[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>like MLP >Want to talk about MLP >Come to /mlp/ >Every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: 1459009969723.png (298 KB, 447x413) Image search: [Google]
1459009969723.png
298 KB, 447x413
>like MLP
>Want to talk about MLP
>Come to /mlp/
>Every thread is just fanfics, fetish stuff, and crossovers
>>
>>27735673
You could start a thread about whatever you wanted, yet you decided to go with a meta discussion thread. You're stupid.
>>
>>27735673
But what is there to talk about MLP??
>>
>>27735673
>coming to /mlp/ to talk about the show
It's not our fault you're retarded.
>>
>>27735687
Yeah well, while that's a valid point what I said is still true. The point is that all those other type of threads dominate, so any show discussion threads generally go straight to page ten because this board is filled with generals.

>>27735692
Characters, music, lore, episodes, jokes, etc etc, everything that makes it a show? And I know what you're gonna say, "its all been said before", doesn't matter...everything has been said and done before. I see more Arthur show discussion on /co/ than I see MLP discussion on /mlp/, it's uncanny
>>
>>27735828
Part of it is also the hiatus. We have more discussion during the season.

Anyway, want to make this into a lore/worldbuilding thread?
>>
File: averynormalimage.png (736 KB, 953x663) Image search: [Google]
averynormalimage.png
736 KB, 953x663
>>27735673
I know OP, it sucks
>>
>>27735878
Yeah, I get that too...but it's still shitty to me. Maybe when the show is over there will be people actually wanting to talk about old episodes......Also go ahead, I am pretty happy with the current seasons but one thing I am disappointed about is how they seem to squander the vast world they started with...like wtf, I wish it would go a bit more into this huge fantasy world rather than just be confined to very human esque landscapes that we've already seen so many times
>>
>>27735673
Same. Up till S6 I was pretty much here 24/7 but it rapidly reduced to maybe a visit once a week
>>
>>27735673
Your first mistake was liking mlp
>>
>>27736420
Fuck off moron.
>>
>>27736521
Your second mistake was wanting to talk about mlp
>>
>>27735687
I came here to post this.

Rather than decrease the amount of cancer by one thread, you instead chose to increase it.

Good job.
>>
>>27736588
Fuck you. A million worthless generals and this thread is cancer? You're the fucking cancer.
>>
>>27735673
Don't forget the threads where some whiny faggot bitches about everything like he's so much better :^)
>>
Tangerine Soap is best horse.
>>
Sorry for shitposting, I'm a newfag and don't know how this shit works.
>>
File: 1441477932242.png (266 KB, 678x664) Image search: [Google]
1441477932242.png
266 KB, 678x664
>>27735673
>hmm, there aren't any threads having the specific style of discussion I want to have
>should I maybe start a thread focusing on MLP discussion?
>LOL NO LETS DO A META THREAD INSTEAD

How irritatingly cancerous.
>>
>>27736771
>A million worthless generals

If you wrote a book entitled /mlp/ and this was the only sentence printed over thousands of times I would still buy it.
>>
File: cat.jpg (16 KB, 540x489) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
16 KB, 540x489
>>27736332
>I wish it would go a bit more into this huge fantasy world rather than just be confined to very human esque landscapes
That's why I dislike "The Saddle Row Review".
>>
>>27736835
All discussion threads go to page ten, 20 posts tops, dunce.
>>
>>27735673
That and threads bitching about how bad the board is/has become.
>>
>>27736899
So instead of trying you'd rather just complain? What good will that do? At least an actual discussion thread was productive, no matter how small.
>>
>>27736911
Do you really think I would be making this thread if I had never tried to make actual discussion threads before? That's what the fuckin' point is, man
>>
>>27735673

>didnt make a thread about show discussion
Do you know how imageboards work right?
>>
>>27735673
I'd guess there being a very vocal part of the board of this >>27737043 mindset does a good bit of damage on that front.
>>
>>27737107
>Didn't read the thread
Do you know how image boards work?

Because clearly you don't know how the English language works.
>>
>>27735828
>Music
Can't talk about it because it leads to generals.
>lore
Can't talk about because it leads to generals.
>Characters
Can't talk about it because it leads to generals.
>episodes
>This episode was shit!
>No it wasn't you fucking faggot!
>Yes it was Hasdrone!
>You both are fucking faggots MLP stopped being good after season 1!

Yes you totally want show discussion.
>>
For the few of you that see this:
What do you think is the best show discussion you've had here in your time in /mlp/? Anything special or unusual happen that made it better than other times?
>>
>>27737326
This is a very dumb comment.

