[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
And now everyone will go back to hating Rarity cause Mike Vogel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 15
File: mlfw8639-1350158701888.jpg (86 KB, 1000x621) Image search: [Google]
mlfw8639-1350158701888.jpg
86 KB, 1000x621
And now everyone will go back to hating Rarity cause Mike Vogel can't write her for shit.
Thanks Mike.
>>
>>27621446

She was written perfectly and completely in character, rarity has allways been a shill for celebrity opinions.
>>
>>27621446
She is a fine horse
>>
>>27621446
....Didn't we have her go against conforming to a standard in order to let her own creativity/uniqueness shine through in that Canterlot Boutique deal with Sassy Saddles?
>>
not sure how to feel about this ep

but in that aspect of rarity, >>27621482 is right, you know
>>
>>27621446
You have to remember that characters have to have flaws for them to be interesting.

Rarity was becoming kind of too perfect.
>>
>>27621520
She was literally the only antagonist for the whole episode.
I've seen a lot of "Save this restaurant" shows, and Rarity just completely did the opposite of what Ponka Poe and the owners wanted.
Plinka Pone saved it. She saved it all.
>>
>>27621446
>father only cares about getting hoof rating for customers
>Rarity tries to help him accomplish that
I don't see what was wrong
>>
>>27621482
you are not watched Canterlot Boutique right?
>>
>>27621550
Undoing 6 seasons of character development just to make the episode work isn't a flaw, it's bad writing. Rarity is all about being unique.
>>
>>27621572
pinkie wasn't right either, i can't believe how many people missed it.
Just being unique and staying true to their own food isn't enough, you NEED to catch the eye of the people with something they know, which is rarity.

Heck, technically pinkie would have been pointless in this episode, since if they had realized it from the beginning, only rarity would have been needed to bring customers and pinkie would have done nothing
>>
>>27621639
I think twilight would've been a better fit. First of all we'd have an ep with twi and ponk as main character which would be cool, second it makes more sense for twilight to follow a by-the-book approach when it comes to making a restaurant "better" because that's how she would've learned of it.
>>
>>27621655
Hey Rarity Autist- the daughter and father would have completely fallen out if they had went with Rarity's way. A family would have been destroyed.
>>
>>27621446
She was fine today.
>>
>>27621639
Rarity is about upper class things.
She just don't understand this kind of things.

It's kind of like if we asked her to make a barn look good or something.
She will transform it to a fucking palace and miss the point completely.
>>
>>27621699
Are you retarded?
Here, let me show you how much of an idiot you are by quoting myself
>pinkie wasn't right either
>either
not everyone is a waifu-fag like you, so stop sticking your dick in a pinkie-plush and think for a second
>>
>>27621723

>>27621655
>only rarity would have been needed to bring customers and pinkie would have done nothing

How about you just hurry up and kill yourself, retard.
>>
>>27621704
Dude, Canterlot Boutique was all about how doing the same thing as everyone else is bad. She SHOULD understand this very well. Had this episode been in an earlier season, I might've agreed, but this was a total setback.
>>
>>27621572
>Pinkie saved it
>Only succeeded because people gave a shit about the restaurant.

Please tell me how Pinkie could have saved the restaurant if it wasn't for Rarity. I saw her failing hard to attract anyone.
>>
>>27621739
You know he meant if they kept the restaurant the same right? Since pinkie kept the restaurant the same way it had been before. He's saying if rarara showed up and just attracted customers it would be all over and done with making any contribution pinkie made kinda irrelevant, it's a hypothetical situation you illiterate.
>>
>>27621765
But this was about an area she didn't understand.

Canterlot Boutique was about making the same thing over and over and watering down your brand, but for culinary arts making the same thing over and over can be seen as a very good thing.
>>
File: raraponk.png (274 KB, 999x800) Image search: [Google]
raraponk.png
274 KB, 999x800
Pinkie and Rarity are the two best characters in the show. Stop fighting you ignorant stooges

Also, yer dumb OP she wasn't out of character and anyone who hates Rarity is a dumb cunt m8 and will continue to be a dumb cunt m8 fuckin nonces m8
>>
>>27621783
Yeah, but making your OWN thing over and over.
>>
>>27621765
>Canterlot Boutique was all about how doing the same thing as everyone else is bad
that wasn't it, it was still her own design
>>
>>27621739
If Pinkie was there on her own, the restaurant would have flopped. I'm not sure what episode you watched but the restaurant would be closed if Rarity wasn't able to bring in customers.
>>
Instead of Rarity using her influence to market the restaurance like she did at the end they had to create a conflict to make it 22 minutes, so she decided to go against her morals and remake the restaurant in a very impressive speed to conform to the standards that she herself does not like
And Pinkie was virtually useless because she attracted fuck all and didn't bring any fresh idea to the restaurant anyway
>>
>>27621765
Fashion =/= cooking, Rarity knows fashion but she isn't a chef, the episode pointed that out even

Besides, remember back in the day when Rarity was sperging over breakfast plating?
>>
>>27621808
She was trying to impress someone, she doesn't know this field, but was trying to do her best anyway.

