[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frostbitten (CYOA)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 2
File: hole.png (96 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
hole.png
96 KB, 1000x1000
[1/2]

It's too cold...
How did you get here? For the life of you, you can't remember your name. Did you have a family? Any friends? Did you have anyone in your life? If you did, their place as a memory in your brain has been wiped clean.
...Well, you're a stallion. And an earth pony, at that. You know that much.
You're thinking, so that's a good sign. At least you aren't brain-dead. If you were, though... could you even tell? Getting off topic there, stallion with no name... You need to think about why you're here. About why you're so numb you can't feel your own body. About why your nose is so stuffed up that you can barely breath. About how the howling wind is the only thing you can hear. About why you can only see light blue, faded, and blurred figures in the distance...
About why one of them is moving.
A barely audible and slightly high-pitched gasp is heard in the distance as a figure, presumably a pony, starts to gallop in your direction. A mare, judging by the sound she made. You could barely tell her apart from anything else.
>O-Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh, th-they never get out this far!
...Definitely a mare. What did she mean by that, anyway?
You see her small hoof touch your neck. Checking for a pulse? Probably.
>H-He's still alive! I-I don't know how to handle this... Argh! For the love of Celestia, Misty! Get him on your back and quit talking to yourself!
Your vision shifts as she starts to haul you onto her back, grunting as she does so. You could probably feel it too if you didn't have a very likely case of frostbite.
And to add to that, now some overly-talkative mare has taken you in, Perhaps even saving your life... “What a great way to start the day.” you think as you feel everything start to fade. “Just perfect...”
>>
The sound of bubbling liquid drips into your eardrums as you slowly regain consciousness.
...Well, you're not dead yet.
You soon realize you can feel again. The feeling of a soft fur blanket laying over top of you giving you a slightly warm and comfy feeling. You feel like you could sleep here forever... probably not a good idea, though. You slowly open your eyes, looking forward to view a column of three small, empty wooden shelves, bolted onto what looks like... a wall of ice? Viewing the rest of the room, you can see that the walls, the ceiling, the floor... It is all made of ice.
Where in the hell could you be now?
The room itself contained what you might expect to find in a normal room. A wooden closet, a small metal chest, a desk with a random assortment of tailoring equipment like wool and a sewing machine... nothing out of the ordinary besides the fact that this place is made of ice.
Looking towards the ceiling, you see a small cog with what looks to be a fairly small, pink crystal attached to it via string. Perhaps it's purpose will come to you in the future.
Other than that, not much is interesting about the room itself besides the slightly ajar door, leaking orange, flickering light out of it. Probably fire. Fire. In a place made of ice. What a fantastic idea.
The shadow of a pony (presumably Misty, you recall) trots across the light, casting a shadow into the room. You can hear her humming to herself. Maybe out of happiness, maybe out of nervousness. Maybe both.

What do you choose to do?
>>
>>27605654
Tell her to shut up, you're trying to sleep forever.
>>
>>27605654
Call out.
>>
>>27605654
I'm assuming that physically we're pretty much out of commission. Attempt to call out for someone.
>>
>>27605705
>>27605708
>>27605715
Maybe it's best not to stress out too much. You were just saved by a random pony from a frozen death outside, so it's probably not the best idea to get up. Not yet anyway.
Maybe this “Misty” character can help with that.
“Hey, kinda hard to sleep with you humming out there!” you call out to her. Hopefully she didn't take that too seriously. Just because you almost died doesn't mean you have to be a brooding ass about it.
Another gasp escapes from her as the sound of hooves against ice makes it's way toward you. That's the... second time she's gasped? Must get surprised easily.
A mare with a short and messy, light-blue colored mane and fur slowly opens the door. Seeing you on the bed. She smiles widely, full of joy.
>Oh thank Celestia you're okay! Are you hurt? Do you feel any pain?
“Not that I can feel right now...”
>Oh, geez, that's good. At least you aren't bleeding to death or asphixiating or dying from hypothermia! Er-umm... I gotta go get something, be right back!
Doing just that, she runs out of the room quickly. You hear the sound of liquid sloshing around before she returns with an amber coloured liquid in a wooden bowl.
>Here, drink this! It should help you get back in order.
“...Alright...”
She holds the soup-like mystery stuff up to your mouth and pours as much as you can handle into your mouth. The soup was warm, but not blisteringly hot. It smelled and tasted kind of like blueberries.... You start to feel a little more aware and able, a burst of energy rushing through you. You feel like you're a bit stronger than before.
“Ugh, thanks....”
>No problem, no problem! You should be able to walk, though, just... don't get too riled up. It works, but it doesn't work instantly.