>>27737346
The last time I personally had a really good time on /mlp/ was around just before, through, and after season 4, maybe not the BEST but that was the lest time I remember the board still being fun and not stagnant
>>
>>27737392
No it's really not. Eventually you'll run out of official music, and then you'll have to bring in fan made music to keep the thread going, or let it die. There isn't enough lore to discuss to keep a thread going, so you start to speculate, and when you start to speculate, you make fanfics or greens based of the speculations made in the thread. threads about characters turn into image dumps, and people talking about what they love about them. And when people start talking about episodes they want two things. One quick (you)s from people who liked it by posting a polar opposite opinion, or they want a hugbox where no one can say anything bad about the episode, and can only talk about the good, despite even the best episodes having some bad aspect to them.
>>
>>27737494
This is fucking stupid, anon. Let's say I wanted to have a thread about say...idk, Winter Wrap Up and what we all like about it...it doesn't need to last an entire week but that also doesn't mean there isn't enough to talk about to not go straight to page ten

You're thinking in extremes, and generals suck on a site like this because they turn what are essentially message boards designed for discussion of specific topics into personal chatrooms for people to circle jerk in, a thread doesn't have to become a general and generals are the problem to begin with
>>
>>27735673
>>Every thread is just fanfics, fetish stuff, and crossovers

the fetish shit and crossover shit is 'alright' with me, but when you only have ONE FUCKING THREAD on the first page that isn't a COYA or GREENTEXT FANFIC AUTISMO ADVENTURE, it removes any interest I have with the entire subject matter

The other problem is that there's no way to filter out all the fanfic shit because the idiots behind them don't even stick to the same subject name for every thread, so you still have to sift through them in the first place.
>>
>>27735878
>Part of it is also the hiatus
Even during actual episodes /mlp/ you have a handful of episode threads (screencap, generals, etc) and the rest is still the "HEY LOOK MY OC IS WEARING A DIAPER HERE'S A FANFIC OF HER AND ANGEL RAINBOW DASH HAHA TOTALLY NOT AUTISTIC PLEASE READ IT" threads.
>>
>>27735673
>He seriously wants to discuss a toy commercial for 6 year olds
>>
Generally the only time this place is good for discussion is when an episode is really good or really bad.
>>
>>27737519
You can have a thread about Winter Wrap Up, and yes you will get people to talk about it for awhile. But like all things, you'll run out of things to say about it. So what do you do? Do you create another thread about Winter Wrap Up when it dies? Well then now it goes to page 10 faster because no wants to talk about it anymore. Do you bring in fan content to keep it alive? But then you become the thing that you hate, and it's no longer about show discussion. You're in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, so the best you can do is spark up show discussion, make thread, host a marathon, bring in as much screen shots as possible. But eventually you'll run out of thing to do for it, and when everyone moves on, don't stand in your Winter Wrap Up thread cry about how no one wants to talk about it anymore. Move on too and start a new thread, about a different episode.
>>
>>27735673
Are you new or something? /mlp/ is always like this.

>>27737580
It's like Anons don't even visit here during showtime.

>>27737392
>This is a very dumb comment.
And dumbly accurate, once episode threads lose their sticky they fall into oblivion, fragmenting themselves into those types of threads after touching page 10.
>>
I think watching the show more often would help sparking more discussion.

There's a stream every sunday at about 10pm GMT where we watch 2 episodes. We've been doing that for a while now, rewatching every episode in chronological order. And now that the hiatus is here we try to have it every saturday, too (see >>27736007 )

How about we just sit down and enjoy the show together, and then discuss the show afterwards?
Or if the timezones screw you over, you can make your own stream. It takes about 1 minute to set up.
>>
>>27735673
oh look, its another "theres no discussions about the show" threads.

one, there are plenty of discussions, especially directly before, during, and after each new episode. start being here more faggot.
two, there are scattered discussions here and there even for topics that have been discussed to death. i dont know if youve ever repeated your opinion on one specific topic over and over, but it does in fact get old.
three, kill yourself you meta thread fuck. no one is stopping you from creating your idea of a perfect post.
>>
>>27735828
>go straight to page ten
You keep an eye on and bump the thread when discussion's not happening. Don't just sit there saying "bump" every 10 minutes, but post something related to the topic when it gets to page 9 or 10, and wait for others to come. That's how every thread that's not incredibly popular survives. It's how most generals make it, anyway.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.