[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
(CYOA) War in the North #2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: #2 OP.png (81 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
#2 OP.png
81 KB, 800x600
>What's this: a CYOA style adventure where a young colt takes part in the conflict tearing apart his northern home.
>Previous thread: >>27314942

>These are dire times for the free ponies of the North. After two years of unstable peace, the war effort has resumed.
>A former tribe, the Sons of the Aurora, established as a country, seeking to occupy the entire North under the rule of their king fiercely, no quarrel given.
>However, the tides may be changing, as rumors spread of the citizens of Auroria not trusting their king anymore.
>Tight Knit, a young unicorn with a penchant for traps and rope weapons, seeks to do his best in this war, with the help of his friends and an indomitable spirit...

>Theme song: https://soundcloud.com/finstheaudio/witn-intro
>Want to know more? Lore guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qk_lW3QbQdodsvSstPhtlN1ksuiQ5OpR5C-Lz5RfQ98/edit?usp=sharing
>Charsheet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1azY8JyLxVpAgg0pysOei5Y_ys10wodzFduod2v-z2n8/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: witn45.png (39 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn45.png
39 KB, 400x400
>Around the midday hours, when everyone is moving towards their prefered lunch spot, the rounds have been made about the recent news. Most camp dwellers know that the supposed Merry Ivy is an impostor.
>"Or perhaps, a ghost of a nature most spooky" Merry declares, however she's clearly having a laugh. "Oooh...!"
"Alright, alright" while you play along, you can't help but think that, whoever it was, the disguise was absolutely perfect. Only their lack of knowledge in how the real Merry was could betray them.
>"Sorry about the delay!" Marion suddenly makes his appearance. Since you've been walking north automatically, it's not a surprise. "The commander wanted me to make sure I informed everypony around."
>"We won't get a rest in a while, will we?" Clearsoul asks, looking down as usual. "Sigh... for once a monster appears, and I don't get there in time."
>"Don't worry, I'm sure many other monsters will come our way soon" Merry cheers. You smirk, remembeing how scared she actually was during the fight.
>"Knit! Hey, Knit!" A voice forces you to a stop. Your father is trotting up towards you and your friends. Suddenly, he pulls something out of a cloth in his mouth. "I need you to eat this, right now" the item in question is a big chunk of something brown, slightly charred, very much meat-like.
"Uh, is there a reason for...?"
>"Son, please, would you doubt your own father?" He asks, pouting and pushing the literal cube of meat in your muzzle. Should you?
>>
>>27444950
If we don't odds are he either will pester us over it or will force feed it to us. Just eat the stuff.
>>
>>27444950
Put it on our horn like a shish kebab.
>>
>>27445042
Actually, do this instead and tell him to give a good reason why. But still running off >>27445008 I think we'll end up eating it.
>>
File: witn46.png (56 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn46.png
56 KB, 400x400
>>27445042
>>27445057
>You look at the slab of meat. It looks odd, but you notice it's supple and doesn't leak, so it must be cooked well past rare. Now, how can you avoid having your father pester you about it...?
"May I know what it is first?" You ask tentatively.
>"Nope!"
"Old frog..." you raise the meat in the air with your horn, then let it fall, threading it. "You know, this looks like a hefy ration, and I might, uh... practice later! Yes. So I should save this for then."
>"Oh, well" your father cocks an eyebrow, trying not to laugh at the display. "If that's what you want... you might want to eat it before fighting, though, monster meat gives incredible vitality."
"Yeah, I'll be sure to... wait" your father turns around and starts giggling before you can look him in the eye. "Is this a piece of the monster?"
>"Maybe?" He replies. "It's actually pretty good, son, believe me. And Scrambler loves it, so don't let him get close."
>Turning around, you're face to face with your former squad mates, all of you giving your horn funny eyes. Marion looks away and gives you a piece of tarp.
>"Here, just... don't hang it around for too long."
>"Yeah, it will become saltless jerky!" Merry can't hide her laugh anymore, trotting in place.
"Thanks, I have to deal with my father this way, or else..." rolling your eyes, you put the meat in the tarp.
>"Mmpf, om nom chomp!" Loudly, Scrambler makes way towards your group, carrying at least five pieces of the meat and eating one voraciously. "This is well damn delicious! Hey kid, have you...?"
"Yes, Scrambler, I have!"
>"Oi oi, no need to yell" the minotaur points at you condescendingly. "Whatcha gonna do today? After tonight's fight I assumed you'd like to practice some more with the bolas..."
>"Huh?" Clearsoul suddenly looks at you. "What does he mean, did you see the fight?"
>"Wait, Knit is going to come with us, right?" Merry turns her head in all directions. "We can practice in the forest, I want to fight you again!"
>>
>>27445289
>Pic
He's thinks he's so cheeky doesn't he? Fine, we'll eat it.

Yeah, we'll fight more! Especially since I've took at our bitch ass stats.
>>
File: witn47.png (45 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn47.png
45 KB, 400x400
>>27445333
"Sure, we'll fight! I'm sorry, Scrambler" you apologize to the minotaur. "I'd like to spend more time with them" you point at Merry and the others. The pegasus puffs happily.
>"That's fine, kid, I can have some serious tumbling down with your father" Scrambler holds a piece of meat in his hand, as if it were the remains of the defeated, then bites into it with violence.
>However, as you prepare to leave with the others, you hear Thunder making a remark with the minotaur:
>"Yeah, poor lad doesn't even want to eat the monster meat, tsk tsk... that'll be his loss."
"What the...?"
>"Knit?" Clearsoul stops, noticing you're not moving.
"My loss, huh? You'll see, father!" Immediately taking the chunk out of the bag, you start eating it right there, to the shock of the others. Of course, what else would you end up doing. That bastard...
>"Whoa, you're eating it now!" Thunder notices your forced enthusiasm and trails back. "Don't choke, son, it's stringy."
"I-I can feel that! Urk..." you try not to cough while eating the dry meat. It tastes odd, not that you're a meat lover, but it's always a good protein solution. Finally, the last bite goes down your throat. "Phew... I don't know, father, I feel like I'd rather sleep than fight right now..."
>"Give it a moment, Knit, the first time takes a while, but it hits hard" your father sits in front of you. In fact, the rest of your friends are looking at you, as if you were a prized experiment.
"Oi, what's with the looks-" you intend to continue, but suddenly, your chest bursts into figurative fire. "WHA-!?" Before you know it, you're on the ground.
>" "Knit!?" " Several voices yell.
>"Hang in there, son!" You see your father's face from above, but your eyes are producing insane amounts of tears. You can feel your teeth clatter, your heart pound at an ever increasing rate, and your stomach feels like it's going to turn over itself!
"I-I'm dying, a-am I going t-to die!? Oh geez, w-what noow...!"
>>
>>27445510
Focus on not dying, breathing, and not looking like a bitch in front of everyone.
>>
>>27445639
>Your heart keeps slamming the bones in your chest, it's hard to breathe, and your vision loses focus constantly amidst a stream of tears. However, you can see the faces of your friends and father, looking down on you.
>"Knit... Knit! It will be fine, don't panic!" You hear the words, blurry and disconnected from Thunder. Even your ears are popping. However, you try to heed the stallion's words. Clearing the tears best as you can, you focus on relaxing your heart, getting up and breathing normally. Oh, and not dying.
>"That's it, that's it!" Merry helps you up along with Marion. "You're alright, Knit, you're alright!"
"Thanks, I, I..." finally, your body starts returning to normal. "I think I'm getting back to myself" you're still a bit dazed, but it's fine, you're not dead. You're not dead!
>"Geez!" Merry immediately punches Thunder on the shoulder. "What was that for!?"
>"Young mare, you'll have to learn about this sooner or later" your father deadpans with a creepy smile. "How are you feeling, Knit?"
"I'm well, I think..." however, as soon as you're back in your hooves, you notice something. "Woah... woah woah woah!"

(1/2)
>>
>>27445827
>"What is it?" Marion asks, far out in your vision. In truth, he's right there, but your senses have amplified considerably. On top of that, your body feels hardened, and bursting with protein-fueled confidence.
"I feel... amazing!" Trotting around a bit, you notice how strong and agile your limbs feel. Pounding the ground, it shakes and cracks slightly. "Wow!"
>" "Wow!" " Your scout friends all shout.
>"What memories" Scrambler nods. "Remember your first monster meat, Thunder?"
>"Sure do" now your father looks more like the parental figure he is, giving you a tender look. "Listen y'all, monster meat is an important battle supply, so you must learn to deal with it. It will give you strength for some hours, and calm your hunger for at least an entire day. It's rare to find the specific monsters in the open, so we got very lucky."
>"I'll have one!" Marion rushes to where your father and Scrambler are, followed by Merry and Clearsoul, a bit slower.
>The process happens to all three of them equally, with convulsions and violent crying, but having your example, they all manage it decently.
>"Woow, we need to take advantage of this, like, right now!" Merry neighs loudly. "Let's go west, have a fight in the forest!"
>"Have fun, kids" Thunder waves you off, and in mere seconds, you've left him behind. It seems that the effect diminishes a bit over time, as you've settled with your current buff, and now run at incredible speed across camp.
>"Okay" Marion taps the ground lightly once you all reach a lonely part of the forest. "Let's make two teams. Merry and Clearsoul are melee fighters, while Knit and I are ranged, but in our case, I'd say any combination works" the colt looks at you. "Who would you prefer as partner, Knit?"

