[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what did you think of "LITERALLY NOTHING: the episode"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 26
So what did you think of "LITERALLY NOTHING: the episode"?
>>
>>27487581
>literal massive character development for 3 out of main 6. how was this nothing?
>>
>>27487581
>So what did you think
nothing
>>
File: ohgodmark.png (354 KB, 655x498) Image search: [Google]
ohgodmark.png
354 KB, 655x498
>>27487581
>>
>>27487677
This
>>
Congrats of them for daring to make AJ that dumb after showing her being super competent.
Good to have something else to mock after background pone.
>>
Did something happen? I didn't notice.

They went to spa, came back and then there was credits.
>>
>>27487581
Never make a cartoon where people just stand around and talk.
>>
>>27487724
she also fed the pigs
>>
>>27487724
she did a chicken dance
>>
>>27487581
silly pony/10
>>
>>27487581
._.
>>
File: ._..png (9 KB, 162x122) Image search: [Google]
._..png
9 KB, 162x122
>>27487581
that meter says it all
>>
>>27487674
>massive development
>for 3 out of main 6
Explain
>>
>>27487860
>another stealth pic

excellent

time to go to /v/ and see who flips their shit
>>
>>27487581
Typical AJ episode.

The twist is instead of AJ fixing everything this time SHE IS THE RETARD. That took me off.
>>
>>27487942
Time to see Barneyfag flip his shit again.
>>
>>27487942
>>27487968
implying you're not that samefagging retard
>>
>>27487924
we got a good idea into applejack's psyche which we haven't got in forever. applejack has got the most personality in this episode since season 1. we get rainbow horse to be open with her soft side, which she never done before. and twilight which was the humblest she wanted since season 1 and practice what she preaches with teaching starlight to fix her problems without magic.
>>
File: raing.jpg (189 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
raing.jpg
189 KB, 1920x1080
pic says it all
>>
Lots of people complain about episodes having nothing happening every season. This is the first episode of the show where I fully agree. Neal Desudau is an offense to anyone who has ever thought about storytelling. At least the new writers saved the episode from being outright damaging to the show.

This episode had no compelling conflict whatsoever. It felt like the writers looked at the character profiles and environments and threw together a story as if it was a braindead college assignment due the following day. They did the absolute minimum required to get a passing grade according to the professor's objective checklist of writing requirements.

One other complaint I have is the relationship between Rarity and Applejack. 6 seasons in, the relationships between the mane 6 have already been firmly established. Am I forgetting something? When has AJ ever been interested in going to the spa with Rarity? That was Fluttershy and Rarity's thing. They could at least frame it as a new thing instead of something that already happens.
>>
>>27488066
it was a character driven slice of life episode. why does it need such a magnificent conflict? can't you enjoy ponies being funny? how was the character development not the most logical thing for the characters?
>>
File: this fucking episode.jpg (193 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
this fucking episode.jpg
193 KB, 1280x720
>>27487581
>>
>>27488122
>character driven slice of life episode
Were the characters good? Was their interaction good? Was the pacing good?

No they were not. I have nothing against SoL episodes, this one was just done poorly.
>>
File: mlpidf.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
mlpidf.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
It was 6/10. Not great, but better than what the /mlp/IDF who thinks your opinion should be.
>>
>>27488122
No, it was a shitty character driven slice of life. Stop trying to imply that people think SoL is inherently bad. This was a BAD SoL. The character interaction wasn't good enough to be rated above a 6.

This "/mlp/ hates SoL" that a few people today are trying to impose is a shitty argument. /mlp/ has rated several highly, this was just seen as a bad SoL. Argue the reasoning all you want, but to imply that people outright hate SoL is objectively false.
>>
>>27488289
>>27488223
every scene with RD was pure gold, and this is the first time i'm interested in applejack's character since episode 4. nobody honestly saying any complaints except for it's boring/nothing. which isn't an argument.
>>
>>27488007
So.How long has it been since you've stopped browsing equestria daily 24/7?
>>
File: 1462636132030.jpg (8 KB, 180x157) Image search: [Google]
1462636132030.jpg
8 KB, 180x157
>>27487581
>pipe scene drag for 5 minutes
>characetrs talk about this scene for 5 minutes
>AJ act incompetent at job she was doing for her entire life and get schooled by amateurs

