[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Want help!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (191 KB, 941x556) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191 KB, 941x556
Pic related is me right now.

I'm behind in the my little pony comic book series. Issue 33 and 34 are hard to come by. Last con I went too didn't have them. Would like to avoid shipping prices for Celstia knows how many missing issues.

Comics are already so freaking expensive in bulk.

I heard you can buy issues directly from the IDW store. Haven't checked it out yet. Thought I'd stop on an MLP forum first.

Any advice on how to get caught up without going broke.

I have issue 35 and 39 already but can't read them because they both mid arc.
>>
File: 1461941095512.gif (2 MB, 360x213) Image search: [Google]
1461941095512.gif
2 MB, 360x213
>>27577786
Save your money.
>>
>Paying for IDW comics
>>
>>27577842
>>27577900
Okay... It's going to cost me $22 with shipping. What cheaper alternative's do I have.
>>
>>27577960
Yayponies.eu.
>>
>>27577960
yayponies.com you fool
>>
File: 101.jpg (84 KB, 642x1443) Image search: [Google]
101.jpg
84 KB, 642x1443
>>27577786
>Actually paying for IDW comics
>He bought more than one and desires to read more
>>
>>27578096
So much hate.
The comics are pretty good most of the time.
Yes some stories are lame, some can even be considered pretty bad.

But for the most part I enjoyed them.

I got them from the humble book bundle some time ago.
And quite frankly, I just bought them cause it was very very cheap.
And I was curious.

And I was honestly surprised that it wasn't shit!

I've read way worst from big companies with big name super heroes and all that.

And a good number of them are also very well drawn.
>>
yp1.yayponies.no
>>
>>27578206
>The comics are pretty good most of the time.
That's a very strange definition of "Most of the time".

The hate IDW gets is definitely deserved. You have very few artists and writers who care, and those who do try to make their characters the most important thing ever when they're not pushing their agenda or overused meta jokes into it.

>And a good number of them are also very well drawn.
Okay, now I'm convinced you're baiting. The art was good at first, but it's progressively gotten worse.
>>
>>27578266
Yeah, I think they only have one decent artist left and she's completely jaded and hates fans. Everyone else is varying degrees of QUALITY.jpg.
>>
>>27577786
Trade paperbacks or omnibuses are the way to go if you really want physicals. Otherwise individual physicals are going to get expensive fast.
I know the comics look nice when you have them, but why not just download them?

>>27578301
I'm assuming the one good artist you're thinking of is either Hickey or Garbowska, so what's wrong with the other one and Price?
Regardless of how they carry themselves in talking with fans they still have good looking art to me.
>>
>>27578339
My bad, Hickey is good too. Off model and a lot of anime shit, but decent enough. The other good one is Mebberson. Price is just off model as hell all the time, Garbowska just is odd, Fleecs as well, and the less said about Fosgitt the better.
>>
File: Tomoko IRL.jpg (51 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Tomoko IRL.jpg
51 KB, 1024x768
>>27578301
>Yeah, I think they only have one decent artist left and she's completely jaded and hates fans.
Wait, which artist are you talking about? Blake is the one that comes to my mind that's pretty good. Too bad she hasn't been back, probably because they went with another artist who was best buddies with someone instead. I think it was Fosgitt, what a fucking waste.
>>
>>27578353
Oh, right forgot about Mebberson. Price is off model a lot, but I do like his colors and art style. Shame his Spike is as awful as it is.
What about Garbowska do you find odd?
>>
>>27578385
Mebberson is a bitch. Never known someone who said a kind word about her. I've met Blake several times and she's cool. She hinted that she might be working with pony again in the future but couldn't say anything definite.

>>27578387
I don't know who does it, maybe it's Breckel being a colorist or maybe they're sharing lazy drawing tips, but when she does those emoticon eyes that look like a Ditto from Pokemon it's annoying. Used to be just Garbowska too, now Hickey does it I guess. It's like how all of the artists draw Spike's tongue green because Price couldn't be assed to use a reference when he first drew him.
>>
>>27578434
> those emoticon eyes
Fair enough. I met Garbowska at Megacon a little over a week ago and she seemed pretty decent to me. Got a nice looking Marker Pony drawn from her too.
>>
>>27578465
Garbowska can at least be cute, I guess. That descriptor is dangerous to use these days because people call the shit Fosgitt draws "cute" as well. Though I have noticed he gives substantially more of a fuck when he draws con sketches. That plus people overhearing that he really has no passion for the series, it wouldn't surprise me if him being on the comics was just so he could make more con sketch money by saying he's official.
>>
>>27578434
Oh okay, Mebberson, thanks. What's some of the things that have occured, do you know?

Blake seems great, I'd even give the fact that she ships herself with Rarity a big pass because who doesn't want a bit of that Marshmallow?

>Price couldn't be assed to use a reference when he first drew him.
It blows my mind how little these artists seem to do this. You'd imagine if it's your job to write comics based off of an existing cartoon that you'd occasionally watch it to make sure you're getting things right. I'm not saying be a fan, but if I had to write and draw for a Littlest Pet Shop comic, you'd bet your ass I'd make sure I paid attention to the cartoon.
>>
>>27577786

Electronic copies on Yayponies.

Problem solved.
>>
>>27578509
I've only heard anecdotes, but from what I've heard she just gives off a vibe at cons of only being there because she feels like she has to. She doesn't really like being around fans of any kind, unless they're kids I guess. She is morally opposed to doing con sketches and I think she gives some of those away sometimes if she's in a good mood.

>It blows my mind how little these artists seem to do this. You'd imagine if it's your job to write comics based off of an existing cartoon that you'd occasionally watch it to make sure you're getting things right.

Fosgitt openly stated he never watched the cartoon when he got the job. He was so arrogant that he actually didn't even bother to look character designs up in Google or some shit and just drew his own ones, and the writer actually got upset. Oh, but when it came to illegally using clipart because he was lazy, then Google worked just fine.

I've noticed that a lot of the artists actually have the fucking nerve to pass the buck to Hasbro not giving them a style guide. Just the kind of people we're dealing with here I guess.
>>
>>27578562
>She is morally opposed to doing con sketches and I think she gives some of those away sometimes if she's in a good mood.
Jeez, then what's the point of going? Just to sit down because of obligation?

>I've noticed that a lot of the artists actually have the fucking nerve to pass the buck to Hasbro not giving them a style guide.
And I have to call bullshit on them saying that, this is a bit ridiculous. Transformers and GI Joe don't seem to have this problem. If anything, what I suspect is Hasbro gave a style guide to someone at IDW, an editor, or head of department or someone, and the artists just aren't asking for it, and instead just seeing that it isn't on their desk, they assume it doesn't exist.

Another thing is I think a lot of the artists and writers just wish they were doing their own thing instead, and instead of creating stories with established characters, they'd much rather do what they want, because they want to. Hence why there are so many of these flawless OCs that the other characters work around. Like the recent Luna/CMC one was almost insulting considering they were practically secondary characters next to Whitely's OC.

And yeah, there doesn't seem to be any saving grace for Fosgitt at this point. The sooner he goes the better.
>>
>>27578724
She does it because everyone else does and she has to keep up appearances for her corporate contracts I guess.

And it makes sense that they prefer OCs, then they can't be called out for doing it wrong.
>>
>>27577786
What are all the ones you've read.
>>
>>27578505

>That descriptor is dangerous to use these days because people call the shit Fosgitt draws "cute" as well.

Nope, Garbowska draw cute ponies
Fosgitt draw adorables ponies
>>
>>27577900
The only exception I'd say to that is Atomic Robo, which is a fantastic comic.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.