[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
YOUGETTONAMETHEcyoa 11.5: Seriously hopefully the end now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 3
File: 1465236256879.png (67 KB, 725x710) Image search: [Google]
1465236256879.png
67 KB, 725x710
Catch up on the Quest here: https://www.anonpone.com/longname/

Recap:
We invited Emberspark to the Dinner and visited our family asking them if they were proud of us
>>
Reposting from last thread

>>27589130
>Looking down on the floor you scratch your head with one of your hooves
>Awkwardly ruffling your win- oh right, you don't have those.... ...yet
"You know, I haven't been really as good in school as you might have all wanted to...", you stop, looking at your father
>He just watches you deeply, not moving even so slightly. Your brother is also listening your conversation intensely
"But I want you to know, I always tried my best!", you stand up, almost knocking over the cups of tea on the table
>Once more, you awkwardly scratch your head, trying to find your words
"What I want to say is, well.... are you proud of me?", your immediately shake and grow smaller, avoiding eye contact with either
>2 hooves grabbing you from behind and pulling you close make you let out a high pitched "Eeeep!"
>And from in front of you, your father joins into the cuddle pile
>"Etherbreeze, sweetheart..... we never and I mean ABSOLUTELY NEVER have not been proud of you, just look at what you have become"
>He then cocks his head, "why would you even have to ask that? We love you after all"
>You feel like crying, your eyes getting wet, you embrace the two of them
>Is there anything you want to do? Time seems to be getting a bit short, the dinner is soon
>>
>>27596584
cry
>>
>>27589602
>>27596845
>Shaking your head you finish up the hug before giving your dad a small peck on his cheek
"Thanks dad, I really feel a lot better now.", you say as wiping away some of the tears that stream out of your eyes
>He just nods at you gives you a pat on the shoulder, "I'm glad...", is the only thing he says
>Your brother jumps in to hug you once again, "it's almost time for your dinner, isn't it? I'll miss you, sis", his voice is filled with sadness
>He lets you go shortly after though and you make your way over to the door as they both wave at you
>"I'll wish you best of luck with the dinner, sweetheart!", your dad calls after you as he wipes what might just be liquid pride away
"Thanks dad! Give mom my apologies, please!", you shout as you head out of the door and close it, quickly making your way down the stairs and out the hotel
>You trot a few steps but a voice makes you stop immediately... and freeze up
>"Etherbreeze! Etherbreeze, wait!", you barely believe your ears
>But turning your head, it is, in fact, your mother galloping down the stairs, running up to you
>Quite honestly, you are absolutely confused now
>The mare quickly makes her way over to you, completely exhausted even though it was just a rather short distance
>She walks over to a bench and gestures you to follow
>Doing as she asks, you sit down next to her, waiting for her to explode at you in a few moments
>But there's no rage, the word she speaks next are far more powerful: "E-etherbreeze, I am so sorry..."
>Her head falls into her hooves, tears streaming down her face
>You never saw your mother this... vulnerable
>What do you do?
>>
>>27596858
Hug.
>>
>>27596858
Tell her we're sorry and that we forgive her.
>>
>>27596905
>>27596957
>You know what to do almost immediately and nudge yourself closer to your mother
>Wrapping her arms around her comfortably, she lays her head on your shoulder
>The salty liquid streams down through your fur as the other mare keeps sobbing
>Patting her back, you try to comfort her to the best of your abilities
"I-it's alright", you begin and you feel her drag you closer to her, her grip on you tightening as the sobs increase in intensity
>You lay your own head on hers, stroking her mane the way you expected your mother to do when you were young
>To your surprise, it actually seems to have an effect, the crying becoming less and less by the moment
>Your mother releases you soon after, looking in your eyes as you look back
>Hers are puffy and red you note, she must have been crying before she came down here
>"I am so sorry, for everything. All this time I wronged you and... and I-", you cut her off with one of your hooves to her mouth
"It's ok, I forgive you", you tell her with a smile, to which she first reacts completely confused but soon her own face turns into a small smile
>"All these years I thought you were the reason for everything wrong in my life", she starts out
>She sobs once more, "but after our last conversation I-.... I realized I was jealous. All my life I was jealous on how your father treated you with all his love"
>"I am sorry, for all the years of grief and pain I brought you, how could I ever make this up to you?", she seems to be about to break out into tears once more
>What do you say or do?
>>
>>27597127
>how could I ever make this up to you
You just did. This was all I ever wanted.