Pure gem
Is Dusedau an art prodigy?
>>
>>27488318
literally all you are saying is lies and things you cannot prove outside your shitposting. Saying something is not an argument has never been an argument.
>>
File: need more be said.png (766 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
need more be said.png
766 KB, 680x680
>>27487581
>i hate slice of life episodes
not enough explosions for your ADD?
>>
>>27487581
8/10 episode. Lesson was great, Applejack was at her best and acted the way she should. Rarirty was hilarious and Rainbow Dash moments were funny.
>>
>>27488362
wat.
>>
File: Dash is smrt.png (351 KB, 860x479) Image search: [Google]
Dash is smrt.png
351 KB, 860x479
>>27488318
> nobody honestly saying any complaints except for it's boring/nothing. which isn't an argument.

Yes, because the poster question the character interaction and the pacing is "nothing". Like I said, you're acting delusional. RD has two relatively short scenes and otherwise the dialogue was nothing special. It was not offensive, but that's why it was only worthy of a 6 to me. None of the dialogue between Rarity and Applejack was bad, but it also wasn't engaging, it was tepid and hardly held my attention. Twilight and Spike played a very small role in the episode and felt under utilized. The episode had a good overall idea but it was poorly acted out and some scenes carried on for too long with none of the characters doing a particularly good job of filling that space.

Saying that nobody has a real argument is equivalent to saying that because /mlp/ likes an episode that isn't a SoL, they hate all SoL episodes. It's worthless. It comes off as delusional because it's so easily proven false. Hell, just look through the sticky if this isn't enough. People have explained several times over why they thought the episode was "meh". Saying these arguments don't exist makes you look like an asshole.
>>
>>27488365
>i love any sol episode no matter how shitty they are
please go back to EQD
>>
File: meh.gif (426 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
meh.gif
426 KB, 500x260
>>27487581
I had a chance to save myself, the stream I was watching kept fucking up.
I didn't save myself though.
>>
>>27488371
This message was generated by HasbroBot
>>
>>27488326
>he gives legit arguments
>hurr durr in response
>everything is shit amirite guys?
hows your first day on 4chins?
>>
>>27488383
It was bad, but not 1/10 bad
>>
>>27488365
>/mlp/ rates several SoL episodes highly
>/mlp/ rates S1, the king of SoL as overall best in most recent series poll
>/mlp/ explains that they thought this was a BAD SoL
>"y-you just hate SoL and like memes. You can't possibly have reasoning"

Absolutely pathetic. If you don't have a retort, don't make your self look stupid.
>>
>>27488391
That's all you can argue back.
>>
>>27488397
And people gave it a 6-7 out of 10. It was mediocre or "literally nothing". So again, your post is worthless and applied to nobody here.
>>
>>27488412
>I have no ability to read
I agree it was bad, it definitely deserves a 6 and nohting happened. But what I am saying is that it's better than all these 1-2/10s the contrarians are giving it.
>>
I live for simple, no high stakes episodes. Hell I'd wish they do a tea party episode where the only conflict is Fluttershy forgot the cucumber sandwiches.
>>
File: 568567.png (262 KB, 1004x1080) Image search: [Google]
568567.png
262 KB, 1004x1080
>>27488399
>i speak for /mlp/
http://www.strawpoll.me/10332615/r

s1 was ranked highest in the most recent poll from all the fucking nostalgiafags flooding back when they realized leaving after s3 didnt kill the board like they had hoped. s1 is only better than s3.
>>
>>27488395
>applejack's psyche
Oh yeah, we didin't know she was oblivious stubborn piece of redneck
>applejack's personality
Yet again, which one?
>We've never seen rd's soft side
Tanks for memories, anyone?
>twilight, being the humblest since s1
Well,k.That justifies the episode
>>
>>27488441
>7
I can live with this.
>>
>>27488365
Why do you feel the need to defend this episode so particularly? Does the life of your only friend and the continued existence of your NEETbux depend on people liking a rather dull episode of a kids show?
>>
>>27488433
>I have no ability to read
and I clearly stated that neither the reply chained you engaged in, nor the thread itself is handing out 1s. It's a non issue.
>>
>>27488397
It was Princess Spike 2/10 bad, tho
>>
>>27488459
Same for you. Why are you trying so hard to make peoplew ho obviosly enjoyed the episode hate it?
>>
>>27488462
Try scrolling up and you'll find plenty of people giving out 1s like it's candy
>>
File: 1458904557860.png (111 KB, 671x685) Image search: [Google]
1458904557860.png
111 KB, 671x685
>>27487968
>>27487942
There were two of those threads in the past hour.
I don't like picking on /mlp/ on their own board anymore, since I realize that doing so would be redundant and futile, but I just wanted to say this:
To the people who post their shit outside of containment, fuck you.
>>
>>27488459
quite frankly im sick of the kneejerk reaction around here of simply calling everything shit and pretending that this is criticism.

