[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since the movie is going to be released in theatres, if I go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 7
File: th (7).jpg (14 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
th (7).jpg
14 KB, 300x225
Since the movie is going to be released in theatres, if I go will I be the only single grown man in a sea of little girls, or will it be the other way around, with the one seven year old and her mom wondering why a bunch of grown men in fedoras are watching the movie?
>>
>>27773580
>In fedoras
Hey not everyone of us isn't that rude. We know our manners to take off our hats when we go indoors.
>>
>>27773580
>with the one seven year old and her mom wondering why a bunch of grown men in fedoras are watching the movie?

There will be a parental panic after the movie hits theatres
>>
>>27773580
Protip, you bronies are far less numerous than you think
>>
>>27773595
>>27773616
Great, 2 different answers.
>>
>>27773593
Kek

Seriously guys. If I go will there others like us or will they call the cops on me mistaking me as a pedo.
>>
>>27773580
I don't think it'll be that bad, it'll probably be like going to see zootopia, it'll mainly be adults with kids, but there'll be a few hipster people there to watch the movie too.

You won't stick out too much.
>>
You will be in the theater with a mix of parents with kids, and fans from teen age to adulthood...and guess what? None of them are there to see YOU, literally nobody will care or remember who you were

For fuck's sake, this is MLP, it only airs on a premium cable channel to begin with...it's not like Rugrats or Spongebob or something where every single kid in the country watches it, the fandom is a big part of what fuels the show, you won't be the only one regardless.
>>
Just imagine the impact this might have if it turns out to be a huge hit in an industry dominated by 3D animation.

FiM and its legacy truly belong to history books
>>
>>27773690
That's swell. I was just worried of being the only lone adult. They would think I was a rapist or pedo or something.
>>
Why assume it's cinematic release will be different from EQG's?
>>
>>27773690
>>27773736
dude, you WILL be. Or at least the only male.
People won't question girls going to see it, but if you YOU, an adult MALE show up alone to see it, yeah, they're going to straight up assume you're a pedo.
>>
>tfw daughter is going to be 3 when movie releases
>tfw perfect cover

And none shall be the wiser.
>>
>>27773725
I can't remember the last 2D animated movie I've seen in theatres. It will draw some nice publicity to the show. Imagine a society where MLP was talked about as commonly as Breaking Bad or Walking Dead. Itll never happen but it'd be cool.
>>
>>27773736

the movie is going to be shit and you ARE a rapist pedo. if you were not you would not be here on /mlp/
>>
best to stay safe and fantasize about fuckibg kids at home bro
>>
File: 1451176083688.jpg (11 KB, 328x277) Image search: [Google]
1451176083688.jpg
11 KB, 328x277
>>27773725
>Implying the movie will be 2D animated
>>
>>27773737
because equestria girls came out at the height of the MLP meme during S3. The meme Crashed and burned like 2 years ago.
>>
>>27773753
Sponge out of Water was mostly 2D animated. They only became CGI in the last 30 minutes or so.
>>
>>27773753
what I meant was that it could spark a comeback in 2D animation

>>27773769
>already confirmed to be animated with ToonBoom

look at the new kid
>>
>>27773751
Lucky bastard. There's a single mother next door that I'm pretty tight with. Maybe I can go with her and her daughter.
>>
>>27773765

"fantasize"?
>>
>>27773643
I go to plenty of family friendly movies by myself and I've never had any problems
>>
>>27773804
you have a plan

jk
>>
>>27773807
because they're friendly to everyone, anon!
>>
File: 1367872883698.png (318 KB, 1177x977) Image search: [Google]
1367872883698.png
318 KB, 1177x977
>>27773580
Take a younger relative with you. It's the perfect cover story.
>>
>>27773745
>>27773754
>>27773806
>>27773765
Never change /mlp/
>>
>>27773821
>anons start looking for children
>>
>>27773804
Heh, whatever you say anon. Just expect to be saying, "My wife's daughter" soon.
>>
>>27773807

See, family friendly films are fine. Teenage mutant ninja turtles? No problem. Disney film? No problem.

