[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else /hypocrite/ here? I think most of us agree that Zephyr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
Who else /hypocrite/ here?

I think most of us agree that Zephyr got what was coming to him, he had to learn his lesson the hard way.

But consider for a moment if it wasn't Zephyr, but Flutter butter(Or if Zephyr simply had been female and waifu material, *cough* Moondancer *cough*) who suddenly turned neet and had no intention of finding a job, would you throw her out, like, ever? I know I wouldn't.
>>
>>27566065
I thought Fluttershy was being fisted.
>>
File: image.gif (518 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
518 KB, 256x256
>>27566065
Moondancer has her own house and she studies. The stuff about her being NEET is a meme.
>>
>>27566075
I know, I just mentioned her because she has that distinct neet look.
>>
>>27566065
Zephyr didn't get what was coming to him because he was a NEET, he got what was coming to him because he was a douche-bro.
We don't even know the story behind Moondancer anyway. How is she able to be a NEET and have her own place.
How is Fluttershy able to be a NEET and have her own place? If anything, Fluttershy is the biggest fucking hypocrite.

At the end of the day it's just a kid's show and there isn't enough consistency in the writing to draw any meaningful conclusions.
All we know is that the writers tried pretty obviously to make Zephyr unlikeable.
>>
>>27566112
Shhhh, you're interrupting the /pol/ circlejerk.
>>
>>27566112
Moondancer sells her used panties online to make a living.
>>
>>27566065
Honestly? I think I would have seen it the same. Zephyr wasn't just lazy, he was causing trouble for everyone else with his unwillingness to put in effort.

I do commend the episode for showing that his laziness came from frustration and a fear of failure, though. In reality, that's where it often originates.
>>
>>27566468
>Hurhurr Glimglam got let off the hook therefore ALL MARES GET FREE CASTLES
Mares have to work too. What are you even talking about?
>>
>>27566503

I read over what I said and came to the conclusion I have no fucking idea what I was even trying to say.

I think I'm just mad and upset at the episode and I'm not even sure why. It doesn't even apply to me directly, like it does some other people here.

It just rubbed me the wrong way. I feel like someone is being hypocritical or unrealistic somewhere along the line, but I can't put my finger on it properly.

I guess I'm still pissed about Glimglam too, but this isn't the place for it. Sorry.
>>
>>27566112
While it's not clear how Moondancer and Fluttershy earn the money to pay for their accommodations, the fact is they are self-sufficient and live on their own. IRL being self-sufficient and living on your own earns a lot of respect. Consider this: on eHarmony (internet dating site) one of the most frequently asked canned questions is "How long have you lived alone?" (in case you can't read between the lines, it's really asking if you live alone verses with parents).
>>
>>27566112
Fluttershy is clearly self sufficient, it would be hypocritical if she her self was mooching of her parents.
>>
>>27566731
>the fact is they are self-sufficient
You can't claim this because there is no proof in the show to support this. For all we know, Fluttershy's parents could be footing the bill for Fluttershy's house because they like her more than Zephyr.
We have no idea what Moondancer's situation is either. For all we know she could be crashing at a friend's apartment while they are away or she inherited a bunch of money from her parents, or any other infinite
plausible situations that aren't developed in the show.
>>
>>27566760
See
>>27566761
>>
>>27566731
>While it's not clear how Moondancer and Fluttershy earn the money to pay for their accommodations, the fact is they are self-sufficient and live on their own
Moondancer is a perpetustudent but that makes her not a NEET because she's in education.

Fluttershy is clearly the town vet.
>>
>>27566075
>studies
She never elaborated on her actual job or what she really does. She could just be using studying as a coverup word to hide the way she doesn't do anything.
>>
>>27566761
Your claim works on the same logic as mine, you are assuming she's mooching of of something and calling her a hypocrite for it. I'm assuming she would have some sort of income. Both have never been seen in the show. As it stands its far more likely she would have some level of employment.
>>
>>27566784
They already have a vet. Spike was taken to one that one time. Fluttershy runs some kind of pet business. We've also seen her be hired for her bird orchestra.
>>
>>27566797
>Fluttershy runs some kind of pet business
also a protection racket

it'd be a shame if some big fuckoff bear came into your shop and tore the place apart...
>>
>>27566786
No, it's not the same logic. You claimed she was "clearly" self sufficient, but this isn't ever supported by the show.
She lives by herself, yes, but we've never been given any concrete evidence to show who owns Fluttershy's house and how her lifestyle is paid for.
I'm not claiming anything, other than the fact that we don't know what her financial situation is, so you can't claim you do know and use it as an argument.
>>
>>27566065
>would you throw her out, like, ever?
If she clearly showed no intentions of getting a job, cooking/cleaning for me while I'm out, or making herself useful in any way then yeah, she'd be out after a couple months at most.
>>
>>27566820
Alright, you got me on my wording, however, in order for you claim that she is being hypocritical to be true she would have be herself a free loader, for which we don't know. You're right that we son't know her financial situation, but without that knowledge you can't state she was being hypocritical to her brother, only assume as I do on my point.
>>
>>27566833
nigga please she's got a bear in a maid outfit to do the cleaning
>>
>>27566785
Well we've SEEN her studying, she clearly does SOMETHING. She just doesn't make time for friends inbetween.
>>
>>27566854
The problem is, it's a very poorly written story. On the face of it, the episode is trying to convey the idea that "No-job-lazy-NEET is bad, and polite-hard-working-self-sufficent-yellowhorse is good"
But the episode never sets up Fluttershy as employed and self sufficient. It fails to develop her and relies on us to assume that she is just self-sufficient by default.
It's a pretty big plot hole and I'm disappointing that the show staff didn't catch this, especially when the episode tries to drive home this point so hard. This is what you get when all of the original show writers
are gone.
>>
>>27566931
I don't it believe it to be much a plot hole, since that is a pretty reasonable assumption. Never once before this episode did I assume she wouldn't have some level of employment.
>>
>>27566858
I know but we're talking about a hypothetical Fluttershy that relies on me for housing, not the one from the show.
>>
>>27566950
>I assumed she was employed.
Well that's just you. It still doesn't make it a well written story. Since season 1 there have been arguments about weather Fluttershy has a job or not. It's still never been answered, and it's not obvious to a lot of the audience.
>>
>>27566065
I really wish Zephyr would've asked Fluttershy what she does for a job. You know what the other 4 do at least. Could've been funny
>>
File: 1443966757331.jpg (117 KB, 901x638) Image search: [Google]
1443966757331.jpg
117 KB, 901x638
I want to take care of Neetshy and brush her teeth
>>
>>27566065
She would finally find a job(because it's a cartoon) - I would only be more happy for her.
>>
>>27567049
Yeah but the question posed is "Would you treat Zephyr like Flutters did?", and if yes "would you treat Flutters or "Insert waifu" the same way?"
>>
>>27567071
I would but only if she
>had no intention of finding a job
However, having a pet Flutters would be cool as well - she would be relatively inexpensive to keep, plus she would do the chores. The issue with Zef is that he wasn't doing anything at all, and we learned why.
>>
>>27567024
This would have been good. The plot was very one sided. We should have seen Zephyr pushing back a little on the family for being such cunts.
>>
>>27566761
first of all dumbass, fluttershy lives next to a big scary forest of doom and takes care of the animals there, many of them are seen as dangerous to ordinary equestrians. she provides a vital service to the town. The person footing her bill is mayor mare. because anything less would be assuming everyone is as dumb as zephyr, making the whole discussion pointless to begin with.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.