learn to fucking make a case if you expect anyone to listen to your hot opinions. what didnt you like about the episode? what did you like about it? why? what could they have done better? why would it have been better?

there seems to be a large group of newshits this year who think this place is here to shit all over everything like 12 yr olds when really it used to have thoughtful discussions about every topic.
>>
File: DYEWTS.png (118 KB, 700x758) Image search: [Google]
DYEWTS.png
118 KB, 700x758
>>27488441
>"I speak for /mlp/"
No actually, I'm saying the straw polls do and a quick look through the archive will prove what I'm saying to be correct. You can't argue that the series poll is because of a sudden influx of "insert group here" when the opinion is consistent with what /mlp/ has been posting beforehand. /mlp/ has always enjoyed SoL and I'm saying that based on the posts actually made by /mlp/ and their statistics instead of the assumptions that you are making.

I'm not even sure how you can make a claim that I'm speaking on behalf of mlp when all I'm referencing are statistics that are not solely my own opinion.
>>
Why are you people so surprised? We already had the Hearthswarming episode which was boring as well.
>>
File: episode poll - s4.png (262 KB, 1800x2354) Image search: [Google]
episode poll - s4.png
262 KB, 1800x2354
>>27488492
>when the opinion is consistent with what /mlp/ has been posting beforehand
>>
File: episode poll - s4 v2.png (301 KB, 1863x2375) Image search: [Google]
episode poll - s4 v2.png
301 KB, 1863x2375
>>27488499
>>
>>27488483
>plenty of people
>ctrl-f "1/10"
>one result
>"It's not a 1/10"
>look through the thread manually to be sure
>nothing

Yeah, like I said, you're a fucking idiot and you're arguing a non issue. Your post was not relevant to OP (who was in the reply chain) or the thread as a whole. Don't imply my reading comprehension is shit when your reasoning is so easily thrown away.
>>
>>27488499
>MMDW is among the worst 3
Litereally shit-rank.
>>
>>27488499
>>27488506
>Several highly rated SoL
>also was referring actual episode reactions and discussions

Thank you. Like I was saying, /mlp/ enjoys SoL. That has never changed.
>>
>>27488521
i didnt save the latest one, but it had s1 ranked much higher than previously.
>>
>>27487581
Neal Dusedau is just shitting on the franchise full force!

He never fails to deliver pure atomic shit!

I think that was the most boring and badly passed episode of the show.
Applejack is just so OOC, or if you don't think that way, was so clearly made overly dumb by lack of good writing skills.

It's a good thing the season as a whole is pretty consistently good so far. Because if it wasn't we would be worrying a lot much more at what comes!

Sneaky bastards, they made a great decision to hide that Neal Dusedau was writing this abomination... (along with the Fox brothers)
>>
>>27488559
care to elaborate on any of your opinions?
>>
>>27488543
Yes, and if you read the reply chain I specifically noted the reaction to S1 in the most recent poll. My point was merely that saying that /mlp/ hates SoL is a stupid opinion. They have been well received on release, are referred back to and remembered fondly, and they continue to do well in these polls (which I participated in from the first to the last so I already know what the results were).

My point was that it's not some personal opinion that /mlp/ likes SoL. A simple look through the archives completely disproves it if you somehow ignore the continued referencing back to good SoL's done in daily discussion.
>>
>>27488578
care to point out where i claimed the entirety of /mlp/ hates SoL episodes?
>>
>>27487581
If you look closely the meter has a face staring into your soul
>>
>>
File: 1433531303615.jpg (44 KB, 559x514) Image search: [Google]
1433531303615.jpg
44 KB, 559x514
>>27488595
No, because I never claimed you did. My response was to a post interpreting OP calling the episode boring as him "hating slice of life episodes" and to the general influx of people crying about criticism as /mlp/ hating all SoL episodes and only liking "fast paced meme reaction face episodes".

