[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else think it's kinda sick that unicorns can spend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 199x253
Anyone else think it's kinda sick that unicorns can spend their life studying magic, or have an amazing job. But earth pones have to work themselves to death to get food on the table.
>>
>>27751276
>thumbnail
Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>27751276
AJ seems pretty stupid and happy the way she lives.
Rarity is fucking retarded despite having a horn in magic.
Scootaloo is a fucking cripple.
And on the other hand, there is Filthy rich which is, well filthy rich despite being a "dirty mud pony".
>>
>>27751276
remove friendship
>>
>>27751331
>Rarity is fucking retarded despite having a horn in magic.
>Thrives and lives a wealthy life by selling clothing to people who are usually naked
>Retarded
>>
>>27752388
Rarity is like a faggot that studies economy. Sure he will get wealthy, but if you ask him about anything else but finances, he is more dumb than AJ.
Rarity is completely useless for everything like those guys, except for her dress thing.
And like you just said, who the hell needs clothes in a nudist world?
>>
>>27752416
>If you ask someone for something outside of their specialty they wont be good at it.
I would've never know.
>>
>>27752439
>would've never know

[nickering] well i think we can strike one specialty from that guy's list am i right or am i right?????
>>
>>27752439
You know, I am not an engineer or anything, but Ican make do with things at hand.
Rarity? just sits there and bitches and moans (diamond dogs episode?) until she gets her way.
Oh how useful.
>>
>>27752451
As opposed to fighting her way out of the diamond dog camp?
>>
>>27752416
>Rarity is like a faggot that studies economy. Sure he will get wealthy, but if you ask him about anything else but finances, he is more dumb than AJ.
What does this even mean? She runs a business, of course she knows what to do. She doesn't run a farm, of course she doesn't know what to do. What's your point?

>And like you just said, who the hell needs clothes in a nudist world?
You seem to be forgetting the fact that she actually is managing to sell them and doing well. If you can sell clothing to nudists, probably by creating a need, how is that a sign of someone who is retarded? It's only retarded when you fail.
>>
>>27751276
>can spend their life studying magic
Only if they have a talent for it. Most use it for holding stuff.

>or have an amazing job
Meh, not really... Filthy Rich is, well, rich, and he's an earth pony.
>>
well why can't rarity start blasting shit. or - oh god - do gem attacks like in fighting is magic
>>
>>27752470
>She runs a business, of course she knows what to do.

i think they want us to take away that she's kind-of shitty at the business side of things but great at the artistic side.

sweet and elite she handled like shit.
canterlot boutique she had no control over the situation or any vision of/for it
gift of the maud pie she obviously only barely checked out the place before she bought it
>>
>>27752467
She didn't even kick the ass of Garble, you think she could have beat all those guys? she can fight with females, but she is no female Hulk.
That's why she did that instead of fighting.
Still, just shows how hopeless she really is. She only has her charm and her dress thing. The others have more stuff (except Flutter which is kinda the same, unless she gets really mad).
>>
>>27752451
>Rarity? just sits there and bitches and moans (diamond dogs episode?) until she gets her way.
Did you not watch the episode, or get the lesson? You would have found it better if she just shut up and acted as their slave until she was rescued like the damsel in distress everyone thought she was? Her method actually got the diamond dogs into working for her, what else was she supposed to do?

Though I'm not sure I can blame you for not understanding, you appear to have the same intelligence as they do, so I can understand how you didn't quite get exactly what happened.
>>
>>27752500
>As opposed to
This implies that the alternative I presented wasn't viable.
>>
>>27752508
I did get what happened. Instead of forcing her to do shit (but oh no, how can you force a female in a feminist show, madness) like they would have if the show wasn't feminist, and she didn't have hero immunity, then they would have kicked her ass at the very least until she worked like she should.
Of course, again, that's too hardcore for spoiled little girls.
>>
>>27752528
>feminism
>If the show wasn't feminist
This is entirely unrelated.
>>
>>27752499
What? DYEWTS? She is great at the business side, that was one of the problems in Spice Up Your Life. Saddle Row Review was her setting up her store. All she does most of the time is work for herself.

>canterlot boutique she had no control over the situation or any vision of/for it
Again, wrong. The business was great too when Rarity was in control, towards the end. What she didn't like was making it some factory. She likes to be artistic, but she clearly understands how stores work, how else would she have the ability to expand to not one, but two additional locations, and still maintain control over them with them being successful in highly competitive locations?

