[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How could things possibly turn out this way?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: Warbowdash.jpg (104 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Warbowdash.jpg
104 KB, 1366x768
How could things possibly turn out this way?
>>
The outlawing of boops caused the initial divide.
It escalated from there.
>>
communism.
>>
File: large.png (640 KB, 1024x888) Image search: [Google]
large.png
640 KB, 1024x888
>>27660771
Celestia decided to be a retard and Tell Twilight "hey, This is a test! An entire empire depends on it, but fuck it, TEST TIME! Go find the crystal heart and defeat sombra.
Luna, fuck off, you're staying at home, we're going to risk the fate of the entire world on this shit"

And then twilight failed. The end. War happens.
>>
>>27660790
Was it the ponies who loved boops vs. the jealous ponies who never got boops?
>>
>>27660825
The high class ponies got more boops, while poorer village folk worked really hard to earn just one boop per year.
>>
>>27660771
Flurry Heart does something stupid and revives Sombra
>>
Because war never changes.

But mares do, through the roads they walk.
>>
>>27660850
>only 1 boop per year
How do they even live like that?
>>
>>27660850
Did Anon not want to boop the poor ponies? Or did the rich hide the poor's boop needs from him?
>>
>>27660771
It started with... a warning... to the ponies; the good and... the evil...
>>
>>27660771
The chance that this happens is really low anyway
since it means that Dash didn't do the rainboom that triggered their cutiemarks, so Twilight was never a student of Celestia and unless through some obscure random way the Ponyville gathering of Elements of Harmony never happened, yet NMM was still somehow defeated. Discord was possibly never triggered since the CMC aren't complete and didn't argue in front of him, but Chrysalis when she gets exposed succeeds in her attack since there's no EoH and Celestia gets beaten by her.
So you have no Cadance and no defense of the Crystal Empire, so the war would be on Equestrian soil against changelings. Only if somehow through guerilla warfare and local resistance they drew away the shape shifters and reinstated Celestia and Luna would this scenario be possible.

I want an autistically long fic on this, goddammit.
>>
>>27661293
It's really weird how there seems to be only one "winner" of every timeline that isn't the main one. Like in the Discord timeline, Luna was there as Luna instead of as NMM, so she must have been defeated by something other than the EoH. I thought about maybe Discord just turned her back by snapping his finger or something so she wouldn't be as much of a threat to him, but then wouldn't he have just done the same thing in the NMM timeline, thus making the NMM timeline unable to exist at all?

But we have to remember that destiny exists in the MLP universe, and that probably plays a role in this mess. Maybe destiny has some kind of rule that only one of these villains (or two in the case of Flim and Flam) can be victorious in any given timeline?
>>
>>27661597
Nah, its just shit writing.

Instead of trying to do a coherent "The rainboom never happened and this is what happened" plotline like fans had been hoping for, Haber just basically said "SHIT HAPPENS. GO WITH IT" in order to do a starlight villain sue story.
there is absolutely no logical path for things in this episode, just "bad shit happens".
>>
>>27661597
Discord could still be in stone in the NMM timeline. The curse was indefinite and he only escaped because the CMC argued in front of him, iirc.
And I guess with multiverses and shit anything's possible, so they just luckily hit all the various interesting ones instead of the hundreds of NMM's reign.
>>
>>27661293
>>27661597
>>27661630
>>27661649
This is why I prefer if they had just one alternate timeline where the elements are never rediscovered and all the villains battling each other for control
>>
>>27661649
>Discord could still be in stone in the NMM timeline
I doubt it. I think if three little girls fighting is enough to break Discord's statue, then the chaos brought on by eternal night would be far more than enough. If anything, I imagine Discord would have broken out of the stone earlier in the NMM timeline, which could be enough to account for the differences between it and the Discord timeline.
>>
The mane six were never linked as friends, but they did end up turning up together in ponyville with twilight when Nightmare moon escaped.

The mane six are not able to work together well, but twilight manages to steal the elements of harmony and escape from Nightmare moon's palace when they find them, as the others are busy trying to physically fight Luna.

Twilight takes the Elements to celestia, who is able to banish her sister with them, though she cannot purify luna.
Discord never escapes because the CMC don't argue in front of him.

Chrysalis is then Found out and defeated normally in the timeline because she wasn't that good at hiding honestly, and Celestia might be more paranoid now.

