[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It never stated that the story was fake in the episode, if not.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 7
File: 41251242143.png (143 KB, 869x1024) Image search: [Google]
41251242143.png
143 KB, 869x1024
It never stated that the story was fake in the episode, if not. This could've actually been Luna.
>>
>>27365604
Luna? You mean, the same Luna who was trapped on the moon for a thousand years?
>>
>>27365612
silly anon, don't you remember all flashbacks happened 1000 years ago?
>>
>>27365604
Yeah, just like Diamond Tiara was still a filly way back then.
>>
>>27365665
Difference is Luna could actually live back then
>>
>>27365671
But we're going by OP logic here. Since Luna was representing the spirit of hearth's warming yet to come, clearly it must be Luna then. So since Diamond Tiara was representing whatever filly, surely it has to be her, right?
>>
>>27365681
Thou Shalt not Commit Logical Fallacies.
>>
>>27365681
he didn't say it was clearly luna, he said she could have been.
>>
>>27365686
Sorry for poking holes in the already gaping logic there.

>>27365688
Oh, so it 'could' have been Diamond Tiara. Gotcha.
>>
>>27365686
The only fallacy he's committing the te one inherited from OP's argument. Do the words "by your own logic" mean nothing to anyone anymore?
>>
>>27365719
One is a character who is known to live at least a minimum of 1000 years and the other is a mortal pony.

Comparing an 'immortal' pony with a mortal pony's lifespan is next to trolling. The Idea is that it could be Luna, but if you're really going to push your strawman fallacy then I'll instead say they're ancestors since you'd never allow me to disagree.

The others are personaified by Twilight, that I know but Luna was literally portrayed as someone that was from the future. Someone that could live in modern Equestria even.
>>
>>27365741
>The characters are personified by Twilight.
That's all.
>>
>>27365758
(You)
>>
>>27365604
Anon, do you require assistance? Did you not understand the episode?
>>
>>27365762
>It's trolling to point out the obvious to morons
Sorry, it's an alternate reality, or whatever shit you like.
>>
>>27365741
>but Luna was literally portrayed as someone that was from the future

So she can time travel? OP, your logic isn't making any more sense than when you started. Also, calling someone a troll for using your own logic against you is pretty childish.
>>
>>27365777
It's also childish to immitate OP just to validate your own point.
>>
>>27365701
>Oh, so it 'could' have been Diamond Tiara. Gotcha.
are you mentally handicapped?
>>
>>27365741
The Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come is a symbol of possible futures, it isn't FROM the Future.
>>
File: adhom.jpg (60 KB, 651x439) Image search: [Google]
adhom.jpg
60 KB, 651x439
>>27365741
They were all personified; think of it as a play; you have asbolutely no reason to believe this should be Luna; she's simply playing a character. Tjere is nothing else in the show that tells us she may have time travelling habilites, seeing into the future, or the job of grim reaper. There's also no metnion of Celestia and Luna in the story so, sauing that they ere even alive by then is also purely speculative.
>>27365782
No it's not, it's called an argument. but pic related
>>
>>27365785
Are you?

>>27365782
How else would the kid listen? Have to use their own logic when they spout something stupid.
>>
>>27365782
>Using my logic against me is childish
It's a rhetorical device to show how weak your logic is.
>>
>Legitimate show discussion
>Nothing but shit-flinging and immature word-twisting

And people say I'm ruining the board. I may be annoying but at least I'm not legitimately making the board worse.
>>
File: 1461243883775.jpg (65 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
1461243883775.jpg
65 KB, 567x561
>>27365604
ITT
retarded lunafags overanalyze the episode that has nothing to do with overall storyline
>>
>>27365806
fuck off nyx fag, your autistic shitposting is worse than any shipping or constant memes
>>
>>27365806
>I'm not legitimately making the board worse
>posts Nyx
Pick one.
>>
>>27365790
>It's an argument to pretend to be OP and sound retarded

Correct. Good Anon.
>>
>>27365806 (are) (the) (sunshine) (of) (my) (life)
>>
File: 1245821458124.png (319 KB, 610x504) Image search: [Google]
1245821458124.png
319 KB, 610x504
>>27365811
>>27365814
What's wrong? I'm agreeing with you. Fuck /mlp/ let's make it worse. and fuck that old hag Faust.
>>
>>27365815
Who pretended to be OP?

People just pointed out OP was wrong and showed how.

Stay Salty.
>>
>>27365822
This poster >>27365785 isn't me.
>>
Sounds fictional, since everyones named for the holiday.

Smart unicorn questions the tale of Wendigos and spirit Jesus appears before her to prove her wrong.

Christmas Carol is about self-reflecting. This is telling you to stop questioning the history.

We start with a wise wizard named Snow Frost, whos work is being interrupted by noisy commoners celebrating HWE out on the streets. Then the common man dashes in to her study and rolls his eyes when the wise wizard calls the events of HWE bogus. The wizard then gets an idea of cancelling HWE with a spell.

