[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think she just uses them as playthings considering how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12
Do you think she just uses them as playthings considering how powerful she is?
>>
>>27734100
This idea has already been explored. You should contribute something towards it instead of a silly prompt.
>>
>>27734100
>how powerful she is
It has been shown time and again that she's really not much more powerful than Twilight. She has lost to every villain in the show so far.
>>
File: 1458284367036.png (54 KB, 210x215) Image search: [Google]
1458284367036.png
54 KB, 210x215
>>27734146
The dim gluebag is utterly useless. Her younger sister luna is literally more fit to rule equestria. Queen luna when?
>>
>>27734134
>Asks legitimate question
>"Hurr, what a dumb prompt"
>>
>>27734157
When she grows up a bit. I don't mean to be mean and callous, but Luna has barely had any form of punishment, and should stick to raising the moon until another hundred or so years.

I like to think that she used to be a lot more powerful, but is still working to get back her rights to use them over time. What if the reason she's starting to go walking in dreams now is because she just recently had the permission to use that power? Maybe she can do more, but she needs to continue proving herself to her sister.

As for why they have guards? Because they're the servants as well, and give privacy. They're more of a secret service to keep you away from the princesses rather than protect their lives--though it IS a benefit. So basically they have an army (which they also control because of their position) that they CHOOSE to use as servants for whatever they want them too, protect them for anyone unwanted (like the paparazzi), and also watch the castle. Not only this, but I think they may also serve as monks, trying to learn from the wisdom of the princesses, but chose so in the guise of a warrior.

I also believe Alicorns are not immortal, rather they live for lengthy amounts of years, but ponies believe they re-incarnate, kind of like the monks and the Dalai Lama.

But what of Flurry Heart's birth as an alicorn? Who is she a reincarnation of?

No one. She's something new entirely, and that means that something in the status quo has changed, and needed to pump out an alicorn, and fast. She's going to have to do something important in her future.

This is just a theory of mine, though.

Any more questions? This is fun.
>>
>>27734146
Merely a ruse
>>
>>27734146
To be fair she only lost to Chrysalis because she was so pumoed full of Shining's magic semen.
>>
>>27734377
So I guess that makes Cadence the most powerful pony alive?
And also explains Twilight.
>>
File: gojistop_by_spaceg92-d9uls0x.jpg (30 KB, 255x320) Image search: [Google]
gojistop_by_spaceg92-d9uls0x.jpg
30 KB, 255x320
>>27734389
>Cadence is most powerful Princess
Son, I'ma stop ya right there.
>>
>>27734100
maybe, but you just gave me an idea

>You are a simple guardspony
>Your name is not important
>What's important is what you're going to do
>Today is the day you start your new job in the castle
>Patrolling Canterlot almost makes you wish for a different post, and you finally got one
>All you have to do is station yourself at Celestia's quarters during her down time, however scarce it is
>Sounds easy, simple, and the pay is a little bit better... quite literally
>Oh well, bits are still bits
>You won't question more money
>Now here you are, standing in front of a door while it's night outside
>Princess Celestia already made her way inside her room, so now all you have to do is stand there
>Nothing could possibly
>"Hey, kid."
"Huh?"
>The other guardspony interrupted your train of thought
>"This is your first day, so I'll make it a little bit easier on you."
"What do you mean?"
>He looks at the clock in the distance
>"Brace yourself."
"Wha-"
>Just then, the door opened up and some kind of water device sprayed its contents all over you and your armor
>"I warned you."
>As you try to wipe the water out of your eyes, you hear the strange sound of... laughter?
>After a few seconds, your vision clears up to see the stoic, regal, and graceful Princess Celestia... giggling like a filly while holding that infernal contraption in her magic
>*Princess laughter dying down* "Oh, I will never get tired of that."
>She turns around to face the other pony
>"How was your day, Stalwart Gaze?"
>The guard bows
>"Pleasant, Princess."
>"That's wonderful to hear. Keep up the good work."
>"Will do, Princess."
>And with that, Princess Celestia shuts the door after trotting back into her quarters
>You, however, are still wet where you stand
>And also speechless
>Perhaps this simple job is going to turn into a bizarre experience for you

continue?
>>
File: prince dewritos.jpg (40 KB, 400x377) Image search: [Google]
prince dewritos.jpg
40 KB, 400x377
>>27734100
Mom, c'mon.

