[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mlp/'s Snap Judgment Rating Of Season 6 Episode 7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
Here to do my thing again.

Anyway, as is stated in the graph pictured these responses were gathered over the last six hours via strawpoll, same as before.

We got 268 responses in that time, which is a much more normal response rate than last time. The average rating is 5.95, which technically makes this the lowest rated episode to date for this season, by a margin of 0.03 points. The mode is 7, which means that more respondents rated this episode as a 7 than any other specific number. As always I will add that 61.6% of the respondents rated this episode between a 6 and a 10 and that about 38.4% rated it between a 1 and a 5 which also makes this the most divisive episode for the season so far.

The standard deviation for this sample is 2.39, which again is indicative of how conflicted people are about this particular episode.

As always, for the sake of being an impartial data monkey I won’t say anything past that. I will disclose that I rated this episode at a nine to declare any bias that I might have going forward.

Discuss as you please. If you want me to try to do more data processing with this or any other poll's to date, or if you have any general questions, then feel free to bug me about it and I'll see what I can do for you. This time I'm gonna leave out the other chart without the extremes unless you guys want to, because it's really kinda pointless to be quite honest.

My job is dull, thanks for reposts and such small favors.
>>
>>27297196
This episode was at least an 8 out of 10.
>>
>>27297248
Or 7.
>>
>>27297248
It might be if it weren't for the cringe. Equestria Games also wouldn't be that bad if it weren't for the cringe. Fact is that the cringe definitely is there and this brings the episode's quality down.
>>
>rating for tumblrinas,computerfags and retarded dashfags who cannot stand a bad name
3 or less
>rating for cringe humor haters
4-6
>rating for real faggots who get the moral and the message
7-9
>rating for hasdrones:
>>
>>27297273
That depends on whether or not you like cringe or not. I absolutley adore it when it's done right, but some people can't seem to get over it.

That being said, I personally thought the cringe in this episode was excellent.
>>
>>27297248

7 is fair imo. There were a few scenes that were rather cringey - without them it could have been 8 or 9.

I think the complaints about the WB's behavior are exaggerated though. Without knowing about the flight camp incident they couldn't really know that Dash would take it so hard.
>>
>>27297248
I personally found it a 7 after watching it a second time. After the first watch I was gonna give it a 3.
Watching it while expecting the cringe made it so much better.
>>
>>27297273
To be honest, I only felt the cringe in the episode previews. In the actual episode I didn't feel like that, therefore, I am not quite sure where the cringey parts were. Care to enlighten me?
>>
>>27297285
What if I get the moral but don't think it was pulled off that well? I personally would give it a six. I don't think there was much "cringe."
>>
>>27297196
it's a neat thing you do, thanks
I know I liked it okay
>>
>>27297196
The episode was definitely around 6-7, but I doubt many of the people giving it a really shit rating had any valid criticisms about the episode other than waifu treatment. Many seem to get past the cringe of the impression post first watch and I expect this episode to be a lot higher than where it is now when we do the polling for every episode in the show once this season ends.
>>
>>27297285
Computerfags?
>>
>>27297306
The cringe was where she was trying to mimic the rest of the mane six to get her nickname changed, and when she pulled Scootabutt away and had her set up that trick for her.
>>
>>27297303
this
a rewatch despite expecting the cringe helps to make considerations a bit more fair than only judging it at 1st and with the ads in the middle
>>
>>27297323
Thanks, I didn't get cringey when she tried to impersonate the other M6. I thought it was kind of cute. But that last "trick" she pulled off, was yeah, kind of cringey, at least when I was watching it in the preview. On the actual show it was just funny and sad.
>>
>>27297321
those who cannot tolerate any bad word in their real life when they get offended because they think that they are being abused
so they use their computer as a safe place from the real and "wild" world
>>
>>27297320
I'm inclined to agree, but that's the point for the time limit and the title of everything here. This is a snap judgment opinion poll. So the idea is that people will watch it only once or twice, just enough so that they get an idea of how they feel about the episode, then go with their gut and give it the most honest rating they can.

>>27297383
You should consider getting a better term for that, computerfag doesn't exactly roll of the tongue, and it just makes me think of a bunch of guys from /g/ giving the episode a bad rating because reasons.
>>
>>27297285
the dashfag is strong in this one
>>
Oh, yea, here's a link if anyone wants to give it a re-watch or if you want to try to refrence something specific with time stamps.
>>
>>27297475
I'm good at 4chan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=kHx3ZMQjYDw
>>
>>27297407
I'm not saying anything is wrong with the poll, I'm just giving my two cents on why I think we got the result that we did.

>and give it the most honest rating they can
That might be going a little to far. It's not difficult for someone to see RD being laughed at and immediately turn off the episode and give it a 1. I wouldn't call that the the most honest rating they can when they gave another episode a 6 simply because it didn't ruffle their waifu feathers
>>
File: anger.jpg (27 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
anger.jpg
27 KB, 800x800
>>27297489
>giving link that skips first 5 seconds
>>
>>27297196
Yea, the obvious damage control is really painful.