What should you do or say next?
>>
>>27605865
Sorry, for some reason, I can't remember anything.
Where am I?
>>
>>27605865
"Thanks miss?...Uhh, what was your name again?"
>>
>>27605878
>>27605884
These.
>>
>>27605592
This is the CYOA from all the world gen threads, right?
>>
>>27605919
I don't believe so. Surely he'd mention it.
>>
>>27605878
>>27605884
Thanks, miss... uhh, what was your name again? Sorry, my memory's a bit off and I can't seem to remember, well... anything...”
>Oh, that's perfectly understandable, considering where you're probably from... don't worry about it! My name is Misty, Misty Shores. Nice to meet your acquaintance!
“Yes, you as well... mind if I ask where I am right now?”
>Well, right now, at this VERY MOMENT IN TIME, you are in... my house!
“Kinda guessed that part-”
>As for where my house is, it is near a town called Icebowl. Icebowl is buried in the Tundra of Ghosts, next to the Sea of Ghosts, yadda yadda yadda... As for what continent, we are currently in Delestra! As for what planet, Earth. But you probably don't need me to tell you that.
“Right. you seem rather... joyous.”
>Well, I did just save a stallion from a frozen and lonely death so... yeah, I'm a bit happy, as you can see.
At least she seemed nice enough... you could probably get saved by much worse ponies.

What now?
>>27605919
Nope. I don't even know what threads you're referring to.
>>
>>27606009
>earth
If there is any mention of humans, I'm dropping this so quickly it'll make your head spin.
>>
>>27606009
"So... can you tell me about the environment of this place? Anything dangerous to look out for?"

>>27606022
Same here.
>>
>>27606009
But still... how did I get here? Do you have any idea where I'm from. I can't remember anything. Not even my name.
>>
>>27606059
“Right... well if it looks like I'm gonna be spending time here, it might be best to know about the environment of this place. Anything to look out for, like dangerous animals and the like?"
>Well, it's freezing cold here, obviously, so you might wanna get a warm coat, which i would be more than happy to supply for you... As for animals, don't stray too far off the path and you'll be safe from most wildlife around in the tundra. In Icebowl there isn't much room for any life at all, so you'll be fine, If you stay around town. Outside of the tundra, I'm not so sure. I... well, I don't get out much, to be perfectly honest... and in Icebowl itself, there's a particular gang of ponies that likes to hang around the bar. Steer clear of that place, and don't go out at night, and you'll be safe. If you want, I could show you around once you're ready to walk! And if you need a place to stay the guest room's always open!
Seems like she values you quite a bit... maybe she's like that way with everyone, though.
“Right, I'll keep that in mind... But there's still the fact that I have no idea how I got here, where I'm from, not even my name...”
She pauses for a second, deep in thought. She looks hesitant to tell you. Maybe she isn't as forthcoming as previously thought...
She sighs and speaks again.
>...Well, I know where you came from and how you got here at least, but... It would probably be better if you saw for yourself. Probably. I know you don't have time for games right now, and you're probably really confused. You just woke up from having a near-death experience, after all. But if you don't trust me enough, I'll just tell you.

What do you do?

>>27606022
CYOA is not for humans. Not this one, anyway.
>>
>>27606231
I think you're nice enough to trust. You're also lucky I'm really comfortable right now.

Just a criticism, could you lighten up on your use of ellipses? You're using it way too often.
>>
>>27606231
"Thanks for the help. Maybe you could accompany me to the place where I came from? I need to know what happened so I can get a bearing on what to do."

>>27606321
I know you're adding a unique personality, but it's conflicting for me to be a jerk to such an innocent pone.
>>
>>27606416
This.

