[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Equestria Girls 4th Movie Discusion Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 15
File: 026926314.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
026926314.png
2 MB, 1600x900
What do you hope to see in the 4th upcoming film?

What do you wish would happen in the film?

Do you think the film will be better or worse than its predecessors?

Etc.
>>
shit
>>
Is this going to be the final Equestria Girls film?
>>
It's a straight to Netflix movie, so that kinda worries me
>>
>>27573908 I just want to see some different and cute outfits.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 970x1454) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 970x1454
>>27573940
I bet you'd like to see snowdrop too...
>>
>>27573934
It's coming on netflix first, then premiering on DF a month later.
>>
>>27573958
Still worries me for some reason
>>
>>27573929
Hopefully not.

I need more EG qts in my life.
>>
File: large.jpg (332 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
332 KB, 1000x1000
Goddamnit. I was posting in teh other thread and it was deleted, so I lost all the stuff I was posting. FUCK.

Anyways.

1. A good villain.
FG suffered from lacking a really good and straightforward villain; instead we got a bunch of douches and then twilight turning into a demon at the end for a conclusion. One of RR's biggest strengths was having a very good group of villains who people really liked in the dazzlings.
Don't make Gloriosa some misunderstood walking God mode power being who gets manipulated by someone and turns into a demon at the end like I suspect you're going to do. Either go all in, a villain, or all out.

2. Keep the Plot TIGHT. Know what you want to do and (shia leboufe voice) DO IT.
One of the biggest problems with FG was that it was a giant walking mass of plot tumors; there was like 4 different plots the Staff wanted to do (The shadowbolts as foils to the M6, Sunset wanting to go home, Twilight and cinch, the sports games, ect.) and half of it conflicted with each other or was pointless, yet they didn't know what to cut!
as such, it ended up being a massive group of shaggy dog stories that more or less just tried to wrap everything up and wow everyone into ignoring all its problems by throwing a DBZ fight at the audience at the end, and that just didn't cut it.
KNOW what you want to do, and do it well.
RR didn't have the strongest plot, but it knew what it wanted to do and WENT WITH IT. The battle of the bands was relevent to the villains and their plot, there wasn't a bunch of random characters who were pointless, and they kept it nice and condensed.
3. Better songs. FG was a huge step down from RR. I know its hard to top RR given its musical nature, but put a little more effort into it, eh?

4. SWIMSUITS! Okay, I'm joking, I'm joking. I know they won't put cheesecake fanservice in a little girls show for us XD
So, moving on...

(continued in next post)
>>
5. Use the other 5 more.
I know I'm in the minority here, since the majority of people who are fans of EQG are also Shimmerfags, but some of us DO like the other 5 and want to see them utilized, not just kicked into the background when important stuff goes down (looking at you S5 finale and S6 premier).
Plus, I know the target audience isn't that shimmerfag heavy, so its a win win scenario here to do more with the other 5 rather than using them as glorified power batteries and cameos.
>>
>>27574013
The Dazzlings were boring, and so was Sunset when she was a villain. Twilight was a much more interesting antagonist.
>>
>>27573908

Boyfriends for the mane 6 and shimmer
>>
>>27574049
Eh, I don't think that's happening.

I'm betting what's going to happen is they're going to try and move Twilight's relationship with flash along by having him go for trixie due to Twilight pretending he doesn't exist.

You know, basically do the "You didn't GO for him, so you lost him due to not making your interests clear" kind of thing, with this setting up Trixie and Twilight as rivals in this universe (since there's no reason for the two of them to butt heads at the moment, and people love trixie/twilight as rivals)
>>
>>27574013
>(shia leboufe voice) DO IT
>XD
>emphasizing of words with caps
>>
>>27574013
>Gloriosa
...is this seriously the next villain's name?

All I can think of is IMPERATOR GLORIOSA.
>>
>>27573908
Isn't it about human Sunset doing some kind of harvesting of the forest with an army of robots to stop anyone that gets in her way?
>>
File: large.jpg (533 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
533 KB, 1000x1000
>>27574086
Gloriosa daisy.

She's the new character for the movie; There's nothing confirming the villain, but apparently she was sent into the human universe because her powers were too strong to risk letting her fall into the hands of evil.

Given the info, it seems rather likely they'll do a midnight sparkle 2.0 and have her not be evil at first and just being manipulated and then goes full demon insane at the end like twilight.