She basically wasn't valuing her own opinion because she wasn't a cook.
>>
>>27621819
Pinkie is the only reason Rarity went into the restaurant....and the only reason Rarity tried the food, learning that it was good

Without Pinkie the episode literally couldn't have happened
>>
>>27621824
>the episode pointed that out even
the difference was in regards to what taste/look good, not how business works

also rarity was proven right in the end that the business AND the food they served was good, it just needed a little push
>>
>>27621819
>Pinkie Pie was virtually useless.

This, they were both fucking up. Rarity was potentially "saving" the restaurant but going against her morals and Pinkie was sticking by them at the cost of the restaurant failing.

Neither pony would have succeeded as both outcomes is Pajeet and daughter not being happy.
>>
>>27621655
But aren't things better when they're a...Rarity?
>>
>>27621824
I don't, actually. Which episode?
>>
>>27621851
Sisterhooves Social
>>
File: 1175230.png (138 KB, 956x1024) Image search: [Google]
1175230.png
138 KB, 956x1024
>>27621446
And now you know how Applefags felt like after Applejack's "Day" Off aired.
>>
>>27621869
True.
>>
>>27621446
>everyone will go back to hating Rarity

Go back? I always hated her. If anything, this episode solidifies my hatred for her.

Good job, Rarity. You're a sellout.
>>
>>27621838
That's really stretching it. The writers could've made a hundred different ways of Rarity finding the restaurant, overhearing an argument, meeting one of the Pajeets. Pinkie didn't contribute to solving the problem.

>>27621869
My sincere condolences.
>>
>>27621868
Ok, but what does that have to do with this episode?
>>
>>27621893
You asked for the episode regarding breakfast plating. I knew what it was because I watch the show. Doesn't mean I'm the same anon newfriend
>>
>>27621886
And Pinkie Pie would have made Pajeet homeless. I'm really not sure why Rarity is exclusively getting the hate just because she had the less pretty side to defend.
>>
>>27621446
>>27621869
>>27621879
Now you both know how Twifags felt after No Second Prances.

Season 6: "Everypony is out of Character" Edition
>>
>>27621446
nice meme
>>
>>27621869

I think that's how Applefags feel all the time, I like AJ but she's kind of the perptual least popular character.

Rarifags have been on a high the last few years, she'd gone from polling only barely above AJ to polling top 3 on practically every major pony board including this one, so this is devistating to them.
>>
>>27621916

Twilight was fine in that episode, she's not flawless and she's allowed to hold grudges. Honestly I vastly prefer that kind of flawed Twilight to the GRAND MASTER OF FRIENDSHIP she was too often in S4 and to a lesser extent 5.
>>
>>27621845
>also rarity was proven right in the end that the business AND the food they served was good
Rarity wanted them to change their menu....if she had her way nobody in the end would have tasted their actual food

>it just needed a little push
Dagi?

>>27621891
>That's really stretching it. The writers could've made a hundred different ways of Rarity finding the restaurant, overhearing an argument, meeting one of the Pajeets.
Without Pinkie Pie she never would have stepped foot in a non rated restaurant, the episode pointed that out

Pinkie Pie made her, once she was in the restaurant she didn't even ORDER anything, so don't say "oh well she would have been open minded", it literally took Pinkie Pie hoof feeding ger
>>
>>27621907
Right, but I'm asking him.
>>
File: suqd3h3.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
suqd3h3.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>27621446
>implying I ever liked her in the first place
>>
>>27621968
>cutting out the part of that post where anon said "Pinkie didn't contribute to solving the problem."

What a coincidence. Could it be that you can't counter that?
>>
>>27621968
and if Pinkie Pie stuck to her ways without the help of Rarity the restaurant would have gone under. It's almost like the friendship episodes rely on the cooperation of both Mane 6.

Either side could argue endlessly the (Really obvious) point made by the episode is that Rarity and Pinkie Pie both needed to agree on one plan.
>>
>>27621916
Twilight was not so bad in the episode (remember that Trixie initially befriend Starlight only to piss Twilight).

"What Abou Discord" instead was really worse.
>>
>>27621781
Pinkie wanted to show off the restaurant for what it was.
Rarity wanted to be a conformist slut.

The only thing Rarity did right was be a billboard. That's it. Pinkie encouraged the owners to do what they've done all along.
>>
>>27621968
Nah, you don't understand. If Rarity was send alone for a friendship problem, all it would take is to just hear the two argue, she would realize that this is probably why she is even there and help them market the restaurant. Even in the original scenario it could've been anyone instead of Pinkie. Any hungry friend would do. Any acquaintance. Like she's walking around looking for a friendship problems and <fashion pony x> is just worryingly leaving the restaurant because she wasn't served since they were arguing.