The issue is THIS IS FUCKING MY LITTLE PONIES. This is the most cliche girly franchise in EXISTENCE. Only motherfucking Barbie would be a girlier movie that you could be seen going to.
The public only knows one, and ONLY one thing about My little pony and that's the 80s my little pony.

Its virtually inconcievable in the public mind for a male to willingly want to go see MLP because its seen as the most vapid girly garbage out there that only 3 year old girls would want to see.
>>
>>27773580
I think you'll see more adults than kids. This happened to me when I seen EQG 1 and EQG 2 in theaters with a friend of mines and don't think it'll be any different imo.
>>
I refuse to be shamed when its TWENTY SIXTEEN and men dressed as women are allowed to go into womens bathrooms, women celebrate their abortions on Twitter and Salon is writing articles about men who are ok with their wives cheating on them because feminism.

People are ok with that shit but wanna pick on men who happen to enjoy a animated cartoon? Fuck that.

We're not going to be your punching bags because we're one of the few groups left that its PC to make fun of.
>>
>>27773853

you are such a pussy man child

kill yourself now

there is absolutely no hope for you in life
>>
>>27773847
he's right

you know what this means?

we're going to make the news again. after the movie hits, you'll see it on CNN "Adult males crowding movie theaters for My Little Pony? Fears of pedophilia are on the rise."
>>
>>27773859

lighten up, francis.
go on ebay and buy a set of testicles

the fact of the matter is that all of you are a bunch of stupid man children who never grew up. you are the michael jacksons of 4chan.
>>
>>27773847
>This is the most cliche girly franchise in EXISTENCE

But anon, it WAS

GoH is really their first step in making the brand truly suitable for boys and girls.

This is really a first. For the first time, a girls-only brand has reached beyond the demographic, and can appeal to absolutely everyone.

Barbie, Polly Pocket and Monster High are all stuck in the same model, unable to advance elsewhere.

Meanwhile, MLP got toys, movies, books, comics, games, collectibles, clothes, spinoffs, merch....

No, anon. FiM is not "for little girls" anymore. Which, ironically, is preciselly what Faust wanted all along
>>
File: mlfw6241-sil.png (162 KB, 638x349) Image search: [Google]
mlfw6241-sil.png
162 KB, 638x349
>>27773864
I'm already dead inside, so you have fun taking your own advice.
>>
>>27773819
point is, it's a kids movie
Hell, I plan on seeing BFG soon
I just saw TMNT 2 and Independence Day: Resurgence last Sunday
I normally wait until Tuesdays, when tickets are cheaper and I go for the earliest showings so there is no one else in the theater

as long as you dress normal and don't wear anything pony related, no one will care
>>
>>27773833
Psst.... Hey kid, wanna go see the MLP movie?
>>
>>27773879
its not a question of what it IS, but rather what the public PERCIEVES it to be. that's the thing, it might be a completely different thing than the 80s version, but the public doesn't see it that way, they still see it as the 80s version.

That's the issue.
>>
>>27773891
>Independence Day: Resurgence

holy shit, that was awful
>>
>>27773865
well, I better make sure to have an Anon suit ready in case there are any cameras outside the theater
>>
>>27773925
yup, it's better if you look at it as a comedy. just not much better

I liked TMNT 2, much closer to the turtles I know and love
I still hate Megan fox as April though

I almost went when EqG:RR hit theaters, but it was showing much further away than I was comfortable with traveling to

in all honesty, there has been very little in the way of major news steams about mlp and bronies, so I don't think people really care or are at least desensitized mostly to the idea of adults liking mlp

seriously, when was mlp and bronies last seen on the major news channels?
>>
>>27773896

that is the same van that most of the fuckers in this board drive
>>
>>27774010
Given the meme died in S3, there's really been zero reason for bronies to show up in the news. It'd be like reporting on Nyancat.