Goddamn, we're doing pretty good in the flashback.
[X] Don't ruin Emberspark's life.
[X] Work on our relationship with our folks.
[X] Etherwing hates us to preserve the timestream.

Things still to do in the future:
[ ] Try to fix our relationship with Etherwing that we apparently haven't been working on in the intervening years.
[ ] Get wings.
>>
>>27597127

give a hug.
>>
>>27597205
>>27597363
>Again you drag her into a another deep hug and let your own tears flow freely
>She follows suit and also starts to cry that metaphorical river
"Mom..... you already made it up to me... this is all I ever wanted", you cry into her shoulder
>And then you shudder as you feel a hoof touch your back ready for any kind of violence
>Which, quite fortunately but to your surprise, does not come
>Instead she strokes your back with the care of a true mother
>It feels marvelous and for the first time in ages you feel relived to be in your mother's direct vicinity
>But you know that you have to part quite soon, time is running short as the sun touches the sky's horizon
>Any last words to your mother before you go?
>>
>>27597551
Just I love you.
>>
>>27597569
This.
>>
>>27597615
>>27597569
>You feel like there aren't any more words that need to be said between the two of you
>Thus, you disengage from your mothers loving embrace
"Mom, I want you to know.... no, I HAVE you to know that... I love you", you tell her with a smile
>She smiles back at you, this must be the first time you see her genuinely be happy
>Slowly, you turn around and walk down the street, back to pick up your exam partner
>A last glance back reveals your mother waving at you, still the happy grin of a school filly on her face
>As the soon vanishes behind the horizon, you feel the air slowly getting colder and colder
>The streets have a lot less ponies than they did earlier as well
>It is soothing to say the least and soon you arrive at the entrance of the infirmary
>Emberspark is already waiting, sitting in a nice looking wheelchair
>"Etherbreeze, I waited for you, can we go see the princess now?", he is overly giddy
>And you think you are read-
>Oh no, this is a formal dinner with a princess! You should have some kind of gift for her, shouldn't you?
>Or maybe not, she invited you after all
>What would you even get her?
>>
>>27597728
We're already short on time I think we'll be ok if we don't bring one.

Kinda looking forward to how Emberspark will act. It'll be fun.
>>
>>27597728
Books!
>>
>>27597728
It's a dinner that we were invited to on less than a day's notice. I seriously doubt she is expecting a gift.

I doubt every other student bought Twilight a gift on the off chance that there would be a surprise announcement of a dinner with royalty for the best student in the practicum.
>>
>>27597812
>>27597825
>>27597829
>You dismiss that thought quickly since you doubt that she'd expect a gift with less than a day's notice
>Quickly taking over Emberspark's wheelchair, you push him through the halls and out of the campus
>The entire time the two of you making small talk, talking about your childhood, friends, hobbies
>Turns out that the colt's mom is actually quite a well known performer but she had a bad reputation in the beginning
>He also tells you that he traveled a lot as a child, before it became apparent how gifted he was
>In turn, you tell him about how you grew up as the only unicorn in cloudsdale
>Or how the tattoos got you laughed at quite a lot, but they have always been one of your biggest prides
>...Unless you had wings of course, then those would take the spot
>On your way to the castle, you actually get past a small bookshop which you quickly enter, purchasing a book about arcane theories by Starswirl the Bearded
>Getting it wrapped right there you pay a bit of money and move on quickly, time pressing
>You arrive shortly after that, a few of the guards leading the two of you into a small ballroom
The alicorn greets you at the door and leads you in, the table already set
>And Tulip and Oswald are already here, greeting you with a hug!
>The other participants of the dinner are 2 pegasi, 2 earth ponies and another unicorn
>Princess Celestia and Princess Luna smile warmly at you from the other end of the table as well
>How would you like to greet them? Or what do you want to do?
>>
>>27598081
Engage noble training and offer a deep bow to the princesses.
>>
>>27598081
>2 pegasi, 2 earth ponies and another unicorn
What about the rest of the ponies from the practicum?
>>
You know what time it is, pausing here, feedback, questions?
>>
>>27598081
Greet Twilight first. She is our host and we should thank her and give her the present. Next greet the pegusi. See if either of them are someone you know from Cloudsdale. Random order for the remaining three, unless any of them look eager to say hi first.

