[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When idiots treat probably the most realistic episode so far
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 45
File: rainbowCrash.png (292 KB, 2000x1300) Image search: [Google]
rainbowCrash.png
292 KB, 2000x1300
Exaggeration on a purpose of getting a complex idea to a viewer over the span of 20 minutes is not a bad thing, or even an example of poor writing. It is perfectly normal.

The episode had a great moral and an actually useful lesson about life you all faggots failed to understand, as you don't have a fucking life. That wasn't your average "you've got to not to be a dick" moral which is inherently understood by any sentient being and only presented as a "lesson" to form a good stable environment for a kid to grow in.
What RD was doing in the episode is pretty much the same mistakes vast majority of people make when they are trying to fit into a collective that's foreign to what they are used too.

Also, the most "cringeworthy" part was so based that I can't even.
>>
>>27292758
Thank you. And to the fuckers crying about Dash not being in character, please explain how this wasn't the same shit we've seen from her in every one of her episodes.
>obsessed with appearance
>stressed out causing her flying to suffer
>trying to show off further fucking her over
>not thinking straight because of taking things too seriously
>>
>>27292758
>>27292819
this makes sense
>>
>>27292758
I don't watch mlp for realism.
>>
>>27292758
Well, the moral was not why I disliked the episode.
You apparently have a taste different from mine but I do not enjoy cringe humor, in fact I can't stand it.
>>
File: 3514.png (378 KB, 438x500) Image search: [Google]
3514.png
378 KB, 438x500
>>27293006
Well, fuck yourself then.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 350x194) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 350x194
>>27292758
THANK YOU ANON, everybody here is being so fucking autistic and misusing the word cringeworthy like it's 'autistic'.

honestly it was a great episode.
>>
>>27292819
The problem isn't that Dash was out of character, the problem is that Dash is a shitty character.
>>
>>27293042
Back to 9gag.
>>
File: 1461842286247.png (354 KB, 1528x1111) Image search: [Google]
1461842286247.png
354 KB, 1528x1111
>>27292758

You deserve a promotion anon
>>
>>27293058

yes, you should go back
>>
>>27293057
Sure. But people have cried that Dash never acted like this before and/or it was completely out of character which is laughable. If they compiled how Dash has acted in every episode in the show and built a script out of it, it would be this episode. It was just Dash with no risks taken.
>>
>>27292758
I have yet to see an actual critique of the episode from someone giving the episode a four or lower that wasn't "cringe". It's all just coming off as

A). Waifu treatment
or
B). I'm socially awkward and the Wonderbolts made me feel uncomfortable
>>
>>27292758
>Wonderbolts yay, best place ever
>What? But wonderbolts are cool no matter how they treat you
>The nickname was evidently at the beginning for mocking reasons
>I feel the need to act like an idiot to catch their attention
>After her worst performance wonderbolts are like: It was just a prank bro, chill
>No one bothers to explain the nickname tradition until the end although she's obviously feeling bad for "rainbow crash" thing

My grammar is shit just as the episode
>>
File: freehugs.jpg (105 KB, 595x842) Image search: [Google]
freehugs.jpg
105 KB, 595x842
>>27292758

OP for once isnt a fag.

But aparently /mlp/ is full of basmentdwelling shutins who never were in any frat, or sportsteam, or the military even, so they cant handle any banter.
>>
>>27293057
Well, fuck you and your shit opinion.
>>
>>27293177
>Wonderbolts act in a realistic way
>RD acts in a realistic way for someone incapable of handing certain social situations like a lot of the fanbase
>RD responds in a way that is in character for her
>After she gives up and just admits how shit on she feels, she learns (as well as the child audience) that sports groups and the like just act like that normally

The only issue here is you being a manchild.
>>
>>27293218
This.
>>
>>27293006
Anon, the thing is, for this particular episode writers had to make a choice between going either comedic cringe or full cringe. Simply because the situation itself is very cringe-inducing. That's exactly where "oh god, I was so retarded back then in new school/university/club/army/job/etc" somes from - it indeed was genuinely stupid not only to the current you with all your current experience, but to pretty much any bystander were they to bother to observe your behavior.
I'm not a fan of cringe humor either, but I would take it ten times out of ten over regular cringe. At least, now that I know the whole story, it becomes just a funny silly thing.
>>
File: 1436022783387.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1436022783387.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
>>27292758
ITT
Dashfag damage control
>>
File: 1462389551109.jpg (74 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1462389551109.jpg
74 KB, 620x670
>>27292758
>>27292952
>>27292819
>>27293042
>>27293081
totally not a samefag, guys
>>
File: 1393446515765.jpg (76 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1393446515765.jpg
76 KB, 894x894
This is the same fucking shit we had with Wonderbolts Acadamy, a ton of Manbabys screaming "BUT Y IS MUH WAIFU SPITFIRE SO MEAN? SHE NICE BOOO HOO" Because they cant handle any harsh handling in reality and are pissed their fictional retreat is daring to speak about these matters, or have their characters act more mature about it then they would.

>>27293231

This nigga gets it
>>
>>27293166
The comedy was not funny.
>>
File: 1450710748155.gif (545 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1450710748155.gif
545 KB, 500x275
>>27293350
Great retort
>>
File: dsgsdafhgfd.png (39 KB, 397x172) Image search: [Google]
dsgsdafhgfd.png
39 KB, 397x172
>>27293350

you could always try not being retarded
>>
File: 1452142586961.gif (2 MB, 514x205) Image search: [Google]
1452142586961.gif
2 MB, 514x205
>>27292758
This episode was bad for being predictable cringe worthy trite. And before you go all.