Being unnecessarily harsh and callous to the person that saved our life is an good choice if you want everyone to hate your character.
>>
>>27606416
>>27606437
It was meant to be said in a joking manner.
>>
>>27606474
Oh. Whoops. Just try not to make them go too far. The last thing we need is the media on us.
>>
>>27606321
>>27606416
“Well, considering that you saved my life, proceeded to feed me something, and that you gave me this obscenely comfortable bed to lay in, I think I trust you enough. You seem like a nice enough pony.”
>Oh geez, thanks for your kind words. You seem nice too! Anyway, if you wanna try to get up, now would be a good time. That soup I just gave to ya should do the trick. Just please, please be careful!
“I will, I will.”
You begin to use your hoof to lift yourself into a sitting position, trying your best not to strain too hard, of course. You slowly but surely make it to your goal, Misty beaming happily as you finally reach it.
>Awesome, it worked! N-Not that I wasn't sure, of course! So, now that that's done, do you wanna know anything else?
“Well, first of all, thank you very much for your help. If you weren't there at the right time, I'd be dead, for sure.”
>Oh, don't worry about it! You are very welcome.
“Also, would you mind keeping me company as I go to this place you're saying I came from? I need to get a bearing on how to assess this situation I'm in.”
>Of course, of course. I was planning on accompanying you anyway, even though it isn't very far away.
“Alright, sounds like a plan.”

Anything else to say/do before you head out?
>>
>>27606523
"Oh! Do you have any stealth or rogue-like gear? Like light armor, short blades, bows, and stuff? It just feels familiar to me. Maybe some insulated clothing too."
>>
>>27606523
Politely ask for a jacket or something.
>>
>>27606590
Could we hold off on that, at least for now? I'd like to see "where we came from" first.
>>
>>27606650
Sure.
>>
>>27606594
>Anything else you need?
“Well would you be able to lend me any coats or jackets, please? I'm fairly sure that I'll need one to, well, not die.”
>Oh, of course!
Getting up from her spot, she goes over to a tall closet at the end of the room and looks inside to find it empty.
>Oh, duh, why would I keep clothes in a guest room no one uses?
She trots back and out of the room with a slightly embarrassed look on her face. You can hear her quietly berate herself somewhere else in the house before she returns with a large, blue fur coat. A medium, by the looks of it. With both of you being earth ponies, you find slight difficulty putting it on before she helps you. With her help, you now have a fur coat wrapped snugly around you. It was a bit tight, but nothing that would cause too much discomfort. It was also very warm. An essential part of the whole “not dying” plan.
“Thanks, Misty.”
>Yeah, yeah, don't mention it. So, we ready to head out? We can come back here after I show you if you need anything else...

Ready?
>>
>>27606709
"Hold on! Just a few more things.... Just kidding, let's go."
>>
>>27606709
We good.

Take note of how the rest of her house looks as we leave.
>>
>>27606740
>>27606744
“Hold on, I need a whole bunch mo- nah, let's go.”
>Geez, scared me for a second. Alright, sounds good!
You finally sit up from the bed, getting on all fours at last. No pain yet, which is a great sign. It does feel odd, however. This should be expected though. You haven't been upright in who knows how long.
>This way!
Misty leads you out of the room happily. You walk out into what you presumed to be the kitchen, the pot left to sizzle as the fire underneath it dies. Along the shelves around the room, multiple herbs, berries and meat is laying around in different locations. Guess when your house is cold almost all the time, there's no need for a fridge or freezer. You walk through the halls, observing your surroundings. It's rather dark with only a few lights strewn about the ceiling. Observing a light, you can see it's the same thing that was hanging in the guest room, only the cog was spinning the crystal around at a very high speed. These aren't the only crystals around the house, however.
All around you are shelves and cabinets full of crystals and gems ranging from barely being able to be seen to ones that stretch across entire shelves, and coming in all colours too. It was as if you were walking inside a gem museum that somepony decided to fashion into a house.
The two of you make it to the front door. She opens it, leading you to yet another hallway, with one way going left, the other going opposite.
>Did I mention that I built my house inside of a gigantic wall of ice? Because I did that. Left we go!
She leads you down the hallway for quite a bit.