>>27574079
Oh fuck off grasshopper
>>
>>27574109
>believing random anons on 4chan

are you seriously that gullible?
>>
>>27574116
jesus, that's her design? It'll probably look better in the movie but still.

I'd rather they not do midnight sparkle again, but if they do it better than FG and also handle the other characters well I guess I won't mind
>>
File: 306293429.gif (130 KB, 450x400) Image search: [Google]
306293429.gif
130 KB, 450x400
>>27574049
I want this to happen so much but at the same time i don't.

It would be great if this were to happen because it would obviously make the movie more interesting and engaging but it would also be extremely bad if this were to happen because that means I'd have to see my alternate non- pony, humanized colored waifus getting boyfriends and falling in love with them.
>>
>>27574293
>It would be great if this were to happen because it would obviously make the movie more interesting and engaging.
Because ponies travelling to an alternate human dimension resulted in soooo very interresting and engaging movies.
>>
>>27573960
that's the deal that was made when hasbro decided to move the series to netflix starting with season 7.
>>
>>27573908
>What do you hope to see in the 4th upcoming film.

Trixie (preferably with quite a decent role / quite a lot of lines like in RR except less of a bad guy this time around)

Maybe a few references to other medias vidya Dark souls 3, anime to Jojo's bizarre adventure, fist of the northstar or berserk (I know all these are extremely unlikely but welp that's just what i would like to see)

>What do you wish would happen in the film.

a bit of character development, maybe a bit more development of the world.

The villain perhaps succeeds in their goals and friendship only numbs the effect (perhaps the villain wants to only link the two worlds of Equestria and Human Equestria and in having his plot numbed slightly it does work but only a reasonable sized portal in the everfree forest or whatever the human equivalent is.

I think at the end we should have a epilogue for the next movie perhaps scitwi and pony-twi have to team together to overthrow the villain while at the end of the film the now redeemed villains like 'so what are you guys going to do now' and the girls will be like 'well y'know we've got our finals coming up soon sooooo....'

(once again this is all what i would like to see so autistic as it sounds well pretty autistic that's just in response to the OP)

Also eastereggs at the end that was a nice addition to friendship games. definitely do it for this movie, fuck if the writers can just try and find some bloopers for EQG 1 and RR

>Do you think the film will be better or worse than its predecessors.

That is honestly a very difficult question as Rainbow Rocks and Friendship games both have equal storyline and villains quality while at the same time some people are divided between RR being better or FG being better because of the soundtrack / music.

I want it to have a good soundtrack but at the same time i would rather it focus on the plot and the story rather than relying on good music to give it a good rating.
>>
File: when Sunsets meet.png (341 KB, 1000x900) Image search: [Google]
when Sunsets meet.png
341 KB, 1000x900
>>27573908
I want to know what EqG Sunset has been doing all this time as well as where pony Sunset has been staying all this time

I would love a backstory of Sunsets first days in the EqG world
>>
>>27573929
Nope you still got Equestrian Girls 5 supposedly.
With human Sunset Shimmer, return of the Dazzlings and some undercover agent named Ace Thruster
>>
>>27574116
What the fuck is equestrias problem?
They throw all their most dangerous villains into the human world
>>
>>27574765
>They throw all their most dangerous villains into the human world
it would be an interesting thing if the movie explains this
>>
>>27574765
i guess humans would do the same
>>
File: dahling shiggy.png (91 KB, 400x511) Image search: [Google]
dahling shiggy.png
91 KB, 400x511
>>27574741
>Nope you still got Equestrian Girls 5 supposedly.
With human Sunset Shimmer, return of the Dazzlings and some undercover agent named Ace Thruster

where did you find this information Anon?
>>
>>27574923
The first thread about this movie
From the "my dad works at DHX" thread
He also brought up Gloriosa before she popped up
>>
I hope to see the human Sunset Shimmer.

Probably won't happen, though.
>>
>>27575692
she's should be in the movie.
After we met Sci-Twi in RR she would deserve it!
>>
>>27574398
Oh shit, seriously? S7 was confirmed and it's going straight to Netflix? Source?
>>
>>27574398
>Hasbro decided to move the series to netflix starting with season 7.
Gonna need some sauce on that.
>>
>>27573934
>>27573958
>>27573960
>>27574398
What's wrong with the series and movies being moved to Netflix?
>>
I want the girls to get at least a glimpse of the ponyworld. Maybe some 4th wall breaking jokes
>>
>>27575987
You're not giving evidence to confirm your claims of future endevours with that post.
>>
>>27575987
I don't know...
Netflix for me is beginning to have more quality original programming than TV.
So I'm not worried at all.
>>
>>27575987
It feels like the modern equivelant of straight to DVD even if its not
>>
>>27576018
Yeah. Not everybody watches TV like in the 'ol times.