>>27598130
They weren't the best students at the practicum. We were.
>>
>>27598281
Then who are these guys? Are they reporters?
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 813x606) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 813x606
>>27598301
Twilight's entourage.
>>
>>27598163
I love you.
>>
!bump
>>
>>27600702
>>
>>27599873
See >>27600702.
>>
>>27598301
>how dense can one person be - the post
>>
>>27602680
Anyone can have a brain fart, anon. Cut him some slack.
>>
>>27598281
>>27598129
>This is one of these situations your parents have trained you for years
>Going down into a deep bow you lower your head: "It is such an honor to be invited to dine in your presence"
>Celestia just starts giggling after hearing that, "oh, the honor is all ours. No need to be so formal though, I already told your two friends as well"
>Emberspark is quite giddy and announces that "The great and powerful Emberspark appreciates the chance to eat with the princesses"
>A few genuine giggles all around in response show you that they don't seem to mind his attitude
"Oh, that's right, princess, I got this for you!", you hold out the packaged book which the alicorn eagerly picks up with her magic
>And she unwraps it like a school filly, "A book by Starswirld the Bearded! Oh I always love another one in his series!", she announces while hopping from one hoof to another
>She regains her composure quickly though and takes on a more royal demeanor: "Oh, I almost forgot, these are my friends"
>Moving her hoof to each one she introduces them as the other 5 elements of harmony and they each greet you in turn
>"So, Etherbreeze", Princess Luna speaks up, "I heard of your marvelous feat at the practicum, may I inquire about your experience?"
>What do you say?
>>
>>27604519
A dualcast spell misfired and became a hungry spell. I stopped it before it got out of control.
>>
>>27604519
>our experience
It was unpleasant and it felt like having a giant chunk of magic forcibly dragged through our soul. Not something I am eager to repeat.
>>
>>27604785
>>27604856
"It was.... unpleasant to say the least", you begin to admit, "feeling like a chunk of magic forcefully gets ripped out of your body, ....from your mind even"
>"So, it was dark magic?", Luna immediately replies, staring right at, if not right into you
>A few beads of sweat start forming in your forehead, but luckily your fur conceals that
"N-no!", you quickly answer the curious moon princess, "it was just... a hungry spell, getting out of control you know?"
>Another few moments of dead silence fill the room before Luna nods, stopping her glare at you
>"Then, my child, I shall believe you. You wouldn't lie to a Princess, now would y-", she is cut off by Celestia
>"Sister, this unicorn did something truly remarkable today, please go easy on her. I believe she is quite exhausted."
>All eyes go between the three of you, but then Luna nods once more, "I am sorry, young Etherbreeze, please sit with us. What would you like to eat?"
>Tulip tells you that she already ordered a mix of fruit and Oswald chose a Hay Burger
>Emberspark decides on Apples dipped into Caramel
>What do you want? And who would you like to talk with about what, if you want to talk at all?
>>
>>27605015
Let our friends lead the conversation. We're exhausted at this point.