>Lelel you just had no life XDDDDD

I worked at a firestation for a few years as a volunteer, and hazing is an age old tradition for firefighters. They did some much more serious bantz than what Dash experienced such as pulling pranks in the middle of the night, making us run laps in 100+ degree weather for forgetting some random fire trivia, or making us do stupid shit, but in the end I still think the Wonderbolts continued to act like bigger cunts in this episode. Mostly because they seemed to not give a flying fuck about Dash in the slightest and also the impression/Shitfire made me cringe hard. The Wonderbolts were cold and distant to Dash the entire episode until the end where they basically gave her a slap on the wrist again and said 'lol no you're still the best flier here we can't kick you out'. Even though she fucked up big time, ruined the entire show, revealed to the public how inept they really are.

You could see every single story beat in this episode coming from a mile away. Writing was sub par as well. I think most of the people who rate this episode higher than 6/10 are just trying to be contrarian against the ass blasted Dashfags. I don't care about Dash but the Wonderbolts are insufferable assholes and I groan every time I see them.

4/10 for me
>>
File: Pepe.jpg (59 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Pepe.jpg
59 KB, 600x338
>>27293621
Basically this. Thank you my man.
>>
>>27293621
This

People who think wonderbolts are being realistic just because they're acting like idiots are dashfags in denial
>>
>>27293621
DUMB FROG POSTER
U
M
B

F
R
O
G

P
O
S
T
E
R
>>
>>27293621
>The Wonderbolts were cold and distant to Dash the entire episode until the end
Right after training they were acting kind of chill to her. The one asked if she was okay and then Spitfire was glad she was still there.
>>
>>27293621
>not give a flying fuck in the slightest
What more did you want them to do? RD wasn't sitting in a corner cutting herself the entire time.
>>
>>27292758
i am gonna make it easy and short for you: They could have done the same without any of the cringe. Make her crash without it being because of a dumb mistake on her part, and then make the conflict of the episode that she tries to do everything right, and succeeds, but keep the nickname, until eventually she confronts them and they explain the reason for the nickname.

There, no cringe, same moral, comedy possibilities for 20 minutes.
>>
>>27293621
Anon, you are being very stupid right now, especially if you indeed worked on that fire station.
People (or horses in our context) don't like to spoonfeed other people, especially when it concerns stuff like established order and traditions. You are supposed to get over it yourself. And to get them to actually spoonfeed you, you have to do something more than just "behave weird", because newbies always behave weird - no one in the team is supposed to worry about their psychological condition.
In this particular case that "something more" was Dash speaking her mind out and showing she's been off the tune for like 180 degrees. Naturally it'll get others into thinking "hey that's not right and is a complete bullshit" hence triggering the spoonfeeding.
Even more realistic scenario would go with Wonderbolts telling Dash nothing, laughing at the situation and simply cutting her some slack later - still leaving her to figure the whole story herself. Writers didn't go with that, because it would take more than 20 minutes to show explicitly, and if you show it implicitly - a lot of children will miss it.
>>
>>27293780
Anon, you won't go succeeding. It doesn't work that way. And even if you come to a new team and succeed at everything, then there's no problem to begin with.
Like no, stupid nickname wasn't the point of the episode - you've missed the point.
>>
>>27293780
>maker her crash without it being because of a dumb mistake on her part
RD is commonly shown thinking too much of her appearance and suffering as a result. Why is it not acceptable in this situation
>does everything right and succeeds
A common issue Rainbow Dash runs into is getting too stressed out and not thinking straight. She overcompensates when she feels her image is challenged. It would also make little sense for them to be laughing if she was doing everything right, the conflict wouldn't hold up because they are not simply throwing punches at her for no reason. They are laughing at her mistakes.

Lastly, it's a realistic situation for someone to get completely stressed out in a foreign environment and for their abilities to suffer as a result. It wouldn't be as meaningful if she was doing fine.

Dash was in character during the episode and her character allowed the moral of the episode to remain realistic without it feeling forced at the end. It made sense and I don't see why any of it was an issue. RD is a pony that overreacts and was put into a group that like taking jabs at each other. It's a perfect scenario to give a lesson on being able to distinguish malice and banter.
>>
>>27293828
In real world Spitfire would punish everyone in the team and they they would beat up Dash.
>>
>>27292758
Very few people here have any real world experience so I don't know what else you were expecting
>>
>>27293621
>Hurr they should've court marshaled RD, the tribunal two-parter would've been awesome.

You stupid fuck, she was a newbie that ate shit and then acted like an autist about it when they were supposed to be preparing for the upcoming show.
You think they would be all buddy buddy with her when there was shit to do and she was busy acting like she was?
>>
>>27293828
Honestly 'handle the bantz' isn't a deep message. I don't know why people in this thread and OP treat it like one.

Also the whole Rainbow Falls fiasco destroyed any goodwill the Wonderbolts could possible have by making them out to be total inept assholes. Perhaps that makes me a bit biased, but I still stand by that even if the cringe humor was removed the episode would've been boring and predictable.
>>
>>27293913
Yeah, that's how things are done in the army. Not necessary an actual beating, but restoring people's normal treatment would take several weeks at least, with the first one being pure shit all around.
>>
>>27293828
Read >>27293913
>>
>>27293913
>>27293986
This.
>>
>>27292758
>obligatory buttblasted dashfag thread
>>
>>27292819
If she was obsessed with her appearance why was she impersonating her friends?
>>
>>27293977
Anon, it is not just "handle the bants". It's an important message about entering a new collective. It isn't deep for ones who already have this experience. And as it goes so far, almost no one here does, which is really sad actually.
>>
>>27293977
>Also the whole Rainbow Falls fiasco destroyed any goodwill the Wonderbolts could possible have by making them out to be total inept assholes.
They were representing Cloudsdale, not the bolts.
Sorry they weren't nice to your waifu.
>>
>>27293218
Fuck you, shitfucker.
>>
>>27293621
>wonderbolts are insufferable
Finally an anon with a brain.

Every time the bolts are on screen they fail at their job, act like assholes, or do something else to show that they don't deserve the admiration and respect everyone gives them.