Pinkie did play a role in finding the restaurant, but she could've been easily replaced. Pinkie didn't contribute to solving the problem, and thus was not needed.
>>
>>27621639
Oh fuck off Rarityfag. I bet you want Fluttershy to be Iron Will as well.
>>
>>27621997
Well, she kind of did in that she insisted that they maintain their menu the entire time

But in any case, what the fuck does it matter? Even if Rarity single handedly solved the problem, the problem never would have been FOUND if not for PINKIE PIE in the first place because Rarity would never step hoof in such an establishment by herself.....it's almost like you're thick in the skull or something and don't get the point of these "team up" episodes

>>27622020
Yeah, for real
>>
>>27621916
Not Spike, Pinkie, Fluttershy
>>
>>27622021
>(remember that Trixie initially befriend Starlight only to piss Twilight).
Uh, no she didn't? She did so because they held some common ground. Trixie just got caught up in the heat of the moment of their argument and claimed a personal "victory" over Twilight getting upset at Starlight, but legitimately liked her as a friend beyond Twilight's relationship with Starlight.
>>
>>27622055
>Nah, you don't understand. If Rarity was send alone for a friendship problem, all it would take is to just hear the two argue, she would realize that this is probably why she is even there and help them market the restaurant.

Did you watch the fucking episode? Rarity wanted to leave immediately when she heard them argue....SHE SAID SHE DIDN'T THINK IT WAS THE PROBLEM THEY NEEDED TO SOLVE

>Even in the original scenario it could've been anyone instead of Pinkie. Any hungry friend would do.
No it couldn't have, because sniffing out good food like a dog is a trait that only belongs to Pinkie Pie, so is eating "strange" food
>>
>>27621482
This

Her obsession with "high culture" fit perfectly here. She let her own pretentiousness get in the way of what she actually enjoyed.
>>
>>27621446
i disliked her since S1E1. nothing has changed since then
>>
>>27621943
Good, kicking them off their high horse is great.
>>
>>27621943
I dont see how this is a big deal, beyond her usually being for uniqueness and creativity.
Both she and Pinkie were wrong and needed to re-evaluate their efforts to create a proper solution, and even if this didnt look so good on Rarity's part, its not like she doesn't have a bunch of other strong episodes to fall back on.
>>
>>27622104

Yeah I really want an episode where Rarity kind of realizes that the image she tries to project really ISN'T who she is, she never seems to actually be truly HAPPY in the episodes where she's in Canterlot, more frustrated with how everyone else acts.
>>
>>27621446

I don't think it'll be that bad, Rarity was kind of handed the idiot ball and her being a conformist was super weird but she was clearly obviously still totally well meaning and nice and genuinely concerned and wanting to help. It wasn't something legit douchey like Dash going "lol im gonna blow up this weather factory because MY PET IS GONNA HIBERNATE"
>>
>>27621915
the fact is that one's failure was completely in character while the other one wasn't
>>
>>27622100
She didn't want to be impolite and sit there to listen to them arguing, but she was also the one who got the idea how to help them, by bringing in Zesty. She wouldn't even start walking away when they mentioned Zesty for her to get the idea. Calm your autistic rage, you faggot.
And smelling Indian cuisine is not a Pinkie only trait. All ponies can smell. Just have them walk a bit closer if necessary.
You're still dodging the fact that Pinkie did not contribute to solving the problem, and you can write the premise in a hundred different ways to get Rarity solo or with someone else to the friendship problem. Pinkie wasn't necessary.
>>
>>27622105
bad for you. she has the major development in the show
>>
>>27622227

Yeah it's weird, Rarity basically both causes the big problem, AND Fixes it at the end.

All Pinkie really does is be right about not changing things too much. She was right but doesn't really get to act on it much.
>>
>>27622227
>And smelling Indian cuisine is not a Pinkie only trait. All ponies can smell. Just have them walk a bit closer if necessary.

First of all, none of the other characters would want to eat there or seek out a strange restaurant to eat at

Secondly, if you .....yeah, change the entire episode, and have them just walk past it...here's what would fucking happen with each of the other mane 6 who do not particularly have a passion for food like Pinkie does

>Oh darling...we cant eat here (or whatever she said)
>RD: Yeah, whatevs
>FS: Oh....ok then
>TS: Well, where else would you like to try?
>AJ:.....
I don't need to explain this one
>>
Rarity was total shit in this episode and seemed to forget literally EVERYTHING she stood for. Like it wasn't even that long ago she was willing to close down her own shop if it wasn't unique.

Like, do ANYTHING but hand Rarity the idiot ball to make the plot work. Fuck's sake.
>>
>>27622065
Are you retarded?
Her name is literally Rarity - as in, something unique.
>>
>>27622268
Spike is a big eater too.
>>
>>27622315
Doesn't mean she's unique in every fucking thing.
>>
File: 545943.gif (68 KB, 451x376) Image search: [Google]
545943.gif
68 KB, 451x376
>>27622236
Agreed, and that's why I didn't like the episode. There's no reason for her to do what she has done according to her beliefs and experience. There's also no reason for all the ponies to go to the Restaurant Row for food they don't like, all the time, blindly like sheep. Visit once, realize it sucks, go elsewhere. I'd understand if it was some actually high class ponies trying to play pretend but those were ordinary folk from Canterlot, Rarity's customers. The episode worked on horses being dumb, Rarity being stupid at first, then doing the right thing, voilá.

