[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did no one just talk Rarity out of entering the competition?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: beautiful wings.png (247 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
beautiful wings.png
247 KB, 1280x720
Why did no one just talk Rarity out of entering the competition?
>>
>>27595849
Because then there would be no episode.
>>
...I swear this exact same thread happened a few weeks ago...
>>
>>27595862
It did, OP is reposting because he's experienced the brief but oh so sweet taste of actual show discussion.
>>
>>27595862
>>27595871
half of it derailed into "S1 is shit" and "no S3+ is shit" so why not try again
>>
Is it just me or are we getting more discussion threads from S1 episodes rather than recent ones.

Wonder if that's an indication of anything.
>>
>>27595882
Recent episodes are discussed when they premiere, and threads based on memorable content or scenes from those episodes linger in the weeks following. It's also fun to go way back and look at old episodes and discuss them or bring up oddities/questions about them for nostalgia purposes.

Perosnally, I haven't sat down and rewatched an entire season since Season 2. Back in 2012 they had that "Ultimate Brony Challenge" on YouTube where it was all the episodes in one video. That was the last time I rewatched a season. I have yet to rewatch Seasons 3, 4, or 5, so I can't remember anything from those episodes to really discuss.

And yes, I do think it's easier to discuss Season 1 episodes because of their simplicity. There wasn't a whole bunch of continuity and lore build-up that you have to keep in mind when discussing newer episodes. Otherwise you might ask a question and someone will be like "No, don't you remember this happened in Episode X and also in Episode Y" and then you're like "Oh yeah I forgot" and that's the end of it.
>>
>>27595882
I've been lurking all week, and that's not true seeing the amount of threads the last episode generated.
But it's a good things older seasons aren't forgotten.

Also to be fair season 1 has the biggest number of plotholes.
Not that I care or anything, just saying.
>>
>>27595849
we already had this thread.

they tried. shes a selfish asshole.
>>
>>27595921
Also, earlier season episodes seem, hmm, "safer" to discuss. Most people don't harp on S1 and S2 like they do newer episodes. You try to discuss something from an episode in Season 3 or beyond and you're more likely to get responses like "Because shit writing" and "Because Hasbro." And I don't think I need to tell you that trying to discuss Equestria Girls, even in a serious and thought-out manner, is going to garner the ">eqg >mattering at all" replies.
>>
>>27595944
I don't think Rarity's a selfish asshole...
I think she's one of the nicest ponies of the mane 6
>>
File: image.jpg (235 KB, 1225x851) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235 KB, 1225x851
BECAUSE IS A FUCKING CARTOON
You dumb fuck, stop reposting this shitty thread already
>>
>>27595944
>they tried
No they didn't
>>
>>27595975
GENEROSITY
>>
File: 7247245.png (703 KB, 1171x675) Image search: [Google]
7247245.png
703 KB, 1171x675
>>27596153
>No they didn't
yes, they did.
12:05
>>
>>27596533
No, they didn't.

Twilight tells her to put her wings away, but that's before Rarity even says she's entering the competition.
>>
Because it's Rarity.
>>
>>27596497
And what?
>>
>>27596830
Ok Anon
>>
>>27596830
holy shit Anon! how goes life in equestria you lucky bastard? i read about you shenanigans in greens all the time!
>>
File: S1e3b_Peepers_on_Wander's_back.jpg (159 KB, 1365x768) Image search: [Google]
S1e3b_Peepers_on_Wander's_back.jpg
159 KB, 1365x768
>>27595849
That ignorant problem has been prevalent since episode 1. It's a really teasing and hypocritical kind of problem that makes the writers and characters come off as retarded.

Twilight keeps (subtly) telling the ponies to fuck off because there's a giant darkness God on the prowl and the idiots nothing, the idiots stay idiots.

In Suited For Success it's even worse. The mane6 stand there silent for about 30 seconds unable to concisely express what their fucking problems are with the dresses.

Again same problem in Dog and Pony Show. Rarity doesn't outsmart and outmaneuver the dogs, she simply bitches, moans, yawns, cries till they dogs get tired of her shit and give her away. Which makes no fucking sense even in a children's cartoon. Rarity should have got her little rump beaten up by a belt like every obnoxious bratty child gets educated.

Owls That Ends Well. The mane5 tell Twilight that Spike is feeling put away, and Twilight nothing, she stubbornly denies it with her shit-eating pony smile(TM). At some point she actually thinks of replacing Spike with a fucking owl, a really boring, retarded, autistic owl. Because the Owl is doing a better job than Spike. Spike instead of appreacting no longer being treated like a slave(assistants do not do menial labors) he instead willingly wants to be a slave like a dumb cunt.

The logic in this show is screwed up. The morality and standards in this show are ass-backwards and masochistic as hell.
Even the intro scene suffers from this: Luna turns into the villain and Celestia's response is to magically trap her permanently in the moon. Then Celestia instead of freeing Luna herself, sends Twilight and 5 random shits.
I'd expect this kind of lol-funny-destiny writing out of a cheap shit like Dreamworks.