Order something spicy.
>>
>>27605015
Now's our chance. Ask if there is any way the princesses know of a non-pegasus getting wings, other than becoming an alicorn. Just out of curiosity.
>>
>>27605134
Something spicy, it definitely needs to be something hot!
"Hmmm, surprise me! As long as it is something spicy, everything is fair game", you proclaim
>"Very well then, our food should be done in a bit", Twilight tells the participants of the dinner
>Most of them settle down into conversation with their table neighbors but some just listen
>Actually, this might be your chance! Luckily you sit next to Princess Twilight and she doesn't seem to be talking to anyone
"Princ- I mean, Twilight? Got a bit of a... question here... a personal one", she turns her head to you, raising an eyebrow
>You are slightly uncomfortable, but you ask her anyways: "Is there... any recording of non-pegasus getting wings?"
>The princess just looks at her back before giggling
>And you start to flush bright red, mumbling: "N-not like, I mean I-.... I meant not an alicorn"
>Twilight can't hold back and breaks out in laughter, "It's alright Etherbreeze. The answer to your question is yes, actually..."
>"For example there are spells to give you temporary wings, Rarity had a pair of those before", she points over to the white unicorn who just smiles and waves back
>"But there is also a recorded instance of a unicorn completely giving up her magic in order to become a Pegasus for her lover, it is so romantic", Fluttershy tells you from across the table all of a sudden
>What do you do or say?
>>
>>27605355
I need this story. Tell me, please.
>>
>>27605355
Oh? Could you tell me the story?
>>
>>27605399
>>27605549
>You almost jump up from your chair in anticipation, "Oh please tell me!"
>Fluttershy shys back just slightly from your outburst but she quickly nods and smiles again
>"Well, there were these 2 families", she begins, putting a hoof on her face
>"I think it was a noble Pegasus family and a unicorn from Canterlot! I can't remember where they met each other, but they feel deeply in love"
>The story sounds slightly familiar to you, it must have been one of your childhood stories, but you just keep listening
>"The Pegasus' parents hated the unicorns though and so they made him an offer: Get wings and he can marry their daughter"
>The pegasus is swooning by now, she really seems to like these kind of stories
"And what happened then! Tell me I NEED to know", you stress and clearly beg
>"Oh, of course. He went off through the lands and far and wide and then... he got his wings and married the Pegasus, they lived happily ever after!"
>Your ears fall flat, this did not help you at all! How did he get his wings?!
"Are you sure you can't remember what he did to get those wings?", you feel like you are about to cry
>"I... I am sorry, I can't remember, I only know he sacrificed himself! I am so sorry dear", Fluttershy's head drops
>All of a sudden, a voice from behind makes you all perk up: "Dinner is ready!"
>A red stallion with green hair enters the room with a tray with all kinds of foods which he carefully places in front of the dinner guests
>As he places your food down, he winks at you: "Pollo con mole, you must be another spice connoisseur! Great choice!"
>Moving on, he finishes and leaves the room and you all start to eat
>Another voice from behind you makes you stop immediately though and your blood freezes
>"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?!", a voice yells at you, but nobody reacts
>And you turn around to see Etherwing's angry face directly in front of yours
>"HOW COULD YOU STEAL MY CUTIEMARK YOU BITCH?!"
>What do you do?
>>
Stopping here, go ahead and discuss what you answer Etherwing

Also want to ask your opinion on the quest until here since tomorrow is probably gonna be the final session
>>
>not even a single response
wew lad
>>
>>27605706
I think the quest is ok, but needs more players
>>
>>27605685
We can't speak with her, not here. Politely as possible excuse ourself from the table and got to the restroom. We may address her there.

>>27605706
I think you're done away with any conflict (except this here of course), raped nearly all characterizations, and gone the way of "Hey! Whatadaya know, it all worked out!" for the sake of expediting the process of getting this the fuck over with. Can't say I blame you but it is what it is.
>>
File: paradox detected.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
paradox detected.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>27607120
Since somebody has started pointing out glaring flaws already I'll just add my two bits.

> Afterwards, Twilight took the top five pairs plus you (Emberspark was too busy being humiliated for his failure to make it six pairs) for a casual chat.
> She was probably also put up to it by the dean, but that's politics.
> Twilight pandered to each of the groups somewhat unenthused, asking them about their spells and how well they knew the theory.
> Also some questions about friends and how they fared at the school.
> Those others had their envy stoked when she actually took interest in you.
> Impressive, she said with actual praise behind the words.
> She talked about how interesting it was to actually see a secondary alignment happen.

Because we left to help Emberspark we never had that chat with Twi and the rest of the students. Also having tea with three princesses and the elements of harmony doesn't sound like "being humiliated for his failure". From my perspective, the only way this can end is as a desecrated corpse or a complete alternate, non-canon, timeline.
>>
>>27607490
I say fuck the canon. Nobody cares anymore.
>>
>>27607614
Alternate timeline quest it is! I expect it to be continued to a proper ending then.
>>
>>27605706
>Stopping here, go ahead and discuss what you answer Etherwing
What >>27607120 said about excusing yourself for the bathroom.

