[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CYOA - Just Another Day ch. 29.2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 12
File: 1446257253748.png (289 KB, 1000x1248) Image search: [Google]
1446257253748.png
289 KB, 1000x1248
>Ponyville seems to be a hotbed of excitement these days. Between the dragons roosting in the mountains, horrid monsters wandering out from the Everfree Forest, ancient ruins discovered deep in the earth, and the ever-presenting of all-out war between the Equestrians and the Gryphons, it seems like everypony looking for fame or fortune is flocking to this town.
>It is an age of knights, adventurers, dark magics, and destined heroes.
>You are none of these things.
>Your name is Pot Luck, and your daughter's been foalnapped!
>To that end, you've infiltrated the palace during a diplomatic gala and have managed to get a private audience with the princess.
>But your talk with Celestia was interrupted by an assassination attempt.

Archives: http://anonpone.pineapplecomputing.com/anotherday

Characters: http://pastebin.com/RVB0Hjqp

>"Who sent you?" Celestia warns once more, her dagger drawing ever closer to the changeling's wing.
>"N-nothing you can do can make me talk!" the changeling snaps back.
>The growing concern in her eyes, though, tells a different story. To be honest, it looks like the Princess is fully prepared to carry out her threat.
>"Y-you don't scare me!"
>That's enough intimidation, you figure. It's time to play good guard again, and you quickly step back in to pry the Princess away from the changeling.
"Princess, you can't just cut up prisoners! We don't do that! We're better than that!"
>The Princess just grumbles but she steps away for a moment, leaving you and the changeling who's desperately trying to hide the fact that she's two steps away from dropping a brick in her metaphorical pants.

Input action.
>>
>>27400547
Look, Misty. We just want to know who sent you, and why. Surely you can tell us that? There'll be a better reception here than if you went back to them, won't it?
>>
>>27400547
Misty, you do realize how badly this ends for changelings, right?
Do you know how hard your kind would be hunted after this?
Being feared wouldn't matter, because you'd all end up in jail or worse.
>>
>>27400678
Actually, being feared would onlyake things worse.
But we already made the 'ponies hate what they fear' argument already
>>
>>27400614
>>27400712

"Misty, do you really think being feared is worth all this effort? You hide in caves and in forests, you skulk in the shadows, never able to show your true face. You hide behind lies and deceptions, you're hunted night and day. And now here you are, at the mercy of a couple of ponies who ultimately have no desire to see harm to you. So ask yourself, Misty, who's actually the one afraid here?"
>"I-I'm not scared of you! Or your Princess! You're just ponies! Food!" Misty snaps, defiantly but also fruitlessly.
"Somebody sent you here to kill Princess Celestia - and think about it for a second, you were sent alone against probably the most powerful individual in the kingdom with only a dagger. How successful do you think you were going to be?"
>"W-well, I... uh, h-he said I just had to hurt her. A-and that I just had to make it look convincing," Misty stammers out.
>"So now I'm not even worth an actual assassination attempt?" Celestia sighs.
"Just tell us who arranged this."
>"I don't know. He never gave me a name," Misty answers. "He just came to my cell one day and told me if I could fake an attack on the Princess, he'd make sure I went free, along with a bunch of other changelings you're holding prisoner."
"What'd he look like?"
>"Like any other pony guard - he was white, had that fancy gold armour, blue cape. Honestly, all you ponies look the same to me."
>Celestia then pulls you aside for a private word.
>"It's not much, but it does suggest a conspiracy," Celestia whispers to you. "What do you suggest we do with her now?"

Input action.
>>
>>27400852
We can't let on we know, but if we have her arrested whoever was behind this might approach her, assuming they were going to honor their deal.
Of course, that means finding a way to watch her once she's arrested without relying on the guard.
>>
>>27400852
We should just let her go. Maybe force her to work at our bar. For the sole purpose of compensation. Totally not revenge.

If any guards come asking about what happened, just say that you and Celestia just got a little carried away.

And we seriously need to get laid with Celestia. We need more bragging rights against Azura.
>>
>>27400852
I guess arrest her again, we don't really have a choice
Though do it as quietly as possible, the doesn't need to be a furore created cause of the attempted assassination attempt
>>
>>27400923
>We should just let her go.
Are you crazy? She just stabbed Celestia.
>>
>>27400936
Well its not like she's in a position to attack again.
>>
>>27400852
We should put her somewhere safe, for everyone. Maybe leave her in the custody of someone else? Sundance and August, maybe? The last thing we want is to have her switch sides because she believed the other guy's words.

This isn't very nice, but could we use her against Horn somehow? Let her loose in a way that'll make him look bad so no one will immediately believe him?
>>
>>27400956
That's not how crime works.
>>
>>27400923
I don't think letting her go is a good idea seeing as letting her go the first time kinda led to this mess
>>
>>27400979
We didn't let her go actually, Azura handed her in for a bounty, but she's still dangerous and stupid.
>>
>>27400979
She wasn't let go though. She was arrested. If we want to arrest her again, it has to be by the regular guards.
Too bad Heart isn't here, she'd be all over this.
>>
>>27400971
>>27400979
Well, atleast put her under our care. Similar to what >>27400960 said.
>>
>>27401006
I don't mind that, but we need to figure out how to use this for our benefit.
We're not really any closer to whoever set this up if we hide her and pretend this never happened, but I don't really trust her to stay quiet if she's arrested either.
>>
>>27401052
Force her to transform and somehow lock her in it? Would it work if we used a magic inhibitor ring to keep her disguised? Then we could take her with us. Plus she can see what good all her 'fear me!' agenda has done when we eventually find Wispy
>>
>>27401070
We could give her the same treatment as we did with the demon pone when we first got her.
>>
>>27401070
I do like this.
she can see exactly what she's done
>>
>>27401077
...threaten to use Prism on her then get her chased by a chicken to feed the spiders?
>>
>>27401070
I don't really want her around.
I don't trust or like her, and I don't think she deserves another chance to mess things up.
If she's sufficiently bound then I guess we can keep an eye on her, but I don't see any logic in getting her involved in our plans.
>>
>>27401122
Taking her to the prison isn't the same as involving her. She can still be brought along without being clued in. A hostage, if that works.
Besides few things hurt more than being proven wrong in something you so deeply believe is right
>>
>>27401102
Not what I thought of, but that can certainly work and humiliate her.

>>27401122
Cmon mate, everyone has a little bit of good inside them. Near the end of the text, Misty sounded a bit calmer and complied a bit more. We just have to keep working on making her a better person.
>>
>>27401163
Buddy, we're not a damn counselor.
She's a criminal with a mean streak and a bad attitude.
Even if she wasn't a changeling she doesn't deserve to be walking around free.
>>
>>27401163
I don't agree with this.
As much as Pot is a good pony, he can't go around shacking up with all manner of terrible ponies cause there might be good in them. Shit's dangerous yo.
>>
>>27401177
>Not a counselor
I'm pretty sure we've done quite a lot of that to be honest. I won't make a whole list on it though.

>>27401191
I didn't really mean just going around and trying to get involved with bad people. I just meant people who could possibly be changed. Misty here is simply just misguided about everything.
>>
>>27401210
>Misty here is simply just misguided about everything.
She just sneaked into the palace disguised as a guard and tried to stab arguably the most important pony in the world.
"Misguided" doesn't really cut it.
>>
>>27400921
>>27400960
>>27401006
>>27401122

"We can't give her over to the guard; they might make her disappear like with the maid," you warn.
>"We can't let her go either, she did try to stab me."
"We just need to put her somewhere safe until this is over with."
>"Except I don't know who I can trust right now," Celestia sighs.
"Let's just stash her somewhere then."
>"Good idea."
>Using her magic, the Princess picks up the changeling whisks her over to the nearby wardrobe. Out of some of the drawers, some rope and a ball gag appears, all of which quickly binds up the changeling.
>"Make a noise and I'll make you wish for death," Celestia warns before shoving the changeling into the wardrobe.
"Should I ask why you have rope and a gag in your wardrobe?"
>"Neither of us are drunk enough to answer that question," Celestia replies with a little smirk. "Now, try to act scared."
>You take cover behind the bed, as though cowering. Celestia heads over and unlocks the door. In an instant, it flies open and a dozen guards charge into the room, led by Regal Horn.
>"By the stars, your Majesty! Are you okay?" Horn asks.
>"I am fine, commander," Celestia replies. "An assassin made an attempt on my life, but I was able to repel them before they could do serious harm."
>"Of course, your Majesty," Horn nods. "Did you get a good look at them? Was it a gryphon? A changeling?"
>"If it were a changeling, they didn't drop their disguise," Celestia replies. "They fled out the window - Horn, I want you leading the search parties personally to find this assassin."
>"M-me, your Majesty? Shouldn't I stay here where I can keep you safe," Horn asks.
>"Are you suggesting that an attempt on my life does not warrant your complete attention?"
>"O-of course not, Your Highness. But I'm assigning you personal guards until this matter is resolved." Horn is about to leave when he notices you hiding behind the bed. "Wait a moment, who are you?" he asks, pointing a hoof at you.

Input action.
>>
>>27401235
"Heck if I know. I just came here to get laid."
>>
>>27401235
C-Cauldron, sir.
>>
>>27401255
this
>>
>>27401255
>>27401293

"C-Cauldron, sir," you promptly reply.
>"I see," Horn murmurs back. He's half-way to turning when he suddenly stops and turns back to you again. "Hold on a moment, Cauldron wasn't yellow!"
>Oh right, you're not in disguise anymore.
>Before you can utter a word, Horn's magic grabs hold of you, dragging you out from behind the bed.
>"Commander Horn, cease this at once!" Celestia says, stepping between you and the commander. She uses her own magic to cancel out Horn's, freeing you from his grasp.
>"He's an infiltrator! He's the same pony that came in Spectral Prism, except a different colour now. For all we know, he's another changeling!"
>"He saved my life."
>"He... did?"
>"Yes," Celestia says, using her magic to pull you up to her side. She wraps a wing around your side, pulling you in even closer. "This brave pony fought bravely to stop the assassin. Now I suggest you stop questioning the company I keep and you do your job!"
>Horn lowers his head in defeat. "Of course, Your Majesty."
>The Guard Commander departs, but not before instructing a pair of guards to keep watch over the Princess. They stand watch by the door, which ruins any hope of further privacy.
>Celestia looks to you and offers a smile. "Well brave sir, I must commend you for your service. I'm afraid I don't have much to offer as a reward right now, but I do believe rescuing a Princess warrant a kiss."
>As she leans in for the kiss, she whispers into your ear. "Go back and enjoy the party. I'll meet you in the gardens at midnight."
>With that, she plants a gentle kiss upon your lips, a soft and warm embrace that leaves your heart racing for a moment.

