[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If a reforming spell exists, how come we haven't seen the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
If a reforming spell exists, how come we haven't seen the Main 6 use it at any point?
>>
File: clockworkorange2.jpg (32 KB, 490x292) Image search: [Google]
clockworkorange2.jpg
32 KB, 490x292
>>27515994
Because it's basically the magic equivalent of doing this to someone.
>>
>>27516047
Yet Twilight still considered it for Discord?
>>
>>27515994

It was used the first time he showed up, on the M6 by Twilight.
>>
>>27515994
>reforming spell
You mean mind control?

Reformation happens through verbal persuasion and friendship. Otherwise it's just fucked up.
>>
>>27516119
Discord appeared like he was going to takeover Equestria again at any second. Fluttershy wasn't helping so she needed some kind of contingency.
>>
>>27516134
That was a memory spell
It's stated as such later on
>>
File: 1459010724906.png (451 KB, 575x618) Image search: [Google]
1459010724906.png
451 KB, 575x618
>>27516195
Contingency was turning him back to stone, like they've done with previous Villains. Fluttershy hadn't agreed to not use her element against him by that point.

>>27516166
Hey, it was in the episode. Rewatched it recently and it just made me think. Forcefully changing someone and their behaviour seems a bit much, but it was what she was looking for.
>>
>>27516211
when that someone can bend time and space and is more powerful than your sun-god, and is only interested in fucking up the natural order of things, I think its forgivable.
>>
To be quite honest, a reforming spell is basically the same thing Discord did to the Mane 6 back in season 2. Twilight was being a hypocritical bitch when she decided to use that. It´s the same logic Discord used.
>This guy/ponies can defeat me,
>I´d better brainwash him/them so they/he is not a threat anymore.

Don´t get me wrong, I like Twilight, but what she intended to do was pretty damn evil.
>>
>>27516227
Back to the OP's point, aren't all the villains pretty much interested in fucking up the natural order of things?
Why not just lean on the reforming spell for each one if it is just mind control
>>
>>27516263
Morally wrong. It´s kinda hard rooting for The Justice Lords pony version
>>
>>27516263
villains like trixie or starlight glimmer arent emobiments of chaos with power beyond that of Celestia.
its the scope of the threat that'd make it justified to use on Discord.
>>
>>27516271
>>27516282
What about Tirek?
>>
>>27516195
It's canon for the season finale.
>>
>>27516292
2stronk, I assume. Also its possible he wasnt redeemable, like there's no positive memories to draw on.
>>
>>27516292
We don´t exactly know what a reforming spell does.
Does it alter one´s personality?
Does it keep you the same way but inflicts pain when you try to hurt someone else?
>>
File: 1398723073237.gif (1 MB, 550x314) Image search: [Google]
1398723073237.gif
1 MB, 550x314
>>27516324
>2stronk
Twilight was powered up too, they were pretty equal in strength

>>27516332
Yeah, I guess there's not much to really go off. It just struck me as a bit odd since it's been mentioned to exist, but we'll likely never hear of it again.
Say if Starlight was just far too stubborn and didn't give in, it wouldn't be far fetched for Twilight to reform spell her, or any consequent villains we see in the show

Maybe Unicorns/Tirek have a counter while Draconequus don't
>>
>>27516435
>2stronk
We need an episode where Twilight's power goes into her head, and is gotten rid of it.
>>
The alternative for Discord is literally turning him to stone
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.