>Also want to ask your opinion on the quest until here since tomorrow is probably gonna be the final session
I think that allowing us to save Emberspark was a good decision because most everyone wanted it and we worked hard to come up with a solution that didn't violate causality. I think that ending the conflict with our mother was a bad decision, though, since we didn't work hard to repair it, and instead it was just handed to us. It felt like it kind of trivialized that relationship a bit to have is solved so easily. Inviting Emberspark along to dinner falls somewhere in the middle. I disagree with >>27607490 on it violating canon just to invite him, since he could still be "humiliated for his failure" by never living this down, but he's got you on forgetting to include the conversation that he mentioned.

7/10, thanks for trying to salvage an unsalvageable trainwreck.
>>
â—‹
>>
I admit that I did kind of just rush the relationship with our mother, both because I want thia flashback to be over with and since the playerbase was pretty damn low at that time so I didn't really felt like bothering you with that
The talk that was mentioned... Yes. I completely forgot that was a thing, but it is too late to retcon now. I don't even know what the context to that part was anymore
>>
>>27611083
>>
bump before writing
>>
>>27607120
>>27607859
>Not here, not now! You can't talk to here here in front of everyone
>Clearing your throat you politely ask to leave the table to visit the bathroom
>"Oh, would you like me to show you where it is? You can get easily lost in a castle this big", Twilight tells you with a smile
>But you decline and instead opt for her to just tell you the direction, Etherwing constantly insulting you from behind
>Making your way out the door as fast but regal as possible, you wipe the sweat from your forehead that has been forming
>Without further ado, you make your way down to the bathrooms which luckily aren't too far away
>All the while trying to ignore Etherwing's constant shouting of profanities at you
>You rush into the room, locking it behind you quickly and turn around to face Etherwing
>"Are you going to answer me now you fucking bitch? How could you take my cutiemark just like that?!", she yells at you, her face morphed into anger and... disappointment?
>What do you do?
>>
>>27613300
I know that you didn't want to give it back, and I'm sorry that I made you do it anyway. I hope that eventually you realize why I made you do it. It was his, not yours, and it was the right thing to do to return it.
>>
>>27613300
Well it looks like you've moved on from depression to anger. That's progress right?
>>
>>27613398
>>27613341
"At least it looks like we're moving on, you went from depression to anger after all!", you can't help but grin
>"You think this is funny to me? All a joke? You know what, FUCK YOU!", she yells out loud, so loud in fact that your ears hurt
>Moments later, the mirror in the bathroom cracks and one of the light bulbs explodes
>Letting out a scream and covering from the sudden rain of glass, you can see a faint glow of what looks to be your magic dissipate
>A hoof stomps in your view and Etherwing looks down on you condescendingly, "So? Anything you got to say about it?"
"I-I know you didn't want to give it b-back", you start to stutter out making Etherwing raise one of her eyebrows in response
>"You knew? And even though you say you know, that didn't stop you from stealing, from violently ripping the cutiemark away from me?"
"I-I thought that... I hope... maybe you'd eventually realize why... and... and it was his not yours, it was the right thing", you try to explain yourself
>Etherwing doesn't seem to want to have any of this and puts a off on your head before pushing down
>"Have you ever, maybe even just a SINGLE moment thought about how that is going to make ME feel? You took the ONE thing that made me ME!"
>Another forceful push almost brings you to tears and you look up
>The Pegasus' eyes are cold and glare at you with pure hatred
>What do you do?
>>
>>27613662
>"You knew? And even though you say you know, that didn't stop you from stealing, from violently ripping the cutiemark away from me?"
"You knew? And even though you say you know, that didn't stop you from stealing, from violently ripping the cutiemark away from Emberspark?"
>>
>>27613729
>"Have you ever, maybe even just a SINGLE moment thought about how that is going to make ME feel? You took the ONE thing that made me ME!"
"Have you ever, maybe even just a SINGLE moment thought about how that is going to make Emberspark feel? You took the ONE thing that made Emberspark Emberspark !"
>>
>>27613729
>>27613745
>You push of Etherwing's hoof from your head, standing up and glaring at her in turn
"And you. You knew how it would feel for Emberspark, didn't you? You did the same thing to him, I'd call that justice", you hiss
>Then you shake your head: "Heck, you took what made him actually him. And you say you're the victim he-?"
>A stinging pain in your face makes you go silent as you slowly raise your hoof to your cheek in disbelief and rub over it
>Etherwing is panting heavily now, one of her hooves in the air and seemingly ready for another strike
>"I think you are not getting the bigger picture here. Emberspark was still Emberspark after this, but I...."
>Tears form in her eyes and her whole body is trembling now, the hoof in the air shaking
>"WITHOUT THAT CUTIEMARK, I AM NOTHING MORE BUT A CHEAP COPY, A RIPOFF OF YOU!", she yells into your face
>The water in her eyes now flows freely again and she sits down on her haunches, still breathing quite quickly
>"This cutiemark... it finally gave me something unique. I was something different! And you stole that, turned me back into that knockoff of a Loony Unicorn!"
>She tries to hit you with another punch but misses by a wide margin. Still though, your cheek still stings from the earlier strike
>What do you do?
>>
>>27613959
You are still your own pony, not a copy of me. Trust me, that should be obvious.