Anything to say as you walk?
>>
>>27606897
"So uh, what exactly are these crystals and what do they do?
>>
>>27606938
Welp, I guess I'm the only player now. I don't know what happened to the others.
>>
>>27606897
It is alot of ice. Any specific reason?
>>
>>27606938
>>27607019
“So I noticed that you have quite a lot of gems and crystals around your house. Mind if I ask what they are?”
>Those would be, well, just crystals I guess. You can find them pretty much anywhere, and they're worth quite a lot. But the ones in this ice wall are special. As in, extremely special. Scientists came through here a long time ago and found them, but they considered them useless. Can you believe that? I can't. They couldn't see value if it smacked 'em in the face. So I mine them out of the wall. Some are more valuable than others, but the most common ones glow when they are put into any kind of motion. That's why all the lights you see around here are moving in some way! More rare ones have other special abilities, but I'll be able to show you that when we get back, if you really want to.
“I'll take note of it. Where did all of this ice come from, anyway?”
>I think a part of a gigantic iceberg down south broke off and landed here a long, long time ago. Icebowl itself is mainly built into the footprint of a gigantic prehistoric animal that used to live back then! Anyway, I think the piece landed onto... land. And then ponies just colonized what they could find. Like me! This tunnel goes through the entire wall, and I don't think anypony knows it exists besides me. And I guess you too, now.
[1/2]
>>
>>27607115
>Anyway, we're almost to the end of this tunnel!
And you could see that yourself, an opening with light beaming in at the end of the hallway was now just within reach. You walk out into the only actual land you've been on since you woke up. The ground is mainly just dirt and rocks, with it slowly getting more damp as it goes further towards the beach.
Looking at the sky above, you can see that it's completely overcast. Dreary as ever. It's when you look to your side that you see that something's now right about any of this. To your left, almost an entire mile of wooden crosses made out of random pieces of scrap was sprawled out before you, not a single one that you could see had a marking on it of who it was.

What now?
>>
>>27607127
something's not right*
>>
>>27607127
"......were these all the ones who failed to make it here?"
>>
>>27607150
“So. I'm guessing there wasn't many like me that didn't end up there, huh?”
Misty looks upon it, a somber look on her face.
>Yeah. It's something I hate doing every time. You're the only one I haven't had to... you know. Come with me.
She leads you down to the edge of the beach looking out into the fog far in front of her. She sighs, a frown forming on her face. She looks at you.
>Beyond that fog is the Pitchurst. It's a mental institution. Anypony that's been there has been there either because they were chosen to work there, or because they're patients there. They don't allow visitors under any circumstances, which should tell you how bad it gets in there. I haven't been there, but I've had friends in the past who have heard awful things about it. It's constantly covered in fog. Everything about that place is just wrong.
She looks back, into the distance
>Sometimes bodies wash up here. That's how they dispose of them. They just dump them into the ocean. First time I tunnelled through the wall, I found a giant pile of 'em there. I thought it might be better for them to have a proper burial, at the very least. I've lost count of how many are in that graveyard. And they just keep coming. You were one of the ones that washed up, But you weren't dead. You managed to crawl up shore a bit before giving up. It's a wonder you made it as far as you did in the first place, to be honest.
You aren't sure how to respond to this. You just stand there, looking at the fog in the distance.
>...I'm sorry. I just hope you can put that all behind you.

What now?
>>
>>27607303
"Well, there's no need to mourn over it any longer than you have to. Let's change subjects and go back to your home. Also, do you have any equipment fit for a rogue? I don't know why, but that way of life just feels very familiar to me."
>>
>>27607335
Hold up a bit. Let's not go straight to asking for arms and armor.