Seriously.
>>
>>27734926
More when?
>>
>In the years since Luna's banishment Equestria's become much less politically volatile
>Celestial Guard gradually becomes more and more lax in their training and use until now they're little more than toy soldiers
>They're still in good shape, but know little of actual combat other than drills and marching
>Celestia Guard duty is actually a pretty swell job if you're fit enough for it
>Great pay, lots of benefits and the prestige of everypony thinking that you're much more important than you really are
>Basically all they do is play games and pranks on one another in between drills and get babied by Celestia

>Lunar Guard is slightly more, old fashioned, however
>Luna holds her Guard to the same standards she was used to a thousand years ago
>Rigorously trained batponies as a result
>Perpetually pissed off and envious towards Celestial Guards
>>
>>27734100
Powerful?
Nigga she gets her shit slapped by pretty much everything, after she lost the ablility to use the EoH she became pretty weak
>>
>>27734255
>What if the reason she's starting to go walking in dreams now is because she just recently had the permission to use that power?
Dream-walking doesn't strike me as the most threatening power. It's got a high utility and can be abused for political and economical power, sure, but it still seems much safer than some of her other powers. Twice now she's created living, independent entities from magic alone, Nightmare and Tantibus, both of which spiraled out of control and threatened all of Equestria.
If she didn't have permission to dreamwalk, why did she have permission to create living nightmares?
>>
>>27735347
I do not think enough people really want it. I will only write if more than just a few people want a story
>>
>>27734146
still waiting on you shit cucks to explain why, if this is true (and it is), celestia and luna finally usefull is checked on the bingo sheet? Last I saw they never ever solved a problem by themselves this season
>>
>>27736423
Raising the sun and moon not good enough?
>>
>>27735377
>War happens
>Celestial Guard damn near useless
>Lunar Guard saves the night
>A thousand years of smug Lunar Guards reminding the Celestial Guard of this at every opportunity.
>>
>>27734146
>>27735403
Considering that Journal of the Two Sisters established that raising the Sun and Moon not only originally took the combined efforts of a handful of unicorns and also permanently drained them of their magic, her powerlevel must be pretty high. It's just that most of that power gets used up doing those things leaving her about slightly more power than the average unicorn. Also we saw what the combined power of three alicorns could do when siphoned into Twilight Sparkle during her epic battle with Tirek who had absorbed the magic of every pony in Equestria plus Discord.
>>
>>27736740

FiM doesn't have a strict DBZ-style "powerlevel" or somesuch, things like specialization, training and especially talent are much, much more important. Twilight is one of the greatest magicians we know of, yet Shining Armor (who's definitely NOT a skilled magician) has a stronger shield-bubble spell than her. Similarly, Celestia's cutie mark is literally the sun, of course she's going to be good at raising it.
>>
>you will never give a Guard temporary relief in a quiet corner of the Castle Gardens
>you will never make him snort and scrape a hoof at your shoulder while his hips buck into your circled hand
>>
>>27737744
>hand

0/10
>>
>>27734146
And she's going to lose against Chrysalis AGAIN this season.
>>
File: 1450944354096.jpg (40 KB, 420x640) Image search: [Google]
1450944354096.jpg
40 KB, 420x640
>>27736848
Huh...So every unicorn has their own laser beam that looks unique to them, I just assumed the animators chose the color and shit randomly depending on lighting/mood of the scene
>>
File: 10934301827.png (332 KB, 698x509) Image search: [Google]
10934301827.png
332 KB, 698x509
Yeah, I'm pretty sure she does.
>>
File: disappoint.png (350 KB, 573x533) Image search: [Google]
disappoint.png
350 KB, 573x533
>>27737995
depends on the spell. the straight up thick lasers seem to simply be a blast spell, that last one that twilight is castnig on tirek is the same spell trixie uses on dash after she takes her amulet. she says it was supposed to make her writhe in agony, and tirek roared in pain when twilight did it.