>>27752500
Again, what? She clearly beat them with her manipulation, why would she need to fight?

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1StOInBcleM
>Kicking a manticore in the face and only quitting because her mane was ruined
She's been shown numerous times to be one of the better fighters in close quarters.

>The others have more stuff (except Flutter which is kinda the same, unless she gets really mad).
Prove it. Anyone can use your argument for anyone else.

>Oh hurr durr Rainbow only has her wonderbolt thing
>Fluttershy just does the animals, she can't do shit
>What does Pinkie ever do other than party stuff
>Applejack is nothing more than apples and family

Twilight's just a Mary Sue, it's impossible to say anything like that about her though.
>>
>>27752545
But it is, you retard.
You know what they do to prisoners? they don't want to comply? burn their feet.
Still nothing? no food and water.
Still nothing? start forcing them to stay in the sun whole day. I am sure Rarity wouldn't even have talked after 15 minutes of burns in her skin and would have worked like a good slave after that. But of course, it is a show for girls, the good guys have to win. I understand that, but don't be deluded that in real life what Rarity did it is ever gonna work.
>>
>>27752555
>Waste of trips
>This amount of edge
It has nothing to do with feminism you retard, it has everything to do with fact that its a kid's show, nothing you said would ever occur on network kid's programming. No one said this is how the situation would occur in real life and no one is pretending it does.
>>
File: 1429678093050.png (1 MB, 513x1117) Image search: [Google]
1429678093050.png
1 MB, 513x1117
>>27752528
Why bring up the SJW boogeyman into this? The lesson of the episode was that just because she's a lady doesn't mean she'll be some damsel in distress like everyone thought she was. That's a pretty easy lesson to understand, and the conversation doesn't need to go towards "IT'S FEMINISM'S FAULT!"

>like they would have if the show wasn't feminist, and she didn't have hero immunity, then they would have kicked her ass at the very least until she worked like she should.
This is fucking stupid. I can't even address this. The episode was focusing on her, of course she was going to get out of it. And of course she has hero immunity, she's a main character. What even are you complaining about? Yeah, if Twilight wasn't Celestia's pupil and if she wasn't a main character, she wouldn't be a princess! Damn this show!

>Of course, again, that's too hardcore for spoiled little girls.
I'm giving up on you if you can't understand what the fucking point of this show is.
>>
File: 1457321374410.jpg (63 KB, 440x815) Image search: [Google]
1457321374410.jpg
63 KB, 440x815
>>27752555
>Why isn't the show like my edgy fanfictions it's fucking terrible I don't get it why didn't they just torture her that's what they should have done
>>
>>27752547
Rainbow knows karate for one.
She reacts fast and can fly fast.
That's pretty useful, we also saw her cutting logs, remember?
Fluttershy I concede. Her only tpoints are her charm and beauty, plus her animal understanding.
Pinkie at least has her wacky gimmicks, that thing about how she can pull out stuff from thin air and she has been seen to be determined and never lose hope in most situations, at least when she is not pessimistic.
AJ can fight and defend herself, she can get into any kind of manual labor, that's pretty useful if you are in a dangerous situation, or general survival.
>>27752593
Thankfully Mc Carthy turned Rarity in a complete whore, destroying the good message that Faust created.
BRAVO
And of ciourse little girls won't understand the message, they always misunderstand things.
They will think that just using your charms, you can get anything you wnat, not the good thing that it is supposed to be. Which is exactly why awe are so fucked and filled with women that just want to use men and friends to gain status and power, then forget about them.
But whatever man, I am trying to argue something more deep with you, but you just want the superficial stuff from the episode.
So yes you are right if so, Rarity can "defend herself" in an idealistic fantasy scenario, so props to her.
toppest kek.
>>
>>27752623
>And of ciourse little girls won't understand the message, they always misunderstand things.
They will think that just using your charms, you can get anything you wnat, not the good thing that it is supposed to be. Which is exactly why awe are so fucked and filled with women that just want to use men and friends to gain status and power, then forget about them.
>>>/r9k/

>So yes you are right if so, Rarity can "defend herself" in an idealistic fantasy scenario,
Right, my bad, I forgot this show was so grounded in reality.