>>27607303
So I came from that loony bin up there...? Guess I was too much for them! I'm sorry, just trying to use humor to cope. Well I'll need a name. How about you give me one?
>>
>>27607441
Sorry for the /that/ guy post but I wanted to cover alot.
>>
>>27607441
Sorry about that. I'm just feelin' for a rogue-like character right now.
So when would be the right time to ask for gear? I just want to know so I don't ask after every post.
>>
>>27607335
>>27607441
“It's alright, Misty. There's no need for mourning, I'm sure you've done enough of that already.”
She looks back at you, the slight hint of a smile on her face.
“I guess I was just too crazy for them, huh?”
Realizing how that could be taken, you're about to apologize before she laughs a little under her breath.
>Heh... well, you seem to be taking it pretty well.
“Trying my best not to internally freak out, yeah.”
>Aren't we all?
“I suppose so, huh?”
You smile back at her. You like this pony. She's a good pony.
“So... I suppose I'll need a name if I'm going to be a functioning, totally not crazy at all pony. How about you give me one?”
>Oh, geez, I-I'm not good with names at all. I mean, I haven't even come up with a name for the crystals, and I use them every day! If I were to use one, though... It would have to do with your mane and fur. You're very muted. Light grey on light grey wouldn't be my first choice, but maybe something happened to you to make you that way. I like your green eyes, though. They really pop out... Er-Anyway, I'm terrible at names. Something to do with snow and emeralds? Emerald Frost? Or is that hitting it on the head of the nail a little too much?
>>
>>27607572
So we have an earth pony that's blue on blue and an earth pony that's grey on grey. The creativity is off the charts.

Anywho, sure. I guess that works for me. Or Chance? Second Chance maybe?

>>27607481
Once we have need of such things. Maybe we'll break into the asylum to find out who we really are, who knows?
>>
Eager aren't ya Numb?
>>
>>27607572
>>27607718
"Ya, let's get back home before the ghosts getcha."

>>27607751
>Second Chance
I like it. I could just imagine him saying in a manly voice: "My name's Chance..... Second Chance."
>>
>>27607751
>>27607820
“Hey, grey on grey and blue on blue... not the most varied types we are, huh?
>I suppose not, but I'd rather be uncreative than have a color mixture that just doesn't work. Have you seen some of those ponies in the magazines? I'm hardly a fashion pony, but just looking at them in some of the stores I go to makes me want to puke.
“Like green on black?”
>Ew.
“Ew is right. As for the name, That works for me. Though “Second Chance” might be more appropriate name considering, well, you know.”
>Hey, that's a good one! I like it. Miles better than mine.
“I guess it works, then. Now lets go. I don't feel like meeting any ghosts today.”
>Sounds good. Lets.
She saunters off back to the hole you came out, you in tow behind her. Once you reach her house once more, she stops.
>So, It's gonna get dark out. Fast. So we could either go to town now, or we could stay here, and I could maybe... show you how I get the crystals? It's your choice, really.

What now?

>>27607802
Didn't wait long enough. Assumed too much.
>>
>>27607871
Crystals.
>>
>>27607871
That sounds really neat actually. I'll hang with you.

Ask her about herself. How' she end up here, what's she does, friends and family, etcetera.
>>
>>27607871
"I'm more interested in the crystals. While we walk home, why don't ya tell me a bit about yourself because, well, I don't have much of a story talk about."
>>
>>27607923
>>27607934
>>27607966
“I think I'm more interested in the crystals, really. Sounds neat.”
>Great! I'll try not to bore you with too many details while we're going.
“I'll try to keep up with you as much as I can so I don't hold you back.”
>Meh, don't worry about that!
You were going to anyway.
The ecstatic pony leads you to the other end of where her house is until you reach a room that contains a circular vault door, along with some pickaxes hanging on the wall, safety helmets and goggles, earmuffs, and some other fur coats. One is missing from the rack, which you assume to be the one you're wearing right now. There's a small red button near the vault door, along with another normal wooden door beside it labeled “Storage & Supplies”. It's labeled with what looks like a black marker.
>You have no idea how long it took for me to set this up... seriously, make friends. You need 'em every once and a while.
“Well, I'm already friends with you, so it looks like I'm at a good start.”
>Yeah, looks like it!
“So how'd you end up here, anyway?”
>Well, about 3 years ago I moved out of my house from a village called Jericho up north. My family basically sent me on my way, with nowhere to go and nothing to my name but 500 bits and a sleeping bag. I slept at a few different places around town before I heard about the crystals down here. I knew that there was something more to them, so I went ahead and spent all my money on mining supplies and started to make a living selling crystals that I mined! It was tough the first year down here, but I've made a very nice profit. Vault doors aren't cheap! Oh, speaking of...
She grabs a pair of earmuffs ans puts them on you, and herself, smiling widely.