>>27622268
You're still dodging the fact that Pinkie did not contribute to solving the problem, and you can write the premise in a hundred different ways to get Rarity solo or with someone else to the friendship problem. Pinkie wasn't necessary.

>none of the characters would want to eat there
dangerous headcanon detected, <citation needed>

>Dash
>Fuck you I'm hungry now and I'm not trying out 2000 other restaurants, we're going in here because I said so

>There's too much ponies, literally anyone
>Oh I've heard about Pajeet cuisine, it's supposed to be really good and full of interesting spices, trust me on this one Rarity you snobbish cunt

boom

>if you change the entire episode
It's affecting like two minutes of the episode after the intro, once they're in it's literally the same you autistic sperg

Get it through your thick fucking skull.
>>
>>27622303
Rarity is unique, that doesn't mean she isn't also at times an elitist (which she can be) and a conformist (which she can be)

Pinkie Pie's thing is being fun...yet somehow she has episodes where she's sad or angry, wowzers it's almost like characters can have more than one dimention
>>
Honestly this whole thing would've worked better if Rarity didn't so obviously dislike the food from the other restaurants. If she had been shown to at least appreciate the food from an artistic standpoint, it would've created a believable conflict: she doesn't see what's so bad about the other restaurants, so she tries to turn this one into what works. But if she herself doesn't like the food, it doesn't make sense. People say she doesn't trust her own opinion, but c'mon, you can trust your own damn tastebuds, can't you?
>>
>>27622349

Rarity is a weird kind of elitist in that she more idolizes the idea of it all, seemingly everytime she actually EXPERIENCES Canterlot High Society she has lots of issues with it.
>>
>>27622344
You're dodging the fact that Pinkie Pie is the only reason they ended up there, only reason they went in after Rarity refused, and only reason Rarity tried their food after not ordering anything to eat

You're literally rewriting the episode, I can do that too

RARITY WAS POINTLESS, IT ALL COULD HAVE BEEN SOLVED IF JUST TWILIGHT WENT THERE WITH PINKIE PIE....TWILIGHT IS OPEN MINDED, SHE WOULD NOT HAVE REFUSED LIKE RARITY DID AND WE WOULD SAVE TIME, FURTHERMORE TWILIGHT COULD HAVE USED HER MAGIC TO LEVITATE FOOD SAMPLES OUT TO PEOPLE ON THE STREET

You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>27622344
Write the story outline with Spike instead of Pinkie.
>>
>>27622344
>Agreed, and that's why I didn't like the episode. There's no reason for her to do what she has done according to her beliefs and experience. There's also no reason for all the ponies to go to the Restaurant Row for food they don't like, all the time, blindly like sheep. Visit once, realize it sucks, go elsewhere. I'd understand if it was some actually high class ponies trying to play pretend but those were ordinary folk from Canterlot

Wow, it's almost like you don't live in the real world. First of all Canterlot is an upper class place, there are no "ordinary" ponies there...secondly, you're pretending that people don't pretend to like stupid trendy shitty food ALL THE TIME because they consider it upscale. It's almost as if SOME PEOPLE are more concerned with IMAGE and STATUS than they are with being honest!

WHAT A FUCKING CONCEPT.
>>
>>27622453
>It's almost as if SOME PEOPLE are more concerned with IMAGE and STATUS than they are with being honest!

/mu/ in a nutshell
>>
File: 1443888750104.jpg (157 KB, 640x740) Image search: [Google]
1443888750104.jpg
157 KB, 640x740
>>27622382
Yes, because I am trying to show you that Pinkie was not necessary, because she didn't help with solving the problem. The conflict of the episode was driven by Rarity alone, Pinkie didn't contribute to it. First Rarity escalated the friendship problem by being stupid, then she solved the friendship problem by being reasonable. Pinkie's biggest contribution was being a waitress.
The episode spins around the friendship problem, the conflict. That is set in stone and the process of resolving it stays the same. By replacing Rarity, that process changes, as you showed yourself. By replacing Pinkie, it stays the same. Pinkie's only purpose was delivering Rarity to the restaurant, and these two minutes of travelling could've been done by anybody else, or nobody but Rarity at all.

>>27622453
>no ordinary ponies in Canterlot
but that's wrong. Also stop writing like a total retard, please. That's bothering me more than your opinions. And as I said, circlejerking about Restaurant Row is for high class ponies. The rest should not give a fuck. And if you're doing an analogy to humans, where are the hipsters circlejerking foreign cuisine with cozy atmosphere?