Don't assume everything is about you autismo.
>>
>>27488573
If you don't think that way, I'm OK with that!

But I really felt the episode was lacking a lot in content to fill up 20 mins for exemple.

A lot of this time could've been used to show more of Twilight and spike, or having more focused and thought of dialogs.

I felt the writing was so unfocused, and strangely enough way too linear and dumb...
It really feels, at least for me, exactly how a bad children show would feel.
Way too "on the surface", over simplified...

It's not credible one bit that Applejack wouldn't have figured out by herself that the junk she was doing was totally stupid...

At least not the way she is portrayed...
If she was crazily overworked, that could have worked.
If it was happening to a kid, this would have been at least plausible too...

Well so much wrong I'm not going to elaborate more on the subject...
>>
>>27488490

This episode was not bad in the Rainbow Falls sense.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying this episode. The problem with the episode stems from its framing, pacing, and lack of inspiration.

Good slice of life requires a good understanding of characters and continuity. This episode randomly injects a plot about Rarity and AJ suddenly having personal spa dates 6 seasons in when that was already established to be Fluttershy and Rarity's thing.

Beyond that, this episode had the pacing of an 11 minute episode drawn out to 22 minutes. It had very very little substance.

How does an episode with this premise not show Twilight and Spike interacting on the farm beyond a few seconds near the end? Not only that, the meat of the episode takes place over only an hour or so.

The whole thing about the mystery of why the steam room wasn't steaming up was so poorly excectued, it made Rarity Investigates/MMMystery look like incredibly competent and exciting mystery episodes.

It's so hard to even talk about this episode because so little happens. I remember people having the same argument last year with Made in Manehatten, but I was on the other side last year, defending it as a decent slice of life episode that just happened to be mildly uninteresting.

This episode is just an example of very uninspired storytelling with none of the passion you'd expect from the other members of the writing team.
>>
Ok let's try understand this episode

>Applejack works hard at the farm so she needs a spa day, spike and twilight will feed the pigs
Ok, pretty lame and cliche but reasonable enough

>Applejack and rarity find RD at a spa appointment
Cute interaction but too short, so it meants nothing

>Applejack and rarity realizes the steam room line is too long. Applejack decides to find out what is going on
Makes sense

>Almost 10 minutes just about applejack finding and fixing the problem
A waste of time, just conviently long because they have nothing else to show

>Applejack solved the problem in the spa, so she has nothing to do there. Go back to the farm
Very predictable

>Applejack can't solve problems properly more than once in an episode
I thought she wasn't that stupid

>The spa time is practically a waste of time, the episode could have sent the same message in 10 minutes or less
5/10
>>
>>27488638
>literally nothing: the episode
>implying nothing happened
>implying OP represents /mlp/
>implying "criticism"
keep sucking his dick, ive yet to see any real criticism. i personally dont give a shit how people feel as long as they have a good reason to feel that way.

>>27488641
>>27488697
speak of the devil, some real criticism. can you see the difference between these 2 posts and OPs?
>>
>>27487581

Pretty sweet
I love seeing ponies struggling over the most simple things!
>>
File: 1448733227237.png (394 KB, 536x680) Image search: [Google]
1448733227237.png
394 KB, 536x680
>>27488007
>we get rainbow horse to be open with her soft side
Which doesn't fit her character. You could argue that Tanks for the Memories opened the floodgates, but it clashes too much with her tomboyish personality for the sake of a slow, knuckle dragging version joke that we've seen a million times already.
>twilight ... practice what she preaches with teaching starlight to fix her problems without magic
Just when did that occur for you to come up to that conclusion? If I had to guess, it was at the beginning of No Second Prances where she didn't use magic to set the plates as a metaphor for another lesson, and not as the lesson itself.

Having more time with Applejack and Twilight means nothing when the pacing was slow, killing time with scenes of Applejack following the steam pipe, going through Applejack's chores and that joke about Rainbow "Deep Cleansing" Dash. They could have all been sped up, or intertwined with a subplot or a few jokes (and not just the panda ring background pony cameos), but instead it seemed that it was there to point out to kids, "hey this is really inefficient!"