And again, I am sorry that I made you give it back. I had to make you do it, though. It was the just thing to do.
>>
>>27613959
You are special Etherwing. You... in a way, are everything I wish I was. You know that.
>>
>>27614019
>>27614134
"W-what are you saying? Etherwing, you are your own pony, far from a copy of me as a matter of fact", you try to comfort her, but aren't getting too close
>She shys back though as you continue, "you are... special.... to me you are everything that I ever wanted to be!
>"THAT'S EXACTLY IT. I AM NOTHING BUT A DREAM OF SOME STUPID TRANSPEGASUS. That's even worse than being a copy as a matter of fact"
>Her crying just intensified now and she is falling together into a cowering mess
>You note that the tattoos on your body seemingly heat up and emit a light blue glow that pulses like a heartbeat
>Taking a few careful steps in her direction, you lie down next to her and begin to stroke her back in a calming matter
>Her sobbing doesn't stop unfortunately and you feel like crying yourself now
>"....why?", she asks all of a sudden, looking directly at you with red and puffy eyes
"I had to make you give it back, it was the right thing to do after all", you tell her in a calmly manner
>Immediately she stops crying and with a neutral face she looks at you
>"Are you trying to kid me here? Made me do it? You didn't even asks", she states with a slight bit of hostility towards you
>"You just took it and left the rest of me behind. You didn't even give me a choice. And now you have the nerve to lie to me about that too, you fucking bitch?"
>>
>>27614269
Making you give it back implies no choice. That wasn't a lie and that it was also the right thing to do was also true. Just like taking it in the first place was the right thing to do. That was to save lives. By keeping it we'd only taint what we did. Beyond a means of being unique, what did that cutiemark mean to you?
>>
>>27614358
"Making you give it back implies no choice in the matter", you blankly state, which seems to enrage her even further
>Your markings now flash with a bright blue quite rapidly, almost in sync with Etherwing's breath
>"THAT IS NOT WHAT I WAS ASKING. You just took it from me, without even TALKING to me first"
>"And now? You hide your failure behind a lie. Made you do it, that's the most laughable thing I heard all day", she glares right at you, "too bad that I don't feel like LAUGHING"
>With that second outburst the remaining lamps explode and another shower of glass rains down on you
>But you don't flinch this time, the sharp pieces falling down all around you and they almost seem like little stars in the dark
>The only illumination of the room that's left is now your glowing body and the twinkling crystals all around you
"Etherwing", you calmly state, "what exactly does a cutiemark mean to you?"
>"That's easy", she replies, "it shows your destiny and is part of who you are, forming your personality and expressing it at the same time. But what does that have to do with anything?"
>>
>>27614632
>it shows your destiny and is part of who you are, forming your personality and expressing it at the same time
Okay, then you should have your own mark, since you are your own pony. Not my mark or Ember's mark. And look, you do. Feather with a lightning bolt.
>>
>>27614632
"Then you should have your own Mark", you explain to her, "not mine, not Emberspark's, yours. Oh and would you look at that"
>You point directly onto her flank, "Lightning Bolt. Feather. Your Cutiemark, if I am not mistaken?"
>Her reaction to that surprises you though, as she just begins to laugh quite loudly, "that thing?"
>She points back onto her own ass and the mark slowly fades a way. "A fake. I put that on there to at least pretend I am not a cheap copy"
>Etherwing's face falters once more and the mark reappears once again. "It is still laughable that you don't want to admit to yourself how terrible you are.... that you are a failure, Etherbreeze. A true failure"
>Her malicious grin widens considerably, almost to a point you would call it unnatural.
>"And you know what? From now on, I'll remind you off that. Everyday, Every moment of your life, I will be there to tell you that you are a true failure", she threatens
>With a laugh she tells you: "I'll make you feel as miserable as you make me feel from this day on"
>What do you respond?
>>
>>27614867
Etherwing, please don't be that way. I'm sure we can find out something for you, together. Stealing a cutiemark and spiting me isn't going to solve anything.
>>
>>27614867
So your going to make us feel miserable out of spite just because we didn't let you have a fake cutiemark? It was fake, it wasn't YOUR mark. it had no value other than a way of saying you weren't us. Rather than earning your own that shows your destiny and is part of who you are, forming your personality and expressing it at the same time you decided to take all of that from somebody else and call it your own when it did nothing more for you than that mark you already have while also ruining somebody elses life.
>>
>>27614867
>I am going to taunt you forever
Oh, goody. We have achieved temporal compliance.