>>27622419
Cold open stays the same, map drags on Spike and Rarity to Canterlot.
They travel around, get hungry. Rarity goes to Restaurant Row, eats food, Spike is dissatisfied because like the bastard he is he wants to eat gems. They go around the Pajeet Pub and Spike being intrigued by the unknown cuisine pushes Rarity to go inside and check the menu if they aren't offering any gems because all the Michelin star restaurants have fuck all. They get inside, see no gems, want to leave, argument starts. Spike being the enthusiastic shit for finally being useful tells Rarity that this could be it, the problem they're looking for. Rarity hears about Zesty, agrees. Episode goes on the same. Sprinkle with hints on sparity shipping to trigger autists.
Took me five minutes, no Pinkie, episode still works.
>>
>>27622543
>and these two minutes of travelling could've been done by anybody else, or nobody but Rarity at all.
No they couldn't have. Unless you want to for some reason rewrite any of the more modest, convervative, or non caring about food mane 6 for the sake of your dumbfuck argument

>where are the hipsters circlejerking foreign cuisine with cozy atmosphere?
Manehatten
>>
File: 1456598616512.png (318 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1456598616512.png
318 KB, 1200x900
>>27622621
Where are you getting this non-caring about food from? Sure, Pinkie is a baker, but why would anyone else be non-caring about food when hungry? Was that stated somewhere, or are you just assuming that everyone would not care about food for the sake of your dumbfuck argument? :^)
Twilight is a fucking fastfood junkie, see Twilight Time. Dash is probably too. They're hungry. They smell something good. I don't have to be a chef to recognize food that smells good. That's not out of character, and if you think it is, the burden of proof is on you. Show me that any of the mane 6 are non-caring about food to the extent that they would ignore the restaurant when hungry, since that's the situation they're in, because I don't see how being modest has anything to do with liking Indian cuisine/aroma.

But by glossing over all the rest I'm assuming you don't have anything to disprove and therefore agree that Pinkie wasn't necessary to the conflict, and solving thereof, of the episode.
>>
>>27622543
Holy shit, this sounds like a way better episode with Spike instead of Pinkie.
>>
>>27622689
>why would anyone else be non-caring about food when hungry? Was that stated somewhere, or are you just assuming that everyone would not care about food for the sake of your dumbfuck argument? :^)
Because we've never been shown or told that they do, and until that happens, they don't
>Twilight is a fucking fastfood junkie
So, you equate fast food to exotic/ethnic food? Fast food is as normalfag as you can get, if you like chicken tendies that isn't a sure fire signal that you like vietnamese food
>Dash is probably too
Yeah because Dash is the beacon of open mindedness and culture in MLP
>Show me that any of the mane 6 are non-caring about food to the extent that they would ignore the restaurant when hungry, since that's the situation they're in
It's not about the fact that they were hungry, it's about the fact that Pinkie Pie canonically eats food other ponies don't and also has a passion for food....if you said "ok, here's an episode about cuisine....strange new food vs trendy upper class food. what ponies do you cast?"
Pinkie Pie and Rarity....it's fucking obvious.
>I don't see how being modest has anything to do with liking Indian cuisine/aroma.
Because they wouldn't force Rarity to eat there when she CLEARLY didn't want to....at all....she objected to it, she didn't think any restaurant without a rating was worth stepping foot in.

>But by glossing over all the rest I'm assuming you don't have anything to disprove and therefore agree that Pinkie wasn't necessary to the conflict, and solving thereof, of the episode.
I already told your stupid dense ass that it literally does not matter if Rarity solved the problem all on her own, even if that was the case the only reason they came about the problem is because Pinkie Pie insisted they found the restaurant

Applejack wouldn't want to eat there, she is xenophobic, the rest of the ponies don't care enough about cuisine to have a fuckin opinion they would just go along with whatever Rarity wanted to do
>>
>>27622543
>episode still works.
No it doesn't because Spike isn't a pony and doesn't have a cutie mark....the only reason they went to Canterlot is because of the cutie mark magic
>>
>>27622797
Spike still had a map episode.
>>
>>27622234
development for worse. i have absolutely no regrets
>>
>>27621446
>implying we like Rarity in the first place.
>>
File: 0.gif (3 MB, 230x250) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
3 MB, 230x250
>>27621446

>now
>>
>>27622543
Damn, I thought Spike wouldn't work due to his devotion to Rarity, but then again he is one to break rules.
>>
>>27622802
No he didn't...
>>
>>27622815

>liking Fluttershy

> not liking Rarity.

Enjoy being a fan of the character who has werid character reversion issues like Rarity today expect its in all but like 3 of her episodes.
>>
>>27622906
rarifag: the post
>>
>>27621655
>you NEED to catch the eye of the people with something they know, which is rarity.
so she's canterlot's whore?
>>
>>27622870
He technically didn't but Gauntlet of Fire serves as one.
>>
>>27622787
Anon giving a fuck about food when you're hungry is the default state. Everyone I know enjoys a good meal. Everyone I know seeks out a meal when hungry. That's basic survival instincts and shit.
I'm equating a fast food junkie to someone passionate about food. Did you see her stuffing her face? Definitely not "non-caring about food".
And yes, Pinkie is a vacuum cleaner inhaling anything at least partially edible. That does not mean that the other ponies do not care about food, or wouldn't like the smell of Indian cuisine.
The only reason they came about the problem is Pinkie Pie in the current way the episode is written. But instead of Pinkie insisting, it could've been anyone else. The argument and the way of acting would probably be mildly different, but beyond those two minutes of getting to the restaurant, it would not matter at all. That's why Pinkie wasn't necessary.

