27782711
So what kind of gameplay is it?
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 321x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 321x285
>>27782711
Nope

I want a proper RPG or anything action adventure on PC, but I guarantee you that all we will ever get officially when it comes to video games will be freemium iOS bullshit.
>>
One day, I'll make beat'em'up with horses. That day won't come any time soon though.
>>
File: fun incarnate.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
fun incarnate.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>27782718
>There will never be magic battles like webm related

HASBROOOO
>>
This better be better then Legends of Equestria
>>
>be pacifist democracy
>can't rival for influence points (it gives me 0.01 per month)
>run out of mandates to do early on because border expansion without warfare is costly
>can't even aggressively vassalize anymore because defense pact costs influence now
What the hell am I supposed to do for influence now? It still comes somewhat easy with mandates early game, but the income just doesn't scale at all with empire size. Isn't my empire supposed to be more "influential" as it grows larger?
>>
>>27784629
Does Stellaris even have horse mods?
>>
>>27782711
Twilight's castle will be destroyed in the finale.
>>
>>27782711
Link?
>>
>>27782718
Why are they not interested in making a lot of money?
>>
>>27785037
I doubt there any devs willing (except maybe Mane6, if you can call them a dev studio) to make a MLP game for console.
>>
>>27782711
No.

Hasbro doesn't really know much about the game market because they've never had any real stake in it. Being an incredibly conservative company they also aren't prone to making risky business moves either (which making a legitimate current gen console game, which costs millions of dollars, is definitely risky).

Simply put, video games have a high entry cost and a high risk of not seeing any decent returns.

At best you might see a really low budget title on a handheld console. However it would be the safest, least offensive, most standard game ever while also being made on a shoestring budget and as such would probably be quite a terrible game anyway.

Hasbro will never invest the millions necessary to put together a proper, high quality MLP video game. They already regret their transformers games (because they have a very low return for how long they take and how much they cost).
>>
>>27785051
They could license the IP to someone, though, and let them take on most of the risk.
>>
>>27785037
Compared to toys and other products console games actually don't make that much.

I mean don't get me wrong, really popular games can generate some serious cash but I doubt you would see an MLP game at the top of the video game sales charts since it's at best a niche title even if it was amazing in terms of gameplay, story and graphics due to the fact that it's about cartoon horses.

In addition making games is expensive and doesn't see immediate returns, so they would be dumping millions of dollars into a product that may end up failing completely and actually losing them money rather than making it.

It's honestly a sound business decision for Hasbro to not make a pony game.
>>
>>27785069
Yeah but what development studio would be willing to take on that kind of risk?

Pony is a niche market regardless of quality, normies can never be convinced to touch it. At most you'll get the brony market and the parents who buy games for their little girls, which is a pretty small market to be aiming towards.

I honestly can't think of a single publisher or developer who would go for a risk like that. MLP is really just not mainstream enough in gaming circles to have the guaranteed sales to succeed.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1334x750
Fuckin NEET bastards. Get a job.
>>
>>27785083
It would've been a lot easier back then, but for the handhelds only.There was a DS game before based on G3
>>
>>27785083
I thought I read somewhere that Platinum games would be willing to do it, but I can't find the source.
>>
>>27785547
Oh shit, I balls that up, it was WayForward
>>
>>27784629
>Fuck Influence
seriously i raped the whole galaxy with a +1,0 Influence
vasalise the first empire and you're good to go
take one after the other
than my friend you start the cleansing
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.