Fuck off.
>>
>>27752623
I'm not that anon but if you really believe you had a "deep" argument over underlying feminist messages, than I can see why he gave up on you.
>>
>>27752500
So what do you think the others would've done if they'd be captured by the Diamond Dogs?
>>
File: 1448861657608.gif (535 KB, 304x367) Image search: [Google]
1448861657608.gif
535 KB, 304x367
Uh oh, that archived post.
>>
>>27752685
I think he wanted an ending where the diamond dogs enslaved and raped everyone.
>>
The thing is

Pegasus= National Security and Military forces
Unicorns=Politicians, artists, burgess class
Earth= Workforce, labour, farmer
>>
File: Ponintern.jpg (170 KB, 763x990) Image search: [Google]
Ponintern.jpg
170 KB, 763x990
>>27752715
>>
>>27752715
Wrong.
It is an idealistic situation where all three races would not even survive without the others.
They needed unicrorns to rise the sun and move the moon, then pegasus to form the army so they could defend the civilians and last, the earth ponies are apparently too weak or unorganized to defend themselves alone.
So it is a mutual agreement and a coalition, not like here in our planet where the rich want to screw the poor always.
>>
>>27752761
I think in modern day, unicorns do the delicate work, since Celestia handles the sun and moon. Obviously, Earth ponies can't, only unicorns and their telekinesis.
>>
>>27751276
I guess you can say Unicorns have Privilege
>>
>>27752685
Assuming the protagonist is supposed to win?
>Applejack/Rainbow Dash
She fights her way out. Meh.
>Twilight
See above, but with lazors and teleportation
>Pinkie Pie
Befriends her captors/distracts them with her antics/annoys them until they let her go
>Fluttershy
Is so meek, that they actually pity her (alternatively THE STARE)
>>
>>27752761

i never says they act for they own, of courne all three races cant survive without the others.

Nobody eats without earth ponies, or be organized without unicorns, or the whole nation without a pegasus army force.

thats my point
>>
>>27752816
But that also means that they can't treat each other like shit, they are too busy (as we can see) surviving to fight between themselves.
Now there is a bit of conflict, for the sake of story, but nothing as bad as here in our reality (obviously because show for little girls).
>>
>>27752439
The problem with economists is that they specialize too much at a much early stage of development; a physician, engineer, even a lawyer will learn some things about many fields in order to acquire an slightly specialized knowledge by himself, and further specialize as he reaches the end of his career and later on in the master's degree and such. But, since finances are a little bubble that exists with too much output into the real world, but nearly no input, so economists only focus in one thing since they enter college, and besides, they are usually people that didn't really ...exploited what high school had to offer to them very well either, so their general knowledge at that level also falters more than on the average of non-economists.
>>
>>27752816
Honestly? We've all seen the Flim Flam Brothers episode. In ~30 years the progress in the fields of magic, science and technology will make earth pony labor worthless. In ~50 years the same will happen to pegasi. The unicorns will be the only productive race. That is, until the royalty perfects artificial sources of magic, but that won't happen for some time.
>>
>>27752947
Shitty headcanons, faggot.
And your shitty head canons remind me how they sell you "fresh juice" that tastes fucking awful, simply because those "better machines" can't distinguish between the actual orange center and the cover, and thus they just add everything in and it sucks.
Nothing beats a good old traditional orange juice.
>>
>>27752963
So, you think that inventing a machine which peels the oranges is impossible?
>>
File: 1380417541663.png (133 KB, 414x394) Image search: [Google]
1380417541663.png
133 KB, 414x394
>>27753026
Yes you can. But I doubt that it doesn't fail from time to time.
Did you know that Coca Cola sonss of a bitch, sometimes throw people in the soda to get rid of them? also sometimes, you find human parts, between rats, cockroaches and other shit that makes you want to puke and never drink a soda ever again.
So yeah industrialization is not a good thing, yet. The companies don't want to lose half their production because a retard fell into the product and died. So next time you drink or eat something that you didn't prepare yourself from 0, think about that.
>>
File: 2011.png (364 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
2011.png
364 KB, 800x600
>>27752725
>>
>>27751276
>But earth pones have to work themselves to death to get food on the table.

Not necessarily. Pinkie and the Cakes are bakers. Octavia is a musician. Filthy Rich is a goddamned ponified Rockefeller. None of them are doing back-breaking manual labor like the Apples or (most of) the Pie family, and yet all of them appear to live comfortable lives (except for Filthy Rich, who is far more than merely comfortable; he is, as his name suggests, filthy stinkin' rich, and he and his family probably live in a mansion or something).
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.