As for those Dash and AJ xenophobic undertones, I do not understand what you're trying to hint at. Are you making my little ponies intolerable, racist/xenophobic creatures that refuse to eat foreign cuisine purely on the basis that it's foreign, therefore it's bad? Are we even watching the same show? The one where ponies hang around buffaloes, zebras, eventually get around with yaks, get along with crystal ponies and probably some more characters I'm forgetting, these ponies should be afraid of a pony and its cuisine because they're Pajeets?

>>27622797
Well shit, looks like you find a loophole. The writers wrote themselves into a corner. I guess you could make some obscure reason for only Rarity's sign and Spike tagging along, still. Where is that mini-throne of Spike's, anyways? It's not seen in today's episode. I wanted to check if he had a sign on it but it wasn't even there. RIP, I guess.
>>
>>27623165
You're just attention whoring at this point. Eating food =/= having a passion for food. The other ponies would be happy to eat literally anywhere else, they would not seek out a restaurant and force Rarity to eat there

>
As for those Dash and AJ xenophobic undertones, I do not understand what you're trying to hint at. Are you making my little ponies intolerable, racist/xenophobic creatures that refuse to eat foreign cuisine purely on the basis that it's foreign, therefore it's bad? Are we even watching the same show?
"Bridle Gossip", yes ponies are xenophobic but Applejack especially is afraid of things that are different than what she knows, she is a traditionalist. Ponies know nothing about the cultures of other races, they hardly know anything about other ponies it seems, like when Twilight, the most intellectual pony we've been shown thus far, apparantly doesn't know anything about so much as eastern unicorns.
>>
>>27621482
No, she hasn't. She's always wanted good reviews because she's not an idiot, but she never bent over backwards or changed her style to appeal to critics.
>>
>>27623309
Twilight was definitely passionate about a good burger. And being passionate about food is not a prerequisite, you only need them to care. People usually care when they're hungry. That's enough to get the motivation. The shitty, distasteful mini portions of Restaurant Row would not satisfy them, just make them walk past the restaurant instead of the gag of Pinkie being a sniffing dog. No need to make it overly complicated. You could even save some time with that.
When you're making up arguments that ponies would be scared of going into a restaurant which food smells great just because it's a foreign, yet a completely normal, non-shady establishment in the middle of Canterlot, you know you've gone too far. Overthinking the show and adding /pol/-tier conspiracies won't do you much good. The restaurant had only one problem, and that was it had no star. Nobody, even in the assumed snobbish unicorn central of Equestria, had a problem because the restaurant was Indian.
And I believe the problem with eastern unicorns was that Twilight didn't study their history, and we don't know if they're even still a thing, who knows how old that staff was.
The point still stands. You only need minor adjustments to the two minutes after the intro, and Pinkie can fuck off. She isn't needed to solve the problem, and the episode is built around her being useful by getting Rarity there, which is a role so minor virtually anyone else can do it and the core of the episode, helping the restaurant, wouldn't change. I showed an example that works with Spike, except for the cutie mark thing. It wouldn't be hard to do one for Twilight, Dash, Fluttershy, and Applejack. That proves it. You haven't denied it.
>>
>Here we can see Rarityfags complaing about everypony but Rarirty if the episode about her sucks, as they usually do.
>>
File: 1448732280260.gif (572 KB, 304x367) Image search: [Google]
1448732280260.gif
572 KB, 304x367
>>27623528
pretty much this
rarifag denial is a wonder to behold
>>
>>27622067
Just to let you know both of the posts you quoted are by me. Really makes you think.
>>
Who has worse fans if a character does something that isn't absolutely perfect and amazing and awesome and all the other characters talk about how great they are: Rarity or Spike?

There was a perfectly valid reason for Rarity to want to impress Zesty so much, no pony would go there without a hoof rating. It's probably not what she would do in a restaurant, but in addition to loving creativity she also knows what it takes to keep a business afloat. If keeping it afloat requires being the same, so be it.
>>
>>27623528
>>27623600
What thread are you reading?
>>
>>27623926
Rarity, how is that a question? It's actually rare for Spike to have good episodes.
>>
>>27623944
the thread which started as a discussion of rarity's action and character but got derailed by rarifags complaining about the unrelated tangent of pinkie being replaceable
>>
>>27621916
That's how Twifags feel since MMC
>>
File: 1461688630710.png (381 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461688630710.png
381 KB, 1280x720
>>27623926
Pinkie Pie only caring about her personal tastes and being willing to put the restaurant under was far more in the right because /mlp/ needs to remind people how non conformist they are when ever possible and anything else triggers them regardless of rationale.
>>
>>27623956
Yes, but every single word he says in every one of his appearances is heavily scrutinized. I think only him and Rarity create the huge amount of discussion they get here. I'd even say that they are two of the most discussed characters on the entire board.

