[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone ever notice how Celestia and Luna are the princesses of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
Anyone ever notice how Celestia and Luna are the princesses of celestial bodies and Twilight and Cadance are of virtues or emotions? Does this mean something? Or is it just a coincidence?
>>
I can';t believe I have to share this Ethiopian competitive-eating imageboard with people who unironically ask this.

Twilight And Candyass are the Princesses of Marketing. Nothing more.
>>
>>27585463
Celestia and Luna are really the only princesses of Equestria. Cadance is just a diplomat they appointed to oversee the Chrystal Empire when it reemerged and Twilight is one of Celestia's understudies.
>>
They are all princesses of mastering magic, essentially...

Only Celestia and Luna represent the magic needed specifically to raise the sun and moon, only Cadence specifically has the magic of....love? Right? And Twilight specifically the magic of friendship

These things are all essential to life in Equestria, it's not a coincidence it's just that their world works differently than ours since it's MAGIC
>>
>>27585463
Lauren made Celly and Loony as kind of a ying-yang thing.

Hasjew wanted more princesses so they slapped some shit together to create the other two.
>>
>>27585463
>Ethiopian
>competitive-eating
Fucking kek
>>
File: I wonder who was behind this.png (229 KB, 1036x940) Image search: [Google]
I wonder who was behind this.png
229 KB, 1036x940
>>27585481
You mean the Princess of Jewry!
>>
>>27585626
I'm actually not sure at all that Twilight is selling more as a toy with crappy wing, than wingless.
Wings are usually pretty badly made in most of the toys.

It's a backfiring marketing move.
>>
>>27585522
Pretty much this.

If Twilight was really an exon of friendship, she'd be an ambassador or some external relations head, not dicking around in her shiny mansion, or teaching friendship to random ponies.

And Cadence embodies love the same way Malthael embodies death. But since she's in charge of her own kingdom I guess it can be forgiven if she doesn't represent jack shit.
>>
>>27585775
>If Twilight was really an exon of friendship, she'd be an ambassador or some external relations head, not dicking around in her shiny mansion, or teaching friendship to random ponies.

So the best way for the princess of friendship to continue learning about friendship and to spread friendship is....by acting in a position that isn't friendly at all? I wish people would stop applying real world logic to MLP.

"External relations head" is not something that belongs in a My Little Pony cartoon, try G.I. Joe.
>>
>>27585805
>>27585805
>princess of friendship
>needs to keep learning about friendship
That's dumb.

If she were solve other's friendship problems, she would fixing troubled relations between different nations. Isn't that what she ALWAYS does anyway in Ponyville? only this way in a scale that actually betters Equestria as a whole.

Besides, her being an ambassador would be good for the story too. We get to see more about other lands, expanded lore.
>>
>>27585463
opposites. Sun and moon, friendship and love
>>
>>27585463
>The princesses that are 100% shit and only exist because Hasbro hate the show for not being enough of a toy commercial are royalty over things completely different than the ones that exist naturally.
Probably a coincidence.
>>
>>27585463
It's because there are only two noticeably distinct celestial bodies in Earth's sky.
>>
>>27585522
Lauren always intended for Twilight to succeed Celestia, so at the very least Twilight becoming a princess was a given from the start.
>>
>>27585626
>>27585654
And it's still racist!
>>
>>27586157
delet this
>>
File: Shoehorn-800.jpg (67 KB, 800x540) Image search: [Google]
Shoehorn-800.jpg
67 KB, 800x540
>Does this mean something? Or is it just a coincidence?

It means Hasbro gave the writers one of these.
>>
File: 10831891.jpg (74 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
10831891.jpg
74 KB, 640x640
>>27585860
>friendship and love
>opposites
>>
>>27586157
Actually, Lauren wanted the entire Mane 6 to essentially succeed Celest and turn Equestria into a Democracy, with them as the founders. Twilight alone wouldn't be getting her dick sucked and given a free mansion and wings.

I also too don't really understand why Twilight got wings. Can'tdance was probably made so they could reuse the shitty pink Celestia toys, but Twalot probably didn't see any increase in sales.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.