What do you do now?
>>
>>27401445
Bow and leave.
What time is it now?
>>
>>27401445
Get Julia?
We need to come up with a plan in case Horn tries to get us where Celestia can't reach us. And our brother. We're probably going to have a boss battle against him or something
>>
>>27401445
So any news on our friends yet? We've been in the dark about them for a while.
>>
>>27401454
>>27401459

>You quickly grab Julia and head on your way, hoping that this business with hunting down the 'assassin' will keep Horn from bothering you for the remainder of the night.
>Although, Regal Horn wasn't the only thing you had to worry about.
>"YOU THREW ME?!" Julia bellows once you were alone in a hallway.
"I said I was sorry," you reply in haste.
>"You could've broke something!"
"You're a rock. I'm pretty sure you're sturdier than a changeling's skull."
>"First, I'm a crystal. Second, I'm a Princess - that alone makes me a delicate flower that should be treated as such."
"For what it's worth, you did help save the Princess."
>"Damn right I did. And you'll make sure to tell the others when we get back, I'm not having you hog all the credit for that."
"Of course your Majesty."
>"Now you're just mocking me."
"Wouldn't dream of it."
>"Just because I don't have eyes doesn't mean I can't tell when you're smirking at me."
"Anyways, we're almost at the party so you need to go back to pretending to be just a crystal," you cut the conversation short by putting Julia back into your bag.
>You pass by a clock on your way back to the gala hall, noting that there's only a couple hours left until midnight. The hall itself is far less active than it had been when you left it - smaller, quieter crowds as to be expected. You glance around and spot your friends scattered across the hall, all minding their own business.

Input action.
>>
>>27401526
Prism first. We should tell him what happened, then find the others.
>>
>>27401564
Yes. Prism is the one who's going to be best able to get the others in case things go sour. Time's running out.
>>
>>27401564
>>27401616

>Your first objective to find Prism since he'll probably want to know about the assassination attempt. You find your friend sitting idle near a window, gazing out at the stars.
"Hey Prism, good news--"
>"Your disguise!"
"Oh, Celestia saw right through it," you quickly explain. "Also, a changeling might've tried to assassinate her."
>"WHAT?!"
>You quickly shove a hoof over Prism's mouth before he attracts any unwanted attention from nearby guests.
"A guard struck a deal with a changeling to stage an assassination attempt on the Princess, probably to make changelings look even more guilty," you explain. "But we have the changeling someplace safe. We can probably get her to testify against whoever is behind this."
>Once Prism calms down, you move your hoof away.
>"Is the Princess okay?"
"She got a small wound on her shoulder, but she'll be okay. Also I should mention that Julia played an instrumental role in subduing the assassin."
>"So what now?"
"Celestia said she would meet me in the gardens at midnight. I guess we'll just have to hope that the others rescue the maid in time for that."

We can switch perspectives over to one of the members of the rescue team unless you have any further actions you wish to partake at the gala.
>>
>>27401696
I don't mind switching, as long as we check how Wine and our stiff bird friend are doing first.
>>
>>27401696
Sundance is still waiting outside right? We should go check on her, maybe try to get her to dance with us
>>
>>27401728
Yes. Check on Azura and Airy too.
And ask how Prism is holding up.
Rumors of the ex-court wizard nearly getting laid with the same servant Princess Celestia chose for a private show? Who happens to look just like that Crimson Cauldron guy Prism came to the gala with? Ponies will talk.
>>
>>27401755
Sunny is waiting back at Prism's place with August.
>>
>>27401728
>>27401769

"How are you holding up, by the way? You look a little anxious."
>"Well, hearing about assassination attempts doesn't do my nerves any good," he answers in a hushed whisper. "I kept telling Celestia she needed to take more precautions but she would always brush aside my concerns."
>To be fair, it didn't seem like Celestia needed much help agains the changeling. She probably could've used her magic to deal with them just as quickly as throwing Julia had.
>Gesturing for Prism to follow, you head off to check in on the rest of your friends.
>You find Airy and Azura chatting with each other.
>"Have a good time?" Azura says with a knowing smirk.
"There were manacles, ropes, and ballgags. Fun was had by everyone," you reply in jest. "By the way, Azura, you've got a little something on your lip there."
>You point to a small white blob at the corner of her mouth. She flusters and quickly wipes it away.
>"Oh, just a little bit of yogurt," she replies.
"By the way, Prism, could you toss back on my colours? I'm going to check in on Wine and Tyrest; don't want to give them a start showing up in different colours."
>After a quick re-application of magic colours, you trot off to find White Wine. Surprisingly, you find her still keeping company to the gryphon knight, who seems to be in much better spirits.
>"So then I said to him, 'if this is a Corvina then I'm the Princess of Equestria!'"
>The two burst into a fit of polite laughter.
>"Oh, Mr Cauldron," Wine says as she notices your arrival. "Where have you been? And what happen to your clothes?"

Input action.
>>
>>27401856
I was off providing private services where my cloths were removed by royal order.
How about you?
>>
>>27401856
Private tea party.
I take it our friend here is having a nice time?
>>
>>27401881
>>27401882

"Removed by orders of the Princess," you answer.
>The two immediately fall into another fit of laughter.
>"Oh you," Wine says between giggles. "Well any party that ends with your clothes off can't be all that bad."
"I take it the two of you have been having a good time?"
>"Most assuredly," Tyrest replies. He pats the mare beside him on the shoulder, looking to her with gratitude and admiration in his eyes. "Miss Wine here has shown me a most wonderful of evenings. I can't recall the last time I've enjoyed a party this much - granted gryphon parties tend to be either a somber affair or involve everyone get black-out drunk and singing at the top of their lungs off-key."
"The latter doesn't sound half-bad."
>"And Tyrest here quite the dancer," Wine adds.
"Glad to see you've both had such a good evening."
>Tyrest suddenly steps foward and throws his arms around you in a tight hug. "I am deeply indebted to you, kind sir. You have aided me in a time of hardship, and helped me to throw off the guilt and despair I had carried with me for so long. I do not know how, but I shall find a way to some day repay your kindness."
"Ah shucks, you're too kind," you reply, worming your way free of his bear-like hug. "But if you're ever in Ponyville, feel free to stop by the Sword and Board Inn to say hi."
>"I'll keep that in mind, though duties tend to prevent me from traveling much these days. I fear if I do go to Ponville in the near future, you nor will not be in a very welcoming mood."
"Please don't. Invasions are bad for business."

Input action?
>>
>>27401856
Sure, yogurt. Did Azzy get it from the servers, or the guards?

As for the missing clothes...say its a long story.
Tyrest seems to be getting along well with Wine, I take it this means he's going to be more open to pony-gryphon relations in the future?
>>
>>27401919
How has Wine's night been? No trouble with her father, I hope? Mission or no, its still a good thing to be able to enjoy yourself during a night out.
>>
>>27401931

>You take Wine aside for a second to speak more privately with her.
"Have you been okay?" you ask Wine. "I know you mentioned not looking forward to time with your father."
>"Actually, thanks to tall, noble, and handsome over there, my father's been giving me a wide birdth," Wine replies, snicking to herself afterwards. "Oh my, father is so desperate to marry me off at this point, he's willing to settle with anything that has four legs, a dick, and a pulse, and even then he's willing to settle for two out of three."
>You can't help but snicker a bit as well.
>"I guess he didn't want to interfere just in case he spokes any potential suitors I might be flirting with. It'll be such a shame to have to explain to him later that Tyrest and I will not be exchanging any wedding vows in the foreseeable future."
>White Wine then hooks her hoof around yours and steps in close. "All things considered, I've had a wonderful time. A shame it takes a kidnapping to get me to attend a party like this. Hopefully next time we can go to one together under better circumstances."
>She leans in and gives you a quick peck on the cheek.

Input action?
>>
It's late. Probably as good a time to call it a night as any.
>>
>>27402020
Oh yes, such a shame indeed. He'll be even more disappointed if he meets me and our circle of friends I'm sure.
He's not fond of polygamy, is he?

>>27402074
Goodnigh
>>
>>27402733
>>
>>27402020
I look forward to it.
Maybe we should switch over now?
>>
>>27402733
>>
>>27404003
>>
>>27404748
>>
Right, up early so let's see about starting an early session.
>>
>>27402123
>>27403261

>You return the favour in kind, leaning in to plant a quick kiss upon the mare and brushing your cheek upon against hers. You feel like the hardest part of this is behind you, though there's still some uncertainty in the air. At the very least, you feel confidant that you can convince Celestia to release Wispy back into your care.
"I hope so too," you reply. "Though I imagine your father wouldn't be too happy about us either."
>The only question at this point is whether your friends will be able to rescue the maid in time and perhaps finally drag this conspiracy into the light.
>To that answer, however, requires going back to a certain young rancher...

>Once again, you are back to August Longhorn - enterprising young bovine and cowbell afficionado. Pot Luck and the others have just left for the gala, leaving you, Sundance, Longshot, Berry, and Rough Diamond back at the optics boutique.
>With Sundance sitting in the wings as back-up for Pot Luck and the other three tasks with finding the maid, you can't help but feel like you've been left out of this important moment. Everyone else has been given a job but you.
>It's probably not intentional, or at least that's what you keep telling yourself.
>You want to help, though.
>But who to approach to ask?