The episode had some potential for humor, but they focused on the message instead of making it entertaining, hence the "LITERALLY NOTHING: the episode" OP was talking about.
>>
File: 1449927874172.jpg (27 KB, 260x344) Image search: [Google]
1449927874172.jpg
27 KB, 260x344
>>27488718
actually I never implied any of those things, and one or two have no base in anything. I think you need to read over the thread and collect your thoughts. You seem to be seeing things that aren't there.
>>
>>27488122
>can't you enjoy ponies being funny?
Pray tell, what was funny about this episode?
Rarity being shrinky, Dash, Aloe's voice, and AJ doing the chicken. That's pretty much it.
>>
File: 1464456160740.png (609 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1464456160740.png
609 KB, 1024x768
>>27487581
Someone send this to Tabitha now.
>>
>>27487581
its never happened
>>
>>27488641
i agree that it was too on the nose about doing things in an inefficient way. however, the idea itself isnt entirely untrue, as i was discussing in a different thread from my own experience.
>>27488331
the writer seemed to have written this as if for a 5 yr old where the audience wouldnt be clever enough to get what he intended unless it was laid out entirely. that was a mistake.

as an aside, i enjoyed that her list was ridiculously precise. it was like a callback to the list she left applebloom when she stayed home alone.

>>27488697
rarity has been going to the spa daily since forever as far as we know. its plausible that she has a day for each of them. i cant recall the episode, but i thought she went with twilight at least once before, and even once with all of them. id imagine it was possible since the sleepover where she gave AJ a spa facial treatment.

i have to agree on the pacing. the writer spent way too much time trying to pound the idea in when simple visuals could have done that. he should have used that spare time doing something with twi and spike since we rarely get to see them interacting anymore, as you said.

the whole problem seems to stem from the writer assuming the audience is really stupid rather than the base of the ideas themselves.

it was nice to see RD embracing more of the things she actually enjoys, though. perhaps soon she will start embracing her love of theater.
>>
>>27488697
This is pretty much the right critique.
The spa part pretty much kills it because of its pacing.
>>
>>27488745
>literally what is rarity takes manehattan or the Book episode.
>>
>>27487741
Tell that to Gainax.
>>
This episode was dead air!
I knew Neal Dusedau was bad, but come on!

This level is just out of this world bad.

Already said, but feels like a 10mins episode stretched to fill 20.

Most of it is OOC (and I don't mean it in the memetic way, but for real!)

For it to work Applejack should act crazy, complete burn out.
But no, she is composed, and don't see anything wrong with what she is doing.

Applejack as been established as a no nonsense kind of girl.
This is just pure nonsense right in front of her!

I know it's difficult to introspect and see ours own faults.
But the things they came with were just pure crap. Lazy writing at its best.

I already said it feels 10 minutes too long.
Theses 10mins would have been perfect to elaborate credible interesting non important things and way to simplify her work.

I can write a better premise myself in my sleep!
Just make scenes with twilight struggling with the nonsense.
And come up with good ideas to help.
Well ok, it's similar to Winter wrap up.

But then again, it already is!
>>
>>27488879
Hearthswarming Tail was pretty boring as well.
>>
>>27488937
That had songs and a clear path to the moral. Also didn't drag on and slow down the episode flow. Which this episode did in spades.
>>
>>27488937
Yes but felt well structured and beautiful to look at.
The songs were great too.

Not original, but very good execution.
>>
>>27488937
its only boring because youve seen that story told before, not because the episode itself was boring.
>>
>>27488970
The episode was lazy to the point of ripping off a classic Christmas story.
The previous 2 Heart Warming episodes were great, but this one was just piggybacking on a classic story.
>>
File: 2472424724.gif (210 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2472424724.gif
210 KB, 500x500
>>27489134
>ripping off a classic Christmas story
>>
>>27489152
What is a Christmas carol
>>
>>27489134
>It's just a Christmas Carol.

Yes, it's true!
But it's well made and different enough to be justified I think.
I personally enjoyed it a lot.
Not for the story, but for how and what they did with it.
>>
>>27489186
its not ripping off a story, its retelling a classic story. every cartoon retells classic stories in different ways, not even exclusively christmas ones. its done every now and then because theres always a new generation to experience it for the first time.
>>
>>27487581
Alone
>>
>>27489261
It's not even the best version of a Christmas Carol.

Try watching Mickey's Christmas Carol or the prehistoric Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol, then let's see if you still think the same as before.
>>
>>27488937
This whole season was boring except for saddle row
>>
>>27489284
those arent TV-Y.
>>
>>27488970
Little character development.
>>
>>27489309
The Christmas one made me hate spike more
>>
>>27489284
I already seen them.
And I never said it was the best.