But >>27573908
Did anyone noticed this thread about someone who's working on the movie? I'm talking about human sunset. She tries to kidnap pony sunset. Some robot stuff I guess, too?
>>
>>27574741
>>27574923
>>27574949
>>27576479
>believing some random anon on 4chan
How gullible can you people be?
>>
>>27576822
Well, we can't gather more Information. Even it's just a headcannon
>>
Pull a National Lampoons Vacation and take a XC road trip in order to get to Everfree.
>>
>What do you hope to see in the 4th upcoming film?
Better songs and less cluttered plotlines than Friendship Games.

>What do you wish would happen in the film?
Not human-world Sunset Shimmer yet. I'd prefer her to be teased in this one and then actually appear in the next one. Focus on developing the villain and the non-Shimmer, non-Twilight main characters.

>Do you think the film will be better or worse than its predecessors?
I don't think they could make it worse than EQG1 if they tried. I think it will be somewhere between Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games in terms of quality.
>>
I kind of wish that shit about the vidya tournament was real.
>>
>>27573908
bathing suits
girl scout uniforms
entangling vines
>>
>>27576822
Can you prove its false?

The Golriosa thing turned out to be true
>>
>>27574049
>and Shimmer
>implying
She is a pure horsie maiden and would only like other horses
>>
>>27577823
Flash sentry says otherwise
>>
>>27577832
She never liked Trash, though
>>
>>27574049
Fluttershy is going to be pure since Discord doesn't exist and Meghan won't give her any other love interest.
>>
>>27577823
>She is pure.
Why is it the people who shill it the most remember it the least?
>>
File: smug shim.png (390 KB, 500x486) Image search: [Google]
smug shim.png
390 KB, 500x486
>>27577854
I remember her saying that she never liked Flash and only used him to become more popular
Women can get a lot from betas within the first ten minutes after meeting them just because they THINK that they'll get some out of it
Like $80 shoes or free trips to the movies or popularity
>>
>>27577838
Whatever helps you sleep at night
>>
>>27577885
>S-she's not a roastie w-whore, so what if she's been in relationships before, s-she's still PURE!
In a sense you're right, because she's not real.
>>
File: large (1).jpg (290 KB, 923x1024) Image search: [Google]
large (1).jpg
290 KB, 923x1024
>>27573908

1. Zecora as the wise camp nurse/counselor
2. RD unintentionally dressing in style; perhaps better than Rarity
3. One of the Wonderbolts as one of the camp counselors

>What do you wish would happen in the film?
A magical force that pulls EQD and pony world together hidden deep in the forest. similar to the portal but this time not altering your body to become pony/human.

>Do you think the film will be better or worse than its predecessors?
well it can't be worse than the first one that's for sure.
>>
File: 1376711827299.gif (224 KB, 366x409) Image search: [Google]
1376711827299.gif
224 KB, 366x409
Equestria Girls is awesome and I can't wait for Legend of Everfree
>>
>>27573908
Holy shit, those outfits actually look 10/10
>>
>>27579773
Completely agreed.
>>
File: fitasfuck.png (1 MB, 468x886) Image search: [Google]
fitasfuck.png
1 MB, 468x886
FUCKING UNF
I want to cum inside Rainbow Dash when she is wearing that costume
>>
>>27579997
Dashperado
>>
>>27580033
You ain't getting any younger
>>
>>27580172
I don't get it, but okay.
>>
>>27573908
>tfw we still got 3-4 months before it comes out
KOK
>>
File: Joseph Joestar.jpg (163 KB, 317x433) Image search: [Google]
Joseph Joestar.jpg
163 KB, 317x433
>>27579997
Damn man, Dash is going absolute ham on the clothing choice.
>>
>>27580797
Source?
>>
>>27581434
Estimated guess
Eqg 1 and 3: September
Eqg 2: October
>>
>>27574013
>Better songs. FG was a huge step down from RR

I did the science and have proven that this is wrong
>>
Of the Crystal Preppers I only want Lemon Zest and Sugarcoat to appear.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.