More tomorrow. Starting tomorrow, there'll be one more update per session. Today's been slower, so we'll start with the proper format tomorrow.
>>
Let's leave page 10.
>>
>>27445850
i love you
>>
>>27445850
Let's go with Merry, she's faster and cute
>>
>>27447457
Nigga, are you kidding? Clearsoul moves so fast you can't even see her. I say pick her. She's also cuter.
>>
>>27447457
>>27447519
Wow guys, we all know Marion is who we should pick. Because of bromance and all. He's also more handsome than the other two.
>>
>>27447519
>>27447562
Merry all the way she more cuter then Clearsoul
>>
>>27447619
B-but Clearsoul is OP...
>>
>>27447763
Alright anon explain why we should team up with Clearsoul instead of Merry.
>>
>>27447899
Clearsoul is already so fast that you can't even see her. Not imagine her buffed with that meat. She's swift and deadly. I only imagine what her stats look like... I also think we should spend some time with her cuz muh waifu. Give her a chance.
>>
>>27447980
That also reminds me, Fins are you using the same system from the last TNL? It seems super simplified here so I doubt it.
>>
>>27447980
I see but here how both Clear and Marry fighting style differ from the last time we fought them. Clear can hide her self well if we are distracted by something and attack us when we lest expected, but Marry is more close and personal and her punches can hit hard even when we took a blow to the chest. So take that as you will.
>>
what a fast board
>>
>>27448723
>>
Have a good night bump
>>
File: New.png (41 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
New.png
41 KB, 400x400
>>27448084
The system has been reviewed to work better with heavily narrative based questing and combat. If you want numbers, I'll give numbers, but other than your health and skills, there's no need to know unless you want to play this like an RPG. Train and you'll get stronger, yadda yadda.
>>
>>27451940
>>
We haven't partnered with merry yet have we?
>>
File: witn48.png (67 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn48.png
67 KB, 400x400
>>27447457
>>27447519
>>27447562
>>27447619
>>27447763
>>27453367
"Hmm..." the mares are the ones you know better, but even then... "I don't think I could choose. Either Merry and Clearsoul would make good partners, and I'm interested in seeing you fight as well, Marion."
>"Then let me make the teams!" Merry immediately jumps at your indecision. "Me and you versus Marion and Clearsoul! Any objections?"
>"I suppose that's fine. You'll see plenty of my fight then" the colt shakes his quiver at you.
>"I'm fine with it too" Clearsoul states.
"You just wanted to have me close, didn't you?" A hunch, but you ask Merry just to be sure. All she does is show you her tongue and flap her wings away.
>"Walk a few minutes in the opposite direction" Marion explains "and then we'll start looking for each other. How about we make it a team effort? If one of the members falls, the team loses.
>"We won't lose~! Hurry up Knit!" Merry sings while already disappearing between the thick foliage of wild pines.
"Well, that was solved quickly" you sigh.
>The two of you tread south for a while, you making sure your bolas are ready to go, and Merry checking her boots. Other than that, she's put a nice warm coat to cover her body.
>"So!" She chirps. "Are you ready to beat these two? I have hopes on you, after last night!"
"Of course, but I think it's more about the teamwork" you lower your eyebrows and try to keep it serious.
>"Oh yeah, sure!" Merry flights right before you, again flapping backwards as your faces meet. "I'll give you the chance to ask me anything, and then I'll ask you, okay? Go ahead!"
>>
>>27451421
Oh, in that case I'm gonna grind for XP so hard and fight every battle possible.
>>
>>27454263
Umm... What do you consider you greatest weakness and strength?
>>
>>27454333
>Thinking about what could you ask Merry that fits the theme, you take a look at your surroundings. The pegasus' wings brush against the leaves of tall pine trees every now and then, which brings something to your mind.
"Since we're going with the sparring theme, what do you think is your greatest weakness and strength?" Unblinking, you ask the mare. "You know, so we can work better together."
>"My greatest weakness, huh?" Merry puts a hoof on her chin, supporting her weight nicely with a strong, yet lazy flight. "No doubt about my strength, my legs and wings are the strongest!" She does a loop above a tree. "And well, not related to that, but I am simply too gorgeous to be hurt..." she approaches you and makes a few exaggerated flaps of her eyelashes.
"Pfft, yeah, of course."
>"Hey!" Merry boops you with an iron hoof, disorienting you for a second. "As for weakness, I don't know... Maybe I'm so cute that-?"
"Nope" you shut her down. "How about being scared of monsters?"
>"W-What kind of lie is that!?" The pegasus, red as a tomato, pouts and crosses her armored forelegs. "Hmph! My turn!" Suddenly changing to a grin, she steps in a rock a few steps ahead of you. "What do you think of the Aurorians?"
"The Aurorians?"
>"Yes, the ponies that took part of our home and forced us into a war. What do you think about them? You've been living nearly half your life in war like me, haven't you?"
>The Aurorians... formerly free ponies like you and Merry, wandering tribes honoring the ancient tradition... suddenly, united under the rule of a king, and promoting aggressive expansion for their own gain. Your only direct encounters with them started happening when you were scouting, so... what's your opinion?
>>
>>27454507
I think... I think for the most part they're ponies, just like us. The two me and father captured last night expressed their displeasure to this renewed effort against us. Maybe they decided they want to live like the rest of the Nine Lands? With great cities, farms, and kings and such?
>>
>>27454507
They seem like jerks. Making everypony live like they do.
>>
>>27454576
I'd say that about the higher ups.
>>
File: witn49.png (48 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn49.png
48 KB, 400x400
>>27454566
>>27454576
>>27454600
"I don't know... from what I know, they're just normal ponies, just like us" you sit besides Merry and give her your honest opinion. "Maybe they wanted to try and live how the other Nine Lands do, with cities and farms, not moving around all year...?"
>"Is that so? But you can't deny they're trying to take our home and freedom away."
"I think the blame is on their higher ups. The king, the generals, that sort of ponies, they want to impose their views and control the entire land. The soldiers we captured didn't seem to enjoy this any more than we do."
>"Interesting. Like I've been hearing from my father lately" Merry stretches her wings and begins floating anew, "we were overwhelmed at first, and lost confidence, but now it's the other way around. I'd be happy with just recovering our half of the North, really."
"You don't mind that they form their own country?"
>"As long as they don't step in ours!"
>In that same moment, something whisks right past your muzle, embedding itself in the leaves of a nearby tree with a dry sound.
"Wh-Wh-WhHoly stars!"
>"Crap, that's gotta be Marion!" Merry suddenly reacts, looking everywhere. "These two could be close, and we haven't even noticed. Are you alright?" She looks at you, and you notice the pleading in her eyes, maybe asking for your opinion on how to act now.
>>
>>27454712
Guess this is going to really taste our capabilities huh. Let's show em what we can do.
>>
>>27454712
Get those bola's spinning. Tell Merry to randomly duck sometimes. I have no idea what to do against two invisible enemies.
>>
>>27454762
To add to that, hunker down behind a tree. Try to limit what direction they can approach from. Try to to shit ourselves over worrying that Clearsoul could literally be anywhere or everywhere.
>>
>>27454745
>>27454762
>>27454795
>First of all, you lay low and huddle near the trunk of the pine. It's low foliage will help cover your body for now. With your magic, you unstrap your bolas and get them rotating.
"Merry! Don't stand there, move around, and lay your head! Crouch!"
>"Huh, hah?" The mare looks at you, her pupils slightly dilated. "Oh, right! I need to find where Marion is! Cover my back, in case Clearsoul appears!"
"Okay!" You give her a nod, and get away from the tree in a direction opposite from Merry, making wide circles around her. The forest remains unmoving, and then, a second arrow hits Merry in the leg. "Merry!"
>"Ouch!" She complains. "T-They're lined with wool!" She adds, pointing at the arrow.
"Well, at least Marion is being considerate" you sigh. Of course a fellow nord wouldn't hurt any of you on purpose. What's more, you've seen the direction where it came from, so Marion must be in that general area. "Focus towards your left!" You try to whisper across the forest.
>"Okay... wait, I think I see him!" She suddenly shouts, raising in the air. "Cover me, I'm going there!"
"Wait a second, Merry...!" That was too fast, the pegasus underwent a dive amidst the thick trees, and in one second, you lost her. Running with your bolas by your side, you have to dodge the pines and try to follow the trail of sound she leaves, a whistle in the wind. Wait, whistle...?
>Your body freezes in the spot. You know this feeling, the distinct sensation that something not right in the world has just been corrected. And that something is Clearsoul, appearing right behind you, no doubt with her knife ready.
>"I'm sorry...!" You can hear her yell, but this time, your mind was aware, so you have more time to react. If you don't avoid this attack, you'll end up like that other time.
>>
>>27454912
Send the bola over our head behind us and if that doesn't work buck the shit out of her.
>>
>>27454912
jump forward while throwing the bolas behind you
>>
File: witn50.gif (235 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn50.gif
235 KB, 400x400
>>27454958
>>27455032
>Your body might not make it, but your magic will! As you move forward to forbid Clearsoul from getting a critical strike on you, the bolas spin backwards elegantly, until they touch ground that is.
>The moment you lower the metallic balls rotating at high speed, a tremor of the earth shakes both of you, the spinning weapon a real threat opposing Clearsoul's attempts. Turning your head a bit, you notice her retreating and using her knife to deflect the force of your counter attack.
>It's impressive how well you can mantain your magic in this situation, thanks to the boost given by the monster meat. However, this may prove a useful peek at your future, if you can keep this up, the constant pounding of the ground, the loud noise caused by the bolas creates a good deterrent, almost like a defensive wall.
>Finally, your attack ceases. Both the ground and your metallic balls are smoking, but you start rotating them again as soon as you face Clearsoul. Merry and Marion haven't showed up, so they might be caught in their own fight. Meanwhile, Clearsoul looks at you and your weapon, ascertaining your skills.
"Oh, um...! I'm sorry about that. Are you alright?" You've got to admit that was a really strong attack, by your standards at least. It would knock a pony unconscious for a solid night, probably.
>"I'm fine, thank you" the mare smiles and plays with the knife in her mouth. "But you won't get away this time, Knit! I'm going to give it all I've got!" Uh oh, it seems that she's fired up now, you remember the spark in her eyes. "Here I come!" She dashes towards you!

More tomorrow!
>>
>>27455243
We should let her dash straight into the bolas and have ourselves hide behind it.
>>
File: 1436463897538.jpg (19 KB, 310x247) Image search: [Google]
1436463897538.jpg
19 KB, 310x247
>>27455243
W-what the hell is she? That shit ain't natural. If we weren't so concerned about "nordly pride" I would just fucking run away. Why isn't this force of nature among the most elite of our army?

I don't know, try to trip her up this time and pray to the stars that this time she doesn't rip our head off with her bare hooves.
>>
>>27455313
I agree with you. I like Clearsoul as a character, but the amount of power she has just makes her very unappealing in a way.

I can't help but point out that I was very disappointed when we basically lost without a chance to react on our first practice fight. It's like we're level 1 and there's just this level 100 person here beating us.
>>
>>27455370
We mainly lost the first one beacuse of the four suggestions directly contradicting eachother.
>>
>>27455494
True, I wasn't there at the time. If I was, I would've said to watch out for her because he was literally hinting at it every post saying how she wasn't around.
>>
we must attack her in a way she'd never expect. in a loving embrace.
>>
>>27456721
>>
>>27456181
That's a quick way to get ourselves slapped in the face by Merry, but I like where you're going with this.
>>
>>27457990
It'll be fine. Maybe.
>>
sleep bump
>>
>>27459246
>>
getting your bump
>>
>>27460783
>>
>>27455296
>>27455313
>>27456181
>>27457990
>Here she comes, but oddly enough, at normal speed. You were naturally expecting her to move faster than the wind, but she's just a lone mare charging towards you. With your bolas again spinning at the maximum your magic allows, you drop them forward.
>The result is as good as you expected. Putting the bolas in the direction she's coming from, near the ground, causes a tremor and scattering of dirt all around, immediately causing Clearsoul to change her course. Taking a couple of steps backwards, she starts circling you, knife held on a steady grip in her mouth.
>Once again, she charges towards you in a basic way. With your bolas in defensive mode, it doesn't take a lot from you to stop her. Weird, where's the oddly fast, deceptive mare that beat you last time?
"Hey, Clearsoul..." you ask her in a hunch. "Could it be that you don't know how to fight upfront?"
>The knife almost falls from her mouth. Clearsoul looks away with a slight blush on her cheeks, completely forgetting she's in a sparring match.

(1/2)
>>
File: witn51.png (65 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn51.png
65 KB, 400x400
>>27462680
"I thought so, you're a backstabber."
>"T-That sounds terrible! I'm a hunter" the mare explains, taking the knife off her mouth. "I just do as my father says... he fights the monsters and I deliver the final blow."
"Well, that's a good role too, but don't try to fight with a knife if you don't know how" you approach her, taking a few slow steps and stopping the rotation of your bolas. Odd, despite the cold winds unleashing every hour of the day, you feel a bit warm as you approach her. She seems a bit confused, so you should reassure her.
>"Eep!" As soon as you get close to her, you give her a nice, friendly hug, causing Clearsoul to dop the knife completely.
"Do you want to train normally?" You ask her, breaking the hug.
>"Um, that's fine, I don't know..."
>Just then, both your ears perk up at an oncoming sound. You separate from each other just in time for a rolling ball of something alive to whirl past you. On closer inspection, you realize it's Merry and Marion having a heated fight, which ends shortly after with the colt on top of the mare.
>"Do you give up?" He asks the struggling Merry with a triumphant smile. Uh oh, this match is still technically going on.
>>
>>27462691
we can throw our bolas at him and still have our eyes on clearsoul.
>>
>>27462691
Throw the bolas at him, ruin his moment.
>>
File: witn52.png (48 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn52.png
48 KB, 400x400
>>27462719
>>27462763
>Right, now it's your chance to end this skirmish. First of all, you knock aside Clearsoul's knife with a hoof.
>"M-My knife...!"
"Sorry Clear, but we're still in the middle of a fight" you give her a smile as your bolas pick up speed under the influence of your magic. With little need for aim, you throw them right at Marion's legs.
>"Whoa!" The colt, oblivious, rolls above Merry and ends up in the ground himself, tangled on the ropes and weighted down by the heavy metal balls.
>"Yes! Thank you, Knit!" The pegasus, free of her captor, reverses the order and ends up on top of Marion, threatening him with her armored boots. "So? Give up yet?"
>"Dammit! Clearsoul...?" The colt asks, looking around, until he sees the mare, unarmed. "Oh, well... I guess this is our loss, then."
>"Aw yeah!" The pegasus starts bouncing her no less than chubby plot on Marion's stomach, causing the colt to lose his breath for a moment. Next, she turns to you and Clearsoul. "We did it Knit! Take that!" With no shame whatsoever, she lands on top of the pale mare.
>"M-Merry, please, the match is over...!"
>"I know that, but it's nord tradition to gloat over the spoils!" The pegasus rolls around with her friend in the cold ground, causing both to laugh a bit. Next, she turns to you with an evil glint in her eye.
"Ooh, no, don't you dare..."
>"Yep!" Now that's what you mean by fast. Unfolding her wings, Merry takes an unholy amount of impulse, and before you know it, you're in the ground, the mare looking at you from above with a smug expression on her face. "So, how should we celebrate our victory...?" She asks, probably in a completely inoccuous, family friendly way.
>>
>>27462987
food? song? dance? Those are always nice.
(wish we could tickle her)
>>
>>27463019
I support tickle counterattack.
>>
>>27463019
>>27463241
"Gee, I dunno. Food, song, dance? You know, the usual" you reply, trying to hide your own smug grin. Damn, those feathers look plush from here. Maybe one day you'll get her back with a severe tickling session...
>"Aw, aren't you nice" Merry smiles and finally lets you go. In a way you were comfortable down here, she's kind of warm. "Alright gang, should we try once again?"
>"I think the sun will set soon, Merry" Clearsoul states. "We should go back before that."
>"Truly" Marion agrees. "Now each of us knows a bit more about the others, and that's crucial for battle."
"I still can't figure out how Merry sneaks up behind my back every time, though" you ponder.
>"What?" Marion looks at her. "You mean, she didn't tell you?"
"Tell me what?"
>"I-I'm sorry!" Clearsoul immediately apologizes. "I'm not used to talking with ponies about it..."
>"About what? I want in, too" Merry, who's taken a comfortable place hanging from Marion's back with half her body, leans in.