Just that it was also its own thing. And that I really enjoyed it, mainly for the songs and beauty of it.
And also, for the best scene with Derpy ever!

I know fan pandering is a bad word here.
But it's in character, and it's really funny and cute.
>>
>>27489324
Fuck off back to equestria daily
>>
>>27489272
found the hasdrone
>>
>>27489324
This asshole sounds like Joshua from Equestria daily.

He's a certified autistic, and a religious nut to boot.
>>
>>27489333
So because I enjoyed something you hate, quite possibly because you just can't handle Christmas in May, I need to go?

Well, I don't think they will appreciate my rant on how bad I think episode 10 was.
>>
File: ironic shitposting isnt ironic.png (198 KB, 500x935) Image search: [Google]
ironic shitposting isnt ironic.png
198 KB, 500x935
>>27489363
>>
>>27489371
> still wants to stay here
>>
>>27489387
> found the reedit user
>>
>>27488223
That's your fuckin opinion. The characters were all on pace and. the conflict real and believable.

What standard are you even using? A finale? All I see from you is a bunch of straw statements with no back up. Why don't do explain how it should be done.
>>
>>27489473
>believable
That's your opinion
>>
>>27489473
Don't focus on this anon.
Read the others, more elaborate criticisms.
And you will see what, us, on the other side, are seeing.
Maybe disagree, and I'm fine with that, but you may see what's wrong.
>>
It was ok. We've seen the "AJ is stubborn" episodes several times and this was probably the weakest of them. It was pretty slow and lacking in humor. Probably the weakest episode of the season.
>>
>>27489495
And you've literally explained nothing. Guess an empty mind sees one.
>>
People complain about a lack of slice of life episodes, and then complain that nothing happens when they finally get one. Make up your fucking minds.
>>
>>27487581
Boring, OOC, uninspired trash
Lazily written, honestly the on-the-surface dialog felt patronizing
I got a small chuckle out of Dash at the spa, that was it
There was 10 minutes of premise stretched out into 24 minutes, I was just sitting there waiting for it to end
Where was the Spike/Twilight interaction? they made Applejack seem really dim-witted and out of sorts this episode, when she is meant to be reasonable and down to earth

The "Nothing happens" meme gets thrown around a lot here, but I can genuinely say this episode is one of the worst I've ever seen in the whole show.

S6 for most inconsistent season, we went from an 11/10 episode to 2/10 at best
>>
You can tell that Dusedau thinks that he's so fucking clever. It oozes from all of the episodes he writes, like he smugly writes a "twist" and thinks he's God's gift to the show for being so adept at writing.

Pity upon the Fox brothers. It seems no matter what role Dusedau is in, he makes shit and just makes things harder for everyone else.
>>
>>27489559

Slice of Life doesn't mean "nothing happens". They literally spent 5 minutes looking at fucking pipes.
>>
>>27489502
I guess. I feel too many on this board are quick to make mountains out of a mole hills now days. It happens in reverse too by claiming certain episodes the best things ever for one thing happening.
>>
>>27489571
This isn't the first time you fuckin idiot. That's why it's so annoying.
>>
>>27489560
The episode in general was shit, but I liked the scene of applejack dressing as a worker
>>
>>27489587

Are you... angrily agreeing with me?
>>
>>27487581
/trash/ here, I loved it
>>
I liked Dashie femininity. It was cute. I wanna pamper her and give her a muzzle massage now that I know she's into that kinda thing.
>>
File: 592480.png (832 KB, 1200x1530) Image search: [Google]
592480.png
832 KB, 1200x1530
>>27489560
>they made Applejack seem really dim-witted and out of sorts this episode, when she is meant to be reasonable and down to earth
People always say this, but I seriously have no idea what they're talking about.
She's always been short-sighted and kind of dumb. Most of her episodes, at least the ones about family, show this clearly. Do Applefags just take the season 2 Flim Flam episode as her "true" nature and the overwhelming amount of episodes that suggest otherwise are wrong?
>>
>>27489597
I'm talking about you fags complaint that nothing happens. This isn't the first time.
>>
>>27489636

So we can't complain that nothing happens because it's happened before?