The Crystal empire returns, but cadence is not around, and neither is luna, and celestia cannot defeat sombra on her own, and for some reason the EOH don't respond to her anymore due to her not making up with luna and the EOH rejecting her.

Cue the war
>>
>>27661691
>>27661680
Oh yeah, a battle between evils would be nice to see. Especially Discord vs NMM since Sombra's army is boring. And maybe NMM would be a fairer match to Chrysalis.

Basically what I'm saying is it's 2011 and all hail New Lunar Empire
>>
>>27661705
Going to be honest, I'd love it if the guardians of harmony toyline got its own series and dealt with all the "deleted" timelines from the S5 finale being merged together when they were removed from existence at the end of the episode.

basically have all the villains have their own kingdoms, with the most interesting versions of each characters (Maid rarity and Commander dash for example) existing while the others are deleted.
>>
>>27661702
There's a few things, though. Considering that the mane 6 are the same personality and same cutiemark, they should still somewhat click on their way through the forest. But even if not, shouldn't Celestia's use of the elements still purify Luna, since you can't really control what they do?
Could she even use the elements now that there are the pony manifestations of them?

There's plenty of lore that's unanswered to really make a solid prediction.
>>
>>27661783
Not that anon, but I think that all depends on other things.

>shouldn't Celestia's use of the elements still purify Luna, since you can't really control what they do?
I think maybe Celestia was only able to banish NMM originally because Luna was supposed to be wielding half of them, and without her, it's possible that they weren't at full power.

>Could she even use the elements now that there are the pony manifestations of them?
Depends on if the mane 6 were born as manifestations of the elements or if they were "chosen" when the sonic rainboom happened and they got their cutie marks. That is, as far as we currently know, when their destinies first became intertwined, after all.

>>27661630
I know this and understand this. The most likely case is that nothing about any of these timelines or destiny or anything of the sort will ever be explained in the show, and even with the very small chance that something is explained, that lore will be contradicted within the following year. However, I have nothing better to do with my life than over analyze, and I think it's fun to do so.
>>
>>27661783
Well, celestia wasn't able to use the elements before, and she does say in the S2 premier that the mane six were able to use the elements to their "full" potential.
So its possible that celestia is actually kind of shitty at using the EOH, even with luna with her, and that the mane six are better at wielding the EOH than they ever were.
So that would explain why Luna wouldn't be purified by celestia using them on her, it might go down just like 1000 years ago.

Kind of sad that elements are gone for good now so we'll probably never get more lore from them.
>>
>>27660771
Jews.
>>
>>27661897
Yes I think after like ten posts of theory crafting this is the best answer of them all.

>>27661884
I never really thought that they weren't linked before the rainboom. I always assumed that a cutie mark is predestined and it's only a matter of time until you get it. But perhaps the elements aren't really linked, maybe if another ragtag group of six pony friends with a skilled magician in charge got to that castle and met some basic personality trait requirements, the elements would just transform into different necklaces.

Not buying that Luna was supposed to wield a half, since Dash was only one sixth and even though Spike is kinda loyal, the elements didn't even do a spark against Discord.

Oh and there were only five stones, so Celestia had to be the element of magic back then, hadn't she?
>>
File: large.png (786 KB, 902x1024) Image search: [Google]
large.png
786 KB, 902x1024
>>27661979
well, twilight was the only one "destined" to wield the EOH though: only the element of magic was her cutie mark. the others elements were non-descript gems, so the other 5's cutie marks didn't corrospond to them.
Basically, its not that the Mane six (beside twilight of course) had their cutie marks meaning the EOH, but rather than the EOH themselves changed to their cutie marks when they grabbed them.

As for which elements the sisters wielded, we have an image for that anyways (celestia was the magic element)
>>
>>27661893
>Kind of sad that elements are gone for good now so we'll probably never get more lore from them.
I don't expect the show writers do anything with the Elements themselves, but I hope they explore the things surrounding them. For example, who planted the Tree of Harmony? To what degree are the mane 6 "the spirits of" the Elements? Is Twilight's castle still magically connected to the Tree of Harmony in some way?