The only good thing about Dash joining them is that it sets her up to leave or get kicked out later on.
>>
>>27292758
>episode treated like a terrible one
Cause it is.
>>
>>27294090
They still wore the uniform at certain points in the episode, and even if they didn't it still reflects on their organization especially since Shitfire is the goddamn captain. Even if they were randos they'd still be scolded by their Superiors for acting like cunts.

This is fucking basic shit, take firefighter anon for example. If he wore a shirt that had his station number on it and acted like a cunt it'd reflect poorly on his department. Even if he didn't, if he was a recognizable face like the Captain it would still reflect poorly. And hey, I thought you fags were all about 'muh realism' in this latest episode so why does Rainbow Falls get a pass?

And they didn't even treat Dash like shit that episode, if anything they were sucking her dick, they just shat on their own teammate and left him in the dust, tried to cheat and sabotage another team, and generally acted like manipulative assholes who only cared about winning. Rules or common decency be damned.
>>
File: 1455950471517.gif (246 KB, 180x280) Image search: [Google]
1455950471517.gif
246 KB, 180x280
>peer pressure and hazing is totally okay because "muh fitting in"
Yeah, no. The entire first first 20 minutes of the episode are literally a prolonged demonstration of how absolutely insane this idea is, and the last 2 are a completely unrealistic representation of what it's like to come to terms with this sort of dynamic.

The /only/ reason it was shown to end like that is because that's how every single person is supposed to take it, how the dynamic is supposed to play out. It does not, ever, play out that way. Anyone who has gotten away from those sorts of abusive cycles, or at the very least can do a basic introspection, will tell you that it has a profoundly negative effect on the psyche.

We're conditioned to be okay with it, but anyone who honestly assesses this kind of situation can easily tell you that it is not sustainable or preferable to not doing it.
It's extremely disappointing that the show can't even take on this basic view of emotional integrity anymore.
>>
>>27294387
>but muh psyche
>but muh rights
>but I feel bad
>gotta write down some meaningless water

Anon, I've been through two kindergartens, three schools, two universities, three marital arts clubs, three sports clubs, four cities, two countries and one army.
What was that about "anyone who honestly assesses this kind of situation" again?
>>
>>27292819
Piling more shit onto a heap of shit doesn't make it not shit.
>>
>>27294387
>>27294532
The funny thing about being hazed/abused as a part of a member of a group is that you internalize it and justify it. Hell, everyone on the Wonderbolts did.
>>
>>27294387
Who the hell let tumblr in?
>>
>>27294532
If you are conditioned to believe a certain behavior is okay, you aren't going to see how that behavior is not okay until you leave that situation or do some heavy reflection.
I don't see how you just having experience in groups that push their members in this direction necessarily means you've honestly assessed them from an unbiased perspective. It seems like it would do the opposite, and give you an extremely biased understanding of such behavior.

>>27294656
Been here for years, bb.
>>
>>27294641
There was no hazing or abuse in this episode.

THEY GAVE HER A NICKNAME. That was literally it.
>>
>>27294684
>What is making her clean the entire compound

Textbook hazing. The fact that they do it to everyone does NOT make it better.
>>
>>27294684
And Tank was literally just hibernating.
>>
>>27294701
The Wonderbolts are shown to be a quasi-military organization. That sort of thing is the norm. Cleaning up a building does not equal abuse.

Now, if they had put that cloud in front of her to sabotage her performance on purpose, THAT would have been actual hazing. As it is though, all of the bad things that happened to her were her own fault. She was explicitly told to look both ways before crossing the runway. It was a literal fucking rule she broke. Thus punishment.

Hazing happens for no reason. RD brought most of the shit down on herself through her own actions.
>>
>>27294733
Still, they showed that hazing was pretty much engrained into their organization. That's pretty shitty.
>>
>>27294733
>norm = not abuse
>hazing happens for no reason
>victim blaming
This mindset is literally the direct result of abusive experience. We, as a society, need to get out of this shit immediately.
>>
File: disappoint.gif (1 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
disappoint.gif
1 MB, 280x210
>>27294753
Yes, they showed that a semi-military organization had strict disciplinary procedures and punishments for poor performance and rule-breaking. The unmitigated gall!

PROTIP: Please never try to join the armed forces. You wouldn't last a week.
>>
>>27294802
There's a difference between showing a realistic setting and justifying it, anon.
>>
>>27294782
New-Age Social Gospel bullshit.
Rauschenbusch please go.
>>
>>27294673
>I don't see how
That's the thing, darling, you have no experience in the sphere.
I am not in the kindergarten, school, university and army anymore - I can perfectly judge the situation in a retrospect.

I know how it is done, when it is done and why it is done.

I had my direct superior who had decades of experience rising proper soldiers go up to me and tell me : "go and make the noobs do this and that extra work".

You may think whatever you want about your rights and privileges, but the fact is - it's a natural thing, it works, it ain't going anywhere unless landwhales take over the world.
>>
>>27294262
They didn't do any of that shit.
They asked her to practice, she said yes, they asked her join, she said no comment.
All they tried to do was put together the best Cloudsdale team, and Rainbow is faster than Soarin.
She wasn't bribed, threatened, or manipulated.
She was asked, politely.

If there was a rules factor it would've been brought up.
Maybe you've been reading too many fanfics, but it wasn't nearly as bad as you're saying.
>>
>>27294072
Because appearance isn't literal and it refers to what others think of her
>>27294540
I'm not arguing that Dash has good character, only that she was in character
>>
>>27294387
Muh "I grew up this way" fags tend to forget that collage kids have been dying the last few years at this "hazing" events that end up going too far.
>>
>>27294802
I never had planned on joining them and when I joined an organization that practiced some form of hazing I made it clear I would never comply.

>>27294814
This.
>>
File: 1461010062855.gif (983 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1461010062855.gif
983 KB, 500x364
>>27292758
Good thread OP. Finally a decent moral and people hate it. notsurprised
>>
>>27294864
>"I had an authority figure order me to hurt other people"
This does a good job of showing how much it's affected you, but does nothing to really support your argument.