of course last time i tried having a magic discussion thread, it died with 5 replies.
>>
>>27738066
Wait, does that mean torture magic is canon? Does Twilight know fucking torture magic?
Can said torture magic be used for sexual?
>>
>>27734100
powerful? she always gets her ass kicked by everyone, even that shitty bug who defeated her with the love of 1 pony, and fucking plants, and clouds and everything, she's like the bad luck bryan or the kenny of the series
>>
>>27738095
Blame the fucking writers
But also, how do you keep her out of action for the "big" events, if the protags need to save the day?
>>
>>27738121
she elects not to save them unless its really dire, or give bigger threats that she must take care of that the heros are too weak to.
>>
>>27738121
the writers? Fuck you , you are the cause of her being shit faghot
>>
>>27734146
Celestia IS powerful, however, she just deosn't want to show it. She clearly wants Twilight to succeed her.
>knew of Nightmare Moon's returning, left it up to Twilight and her friends
>she didn't come to help after Discord had beaten the Mane 6, and she again left it up to Twilight
>acted weak against Chrysalis so the Mane 6 could be shown as strong again
The only time she has proven to be actually strong was when she fought Nightmare Mon and banished her to the moon.
Also, this has led me to believe that the elements of Harmony aren't just physical objects, but rather souls. The physical objects are merely keys to unlocking their true potential. This would explain why Celestia has the ability to wield them and she hasn't used them because the new elements of harmony (mane 6) have arrived.
>>
>>27738439
I've thought about that before, the elements being souls. At first my head cannon was that they wrre extremely powerful alocorns who chose to seal their soul or 'essence' if you will, into crystals. Their essence would be able to exist long after their physical form decayed, but their essence don't have any real kinds of their own. The essence just works off of the basic motives of the alicorns that cast the spell, preserving harmony throughout the land. Yet without an actual mind to guide these powers left behind, they would seek out individuals who had similar qualities to the original casters.
I have played with this idea woth humans too, sort of our last gifted to this new world, too help protect it from the chaos that we created eons ago that still exist to this day.
>>
>>27738439
I like to think that she's just really lazy
>>
>>27735377
This has some good green potential
>>
File: lip bite.png (348 KB, 643x643) Image search: [Google]
lip bite.png
348 KB, 643x643
>>27738078
Anon, all magic can be used for sexual
>>
File: image.png (189 KB, 441x486) Image search: [Google]
image.png
189 KB, 441x486
>>27739218
Spexuall THRILL
>>
File: panderings.gif (3 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
panderings.gif
3 MB, 300x225
>>27738066

I don't think so, I think Twilight is hitting him with the regular "killer beam". This is what Trixie's "agony spell" looks like for reference.

Look closely when Twilight blasts Tirek, especially in the lower frame.
The beam is actually composed of 3 overlapping beams:
- In the background, barely visible, we have Twilight's own poorly focused purple beam.
- There's Luna's "lightning bolt style" beam, but with a more bluish, NMM-like hue.
- A thin, white, slightly yellow beam that is Celestia's.
>>
>>27738439

Leaving everything up to Twilight doesn't indicate strength of any kind. Wisdom, perhaps, but it just as well could indicate incompetence.
Your bit about Chrysalis is just plain wrong, as it was Cadance and Shining Armor who saved the day.

>The only time she has proven to be actually strong was when she fought Nightmare Mon and banished her to the moon.
That was the elements who did the banishment, the elements are strong, not necessarily Celestia.

>This would explain why Celestia has the ability to wield them
According to Word of God, she doesn't have that ability any more. The elements have a will of their own and choose their wielder (call it Harmony, Destiny, whatever).
>>
>>27734926
Can my name be Bebop?
>>
>>27741596
No your name will be pancake
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.