[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CYOA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: Aiktak_bay_landscape.jpg (375 KB, 3000x2044) Image search: [Google]
Aiktak_bay_landscape.jpg
375 KB, 3000x2044
>The sun wakes you up.
>You're sitting on a grassy shore in unfamiliar lands. You can feel the spray of the waves as they crash against the shore. The sun is shining, but clouds dot the sky in small clusters.
>Away from the shoreline, you see more grass going on for miles in the other directions. A small building can be seen towards the southeast.
>A heavily worn wooden raft is leaning on a boulder not far from the spot where you are sitting.
>Something shiny is poking out of the ground a few yards away.

You have:

A compass
Your wallet
A cheap pocketknife
A length of rope
A small key. You're not sure how you got it.
A note. You don't remember having that either.

3, 6, 9 or dubs+ decides our course of action.
>>
>>27717563
A few suggestions beforehand:
Don't do gets. Announce that you are running in /cyoag/

Now check shiny
>>
>>27717585
this and read the note
>>
Changing my vote from >>27717585 to read the note first
>>
>>27717626
i change mine to check wallet
>>
>>27717585
Agreed on "no get-based decisions".
And check the shiny something.
>>
D E A D
E
A
D
>>
yep me again, faggot bumping shitty threads about to 404
>>
>>27717563
>Makes quest
>Makes only gets do actions
>OP obviously abandoned it
OP, you're never gonna be a successful QM if you're going to run awa on the first mistake.
>>
>>27717563
>>
File: that magician.png (45 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
that magician.png
45 KB, 700x700
>>27717585
I do gets. I don't like /cyoag/.

>>27717626

>You stand up, taking a moment to stretch your limbs.
>Despite having laid on the ground for lord knows how long, you don't feel sore in the slightest.
>Walking over to the shiny object, you kneel down to inspect it.
>It's a smooth silver ring. A glimmering opal adorns the top, and the ring appears to give off a white glow.

>Intriguing. You kind of want to pick it up.

>You take out the note next, and unfold it to read the hastily scrawled message.
>"Random Flash Spell - Tear to use."
>You're a bit confused, to say the very least, and pocket the note for later.

>A small drop of rain falls on your face.

Same numbers. What should we do?

- - -

>>27718989
I ran a bunch of quests on /mlp/ about two years ago. Were they actually good? Hell if I know. But I have no trouble being a successful QM.
My electricity died. Why assume I'm 'running away on the first mistake'?

Anyways, sorry for not foreseeing this, but the weather is trash and I don't have a generator or anything.
>>
>>27720542
>I have no trouble being a successful QM
You mean had. Times have changed.

That shiny wasn't what I hopped to find. Rolling to check for dropped bits.
>>
>>27720542
Check Raft
>>
>>27720542
Please no gets. I'll play without gets.
>>
>>27720542
Not liking /cyoag/ is fine, if a bit silly. It's pretty much just a place to announce this type of thread and shitpost about them.

Using gets isn't fun. There's no choices, it's just random.

>dropped
>>
>>27720542
Well if you're a QM who knows how to handle get-based quests, that's fine with me. I had a lot of fun with those in the pre-/cyoa/ times maybe even one of yours, who knows..

Anyways, make a mental note to tear the note at the first pony you meet and sing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfmrHTdXgK4

Now check out the shiny thing.
>>
>>27720542

Pick up the ring and put it on.
>>
>>27717585
>>27717712
>>27720733
>Waah, you can't create CYOAs unless you follow the rules we have in /cyoag/
So what? We had gets in the beginning of /mlp/, and many of those CYOAs were really entertaining. Fuck todays CYOAs that has way too many rules, memes, and 2deep4u characters and stories.

>>27720871
This.
>>
>>27720928
It was suggestions, not rules. There's a difference here.
/cyoag/ has most of the people who play, so announcing there increases your playercount
Gets make the quest based on luck, one shit suggestion could ruin it all. Sometimes numbers never get rolled and people will drop
>>
File: A ring.png (8 KB, 149x140) Image search: [Google]
A ring.png
8 KB, 149x140
>>27720733
Sorry, but I always use gets.

If you don't like gets, know that there are many other quests here and on mlpg.co that do not use them, and you would probably enjoy them more.

>>27720645
I didn't realize that things had changed that much.

>>27720822
Yeah, I probably should announce the thread on there. Sorry that you don't like my quest. Please do have fun, wherever you go next.