(1/2)
>>
File: witn53.png (48 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn53.png
48 KB, 400x400
>>27463365
>"The reason Clearsoul is a back line fighter" Marion points at her. "She has a very unique ability. Care to demonstrate?"
>The mare nods, and starts removing her boots. At first, you don't notice, but then it strikes you: her hooves are translucid, almost as if they were made of smoke or glass. You can see the ground past her.
>"What's up with those!?" Merry states your thoughts verbally. Instead of replying, Clearsoul begins walking up to a tree, closer, to the point she would bonk her face against it... and then disappears. She simply phases through the tree, as if she didn't exist. "Whoa!"
"Is it for real?" You ask, rubbing your eyes. The moment you open them again, the pale mare has half a body sticking out of the tree, as if she had grown from it.
>"It's... complicated" Marion asserts. "Her body can turn immaterial at will, it's a very rare kind of magic that not even unicorns can master easily."
>"Wow! Now that's an ability and a half!" Merry exclaims. "Since how long have you had it?"
>"Um, I was born with it? Probably. It comes from the family" the mare explains, coming back and putting on her boots, that conceal her ghastly hooves. "I'm sorry I forgot to mention it, I always try not to stand out..."
"Thanks for telling us, either way" you sigh, glad that there's one mystery less in your world. "Should we go back?"
>"Go ahead, I'll catch right up" Marion nods, then begins walking in another direction.
>"Uh... is he alright?" Merry whispers at you and Clearsoul. "Should we stay with him?"
>>
>>27463377
I think he's fine and we can go. If he wants to tell us something he will. We can also just ask him about it later when we're alone.
"hey what'd you do when you split up with us earlier?"
>>
>>27463377
Alright. Clearsoul is a motherfucking ghost. Quickly wondering why this story isn't about her instead.

Tell Clearsoul she is way too overqualified to fight in our group. We know she went easy on us.
>>
File: oshit.png (112 KB, 202x300) Image search: [Google]
oshit.png
112 KB, 202x300
>>27463377
hacks
>>
>>27463427
>>27463535
>>27463576
"I'm sure he would tell us if he needed our help" you frown at the mare. "We should just hurry up" if anything, you can ask him later.
>Picking up the pace, the three of you trot your way back to camp, the sounds of laughter, fire and song in the distance. Meanwhile, there's something you can't help wondering.
"You know, Clearsoul... I still think you're way too strong."
>The mare turns her head to you, confused.
>"What? That isn't true, Knit... I know it's silly, but I really don't know much about fighting, just what my father taught me."
>"But you've got a super nice ability, you could be one helluva fighter if you trained more!" Merry, flying above, shouts down.
>"I know, but... I've never given it a try. Not until now, at least" Clearsoul takes a deep breath. "I'm still so nervous."
"Still, I believe you're overqualified to be with us, and I'm sure you went easy on us" you boldly state. "Wouldn't you be better off with more experienced warriors?"
>"That's not true!" The mare yells back, turning her head away from you. "I want to learn, I, I..." suddenly, she breaks on a run for camp.
"Huh?" The sudden action halts you to a stop. Next, without a chance to wonder, a heavy item hits you in the back of the head. "Ouch!"
>"You soddin' idiot!" Merry yells in your ear. "Are you qualified to tell who's ready and not? If you think she could only beat you because she's so good, and not because you're still green, then you have a lot to learn!" The pegasus flaps her wings upward, and then rushes ahead towards camp, leaving you on your own.
>You arrive last, and already the sun is setting above the treetops. You're alone in the western border of camp. Your tent is on the east side, and soon will be time to eat, not to say now it's fine too. Furthermore, you don't have a clue as to where Merry, Clearsoul, your father or anyone else are.
>>
>>27463618
That's fine. We can just practice with our bolas in the mean time. Or try out that knife suit. I really want to experiment a bit with the knife suit.
>>
>>27463618
Well we messed up big time. How are we gonna get those pones to like us now?
>>
>>27463618
Let's just go to our tent and rest. Geez, it was an opinion, not an order. I mean, no doubt us being a wuss fighter had alot to do with it but with some dedicated training from veterans she would be be a goddess in battle. Once home practice swinging our bola around, different angles, switching directions and such.
>>
>>27463651
Yes. Let's try out the knife suit. We'll never know what it's capable of unless we practice prfociently with it.

After all, our father mentioned how our mom cut many foes down with a wire.
>>
>>27463651
>>27463653
>>27463684
>>27463832
>It's still perhaps a bit too early for dinner, so you make time going across camp. Jeez, you're not sure if those two mares had to take it so harshly. Maybe you worded it wrong: Clearsoul has an ability that puts her above regular fighters by default. She should be working out with expert warriors, for pony's sake!
>Finally, you arrive at your tent, on the east side of camp, and having a bit of space around it, you decide to practice with the bolas on your own. You focus on getting better control of the metallic balls as they spin, getting the rotation to work sideways, in diagonal, and swinging it at odd angles. All in all, it feels like a good workout.
>After that, you lay on your tent, calming down your throbbing horn. You're still not used to this kind of magic activity, but you feel a little stronger, and that can only go higher as time passes. Merry... she probably was right, you still have a lot to learn. In due time, you'll be able to even use those knives with metal wires you saw! Where were they again...?
>That's it, there should be some in the arenas. The one you first saw them is a bit far, so first you try the closest ring. There are very few ponies and griffons around, it seems they're all at the canteen or somewhere else. In the vaults for communal weapons, you find a single metal wire with blades attached to it.

(1/2)
>>
File: witn54.png (45 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn54.png
45 KB, 400x400
>>27463908
"Better than nothing, I guess..." you start controlling it with your magic, stepping across it like a hoop and having it rotate around your waist. Eventually, you pick up more speed, and start gyrating the thing. "Hey... this is pretty easy!" Soon you have the one ring circling around you, and you jumping every time it goes under your legs. Who knew, after having some practice with the bolas, controlling other similar weapons is at your grasp!
>"Knit? It is you!" all of the sudden, your father's voice sounds across the arena. The sun has almost set up completely, and a serious murmur can be heard from afar. Out of the corner of your eye, you see a multitude of ponies moving in the same direction. "The commander is going to address everypony at the war tent, probably about the Aurorian camp we still have to deal with. Do you want to come? You're not a warrior, but listening to Iron Oath's speeches leaves a mark in the heart. Oh, and your friends might be there too!"

Back tomorrow.
>>
>>27463915
i love you
>>
might as well go i guess. then again we would be getting hungry right about now wouldn't we?
>>
nine bump
>>
>>27463915
I'm having a hard time picturing this weapon.
>>
Fuckin' hell Clearsoul is so overpowered. She's so fast she's invisible, can become intangible at will, and is basically fucking invincible.

Meanwhile we're ok at traps, weak at magic, and poor with rope weapons. God I'm still upset people voted for twiddling with rope instead of ice and snow spells. Maybe then we'd be worth a shit. I want to be Clearsoul, other than roflstomping any enemy it would be more interesting than Tight Knit (which doesn't really fit with the rope theme if you ask me).
>>
>>27465743
Ok, ok, I'm being a bit pissy. It's just hard to see someone who worries and is ashamed of her badassness while we struggle to be useful.
>>
>>27465830
Dude I like the idea we're working hard to even be good at battle with our skills set. If we started at good with ice spell then all battle would be "use the [ice-base power here] on the enemy".
Clearsoul's power has it down side where she has to be up close with the surrounding for it to work, so put her in an open field with enemies then she can't use it to her advantage. So what ever make you pissy about her power is that you're not thinking about the down side to it but the advantage that it gives her.
>>
>>27465986
I know! I know! That's why I admitted I'm being pissy.

She's still op as fuck tho.
>>
>>27466056
Just be happy she on our side and not helping with the enemies.
>>
File: 1444509270464.jpg (68 KB, 679x601) Image search: [Google]
1444509270464.jpg
68 KB, 679x601
>>27466073
I'll be less upset when she takes up a warhammer so she can be a constant MC Hammer reference.
>>
let's go up
>>
let's escape page 9
>>
>>27465743
If you please: >>27468206

>>27465500
I'll try to make a diagram explaining it later.
>>
>>27468774
>>
>>27468215
You have to admit that being ultra fast was a natural assumption since her being a living ghost is pretty far out of left field. Still, I was wrong and I shouldn't have gone out of my way to bash Clearsoul.

It will however be very amusing to play Knit who still thinks she's the hottest shit this side of the North.
>>
File: metal ring manual.png (222 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
metal ring manual.png
222 KB, 800x600
>>27470041
I admit it was normal, not having the knowledge and without me conveying things properly in the text and images. The only reason I went out of my way to answer was because it was posted in /cyoa/, and it could be seen by potential players and readers. Again, if I couldn't properly convey these things, it's my fault in the first place. But that pic of Clearsoul appearing behind Knit was hype and I loved how it ended, so I had to take the risk.

>>27465500
In other news, here's the explanation on how the metal rings work. If you need a transcription call back, I'm in a hurry because I need to study a lot. Session will start later than usual tonight (no more than 30 mins) because I need to study a lot.
>>
File: witn55.png (41 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn55.png
41 KB, 400x400
>>27464509
"Sure, I'll go" you reply, however something else rises in priority inside your brain. "Wait, isn't it about dinner time?"
>"Come on, son, we can eat dinner any other hour" your father rolls his eyes. "Don't worry, Iron Oath is a concise stallion."
>Shrugging, you leave the dusty metal ring in the training chest, and cross camp with your father. Hundreds of ponies and others are gathered here.
>A wooden platform has been raised in front of the war tent, and a couple of low braziers illuminate it from below, making the mass of listeners a dark blot. Standing by the rear end of the platform, the generals of camp stand in line, all dressed up in armor. From between two of them, Iron Oath steps up to the front.
>"Brothers and sisters!" He raises a hoof and shouts with a powerful voice. "The time is near for us to prove the strength of the free North! I've called you all here to inform you of things to come!"
"He really is something" you blurt out, surprised by the solemn silence in the mass.
>"Across the plains, past the border that has been imposed on us, lies a large camp of Aurorian troops" Oath continues. "We know they're moving, and we expect an attack soon, and this is why I called you. When the attack comes, we need to be ready, to strike back at them, and if the stars show us favor, to push them back to their own camp and take that land! Take our land back, that was mercilessly stolen by the Aurorians!"
>All of the sudden, there's a massive, synchronized roar across the multitude, your father being one of them. Oath continues talking, but you notice a padded hoof touching your back, and upon turning back, notice it to be Clearsoul's.
>"Knit" she approaches and talks to you with a stern expression, her head held high, rather than being hunched as usual. "I wanted to tell you that, regardless of what you said, I'm going to stay a rookie and learn alongside my friends, because that's who I want to be" she sits with determination and huffs. "Alright?"
>>
>>27470793
Alright. That makes me happy. We can get stronger together.
>>
>>27470793
Alright. That was my opinion, not an order. To be honest with you I envy you natural skill and abilities. I'll have to train so hard to be even half as useful as you. You are a force of nature and to be honest, you kinda scare me.
>>
>>27470833
>>27471035
>Well, it seems she's made up her mind. You shouldn't have any problems with her, at least she's on your side, right?
"Alright, Clearsoul, I'm happy to hear that. If you want, we can become stronger together."
>"R-Really?" The mare immediately deflates. "Phew! Thank the stars, I thought I'd have to be angry at you forever" she approaches with a happy trot and gives you a nice little hug. Past her, you notice Merry and Marion, standing by the rear with amused expressions.
>As Thunder Night said, the speech doesn't last long. With very heartfelt words, Iron Oath bids you all to prepare, to train body and mind and rest regularly to be ready for an incoming Aurorian attack. Since their push has been so hasty, everything points at a cheeky attempt at taking your camp.
>"Well, they won't find us willing!" Merry slams her wooden mug on the table. The four of you are eating dinner after the speech, and you honestly needed it. The effect of your first monster meat leaves behind a titanic thirst, and where you thought you'd be hungry now, you find yourself only thirsty, drinking ale like there's no tomorrow.

(1/2)
>>
File: witn56.png (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn56.png
22 KB, 400x400
>>27471133
"To be fair" you continue your conversation with Clearsoul on the other side of the table, "I wasn't giving you an order or anything. I was thinking like that because, well... I'm a bit envious of your abilities."
>"Me? B-But I can only sneak and run..." the mare looks at you, perplexed.
"Well, it seemed like much more to me. I'm just a normal pony, and I have to learn normally, but you could become a force of nature if you trained."
>"Mhm, mhm!" Marion doesn't bother saying a lot, his cheeks swollen with ale.
>"I hope I can learn while I'm with my friends..." the pale mare seems to be wondering about her future.
"You have the skills, it's up to you to put them to good use."
>After the drink, you all take a walk to the north side of camp. Past the war tent, there's a nice hill overlooking a small section of the forest. The clear night sky of the North welcomes you all.
>"Ooh, my birthsign is in the sky tonight!" Merry jumps happily. "I've got to pray before I sleep~! What about y'all?"
>At a quick glance, you don't recognize it, but soon enough, your eyes lay upon your birthsign, the constellation that protects you since you were born...

>[Every pony is born under a constellation with a name, such as the Lance, the Coin or the Mountain. Choose a suitable birthsign for Knit, either from examples found in the lore guide at the OP, or by inventing a new one. Some say cutie marks take after birthsigns, others say they're just vaguely related.]
>>
>>27471144
tower or heart gets my vote. Leaning towards the heart though because knit wants to explore the land and who says he won't want to help who he can along the way.
>>
>>27471144
Tower.