Input action.
>>
>>27405820
Well, the choice is sewers or Sundance, and Sundance probably smells better.
Lets ask her if we can help out with the backup plan in some way.
>>
>>27405820
Sundance needs someone else to talk to
Ask her what she thinks of Wispy
>>
>>27405917
>>27405974

>Berry and the others seem pretty busy with all their preparations. Longshot says there's a good chance there'll be some fighting if they do find the maid, which is pretty scary when you think about it. All that violence and anger and nastiness clashing about.
>You shudder just thinking about it.
>Sundance is the only one that's not tinkering with any weapons, probably because she always seems to be ready for the next fight. Though she never does talk much to others. You hardly know anything about her beyond the idle gossip of other bovines. She's just sitting idle at the nearby table, sipping at some tea that Prism's mother brought by earlier. Seems like a lonely way to pass the time.
>Maybe you could fix that.
"Hello Sundance," you greet as you meander over to her. "Mind if I sit here?"
>"Go ahead," she answers.
"Soooo... kinda exciting with everyone heading off to rescue folks," you muse out loud.
>"Eyup. Everyone gets to go out and have fun."
"Just because it's just the two of us here, doesn't mean we can't have fun."
>"What do you even do for fun?"
"Me? Oh, well I like to crochet, do chores around the ranch, try new dairy recipes."
>"Not really my thing."
"The important part is we're here to help Wispy however we can. It's a good cause."
>"True enough. Kid's worth a little boredom."
"Heh, you've taken a shine to her, haven't you?" you giggle.
>"I... uh, I guess. A bit," Sundance replies, looking a bit flustered. "She just... I dunno, reminds me a bit of myself when I was her age."
"Awww, that's so sweet."
>"Yes, well, I'd rather she didn't wind up like me. Being stuck in a cell is no way to grow up."

Input action?
>>
>>27406125
I'm sure she'll be free soon. We got a lot of good folks here working towards it after all.
And don't feel down about being the backup. I think it shows Pot has a lot of faith in you.
>>
>>27406175

"Don't feel too bad about staying behind as the back-up. It's an important job - it shows that Pot trusts you and thinks you're the best pony to turn to if things go wrong."
>"It's probably for the best," Sundance sighs, resting her chin upon her hoof. "I'd stand out too much at the gala, and we probably want to take the kidnappers alive. Which would be hard for me to do since those sort of criminals tend to make me... upset. And I can get a little carried away if I get upset."
"That sounds... unfortunate."
>You can't help but feel a little sorry for Sundance. So much anger in one pony. It's not healthy to go through life like that.
>"Are you sure you want to stay here? I'll probably be pretty boring company," Sundance asks. "I'm sure you could convince Berry or Longshot to bring you along - an extra set of hooves could probably be useful even if you're not much of a fighter."

Input response.
>>
>>27406461
Heh, it's not easy to bore a cow hun.
And I'm more worried about making too much noise for the others.
Do you think I'm quiet enough to not go giving us away?
>>
>>27406461
Nah. Lets keep talking.
What does she think is going to hapoen once this is all over? With Golden Horn and Pot's brother and all that stuff.

We still havent found any toher elements of harmony. Could they be anyone in our little group?
>>
>>27406532
>>27406681

"I think you underestimate my ability to withstand long periods of idling. It's what a cow does for half the day really," you reply with a smug little grin. "Wow, that really makes me sound kind of boring, doesn't it?"
>"If it's any consolation, you're the least boring cow I know," Sundance offers as a small pitance. Chances are you're the only cow she knows, but you take it for the compliment that she intended it to be.
"If it's all the same, I'm happy to stay right here. You might say otherwise, but I think some company would be good for you. Besides, it'd probably be hard to be sneaky with a bell on."
>"Suit yourself," Sundance replies with a shrug. She resumes her previous task of sipping at tea and seemingly adrift in her own thoughts.
>That's fine, though, you can manage conversation on your own.
"So what do you suppose will happen once we've rescued Wispy and Berry's cleared his name?"
>"Beats me," she shrugs again. "Chances are Pot will go back to his usual routine at the inn. His brother might be a bit of a dick but he seems more opportunist than malicious; he'll probably go back to whatever guard duties he has and mind his own business. As for Canterlot itself, I doubt anything will change. Even if Horn is behind this, he's smart enough to keep himself at a safe enough distance, and nothing short of a full confession will shake Celestia's trust in him."
"You really don't think things will change?"
>"I don't have that much faith in other ponies." She pauses for a second and looks to you. "What about you? What do you hope will come from all of this?"

Input action.
>>
>>27406935
Pot is probably going to get back to business, yes, though with maybe a bit more cash on him.
Wispy might just be formally adopted too. Not that its going to be much difference.
The honey sisters might finally make up from their little feud working together to hold down the Inn. Maybe.
What are the chances Pot's going to settle down with someone? Its going to happen eventually, I think. Hint, hint, Sundance
Even if things don't change much here Ponyville has certainly been better off since Pot arrived, don't you think?
And everything is going to end too
>>
>>27406935
A bit of sympathy for the changelings looking for peace, and maybe a reminder that they aren't the only ones who can be bad eggs.
Oh, and some new friends of course. Never really had opportunity to meet most of you before now.
>>
>>27407029
>>27407032

>You mull over your response for a few moments, considering how things are in both Ponyville and Canterlot.
"Well it would certainly be nice for things to go back the way they were before, but at the same time I do hope things change for the better," you begin. "If everything goes well, maybe Pot and the others will get a reward from the Princess. And if the changelings are able to make peace with Equestria... ohhh, just think of all the extra business that could come from that. What do you suppose changeling even eat? Do they need to?"
>"They do, but love is their primary source," Sundance answers. "They'll get hungry and eat regular food, but their magic and abilities run off love."
"You think there's a market for that?" you ponder out loud. "Like a sort of 'love cafe' for changelings?"
>"I think they call those brothels."
"N-not that kind of love!" you stammer back, flustering a bit. "I mean, there's probably ponies who wouldn't mind sharing a little affection if it means getting some in return, if only for a little while."
>"Maybe you should offer yourself - you seem to be brimming with that mushy lovey-dovey stuff."
"I like to see the good in everybody," you reply, sticking your tongue out at Sundance. "I'm sure even a pony like you could use some more love and affection in their life."
>"I think that boat has long since set sail for me."
"Nonsense. What about Pot Luck?"
>Sundance was in the middle of taking a sip when you asked your question, causing her to spray a blast of hot tea across the table.
>"W-what? Pot? And me? Are you out of your little cud-chewing mind? Th-that would never work. He's got that White Wine, anyways; I'm just... damaged goods. Getting close to someone? Honestly, the thought scares the crap outta me."

Input kindness?
>>
>>27407261
Well, I wont tell you how to live your life.
A lot of folks don't find it easy after all, opening up.
All the same, you seem like a very brave pony.
If it's fear holding you back, then I'm sure you can beat it.
>>
>>27407261
You're only truly damaged when no one will even give you the time of day.
Pot and Wispy sure do. And me. Longshot clearly doesn't hate you either.

No one's asking you to marry the stallion, but at least make some friends?
>>
>>27407261
The thought of screwing up is scary sure. And I don't blame you for being scared, but don't you think the thought of being alone is more scary?
>>
Gonna have to pause here for a few hours. Hopefully can resume at work.
>>
>>27407261
>Input Kindness
Whew, is this another element I see?
>>
bump fa you.
>>
Okay, things look good to continue the session.
>>
>>27408190
Cool.
>>
>>27407346
>>27407377
>>27407411

"Well nobody is asking you to open the floodgates and let everything in, just to keep an open mind and remember that there are folks out there that do care about you," you reassure your friend with an added pat on the shoulder.
>You're not sure if she can even feel it through the armour, but it makes you feel better all the same.
"I mean there's Pot and Longshot. And Wispy, well she practically worships you. And I wouldn't mind getting to know you more as well. Plus there's Spectral Prism--"
>"Prism is borderline terrified of me."
"I like to think he respects you."
>"I suppose you have a point there," Sundance sighs. "You get used to doing things on your own, you just sorta forget why ponies like having friends in the first place. But I mean, what can a pony like me do to relate to someone like Pot Luck?"
"What sort of things do you like to do?"
>"Soldier stuff, I guess," Sundance answers with an uncertain shrug. "I wake up, do a little morning prayer, some light training, eat, check my gear, read or study, lunch, check my gear again, train, have a drink either at the tavern or in the adventurer's hall until it's late, and then I go to sleep."
"And people say cows are boring."
>"I like routine. It's... comfortable."
"Are you sure there's nothing in there that you can't share with others?"
>"Well... I did like giving some training to Pot and Wispy. That was kinda fun," she admits with a small, sheepish little smile.
"I think you should try asking someone out on a date - face those fears!"
>"What?!" This time around Sundance managed to avoid choking on her tea.
"Come on, you're the bravest pony I know. And there's absolutely nothing to be afraid of going out with someone," you encourage her.
>"W-well, let's just say hypothetically that I decide to go along with this crazy idea of yours, who would I even ask out?"

Input suggestion?
>>
>>27408382
Pot is the obvious choice.
But if not him...Longshot? The Heart that doesn't have a dildo stash?August herself?
>>
>>27408382
There's only so many people that would probably be willing to try dating Sunshine over here.
Pot, Prism, Tex(?), the carpenters(?), or maybe an adventurer who has the same routine?