Deus ex machina, spirits of the holiday come to stop the wizard. First spirit give us reasoning, why the wizard believes what she believes, and the fault is an old schoolar that teached her. The second spirit tells her to lighten up and the third tells her the Wendigos are true and real.

The wizard then regrets her disbelieve and unsocial behaviour, and joins the commoners in partying.

This episode made an interesting note by giving us 2 more magical unicorns that don't believe in magic of friendship, but logic. Twilight also started as someone who put logic over friendship when it came to magic.

Maybe theres 2 schools of thought. The academic widely accepted understanding of magic, that Starwirl is likely part of. And what seems to be just Celestia teaching Twilight about magic of friendship.
>>
>>27365815
>if you point out flaws, you must be pretending to be OP

Nigga wat
>>
>>27365829
I don't care...?
I was responding to >>27365815 and only >>27365815
>>
>>27365836
>Discussing the show seriously

Fuck off Brony.
>>
>>27365836
>Spirit Jesus.
Wut?
>>
>>27365853
I know but where?

Also, if the Wendigos are still a threat, then we have a connection to Crystal Empire thats still fighting back agaist the cold north, possibly playing bigger role for Equestria. Altough it was missing for 1000 years.

If so, we now have a end time similar to Witcher series.
>>
>>27365881
>Assuming that in-universe fiction is indicative of the show's lore.
>>
>>27365885
>Implying it's fiction

It's a book not a comic you dumb fuck.
>>
>>27365887
>implying books can't be fiction
NIGGA WHAT?
>>
>>27365887
>All books are non fiction
Harry Potter was a historic epic?
>>
>>27365892
Oh I guess autobiographies must mean the people are fictional too.
>>
>>27365897
Did you hit your head or something? Try hitting it harder.
>>
>>27365897
>Some books are Fiction
>Therefore they must all be
Ummm, no...?
>>
>>27365897
Oh shit, son. Such burn! Showed him! Hell yeah, so now that we know A Christmas Carol is real, think you'll be visited by ghosts to show you all the dumb shit you've done in your life?
>>
>>27365917
>Luna could've existed in the past therefore Diamond Tiara could
>>
>>27365920
>strawmanning this hard

You really didn't get it the first several times it was pointed out to you, did you?
>>
>>27365922
Actually it's called black and white fallacy.
>>
>>27365920
ITS ALL ONE FICTIONAL BOOK

RESEMBELANCE TO SHOW PONIES IS A RESULT OF TWILIGHT'S INTERPRETATION

WHY IS THIS BEYOND YOU?
>>
>>27365815
Anyone who really knows event eh slightest bit of logic and argumentation knows that the best way to prove an argument right or wrong without the need to recover any other sort of argument (to avoid fallacies) is by developing it and by applying to other situations of similar nature. we simply developed your logic until we found an inconsistency. It's basic argumentation, even if you had grade-school levels of math you'd know this by now.
>>27365808
>implying lunafags
We already know the abysmally small penises sunzealots have been gifted with
>>
>>27365928
Because it never stated it was fictional. There could be an inbetween point you're avoiding on purpose.
>>
>>27365924
>missed it again

This has to be the best fucking troll or the most retarded kid. It's beyond hilarious either way.
>>
>>27365932
>Never stated it was fiction

It never needed to, the show assumed the children watching weren't retarded.
>>
>>27365936
(You)
>>
ITT: People that can't be creative and open to discussion
>>
>>27365940
Aw, he's resorting to memes now! Alright, let's give the kid some space. I think we pressured the little guy too much and he's incapable of giving proper responses now. Maybe after a juice box and a nap he'll be back.
>>
Another interesting thing from this episode, that I'm probably looking too into, is when zimzam sings at the end, she walks past the Apple family and sings;
>Sometimes you just let go of the past

Now she sings similar shit to Twilight and Pinkie/RD too when she goes past them. For Twilight is just about sharing a story with a friend, and for Pinkie/RD is about enjoying the present. Now Pinkie was the ghost of Presents in the story and RD was the assistant going on about how awesome the holiday is, so in same sense thats why Applejack is the past. But the current scenes also reflect whats going on in the song. Pinkie and RD are gathered around a pile of presents, enjoying theirselves.

But for Applejack, its just her whole family. Its that its again an episode where everyones family is gathered with them, and theres still no Apple parents.

At the last shot inside the castle, theres some ponies that seem important, but have no major screentime. Theres Rainbow Dash's dad, but theres also recolor of the dude. It looks like the dude, but the mane and fur is darker. Could be something else. Could be something like Scootaloo's dad. What if this episode was ment to be shown later in this season, since chronically it doesn't matter where it goes, as its an stand alone Christmas special.
>>
>>27365924
>>27365932
>moving goalposts
>>
>>27365947
You okay bro?
>>
>>27365944
Hard to discuss when the logic presented is swiss cheese.
>>
>>27365885
Well we have 2 fictional pieces talking about cursed everlasting winter, one of them being the foundation story. And the Crystal Empire is in constant battle with the northern cold.
>>
>>27365955
I am, how polite! And how might you be today, aside from the horrid logic brought on by OP?
>>
>>27365963
Yeah but it used mane 6 characters so it's not real.
>>
>>27365963
>The founding of Equestria was fiction.
No...?
>>
>>27365971
Could be. The characters portrayed in Heart's Warming Tail question the legitimacy of the foundation story, and they're both schoolars.