>>27720846

>You make a quality mental note about your confusing physical note, and then return to the ring at your feet.
>It's still glowing, and it's still in the grass. You pick it up.
>It feels like it's on the edge of bursting with energy. A warmth flows through it into your palm and fingers. Wisps of light trail off of the ring, connecting with your skin and leaving a white luster on your flesh.
>It feels rather heavy for such a small and simple ring, but it's still comforting just to touch.
>A few more drops of rain fall. A flock of birds rush by overhead, flying north in a rather panicked and hectic fashion.

Same numbers decide our course of action.
>>
>>27720928
Just don't get upset, just let them leave. I think it'll be fun to have a get based quest again. I mean, when was the last serious attempt at one? Been quite a while, so let's just see how this turns out.

By the way, >>27720846 already is winrar
>>
>>27720953
Put the damn thing on already
>>
>>27720953

Go check out the raft.
>>
>>27720953
>Sorry, but I always use gets.
May I ask why?
>>
>>27720953
Look to where the birds flew from.
>>
>>27720998
We should also look around for something like a pointy stick.
>>
>>27720984
Yes, you may.

I like gets because of the random element. In most quests, the majority vote is what happens. But I want a little more adventure, with less obvious decisions and more support for the minority decisions.
The last thing I want to do is lead the players around and subtly point to what they should do to forward the story. I'm not saying that every non-get quest does that, but it is a lot easier to fall into those things without gets. Instead, I want them to be able to have the ability to change things drastically if a single one of them so chooses. As long as its not blatant shitposting, the winning number decides the action.

That probably makes no sense, but the point is, I've always done it this way, and I like it.
>>
>>27721088
>As long as its not blatant shitposting, the winning number decides the action.
Alright, if shitposting will be ignored, I am ok with the gets
>>
>>27720953
Put the ring in your pocket and take a quick look to the south to see if the birds were fleeing from something.
>>
>>27721088
>The last thing I want to do is lead the players around and subtly point to what they should do to forward the story
99% of all current quests in a nutshell

>>27721113
Yeah, quality control is important.
>>
rolling for these
>>27720974
>>27720998
>>27721030
>>
>>27721137
Also rolling for this.
>>
>>27721137
>>27721217
Also rolling for these two re-rolls. We're already pretty good at rolling 7s.
>>
File: que.png (10 KB, 294x278) Image search: [Google]
que.png
10 KB, 294x278
>>27721137
>>27721217
>>27721227
>>
>>27721276
Hello spicy player, why'd you save the picture so small?
>>
>>27721276

Roll : 16
>You put on the ring. A wave of cold energy rushes from your fingers to the rest of your body.
>The light breeze in the air turns into raging bursts of wind. Your clothing ripples, and the hairs on your skin stand up.
>The wind swirls around you, glowing with white light, before flowing into your chest as if sucked by a vacuum.

>You have a ring of wind attunement. The breeze will aid you when you travel, and soften your falls.
>Catching flying objects is easier, and you can concentrate and throw wind to the point where it can push away even large foes.
>The value of this ring is about one thousand bits.

Roll : 7
>You look towards the south, where the birds were flying from. The wind moves away particles in the air, allowing you to see a little better.
>Less than half a mile away, trudging slowly in your general direction, is a large turtle.
>And by large, I mean the size of a small mansion. Flames spout from its nostrils and mouth, and it has a long tail decorated with spikes and knob-like bone growths.
>Its shell is round and polished, with no visible pattern, unlike most turtle shells you've seen.
>At least it's moving slow.

Roll : 15
>The smart decision, you realize, is to find a sharp stick. You begin searching around, sifting around logs and twigs, looking for something useful.
>Finally finding a stick of decent length, you sharpen it to a point against a nearby rock.

>You see a small boat approaching the shore.

>>
>>27721332
That's a crop I took myself months ago, but I could have enlarged before doing so. Was lazy.
>>
>>27721434
Start into the general direction of the mansion after calling the stick "Mr. Stick guy".
>>
>>27721434
Flip the bird to the turtle.
>>
>>27721589
>mansion
I meant to say "turtle" of course..
>>
>>27721589

>You look down at your stick. The new one, that's actually long.
>Deciding it needs a name, you tap your chin for a few seconds. You finally settle on "Mr. Stick Guy".
>Ignoring the boat coming towards the shore, you turn south and begin walking towards the mansion-sized turtle that breathes fire and has spikes on its long tail.
>This is a good idea.