[1/2]
>>
>>27608202
>Check this out!
She pushes the button, sending the vault door squealing open, while sending a rush of cold air at you that sends shivers through your body. The squealing was ear piercing, even with the muffs. You felt like your eardrums would break any second. Eventually the sounds of hell and death incarnate stop. Misty takes the earmuffs off your ears and hangs them on your neck.
>How's that for an entrance?
>>
>>27608224
"Gives a whole new meaning to Hell has frozen over, eh?"
>>
>>27608224
How come it's colder past the doors?

So to make sure I have the look of this place right... we are currently in a huge glacier that Misty has carved a home/mining operation into Echo Base style?
>>
>>27608261
>>27608312
“Ugh, gives a whole new meaning to Hell has frozen over...”
>Pfffft, oh come on, it can't be that bad! You get used to anything once you're with it enough. Even Hell, evidently.
She smiles and leads you past the doors. It's even colder in here than outside, somehow. You haven't felt warm since you left the bed you woke up in. But Misty seems almost untouched by it. It simply doesn't phase her.
Maybe you really can get used to this. Couldn't be too hard.
She continues leading you through the tunnel she's carved until both of you reach a metal staircase that leads a small distance upward.
“Why is it colder past the vault door? Seems kinda odd.”
>Well, I try to keep my house as warm as possible without melting stuff. Even though it would have to get really hot for anything like that to happen, it's always better to take precaution.
The fact that so many steel beams and struts mark the halls really shows that she means the whole “precaution” bit. You two continue to climb the staircase until you reach the end of the tunnel. Right before it ends, however, you can see a massive metal cylinder that almost takes up the entirety of the already large tunnel. Looking at it's side, you can see there's a large glass window on it that looks like it was unprofessionally installed in the side of it, using nothing but a massive amount of duct tape to hold it on there. Inside, you can see a large red crystal on a pole, surrounded by mirrors that point to the end of the large metal tube. There's also a staircase installed on the side, allowing it to be scaled to the top.
>Pretty sweet, huh? That would be the thing that makes this operation a whole lot easier. I still can't believe I used to use pickaxes exclusively... Well! Wanna see how it works?

>>27608312
Correct.
>>
>>27608502
Where did you get all this stuff and how did you get it in here? You made the closest town sound like the middle of nowhere.

I also have no clue how to picture what you attempted to describe.
>>
>>27608502
"Is that a giant mining laser I see?"
>>
>>27608559
“How in the world did you get all of this stuff in here? You made the nearest town sound like the worst place you'd go for stuff like a giant mining laser.”
>Giant mining laser... I like that. But I'm also terrible at names. Anyway, I did it by being determined enough, building tools, strength, and living right next to a junk yard. Ponies just dump their unwanted stuff there. Useless to them, gold to me. I usually have to break it down into parts and rebuild it on-site, though. It can be a pain, but it works. Plus, this is basically just a huge metal garbage bin with no lid that I tipped on it's side and shoved a crystal & some mirrors in. The window on the side was an afterthought, obviously. I need to plan more on these things...
“Mhmm... so you want me to see how it works?"
>Yeah, if you're ready for it! It just takes a button push on the back of it to work.

Well, looks like I gotta go. Don't bump the thread, I'll be back some other time if anyone wants it. I'd like feedback, though.
Thanks for your time.
>>
>>27608678
Honestly, I think this quest may go somewhere. It has me interested. You just need more players.

I know it's the first thread, but I wish to learn more about the world later, so we can figure out where and what we should do next. I still think we should become a rogue though.
>>
>>27608678
Holy moly, that's actually pretty awesome. How long have you been building?

Digging it so far. I woke up a bit too late to play, unfortunately. Do you have anything in mind for the design of Misty and our MC? There's a little bit scattered in today's session, but I'd like more if that's fine to ask.
>>
>>27609195
From what I deducted from playing since the start of the thread is that the MC's development seems entirely up to us players.