Also, it isn't a natural thing. As someone who has actually studied this stuff, I can tell you that it has no basis in "nature". It is a form of social domination, and we have no reason to believe it has a basis in our nature beyond our ability to carry it out. Defaulting to "muh human nature" is the last resort of people who support the status quo, it's been used against every single progressive position to ever exist. It's lazy and disingenuous.
>>
>>27293501
>Inspect element
>>
>>27294938
>I would never comply
>>27294938
See, there are few differences between you and Rainbow Dash:
1) She is a fictional flying horse with a life and a dream;
2) You are an IRL faggot with no purpose;
3) Her dream included joining a military structure;
4) Your life has no purpose, so you are fine with whatever;
5) She had no option of "never complying to hazing";
6) You can literally be removed from the society with no changes what so ever.
>>27295028
>to hurt
Holy fucking shit anon, you even consider work as actual damage. What the fuck, how miserable can you possible be?
>>
File: all me.png (81 KB, 655x436) Image search: [Google]
all me.png
81 KB, 655x436
>>27295044 (You)

All me.
>>
Continuing from >>27295100

And while you might think sad nature mistakes like you are common, they are actually not - not everyone get raised by their mom in greenhouse conditions - far from it. And very few people are always given that option of "non complying" in real life. And even when they are - very few will actually pick that option.
>>
>>27295100
>"waaaaaa! I can't intellectually justify my positions so I need to take up the torch of personal attacks to convince other people that I'm right!"
Yeah, if they just loved it why the fuck would a superior tell you to do it? They wouldn't, you're just desperate to find any ground here because you have a personal stake in not thinking of yourself as an asshole.

>>27295119
>this is a thing that happens therefore it's okay
Again, this is not an argument. I hate bringing in fallacies like they're some kind of argumentative trump card, but your entire mindset here is literally just the Just World fallacy.
>>
>>27295219
Darling, you are laughable.
>>
>>27295269
Being patronizing to a stranger doesn't give you any credibility.
>>
>>27294802
The hilarious thing was that some anons were bitching about how Rainbow got off scott free when she tried to stop winter.

You can't please everyone anon. Don't even try.
>>
>>27292758
Answer is easy, OP. Many people went through the same bullshit as RD in this episode and obviously they feel triggered by reliving those situations
>>
>>27295286
It might not, but that does not affect you, and you are laughable.
It's like listening to a sixteen years old kid elaborating on how to run the country.
>>
>>27295337
Take that out, and what does episode have left?
>>
>>27295362
>take the episode out, and what does episode have left?
gee, I wonder.
>>
File: I Spit Fire.png (413 KB, 3000x3594) Image search: [Google]
I Spit Fire.png
413 KB, 3000x3594
>>27295381
>People don't like cringe the episode because they had cringe in their life, not because it's just literally cringe the episode.
>>
>>27295356
Again, baseless derision doesn't make you right.
>>
>>27295445
>associating everything with cringe
For normal people, a lot of it was not cringe. You might as well just call it being triggered. Because you sound like the people that get offended over white people existing.
>>
>>27295569
What was it for other people?
>>
>be an adult fan of the show
>give a damn about the episode moral
Why?
>>
>>27295589
An episode about knowing the difference between malice and banter and not being a fucking idiot when people mess around with you. What made it good was that they did not need to fuck with the established RD or WB characters to make it believable since they both fit perfectly into a lesson like this.

The episode wasn't special and the mane 6 impressions were grating, but people are throwing tantrums about a perfectly acceptable episode. The dialogue was fine, the characters acted fine and both the plot and execution were fine although the pacing wasn't great.
>>
>>27295669
Considering how many "adult fans" seem to have missed the moral completely and are crying about the "mean" WBs. I'd say you need to reevaluate who you're posting with.
>>
>>27295669
Because I care what we are teaching children through tv because I don't want to end up as a crippled old pensioner in a world full of maladjusted asshats.
>>
>>27292758
>>27292819
Your "arguments" are horribly bad and senseless. Are you shills done? You know the FIM fandom originally started to prove wrong that the creator driven-era is ending.

What are you retarded losers doing defending a talentless executive hack from Hasbro Studios?
>>
>>27295669
Because it had an actually good moral that works for adult people.
>>
>>27295744
>implying this will influence your life in any way
It's too late for that.
>>
>>27295730
>disagreeing with the moral
>missed the moral
Choose one.
>>
>>27295744
You won't get more of a punching bag than you already are.
>>
>>27295733
>I care
>teach through TV
And then we get this retard.
>>
>>27295774
>thinking media doesn't have an effect on children
I mean, really? That's where we've gotten to?
>>
>>27295757
That's actually not far from being true, but it doesn't change the fact that it does work.
>>27295772
And this one isn't true actually.
>>
File: 1455751205103.jpg (149 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1455751205103.jpg
149 KB, 800x800
>>27294387
>>27294641
>>27294926

These kind of coddled Pussys are why I (Thank god sucessfully) voted for keeping mandatory military service for every male above 18 in my Nation.

You fags need to get out of your fucking safespaces.

>H-hazing gives you PTSD I swear. Wheres my tendies, MOOOM
>>
>>27295669 here
My point was that, that we, as a fans, should rate the episode in a slitghly different aspects than TV critics or parents. We watch it for cute ponies in a cool universe, interacting with each other and for its humour. We thus we should rate these things only.
>>
>>27295740
>FIM fandom originally started to prove
FiM fandom started to watch the show, that's the only thing it was originally started for.
>>27295786
No, my little retard, I am pretty explicitly pointing on the fact that you are caring, yet you are fine with "teaching children through TV".
I bet you also think that there's totalitarianism in Russia, NATO is there to save the world and Ted Cruz is a Zodiac Killer.
>>
>>27295818
Anything but a voluntary army is just going to give you a lot of unfit soldiers.
>>
>>27295767
>my opinion is the same as everyone else

That's cute.
>>
File: 1421218653693.png (13 KB, 360x315) Image search: [Google]
1421218653693.png
13 KB, 360x315
>>27295818
>voting to have your government enslave you
top cuck
>>
>>27295820
Anon, I loved the episode, I loved Dash trying to impersonate mane6 and I loved the moral I can personally relate to. As did I loved the fact they actually gave away a great moral that isn't something everyone understands and can actually "teach" something to people.

