[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's a Glimmer is an evil smug witch again musical episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
File: moe.jpg (24 KB, 673x604) Image search: [Google]
moe.jpg
24 KB, 673x604
>It's a Glimmer is an evil smug witch again musical episode

It hasn't even started and it's already shit.
>>
I'll be right there there when you post "8/10 it was ok"
>>
>>27348070
I havent even watched last season yet...
>>
File: 1462080829776.jpg (136 KB, 1024x877) Image search: [Google]
1462080829776.jpg
136 KB, 1024x877
>>27348070
>>27349907
>muh superior pony tastes
>>
>>27349907
Get on board then, it's different but still my little pony.

>>27348070
Glimmer is the best that ever happened to this show, we don't need the tree or the map, we need a new pony creating new dynamics and stories.
>>
File: 1462840696779.jpg (398 KB, 1890x1417) Image search: [Google]
1462840696779.jpg
398 KB, 1890x1417
>>27349907
You're not alone. I can't bring myself to, it just looks so terrible. I need motivation to, but if I get it, the episodes will probably turn out how I expect.
>>
>>27350386
What are you expecting?
>>
>>27350415
What I sait, it looks terrible, therefore that is ny expectation. There are a very few episode premises or promos that I see without thinking that it looks bad. Maybe I should bingewatch the series and try to get a spark back.
>>
File: 1441762172031.jpg (293 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
1441762172031.jpg
293 KB, 621x621
>Starlight Glimmer
>ever
Can we please just dump her already
She's fucking shit
>>
File: 1455077113863.png (134 KB, 236x370) Image search: [Google]
1455077113863.png
134 KB, 236x370
>>27350495
Just watch the episodes you fucking autist. Holy shit it's a kids show. Of course the episode descriptions are going to sound terrible. They all do.
>>
>>27350495
That's very nonspecific. What are you expecting to see that you'll dislike?
>>
>>27350548
Why would being a kids show mean it sounds terrible? Are you one of those retards who think kids are stupid so stupid shows are fine? And besides, there's pretty fucking noticible decline in quality over the seasons if you compare them, it wasn't always this bad.

>>27350633
Well of course it's not specific considering the reason changes from episode to episode. But a big one for this season is definitely the addition of a new character Glimmer is horrible and people just love her for being the new flavor pony. I mean the redemption was horrible, and everyone loves her for the sake of the plot? That's just poor.
>>
>>27349907
>>27350386
>literally fans of the fandom
cancerous scum, if you dont like the show then go shit somewhere else.
>>
>>27348070
she's a representation of a character in Twilight's hearths warming story, calling it
>>
>>27350758
I didn't like her redemption either, but the two story arcs featuring her so far have been handled well (the parts that were about her, anyway) so I'm not going to hang on to my grudge too tightly.
>>
>>27350778
i never got why people didnt like her redemption. theres not much more you can do to justify being an asshole after someone shows you that your choice destroys everything.

her reasons for being an asshole were pretty stupid, though.
>>
>>27350798
this, her redemption was fine. it was her motive that was dumb.
>>
>>27350798
/thread
>>
>>27350798
The reasoning for it was the problem. Apart from making Starlight look like a total idiot for not seeing the problems with her motivation- and by extension, making Twilight look less than intelligent for just saying "have faith" rather than pointing those blatant flaws out- it missed the opportunity to use a much more believable motive that'd been implied in her first appearance. I felt it didn't do her justice since she was such a great villain in her first appearance.

That's my reason for disliking it, anyway. I'm still watching the show though.
>>
>>27350764
Explain what's wrong with barely keeping up with the show. I bet you can't.
>>
>>27351149
Did you know what was going on when the Ember threads popped up?
>>
>>27351149
There's really nothing wrong with not keeping up, but it may be more difficult for you to be in the know regarding what's going on.
>>
>>27351149
It's the fact that you retards keep shoving your useless opinions in show discussion threads like you're some special snowflake.

Every single thread one of you idiots always post "HURP I HAVEN'T WATCHED THE SHOW SINCE [insert arbitrary point here}", literally adding nothing to the discussion and proudly parading the fact that you're an ignorant fan of the fandom.

Nobody gives a fuck if you no longer watch the show. Just stop acting like it's some badge of honor and parading it about to people who still like the show.
>>
>>27351297
lol this isn't a "show discussion" thread, my autistic brother.
>>
>>27351323
Initial statement was about the upcoming episode and the rest of the comments too until some faggot joined to say "I dont watch the latest things, so I don't know shit about the latest plot, but I have to add something to feel elitist for only watching the 'good' mlp"
For fucks sake, just watch it and form your own opinion afterwards.
>>
>>27351224
>>27351239
I keep myself somewhat in the know, so yes, I knew what was happening yet becer got around to watching it.

