[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wish they'd flesh out the dragon society a bit more desu.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
I wish they'd flesh out the dragon society a bit more desu. Gauntlet on Fire was disappointing.
>>
>>27412183
i whs OP would flesh out his criticism more. this thread was disappointing.
>>
File: 1419442102921.png (41 KB, 584x700) Image search: [Google]
1419442102921.png
41 KB, 584x700
>>27412188
All the other threads are shit, I just want to get people discussing the show like we used to.
>>
>>27412201
you know discussion happens outside of threads labeled "discussion thread," right?
>>
>>27412234
Are you sure? Because it doesn't seem like it
>>
>>27412183

What we saw was weird really. There was this huge big old dragon, far bigger and more powerful than other adult dragons we saw previously, essentially babysitting juveniles and adolescents as "Dragon Lord".

Where were all the other adults? Is the whole scepter and dragon lord thing just a ruse coming-pf-age thing for a new generation of dragons?
>>
>>27412254
It definitely seemed like there were only teenage dragons called.
>>
>>27412183
The lore was enough. My problem with the episode is that no character had anything resembling a personality. It was terribly soul-less and tedious. A straight-forward journey with cheesy, generic dialogue that didn't do anyone involved justice.

It's annoying that anti-SoL fags praise this episode so thoroughly just for having action and making Spike do cool things, when the writing was so shitty and thoughtless.
>>
>>27412247
>Are you sure?
yes, ive taken part in many of them. perhaps you should look around more.
>>
>>27412183
I wish they wouldn't. I know it would suck no matter what they came up with. It kinda sucks already. Dragons almost never get better when their workings are exposed. The only barely decent dragon society I've seen described is in Eberron, and it's still mostly "here are all the ways you will fail to comprehend long lived, super powerful, super intelligent, super magical beings".

(The episode was good. I liked it. Put down the meme arrows.)
>>
It's kind of hard to have a society when the adults are the size of buildings. At least they have some sort of king and shit.
>>
>>27412451
WE
>>
>>27412258
It was a dragon version of an anime high school.
>>
>>27412491
Imagine being the griffons, and having the only society without some sort of leader. Must suck.

>>27412254
I think they obviously wanted the Dragon Lord to be young so they ruled long.
>>
>>27412254
My head canon is adult dragons don't give a fuck about the Dragon Lord. Think about it, only the younger dragons responded to Torch while the older ones didn't say a thing. Not only that, but they do what ever the fuck they want, even leaving the Dragon Lands just because they felt like it. So if anything the title is just there to impress the young one, while adults don't even take it seriously.
>>
>disappointing
Why you nigger wait too much of this cartoon for little girls?, is fucking stupid of your part
>>
>>27412651
The younger ones were probably the only ones called. The older ones are too old to compete.
>>
>>27412687
But they stilled showed up as seen in>>27412254
And did absolutely nothing the entire episode, so it goes to show that the title Dragon Lord holds no power over the bigger dragons.
>>
>>27412701
...dude, that's from Dragon Quest. The file name even says so.
>>
>>27412707
Oops didn't read the whole filename.
>>
>>27412730
The only thing that makes me question that was the old, turtle looking dragon. Was it old or is it just a dragon that looks like a turtle and thus is wrinkled?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.