[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you breeding real horses until they start looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
Why aren't you breeding real horses until they start looking like My Little Pony characters?
>>
>Why aren't you breeding real horses until they start looking like My Little Pony characters?
Time and money. Literally.
It costs hundreds of thousands to breed multiple horses and the amount of time it would take to get the right litter of colts, and foals to get at least 2-3 will take maybe a few generations or more.
>>
>>27359565
I am a wage cuck. I only live to keep my family off debt, and if I succed my children get to live free. Until one of them fucks up and I come back from the dead to kill them myself.
>>
>>27359624
Are all animals of this size expensive to keep or is it just horses? I would expect a cow or similar animal to be less costly to maintain.
>>
>>27359565
Because breeding is a painfully slow and costly way of manipulating a species. You are limited to whatever mutation happen naturally AND you have to wait for the desirable one to reach sexual maturity before working on the next generation.

GMO solve both problems, but you always have a bunch a cavemen pulling a tantrum about it - especially on animals.
>>
>>27359690
Horses are very muscular, easily injured, and need other maintenance like nail trimming.
>>
>>27359690
What >>27360092 said but also the fact that you're introducing different sub-species to create another sub-species
>>
>>27359565

Because they would likely also be endowed with superhuman intelligence, and eventually they'd start a revolution and take over the world. Think it through, will you?
>>
>>27359565

I hate real horses. I'd sooner buy an ATV or badass Bronco or Blazer.
>>
>>27359565
Jesus Christ that's a shiny coat
>>
>>27359565
Is that the equestrian equivalent of a trap?
>>
>>27359565
I'm too busy breeding with them myself
>>
File: face 153.png (181 KB, 458x438) Image search: [Google]
face 153.png
181 KB, 458x438
>>27361060
>I hate real horses

what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>27359690
They're only expensive to keep if you stall then, it's not bad if you have a fair sized field you can pasture them in.
>>
>>27359565
Because we don't have billions of dollars and hundreds of years (at the bare fucking minimum) on our hands to waste on such a project?
>>
>>27359624
You could always speed the process up with a bit of inbreeding and a sprinkling of thalidomide
>>
>>27359690
No they are not that expensive. Hell if you look around people will practically give horses away when they can no longer afford to take care of a lot of them, so you can buy one for a couple hundred bucks, which is how I got mine. Now the problem there is that if they waited too long to do this, they'll have a slew of health issues like bad hooves and maybe even worms that you'll have to deal with. That can be expensive.

But if you can fence in a 200x200 area and have maybe a 1/4 acre of grass for them to graze, you can easily take care of one. The biggest issue is neighbors complaining. If they smell or make too much noise, people have the right to report it, but frankly you have to have some asshole neighbors to complain about a horse.

I'd say the hardest thing to get for them is hay since you have to travel for that, as local supplies can be expensive. Winter can be tough to keep them warm depending on where you live. But they are not much more difficult than a dog.
>>
>>27359565
Impossible
>>
>>27361084
It is like its hair is made from spun gold thread.
>>
File: wow.jpg.png (185 KB, 411x643) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg.png
185 KB, 411x643
>>27361060
>I hate real horses. I'd sooner buy an ATV or badass Bronco or Blazer.

Or just own a bronco, an atv and a real horse like I do ya poorfag

>>27363176

A lot of times free horses or real cheap ones are that price for a good reason. Lawn ornaments take a ton of work to make decent again. But I applaud you if you can handle it, my horse was 2 grand and I've still been working with him for 6 years teaching him new things.
>>
Is it possible to breed fully-intelligent animals by taking two animals of the same species who have shown a very mild capacity to learn and making them breed?
If this can be done, I want to be able to talk to an Elephant in 80 years.
>>
>>27359565
I would balls deep a real mare!
>>
File: tumblr_n2ti566nkY1twoufro1_1280.png (265 KB, 640x1110) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2ti566nkY1twoufro1_1280.png
265 KB, 640x1110
>>27361097
>Trap

Yes, yes it is. There's even an OC based on it.
>>
>>27359565
he rolled around in gold dust
>>
>>27359690
>MY LITTLE COW, MY LITTLE COW
>>
>>27366702
>Moo-ooo-ooo
>>
>>27361114
This guy is the only one who gets it
>>
>>27361060
I have to agree with you.
I hate real horses too.
>>
>>27359565
Because I like girls, not horses.
>>
I would a real mare if she did not have flies buzzing around her asshole and the risk of getting kicked.....
>>
>>27363176
1/4 of an acre is NOT enough land for a horse, what the fuck are you smoking? In most areas in the US you're required by law to have a minimum of an acre per horse.
>>
>>27368939
that's because you need to get to know them and be well kept
>>
File: a57.jpg (300 KB, 1077x2000) Image search: [Google]
a57.jpg
300 KB, 1077x2000
Because with the kind of money it would take you could just buy sluts and pony them up with costumes and tail buttplugs. I'd make myself a little human Fluttershy whore with fat tits and keep her in a chastity belt 24/7. I'd drag her to fancy dinners and torture her asshole with a remote control vibrator that I would constantly turn on and off to amuse myself.

>>27359897

>cavemen pulling a tantrum

God, this. They piss me off, we'll need GMO food just to feed their dumb asses by 2030. What do food companies do? Slap cutsey "no GMO" labels onto every fucking food item because it's something they can sell, it's not as if they were using GMO corn or whatever in the first place. Oh, and then on top of all this the central american aquifer is almost entirely drained at this point, they're not going to have the water to grow anything GMO or otherwise, the topsoil will dry out and blow away in the wind, a second dust bowl. Once the "bread bowl" collapses GMO yields will become necessary just to feed the poor.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.