>>27351297
How is that anymore autistic than people like yourself screaming that the series needs to be watched religiously? Because any time anyone ever says "I haven't really been enjoying the show, I kinda stopped watching since [episode] because [reason]" one of you idiots comes screaming "WEEHOO WEEHOO FAN OF THE FANDUMB ALERT" without any regard for the conversation. Do you see what I'm saying?

And whether you like it or not, it typically is followed by show discussion. As if asked something genuine, people will tend to respond willingly with what they don't like, and what they would like to see improve. Granted, yes, there are those who shitpost threads for the sole purpose of saying it's all shit, but they're just as bad as their polar opposite, people who freak out when someone watches the show differently, and doesn't keep up. They don't contribute to "show duscussion" either, so don't think they do. The only people who do are the anons who genuinely want to gave a conversation.

So perhaps it'd be best if you took off your own badge, before complaining about other people's badges. If you really want a conversation, then engage with an anon.

>>27350798
For me it was more of the fact that it was nonsensical that she didn't realize what she was doing. I mean you can only go so far. Not to mention, they never really show any thing to be redeemed, just kind of "I'm nice now, just forget about what happened." That's not how it went with Discord, and I honestly think Sunset is somewhar better than Starlight because at least she shows that she regrets what happened and is trying to make up for what she did.
>>
>>27351405
>Being this mad about posts on a Korean basket-weaving forum
Wew lad
>>
>>27351464
If you don't watch the show. Don't participate in show discussion threads. I repeat, you don't have to watch the show. Fuck I don't care if you stopped watching after S1E1. Just don't bring your ignorant opinions into show discussion threads, fan of the fandom. Is that so hard to do?

Just refrain from telling people who are trying to talk about the show that you don't watch it. It's as if you need to validate your decision because you're insecure about it. Just don't post and go lurk a CYOA or some shit.
>>
>>27351149
>Explain what's wrong with barely keeping up with the show
this board literally exists for the show. if youre not interested in the core topic this board represents, you shouldnt be here.

its like going to /k/ and not liking guns.
>>
File: jokesonthem.jpg (34 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
jokesonthem.jpg
34 KB, 349x642
>>27351478
Got me, bro. I literally smashed my screen and am writing this from my iPoneā„¢ now.
>>
>>27351493
>Don't post because I don't like your opinion
May I ask, were you expecting legitmate show discussion in this thread of all places? It's literally just calling out the episode to be shit. Were you expecting some deep conversation about it? Because this is what happens, a thread woth such a title attracts people who have similar thoughts, or people who completely disagree. And honestly, the thread was flowing pretty well until you pressed the "Fan of the fandumb" button, completely derailing things because you don't like when people talk about why they don't like the show in a thread that wants a discussion based around why tomorrow's episode will be shit.

So honestly, that makes you the odd one out here who is looking to validate something, demanding that people stop posting because you don't like their posts in a thread you clearly have different expectations for what it really is. This isn't the thread at all for genuine show discussion. If you think that stuff comes from "It's shit" threads, you are lost.
>>
>>27351548
The discussion never had a chance to happen, because you couldn't resist the urge to tell people you don't watch the show. LITERALLY the third post in was a fan of the fandom saying he doesn't watch the show.

Fuck off.
>>
>>27351553
What are you so assblasted about? Do you genuinely believe that actual discussion could have sprung from an "It's shit" thread? This isn't MLP general, if it was, it'd be a different story. Expecting show discussion from one of these threads is the same as going to a thread about the comics and wanting a discussion about hoe good the toys are. It's not happening.

And the reason the thread was "ruined", was because YOU felt the need to respond. If you ignored that post, and didn't get enraged at it like you currently are, the discussion would be flowing much more naturally and civil. Either people would talk about why the show is and isn't worth watching, or it would be ignored and it would be a discussion over whether the episode will be shit or not.

But by demanding people shut their mouths, you sound like a rulefag. Tell me, what is you expectation of a "show discussion"? What do you want to come from it? Because a discussion about pros and cons of the series and what makes it worth watching sounds like a perfectly healthy type of discussion of the series itself. What is this expectation you have that cannot tolerate that type of discussion in any fashion?

>Fuck off
For someone who keeps demanding "Discussions!" you really don't seem too keen on wanting them. Honestly it sounds more like a circlejerk is your taste. Which is fine if you really prefer that.
>>
File: 1459113730211.png (493 KB, 779x627) Image search: [Google]
1459113730211.png
493 KB, 779x627
>>27351603
>Do you genuinely believe that actual discussion could have sprung from an "It's shit" thread?
not that guy, but ive seen that happen more than once.
actually it seems to be where most show discussion takes place.