Even if Heart's Warming Tail is fiction, it pulls from reality. The story itself could be more political belittling of the unicorn wizards doubting the legend.
>>
>>27365995
Fuck off OP
>>
>>27365995
No, it isn't.
Rewatch both episodes and you tell me which one was presented as History and which as Fiction.
>>
>>27366004
Not OP

Since everything in this board is shitposting, I'll muse myself with some lore theories.
>>
>>27366020
>muse myself
You see yourself as your own muse...?
>>
bump :^)
>>
>>27366075
Why?
>>
>>27366024
You end every post with dots and question mark...?

I got some time to spend so I don't mind the shitposting. Its just been really summer around 4chan lately.

You don't see Celestia and Luna during HWE play, even the unicorns go as far as to claim its the unicorns that raise sun and moon. But, once the tribes unite, both sisters are on the flag. HWE basicly states that the power of friendship kept the Wendigos away, but the strongest unicorn that ever lived, didn't know about the magic of friendship. And then you have the fictional story with two more unicorns that don't believe in the power of friendship. Also, Twilight starts as someone that doesn't believe in magic of friendship. Its kind in odds that none of them believe in magic thats the major plot twist in their kingdom's foundation.
>>
>>27366090
>even the unicorns go as far as to claim its the unicorns that raise sun and moon

Because they did.
>>
>>27366081
Because I can.
>>
>>27366090
I'm sorry, I really tried to follow your logic, but English isn't your first language is it . . . ?
>>
>>27366102
That would make Celestia and Luna inconsisting with the timeline. The sisters had to be in power for some time for all 3 tribes to recognize them as their leaders. For them to exist then, I would believe it to be them that raise the sun and moon.

I think Discord episodes put more light into this. Celestia states;
>Discord made live miserable to unicorns, pegasis and earthponies alike.
The tribes are mentioned separately, but then she adds the "alike", which makes Discord's Age seem to take place before HWE. And the flashback to when Discord was first time defeated, shows housing similar to the time period of HWE.
>>
>>27366161
You should read the Journal of the Two Sisters if you're wanting answers. It states, again, that unicorns raised and lowered the sun and moon and how Celestia and Luna came to do so.
>>
>>27366116
Dammit niglet. Why you shitpost like a lady?
>>
>>27365604
So does anyone in here wanna talk from a writer's, director's, ideaguy's perspective?

Or you just wanna headcanon like a bunch of uncharming geeks?
>>
>>27366171
That shit reads like bad fanfiction.
>>
File: Trollface_Discord.png (95 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Trollface_Discord.png
95 KB, 600x600
>>27366182
I'll take headcanon like a bunch of uncharming geeks please.
>>
>>27366182
more like a bunch of talentless autistics with no creativity and no social skills, Am I rite you guise?
>>
>>27366182
>So does anyone in here wanna talk from a writer's, director's, ideaguy's perspective?
Sure, whats you got?
>>
>>27366188
It's official, either way.
>>
Fuck off OP
>>
>>27365944
that's exactly the opposite of what's happening here, OP gave a discussion point, we discussed it, concluded it was bullshit and not worth speculating about, but OP keeps clinging into it.
>>
>>27365604
I doubt it, especially considering that while they do share features, they aren't actually the same.

Last I checked, Luna was a pony, not a spirit. Also, Luna's wings are attached to her body, not to some giant cloak.

Finally, Luna has 4 legs, not 2 and Luna isn't that tall.
>>
As a 4th or even 5th dimensional character you could have your characters go into different personality fits and roles if she has enough character in her. Think of the mane6 as different aspects of life which 1 character went through.

>>27365604
Or just Luna portraying the Grim Reaper, you faggot.
Speaking of Luna... she's probably the first Sunset Shimmer error since season 1.
She's an arrogant ego-centric villain which gets beaten and then reforms into a puny apologetic little shit who's ready to cry.

And her backstory has much to be desired from.
I've seen the cliche "Anti-hero turned full villain and then sacrifices himself for the better good" but only in video games, movies and those shitty anime commercials like Power Rangers with the green ranger.

Luna needs a completely different backstory if you want to properly build upon her. Otherwise have fun trying to turn sand into sweet edible cake.
>>
This was amazing
>>
>>27365604
>looking too deeply into this
>>
>>27366595
>Speaking of Luna... she's probably the first Sunset Shimmer error since season 1.
>Sunset Shimmer error
>implying Sunset wasn't a "Luna error"

That said, its one thing to have a vendetta and willingly carrying it out (Starlight Glimmer comes to mind), and another to let it consume you to the point where you're no longer in control for a period of time due to physical corruption.
>>
>>27365769
what episodes are you talking about
>>
>>27365806
Making regular posts and threads with no purpose but to annoy people is hardly better. If you want the situation improved, you shouldn't be acting in such a counterproductive way.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.