Or maybe even ourself? As practice first, of course.
>>
>>27408382
Well, there's Pot, obviously. And you know Longshot well enough too.
I suppose there are a few other options, but those are less certain.
Er, do you... only like stallions?
>>
>>27408423
>>27408447
>>27408460

"Well, what about Longshot? You're both adventurers and you seem to get along well enough."
>"Pass," Sundance replies flatly. "First off, he's a bit of a dick at times. Secondly, he likes to think it's his big secret but I know for a fact that he's married. Don't tell anyone that I told you, by the way."
"Longshot's married?" you repeat in disbelief.
>"Stumbled across a few of his love letters last Hearts & Hooves. He seems intent on keeping his professional and married life separate, though, so I'm not about to put him into a difficult spot."
"Love letters? Awww, how romantic."
>"He's a horrible poet."
"You read his letters? That's not very polite."
>"Hard not to - it was like staring at a wreckage. Your eyes just get drawn to it."
>You tap your bell in thought once more, running through the various ponies you know.
"What about Pot Luck?"
>"Isn't he going out with White Wine? I mean, I know those two are... you know..." She taps her hooves together in a knowing gesture.
"How about Tex?"
>"Your brother?"
"Sure! He's plenty nice, and he's hard-working, and honest."
>"I suppose a minotaur wouldn't be very intimidated by me," Sundance murmurs to herself. "Okay, I'll be willing to give this lunatic plan a try, but YOU have to face your fear, too."
"What? Me?"
>"Don't think I haven't noticed you shy away from others, too. I'll ask someone out if you do too."

Input response.
>>
>>27408712
Well there goes the plan of getting Wispy to be her daughter....
>>
>>27408712
Dangit Sunny, Wine ain't looking.
I guess we could try a date too, but she's going have to make some suggestions of her own.
>>
>>27408712
It's pretty obvious. She's just afraid of messing up her relationship with Pot and is using Wine as an excuse.
>>
>>27408712
August can ask out...uhh...Ember? Sugar Song? Heart?(the female one)
>>
>>27408748
>>27408840

"Me? Ask someone out? Ohh, I don't know. Not many ponies are really into cows," you waffle about in uncertainty. "And if Tex goes out with you, then somebody is going to need to watch over the ranch."
>"Hey, you told me not to be afraid. Now it's your turn to show some backbone."
"Okay, okay," you mumble, still tapping your hooves on the tabletop trying to think of possible names. "Well I suppose I could try asking out Rowanwood. Or maybe Cutie Swirl from the bakery. Ember seems kinda too scary. Perhaps Sugar Song. Or maybe one of the Hearts--"
>"They're twits. Don't even think about letting them near you."
"Fine, no on the Hearts then. I could try asking Airy - she always seems like a lot of fun."
>"Just pick a name and go for it. I think we both know that neither of us are going into this expecting anything serious," Sundance sighs.

Input answer?
>>
>>27408880
...Sundance? Even for a friendly night out?
>>
File: 1455240014961.png (43 KB, 706x669) Image search: [Google]
1455240014961.png
43 KB, 706x669
>>27408880
>>27408905
>August x Sunny
The true OTP!
>>
>>27408908
Well Pot is pretty much the best choice for so many of them.
Unless we could convince them all to share...
>>
>>27408423
>>27408447
>>27408905
>>27408908

"Okay then, how about..." you pause as you frantically search your mind for possible answers. "You!"
>"Me?"
"Yes. Why not? We're already friends, we're already comfortable around each other, and if neither of us are really expecting anything to come from this then why shouldn't we just go with each other?"
>Sundance gives you a quizzical stare.
"You don't have a problem with me being a cow, do you?"
>"No, of course not."
"Do you have a problem with me being a lady?"
>"I... I'm honestly not sure. Never really thought about it much."
"Then where's the harm? Plus this saves me from having to talk my brother into agreeing cause I just know he'll say 'no' just because it's something I suggested."
>"Hard to argue agaisnt that logic," Sundance mutters in resignation. "I guess it couldn't hurt to get some practise in. Should we, like, do it now then? You know, since we're both here and all."
"Hey, that's not a half-bad idea. We can give it a shot and if something goes wrong, we can try again back in Ponyville."
>"Soooooo... what exactly do ponies do on dates? Aside from eat and pretend to be interested in what the other one is saying."

Input suggestions?
>>
>>27409150
A date doesn't have to be specifically that. There's more to it than a restaurant. It can be almost anything, like a small hike for example. All you have to do is make sure you both genuinely enjoy it.
>>
>>27409150
Oh don't forget eating food you don't like because you're too embarrassed to admit you didn't recognize anything on the menu.
But being serious, a date is just a way to flesh yourself out a little more to each other, and you can do pretty much anything on one.
You trade a few stories, share little tidbits and embarrassments with each other, the kind of things most don't know about you.
It's really just opening up a little, showing a little trust.
>>
>>27409150
Just talk. About yourselves. That's all the important parts really.

What about hobbies? Dancing, music, reading, etc
>>
>>27409189
>>27409195
>>27409216

"I would suggest actually being interested in what the other pony has to say," you reply. "At least that's if you want things to be successful. But a date doesn't have be anything special or fancy - just two folks enjoying each other's company, opening up to one another, talking about themselves, sharing stories. Building trust, really."
>"Oh, I think I did something like that once with Longshot. Except we were hanging upside in a jail cell and delirious from a snake toxin the diamond dogs used on us."
>You giggle a little to yourself.
"See? That's the sort of thing I'm talking about. Just funny little stories. I'm sure you've had a few chuckles during your time as an adventurer."
>Sundance leans back in her seat, staring up at the ceiling for a moment before smirking to herself.
>"Well, there was the time when I first met Longshot."
"Oh? Did you two have an immediate connection and forged a bond of trust and friendship?"
>"Nah. We tried to kill each other," she chuckles merrily. "There was a bounty on this diamond dog bandit that had been causing trouble traders. It was a simple job, really; kill the bandit and bring back proof of death. However, both of us were too stubborn and greedy to be willing to share the enormous bounty so when we ran into each other, we started fighting with each other. We chased each other and that bandit through the forest for a couple of days, trading blows and firing arrows at each other. I think half of Ponyville could hear the commotion by the third day."
"Did you eventually get the bandit?"
>"Actually, by the end of it, all three of us were so exhausted that all we could do was hurl insults and slurrs at one another. I think the diamond dog got so fed up with us that he hurled himself off a cliff just to escape. He was dead but... no way to collect proof. We both just wound laughing over it in the end."

Share a story of your own? Something funny? Something embarrassing? A big juicy secret?
>>
>>27409304
My life is pretty boring. Not much stuff goes on that's worth a good story.
>>
>>27409304
Tell her about the time when your parents brought Tex home
>>
>>27409304
I remember a brief visit to see some family in Baltimare years back.
Me and Tex had gotten bored of the older folks droning on and decided to check out some of the stalls set up along the waterfront.
Anyway, turns out there was a bit of a dispute between the crews of two ships.
Their captains were both looking to start a fight and as we passed by one of them said something about "fighting like a dairy farmer".
I was young and bullheaded, and I may have ended up saying something about him and his mother.
To cut a long story short I ended up riding on Tex's back out of a crowd of brawling sailors.
I actually still have the pan I had just bought. Ended up waving it around to keep them off Tex while he ran.
>>
>>27409357
>>27409378

>"So how'd a pleasant little bovine like you wind up with a big, towering minotaur for a brother, anyways?" Sundance inquires, starting to relax in her seat.
"Oh, it's really nothing special, at least as far as I know," you admit a bit sheepishly. "I was far too young to remember it myself, but as my parents told me, they were on their way back from the big city after delivering a large order of milk and cheeses when they heard some crying coming from the nearby river. My parents checked it out, and they found Tex alone in a little basket among the reeds. Mom said he looks so scared and hungry, that she took him along and decided to raise lil' Tex as her own. I was barely an infant at the time, though, so I don't remember it myself. To me, he's just always been my brother and I've always treated him as such."
>"And he's never expressed any interest in finding his real parents or clan?"
"No. No, he's always been content. Plus he might not know that he's adopted. Please don't tell him - it would absolutely break his heart. He might not act like it, but he's such a sensitive soul. I couldn't bear to do that to him."
>Sundance once again gives you a quizzical stare. "He's never noticed that he doesn't look like his parents?"
"Well, he did look a bit like father," you reply. "Dad was a minotaur, after all, although more gray-ish. But mum is brown like Tex so nobody's ever really questioned it."
>"Wait, you're dad's a minotaur? What about your mom?"
"She's a cow, just like me."
>Sundance goes silent, just staring at you in disbelief for a few seconds before shaking away her confusion.

Input conversation?
>>
>>27409515
Something wrong there Sundance? You seemed a bit off for a moment.
>>
>>27409515
...what does it matter if Tex was adopted or not? They treat each other like family, so who cares? Look at Wispy! inb4 Tex is minotaur Moses

"So...do you ever take of the armour? For bathing and stuff?"
>>
Okay, I'm going to have to call it a night here. Long weekend coming up for me, though, so hopefully can get some good sessions in later.
>>
>>27409621
Alright. Good night Inn.
>>
>>27409621
I look forward to these "sessions" :^)
>>
beb
>>
>>27410991
>>
>>27411642
>>
>>27410991
>>
>>27413015
>>
>>27414113
>>
>>27414987
>>
Right, time to get a session started.
>>
>>27409529
>>27409578

"Is everything okay? You seem troubled."
>"N-no, it's nothing," Sundance waves off the concern. "I was just... surprised. I wouldn't have expected somebody so gentle to have been raised by a minotaur."
"Well I know minotaurs have something of a reputation for being quick to anger and violent, but they can be real sweethearts once you get to know them."
>"True enough. I'm not exactly one to judge others for violent tendencies," Sundance admits with a half-hearted shrug.
"So... do you ever take that armour off?" you inquire as you give the aforementioned suit a quick poke with your hoof. "I don't think I've ever seen you not wear it."
>Sundance takes a moment to look at the armour plating over her hoof, as if contemplating the answer herself for the first time because she's never given it a second thought. Or even a first.
>"I guess I just feel more comfortable in it," she answers. "I mean, why do you always wear a bell?"
"The chiming helps keep me calm," you explain, shaking yourself enough to make the bell clang a few times. "We cows can be a bit skittish, so it's important to help prevent any anxieties."
>"Well, the suit keeps me from getting anxious."
"I have trouble picturing you anxious. You always seem to be so calm and in control."
>"That's usually cause I'm confident enough to know I can just punch and kick my way out of most situations as a last resort."
"I hope that's not how you think about this date."
>"Don't worry, you're not exactly threatening," Sundance says while chuckling. "Though I suppose if I get too anxious, I could just knock myself out to avoid further issues."
>Sundance pauses a for moment, tapping her hooves against the table in thought.
>"Soooooo... is there something you want to do? You know, since 'doing' stuff is kinda what folks do on dates."