if you scroll up a few posts, youll see a discussion going on about glimmers redemption.
>>
>>27348070
Glimglam has her old mane back, thus invalidating your shitter opinion
>>
>>27351686
>if you scroll up a few posts, youll see a discussion going on about glimmers redemption.
Fair enough, but at the same time, that's what I'm trying to refer to, that show discussion does come from people who say they don't watch it anymore, sparking discussion of likes and dislikes in the series, as that discussion came from a post like that. That's all I'm saying.
>>
File: 1414817853294.gif (142 KB, 550x301) Image search: [Google]
1414817853294.gif
142 KB, 550x301
>>27351737
>that show discussion does come from people who say they don't watch it anymore
thats a really shitty argument. i could start a gun discussion in /k/ by posting "why dont people think assault rifles should be banned" or some shit, but thats not a reason to justify it. the real question is how do you justify being a place for a topic you dont like? how is it adding to the community in any way by being there just to say "hey, i dont like this show. i dont even watch the show, but hear me out."

theres a vast difference in "i watched the episode, i disliked it for the following reasons," and "i didnt watch the episode because i think the show is shit now." one has a valid opinion, the other does not, as you cant properly assess something you didnt even witness.
>>
>>27351771
Well of course I agree with that, I mentioned that in an above post how there is a significant difference betweek "The show is shit because I say so" and "I dislike x y and z". That's why I was trying to mention before that I really don't enjoy the show as much because Glimmer really kills a big portion for me. I don't like her redemption, and her instantly being accepted everywhere is somewhat intolerable to me. I honestly think Shimmer, in the shorter time she's on, is handled in a better fashion. And even Discord had some turning around.

Another issue is now Starlight feels like an attempt to remake S1 Twilight (the learning student type), but I personally feel she fails at it in many ways, and of course Twilight can't go back to it either. This is the stuff that's putting me off from the series.
>>
>>27351849
i feel like you dislike her redemption because you see her as evil, rather than just wrong. she was wrong, not evil. in her own brain, she was helping herself and others. it was then proven to her that she was in fact, wrong. thats why she changed. she realized she was wrong. she apologized for being wrong, and since its a kids cartoon people forgive each other for their fuckups since the goal isnt to be realistic, its to teach life lessons.

starlight is the full circle. twilight was the student, then became the teacher. thats all this is. its character progression, and its great that starlight is failing in many ways as a student, and twilight is failing in many ways as a teacher. it means theyre both still learning, which in turn means theres still a story to be told.

as a final thought, i do hope youre at least watching the show if you want to argue about it. your posts havent really made it clear.
>>
>>27351849
How would someone who hasn't watched season 6 have any idea how Starlight as a protagonist is handled? She had maybe three spoken lines in season 5 after she was reformed, the rest was just a song about friendship that didn't give much insight as to what she'd be like from then on. All the development regarding her role as a student doesn't come in until The Crystalling.
>>
>>27351883
Glad at least someone realizes this
>>
>>27351883
Then I guess the difference is we're looking at a character two different ways. I also don't think things should have changed, for example I don't think Twilight should have been a teacher when she wasn't done as a student, but that's an age old point that doesn't need to be addressed again.

> as a final thought, i do hope youre at least watching the show if you want to argue about it. your posts havent really made it clear.
I'm extremely on and off. I'm mostly looking for a reason to stay on. My pessimism keeps me off, I know it sounds dumb and simple, but I notice I was a happier person when I was always on top of the series and I notice I've been more pessimistic everywhere recently, so I want to just find ways to not see everything as shit anymore. So I guess I'm trying to justify the series to myself to get on top of that. Forgive me for the blog.
>>
>>27351945
the final lesson any teacher has for their student is teaching them they need to stand on their own. that happened at the end of season 3.

as for a reason to keep watching, why not try an exercise? think of your most hated 3 episodes, go rewatch them, and then find things you enjoyed about them.
theres an old wise saying: if you look for a reason to hate something, you will find it.
>>
stop writing useless and shitty WoT, fucking autists
>>
>>27350798
>muh boyfriend left me, pls feel bad ;_;
>yay now I'm instantly everyone's best friend
>not total shit
>>
>>27351968
Yeah, I've had that saying in mind, so I've been trying to push around it, easier said than done for me. Not to mention the difficultly of "unhating" something. But that sounds like a possible excersize, and it beats what I had in mind of just bingewatching episodes. Thank you, I should try that later today.
>>
>>27351981
im glad you agree with me.

>>27351985
one final thought before i head to bed. you said twilight wasnt ready to be a teacher. im not sure if you meant that because she still makes mistakes or not, but just in case i wanted to point out that celestia has made at least a couple mistakes herself, and shes a thousand years old. no one ever stops making mistakes.

have fun m8.
>>
>>27352019
I didn't mean it because she makes mistakes, I meant it as it happened a bit too fast, I felt she had a little more to learn as a student first, and of course MMC being a bit crammed. But like I said, that's old news at this point, and I don't think it's worth addressing just because it's so well beyond that point.
>>
>>27351525
No ,this is a containment board.
It's not a place for mlp franchise. It's a place where all pony shit being kept.
We're not sitting here,we're trapped here.
>>
>>27352625
If you don't want to be here, you can leave whenever you want. There's a door right... uh... somewhere, I guess.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.