Clearsoul, I can't believe you got angy with me because I said you were so strong you deserve better!
>>
>>27471144
Tower
>>
File: witn57.png (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn57.png
34 KB, 400x400
>>27471187
>>27471204
>>27471222
>Drifting across the night sky is the Tower, the symbol of those who fight to protect anything they hold dear. You've most probably inherited traits from your mother, who was also a Tower. She, who even as a simple seamstress adapted to the harshness of the North for the sake of those she loved.
"I got lucky, the Tower is up there" you idly muse, unable to take your eyes off the construct. It doesn't look much like a tower, to be honest, but that's the deal with these constellations most of the time. Hundreds, no, thousands and more tiny stars cloud around its ethereal edges, all of them souls of ponies who died and ascended. Your mother is there, somewhere, and once you die, you will too ascend.
>Back down the hill, you and Clearsoul go over the specifics of your earlier conversation, having a more friendly jab while others go uphill.
"Really, Clearsoul, you got so angry just because I said you were too good to be with us..."
>"But I value friends more than anything! You can't tell me to go away just because!" The mare pouts, but you and her are in a better mood.
"Well, I just said..." your thoughts begin to drift at a rare sight: a pony, covered head to hooves in several layers of thick, ragged clothing, their face completely obscured save for the reflection of the moon and stars. "Huh..."
>"Knit? You alright?" Merry asks by your side, but your brain is turning its attention towards the strange figure, sitting alone at the side of the hill. Something about those clothes comes back to you...
"Wait" now you remember! Those ragged drapes are from the tent you last saw Merry Ivy in! There's no doubt, even under the faint light you recall them. Could it mean anything? Perhaps it's just a pony who decided to put them on, but then again, they're very poor clothes, nopony would just have them on having better alternatives...
>>
>>27471409
Tell your friends, sneak up on her, catch her, question her
>>
>>27471409
get your bolas ready!
>>
>>27471409
Have Clearsoul get 'em and we'll tie 'em up.

Boom. Done.
>>
>>27471437
Now now, we can't let Clearsoul do everything. We must practice our stealth so we can surpass her's.
>>
File: witn58.png (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn58.png
32 KB, 400x400
>>27471420
>>27471424
>>27471437
"Guys, I think there's something wrong with that pony over there."
>Before taking any chances, you gather your friends around and whisper your suspicions to them, at the same time readying your bolas.
>"It might be a false positive, but we'll catch him just to make sure" Marion nods. "We'll approach from behind. Knit, you have your weapon, so capture will go smoothly if you or Clear try first."
"Let me go, I still owe that pony, or whatever she is" you begin spinning the bolas. "No offense, Clearsoul."
>"Oh, don't worry, I'll be here in case you need me" the mare smiles and, without removing her boots, begins phasing through the earth, as if she was sinking in mud.
>"Wow, you actually are too strong for us" Merry pokes the sinking mare.
>"O-Oi, if I do it wrong I'll fall through the world...!" Clearsoul enters in a panic, and finally sinks her whole body. The way she went down, rigid as a statue, sends you shivers.
>You make your calculations, and at this distance, with a still target, you have a perfectly clear shot. The bolas hit the pony in the neck, immediately weighing her down onto the ground with a hollow neigh.
>"Got you!" Marion and you land on top of the pony and begin unstrapping the clothes. "Now tell us... huh?"
>However, the face that looks back isn't Merry Ivy at all, but a blueish grey stallion, looking dumbstruck at you both.
>"Oh... d-did we mess up?" Clearsoul suddenly reappears, as if climbing from a summit. So that's how she snuck up on you...
"Gah, I'm sorry about this" you talk to the stallion. "Are you alright, Ivy?"
>"Huh? O-Oh, yes, I'm fine, I..." a moment later, the 'stallion' realizes he's fallen for your trap.
"I knew it! It had to be you, with these clothes. Who are you, what did you do to gain Merry's form, huh!?" However, the stallion does not respond.
>"At least we got him now, uh, her, uh..." Marion scrunches at his own wordplay. "Any ideas as to what to do now?"
>>
>>27471753
Bring them to the commander obviously.
>>
>>27471753
Check her face for any masks. Just to make sure she's a spy.
>>
>>27471791
>>27471886
>Looking around, with all these clothes in the way, you can't discern a mask or anything that could identify him as a spy. Nevertheless, you try the next best method: trying to pull his face with magic.
>"Mmph!"
>"Knit!" Clear and Merry look away. "What are you doing!?"
"Just making sure he doesn't have a mask or anything magical on, okay?" You reply, exhausted. "Anyway, we have to bring him to the commander. If he took on Merry's form, he was there when the Aurorians attacked, which means..."
>"He's an Aurorian. Possibly related to the monster attack" Marion taps the clothing. "Maybe he's got an item of great power..."
>"I-I'm not one of them, I promise!" The stallion suddenly replies. "I just want to leave, please...!"
"Oh? And what were you doing here?" You ask, looking at your surroundings. Not many ponies are left looking at the stars.
>"I was going to run... patrols too frequent..." the stallion sobs. Biting your lower lip, you and Marion pull him up, and with the help of the ladies, bring him to the war tent nearby.

(1/2)
>>
File: witn59.png (43 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn59.png
43 KB, 400x400
>>27472031
>"What!? He is the one who took on Merry Ivy's appearance?" Iron Oath bumps your request to the highest priority once you explain the details. "Tie him up at once! With all these preparations, we have seldom time to interrogate anypony else, but we'll find it."
>The military ponies around tie the stallion's hooves to a post and begin striping him of clothing layers. He begins to shake noticeably.
>"Please, no, the clothes, I, I'm cold...!" He struggles to speak sometimes, but makes his intent very clear.
>"We'll take care of him all night long" Iron Oath smirks at your group, then puts his face against the intruder's, who begins shaking even harder. "He certainly doesn't look like a soldier, and he's not a unicorn. Strange" he turns back to you. "Go rest easy, brothers, and come back tomorrow if you wish to help. We need to learn as much as we can before the Aurorians make their move."
>Being subtly shunned out of the tent, you all make way to your tents, say your goodnights, and have a good night's rest. Fortunately, you're not on patrol this time, so you sleep through the stars' embrace and wake up the next day. Surprisingly, your father is absent, but he's left a pile of roughly baked cookies nearby. Good old soldier cookies. How should you begin your day?

I'll be back tomorrow.
>>
>>27472045
Check on the pony we captured.
>>
>>27472045
Practice ring of death.

I got an idea. What if we take some long rope and wrap it just enough to run the entire circumference around the ring of death and we had previously soaked the rope in something flammable? Given that we could light it quickly and effectively we could turn our ring of death into THE RING OF FIRE, surprising and possibly terrifying the enemy. We may not be as kickass as Clearsoul so we're gonna have to use our wits to scare the bajeezus outta the Arourians.
>>
>>27472045
Well eating the cookies
>>
>>27474100
Without milk. To show our manliness.
>>
>>27474155
>>
>>27472045
Eat half them cookies and share the rest with your friends. They would appreciate it.
>>
sleep bump
>>
Ponies and war don't really mix unless it's ponies having a gigantic food fight to settle their differences.
>>
sweep
>>
>>27472780
>>27473556
>>27474100
>>27474155
>>27475299
>The plate of cookies looks pretty inviting, specially since you haven't eaten anything in about a day. That monster meat did its job, but now your stomach is starving, so you dig away at the dry, slightly oversweetened cookies with gusto. And no milk. You're no milk drinker, you're a nord.
>These cookies prove to be heavy, and after half the plate or so, you decide to stop. Packing them up in a small bag and tying it to your belt, you decide to keep them in case you can give your friends some.
"Hmm, what to do, what to do..." you look outside the tent. Other than the continuous movement of weapons and armor from the west side, nothing seems to have changed. "Guess I'll have a morning workout, then go check on that imposter."
>Wondering if the ponies at the war tent have gotten some information out of the captured pony, you go towards the southeast arena. There's quite a few ponies practicing and sparring in the flat expanse of land, the training chest ravaged for all it's worth. However, the metal ring is still there, mostly a unicorn weapon, so you decide to give it another try along with the bolas.
>As you thought, trying both at the same time doesn't quite work, but your control with each separated is good enough. Somehow, you can't work the metal ring as well as last night, maybe a fluke, or the influence of the monster meat, but it helps you understand it better.

(1/2)
>>
File: witn60.png (54 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn60.png
54 KB, 400x400
>>27479697
>"Oiii! Knit!" Suddenly, Merry appears in the horizon, flying at low altitude. "Morning! I figured you were somewhere nearby... oh? Are you practicing with that?" She points at the metal ring
"I wanted to give it another try" you hold the solid weapon with a hoof and sit down. "Morning, Merry. Any news?"
>"Nothing, but the others and I will check on that weird pony we captured" she says. "Wanna come?"
"Sure, I've worked out enough for the morning" leaving the ring in the box, you follow your friend to the war tent. "Hey Merry, do you think I could find a way to light the metal ring on fire? That'd make one terrifying weapon."
>"Oh yeah!" She agrees. "You could tie some rope or cloth and light it. Or you could use a magibead! If we found any..."
"A what now?"
>"Don't you know? The unicorns of the Empire produce these little beads, they're spell containers that anypony can use" Merry explains. "They have a lot of uses, but they rarely reach here. Maybe when we capture an Aurorian city we'll pillage it for some! Gyahahaha!!"
>At the war tent, you meet with Marion and Clearsoul, and after offering them some cookies, which they accept gladly, you all go inside and ask about the prisoner.
>"He didn't say a word all night" the griffon chick, subordinate of Iron Oath, explains while pointing at the wretch. He seems quite crestfallen and thin with starvation. "We don't know what's wrong with him, he ate food but he's still weak. Feel free to ask him anything."
>>
>>27479716
he's probably cold and you should wrap a blanket around him.
>>
>>27479716
We're much to proud to use a spell cast for us by someone else. We'll cast spells our self! Someday...
>>
>>27479716
He's a shapeshifter, a face stealer. He's got to be weird all around, like not eating normal food, right?
>>
>>27479716
Uh... yo homedog. Whatchu know about Aurorians? What about crazy monsters? I know you're a crazy monster or something killing Ivy like that.
>>
>>27479738
>>27479834
>>27479859
>>27479871
>Looking at the poor colt, it seems to you that he's not hungry, but cold. With his forehooves tied to a post behind him, permanently upward, his muscles shiver, and he's trying hard to keep his teeth from clattering. Something must be wrong.
>As the four of you approach the post, you walk behind and retrieve one of the clothes he was hiding under last night. Returning to the front, you cover him with it.
>"Huh?" He suddenly realizes the warmth around him.
"There we go. Better?" You sit beside him, as do your friends. "You don't like the cold, do you?"
>"Uh... no. I don't like the cold" he replies, locking eyes with you. Interesting, he didn't speak all night, but as soon as you showed him some kindness he seemed to open a bit. Perhaps they were rough with him.
"So, would you like to tell us where you're from? You stole one of our fighters' appearance and got in. Are you with the Aurorians? Is there anything you could tell us? About the monster, perhaps?" You approach and whisper to him. "We'll give you more clothes if you do" the colt's eyes seem to light up.
>"I, I'm not with them, the monster is not!" he blurts out. "I travel, north, always north, but then... got weak, too cold..."
>"What does that mean? You arrived at the North? When?"
>"The war... it already started. Then, I tried to live, but now they force me to fight, and I don't want to get caught again...!" His speech becomes more frantic as he recollects events. "I don't want to fight, I must go north...!"

(1/2)
>>
File: witn61.png (48 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn61.png
48 KB, 400x400
>>27480009
"Hmm..." you exchange looks with your friends. "From the way you speak, you don't seem from the Nine Lands. Outsider?"
>"Outsider?" He stops and blinks. "Yes. Far away, another land. The Queen cannot reach me here."
>"The Queen?" Clearsoul speaks up. "Where are there queens outside the Nine Lands?"
>"Ooh, ooh, I know!" Merry raises a hoof. "Way far east, I heard there are other pony kingdoms!"
>"Please... I can get water, please?" He finally stops forcing himself and drops again. "Please..."
>"He's exhausted, probably didn't get any sleep" Marion examines him. "We should at least give him some water, now he's told us some useful things. He might not be an Aurorian after all."
>"I'll go!" Merry stands up. "Knit, how about you come with me? We can discuss that sweet weapon upgrade from before!"
"Huh? Oh, that!" Since Merry is always so active about weapons, you figure it could be interesting. Following her outside the tent, you walk to a nearby water deposit for troops. "I thought about those beads you were telling me, and I don't know... it feels like cheating. I'm an unicorn, I should be able to cast my own magic, no support."
>"Haa?" The pegasus opens wide while she refills an empty jug. "But they're so useful! I wish I could get my hooves on one..."
"That might be so, but I want to cast my own powerful spells!" You stand proud "Someday..." kind of.
>"What's that I hear?" Suddenly, a voice you immediately process as obnoxious, charged with chagrin, speaks clearly behind your backs. "Here I find another unicorn in this star forsaken camp, and lo, he's an absolute idiot" turning around, you meet with a bleak pink mare, mane curled into twin braids, looking at you with disgust. "What's that about not using magibeads, are you really that naive?"
>>
>>27480022
Probably. I mean, I didn't even know those things existed until an hour ago. There's probably a bunch of stuff we don't know. But there are things you don't know either.
Get him the water.
>>
>>27480022
I'm not pureblood unicorn, forgive me for not automatically knowing unicorn things.
>>
>>27480073
i think it has more to do with there not being any unicorns in our life to teach us things then our blood purity. We were taught things the earth pony way.
>>
>>27480022
DO YOU KNOW MAGIC AND CAN YOU TEACH ME!?!
>>
>>27480022
and who are you?
>>
>>27480060
>>27480073
>>27480100
>>27480107
>Before you answer, you take your time to look at her. She seems confident in herself, and her horn is quite long and shiny. She must take care of it persistently.
"Eh... who are you, again?"
>"Oh, my, apologies" the mare struts to your side, ignoring Merry, who scrunches at her. "My name is Brunhilde Roschneide, of the west. My family is one of the very few pure unicorn blooded there is in the North. And who may you be, hmm?"
"Well, my name is Tight Knit, and maybe because I'm not a pure blood unicorn, I'm not versed in magibeads and similar things" you reply, keeping a serious, distant expression. "I just learned about them a short while ago, and I don't know anything about them. Just like you, who don't know anything about me. Let's go, Merry" you prompt your friend, who smiles at you.
>"Ah, but that's wrong" the mare raises a hoof and caresses your chin, while speaking very close to you. The jar in Merry's hooves is shaking slightly. "I can see in your eyes, the desire to learn" walking past you, she flicks her tail at your face. "Do you want to see how magibeads work? That will give you an idea of what you're missing."
"I... guess" you look at Merry, who's focused solely on her, wings partially unfolded.
>"Look" Brunhilde shows you a bracelet in her right hoof. A big, brown, shiny marble rests on it, crack shaped reflections dancing across its surface with mesmerizing diffusions. "This is a magibead. A powerful earth based spell is contained here, and anypony can use it repeatedly, just by coming in contact with it. Like this."