Agreed about TMNT 2 though. Krang was pretty sweet.
>>
>>27774010

>seriously, when was mlp and bronies last seen on the major news channels?

that time pinkie pie shot up a coffee shop in the name of allah. it was november 2014 in canada, remember?
>>
>>27774050
>Krang was pretty sweet
Brad Garret did a great job
I hope they do a tv series spinoff on the movies
>>
>>27773859
That's quite inspiring Anon. I'm going to go and be proud of it.
>>
Evening showings: Mostly adult men
Midnight showing (if some theaters pull this gimmick to get bronies to show up for the premiere): almost entirely men
matinee afternoon showings: mostly girls or mostly empty (all the lids movies I go to are mostly empty during the day)

I think part of it is I go on the premiere day or soon after, and parents don't know what movies are out that quickly.
>>
>>27774131

yes, be proud of the fact that you are a loser with questionable sexuality and low moral fiber
>>
>>27774120
I just liked the "I barely even thought about you" Line.
>>
>>27774010
>seriously, when was mlp and bronies last seen on the major news channels?

It has been a while, but it mostly happen during conventions now a days, any other publicity is rare to see now, and I like it that way.
>>
>>27774010
The only most recent I can recall are clickbait websites like Gawker bringing up a Rainbow Dash figure boiled in semen in a jar.
>>
>>27774156
This may work. I went to 2 showings of Civil War and the first was a 9 o'clock showing as t night on the Thursday before it's official release and it was all older people in their 20s and up wearing marvel shirts and clapped and cheered when they showed another hero but I saw it the following Saturday at 11 in the morning and it was all really young kids with their parents. I will just go on a late night showing.
>>
>>27774174
And you aren't? Then why are you here?
>>
>>27774156
Huh, I thought alot of the noon showings were always Empty during the middle of the week; that was when I was planning on going to see it since most movies are ghost towns.
>>
>>27774242
That's what I said, hardly anyone goes to the afternoon showings, but I've yet to see a fully empty theater even in afternoon showings for:

Inside Out
The Good Dinosaur

Each one had about 6 people in it.
>>
>>27773920
Who knows, that might change after the movie.
>>
>>27774156
I can recall the time when I went to watch "Finding Dory" at the evening that there was a fair share of families and young adults together.
>>
>>27774278
yeah. they could percieve MLP as a pedo show
>>
>>27774298
how was it?
>>
>>27774308
It was a great movie. Hank the octopus was the best character in it, imo.
>>
>>27774278
if it gets good Reviews it could shake up public perception alot, like how Zootopia's good reviews lead to its success, or how frozen's reviews made it seem more "okay" for adult males to be fans of it.

Hell, up until the michael bay movies, Transformers fans were generally seen as pretty anti-social shut ins/degenerates, while the movies success did alot to make adults liking transformers seem "okay"
>>
>>27774340
stop fucking caring what other people think about movies you enjoy
>>
>>27774050
exactly, though it wouldn't surprise me if the movie ramps up brony activities in the news as the release date gets closer

>>27773859
I have to agree
however I don't go around shouting about it into peoples faces
if someone were to ask me, I'd be honest with them

>>27774174
says the guy on the /mlp/ board on 4chan

>>27774242
because everyone is at school and or work

I've seen lines get huge for 4 pm and later showings, but the ones before that is like a ghost town inside, and I like it that way

>>27774278
unlikely, but one can hope
it has to do with all the Bronies that have no social skills, using it as a way to identify themselves in the world in the same way one chooses a gender nowadays
that they somehow felt the need to tell EVERYONE they met that they liked the show is what got everyone pissed at them and started hating it on that principle alone, never mind that it's MLP to begin with

the fandom came out of nowhere and it came from 4chan of all places, so the fanbase was gonna be a little strange to begin with

Bronies are what turn many away from giving the show a chance in the first place
>>
>>27774359
The more people that like the thing I like, the more thing I like there is.
>>
>>27774387
Good point, but that's not what I got from
>how frozen's reviews made it seem more "okay" for adult males to be fans of it.
If people can't see Frozen for the greatness it is then it's their loss.
>>
>MLP movie breaks the top 10 best selling movies of all time
>Reviews bring in huge crowds of people from outside the fandom
>/mlp gets swarmed with Normies filling us up from the movie

Horrifying
>>
I just hope that it will bring publicity to it as a fandom and not a shitty animates 80s money grab that many people outside of the fandom think. More publicity means more MLP and more MLP means more merch and I'm still waiting for my funko vinyl pop of Sunset Shimmer.
>>
It will probably be similar to the Equestria Girls shows. The little kids and parents sit up front, while the Bronies sit in the back.