>>27295848
Please elaborate more about things you have no idea about.
>>
>>27295886
What percentage of the US population could actually physically be a solider? With the obesity rate we have now?
>>
>>27295907

Well maybe 6-12 months of daily PE could help with that.
>>
>>27295926
As opposed to getting a physically fit and completely ready to fight person? Seems like a waste.
>>
>>27295818
>I (Thank god sucessfully) voted for keeping mandatory military service for every male above 18 in my Nation.
>not male and female
They want equal rights? They get it with this.
>>
>>27295907
Still quite a lot.

You'll be surprised, but US still has program which will make every fit (and yes, obesity won't work here anymore) man into a soldier were an actual war to happen. The difference would be that in case of US they'll have a useless crowd that won't even work as cannon fodder and has to be trained under extreme conditions, while countries with mandatory military service will have their regular contract army plus "a lot of unfit soldiers" that know how to take orders and can easy learn how to fight.

Also, mandatory military service lowers average obesity rates among young men by 43%, decreases amount of university drop-outs by 27% and reduces amount of feminism on given country's territory by 92%.
>>
File: 1419009400240.jpg (92 KB, 618x600) Image search: [Google]
1419009400240.jpg
92 KB, 618x600
>>27295939

A Fatso will cost your nation more in the long run then getting him in shape, even if a bunch will fall back into obesity.
http://stateofobesity.org/healthcare-costs-obesity/

>>27295940

Wasnt on the ballot sadly, they tried to get generally rid of the mandatory service.
Would instantly vote for equal treatment there.

Also not my locker
>>
>>27296003
>you faggots are allowed to own notebooks.
Fuck you, sincerely.
>>
>>27295818
Well I think we should go in the opposite direction and follow the example Heinlein presented in his book Starship Troopers and make military service voluntary but also only allow those who have served in the military to vote and hold office.
>>
File: ohboi.jpg (56 KB, 365x346) Image search: [Google]
ohboi.jpg
56 KB, 365x346
>>27292758
>dashfags pain

O-o-o-h, i can feel it. Again, after TFM. Sweet.
>>
>>27294387
Found thus.
http://www.f-16.net/callsigns.html
>The Three Rules of Callsigns

>If you don't already have one, you will be assigned one by your "buddies".
>You probably won't like it.
>If you complain and moan too much about 1. and 2., you'll get a new nickname you'll like even less!

>So, how do you get a callsign?

>Do something stupid or have it fit with your last name. Obvious examples, 'Crash' or LT 'Cheese' Kraft. Sometimes it's based on a physical appearance thing like 'Carrot'. After you've earned the respect of your buddies, you'll get a more 'heroic' callsign.
>>
File: germanbolts.jpg (264 KB, 1000x564) Image search: [Google]
germanbolts.jpg
264 KB, 1000x564
>>27296122

>implying Tanks for the memorys wasnt awesome

Like, fuck you, I love that song
>>
>>27296143
This is why they lost the war(s).
>>
File: 1459105125268.jpg (79 KB, 390x390) Image search: [Google]
1459105125268.jpg
79 KB, 390x390
>>27293231
>RD responds in a way that is in character for her

By fucking all up? Mkay.
>>
>>27296156
Are you trying to say RD doesn't fuck up in her starring episodes? That her ego never led to her downfall?
>>
File: Burgerbolts.jpg (62 KB, 634x417) Image search: [Google]
Burgerbolts.jpg
62 KB, 634x417
>>27296151
>>
File: MZx99QK.png (574 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
MZx99QK.png
574 KB, 640x1136
>>27295818
>being this fash on /mlpol/
>telling other people to get out of their safespaces

>>27295825
Russia is as totalitarian as any other state, NATO is shit neocolonialism, Ted Cruz is nobody. What are you, some kind of Nazi? Is it da jooz?

>>27295867
I am pretty cute, thxbb

>>27296133
see
>>27294814
>>
File: 290679689_401272441.jpg (18 KB, 248x226) Image search: [Google]
290679689_401272441.jpg
18 KB, 248x226
>>27293621
This nigga
>>
>>27292819
Imitating her friends isn't part of her character.
>>
File: cominginsidethesandbox.jpg (92 KB, 643x482) Image search: [Google]
cominginsidethesandbox.jpg
92 KB, 643x482
>Theres fags in here who think Banter is bad and abuse

I hate this generation so much.
>>
File: keklocation.jpg (8 KB, 325x130) Image search: [Google]
keklocation.jpg
8 KB, 325x130
>>27296143
But its not.
>>
>>27296240
We hate you too, but only one of us is going to live to teach our children what's what.
>>
>>27296240
We are not all Americans, familienmitglied.
>>
>>27296133
Y'know I wonder if FOBEquestria is going to do another Military Bronies React for this episode like they did for Wonderbolt Academy?
>>
File: 1456050884684.png (538 KB, 932x834) Image search: [Google]
1456050884684.png
538 KB, 932x834
>>27296166
Well, if everyone's agreed what DA fuck up things all times, then there is no any problem.
>>
File: aryan pepe.jpg (45 KB, 457x640) Image search: [Google]
aryan pepe.jpg
45 KB, 457x640
>>27296181

stop pretending to have valueable opinions you cockburglar
>>
>>27296283
>implies American banter is anywhere near the worst