So if I kick you in the dick a second time you can't complain because I already did it?
>>
>>27489575
I do agree.
But I do think this time it's warranted.
It's not the first time Neil Dusedau fucks up something...
And this time it was just a flamboyant firework of shameless laziness in the writing department.

We aren't accustomed to this on this show. (that's actually a very good thing)
>>
>>27487581
I liked it. It was more practical than other previous installments. It's not everyday where you have to deal with an ancient, powerful threat so seeing ponies do normal things was a good breath of fresh air.
>>
>i don't like adventure i want comfy slice of life like in muh S1!
>get comfy slice of life
>wtf i hate slice of life now because nothing happens at all
/mlp/ is only ever satisfied with spastic memery like #100 or Saddle Row Review
>>
>>27489628
>>27489560
Litterally AJ's "dumb" problem happens all the time. Try writing a paper and coming back the next day claiming it's error free before you read it again.
>>
>>27489677

Let's go over it again

slice of life =/= nothing happens. The episode had no jokes, no meaningful interactions, and a thread bare message. It was boring, unlike other slice of life episodes.
>>
>>27489677
>neo-mlp
>>
>>27489628
I think we all agree that it could have been very in character for her to fail to see her shortcomings.

But that was so badly done, and with things so hugely easy to spot as stupid.
That they made her from "kind of simple" to completely retarded...
>>
>>27489651
You freakin idiot, people won't care as much if you HAD a reason, instead of knee jerk happy, meme words.
>>
>>27489677
>implying being SoL is the only thing being judged

You can make a mediocre SoL. This seems to be unfathomable for a few posters here today.
>>
You know what this episode should have been? The side plot to an episode that actually mattered and had shit going on during it. There was like ten minutes of plot here stretched out to 22.
>>
>>27489707

I've not used a single meme word. Would you like to take a break and calm down a bit first before we continue? You're awfully angry and I think it's making it harder for you to discuss this.
>>
>>27489725
No, I'm tired of this shit. You same people claimed that "nothing happened" during the Hearth's Warming episode with Starlight. Never seen a dumber criticism in my life.
>>
>>27489758

If you're tired take a nap then. You might be more agreeable when you wake up.

And I liked the Hearth's Warming episode. It had jokes, songs, and interesting character interactions. All things today's episode lacked.
>>
>>27489775

Hearth Warming was awful dude. This was worse sure, but HW was overall shallow as fuck and the music generic at best.

This season is shaping up to be even worse than S3.
>>
>>27489758
I actually like episode 8.
In fact I'm not usually on the side of the hate.
But this episode is just very bad...
>>
>>27489786

I disagree.
>>
>>27489812

Then live and thrive on your bad taste, simpletoid.
>>
>>27487581
The episodode was so crappy that even Jim Miller isn't talking about it.
>>
We clearly don't all have the same opinions here.
But can we just stop jumping up and down and focus on the actual episode?

We don't care to know if someone liked this one other episode, and stuff.

At least I think it's a lame excuse to evade the actual criticism.
>>
>>27489850
Who told you you were allowed to post?
>>
File: quality o meter.jpg (126 KB, 800x446) Image search: [Google]
quality o meter.jpg
126 KB, 800x446
>>
>>27489844
He said he couldn't before it aired.
Attending to something.
But I would be him, I think I would do the same...

And try to push Neil Dusedau as far away from a script as possible. At this point, we know, it's clear they know.
(They mentioned every writers except him before the episode aired, so I'm sure they know he doesn't resonate well with us, and who to blame if it fails)
>>
>>27489389
>>27489400
Go to bed, grownups are talking.
>>
File: 1165042.gif (623 KB, 350x400) Image search: [Google]
1165042.gif
623 KB, 350x400
>>
>>27490301
Dank as fuck
>>
I liked the lesson of asking for a different point of view on things you have been doing your whole life. Something many people should do in real life work. Other than that the episode felt pretty dull and not very interesting.
>>
>>27487581
>>27488046
>>27488612
>>27489860
that meter makes no sense

shouldn't a meter go from green, to yellow, then red?
>>
>>27490640
Not for a pressure thingy.
Too much and you end up damaging everything.
Too little and it's not usable.

So the green is in the middle.

As for using it for jokes. Well...
Details!
>>
File: noes.gif (645 KB, 1672x933) Image search: [Google]
noes.gif
645 KB, 1672x933
>>27487581
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.