For me EQG 1 wasn't that bad, but EQG 2 had some autistic guys that wouldn't shut up. They even learned the songs from the trailers and were singing along for the first chunk.
>>
>>27774434
I'm more hoping for more guardians of harmony stuff; I know the staff has said that they have alot of GOH stuff planned for the movie if this first GOH wave sells well in the fall.
>>
>>27774403
>MLP movie breaks the top 10 best selling movies of all time
Why even fantasize about that? There's a bigger chance of seeing Sunny in FiM than MLP breaking that. It will be worst selling at box-office.
>>
>>27774403
Bronygeddon 2.0
>>
>>27774451
before the michael bay movies would you have thought Transformers would at one point be the fifth highest selling movie of all time like what dark of the moon was?
>>
>>27774438
I always sit 2nd or 3rd row from front, center

>some autistic guys that wouldn't shut up
worse than children, honestly

>>27774456
what was the first one?
>>
This is my most successful thread ever.
>>
>>27774451
Isn't the budget like $10 million? It will definitely make a profit.
>>
File: 1453516169132.jpg (16 KB, 180x192) Image search: [Google]
1453516169132.jpg
16 KB, 180x192
>>27774463
Congrats
>>
>>27774462

Twilicorn.
>>
>>27774462
The start of the fandom when many bronies were up in the Internet's face about it.
>>
>>27774469
Nah, way higher than that. like 30 or 40million last I heard, they have some decent VA's for this after all.
>>
>>27774469
Damn thats more than I thought Hasbro would spend on it. They must really have faith in the bronies.
>>
>>27774487
>They must really have faith in the bronies
They must really have faith in their toys
FTFY
>>
>theaters show only the shitty "latin" Mexican dub in my country
>Applejack sounds like a retarded nasal 14 yo girl, she is the reason why I don't watch the Latin dubbed version
>Rainbow sounds like a kid, a fat and annoying kid
>Twilight and Pinkie are not horrible but those VA do the same voice for every character on literally the 90% of the animated shows on cable
>Rarity's VA dubbed every bitchy character in Highschool themed movies and Nickelodeon series
>I don't even remember how Fluttershy sounds like

I will wait for the "shitty, blurry 480p Russian theatre recorded with camera shake" version, I guess
>>
>>27773580
mlp isn't that popular as it once was. a lot of people have strayed away. we now look back in cringe and say 'what were we thinking' - they've moved on to actually fucking horses now.
>>
>>27774493
This
I don't think bronies are as abundant as they think
>>
>>27774633
Good.

Most fandoms are better when they're niche.
>>
>>27773580
I'm disappointed they went with: The Move

they never did that with EqG
>>
File: 1465568779455.jpg (72 KB, 720x690) Image search: [Google]
1465568779455.jpg
72 KB, 720x690
>>27773580
>TRAILER
>WHEN?
>>
>>27773580

This probably isn't a likely doable solution, but if it works, it would work great.

Don't go alone.
If you have any friends unlikely , who know about your interest in ponies even less likely , and have a kid, maybe you could ask them if it'd be okay for you to take them to see a movie as a babysitter or something holy shit forget it, that scenario's impossible, good luck though
>>
>>27776492
I've been watching movies by myself in the same theater for the last four years. Hell, most of the theater staff there knows me.
I have already seen stuff like The Peanuts Movie, Zootopia, and Finding Dory there so I should be safe as long as I go to the same theater. They probably won't give a crap if they see me with an MLP movie ticket.
>>
just don't start masturbating in the theater
the 10ft tall pony plot will make it very tempting though
>>
>>27776484
probably by christmas
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.