[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait, why is the MLP Movie coming out in 2017 anyway? I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
Wait, why is the MLP Movie coming out in 2017 anyway? I can't remember when they announced it, 2014? 2015? But EqG they pumped out like a new CoD game. They're not actually considering making a GOOD movie are they?
>>
>>27743044
wow, eqg is mass produced shit, who knew?
>>
>>27743044
it will be a flop and the ride will be finally over!
>>
>>27743044

>You can have it done cheaply
>You can have it done quickly
>You can have it done well

Pick two AND ONLY TWO
>>
>>27743468
>You can have it done quickly
>You can have it done well

done
>>
>>27743513

Cough up some motherfuckin dough then. It's not as if DHX has a shitload of resources, or Hasbro is going to give them a big advance.
>>
>>27743522
>Hasbro
>Struggling with money

They have a massive fanbase and what is now their biggest IP

I don't think they will need much effort to greenlight it.

Let's get past sins while we're at it, fuck!
>>
>>27743928

Hasbro does not front one red cent for preproduction. The studio (DHX) makes films "on spec", essentially deferring payment and assuming all risk until the client (Hasbro) accepts the finished product.

You are ignorant of how the film business works, aren't you?
>>
>>27744032
And you're an expert?
>>
>>27744043

Nah, but I've done some sound design and production on other films. There is typically no/very little money up front. Instead you get paid "residuals", a percentage of profit the film brings in, once production costs have been paid off.

DHX is a small production house (compared to, say Warner Brothers) with a lot of projects on their plate already. The only way a good movie gets made quickly is if they can hire on more staff, and to do that, they need lots of bread.
>>
>>27743928
>And what is now their biggest IP
The Transformers movies which makes billions on a whim despite being hated by everyone say hi.
>>
>>27743044
> Call of MLP
Now that's something I can get behind
>>
It's being made by Hasbro Studios, not DHX.

My money is on it being some 3D CG travesty.
>>
>>27745092
Except no. DHX is contracted by Hasbro Studios. DHX is making this.
>>
>>27743468
I'm pretty sure they picked have it done well and only have it done well, based on the supporting cast. Tbqh I really hope Liev Schreiber is the villain.
>>
>>27745123
I can't fine anything to confirm what you're saying.

All I'm seeing is that the movie is under Allspark Pictures, Hasbro Studios' relatively new "self-financing film unit."

I don't know exactly what that means, but I don't see DHX's involvement in all this.
>>
>>27745123
Except you're wrong. Lionsgate is distributing it, Allspark Pictures is apparently self financing it. As of now, DHX is not involved, and there's no reason for them to be. Why the fuck would they?
>>
>>27745451
I'm not that anon, but I think it's reasonable to expect DHX to be involved, since they were behind every G4 animated production so far.
(Well, excluding the time before Studio B was acquired by DHX.)

That being said, it doesn't seem to be the case this time around, which is reason for concern.

I'm personally bracing for a travesty bigger than EqG.
>>
>>27745451
Holy fuck you know nothing about this movie, do you?

Yes, DHX is the company contracted by Hasbro Studios to animate the movie. The only difference between FiM and the movie is the movie is being animated in Harmony, not Flash.
>>
>>27745814
>the movie is being animated in Harmony
I thought they were using Toon Boom. When did they switch to that?
>>
>>27745850
Same thing.

https://www.toonboom.com/products/harmony
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.