(1/2)
>>
File: witn62.png (46 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn62.png
46 KB, 400x400
>>27480341
>The mare picks up a pebble with her magic, and stepping back, she drops it like one would lazily toss such a thing aside, with no force whatsoever. At the same time, you notice the marble glows for a moment and loses some of its luster. As soon as the pebble touches the ground, it shakes and splits the earth, creating a long fracture across camp and scaring a few ponies ahead.
>"See? That was a very simple telekinetic spell, however powered by this" she flaunts her hoof again.
"That was... pretty good, actually. Do you think you could teach me? About magic, in general."
>"Oh ho ho ho!" She laughs. "Any time you want! You can find me in the west part of camp. Bye bye" waving lazily, the mare struts her way outside of your vision, her hips shaking kind of unnaturaly.
>"Hey" suddenly, some angry pegasus' face shows up in front of you. "How long are you gonna stare at her?"
"Wha! Don't scare me like that!" You pout at Merry, and forgetting about the mare for now, you return to the war tent with her.
>"Oi, oi, I can't let you do that" however, Iron Oath himself blocks your access to the prisoner, standing huge, while Marion and Clearsoul try to reason with him. "He may have given you real information, or a bunch of horseballs. Do you ponies think with your heads? We can't afford giving him anything. Now leave with that water some place else."
>>
>>27480368
I hate her but we're going to her tent right fucking NOW and not leaving until we're a god damn wizard.
>>
>>27480368
Really? Because somepony apparently gave him food last night and I didn't hear about that being a problem. And until we arrived you didn't even get a word out of him.
Why wouldn't he just continue to remain silent?
I would rather be given horseballs then nothing
>>
>>27480408
for basic shit using magibeads I understand, but being a god damn wizard will be to much man.
>>
>>27480368
Well he started to talk when we show some kindness, even if the information may not be true at lest he is talking.
>>
>>27480526
Think of it, for once in his life Knit has someone to teach him proper magic.
>>
>>27480408
>>27480432
>>27480544
>Ah, damn, not this again.
"Commander, if I may" you step up in front of Marion. "He only started talking when we showed him some kindness. It might be horseballs, but at least he's talking."
>"Yessir, I believe in the method as well, sir" Marion supports you.
>"Are you sure you want to be wasting time on that? The Aurorians will move any time soon, we're already prepared for anything, monster or else" the commander cocks an eyebrow.
"Sir, didn't he already get food? If so, why didn't he speak?" you attack from a different angle. "It was only because he saw something in us, maybe a certain lack of malice, that he decided to talk. I think he's too tired to even try to cover any allies."
>"Please, commander" Clearsoul steps forward. "We're aware of everything that's going on, but if there's a good time to do this, it might be now, and not after the battle."
>The large stallion looks at you all in turn, including Merry, who happily shakes the jug of water. Finally, he sighs.
>"Alright, it is your time. Don't set him free, and don't comply to any request besides the basic" turning around, he lets you inside the tent. "We'll have to think of how to keep a whole lot more prisoners when we win the next battle."

(1/2)
>>
>>27480368
Man, does everyone have to be so op? It makes me not want to take the chance at fighting anything anymore.
>>
>>27480639
So queens eh? Maybe we should show the poor pony a bit more compassion and LOVE.
>>
>>27480639
>Approaching the prisoner, who seems to react lively to your presence, you give him the water and wait for him to finish gulping greedily.
>"Aah!" He sighs with relief. "Thank you very much. I don't eat much food, but water..."
>"Then, maybe you'll talk some more with us?" Merry sits nearby and asks.
>"But I told everything that was useful" the colt replies with a sad face. "I'm sorry, I don't know what else."
"We'll figure something out. It's good that you spoke, maybe if you're not lying we can clear your name" and maybe you can figure out what kind of magic he's using. Magic, magic... "Anyway, I have to go somewhere."
>"Wait a second, you're not thinking on taking on that mare's offer, are you?" Merry pouts.
"For the sake of the stars, Merry, I need the training."
>"Hmph!"
>However, before you reach the entrance to the war tent, a loud galloping noise comes from outside, its source breaking into the tent at full speed: a young pegasus colt, panting heavily and exercising his wings, apparently sore.
>"What's happening over there!?" You hear Iron Oath approach, his very steps shaking the tent.
>"S-Sir, news from the front!"
>"Calm down, brother, speak clearly" the stallion gives him a passive look.
>"I can't! It's the Aurorians, sir! They're forming near the edge of the forest! They're marching on us, today!"
>"Spread the news, everypony form on the east side!!" Without a single second of delay, Iron Oath's order resounds with such potency, it sends you back to where your friends are. Well, so much for that.

I apologize for cutting the session one update short, today's bulk of studying was hefty, and I'm out of gas. Tomorrow I'll have more time to plan myself, so I can guarantee a normal session.
>>
Ok, I'm going to give thoughts. I'll only touch on Clearsoul for a second. I played TNL 1 and the abilities were were different and maybe out there. I was ok with that because the characters had obviously worked and trained to get those abilities and use them well. Clearsoul as the ability to not be touched, automatically giving a megahuge advantage. She just has these uber abilities and it feels really bullshit. If she had a lesser version and progressively worked up to what she can do now I would be much happier. The phasing through the ground is just too much for me to swallow. Becoming invisible and phasing through stuff? I guess I can maybe buy that. Phasing through the earth and popping up anywhere? No. Still, I don't know all the details.

Now, on to Knit. Tight Knit is a mess. His character puts me to sleep, or rather lack of one. His name, cutiemark, and colors don't match. It's a mess. I think the biggest reason is character creation. So Fins, I apologize for asking for it but please never have character creation again. You've proven that you can make decent MC's.

Storywise I'm bored and waiting for something to kick off the real adventure something really exciting or worthwhile. I've even thought of something crazy to do but I figure I'll see what happens first. The whole quest feels meh and that makes me sad because TNL deserve to be great.
>>
>>27480666
Time to use those wire knives in battle.
>>
>>27480870
I just find many things around us super mega OP in general. Like that unicorn running around causing earthquakes by touching beads. How his mom cut down hordes with a wire. How his dad and the minotaur guy have ungodly strength. And as you said, Clearsoul's phasing.

And just to top it off, we get hated on by all of our friends just for simply saying that Clearsoul was powerful.

It really makes me annoyed how we're just sorta at the bottom of everything. We'll basically lose any serious fight we get ourselves into and we can't do crap compared to what everyone around us can already do 10x easier.

I'm not asking for much, but Knit seriously needs a buff. I want to spend our time doing something else interesting rather than just practicing all day.
>>
>>27482184
I think the explanation for the unicorn is that her braclet is somehow modifying the magibead to be extra powerful. Dad was likely exaggerating. I can see where you're coming from but here in the Nine Lands things be cray. This is just a little more cray than I like though. I can appreciate the concept of growing stronger, which TNL 1 did quite well I believe. But here I don't give a shit about Knit. I enjoy absolutely nothing about him. The most interesting thing recently is the Changling. I genuinely feel like nearly all the problems stem from character creation and I feel responsible because I asked for it when Fins was planning on making an MC for us which I know for a fact would be better. I know it's extreme, but I want to just replace Knit. Be someone else. Make a new guy or redesign the current MC. Again, probably too extreme but I want to fix this and have fun playing in the Nine Lands once again.
>>
>>27482585
you can also leave if you just can't suck it up. you're the reason we had that small argument with clearsoul in the first place aren't you? Let it go already.
though who knows, maybe fin will bend over backwards to please you.
i personally am just sitting back and seeing what happens.
also knit is reserved, that doesn't mean he doesn't have a character. he apparently has huge confidence issues with all the whining he's been doing about not being a good fighter.
>>
>>27482800
Ok fuck I'm sorry. Really. I'm demanding too much.

I don't know. Maybe I'm seeing nothing but the downsides. I'm sorry for shitting up everything.
>>
>>27483246
you aren't "shitting it up" though I think it's getting to you when it shouldn't. you just need to roll with things.
>>
sweet dreams bump.
>>
File: thanks for the comments.gif (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
thanks for the comments.gif
18 KB, 400x400
>>27480870
>>27482184
>>27482585
>>27482800
>>27483246
>>27483326
Thank you all for your critique. I see where you're coming from, and sadly, there's no other way to fix a quest already in motion than playing it to its conclusion. TNL in general is about characters growing in a dangerous world, and it makes sense that the weak become stronger quickly, and those already strong seem out of league. Still, you don't have to buy that.

The beginning has been slow, but things will pick up soon I don't regret doing character creation, but I personally enjoy more giving premade templates. However, it was an enjoyable exercise, and if you guys don't like the character, then it's up to me to write him better, and to you to give me pointers. We make the character together.

If this doesn't please you, well the only options are to keep playing and giving me your opinion, talking among yourselves, or simply taking a passive seat. While I'd hate that, I can't stop anyone, and your reasons are likely to be well justified. So once again, I really appreciate you being forward, it gives me the indicators I need to know how to thread the needle better.

The world of TNL is how it is, so all I can ask of you is that you believe in the character, guide him and help him grow. The North is only the second harshest place in the Nine Lands, so only the strong survive, and I believe you can become strong. If it helps, this is the first cyoa where I've got a strong hold of my timing, drawing and writing, and that's making it immensely fun for me to run. On top of that, the amount of players is crazy, I have only got this response in Don't Fuck, and that was clearly meme bait. So don't stop contesting the world until it's fun for you too.

One last pointer: if you read the last update, you'll notice things are about to pick up very soon. So don't faulter right when your friends and homeland need you for real, now it's the time to prove that you've grown in just a few days ingame.
>>
>>27485318
I swear to help you help me to help you.
>>
File: witn63.png (39 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn63.png
39 KB, 400x400
>>27480663
>>27481703
>"Oh gosh!" Clearsoul starts trotting in place. "They're coming so soon? I need to go with my father!"
>"We still have some time" Marion states. "We should split, quickly prepare everything we need, and meet later."
"My tent is near the border" you quickly claim. "We can use it as a meeting spot."
>You friends agree and leave the tent together. You, on the other part, go with the strange prisoner one more time.
"It seems that there will be a battle soon, but don't worry, we'll come back and talk" you smile at the colt.
>"Okay... W-What about me? Still tied?"
"Sorry, they'll probably keep watch on you."
>"Oh... okay" the pony still gives you a weak smile.
>Without a word, you exit the tent and head south. Along with your tent, there's the arena with the metal ring that you covet. Having two weapons to switch between will give you an advantage in the upcoming battle.
>"Hey, son!" Passing through your tent, you meet your father resting on the fresh ground. "Where are you up to in such a hurry?"
"To the arena, I saw a weapon I'd like to have..."
>"What? Don't use the training spares!" Thunder immediately gets up and stops you. "We have better quality weapons, come here."
>Not far from where your tent is, a group of chests and racks bursting with weapons has been prepared, for the event of battle. There, your father bids you to look, and after searching every chest to the bottom, you find a single, hard ring of metal with many blades attached, as well as a small, bowl shaped indent.
"Huh? What is that for?"
>"Ooh, a unicorn weapon" Thunder peeks from behind. "I believe that hole is for a magibead. Have you heard about them? Good luck finding one in this land, though" sadly, he's not in position to teach you about unicorn things, which probably hurts your abilities. "What are you doing now, anyway? Lotta rush just to grab a weapon. Hunting trip with your friends?" Right, the news still haven't reached the camp. You need to think what to do now.
>>
>>27490434
you and your father split up and tell the others to get ready for the fight that's about to begin.
>>
>>27490434
Father, what if I were to tell you that the Aurorians are marching on us at this very moment?