Those pussies have it easy.
>>
>>27292758
I honestly didn't like the episode because it felt really underwhelming/forgetable compared to other "achievement acquisition" episodes like Crusaders of the Lost Mark and even MMC. This is basically What about Discord - Rainbow Dash edition.
>>
>>27292758
This episode is still bad though, even if the moral was good.
>>
>>27296322
>caring enough to frogpost
>not caring enough to make an argument
Why are you even here?
>>
File: 1457235726249.png (1 MB, 533x1226) Image search: [Google]
1457235726249.png
1 MB, 533x1226
>What RD was doing in the episode is pretty much the same mistakes vast majority of people make when they are trying to fit into a collective that's foreign to what they are used too.
No, you are fucking stupid.
Not everyone is as big as a narcissistic cocksucker like Dash is. Maybe you are, OP, but a lot of people aren't.
When you are hired to do a job as a part of a team, what do you do? You follow the rules, and you do as you're fucking told. You don't showoff, you don't try to "stand out", you do your goddamn fucking job. You fucking shit up or doing things incorrectly will lead to you being terminated VERY quickly. Before you start doing ANYTHING in a manner different from what your job description/boss tells you, you better have some fucking experience in the field or else you're going to fuck things up.

The "lolololol can't handle the bantz? ::^^))))))" moral that you're stating was the highlight of the episode was not worth sacrificing the "Shit doesn't work out the way we want it to" moral that would be an actual good lesson, in the context of the events that took place in the episode.
If they wanted the moral you're describing to be taken seriously, then they should have focused the ENTIRE episode on dialogue between the Bolts and Dash, and leave the part about her fucking shit up out. As it stands now, the Bolts were using "Rainbow Crash" as a means to berate and belittle her, not as a funny nickname. I don't know if you fucking retards have been spending too much time on this site or what, but banter =/= bullying. There is a fucking difference. People using banter don't hold one mistake above a person's head for the entire time they're around her, going as far to only refer to her as "Crash", and even custom-designing the emblem on her jacket to RD fucking crashing into a fucking sign. That is the behavior of someone who is trying to fucking -harass- someone, not stirring up banter.
Jesus Christ, guys.
>>
>>27296481
See >>27296133

The problem is that Dash believes that she automatically deserves respect and doesn't realize that respect is something to be earned.
>>
>>27296538
Bullshit, that's you projecting.
>>
>>27296481
This nigga actually gets it. This wasn't just silly banter, this this is something I'd expect from straight up hazing or bullying.

>>27296538
>Respect
What the hell are you on about? They (supposedly) respect her plenty. They flat out acknowledged that she's a top tier flier and helped save the world on multiple occasions.
There's also their past experiences with her in WA, the Gala, Sonic Rainboom and Rainbow Falls
>>
>>27296481
The USAF does this all the time, usually as a reminder to not fuck up as royally as you did to earn that nickname in the first place. Dash should have been looking both ways before crossing the runway, but didn't even after Spitfire had already told her once.
>>
>>27292965
This^
I watch MLP for ponies doing cute things in a world more perfect than ours. I don't think the sort of thing this episode tackled belongs in the show, but at least it should have been handled in a different manner
And I also think episodes like this more and more destroy that magic Equestria has about it
>>
>>27296601
>it happening in real life justifies it
You can say this as many times as you want across the whole board, it doesn't make it true.
>>
>>27296613
But that ended after Twilight Kingdom.
>>
>>27296613
This.
The show imploded its own morals in S3, we live in the aftermath.
>>
>>27296635
Pinkie Pride was S4.
>>
>>27296566
You can also lose respect by doing something stupid or foolish like Nixon after Watergate or Clinton after Monica Lewinsky or Retired General David Patreus after Paula Broadwell.
>>
>>27296601
>usually as a reminder to not fuck up as royally as you did to earn that nickname in the first place
All she did that earned her the nickname was she didn't fucking look both ways before crossing the runway and she crashed into a trashcan. There was no "royal fuck up", no one was hurt, except maybe Dash. The "royal fuck up" was her ruining the fucking show because she can't contain her hubris, but she already was branded as a fuckup. Labelling her did absolutely nothing to snap her out of her retardation.

What she needed was a kick in the ass from Spitfire at the end, where the tells her to shape the fuck up or she's off the team. Pretty sure this would have been a wakeup call to anyone with an ego that fucking huge.
>>
>>27296688
>What she needed was a kick in the ass from Spitfire at the end
what is on probation for a month and clean up duty?
>>
>>27296645
But MMC was S3
>>
File: weichei.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
weichei.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
Oh no dashie, you fucked up royaly. We should give you a hot tea, and let you skip training to instead have a bath, and maybe even give you a medal.

We wouldnt want anyones feelings hurt after all.
>>
>>27296688
That's not how the military works. If you potentially endanger the lives of your fellow pilots/soldiers you still get reprimanded even if there ended up being no fatalities or injuries because sooner rather than later your luck will run out and your recklessness will get you or your buddies killed.

Case in point:
https://youtu.be/YMRhPl2b-aU?t=16m05s
>>
>>27296811
If she had been given a hot tea and a bath instead of a nickname, literally every problem she faced in the rest of the episode wouldn't have happened.