So far he's a stallion with a sense of humor who's (hopefully) planning on becoming a rogue-like adventurer.
>>
>>27608704
>you just need more players
I've heard that more than once.
Anyway, late reply, but I can probably run on Saturday or Sunday.
>>
>>27609512
Cool. What time on Saturday/Sunday?
>>
>>27609583
Around 4:00 mountain time.
Maybe even before that.
No promises though. I'll definitely say a while in advance in /cyoad/ before I run, so look out for me there.
I gotta sleep though. If there's one thing I've learned it's to never write tired. Just don't do it.
>>
>>27609512
>I've heard that more than once
Likewise, and I think it's a rather vacant opinion. If you aren't getting players, there's at least one reason.

Nevertheless, there's usually more lurkers than players at any given time anyway. Your prompts draw the line between the two.

>>27609263
Sweet. I was looking to draw them, but I'll wait another session to let their characters develop.
>>
>>27609512
you should really run again, I like it so far
>>
Bamperino.

I'm not an efficient bumper by the way, someone will have to help me with this.
>>
>>27611961
>>
>>27612868
>>
>>27608678
When someone says don't bump the thread, it KINDA makes me want to bump the thread.
>>
What are Misty and our cutiemarks Numb? She's gotta have something with building, tinkering, or something similar.
>>
>>27614952
I think we decide our own cutie mark. I better start thinking of ideas then. Probably something Rogue-like.
>>
>>27614992
Ok dude. I get it. You want to be a rouge. I wouldn't mind being one. I would like to first see if being a rouge is a valid option. Would that fit what type of tone the QM is trying to make? Maybe find more out about the setting?
>>
>>27615065
All I can find out about the QM's world so far is that it's going to probably be pretty hostile later on. Because the graves/dead bodies and the gloomy setting.

Sorry if I'm getting annoying by the way. I just wanted to get some gear as soon as possible so we could be ready for any future conflicts.
>>
>>27615097
I kinda want to take this like early Heat. Get to know the pony that took us in, see the town, meet some locals, get a little job that'll get us a few bits, learn about the setting and establish the character throughout that time. Then it really kicks off to the good stuff.

I guess it's your immediately be prepared for anything vs. my take is slow and enjoy the ride. Both are very valid I think. Maybe we should play it from Sec's perspective? If I were him I would want to establish myself before running off to buy weapons and armor.
>>
>>27615171
True. A job seems important now that you mentioned it. Since we don't have any bits or whatever their currency may be. I think helping out with Misty's crystal business would be a good start.
>>
>>27615836
I want to work on Sec's personality. I like the direction we're going. Make him humorous and quippy. I can tell Misty will be super fun to screw with.
>>
>>27615924
Ya. I think we should make a him a little flirtatious too. It just seems like it should be a part of him after looking at the dialogue.
>>
>>27616127
Ehh, I dunno... I'd rather not.
>>
>>27616212
I don't mean the serious, rowdy, or ridiculous kind. I just mean like the casual, joking, and funny kind.
>>
Bamp.
>>
I think I got a good idea for what our cutie mark could possibly look like. Since we narrowly escaped death, along with the fact that our name is Second chance means we should go for a luck-based mark.

I'm thinking maybe an upwards facing golden horseshoe with a 4-leaf clover snugly fitting on the inside of it along with a pair of dice depicted landing on a snake-eyes layered on top of the clover and horseshoe.
>>
File: Mark.png (61 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
Mark.png
61 KB, 260x260
>>27617472
Alright. I threw together this horrible looking picture through the use of google images and gimp. Hopefully it helps you guys understand my idea better.
>>
>>27617706
That's an awfully busy qtmark. I'd be ok if you strip it down the the golden horseshoe. I would also like to know if Numb didn't already have a qtmark for him. Ya'know, in case that is important to the story.
>>
>>27617726
True, but having just a gold horseshoe felt a little plain to me. I've seen it a lot before. And having just a 4-leaf clover with the horseshoe reminded me too much of Uncle Lucky, so I decided to add in the dice too.
>>
>>27617791
I haven't seen a golden horseshoe. Not on a cyoa pone anyways.
>>
>>27617853
Well not exactly golden, but just horseshoes in general through the fics I've read and some people's OCs.
>>
Bump
u m
m u
pmub
>>
>>27605592
>ask for a thread not to be bumped
>the madmen do it anyway
I'll try be back some time this afternoon. Before or around 4:00, like I said before.
>>
>>27619824
Hey, the thread is still young.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.