How odd. These slots for magibeads are unfamiliar. I noticed the unicorn's bracelet but on a weapon too? This is new.
>>
>>27490434
I hope we get an air/wind/weather based magibeads or maybe one with all combined because of our weapon style. Like spinning the metal ring causing a whirlwhind.
>>
>>27490491
>>27490643
"Interesting... a spot for a magibead, on a weapon? Is that a common thing?" You turn around and ask your father forward.
>"Here in our land you won't find them easily, but I've heard the unicorns of the Redspear Empire manufacture them" the stallion shrugs. "I suppose it's easier to use if you can fuse it to the weapon directly."
"I met anoher unicorn today, she had a bracelet with a similar spot. I still need to learn about these things..." you clatter your teeth, a bit disappointed at things you could have learned, were your mother not...
>"Mhm, you're still young Knit, don't be sour" your father, being the stallion he is, ruffles your mane and pulls you in for a hug, which shatters the thin layer of doubt and self-criticism you had built. "You still haven't told me why the rush to have a weapon."
"Father, what if I told you the Aurorians are making their move, today?" You level your eyes with the stallion, slightly taller than you. His jaw remains in place, but his expression takes a serious turn.
>"I see, so it's finally happening... well, cheer up son, if we win this round, you'll get to see part of your homeland that was taken away" he gives a smile, not in the usual jesting way, but trying to inspire something in you. And it's working, in a way. To move beyond these borders, perhaps it would be nice.

(1/2)
>>
File: witn64.png (43 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn64.png
43 KB, 400x400
>>27490888
"I'm going to reunite with my friends at our tent. The commander sent the order that everypony form on the east border" you finish explaining the situation.
>"Then I'll go find Scrambler and a few friends, and we'll see you soon" your father turns around and begins walking away. "Don't worry, we'll be nearby!"
>As he leaves, you see a few ponies, mostly pegasi sweeping the air, yelling for everyone to form at the east side like you just told Thunder to. Backtracking to your tent, you meet your friends and formally move to answer the call of war.
>Hundreds of ponies, griffons and more line up across the vast length of the eastern border. Along with your weapon, you're issued a set of light leather armor, a minimum of protection that doesn't hinder your speed or magic. Clearsoul takes only a helmet, while Marion and Merry take pieces of more heavy, metallic padded armor. It seems that the official preparations are yet to begin.
>"Alright, brethren, listen up!!" Suddenly, the griffon chick that you've seen sometimes at the war tent speaks in your general direction, asserting not only you, but a wide group. She wears a gorgeous mantle on her back, and her silver shining helmet rests by her talons. "The Aurorians are moving soon, and we need to start preparing right now! We'll divide in platoons for the battle, and you all have been assigned to me! I want to know right now what's everypony's strength, and where do you intend to use it! What will it be, scout, front line or back line!?"
>"Hmm, I'm an archer, so the backline is for me" Marion thinks out loud.
>"Not for me, I'm going front line!" Merry stomps the ground with her iron boots.
>"I think I'll scout ahead... I do better hiding than fighting" Clearsoul opens up, as your assigned captain heads towards your group.

Goofy ass griffon.
>>
>>27490911
front line for us.
>>
>>27490911
Front line. Damn, didn't get to do our RING OF FIRE idea.

Maximum levels of derpage.
>>
File: witn65.png (246 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn65.png
246 KB, 400x400
>>27490952
>>27491074
>After your friends notify the captain, it is your turn.
>"What will it be, lad?"
"Front line" you answer without hesitation, and with your magic show her your two weapons.
>"Huh, an offensive weapon and a chase weapon. Solid choice" scribbling in a piece of parchment where she's keeping her count, the griffon moves to the next group. There's about fifty or so nords in your platoon, as a whole.
>"Woo, Knit is coming with me!" Merry raises her hooves in the air.
>"And I'll go with you too" Thunder suddenly appears at your back. "I couldn't find Scrambler or the others, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss my son's first open battle."
>A while after the recount your captain returns, this time with her helmet solidly attached to her head.
>"Alright, listen up, the plan's here!" She yells with her gruff voice. "We'll use the forest to our advantage, and spread in groups to make sure no surprise moves happen! When the scouts blue return, followed by the Aurorians red, they'll inform each of the platoons and merge with the front line green! Then, they will move and surprise the Aurorians with that information! The back line purple will find suitable spots to get in and help! Clear?" Your pale friend jumps at first, until she realizes the captain was merely asking everyone for confirmation. "Alright, scouts follow me! The rest, eat and get to your positions, we are a few hours from battle!"
>Clearsoul gives you all short hugs and takes your best wishes with her, while the rest of you stay back. You're issued some food and a small piece of monster meat, less than half the chunk you got last time. You keep it in your bags for the time being.
>"Ooh boy" Merry can barely eat, her bowl shaking in her hooves. "I... I don't know how to feel! I'm excited, but also a bit scared...!" Looking at you with a slightly unsettling grin, she asks. "How are you doing, Knit?"
>>
>>27491321
I have no idea what to expect since we've never been in an open battle before. Right now we're just playing out scenarios in our head of what can happen and slightly nervous but we also know we'll have merry and our father watching our back so that's comforting.
Overall though, I want to show those aurorians that they made a mistake marching here today.

let's also smack as many as we can in the head with our bolas.
>>
>>27491321
Their defeat here will could be crushing to their morale. I wonder if it's like this all along the front?
>>
>>27491321
Something tells me that this will be a costly battle for both sides. It may not even matter who will win if it turns out true.
>>
>>27491381
>>27491428
>>27491472
>Sitting atop a stump, your father and Merry share their view of the forest ahead, while you stand right beside them on the ground.
"I don't know... right now I'm playing out scenarios in my head. Whatever happens, it's my first battle in the open, and a big one too."
>"I know, it will decide a lot of things. Do you think the other camps are having this too?" The pegasus continues.
>"Probably, those Aurorians wouldn't move without some coordination" your father answers instead. "Then again, so are we."
"I hope we can win, and crush the Aurorians' morale. I don't expect the battle to go without a few losses, either."
>"While it's not our style, always remember to protect those closer to you" Thunder's voice drops to a whisper. "Even if you have to kill another nord, make sure there's a reason for it."
>Your mind goes back to Merry Ivy, who died in that night assault on camp. If a simple raid gave both sides casualties, this battle will no doubt be source of grief for many. However, it's also your chance to go out there, to reclaim the land and stop musing.

(1/2)
>>
>>27491689
>After the meal, the front and back lines separate, with Marion leaving your group. The rest of you stand in front of the griffon captain, while Iron Oath walks across the entire line, giving speeches to the different groups. Decked in full armor, he's certain to join the battle as well.
>As the sun keeps rolling on, you're prompted to move in, and scatter in small groups across the forest. You stand near Thunder and Merry, always in sight of other groups or the captain herself. This continues for a while, until you're told to stop.
>"And now we wait" the griffon walks around informing everyone. "Take cover and wait for the scouts. Remember, we will use the forest to our advantage, and fight together. Never leave your brothers and sisters our of your sight, hear?"
>With a nod, you focus on finding a good hiding, making use of the low pines and bushes. Standing in the cold ground, with Merry and your father, not a sound to be heard save the rustling of leaves, the hours go on.
>At last, you hear galloping noises, and soon some of your scouts return. You don't see Clearsoul, but she's from your platoon, so she must be near.
>"Everypony! The Aurorians are coming! Prepare yourselves!" You hear the scouts whisper around, finding their own places to hide. Soon, you hear it: the noise of several dozen hoofsteps, treading the forest with care, but not enough to go undetected. A group of silhouettes shows up right ahead of you, some at your left and right. Your father prepares his mouth weapon, while Merry stands there, eager to go. Should you call the attack, wait for someone else to do, or perhaps try to get as many as you can on your own?
>>
>>27491707
Let's wait until we're close and personal, but not close enough so they can spot us.

Is it possible that we can let them pass us and flank em?
>>
>>27491707
they do say that you should strike first and strike fast. we shouldn't drag this out. then again we're war rookies.
>>
>>27491707
I ain't calling the attack. Ain't our job.
>>
>>27491751
>>27491783
>>27491824
>Damn, perhaps if you knew more about strategy, but you wouldn't want to risk it and call it at a wrong time. You'll have to at least wait until they're close enough, but how close is that?
>"Knit, Merry" suddenly, your father whispers. "Let the first ones pass. Our brothers behind and us will take them down."
"Okay, father."
>"Yes" Merry simply nods.
>Unmoving, without making a sound, and trying to ignore the beating of your hearts, you wait for the Aurorians to pass. Hidden under a tree, you can't see a lot, just their mostly armored boots and bodies, not the offensive weapon Merry has, but standarized armor with a bit of plate and some free spots behind the hooves, at the flanks... maybe the shoulder joints?
>The first group passes, and your father walks crouched past you, asking you and Merry to turn around. Just then, he prepares his weapon next to his mouth, and enacts a soft kind of whistle, almost like the sound of a bird. Then, he nods to you both and grips his weapon at the large soft handle. With your magic, you prepare your metal ring, and follow him.
>The confrontation lasts a short time, and the first group goes down quickly. You can barely see what happens, your trio coming from the tree and landing on the Aurorians, at the same time other warriors approaching from different directions to help knocking them down. In the space of a few, frantic seconds, the forest begins to fill with similar sounds of sneak attacks and battle.

(1/2)
>>
>>27492057
>"Yes, we took down the first wave!" Thunder says. "The next won't be so easy."
>As predicted, no longer you take a few steps back into position, that a horn sounds across the forest, one you don't recall. Then, the next wave of soldiers appears, wielding mostly running weapons such as lances, and charging straight ahead.
>"To arms!" Your father yells, giving you and Merry a push to avoid the first charge. Stabilizing yourself, you get your blade ring to spin with your magic, immediately preparing yourselves for the second attack. Some five Aurorians have reached the same clearing where you, Merry and Thunder are. The pegasus sticks to you, her wings ready to fly at any time, while your father covers your backs. All around you, echoes of yells and metallic clangs ring your ears.
>"Kids, I'll need your help soon" he whispers, and you notice he's lining three of the ponies to himself. He probably can't take such a fight alone, and it's up to you to either help now, or take down the two faceless ponies, aiming at you and Merry with their jousting lances, pawing the ground and ready to strike. Merry gives you a look, at first somewhat confused, but quickly turning confident.

Back tomorrow.
>>
>>27492074
Remember. We can use our bolas and make it latch around an enemy weapon and snag it out of their hand.
>>
>>27492074
we can throw the bolas at one while charging at the other with merry.
>>
little bump
>>
>>27493623
>>
>>27492074
i love you
>>
>>27493623
big bump
>>
have a good night bump
>>
File: witn66.png (66 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn66.png
66 KB, 400x400
>>27492108
>>27492721
>You have an idea. Making use of your two weapons, you can help Merry while keeping one of the soldiers down.
"Psst, Merry" you whisper at her, getting in a running position. "We're going to tackle that one on the right, and I'll stop the left one when he comes for us."
>"Okay! Three two one go!" Without giving pause, the pegasus bolts towards the right hoof soldier, with you quickly catching up to her. The pony prepares his lance, while at the same time, the soldier on the left charges at you both, ready to intercept.
>Considering he's coming towards you, and that you have a clear line of sight, the throw shouldn't give you any trouble. What's more, those jousting lances are attached to the armor, so if you aim for its tip, hmm...
>Holding your blade ring inert with a small amount of magic, you prepare the bolas and toss them mid run. Unsurprisingly, they coil around the weapon of the pony charging towards you, and he falls, tripping on the heavy metal balls. Meanwhile, your and Merry's target starts recoiling, trying to get defensive.
>"None of that, sir!" Boisterous, probably helped by the fact that you're here, Merry zig zags and jumps on the soldier, followed by yourself. Between the two of you, you put a few bruises in him, and finally render him unconscious. It turns out to be a mare, about Merry's age.
>"Are you done!?" Your father calls from the other side of the area. He's holding the three ponies at bay, but trying to protect you and Merry at the same time, he's losing ground quickly. Meanwhile, the soldier you tripped on the bolas is starting to recover. You need to sort the situation out.

I apologize for doing this, but this will be the only update for the night. I have a day full of exams tomorrow, and I don't feel up to par with the task of running. I need to study and sleep early, so I'll be back tomorrow, with a proper session. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.
>>
>>27501097
Merry can take care of the tripped over soldier. She's really good at finishing off downed targets.

We should go and do some father-son bonding in the meantime. The metal ring is such an abstract weapon that it will probably intimidate the enemy too since they probably have never seen it before. And a spinning ring of knives looks scary.

Also, good luck on the exams mate.
>>
>>27501180
I support this action.
>>
>>27501097
help father.
>>
let's leave page 10.
>>
So I'm currently reading the previous nine lands cyoa and it's filling in a lot of the gaps that I had with reading so far. One thing for sure is we're gonna need to get real op real fast if we wanna survive.

The mountain sized horn in the north....... it scares me. Something about that makes me dread what's gonna happen next.....
>>
let's show em what for!
>>
>>27504269
Also, one (or maybe more) of your pastebins from the first nine lands are missing. You think you could bring them back by any chance?
>>
have a good night bumpo
>>
>>27504269
Wait, what? Fuck. Where was that mentioned?

I almost regret not going the northern path and going our own way south. It was clearly a sneak peek at War in The North. I say almost because Mimi hijinks and ADVENTURE is more fun than a duel and such.
>>
Thank you all very much for keeping the thread up. I don't mind making as many as needed, but this is much cleaner. Full session tonight.

>>27506127
Which ones? Things such as character sheets and bestiaries were deprecated, and I used GDocs, so I don't know if making them again would work. I'm sorry, I will keep the important docs like the lore guide (and a new bestiary) permanently up.