>The turtle is quite a bit closer now.
>As you're walking, you see a hole in the ground. A small, colorful something pops out.
>It has electric blue fur, with pale white mane and a tail. Its features are soft and feminine, except for a pointy horn on its head. Its eyes are green.
>"Hey! Hey, you! What are you doing?!"
>It waves its stubby appendages at you and yells for you to join it in the hole. Apparently it's dangerous otherwise.
>>
>>27721667
Beach holes are fun. Jump in and call it "Joshua B. Chole"
Then explain the obvious joke to the creature.
>>
>>27721688
>obvious joke
>have no idea what the joke is

Shit.

>You jump into the hole. Your fur-covered friend quickly shoots back down, making room for you.
"Hah! You're Joshua B. Chole!"
>The creature stares at you blankly, then shakes its head slowly. It presses a small button with its hoof. A trapdoor beneath you opens, letting you fall.
>You find yourself in a small underground home. And by small, I mean the size of a New York apartment bathroom.
>There's a tiny fireplace in one corner, and a bed right next to it. A teapot and two cups rest on an adorable pink table.
>There is a small ladder in the room, leading up to the exit. It's useless to you, being as tall as you are. It also appears to be engineered specifically for hoofed creatures.
>The electric blue creature taps your leg.
>"Hey, uh, guy? What in Celestia's name were you doing walking /towards/ a giant monster? Are you out of your mind?"

>A good, solid question. You aren't sure what the answer is.

Same numbers decides our course of action.
>>
>>27721755
>>have no idea what the joke is
>B. Chole
>Bee Chole
Beach hole
>>
>>27721755

Ask why the pony is so judgemental. You shouldn't judge a book by its cover.
>>
>>27721755

Clearly, we are a brave warrior, and we were going to destroy the monster. But since we're here now, let's talk to the pony and find out more about them. Monster slaying can wait until we remember we aren't actually monster slayers and that we probably nearly died.
>>
>>27721803
Oh. Okay. The Joshua threw me off. I tried googling the name, expecting some lame celebrity or something.

- - -
>>27721946

>You decide that you want to get to know this little pony.
"So, what's your name?"
>The pony blinks.
>"Oh. My name is Quick Beam. What about you?"
"Ahah, I'm Anon."
>"Alright, look 'Anon', I'm a researcher, and I'm investigating the wildlife on this island. Whether you're native here or not, you don't seem to have the slightest bit of self-preservation. That turtle would've absolutely destroyed you.
>"I've never seen anything like you before, and I'd honestly love to babysit you and ask you important scientific questions all day, but I can't do that with a fire-spitting turtle tromping all over the place.
>"So basically, you naked monkey thing, unless you can help fight giant turtles or fend off stone golems, you're gonna stay here in this shelter and not get yourself killed.
>"Now, I'm gonna go back out, because I have actual work to do. If you're still here when I get back, then you can come to Equestria with me. If you absolutely have to leave this shelter, then you'd better be good at dodging. Are we clear?"
>The blue pony has gotten really worked up. She talks an awful lot, too. You think you need to make better, less dramatic friends.

Same numbers decide our response.
>>
>>27722015
Wait, stone golems are a thing around here? We totally need a pet golem. Right after the not getting killed thing.
Ask the pony what she likes to do on weekends. Watching giant turtle monsters as well? Then ask what day it is. Then ask if that day is considered weekend around here.
>>
>>27722129

>You ask the pony what she likes to do on weekends.
>"Well, I usually have a lot of work to do all the time, so weekends don't really give me time off..."
"Do you like watching giant turtle monsters?"
>"Well, first of all, I'm not watching the giant turtle. I'm taking notes and observing it. Also, It's kind of in my way at the moment, and it isn't giving me any more valuable information.
>"So no. I don't like watching giant turtles. What do these questions have to do with anything? I don't have all day."
"What day is it?"
>The pony gives you a blank look, then turns around and trots to the ladder.
>"It's tuesday."
"Would that be considered the weekend in these parts?"
>The pony climbs up and out, leaving the underground shelter and ignoring your final question.
>She seems to know what she's doing, so she'll probably be fine.
>You guess you could go out after her, or leave in another direction. Then again, it is really cozy in this underground house.

>>
>>27722313
Ask her if she has anything to eat. We're new in these parts and don't have anything. If not, ask if there is anything edible and small enough to be speared with Mr. Stick Guy.
>>
>>27722345
And also compliment her hole building ability.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.