>>27661979
>I always assumed that a cutie mark is predestined
There is a lot that suggests the mane 6 were predestined to be together that just kinda slipped my mind. Twilight's CM is 5 white stars, representing her 5 friends, surrounding a purple-and-white starburst, representing herself and magic. Also, Rainbow Dash's mane and tail, as well as the rainbooms she makes, have exactly six colors and each one matches the coat color of one of the mane 6 almost exactly.

>even though Spike is kinda loyal, the elements didn't even do a spark against Discord.
We can't know if it was Spike that was the problem or if it was the fact that four of them weren't themselves at the time. Besides that matter, it's possible that Celestia could wield all six Elements together despite not being the official bearer to half of them because she was connected to them by being the bearer of the other half. Spike, on the other hand, had no connection the Elements.
>>
and how the hell did sunset shitter use the elements if she wasn't bonded to them and if there was only one of them
>>
>>27662140
Sunset asked Twilight if she had any idea what the Elements do in other worlds, and that was never explained and probably never will be, so we'll probably never know.
>>
>>27662013
I never noticed that. I forgot that the gems weren't always shaped like their cutie marks.

That's pretty interesting.
>>
>>27662246
I would have preferred it if they kept Twilight's EOH a normal gem shape like the others instead of retconning twilights to always have been her cutie mark.
Makes her even more of a mary sue that her cutie mark is on the tree of harmony.
>>
>>27662140

Perhaps anypony/one is allowed to "use them" but only those with a heart of gold can use them correctly? As seen by Sunny being transformed and remorseful afterward.
>>
>>27662013
>luna
>laughter, honesty, loyalty
>betrayed her sister and didnt know what fun was
they didnt think this through. they could probably switch loyalty and laughter for magic and generosity.
i cant imagine celestia being very generous if her sister felt like her whole life was in celestias shadow, and celestia has had a sense of humor thus far.
>>
>>27662298
Luna was the one who thought up making their old castle filled with tons of fun slides and secret passages.

Apparently she USED to be bundles of fun in the past. She's just a bitch now.
>>
>>27662298
That was before Luna turned NMM. Possibly long before.

>>27660771
Twilight somehow beats back NMM. CMC never get together to release Discord because Pinkie Pie isn't around to throw Diamond Tiara's Cutecanera. Chrysalis can't replace Cadence before the wedding because Twilight never left for Ponyville. Twilight uses her one-time time spell to mulligan Tirek's escape. Flim Flam brothers never get a chance to take the Apple Farm because Pinkie Pie doesn't hog all the cider, so the townspeople don't get fed up with the Apple Family's obsession with quality.
>>
>>27662400
>Flim Flam brothers never get a chance to take the Apple Farm because Pinkie Pie doesn't hog all the cider, so the townspeople don't get fed up with the Apple Family's obsession with quality.
alternatively, AJ and her family aren't inbred retard rednecks who bet their entire farm instead of making a mutually beneficial business deal for automization.
Their farm WAS mechanically automized in the war timeline after all.
>>
The question is, how did any of the outcomes OTHER than the Nightmare Moon one happen?

Shouldn't that one override all the others because it happened first? Who stopped her in the other timelines?
>>
>>27662426
Haber can't write for shit. This isn't surprising.
>>
>>27662412
Or maybe Flim and Flam did take the farm, which is why the farm is mechanized and why the Apple family is on the factory line. They ended up working for the Flim Flams.
>>
File: the end.jpg (412 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
the end.jpg
412 KB, 1360x768
>>27660771
I've been wondering why it got worse as it went on, until there was eventually nothing left of the world. I mean, it's not like Starlight started killing anyone, she just did something different each time.

So how and why did it become pic related?
>>
I found the fact that Rainbow Dash lost a wing to war surprisingly dark for a children's show.
>>
Discovery Family: where war leads to amputations and cybernetic replacements.
>>
In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war...
>>
>>27660771
THIS IS WAR, AND IT'S ON TONIGHT, SO GET UP AND FIGHT, GET UP AND FIGHT!
YOU'VE HAD ALL YOUR LIFE TO RUN AND HIDE, NOW STEP UP, NOW STEP UP, LET'S DO THIS.
>>
File: A-Queer-Chick1.jpg (7 KB, 375x281) Image search: [Google]
A-Queer-Chick1.jpg
7 KB, 375x281
>>27663651
And bitchin' scars.

Chicks dig scars.
>>
>>27663642
We all did, anon. We all did.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.