>>27506878
It was clearly a sneak peek, however you get to experience the North in this CYOA, in the end you get more things explored this way.
>>
>>27507504
The comment about the pastebins was directed at >>27505539 sorry.
>>
>>27507513
I'm still reading it, only found one missing so far, but it's not as important as the other things you mentioned.
>>
>>27507513
>>27507621
Turns out the charsheets aren't available. and there's a pastebin at this post https://www.anonpone.com/ninelands/23995505#navbar that's gone.
I'll keep going and search for more I guess.
>>
>>27509192
Yes, the charsheets are intentional, for a one time use, I'm sorry. You can find the other paste in the dropbox folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/juv7rgzkquy49je/AADn4lRxyfKh6UNZ_ckvK3PQa?dl=0
>>
>>27509362
Well then.... that was an interesting paste. Pretty funny ending too.
>>
>>27501180
>>27502281
>>27502320
>>27505248
"Merry! Take care of that one!" Ignoring your bolas for the moment, you rush to help father. You're feeling a surge of confidence right now, something you can't describe properly. "I'm coming, father!"
>"Atta boy! Push!" With his front hooves supporting the two wide blades to either side of the mouth handle, Thunder tries his best against three young ponies, and is getting the worse of it.
>Spinning your blade ring in the air, giving it speed until it makes a whirling whistle, you head directly towards the three ponies. Your appearance seems to disorient them a bit, what with the spinning sawblade surrounding you and all, and it gives you enough time to support the side of your father's weapon, pushing against the three ponies.
"Urgh!" However, it's just barely enough, and because your father is strong enough to hold two. "What's that mare doing...!"
>"Push, push!" One of the soldiers opposing you shouts, now matched more or less evenly. With your magic, you try to hold the spinning wire closer to them, to scare them as much as possible, but you have to constantly put your all in the push, don't know how far it will go... "Gah!"

(1/2)
>>
>>27510556
>Just then, something pierces the backside of the soldier facing you directly. The force against you becomes lower, and with the surprise, your father and you start pushing the other two ponies all the way to the next pine tree, where you slam them against the trunk, hard enough to render them weak.
>In that moment, a few of your nord brothers come from the area you were previously in. They must be the back line, although Marion isn't there, but the fact that one of the Aurorians has a wooden bolt piercing his flank means he can't be far away.
>"I'm done!" Merry screams, her helmet almost falling off her side. She managed to put the last Aurorian to sleep, and return your bolas. Your reinforcements are helping knock down and tie up the others, and this section of the forest seems to be yours. "Knit, I'm starting to get worried about Clearsoul, shouldn't she be around here?"
>"Don't stay still, kids" your father gives you a mean look, pulling out his piece of monster meat and chewing it down. "And eat those pieces of meat as soon as possible. We've got more fight ahead of us."
>The ponies around you are moving east, however you notice the sounds of battle are picking up towards the north. Nothing odd strikes you about the south, and the west is covered. On top of that, your father is moving east, definitely, while Merry doesn't know whether or not to follow.
>>
>>27510567
Eat monster meat.

Clearsoul is probably traversing through the ground, maybe even watching us. But she could go back just incase.

Us and our father should be fine along with Marion hidden in the back.
>>
>>27510567
Let's head east with everypony
>>
>>27510567
I'm sure Clearsoul is fine. To the north!
>>
>>27510630
>>27510672
>>27510826
>Without delay, you and Merry take out your small portions of monster meat and gulp them down. The chewy texture feels even worse here, in the middle of a battlefield, but it doesn't force you into a near passed out state like the first time. Instead, you begin feeling stronger, more aware.
>The sounds of battle arise around you. Your father and others are moving east, towards the end of the forest, your senses picking up the commotion ahead. Prompting Merry to follow, you begin running along. However, the intensity of the battle north of where you are means something to you...
>At some point, you run into a line of ponies, awaiting behind the griffon captain of your group.
>"The next wave will attempt to pass through here!" You hear the female speak up. "Stick together and don't let a single one of them through!"
>"Hoo!" A clamor erupts in the line, and mere seconds later, your hooves pick up unusual vibration in the ground, coming from ahead. Multiple silhouettes charge towards you, from ground and air, and the winged members of your side, including Merry, take off to intercept them.
>"Are you ready, son?" Thunder positions himself right by your side, clutching the double sword in his mouth and speaking with difficulty.
"I am!" And no sooner you say these words, your line breaks up and a massive skirmish begins, nords and Aurorians spreading and battling in groups, attempting to knock down or kill their opponents are needed. Your father takes off after a soldier, and you attempt to follow him.
>However, one of the last Aurorians to enter the battle targets you, and your eyes meet. From behind the metallic helmet, you can see doubt, and the same naivety to battle you have. It is an earth pony or similar, and has four armored boots of shining steel, like Merry's but with a certain flair. The line of sight breaks, and the pony charges towards you at a decent speed, in a slightly curved trajectory.
>>
>>27510842
Take a swing with our bolas (not throw it and keep it in our grip) and let it loop around one of his legs.

Then make him beg for mercy when we present our big, thick metal ring.
>>
>>27510842
Warcry.

Then do as other anon suggested and attempt to trip him up.
>>
File: witn67.png (64 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn67.png
64 KB, 400x400
>>27510889
>>27511076
>Letting a warcry out, as mighty as you can for a first timer, you begin spinning your bolas. However, at the rate they're getting to you, they might dodge...!
>This time, you recall Scrambler's lessons and prepare yourself for a close encounter. The moment the soldier enters your range, you let go while keeping the rope in your magic. Effectively, you hit the front legs above the boots with your metal balls.
>"Guh!" The pony falls to the ground, immediately trying to untangle themselves. However, you manage to land on top of the pony, using your magic to force the armored boots out of them. Next, you float up you magic ring.
"Listen here! Don't even move, or you'll get it with this metal ring!" Trying your best imposing voice, you withstand the pony flailing, helped by your magic. At the same time, you knock the front boots off and try to work the rear ones. "Y-You're... uff... unarmed, strop trying to... hng!" It's a feisty one.
>Finally, you get to remove all boots, and move on to the helmet. Lifting it reveals the face of a young mare, small rock-like protrusions coming out of her cheeks. She looks at you with terrified eyes, and you judge her age to be a couple years younger than yourself.
"Huh? A cragpony" you've seen some in your tribe and camp, ponies from the mountains to the east, their bodies covered with rocks. Were she just a bit older, her physical strength would probably be too much for you.
>"P-Please!" She wails. "I concede!" Wow, they teach them to surrender quickly. "Y-You wouldn't kill me, would you?" She asks with pleading eyes, her hooves covered with some sort of rocky scales now uncovered. Nobody seems to have noticed about you two, battles going on around the trees and clearings. The other times you hadn't fought an opponent like this, she's about to cry. What should you do, in this state?
>>
>>27511185
tell her to lay on the floor and close her eyes pretending to be knocked out
>>
>>27511185
Extend a hoof out to her and tell her if she joins us, we'll do our best to see she doesn't get thrown in a dungeon.
>>
>>27511185
I hesitate to say to knock her out. Just tie her up. Prisoner.

>>27511221
She's just as likely to run off afterwards.
>>
>>27511268
Maybe you're right. The solution is
>rape
>>
>>27511326
Yes. She will be our trophy. Take her back to our tent and teach her how to submissive.
>>
>>27511207
>>27511221
>>27511268
>>27511326
>>27511360
>Sheesh, with that face she's making... rendering her unconscious doesn't feel all that proper.
"Hmm... well, listen, I can't let you go just yet" you look around; it seems that the battle is calming. "But maybe if you close your eyes and pretend to be down for a while..."
>"Ey son!" All of the sudden, your father barges in. "I see you've got one down!" He then targets the young mare. "I've got rope here, we could use an awake Aurorian to question."
>Helping her up, you have no other choice than tying her legs and letting your father take her for questioning. However, you follow closely. It's incredible how young some of these soldiers are, almost as if they were recruiting every able pony for the purpose of this war. She looks so young, so innocent... it reminds you of yourself, a few months ago. Except much more lovely... you wouldn't think of doing incredibly nasty things to this sweet mare, would you?
>"Captain, we got one awake right here!" You and Thunder arrive at the place where the griffon is, resting with her helmet down. The entire area is clear, while all the Aurorians have been subdued, a couple of your fellows are down too.
>"Ah, perfect! Huh, what is this?" She grabs the little cragpony as if it were a baby. The difference in size is astounding, you hadn't realized how huge your captain was up close. "She's just a filly! What are you doing in a battlefield, you twerp!?"

(1/2)
>>
File: witn68.png (49 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn68.png
49 KB, 400x400
>>27511574
>"I-I was in training, a-and then I got sent here...!" The mare starts confessing with no remorse.
>"Are there any more platoons? Answer me!"
>"There's one line outside the forest..."
>"Alright, we're not done yet!" The captain speaks up, rousing every able nord. "Round up and don't let your sight rest! We'll move in and finish this as soon as we get news from the others.
>"Captain!" All of the sudden, another mare enters the scene, surprising you and Merry: it's Clearsoul, coming from somewhere down the forest and missing one of her boots. A few scratches dot her sides. She smiles for a second when she notices you, however she quickly turns to face the griffon. "A huge group of Aurorians is moving together, our ponies are having trouble breaking their lines! All nearby platoons should try and assist before they power through!"
>"Damn it!" Putting the captive in Thunder's back again, the griffon puts her helmet on and starts shrieking orders. "Those who think they can help follow me! The rest, keep an eye on the prisoners, and nopony moves until we're back together!"
>The griffon storms off with a few soldiers, most of them carrying heavy weapons. Merry follows from above, while your father stands still.
>"I think I'll keep watch" he says, noticing there's few of your kin left at the clearing. "What are you going to do, Knit?"
>>
>>27511574
>You wouldn't think of doing incredibly nasty things to this sweet mare, would you?
Oh yes we will.

>>27511588
Anyways, we should briefly go see if our friends are alright then charge back into battle.
>>
>>27511588
we can still fight and numbers count. We need to go out there.
>>
>>27511613
And by nasty things, I mean cuddles and boops.
>>
>>27511613
>>27511621
>Before you have time to answer, something pulls you close for a hug. With half your face buried on Clearsoul's chest, you smell a hint of sweat and exhaustion, and return the embrace.
>"I'm glad you're both alright. I wish Merry wouldn't run off like that..."
"I'm sure you'll have time to catch up later" you reply with confidence. "She's been gaining a lot of confidence in this battle."
>"And how about you?"
"Hey, I took down a few Aurorians already. You?"
>"I, oh!" The mare scrunches a bit. "I helped take down one... while others distracted him, I cut his back leg tendon. I think it was the tendon, at least..."
"Ruthless."
>"I-If I imagine it's a monster, the result is the same...!" The mare covers her eyes with her hooves. In the distance, you see a few more nords coming your way, including an archer withour a bow. "Marion!"

(1/2)
>>
>>27511737
>"Knit, Clearsoul, we've been keeping track of the battle" the grey colt approaches with fast trot. "We've cleared most of the Aurorians, some fled back to their camp, but after today that won't matter. We're winning! We're doing it!" He puts his hooves in your shoulders.
>"Of course we're winning. Look at what we're against" Thunder points at the young cragpony, sitting tied and looking beyond you all. "They're sending unprepared soldiers! They're gonna learn their lesson pretty soon, or else lose years of conquest."
"Well, now that you've got reinforcements" you reply, "I'll go help with that last group. Seems like having the advantage in numbers will help. Are you coming?" You ask Marion and Clearsoul, who decline with their heads. "Then I'll be back soon, I hope."
>Breaking on a run, headed north, you follow the sounds of battle with your highly sensitive ears. Damn, this monster meat is amazing, you've been running and fighting for a while and don't feel tired at all. It is a good thing, if the battle will progress past the forest...
>Finally, you reach the source of the commotion. Ponies, griffons and a big minotaur with a huge axe are clashing against an amalgamation of Aurorians, at least twenty or thirty soldiers sticking together like a pinecone, their lances pointing outward so any attacker will get severe cuts before reaching the center. With this clever formation, they're slowly forcing your friends out of their way. Scrambler is pushing against their front line along with others, delaying the formation, but that might not be enough. You need to pool your effort in some significative way to stop this.

Back tomorrow. Focusing more on text and making images only when I'm sure I can make an okay job, is that alright? Share your thoughts, if you will.
>>
>>27511742
Well, lets use our bolas like a whip and constantly snag their weapons away until they do something.
>>
>>27511742
I'm kinda torn on the image part. I'd prefer it like the previous tnl where the images had more scenery included, but I also like having lots of images to see things more accurately as we play.
I know stats are different in this one, but how would we go about leveling a specific skill? Because I want to go for a glass cannon critical hit build.
>>
>>27511742
tell the minotaur to throw you into the center with your blades spinning.
or just throw a big rock?
>>
>>27512586
Or we could use our ring as a saw to cut down a tree right on top of them!
>>
let's go up the board.
>>
have a good night bump
>>
>>27511807
You improve things by doing them. Run a lot, become faster, use magic a lot, get better, and so on. There are certain distinctions, but it's made to be intuitive.
>>
>>27516017
How would we specifically train critical strikes and critical damage though? I know we just have to do more attacking, but it's pretty hard to discern critical hits and normal hits.
>>
>>27518187
Critical stat levels up passively, so to speak. Any successful attack, of physical or magical nature helps. It needs to raise harder than other stats to be noticeable, but I'll make sure to represent critical strikes better.
>>
>>27511763
>>27512586
>>27513590
>Your first reaction, seeing as your fellow nords are all throwing themselves at the Aurorians, is to cautiously take a jab at them with your bolas. The weapons used to defend themselves are mostly jousting lances, long spears and other pointed blades, so if you can take those away...
"Agh!" However, they're far too aware of the situation to let you approach with your magic, and the metallic balls fly above you in an arc, repelled by one of the soldiers. The formation keeps moving into a particularly dense section of the forest. You'll have to change your plan. "Scrambler, ey!"
>"Don't get in the way!" The minotaur shouts as soon as he sees you, his hands pushing back the heads of two aurorians, who scrunch to no end. "They've already trampled over a few!"
>You notice that nobody, save a few muscly ponies and Scrambler, wants to get too close to the dangerous formation. The cheeks, shoulders and sides of minotaur and ponies bleed with many cuts, however theirs is the only force delaying them.
>Perhaps you could toss yourself in there. Merry and the other pegasi are trying to attack from above, sustaining injuries in doing so. No, throwing ponies at the mass would mean their death, or at least serious wounds. A large rock would suffice, or something similar, something big...