>>27624054
Everyone that was cooking Zesty Gourmand's cuisine absolutely hated it, though. They needed someone like Pinkie to stand up to her. The whole point was that they were doing the wrong things. Rarity used her fashion designer reputation to boost the restaurant that Pinkie helped stay unique. Which is what they should have done to begin with.
>>
>>27624054
>missing the point of the episode this badly
>>
I don't see why this one would make anyone dislike Rarity, she was kinda foolish but it all came from her desire to help others
It wasn't like she was selfish or mean like at all.
>>
>>27624181
She wasn't mean-spirited, certainly not. She was just dumb.
>>
>>27624181
honestly comparing her to the shit she made in S3, she wan't bad at all

people are just either making fun of or lamenting her perfect streak so far has been stopped
>>
>>27624079

It's for totally different reasons though with Spike its mostly about how to improve him with Rarity its that she has probably the most devout ( and on this board one of the largest) fanbase of the Mane 6 and they are quite picky and defensive.
>>
>>27624233

She's had worse episodes than this though, like this was way better than the one she shared with AJ.
>>
>>27624108
What, that the father and daughter would not have made up had Rarity made the restaurant conformist? Maybe you're just reading too much into my post because it hits close to home. All I was stating is that the restaurant would have gone down had Pinkie Pie stuck to her ways and left out Rarity.

See
>>27622020
>>
>>27624267
nah it has more to do with the second part of your post mocking people for daring not to conform, while at the same time mocking people with different values

you know the exact opposite of this ep
>>
File: 1399930101174.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1399930101174.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>27624181
I like the friendship map episodes because a lot of times, it feels a bit like the internal mane 6 conflict we had in S1. This of course means that one of the mane 6 is generally adopting the "wrong" way of doing things in the episode and I think the reason this doesn't groove very well with /mlp/ is because the mane 6 have had 6 season of development so it's hard to make any of the characters appear to be in the wrong without one episode or another having already approached that flaw.

I like the Pinkie Pie and Rarity were at odds. The mane 6 were often at odds in earlier episodes. I do think it comes at the cost of a bit of already developed character (although it doesn't have to with good enough writing) but I still enjoy seeing the mane 6 being at each others' throats.
>>
One thing iv noticed with Rarity this season is that they are putting a lot more emphasis on her desire to help others, that sort of generous drive, its pretty much the main thing in every major appearence so far outside of Saddle Row which was about her Business.
>>
>>27624297
I was mocking /mlp/ for autistically defending their own values to the point where they feel everyone is attacking them (much like your posts). I can enjoy buying horse dildos and shoving them up my ass, that doesn't mean I'll start making accusations of oppression towards everyone that makes comments involving horse dildos.

I get that the conformist shit doesn't fly. I merely commented that people are taking stabs at Pinkie as stabs at non conformists. Much like you seem to feel I'm attacking your personal values for saying that Pinkie was fucking up as well.
>>
>>27624303
I honestly like the premise of mane 6 against each other as much as you do but the execution of most map ep is really disappointing most of the time

hell, I have problems with this ep but even then I would call it the second best map ep so far, its not like it got fierce competition anyway
>>
>>27624333

Yeah compared to the nothing happens of Made In Manehattan and Twilight/Fluttershy demonstrating they are the least interesting Mane 6 combination in Hoofields this was pretty good.
>>
>>27624323
honestly anon, are you sure you don't suffer some persecution complex yourself?

seriously, I haven't made an accusation of oppression so far I just merely saying you missed the point how does that translates to oppression?
>>
File: 1449927874172.jpg (27 KB, 260x344) Image search: [Google]
1449927874172.jpg
27 KB, 260x344
>>27624405
> "the second part of your post mocking people for daring not to conform"
I was not doing that so you're wrong. I pointed that out. Not sure how much more clearer I need to make it.
>>
>>27624446
Taking that a step further just to make sure you understand my basic reasoning. I don't know why you would make that assumption in regards to who I was mocking unless you felt personally targeted. Because like I said, you were off the mark.
>>
>>27622831
spike is his own man

he is KEKED NO MORE
>>
>>27624463
>in regards to who I was mocking

>>27624323
>I was mocking /mlp/

sorry you just got me more confused now
>>
>>27624498
Try reading the book I gave you.
>>
>>27621446

If something like this makes people hate her then there probably really is a double standard against her.
>>
>>27621446
She may have fucked up, but I'll never hate her.
>>
>>27625550
>AJ, Ponk, Dash, Twi or Flutts fuck up
>"They're just being innocently naive, I still love them!"
or
>"Bad writing! OOC! They would never do that"

>Rarity fucks up
"What a huge, raging bitch! I hate her!"