Input action.
>>
>>27416058
Food is always nice. Play a board game? We could use Prism's room for his dolls
>>
>>27416120
Yes, let's mess with Prism's figurines.
>>
>>27416058
Don't suppose you like dancing do you?
>>
>>27416120
>>27416179

>You give an uncertain shrug.
"I could make a little something for us to eat," you offer up.
>"If you're offering, I'd much appreciate it."
"And then while we eat we could always, I dunno... mess around with Prism's dolls."
>"You want to play with his dolls?" Sundance asks, giving you a puzzled look.
"We could put them into obscene positions and see if he notices when he gets back."
>Sundance grins. "I like the way you think."
>After a quick run to the kitchen, you return to Prism's extra-dimensional room with some nice salads and fresh pasta. Sundance has already gone ahead and gathered up all of Prism's dolls, arranging them across the table. There's at least a dozen of them, perhaps more.
>"That guy has a lot of dolls," Sundance remarks.
"I think he likes to call them poseable collectible figurines," you reply while you set out the plates for the two of you.
>"Well, let's give Prism a little surprise when he returns," she says as she slides a Celestia figurine over to you, along with some armour-clad stallion.

Mess with the figurines?
>>
>>27416607
Mess with the figurines in ways that no cow has ever done before

Put Celestia's face in the stallion's crotch
>>
>>27416607
Absolutely mess with the figurines.
That stallion is going on top of the naughty princess, with several friends no less.
>>
>>27416607
You're damn right we're gonna mess with the figurines.
>>
>>27416607
put a guard on top Commander Horn.
>>
>>27416904
Second making Commander Horny bottom
>>
>>27416875
>>27416886
>>27416896
>>27416904
>>27416929

>Ohhhh, you are going to mess with these figurines like no cow has ever before or will ever dream to. Snickering like a maniacal villain, you quickly start gathering more figurines together.
>It's time for Celestia to have a little royal orgy going on.
>You gather three other figurines, positioning hte royal princess with her muzzle buried into the crotch of one, mounted from behind by a second, and she herself laying atop of a third.
>It's hard to keep yourself from giggling as you fine-tune the Princess' positioning, getting her hooves entwined with her numerous partners.
>"And here I thought you were just the innocent, wholesome type," Sundance remarks, smirking at the end result of your efforts.
"Hehe, Prism's going to get soooo mad when he sees this," you giggle. "Oh! He has a Regal Horn figure, where is it?"
>"What have you got in mind?" Sundance asks as she slides the aforementioned figure over.
"Just using a little art to express my inner thoughts," you explain as you position a couple other Royal Guard figurines to make Horn the center of a spit-roasting.
>"Pretty sure Horn would declare holy crusade if he saw that," Sundance chuckles.
"I regret nothing," you state proudly. "So, um... do you ever have any, like, you know, fantasies. About these kinda things."
>"Me? Oh, um. No. Not really. I, uh... I have some... intimacy problems," Sundance answers with some reluctance, almost avoiding the question entirely. "What about you?"

Input response?
>>
>>27417101
"I do, but like I said before, they're just fantasies. No one would be willing to try out any of them with a cow like me."

and this is where we give her ALL the fetishes
>>
>>27417101
W-well uh, I do have one or two ideas involving... rope.
>>
>>27417101
What do you mean by "Intimacy problems" if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>27417132
She likes anything with a pulse.
>>
>>27417132
Don't say S&M
>>
>>27417163
>>27417190

>You fluster for a moment at the question.
"Oh, y-you know, just... stuff. A lot of it is probably pretty vanilla," you admit, smiling sheepishly and trying to fight down the urge to hide your face in the nearby salad. "There might be so stuff involving, um... ropes and such. Maybe inter-species. And, ahem... role-play."
>"Role-play?" Sundance snickers for a second but stops herself quickly realizing it might come off as rude. "That doesn't sound that vanilla. Though I suppose when living surrounded by ponies and gryphon, inter-species stuff would probably seem run-of-the-mill."
"I was thinking more exotic - like a dragon."
>"A dragon? Don't they have like two--"
"Mm-hm."
>"And they can be like six feet long."
"Mm-hm."
>"That might be a bit harder to ever live out."
"Especially since a dragon would probably be more inclined to just eat me, and not in the fun way."
>You both have a quick laugh, which helps to ease your embarrassment.
"You said you had... intimacy problems. What did you mean by the exactly? I mean, if you don't mind me asking."
>"O-oh, it's nothing. It's just depressing stuff," Sundance replies, dodging the question. "You don't want to hear about that."

She seems reluctant, but not excessively so. Move on or try to press for more details?
>>
>>27417428
If you feel like sharing i'm all ears, but if you're uncomfortable with sharing then I won't press the matter anymore. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable.
>>
>>27417428
If you're uncomfortable then that's fine. Talking things through can help though. Just something to bare in mind.
>>
>>27417428
Well she knows herself better than anyone, so if she doesn't want to talk now than that's okay.
Ask if she's ever danced. Its in her name after all
>>
>>27417446
>>27417502
>>27417503

"Well if you don't feel comfortable sharing then you don't have to. The last thing I want is to make you uncomfortable. But talking things through can help; you don't have to suffer alone. And I'm willing to listen and be your friend, no matter what," you try to reassure your friend, patting her on the shoulder.
>Sundance gives you a worried look. You sense she's conflicted over this choice; a fight between fear and reason going on in her mind. The pegasus took a deep breath while shifting in her seat, as if trying to get physically comfortable for the mentally uncomfortable subject.
>"Well, if you didn't know, I spent quite a few years as a slave," she sighs.
"Oh dear. I... I take they didn't treat you very well, did they?"
>"It was no picnic if that's what you're asking. If you misbehaved, you were punished; if you didn't, then things were... tolerable."
"How did it happen?"
>"I was in the military when I was young; part of the Gryphon's campaign into the wildland. Things didn't go well, though, and I wound up being captured shortly before the Gryphons made a full retreat. They thought I was pretty so they kept me as a trophy. You know, to show off to all the other warlords. And sometimes they liked to use me for... 'other' things."
"Ohhhh," you murmur as you realize the implications. "So you're saying you've never done... you know, willingly?"
>"Yeah. I mean, sort of. I mean," she pauses and sighs. "I stopped fighting back by that point - I had given up hope and convinced myself that obedience was the only way to survive. So all that 'stuff' brings back a lot of unpleasant memories. I've... snapped a few times at ponies because I thought they were being too aggressive. It's just easier to avoid the subject altogether."

Input response?
>>
>>27417655
Oh jeez.

Well i'm here for you if you ever feel like talking about it, but let's change subjects.

Wanna get out of here and go walk around or something?
>>
>>27417655
Well, that makes sense now.
I can see how you'd be uncomfortable when all you memories relating to it are unpleasant.
I suppose if you had some more pleasant memories it might help, but this definitely not something to be forcing yourself into.
>>
>>27417702
>>27417703

"I'm sorry to hear that you had to endure all that," you try to comfort your friend.
>You set your hoof gently atop of hers, giving it a few friendly pats.
"And I appreciate that you were willing to share these things with me."
>"You're um, you're welcome," Sundance mutters back, a little surprised by your reaction. "Feels kind of strange talking about these things."
"Well that's what friends are for - we're here to listen whenever you have something you need to get off your chest."
>"I'll keep that in mind. Thank you."
>In a surprising move, Sundance reaches over and puts her hoof around you, bringing you in close for a very quick and brief hug. That's probably as much of a show of affection as you can expect from her at this stage. It's a big step, you realize, so you take it as a big sign of trust.
"You wanna go for a walk? I could use a little exercise."
>"Sure," Sundance nods.
>The two of you get up and head on your way, stopping briefly at the figurines so that Sundance could quickly reposition another one so that it's presenting its hindquarter to another doll. You share in a quick chuckle before hurrying outside.
>It's getting later in the evening as you wander out into the street. There's few out at this hour, mostly ponies returning home from business and shops. You get the occasional passing glance from others, though you're not sure if it's because you're a cow in a mostly high-end pony town, or because you're alongside a heavily-armoured mare.
>Maybe both.

(cont.)
>>
>>27417876

>Either way, you enjoy the tranquility of the evening alongside your new friend.
>You remember a time back when you used to think of her as a rather intimidating figure, but now not so much. She can still be scary, sure, but there's a lot more to her than that. There's a lot of vulnerability under that armour and you can't help but wonder if she'll ever feel comfortable without it.
>Maybe she'll just always be a warrior.
>Your train of thought derails when you hear a strange clattering and a muffled commotion. The streets themselves are clear so you're confused as to where the noise is coming from, at least until you hear a loud 'bang' and suddenly a metal sewer grating launches up into the sky just a few meters ahead of you.
>Both of you stare in disbelief as a diamond dog suddenly clammours out of the opening, carrying upon his shoulder a rope-bound unicorn.
>"Is that--?"
>Before Sundance can finish her sentence, the dog reaches into a belt pouch and pulls out a small black spherical object. He drops it down into the hole, soon after you hear some shouting and another 'bang.'