Bunch of cowardly, half-assed, hypocritical, faked, worst, dumbest, degenerate writing I've ever seen in a children's cartoon. It doesn't even feel like a children's cartoon if it preaches immorality and being shallow.
>>
>>27597419
I think you are really pushing it way too far.
But I do agree that this kind of stuff is what made me worried when I first seen the show.

But the episodes not resorting in complex lore is what makes MLP so great, even in season 1

Then season 2 and up are trying to leverage this aforementioned problem.
Season 5 is actually very close to the best writing I've seen in children shows.

And I do watch a lot of them.

I always compare MLP to Dr Who.
They have the same kind of problems and inconsistent writing.
But the sheer enjoyability of the whole show make it worth it.
>>
>>27595849
Why did no one just talk Faust out of not making Rarity the element of generosity?
>>
>>27595849
Faust never would have allowed this. Death to McCarthy!
>>
Someone in the last thread said there was no reason for Rarity to pull out, but I don't really see that being true given this was Dash's dream
>>
>>27595849
Why didn't Dash simply cut her wings off early?
>>
>>27598013
>there was no reason for rarity to pull out, but I don't really see that being true given this was dash's dream
So Dash DIDNT want Rarity to cum inside her?
>>
>>27598785
Rarity raped Rainbow Dash!!!
>>
>>27596813
>>27596533
where you at I'm calling you out senpai
>>
>>27597419
>The mane6 stand there silent for about 30 seconds unable to concisely express what their fucking problems are with the dresses.
What? Are you autistic? Clearly they were trying not to hurt Rarity's feelings, which is what anyone in the real world would do.
>>
>>27595882
Doubt it really is desu
>>
>>27595926
>that's not true seeing the amount of threads the last episode generated.
Well that's a given really, I think he meant in terms of past Seasons, it's more the earlier ones he's seeing threads for
>>
>>27596813
so you think rarity thinks "put your wings away, were supposed to be helping rainbow dash" doesnt apply to her wanting to enter the competition?

either shes completely dense or a selfish bitch.
>>
>>27597888
Did Faust really not want Rarity to be the element of Generosity? What was her proposed element?
>>
File: 1427886232428.png (208 KB, 470x524) Image search: [Google]
1427886232428.png
208 KB, 470x524
>>27602025
>doesnt apply to her wanting to enter the competition?
Of course it doesn't, because her entering the competition wasn't even in the equation at that point. That was simply to do with her showing off her wings and getting carried away.
Sure, the end result of that was her entering the competition, but I don't think that counts as telling her not to enter or talking her out of it. She never expressed desire to enter prior, only when it was mentioned did it spark her interest and that was after Twilight spoke to her
>>
>>27602183
>stop showing off, were here to help dash with her competition
>doesnt extend to the competition itself
how does your mental gymnastics work? how do you consider it okay for her to show off in an official competition her friend is entering when she was already asked to stop showing off in public because she was suppsoed to be helping her friend with said competition?
>>
>>27602315
I'm not saying it's OK.
I'm saying Twilight warning her before she even considered the competition is not the same as talking her out of entering the competition, as is the point in the OP
>>
>>27602352
she already declined to help dash in favor of showing off, she then decided to enter the competition to show off more.

what makes you think she would have been talked out of it? she had already put her own vanity ahead of her friends needs. theres no reason to assume she wouldnt continue to do so.
>>
>>27602362
It's more why didn't they seem to try, showing off her wings and entering the competition are two very different things. The latter potentially having far more adverse effects than the former, which has little
>>
>>27596837
I'M HERE TO SHOW ALL THAT
I CAN GIVE
>>
>>27602132

https://twitter.com/fyre_flye/status/312634060839215104

Inspiration. They didn't think kids would get a relatively complex concept, so generosity it is.
>>
>>27603545
still waiting for the element of forgiveness to be made. its kind of essential for friendship.
>>
>>27595862
There was some conspiracy theory thread back on /co/ about it.About Masha and medved.
>>
>>27603758
You what?
>>
>>27597983
>McCarthy!
What's she doing these days?
>>
>>27595967
>Most people don't harp on S1 and S2 like they do newer episodes
That's because those episodes actually were better written.

And now the memers will come out to tell me I'm wrong.
>>
File: dp.jpg (265 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
dp.jpg
265 KB, 2048x1152
>>27605665
Who fucking cares?
>>
>>27605686
That's stupid...
This show always had bad and good episodes from the get go.
Just watch it instead of relying on you biased memory.

And as a matter of fact, if you really were there in 2012, you wouldn't say that.
Remember some episodes like the Maredowell one?
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-09+at+05.07.01).png (12 KB, 647x108) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-09+at+05.07.01).png
12 KB, 647x108
>>27605665
Working on the movie.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.