(1/2)
>>
File: witn69.png (48 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn69.png
48 KB, 400x400
>>27518766
>Big, big, like the trees around you! If you can get the attention of your brethren for a moment, you can cut down one of the thick pines with your fast rotating blades. Tapping some in the shoulder, you move ahead and look for the tallest, thickest tree of the bunch.
>"What's the matter, brother?" One of the nords asks.
"I have an idea. Stand behind this tree, and push when I tell you!" Without waiting for an answer, you start using your magic to spin the metallic ring fast enough to emit that characteristic buzz. Then, you put it against the tree.
>It takes buckets of concentration not to cut irregularly, or let go altogether. but you're making a dent in the tree alright. The mass is approaching, and you do not dare look behind...
>"Any longer?"
"Just wait... uugh! Now!" Getting out of the way, you give the signal, and the others put their bodies to work, toppling the massive tree until, with a solid creak, it begins to fall on the Aurorians.
>Everyone, your friends, Scrambler and the Aurorians spreads like the wind when the massive tree falls, raising a storm of dust. Their lines shattered, the Aurorians try in vain to regroup, your side immediately jumping on them. Those who aren't captured flee to the east, back to their frontier. Meanwhile, you've lost your way completely in the cloud of dust, with no idea as to where Merry and Scrambler are, or what should you do next. The Aurorians are being pursued, but you and Merry are out of your platoon's coverage.
>>
>>27518780
Keep your ears open and move away from any fighting noises.
>>
>>27518870
>It seems that the cloud of dust is dispersing, but you've been left almost alone with the unconscious ponies and a couple of your fellows, tying them up for keeping. On the other hoof, where are Merry and Scrambler...? Maybe on the other side of a tree, not a green barrier separating this area in two halves.
>Moving cautiously, you perk your ears up and wait for any kind of sound that might tell you where the fight is happening. Even further up north, faint metallic clashes seem to come from the last groups in that area. To the east, all you can hear is the diminishing echoes of galloping hooves.
>Seems that this last effort gave you a bit of a headache, so you help yourself to the trunk of the fallen tree and rest for a while. The forest and camp must be safe by now, so all that remains is to chase the Aurorians back into their border, possibly even wreck their camp. However, you could use some friends by your side now...
>"Oh? Isn't that Tight Knit, my friend?"
"Huh?" Turning your head right, you see a few ponies arriving from the back lines, and next to you, the smug face of Brunhilde, twin tails swinging with the wind. "Ah, Brunhilde."
>"What's with that attitude? Feeling tired already?"
"It's been a hectic battle, just a while ago in this clearing."
>"Ah, we did hear some noises from the back line. You'll be happy to know no Aurorians slipped through our grasp. Why, I think I took down at least twenty of them so far! Hohohoho!" The cinnamon pink mare laughs loudly with a hoof covering her mouth. You notice her bracelet lacks a magibead. "Have you been doing your share, too?"
>>
>>27519041
We've been doing our best feel like we have. Now all that's left is to take the camp
>>
>>27519041
Let's not let her get to us.
>>
>>27519080
>>27519162
>She seems... excited, for the lack of a better word.
"I've been doing the best I could. I think we all did, since all we have left is to pursue the Aurorians to their camp."
>"Ah ah, we have one last stretch, soldier!" Your griffon captain steps into view. "We're pushing onwards, so back to our platoon!" Immediately, she takes off south.
>"Well, it seems we'll have to leave the tales of valor for later" Brunhilde gives the captain a mean look. "Stay safe, dearest."
"Uh, you too" wondering what's with her language, you grab the bolas and run after your captain, with Brunhilde waving lazily at you being the last you see of that clearing. Eventually, you reach the place where your father, Marion and Clearsoul await with prisoners.

(1/2)
>>
File: witn70.png (33 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
witn70.png
33 KB, 600x400
>>27519297
>"Knit! We're moving out of the forest!" Merry, who somehow found her way here, greets you with open hooves.
"I heard!" You smile at her. Seems that this battle has lifted the spirits of every pony around. That, and the monster meat, probably.
>"Don't let your guard down, we won't have the cover of the forest anymore" Thunder insists, preparing his weapon.
>Once all the able fighters in your area are ready, you all gallop to the orders of the motted griffon, a somewhat beautiful stampede across the forest, trampling the earth and dancing across the trees. Finally, you reach the treeline.
>The land outside, mostly barren and flat save for a few hills, presents to you the last obstacle in this battle: a hard standing line of Aurorians, ready to charge against you. Behind them, in the far distance, you see their losing ones running towards their own forest. The forest they took from you, where you and your mother lived when you were a foal.
>"Listen, everypony!" The captain shouts. "Do not faulter, do not surrender! Strike like nords, and always have a nord's shoulder by yours! Tonight we'll feast in enemy camp! FOR GLORY!"
>"FOR GLORY!" A massive echo follows her, and across your forest line, you see nords forming far and wide, the entire camp coming together. And so, the charge begins. All of your former scout friends are here, as well as your father, so this might be the time to do as the captain said and choose a partner, or close your eyes and let the Tower guide you.
>>
>>27519307
Has the tower ever led us astray before? I would like to put faith in it.
>>
File: witn71.png (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn71.png
31 KB, 400x400
>>27519363
>Well, everyone says you can always count on your stars. Having faith in them and your friends is what matters, even as you charge against a formation of armored soldiers.
>The next hours happen like a blur, all you remember is the feeling of your magic controlling your weapons, your body pushing through, finding solid obstacles, hitting, dodging and somewhat avoiding terrible peril.
>After that, hours of running, across the plains, across the forest. The sun starting to lower in the horizon. Have you been really fighting for so long? The effect of the monster meat passes, and you feel your body withering, your hooves failing to carry you any further.
>And then you're back in camp. Huh, that's strange, you were running just the opposite direction. And some of these tents look different...
>"Knit! Hey, son, get a grip!"
>Shaking you by the hips, the smiling, tired face of Thunder Night comes to greet you in the middle of a thought rush. Just what did happen the last few hours? You were lost in a frenzy.
"Wha... Father, where are we?"
>"In our new camp, son!" He replies expectantly. "Former Aurorian land, to be precise!"
"Wait... does that mean we already made it?"
>"The battle is over, Knit. Come on, clear your thoughts."
>With no warning, your father grabs your mane with a hoof and pulls your head for a brief second in a body of cold water.
"Gah! Not like this!"
>"Don't be such an airhead! Or should I say bonehead? Gyahahah!" With that slightly racist remark, which you know means no harm to you, Thunder leaves in an unknown direction. You are in the middle of what you've been told is the Aurorian camp. Tents of sturdy construction, bonfires, poles with flags and other apparel form the sight before you in organized fashion, a more country-like version of your own camp. The sun is halfway through and you're on your own, none of your friends are near. Well, what should you do?

Back tomorrow, sorry for dropping earlier. Charsheet updated.
>>
>>27519631
Time to loot! Be quick about it too before the best stuff gets taken. Look for magibeads and shiny bitz.
>>
>>27519631
>>27520153
Yay loot. Snag all the things, including rocks and wood. Everything! Keep going over the carrying limit until you crush yourself!
>>
>>27519631
Let's explore and see what this place has to offer.
>>
Probably going to find a lot of mementos and stuff.
>>
>>27520241
Let's not get too crazy. Definitely gonna loot lots and get a nice sturdy tent for ourselves. Take a flag too. What does their flag look like?
>>
Page 10 is not a good place to be.
>>
Have a good night bump
>>
Celebrate that we reclaimed some of our homeland.
>>
File: witn72.png (73 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn72.png
73 KB, 400x400
>>27520153
>>27520241
>>27521032
>>27521887
>>27522496
>Taking a stroll around camp, letting your sore legs wind down, you see nords moving stuff into great piles of loot; every now and then someone picks a few spoils. The Aurorian camp, similar to yours in nature, takes up a section of cleared forest. Every tree you come across is nothing but a stump.
>There's a lot of activity near the center of camp, many ponies and griffons cluttering up the space, reorganizing everything and preparing a temporary healing ward. A few dozen ponies lay on the ground with different wounds, as well as a certain minotaur sitting on a stump, bored out of his mind, not minding the scars and bandages across his torso.
>Here and there, Aurorians are being put into iron bar cells. There's doubt in your mind about holding so many prisoners, but things seem to be holding up. The flags are being taken down and the tents appropriated. You manage to grab one and take a look at it: it represents a yellow sun on a turquoise background, with a deep blue strip above and two small violet rays across.
>Along with the flag, you take a look at the spoils. In the nearby piles, there's mostly clothing and mementos of the Aurorian soldiers. Robes, boots of fine leather and monster fur, scarves and glasses to protect from the cold, cheap trinkets in the shape of animals and constellations, even toys and other homely memories.

(1/2)
>>
>>27527799
>In other piles, you find armors and weapon. Mostly the standarized sets you've faced just a few hours ago, with their shining, drab silver touch. Of weapons, you see jousting lances, pointed spears, maces, blades of various sizes, armored boots and quite a few chains with accessories such as extra heavy iron balls, smaller balls with spikes and bear traps.
>You try your best to find anything resembling a magibead, but there's no such luck. If the Aurorians had any, they're probably being kept somewhere safer. What you did find was a small sack with fifteen bits, the official currency of the Nine Lands, not used in the free North. The shiny golden coins go straight to your belt for good measure, but what else would you like? Armor, a new weapon, maybe some fashionable accessories?
>>
>>27527806
We can get an idea of how the Aurorians are trained to fight by examining the kind of equipment they use.
>>
>>27527806
The glasses might be useful since we're planning on exploring the entire north or at least as much as we can of it. Scarf too.
Let's get some boots if possible since we aren't wearing any at the moment.
>>
>>27527864
What kind of glasses? As for the scarf and boots, only if they're quality and functional. The Aurorians are supposed to be "civilized", so whether or not their stuff is actually usable in the wilderness is questionable.
>>
>>27527941
"scarves AND glasses to protect from the cold" i guess they're ski goggles or the kind mountain climbers wear? I dunno.
>>
>>27527806
Goggles and armor, simply because we can get armor.
>>
>>27527982
>>27528015
We should at least compare them to the stuff our side has first.
>>
File: witn73.png (49 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
witn73.png
49 KB, 400x400
>>27527851
>>27527864
>>27528015
>>27528078
>After searching the nearby piles for a while, you find a few nice pieces of clothing. One, a set of brown, leathery boots, very strong. You can imagine them belong to some monster with lots of sharp teeth and claws.
> Additionaly, you pick a scarf, somewhere between drab pink and lilac, and glasses made of thick glass, probably foreign. With this set, you feel more protected from the cold, and fashionable too! There isn't a lot of this kind of clothing in your stores, the free North has more of a substance over aesthetics philosophy.
>You also do with a standard set of Aurorian armor. It weighs a lot, and you'll have to leave it in your tent soon. None of the weapons impress you a lot, but you can see from them that the Aurorians are following a strict martial regime, with little deviation in their choice of arms. In fact, why didn't all the Aurorians move in formation? A single group of twenty gave you enough trouble to throw a tree at them. This battle would have been harder if they had coordinated better.
>Strolling around a bit more, you find your father, checking a small tent of very strong tarp.
>"Ah, Knit! I've taken this tent for ourselves, isn't it nice?" He gives you a good look. "You look... interesting."
"Thanks, father" you drop the armor inside, not giving him court to jest. "What will happen to our other tent, though?"
>"Ah, well, it will have better use housing loot or as a temporary jail, with a couple of chains tied to a post" Thunder explains. "We'll run out of cells soon, I'm afraid. Oh, I knew I had to tell you something! I think I saw your friends somewhere at the wounded zone, and I also saw the few unicorns from our camp guarding the Aurorian unicorns. If you think you could lend them a horn, feel free to pay them a visit."
>>
>>27528170
Go to the guarded unicorns. We can talk about magic.
>>
>>27528170
Let see if our friends are alright.
>>
>>27528170
>a standard set of Aurorian armor. It weighs a lot
Don't bother relying anything we can't comfortably use. Thus far it looks like we'd use medium armor at most since we rely more on mobility than brute strength. Also it's a bit silly to walk around in the cold weather gear when we aren't in an environment where it'd be useful. We are a native so we should be able to handle the climate pretty well.
>>
>>27528170
As much as Knit wantz to jump on the chance to learn the barest inkling of magic, friends take priority. Look for them.
>>
>>27528241
I want to make the armour our own. Paint it up and such.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.