Input action.
>>
>>27417882
Uh... get him?
>>
>>27417882
Well don't just stand around, get him!
>>
>>27417942
>>27418061

"I think that's the maid that the others were going after."
>"Sounds like they found her too," Sundance replies.
>Unfortunately, the diamond dog is quick to notice you and Sundance standing a short distance off, and while a cow might not be cause for concern, your friend is. He scampers off in the opposite direction down the street.
>Just as your about to give chase, you see a familiar pony climbing out of the sewer opening. It's Longshot and he's looking a little frazzled. His mane and armour are a mess and he's covered in black soot.
"Oh my gosh, are you okay?"
>"Just...a little burnt..." he groans.
"Here, lemme help you--"
>"I'll be fine... just get the maid."
>"You heard him, let's go!" Sundance says, as she takes you by the hoof and pulls you along.
>Not much choice but to join in the pursuit, hurrying down the street to the clattering of heavy armour and clanging bells. Fortunately, you're able to keep pace with a diamond dog weighed down with a captive, and you're able to chase him down into a dead-end alley.
>"Hand over the pony and nobody gets hurt. Well, badly at least," Sundance warns.
>The dog, however, just grins at you both. Why he's still so confident isn't left as a mystery for long as you hear approaching footsteps from behind. Before you can even swing around, a pair of dogs suddenly leap out and crash-tackle Sundance, knocking the pegasus to the ground.
>"Get off you damn dirty mutts!" Sundance growls.
>"That's racist!" the lead diamond shouts as he uses the confusion to race past you both.
>"August, go after him!" Sundance shouts to you, still at the bottom of the dogpile.

Help or give chase? Input action.
>>
>>27418090
Distract them with the beef rump?
Clang the bell in their ears?
Insult their mothers?

We're not winning a fight against that diamond dog one on one without help.
>>
>>27418090
I guess if we chase him the others can follow the bell sounds.
>>
>>27418097
How about searching the trash for a conveniently placed stick or bone to play fetch with?
>>
>>27418097
>>27418155

>Chase after a diamond dog by yourself?
>Sundance must have you mistaken for somebody with combat experience. Or courage. Or longer legs. You're just a cow; you didn't even like running that much. But if you can't chase after the dog, what can you do?
>Helping Sundance is a start.
>But how can you help them? All you've got on you is a bell.
>Time to improvise.
>It's an alleyway, so there's plenty of trash cans around. You quickly start sifting through the filth looking for something you can use.
>Ah-ha! You find a broken piece from a fabric bolt.
>A regular might try to use such a piece of wood like a club, but you've got a better idea.
>CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG!
>Holding the bell, you smack it several times more, continuing until the two dogs turn their heads towards you.
"Hey doggies, go fetch!" you shout as you toss the stick down the alley.
>As if driven by a primal urge, the two diamond dogs leap off of Sundance and chase after the stick, barking wildly all the while.
>"I could've handled them!" Sundance insisted. "Now come on!"
>Once again, you're taken by the hoof and led on a chase. Despite the lead, four legs prove better than two and you're able to keep him in your sight. He leads you into a warehouse district of Canterlot, where fewer ponies means less chance of being spotted by guards, and also lots of buildings to hide in.
>"He went into here," Sundance says as the two of you stop outside of a large warehouse. "We can't just keep chasing him all day, we need a plan. Think you can go in there alone... maybe lure him out so I can get the drop on him?"

Input response.
>>
I think the sound of chirping crickets means it's a good time to call it a night.
>>
>>27418253
But what if there are more in there? I'm not sure I can outrun one dog, nevermind a crowd of them!
Maybe you could make a distraction and I could sneak in and get the unicorn?
>>
>>27418253
Peak around the side. Any windows? Alternate ways in?
We could knock nicely and then Sundance could knock him on the head if they're stupid enough to answer.
>>
I need to read this
>>
>>27421736
>>
beb
>>
>>27423898
>>
>>27424374
>>
>>27424374
>>
>>27425232
>>
>>27427321
>>
>>27428167
>>
Right, time for new ponies and getting this session started.
>>
>>27418462
>>27418637

"Me? All alone? Not even a mad-cow would do something like that?"
>Even if it is just the one dog inside there, that's still more than a match for little ol' you. You're just a cow - you don't fight. You don't even like to chew cud too aggressively.
>"Well it's just... you just seem, you know, non-threatening. I thought it might throw him off-guard," Sundance replies. She looks embarrassed, probably because she realizes what she's suggesting is a bit callous to you. In her defense, she's most likely used to working with other advenurers, not a dairy rancher.
"Maybe there's another way," you muse as you hurry over to a nearby window.
>Peering inside, you can't see much through the darkness. Inside you can see plenty of stacks of crates formed into nice, organized rows. There doesn't appear to be many other windows, at least none close to the ground. And the stone flooring means that digging is out of the question. Unless there's another door, there might be only one way in or our of this building.
"Listen, you go in first and try to distract the diamond dog. If he doesn't have anywhere to run, he'll try to fight you. That might give me time to sneak around and rescue the maid," you suggest.
>"Assuming he stays and fights," Sundance mutters. "Well, better than nothing, and we can't stand outside waiting. Okay, I'll go in first."
>Sundance slowly opens the door and creeps inside. It's a good idea to give her a few moments before you make your own ingress.

Sneak in through the door? Use a front window? Or perhaps try to find a window around the side or back?
>>
>>27429121
A back door would be the most convenient.

And Sundance should take a stick or something to throw in. It worked last time
>>
>>27429121
A window around the back might be best. He should be watching the other way.
We'll have to make sure our bell doesn't give us away too.
>>
>>27429158
Momentarily leave the bell or hold it so it doesn't move around much. Then I too suggest looking for a back door.
>>
>>27429325
We could remove the bell and throw it as a distraction once we're inside
>>
>>27429542
Sure that doesn't sound like a bad suggestion. It'll be noisy if anything.
>>
>>27429147
>>27429158
>>27429325

>No point just following in behind Sundance, that just makes it more likely you'll be spotted at the same time as Sundance is. Going around to find another route in is probably the best choice, so you hurry around down a side alley.
>Half-way through your trotting, though, you can't help but notice that your steps are always accompanied by a light clanging noise.
>Right, the bell. Can't be announcing your arrival ahead of time. But leaving the bell behind? It's your favourite bell; your lucky bell.
>No hope it'll be lucky at a time like this.
>You remove your bell and stow it away behind some trash bins in the alley for safe-keeping.
>Continuing on your now stealthy search, the only back door you find is securely locked so there's little chance of sneaking in through there. There are some windows but they're a bit high off the ground.
>Nothing a little tashcan stacking can't fix. Just like climbing haybales back on the ranch. Once you make yourself a little impromptu staircase, you pop open the window and start climbing in.
>You don't see any sign of either Sundance or your quarry. They're likely play a delicate game of cat and mouse.
>Many of the crates are stacked high, creating numerous corridors through through the interior. From your vantage point, you might be able to jump over and gain the high ground. Or you could climb down and search from the floor level.

Input action.
>>
>>27429650
Search from the highground of course, just stay a bit low on whatever you're standing on so you aren't too visible.
>>
>>27429650
Lets go high. No one ever looks up.
>>
>>27429796
gotta get that height ad
>>
>>27429984
Diamond Dogs have more reason than most to keep looking down too.

We should keep an eye out for escape routes if we need to get the maid out in a jiffy
>>
>>27429745
>>27429796
>>27429984
>>27430038

>It's just a short hop, skip, and a jump away. Even you can make a jump like that, and the high ground would be very useful in finding that diamond dog and the maid.
>Assuming you can make it.
"Okay, just take a deep breath and go for it," you remind yourself under your breath.
>Just a little jump.
>Easy-peasy.
>All you gotta do is jump.
>Any second now.
>Just gotta jump.
"This is so crazy," you sigh.
>Before you can give it a second thought, or five hundredth and twenty-second in this case, you push off against the windowframe as hard as you can and propel yourself across the gap.
>About half-way through you remember that jumping is not something that cows do very often. But you manage to get across, if only just barely, slamming against the side of the crate. Your hooves scramble to get a grip on the crate and after a bit of strained mooing, you manage to pull yourself up.
>Hope that didn't broadcast your position to the whole city block.
>Still no sign of anyone else.

What do you do? Wait and see? Start searching from up high?
>>
>>27430072
Continue towards the front slowly. We're looking for the unicorn primarily. If she's alone then great, we can try getting her out, or at least moving her.
If the dog still has her then we'll have to wait for Sundance to show before we do anything.
I suppose we could always drop a crate on him if we absolutely have to.
>>
>>27430161
This.
>>
>>27430161
>>27430201

>No point sitting idle, and if you're lucky, you haven't given anyone reason to start looking up.
>You carefully skulk from the top of the crates, making the much-shorter hops from one stack to the next in order to keep on the move. Thankfully, the low lighting and your small stature makes it easy to stay unnoticed. With Sundance hopefully advancing from the front of the warehouse and you working your way from the back, this simple pincer manoeuvre should result in spotting the target.
>That's when your ear catches the sound of murmuring in the distance. Somebody's talking, and it doesn't sound like Sundance.
>Slowly, you creep across the cratetops until you can start hearing the voices more clearly.
>"...you led them here? Are you an idiot?"
>"Where else could I go?"
>"Over a cliff for I care."
>"Hey, you wanted the girl. You got girl."
>"I paid you to make her disappear, permanately."
>"Well then just kill her now."
>As you draw closer, you peer over the edge of the crate and see three figures directly below you - one is a diamond dog, one is the maid, and the third is a pony draped in a cloak. You can't make out much else about him.
>"I ought to just kill you both. It'd be less of a mess for me to clean up," the cloaked pony grumbles before pulling a dagger out from beneath the cloak.
>There's still no sign of Sundance.

What do you do?
>>
>>27430448
Oh dear. I think we should try dropping a crate on him before he hurts anyone, then shout for Sundance.
At least the dog doesn't have any reason to fight with us anymore.
>>
>>27430448
Drop attack, like from Dark Souls
>>
>>27430484
yes, dropping something heavy on him should work.
I just hope Sundance comes in quick.
>>
>>27430448
Drop something heavy on him before it's too late.
>>
>>27430484
>>27430528
>>27430559

>Oh dear. Unless you want to be dragging back a corpse to Pot Luck and the others, you need to act fast. But what can you do? You don't even have a weapon! You're just a scared little rancher hiding atop a bunch of big and heavy crates.
>Hey, there's an idea!
>You position yourself next to the biggest crate you're confidant can be easily upheaved. With a little grunting and straining, you tip the crate over, sending it careening down atop of the unsuspecting ne'er-do-wells.
>Or at least one was unsuspecting. The noise from the shifting crates caught the cloaked stallion's attention, giving him just enough time to dive out of the way. The diamond dog's not nearly as fortunate and takes the full brunt of the crate landing atop of him.
>He makes a most satisfying yipe.
>Unfortunately, dislodging such a large crate meant pushing against the others, and the resulting imbalance triggered a chain reaction that brough the entire pile of crates, including you, crashing to the ground. Fortunately, your fall isn't too bad and aside from a bruise on your rump, you seem to be okay.
>Well, except for the fact that you just landed in front of a very angry-looking stallion with a knife.