Also, there's a reason sports teams that can afford it splurge on things like jacuzzis and massage sessions.
It's not just for decadence, being comfortable within a group has a major impact on performance you fucking numnuts.
>>
>>27296763
A kick to her morale, not just a normal punishment.
>>
>>27296838
Then I was right, labelling her did absolutely fucking nothing.
>>
>this fucking thread

I glad that i'm a NEET and that I don't need to deal with this shit
>>
File: blueangels2013.jpg (173 KB, 725x472) Image search: [Google]
blueangels2013.jpg
173 KB, 725x472
>>27296872
Except the Wonderbolts are a part of the military and more akin to the Blue Angels. Do you think THEY get the same luxuries as sports teams do?
>>
File: Fucking filename.gif (76 KB, 700x355) Image search: [Google]
Fucking filename.gif
76 KB, 700x355
The wonderbolts are still way to soft IMO

But I can accept that, its a childrens cartoon after all
>>
File: 1328896768746.png (228 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1328896768746.png
228 KB, 720x720
>>27296921
Your pissjug containment is a few boards over, you trap porn watching faggot.
>>
>>27296935
You're saying this like it actually matters, but I don't understand why you could possibly think this.
They /should/ get those luxuries, that's the point.
>>
>>27296481
>hired to do a job
Are you part of the navy? A sports group? Stop trying to associate shit that doesn't belong in the WB context. Try looking up what people get their callsigns for and compare that to your shitty post
>>
>>27296566
>I'd expect from straight up hazing or bullying
And are you in a Wonderbolts esque group? Pretty sure the OP stated "all faggots failed to understand, as you don't have a fucking life.". You're trying to understand an experience you never had
>>
>>27296872

No, she would have learned that fucking up means you get no punishment at all, but free time and tea, so she would not make it a habit to not fuck up and be more carefull, and listen to her superiors.

And yes, Sportsteams do that, AFTER the training.
If you fuck up while doing training your Trainer will still call you a fuckhead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-ukDT4X-7k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPkUrudPosA

https://youtu.be/svBsbbAObnU?t=60

Thats okay though. Soldiers, Athlethes... they are all adults who can handle getting criticised, and beeing told they fucked up
>>
>>27296997
Not him and while normally I'd argue "one need not be Caesar to understand Caesar" it would be impossible to understand if they don't bother to do the fucking research in the first place as that guy obviously hadn't.
>>
>>27297034
Until they kill themselves, of course.
>>
File: laughing Frenchman.jpg (91 KB, 558x800) Image search: [Google]
laughing Frenchman.jpg
91 KB, 558x800
>>27296838
>that drill sergeant
>>
I don't like that RD seems terrible on a team. I would fire her for not being a team player.
>>
File: KNIFEHANDS.jpg (61 KB, 700x355) Image search: [Google]
KNIFEHANDS.jpg
61 KB, 700x355
>people think a mean nickname is abuse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJoeGvn6MAY
>>
https://youtu.be/71Lft6EQh-Y
>>
>>27297164
>people think it's mean to punch someone when people get murdered
lol, fucking normies right?
>>
>>27297164
>>27297236
Bu-but, my experience at my white collar job is a perfectly valid comparison to working in the military.
>>
File: photo.jpg (94 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
94 KB, 900x900
>>27296838
"I'm gunna call your moma, and tell her she should've swallowed!"
>>
>>27297272

Can you, possible, imagine that hazing existing in the Militaries of every functional nation in the world, for a good reason?

Or do you just assume you are so much smarter then everyone ever in all militaries ever, and they just never got to ask you for your sage advice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlX-cwKCEv8
>>
>>27297278
>if you haven't written a tv show, how can you criticize this writer?!?!?!
Except with more arrogance and testosterone.
>>
>>27296987
I did look up callsigns, all of them were given to people who have commited friendly fire, wasted a fuckton of the military's resources for nothing, are first-grade-tier insults, or the guy is just an all-around asshole who nobody likes. The Wonderbolts were only "first grade-tier insults" as callsigns. I know it's a way to "harden" the soldiers so they're more prepared for combat, but there is fucking nothing on this planet that can prepare you for the atrocities of war. So please excuse me if the namecalling seems a bit fucking petty.

On top of this, why are the Wonderbolts compared to the Navy? Because of the Blue Angels?
I'm pretty sure the Wonderbolts are just for show and don't have any militaristic purpose.
>b-but that one episode where Spike rampaged through Ponyville
What about Tirek? Discord? That fucking Cerberus? If they were anything other than for show then I don't think Dash would like them too much, considering how terrible she is at handling a responsibility.
>>
>>27297340
>comparing criticism to people making a direct comparison to their job and working at the military and considering them the same

Look, if you have shit reading comprehension, that's your problem. But you completely misinterpreted what I wrote. I don't give a shit about people criticizing the portrayal, but if they say "I never experienced this at my job" they are clearly fucking retarded. That's a completely separate environment.
>>
>>27297335
The state needs violence to function, obviously. You don't disagree. The difference between us being you believe the state actually /deserves/ to function.
>>
File: idiot sandwich.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
idiot sandwich.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>27297377

>Anarchist

Cute, I wish I could be 17 again too. Why not move to Somalia. or Liberia? No functioning state at all.
>>
>>27297335
"It's good because everyone does it"

By that logic McDingus is the best restaurant in the world.

If you had a clear comparative study about efficiency with/without hazing, now that would be a start
>>
>>27297376
>>comparing criticism to people making a direct comparison to their job and working at the military and considering them the same
Uh, who even said this? The comment I replied to was replying to two videos that had nothing to do with this idea.
>>
>people think what's wrong with this ep is the bantz
>not dash acting like a sperg and wasting half the screen time on pointless gags
>not dash being instantly forgiven after fucking up royally because her status
>>
>>27297370
Well there's the fact that they wear military uniforms and conduct military style training exercises and it was explicitly stated in Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3 that the Wonderbolts are part of the EUP Guard.
>>
>>27297370
>Wasting military resources for nothing
>friendly fire
>not terminated but given a nickname

You cried about her fucking up when people in the military fuck up and get stupid nicknames all the same. And if you think the shit Rainbow Dash got thrown at her is comparable to actual bullying by people that aren't in elementary school than you have issues. Bullying someone at that level is putting them in a sack, beating them, and threatening to throw them in a river until they cry.

They are comparable to the navy because they are clearly drawing distinctions to them you fucking idiot. I don't care about proper representation in lore, they are clearly not a fucking book club.