Say what >>27614950 and >>27614914 said, even though we know she won't be convinced. This is something we have to fix in the future, with the handicap of having ignored it for like a year and a half.
>>
>>27615076
>Oh, goody. We have achieved temporal compliance.
We've already reached an alternate timeline. Maintaining a single conflict won't fix anything.
>>
>>27615104
Oh right, the conversation after the practicum. You could actually argue most of the rest either way to make it fit, but yeah, that one counts as violating causality. Still, we're mostly alright.
>>
>>27614914
>>27614950
>>27615076
"Etherwing, please don't be th-", she cuts you off mid sentence, "what, don't be that way, Etherwing? Please don't hate me Etherwing?"
>She is now obviously mocking you, "Oh Etherbreeze I am so sorry for even THINKING of showing you what I feel like right now, how terrible of me"
>Her snarky sarcasm starts to tick you off just slightly. "Listen here", you tell her, "spiting me isn't going to fix anything, same as a fake cutie mark!"
>Snickering into her hooves she looks at you closely
"It was YOU who chose to wear a fake Cutie mark and then steal somepony else's. Maybe you should try finding your own destiny instead of ridiculing me?"
>"Oh, but dearest sister, that is exactly what I am doing. Maybe my destiny is spiting other ponies after all? And after all..."
>She grows serious now, her stare returning to the ice cold daggers that you saw in the beginning of the conversation
>"...after all, I want you to know exactly how I feel. And I will remind you of how terrible I feel for the rest of your life. So long, sister, until we meet next time"
>With that, she just disappears in the blink of an eye from your view
>And just a moment later, the door bursts open, a panicked princess Twilight entering: "Etherbreeze, is everything OK? I heard you scream and the door didn't open..."
>She is looking at the glass shards all around you. "What happened, is everything alright with you?"
>You just nod, even if you don't think anything is alright at all
>Twilight begs you to follow and the two of you leave the room. A final look back you think you saw Etherwing grinning at you from the dark corner, her eyes glowing an unnatural color
>>
And with that, it's over.