And a "9" OP?
>>
>>27297512
Sorry, though to be fair the first four seconds are black screen.
>>
>>27297537
I like cringe, sue me
>>
>>27297196
how much does removing 0s and 10s change the graph?
since it's been posted on the previous threads
>>
>>27297475
>>27297489

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x495n4v_mlp-season-6-ep-7-newbie-dash_animals
>>
>>27297586
Ffffine....

Kidding, it doesn't bother me that much to make it, it just takes a little time.

It actually does clean up the curve a bit, due to the apparent over-representation of one in the baseline data. The split goes over to 63.7% and 36.3% and everything else should be quite clear or explicitly labeled.
>>
>>27297733
>it just takes a little time
do you use a table for the data and let excel do all the work or do you use formulas?
>>
Mixed feelings about this episode. I still like it more than the Trixie ep, but it was just, meh.
It's cool that Dash is a wonderbolt now and the ending was sweet, but seeing Dash being dumb again with all the cringe impressions and so on wasn't something for me. The core of the episode felt off for me. There was nothing really wrong with it, I just didn't have fun.
>>
>>27297870
Uhh, I have to use a table to get a real SD and Mode though the mode is obvious as fuck I like to do it right but past that everything is formula driven. It's only the more abstract derivative stuff and actually formatting the charts that takes time.

That, and if I want to add something new, but that's the fun part!

>turn on formulas in excel after jury-rigging it to automatically populate the tables from the base data
>looks way more fucking complicated than it has any right to

I'll probably make the whole thing public when everything is said and done
>>
File: formulas.png (203 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
formulas.png
203 KB, 1920x1080
>>27297977
Your's looks a lot more complicated then what I use for the episode ranking surveys.
What's all that "crawling in my skin" stuff for?
>>
>>27298244
That's just the expansion of the raw data. It's really fucking lazy and stupid, but it works and that's all that really matters.

Say there's fifty two people who voted six. The sixth column for each set of data will check how many people voted six and make that number of sixes, and the same thing for every other number, so that I can just use the SD function without having to think about it and do real work.

It's a bad habit of mine, I always end up relying way to much on nested if's whenever I do anything involved in Excel because I hate using lookup functions. Your's probably just looks nicer because of a combination of that and because I try not to refrence other sheets if I can help it.
>>
>>27298320
That makes sense. As long as the formulas work for you no one's really going to care how you get there, so I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
File: 1462669345253-1523998090.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
1462669345253-1523998090.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
quick and dirty chart
>>
>>27298469
I prefer everything I that people will actually look at to be polished though. It takes a bit more work, but it's a labor of narcissism.
>>
>>27298529
I can understand that but sometimes it's interesting to see the framework underneath it all
>>
Basically: Do you like Cringe Humor? The rankings.
>>
>>27297320

Yeah kind of like Look Before you Sleep, people hated it in the early days of the fandom but I think it's fairly well regarded now.

Or the Show Stoppers.
>>
>>27299081
A lot of people don't watch the show purely for humor. I thought it was an interesting lesson to teach, that is, the Wonderbolts weren't portrayed as bad ponies for taking shots at RD, but RD needed to learn to let go of shit that isn't worth getting worked up over. They didn't have trouble trying to fit the lesson into the story and all the characters were portrayed well. Now Rainbow Dash is closer to a group that doesn't shy away from throwing punches and can challenge her as a flyer.

Of course, several threads are up that articulate that much better. But I doubt you're actually interested in valid reasoning.
>>
>>27299136
don't people still hate that one
>>
>>27297383
So, people with human emotions, which are threatening to crybullies because the fact that they might affect another human being is offensive.
>>
>>27301028
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Cyber Bullying Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha
>>
>>27301262
>can't deal with the emotions of others
>assumes the Real Problem is everyone else on the planet having them
>expects everyone else to keep them out of sight
You've been watching the wrong show.
>>
just watched episode 7 and it's not awful (aside from rainbow dash's impressions) it's on par with this season so far (meh)
I give this episode a 5/10, which is one of my highest ratings this season (save episode 3 which got 8/10 but it was a pinkie heavy episode so there is some bias)
>>
File: Julius.png (69 KB, 746x717) Image search: [Google]
Julius.png
69 KB, 746x717
>>27301284
>>
>>27297196
Neat. My rating for the episode was a 5 or 6, as I don't really care for RD or the WB that much. The episode had some great moments, the m6 impressions were pretty good.
>>
>>27301295
It's all good, mang, it's an opinion poll so bias is expected and understood. The point is that we get as many people from the board giving their honest rating of the episode within the allotted time frame.
>>
I didn't find a single likeable thing in this episode and Wonderbolts are my least favorite characters in the show by far.
>>
>>27297196
I think I would change my rating from a initial 6 to a 7 too. To be honest I was a little distracted too while watching this episode so the cringe part stood out more from the rest of what I recalled of this episode.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.