Input action.
>>
>>27430735
give him a moo of defiance
>>
>>27430750
Remember to make it very LOUD and LONG just like a NORMAL cow would.
>>
>>27430735
Now is an excellent time to employ Sundance's plan. Run towards the front of the building.
>>
>>27430804
This, run fast and far. He'll more than likely give chase, right into a waiting Sunny.
>>
>>27430763
Burp into his face. Maybe the pasta breath will disorient him a little. Cows are gassy creatures, with four chambered fermentation vats for stomachs.

>>27430819
Don't let him know we have help though, we want him to chase us.
>>
>>27430750
>>27430804
>>27430819

>"What in the--who the devil are you?" the stallion growls, pointing his knife towards you.
>Now is not the time to panic; now is the time to be brave like Sundance would. You can't let him see your fear, you must remain strong and defiant!
"Moo," you squeak.
>Time for Plan B - running like the wind.
>With another moo of distress, you scramble to your hooves and race as fast as your legs will carry you.
>"Come back here you little brisket!" the stallion shouts as he gives chase.
>Well it looks like you've got him thoroughly distracted; now you just hope that Sundance keeps up her end of the plan. You keep changing directions, veering up and down the corridors in the hopes that Sundance can narrow down your location.
>Unfortunately, in your haste, you wind up running straight into a dead-end. For a second, you think this might be it.
>But just as the stallion comes barreling down the corridor towards you, a large wing suddenly juts out from around a blind corner, clotheslining the charging stallion and sending him flying ass-over-tea-kettle and crashing with a loud thump.
>From out of the wing, Sundance emerges.
>"You okay kid?"
"I am now," you breath a sigh of relief.
>Sundance walks over to the fallen stallion and kicks the knife away.
>"Shall we do this the easy way or the fun way?" she muses.
>"Well I'd hate to disappoint," the stallion groans.
>Suddenly, a faint glow emerges from underneath the hoof. He's a unicorn! Before either of you can react, several crates from the nearby stack come tumbling down burying Sundance underneath a mountain of wood and straw.
>Oh this isn't good. He seems to still be distracted with Sundance, though.

What do you do?
>>
>>27431000
Charge him in an attempt to tackle him. Suck vigirously on his horn to distract him if you must.
>>
>>27431062
Don't suck. Bite.
>>
>>27431000
Jump on his back. Ride the pony!
>>
>>27431155
Sucking on the horn might feel weirder than biting, which is more distracting.
>>
>>27431155
>>27431163

>Go for the horn!
>You don't really know much about unicorns or fighting, but it seems like the sensible thing to do. Horns are important for magic, so maybe aiming for it will prove sufficiently distracting. With his back turned to you, you throw yourself upon him and grab hold of him.
>"Hey! What are you--!"
>With your hooves busy holding on, you go for the horn with the only thing you've got left and you chomp down on it - hard.
>"OOOOOOOOOOW! You rotten little bitch!"
>Now that's just mean, so you start grinding your teeth against his horn, which seems to really tick him off. He starts bucking about wildly trying to knock you off, but you hold on tight.
>Eventually, though, he smartens up and just jumps backwards against a nearby crate, sandwiching you against it with enough force to knock the moo outta you.
>"They don't pay me enough for this shit," the stallion grumbles, picking his knife off the ground.
>He steps up to you, knife ready to end your budding rancher career.
>Until an armoured hoof taps him on the shoulder. He turns around just in time to see Sundance drive her hoof straight into his face. There's practically a thunderclap just before the stallion is launched across the warehouse, punching a hole straight through several crates before ending up lodged in a box full of pillows.

Input action.
>>
>>27431298
Thanks Sundance, another moment and I'd have been ribbons!
Now we gotta make sure him and the unicorn don't go anywhere. Oh, and the dog too.
>>
>>27431338
Pretty much this. And his little dog too.
>>
>>27431338
>>27431351
Pick up the knife too. Sundance can make use of it.
>>
>>27431338
>>27431351
>>27431380

>"Odd choice of tactics," Sundance comments as she helps you back up to your hooves.
"It... seemed like the best chance I had," you reply with a sheepish grin.
>Sundance smirks back and gives you a pat on the shoulder. "Not bad for a first date," she chuckles.
>The two of you quickly trot over to the stallion, still lodged half-way through the crate with his hindlegs dangling outside. The lack of kicking or squirming is a good sign that he's out for the count.
>"Nice colour, don't you think?" Sundance remarks as she examines the stallion's cloak - a very nice shade of blue.
"We should make sure he doesn't escape."
>"I could break his legs."
"Noooooo you won't."
>Sundance rolls her eyes. "Fine. I'll see if I can find something to secure him. You go get the maid. And take the knife with you, just in case the dog is back up."
>Luckily, you find said dog still underneath a pile of broken wood. He's definitely not going anywhere. And the maid is still bound and gagged on the floor nearby.
"Don't worry, we're here to help," you reassure her as you use the knife to cut her ropes.
>No sooner are her hooves, she throws her hooves around you, hugging you tight.
>"Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" she sobs.
"It's okay," you whisper back, patting her gently, "You're safe now."

Input action?
>>
>>27431455
Ask her where and why she was taken. What did she see?
We still need to get her to Pot and through all the other guards at the castle
>>
>>27431455
Poor horse.

>>27431534
This.
>>
>>27431534
We should get her back to Prism's first and figure things out from there.
We could go to the castle alone to tell the group there we have her.
They might not let us in but they'll probably give a message to someone inside if we ask.
>>
>>27431455
Choke a little at her iron grip. She better not be squeezing too tightly...

Tell her its no trouble, but we need to get her back Berry's team now. They will know she's missing soon enough.
>>
>>27431534
>>27431569

"Come on, let's get you somewhere safe first," you whisper as you help the maid back to her hooves.
>As you're leaving, you pass by Sundance who has the unconscious stallion slung over her back, wrapped in chains. She gives you a quick, approving nod before continuing on to gather the dog as well.
>You take the maid outside the warehouse, where she takes a seat to collect herself.
"Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" you ask.
>She sniffles and shakes her head.
"Where did they take you?"
>"I... I don't know for sure. I had a bag over my head for most of it. I think it was the sewers since, um... since the bag fell off while he was carrying me out of there. That was after what sounded like some other ponies trying to fight their way to me."
"Those were friends of mine. We've been looking for you all day."
>"R-really?" she smiles at the news.
"Mm-hm."
>Just then you hear some hoofsteps approaching. Fortunately, this time it's friendly faces as you see some rather weary and ragged ponies approaching - Rough Diamond, Longshot, Berry, and Sweet Heart.
>"Oh... oh thank Celestia at least you found her," Sweet pants before promptly slumping to the ground. "I hate it when they run..."
>But while they were all your friends, when the maid notice Berry alongside you, she starts shrieking.
>"K-keep that thing away from me!" she cries, cowering behind you.

Input action.
>>
>>27431619
Easy now, he's not the one who hurt you, I promise.
>>
>>27431619
Calmly ask her to please calm down, he's not the enemy here.
>>
I think I'll call it a night here. We'll continue tomorrow.
>>
>>27431698
Later fama.
>>
>>27431698
G'night
>>
>>27431619
Hey, that 'thing' helped find you in the first place. He's friendly, don't worry.

>>27431698
See you Innkeep
>>
>>27432492
>>
>>27431619
Tell the maid to stop being racist.
>>
>>27434070
>>
>>27435237
>>
>>27431619
I know you had a bad experience with changelings, but Berry here is friendly.
>>
>>27435921
>>
>>27436295
He's Berry friendly.
>>
>>27436978
>>
Right, lets try for another session.
>>
>>27439175
berry generous of you, i'm grapeful for your quest
>>
>>27431635
>>27431654
>>27431838

>In retrospect, you shouldn't be surprised at the maid's reaction to Berry's arrival. As far as she's aware, she's gone from being attacked by changelings to being kidnapped by diamond dogs. Hopefully this doesn't lead to a lifetime fear of other races.
"It's okay, miss, he's not going to hurt you," you try to reassure her, wrapping your hooves around her in a protective hug. "He's nice; he doesn't want to hurt anypony. He's actually the one that helped the others find you."
>"He... he helped to rescue me?" the maid repeats.
>The news comes as a surprise to her, but it's also calming her down.
>"Not easy tracking a pony by scent through a blasted sewer," Berry remarks. "But if anypony can help clear up the fact that I didn't attack you in the first place..."
>"W-wait, attack me? You're the--"
>"The changeling you accused, yes, or can you not tell two changelings apart?" Berry quips.
"Berry, please, she's scared and confused."
>Berry sighs. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry. Just... a little frustrated."

You've rescued the maid. What do you do now?
>>
>>27439350
Assuming we have all our affairs in order,(like securing the dog and wizard) we can go about our business now. We can ask her questions somewhere more safe.