I am sorry for being such a failure and taking up+ruining your beloved quest, I'll show myself out
>>
>>27615151
The hungry spell damaged our tattoos and we need to remove them now.
>>
>>27615155
That was kind of abrupt. No chance of it continuing a bit longer?
>>
>>27615181
Why are you trying to kill Etherwing?
>>
>>27615182
It's finally over, OP ruined the quest enough, anon
He can go fuck himself by the way, Pink at least gave us quality. This was just SAD
>>
>>27615190
She has declared herself our eternal enemy and refuses to discuss the matter any further. We'll be screwed over either way, but we currently have an excuse that'll cover what we did, maintain everything we gained, and make us look even more heroic. She wins our misery either way, at lest we can't be called crazy any more and our status will be maintained. We'd just loose a sister..
>>
>>27615225
the quest is over you retard
>>
>>27615213
Shut up Wolvan.
>>
>>27615213
Well that's just like your opinion, man.
>>
>>27615236
There's enough room left for one more action.
>>
>>27615155
You got it to a conclusion and I appreciate that. Couldn't have been easy. Thank you.
>>
>>27615264
Stop thanking the guy who drove away the good QM and gave us this trash in return. What are you, retarded?
>>
>>27615283
This
>>
>>27615283
See >>27615242.
I get that you didn't like it.
Some of us did.
>>
>>27615385
That guy is right you know. At least pink had coherent writing and a story going. Pink also didn't destory ever personality that has been built up at this point. How can you even defend that without feeling guilty
>>
>>27615418
Because he gave us a cyoa and not a greentext.
>>
>>27615445
Felt more like a greentext to me desu.
>>
>>27615466
Desu?
>>
>>27615477
T b h
>>
>>27615418

Pink had a special snowflakes setting, and a story built upon a bed of lies.

The character we thought we were playing wasn't even the same.
Sure he had personalities. The problem was that they were all pretty shit, and there was basically no fun involved.

It was a dry and uninteractive greentext, like one of those edgy ones that goes on too long and people only keep reading because they hope the author realizes his flaws and makes the story take at least ONE engaging or interesting turn.

QM # 2 gave us a godamn cyoa, something we wanted from the beginning. We went off the rails, we saved Emberspark, we patched up the relationship with our parents.
We made a fucking difference in the story.
And you know what? It was fun. Maybe it was inconsistent, maybe it had some issues, but I don't care.

It's meant to be interactive horse fiction. It isn't meant to go into a museum or be judged critically for years to come, it's meant to be fun for people to play.

And it was.
So fuck off Anon. I don't care what sort of grudge you hold against Wolvan. You're literally just shitposting, and on any other day, I would call this bait.

But today is the day Longname ended. And I want it to be known, that I enjoyed it.
>>
Anyone wants some proper post-longname discussion instead of replying to shitposting?

What did you like? What didn't you like? What could have Wolvan done that Pink did to make it better?

What other questions do you come up with?
>>
>>27615521
My opinion is the exact opposite. Wolvan's felt like it was on rails, especially in regards to conflict resolution, and Pink's felt more free. The only point in Pink's that I noticed rails was when everybody chased him away over not running to Emberspark's aid. It turns out we didn't even need to in regards to canon and it would only make an unnecessary risk to the MC. I enjoyed Pink a lot more.
>>
>>27615731
Pink was better. That is a fact.
Wolvan being an absolute retard with no clue of what he was doing is another undisputable fact
>>
Wolvan and conflict resolution.

Emberspark:
>Etherbreeze: Where the princess of magic could do nothing, we have the power to cure you!
>Everybody: Yay!
And nobody will ever asks any questions.

Mother:
>Mom: Wah, wah, I'm sorry.
>Etherbreeze: Wah, wah, I'm sorry to.
>Both: Hugs.
And they lived happily ever after.

Twilight:
>Luna: you used dark magic!
>Everybody: Shut up!
Why did she even say anything? Our problem was with Twi.

Etherwing:
>Etherwing: I shall go bat-shit insane and I'm not going to listen to you anymore while making your life a living hell and there's nothing you can do about it!
>Etherbreeze: Okay.
Even though there was a response to it, but Wolvan had already run away.
>>
>>27615521
>>27615731
Both of your opinions are valid.
This is a matter of personal taste.
We're allowed to disagree with each other.
>>
Do you think Pink might come back or is Longname well and truly dead now? Think he'd start a new quest?
>>
>>27616800
It's over, anon.
>>
>>27616900
Asking out of curiosity, not desire.
>>
Last for I enjoyed getting closure.
>>
>>27618153
The closure was shit and then OP just runs away like that. Anon please, how can that be enjoyable
>>
>>27615155
Thank you Wolvan. I strongly appreciate you delivering. <3

I look forward to your other quests, this was fun.
>>
:^)
>>
(^:
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.