[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who found the last episode boring as fuck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9
File: dce.png (106 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
dce.png
106 KB, 900x900
Am I the only one who found the last episode boring as fuck? You knew pretty much what was going to happen the whole time, since it was a retelling of a classic story, and the Christmas theme just seemed out of place to me. On top of all that, the songs started to get on my nerves after awhile. Probably my least favorite episode so far this season, besides maybe the equally predictable Pinkie Pie / Maude episode.
>>
I agree. Why was there a christmas episode during SUMMER? What the fuck?
>>
It wasn't that bad actually, I personally hate slice of life episodes since they take too much away from the adventure episodes that made S1 good. But I enjoyed it.

Wanted to see what spin they'd use for Christmas Yet to Come since in the original it involved death.
>>
>>27379848
We get a musical episode every season, but I was disappointed they didn't come up with an original story. Songs were good though, especially Luna's song. I honestly believe the writers had to make Hasbro believe this is still a children's show by telling one of the "classics".
>>
>>27379878
If they manage to keep the story moving during the songs it's ok. For example, the one that introduced Princess Twilight, despite what else you can say about it, kept the story moving through the songs, this one started with an unnecessarily long one about how the main character hated Hearthswarming.
>>
>>27379848
Boring was a common sentiment towards it.
>>
File: Oh fuck.png (216 KB, 710x420) Image search: [Google]
Oh fuck.png
216 KB, 710x420
>tfw all the episodes so far are boring
We gonna go full Powerpuff Girls next season, arent we?
>>
>>27379977
Gauntlet of Fire was great.
>>
>>27379987
Best episode so far.
>>
It was pretty boring.
>>
>>27379848
it wasn't boring. was expected
when you know a story where you know what is about, you say it's boring, but that's because you know what's going to happen.
>>
File: ingeniuos.jpg (13 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
ingeniuos.jpg
13 KB, 225x225
you anons are fucking mental. this episode is the best shit i've seen from this show in forever. so much of this episode was done right. pacing was excellent, songs made me jizz. this ep hit all the notes. 9.5/10
>>
File: 1448946842416.png (170 KB, 500x296) Image search: [Google]
1448946842416.png
170 KB, 500x296
>>27381599
Whatever you say, paid Hasbro shill
>>
>>27379848
Eh, predictability didn't detract too much for me, since I love Christmas Carol. My enjoyment was more about "Who's gonna play Cratchet/Marley/the spirits," just like with every cartoon retelling of the story.
>>
>>27379848
Summer fag go home, I didn't even watch the episode.
>>
>>27379848
>Probably my least favorite episode so far this season, besides maybe the equally predictable Pinkie Pie / Maude episode.
Funny, those are my favorite 2 eps this season. They were both simple, but extremely cute and entertaining. I'm also a sucker for musical episodes. Basically this >>27381599

>>27379872
>I personally hate slice of life episodes since they take too much away from the adventure episodes that made S1 good.
Am I in bizarro world?
>>
>>27379862
Because little girls like christmas?
>>
>giving a fuck about the story and not the music, costumes, animation, and voice acting.
>>
It's all been boring. I may have to change my pick for most overrated season from 2 to this one at the rate people have been eating this shit up.
>>
>>27383769
>>
>>27383816
I keep forgetting you have your catalog set to "last reply" and instinctively bump everything like a faget.
>>
>>27379848
>since it was a retelling of a classic story
Every reenactment of a Christmas Carol is someone's first's reenactment of a Christmas Carol.
Of course all of them pale in comparison to the greatest version of a Christmas Carol: A Muppet Christmas Carol - Starring Michael Cain.
I only regret we didn't get to see Sunset and Trixie do a rendition of Marley and Marley.
inb4 "The actual Christmas Carol only has 1 Marley in it"
And that is why it is the inferior version.
>>
File: harold-and-kumar-300x168.jpg (19 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
harold-and-kumar-300x168.jpg
19 KB, 300x168
>>27379848
The episode made me want to tell ponies stupid stories from our world, like the tale of
Joe Dirt, Harold and Komar's journey to White Castle, The Odyssey of the Bubble Boy or the epic tale of Ferris Bueller's day off.
>>
>>27382154
ITS FUCKING MAY
i hate that "Christmas in July"crap
i diddnt even watch it, im saving that one for December lads
>>
>>27379848
>You knew pretty much what was going to happen
You're watching the wrong show if you're looking for shocking, exciting twists and turns, you idiot. It's about character development and friendship. I bet you also complain that "nothing happens" in Better Call Saul. I fucking hate you.
>>
>>27379848
Beyond the whole Christmas in Summer deal, it was still better than the episode before it by a mile and on par with GoMP and NSP
>>
>>27382104
Slice of Life a shit anon.

Why did you think Ember episode was liked as much as it was?
>>
>>27384635
Because a good majority of this board is legitimately retarded and can't understand good writing, depth, or any level of subtlety. Spike didn't even have a personality. They just made him do cool things. Fuck anyone who thinks that did him justice.
>>
>>27379872
>>27384635
I actually kinda agree.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eaTxxRBVew

>I've read this story before and the lesson is obvious but it has ponies in it so I'm paying attention.

pretty much how i feel about most episodes really.
>>
File: 1414980363880.png (138 KB, 299x307) Image search: [Google]
1414980363880.png
138 KB, 299x307
>>27379848
At least you briefly explained the reason why you didn't like it, unlike most faggots here and their baseless opinions.

Also,
> fukkin saved
>>
>>27386362
I would have loved the episode if it was using our actual cast to tell the tale rather than them playing parts.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.