Rarara haters in a nutshell
>>
>>27625683
>Dash fucks up
>"They're just being innocently naive, I still love them!"
Kek
>>
>>27625690
This board pretty much fawns over Dash no matter what she does.
>>
>>27622906
I like both. In fact they're a much better shipping than per say flutterdash and rarijack.
>>
Seriously, why didn't they just make it so Rarity likes the weird designer food? Would've made so much more sense.
>>
>>27621869
What exactly is the beef with that ep? I wasn't around the week it aired. I thought it was fine until it showed that AJ and the entire Apple family were retards who didn't know how to farm.
>>
>>27621446
It's consistent with old rarity it's just that apparently she never learns her lesson
>>
>>27621491
Yeah that's the big problem these episodes are raritys fluttershy learns to be assertive episodes.
>>
>>27621681
Probably the only problem I could see is how the fuck would twilight have known what the restrount ratings were
>>
>>27626287
>AJ and the entire Apple family were retards who didn't know how to farm.
That's precisely the problem people have with it.

I dident mind it to myself but that's what bothered people
>>
>>27626305
Although now that I think about it it kind of makes sense after 5 years the target audience has grown up they need to reset these characters so a new generation can watch there development.
>>
>>27626287
That was pretty much the problem with it. AJ's issues were so mind-numbingly simple that it was absurd. They also spent huge chunks of the episode doing nothing but walking and talking.

Also, I figured out why today's episode felt so familiar. It was Castle Sweet Castle all over again, but with fewer mane 6.
>>
>>27621600
because the friendship problem wasnt about getting hooves, it was about succeeding without falling into the (implied negative) trend
>>
>>27621446
Honestly this episode really rustled me. I dont usually get so mad at an episode but Rarity's "help" - while thoughtful - was completely misguided.

I dont think its her exclusively that i hate, i think its the whole culture she personifies. Canterlot and Manehattan are like cities from Earth that have been dropped into Equestria and that is not whimsical, its infuriating. The ponies there are all fucked, mindlessly following the the trends of self absorbed cunts. If i wanted to experience that I'd watch Fox, CBS, or NBC. The worst part is these are seen as the most important cities in all of Equestria.

I hope the coming changeling war sees these cities conquered.
>>
File: 1464835897297.gif (454 KB, 473x480) Image search: [Google]
1464835897297.gif
454 KB, 473x480
Pinkie Pie usually pisses me off to NO end but the last two seasons have toned her down and made her much more likeable.

She saved this episode and Rarity has now taken her place as worst pony for me.

The image is not relevant but i dont have pics of ponies i dont like.
>>
>>27626938

How did she save the episode by doing next to nothing?

Seriously Pinkie's only relevant role in the plot was getting Rarity to the Resturant, otherwise she was right but still kinda just failed at everything and Rarity drove everything that happened. So basically she fucked up and then ALSO unfucked up while Pinkie just got to be there.
>>
>>27627112
Someone had to carry the conformity ball. It's just a shame that the writers didn't try to make extra clear what Rarity's motivations were.
>>
>>27627892

Rarity's motivations were simple, she wanted to help the family, she was very earnest and honest about that. She just went about it in a misguided way.
>>
>>27627951
Perhaps motivation wasn't the right word. Why she felt conformity was the proper answer in this situation when she has rebelled against it in the past.
>>
>>27622344
>those were ordinary folk
This was the biggest problem for me it was especially jaring with amethyst star. Her rejecting pinkie like that seemed out of character.
>>
>>27622381
Indeed
>>
>>27623442
to be fair, shes never had to. its never been her vs a critic, its just always worked out for her.
>>
This whole episode was fucked because neither Pinkie or Rarity were focusing on the actual problem - Saffron and her father's relationship. Isn't that why it was a friendship problem? The map is fucking retarded and I don't know why they want to continue using it.
>>
>>27626875
>>Being this butthurt

News flash, little boy. Not even Equestria is your perfect utopia.
People have flaws. Ponies are no difference.
Get over with it.
>>
>>27628334
I think it hearkened a little to the friendship problem Starlight's village had. Everybody along Restaurant Row was conforming to this critic's desires rather than pursuing their dreams in culinary arts. Rarity and Pinkie were fixing not just that Indian Restaurant, but the entire area.
>>
>>27628368
Seriously, why do people still get worked up over their favorite pony having flaws? Do they want the show to be all happy and cutesy and utterly bland like G3 or something?
>>
>>27628334
I dident notice that at first but your right.

Honestly if they had just shot that critic in the head the problem might have been solved all the same
>>
>>27628405
It's not that she had a flaw, it's that in this show usually they explain why they are behaving differently. Like they'll say a passing remark like "normally, I'd be all for a unique style, but the restaurant biz is different. They operate entirely on whether you satisfy the critic". Then it would be very clear. Yes, it was implied, but without stating it, it makes it seem like a weird decision for her character
>>
>>27628481
That would be way too on the nose though.
>>
>>27628543
The show is always like that though. Just look at episodes like "Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep". They repeat the conflict like five times. In this episode they never explicitly say why Rarity is acting against her usual nature at all. Yes, it would be "on the nose", but it would settle all confusion regarding her choices. I'm certain that's how the writer intended her thought process to be, but that's why people are claiming she was "out of character". Without telling the audience directly, you leave it up to their imagination, and 50% of all audiences do not catch the hint.
>>
>>27628405

I think Rarifans are just still bitter about when she wasn't as popular as she is now, that's probably why they like to start shit with Dashfags too.
Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.