Unless there is some things that really need to be asked at the moment.
>>
>>27439350
Well, Berry, being bitter isn't going to help. Let's take the poor maid somewhere safe.
>>
>>27439350
Lets try hearing her story first.
>>
>>27439433
We could show some sympathy, but tell him we can sort that out later. Everyone will have a better chance to talk then, and maybe get over some prejudices they may hold.
>>
>>27439350
We need to get out of here. Either to Prism's place or straight to the palace.
Horn is going to notice the missing guard eventually.
We can hear the details along the way.
>>
>>27439380
>>27439433
>>27439628

>"We shouldn't linger around here," Sundance says as she arrives, carrying both the dog and unicorn upon her back. "Sweet, do you recognize this asshole?" she adds, gesturing to the unconscious unicorn.
>Sweet Heart takes a closer look, examining the pony's face for a few seconds.
>"I think that's Lieutenant Longstrider, though it's tricky to tell with all the bruising. What did you hit him with, a brick wall?"
>"Just my hoof," Sundance answers.
>"Trust me, there's not much difference," Longshot quips.
"Anyways, Sundance is right - it's not safe here," you speak up, "We should get somewhere safe and let Pot Luck know that we've found the maid. Then we just have to hope everything's going according to plan at the gala."
>With a round of nods, you gather up and return to the optics boutique.
>Once at the boutique, Sundance secures the two prisoners in the basement and Longshot stays with them to keep watch. Meanwhile, you take the maid and the others to the kitchen.
>No doubt everyone needs a drink at this point.
>The maid, one Dusty Sweeps, is still shaken but she seems calmer now. A cup of tea seems to help put her at ease, though you notice she still gives Berry on the opposite side of the table a nervous glance every so often. You sit beside the maid, who seems feel more comfortable when you're close by.
"Now Dusty, we know this is difficult, but we'd really like to know what happened the night that you were attacked."
>She nods slowly, taking a few breaths to steady her nerves.

(cont.)
>>
>>27439863

>"I was... it all happened so fast. A lot of it is still fuzzy. I was... I was sweeping out the guest quarters like I do every night when I heard the door open. Nothing unusual except in comes... in comes Mr. Teapot."
"Who's that?"
>"The shift supervisor," Dusty replies, her voice softening as her eyes light up for a second. "We work so many nights together - he's kind and gentle, and so funny, and he has such dreamy eyes."
"But I take it, that wasn't who was actually there."
>Dusty sighs. "No, I mean, in hindsight I guess it makes sense. He's very professional, but when he came in and started flirting with me, I just got so caught up in the moment."
>"Pretty standard changeling tactic," Berry remarks. "Figure out who they fantasize about, then make those fantasies come true."
>The maid begins to fluster a bit. "That's right. He said everything I always wanted to hear from - that he thought I was beautiful and sweet, and that he wanted to bend me over the table and--"
"I think we get the point."
>"Oh right," Dusty apologizes. "Well, um, the next part is a bit of a blur. The next thing I know, I just feel... pain and exhaustion. I try to scream but I don't know if anyone heard. Then I'm waking up in the infirmary surrounded by guards. They told me that a changeling attacked me."
>"So wait, you never actually saw a changeling attacking you?" Berry asks.
>Dusty shakes her head. "The guards kept saying it was, though. They kept, um, asking if it was you. I was just... I was so confused and embarrassed."

Input words?
>>
>>27439875
Is there any way to prove if she was actually attacked by a changeling in the first place? The guards were specifically pressuring her about whether or not it was Berry while repeatedly telling her it was a changeling attack?
>>
>>27439863
>>27439875
Unless changelings leave a very obvious trace of how they attack,(like puncture wounds in the neck or something, I don't know it's supposed to just be an example) it sounds like they might just be trying to pin the blame on someone else.

It could of still been the original Mr. Teapot, though the sudden feeling of pain and exhaustion does point pretty heavily to a changeling attack. But couldn't a drug possibly make the same effects too? Maybe Mr. Teapot was a changeling the whole time?
>>
>>27439932
>>27440019

>"Is it possible that this wasn't an actual changeling attack?" Sweet asks.
>"Possible, but unlikely," Berry replies. "When they brought me in so she could ID me, she smelled of a recent feeding."
"You can smell that?"
>"Sure. Marking a target is like wolves marking territory," Berry explains. "Tells other changelings to keep away, that this one is mine."
"Maybe we can use this 'mark' to prove it wasn't you."
>Berry gives an uncertain shrug. "As far as I know, most ponies aren't even aware the mark exists, let along how to detect or examine it yourself. Your sniffers just ain't equipped to notice it."
"What about your sniffer? Can you tell us anything about it?"
>"Well maybe," he shrugs again. "It's not like it'll have a changelings name written on it. I mean, a changeling can do a comparison between a mark and another changeling and tell you if it was or wasn't them, but who's gonna believe me if I sniff her and tell her that it's not my scent?"
"Pot said you could sniff out who did this if we got you and the maid in the same room."
>"Oh, right," Berry remarks, letting out an awkward cough. "I may have... oversold that a bit. I mean, I can sniff the mark and then work from there but it's not a magic bullet. In time I could probably hunt down who actually did it. It's just... easiest way is to compare it with another."
>"Maybe we should just take this all to the Princess and see what she thinks," Sweet says with a sigh.

Input words.
>>
>>27440255
At this point we've done just about everything we can.
We could still ask the dog what he knows before we go to the princess though.
He doesn't have much reason to protect his employer at this point.
>>
>>27440255
Which leaves the rather large problem of even finding out who the changeling is at the moment...

>>27440328
This too.
>>
>>27440255
So when do Pot Luck and Prism come back?
>>
>>27440328
>>27440344

"Well, we definitely need to let Pot Luck and Prism know that we have the maid safe and secure."
>"I'll go tell them," Sweet Heart volunteers as she gets up from the table. "I'm a guard, after all, so it'll be easy for me to get into the castle and talk to them. I'll tell him everything we've got so far."
>"In the meantime, it might be a good idea to take a run at our prisoners - see what they might know," Sundance suggests. "I'll go see what information I can get out of them."
>"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Rough Diamond asks. "I heard you can be a little...rough with that sort of business."
>"I'm not rough," Sundance insists. "I'll be pleasant to them, I promise."
>With that, the pegasus trots off towards the basement.
>"Maybe one of us should go down there," Diamond remarks, looking a little worried.

Input action.
>>
>>27440539
We could go down. Do the "good cop, bad cop" thing again.
>>
>>27440539
Time for a little good cow bad cow.
>>
>>27440539
I'm more worried about Sweet Heart. Even though she has good intentions, something tells me she's gonna mess up something. Someone should tail behind her.
>>
>>27440671
Problem is, once they get to the gala, how will they get in?
>>
>>27440762
They only need to get a message to the group inside.
>>
>>27440567
>>27440612

"I think I'll go make sure Sundance doesn't do anything extreme," you volunteer. "Please keep watch over Ms. Sweep."
>"No problemo," Diamond says with a playful salute.
"And be nice."
>"Hey, I am nice. Ladies love me!"
>You just chuckle to yourself as you head on your way. In the basement you find Longshot standing guarding, crossbow in hoof, and Sundance next to the prisoners doing her best 'scary pony' stare. The dog looks pretty nervous, but the stallion looks as calm as an mid-evening lake.
>"Come on, it's pretty obvious that this isn't just a one-pony show. Unless you want some free dental surgery, I suggest somebody starts talking," Sundance warns, stomping her hooves on the ground.
>But the stallion says nothing, he's not even looking at any of you - just staring at the far wall.
"I think what my over-enthusiastic friend is saying is that this situation looks pretty bad for the two of you," you comment as you waltz over. "Kidnapping, conspiracies, threatening to kill a pony... all looks pretty bad and, as they say, you two are left holding the milk bucket."
>"I don't think anybody actually says that," Sundance remarks.
"Well I say it."
>Still nothing.

Input action?
>>
>>27440876
While I'm all for Sunny doing some dental work, I don't think that's in character.
>>
>>27440876
Ask the dog his name. Tell him that things will end better for him if he cooperates. He's only guilty of kidnapping, there's no need for him to go down with a murderous traitor.
>>
>>27440908

>The stallion is pretty tight-lipped. No surprise. He's probably well-trained. As tempting as it is to let Sundance loosen a few teeth, that goes against your moral fiber and you're smart enough to know that such abuse would never work.
>The pony is simply not afraid.
>Now the dog, on the other hand, does appear quite nervous.
"What about you?" you say as you turn your attention to him. "I overheard you two talking, that you were paid just to kidnap the mare. There's no reason to hitch your milk cart to this mess. If you tell us what you know, things might go easier on you."
>"Hey! I was just paid to bring the pony," the diamond dog insists. "I was just doing what I was told. He's the one calling the shots!"
>The dog gestures with his head back to the stallion. Still he remains unphased.
"What else do you know?"
>"Nothing, I swear! I don't ask questions, just take money and do job!" the diamond dog replies. "He wanted the pony gone, so I grabbed her."
>Sundance gestures you aside for a second, leading you away for a quick whisper.
>"I don't like this," she says, "dog probably knows squat. He's muscle. The pony's the middle-man but I don't think he'll turn unless we apply some pressure."
"You're not hurting him," you remind your friend. "Violence won't get us anything."
>"Well neither will saying please. He's a soldier; we need to make him flip somehow cause he's not going to volunteer on his own."

Input suggestion?
>>
>>27441243
How do you get info from one who's probably trained to resist interrogation?

We could bring Berry in, and see what he can find out, or really sweet talk him, be his friend (but that'll take to long)
We need to get him to say something so we can get some idea of how he is.
Maybe he's one of those blindly loyal types? Accuse him of treason against citizens of Equestria, see how that works out.
>>
I think I'm going to call it an early night. We'll try again tomorrow.
>>
>>27441243
This guy doesn't like changelings. We should bring in Berry, have him antagonize him a little.
Angry people rarely stay quiet.
>>
bum
>>
bamp
>>
>>27444479
>>
>>27445317
>>
>>27446131
>>
>>27446807
>>
>>27447673
>>
cowbump
>>
>>27448456
>>
>>27448906
>>
If JAD had its own merchandise, what would it be?
>>
>>27450284
Pot dakis
>>
>>27450284
Hm, if it was simple marketing, probably place-mats and those little cardboard disks they set cups on, custom printed with the JAD logo.

Glad to see this running again, I'd be playing but life's got me by the short hairs lately. At least I can give a bump!
>>
>>27450289
dakis of everyone
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.