Look back at your post >>27296481
and try to imagine what significance real callsigns and how people are really treated in the navy might negate the points you brought up
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (110 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110 KB, 1920x1080
>>27297399

Have you been to a public school full of Teenagers?
Have you seen how hard for teachers it is to get every single one to do their homework, learn, and behave well?
Now, Imagine if not doing your homework and not having learned and shitty behavior meant someone could die because of that, also you gave everyone a rifle.

or, if you want a long answer, here
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-logic-behind-making-military-boot-camps-so-intensive

Feel free to show me a single Army that doesnt do hazing that is in any way effective though.
>>
>>27297396
>being this ignorant about contemporary politics
>being this confident in your knowledge about contemporary politics
>>
>>27297405
The videos are how people are treated in the military, people like comparing how coworkers act in their jobs to the Wonderbolts who are clearly not based on the white collar jobs people can only use as reference.

Just because you tried to take something out of my comment doesn't mean you can criticize it as if it's actually there. All I was doing is ripping into people who think mentioning how they treat their coworkers means anything in this context. If you didn't know that, that's your fault.
>>
>>27297464

Okay, which region of earthwhere the state dysfunctional but is great to live in have I forget?
>>
Hazing isn't acceptable outside of the military. It works there because you're breaking people so they will work as a unit and not get people killed. In other organizations it's just bullying.
They should have used another pony and another organization to teach a message about hazing. This is part of the reason I knock off a few points for the episode.

Maybe if Pinkie went to a baking competition and the opponents sabotaged her cake/made fun of her designs it would have worked better. Again: probably better to show the majority of cases, where hazing is just done to bully for little reason versus building a team necessary for actual life and death survival.
>>
>>27297477
Oh sorry, I was just assuming your post was relevant to the discussion.
>>
>>27297518
>two videos that weren't in reply to anyone
>discussion

Don't be a fucking baby. Those were means of starting a discussion not one in of itself. Just because you flew off the handle misreading my post doesn't mean you need to pout.
>>
>>27297509
>Wonderbolts
>work as a unit
>can easily die and hurt others

What My Little Pony organization can they use without making death or serious injury that is, blatant injury like using weapons to get the point across and why would the mane 6 be part of them?
>>
>>27297571
That's not my point. They used the one organization in My Little Pony where it's fine to be as serious because of the stakes, and thus the one where hazing is kind of okay with what they are trying to do.

If they wanted to teach a hazing lesson, they should have made a more relatable situation, like AJ playing on a hoofball team or something. There's too much circumstance here, and you come out with a message that hazing works when it only works when life and death are on the line.
>>
>>27297504
"Disfunctional state" and "stateless are two different things.
The most prominent examples of stable stateless societies that exist todag include the EZLN in Chiapas and the Kurds in Rojava.
Others that were brought down by outside forces include the CNT-FAI of the Spanish Civil War, the Free Territory of Ukraine, and Kim Jwa Jin's movement in Korea.
Besides calcified territories of control, there exist hundreds of libertarian resistance groups around the world that continously demonstrate viable alternatives to a state-based market economy in their everyday life.
>>
>>27297585
But like you said, a hoofball team or baking competition would not work for the statement they were making about hazing. It would create a different statement. Your concern isn't that that they should have used a different organization to teach a message about hazing, it's just that they should have taught a different message about hazing.

They came out with a lesson not to take the bantz seriously and that being part of a team means sacrificing self-interest to keep the squad working fluidly. They were careful with the situation to insure that they did not make the Wonderbolts come off as being purely malicious.
>>
>>27293780
>Without it being a dumb mistake on her part
Then the episode would lose it's effect, since the entire point of it is learning to control her ego and admitting that she's not perfect.
>>
>>27297645
I guess, yeah. Personal opinions kind of gave the wrong message for me with this episode. It's happened before. Guess it's just another unpopular opinion I have.
>>
>>27292758
OP for president.
>>
>>27297509
But anon, life itself is a life and death affair. We live in a world where every object you see can kill you if used improperly.

In a world as dangerous as ours, hazing is a great way to ensure people survive by striving to be better. This because if you're insulted enough, you'll eventually get so frustrated at the insults being thrown at you that you'll be determined to prove them wrong.
>>
>>27296450
>frogposters
>making actual arguments
>>
>>27297441
>Bullying someone at that level is putting them in a sack, beating them, and threatening to throw them in a river until they cry.
No, that is assault and battery. That is not bullying, that is a very serious crime.
Are you seriously implying that it isn't bullying until someone has to beat the shit out of someone from an inch of their life? Are you this fucking dense?

>they are clearly not a fucking book club.
And they clearly aren't an established military force. Do you know who is, though? The Royal fucking Guard.
They only draw comparisons to the Blue Angels, the more I think on it, not the Navy itself.
>Do some fucking sick aerial maneuvers
>host shows for entertainment
>SHARE THE SAME FUCKING COLOR SCHEME
They're the pony equivalent of the Blue Angels.
Other than that one Spike episode they have not done anything that would solidify them as a branch of military in Equestria, they the aerial equivalent of Trixie: only for show.
If anything, they are most related to a sports team.
If they were more solidified as a branch of military, then I'd be more inclined to be on-board with you on this callsign stuff, otherwise everything that you're saying sounds like an asspull.

Going onward from here:
>Look back at your post
I was comparing the words "bullying" and "banter" and how they fit within the context of the episode. The Wonderbolts were way too fucking callous and belittling for it to be believable banter, and there were never anything but that until the very end of the episode. I've already stated my fucking points on this.
>>
File: ISIS destroyer.jpg (80 KB, 745x625) Image search: [Google]
ISIS destroyer.jpg
80 KB, 745x625
>>27297599

>Others that were brought down by outside forces include the CNT-FAI of the Spanish Civil War, the Free Territory of Ukraine, and Kim Jwa Jin's movement in Korea.

Its almost as if theres no organized military your neighbors who have them will take over withouth real resistance
>>
>>27298009
There was/is an organized military in all of those examples (except Jin's, I believe). The CNT and Ukrainians were crushed by the Soviets.
The issue of formulating a military strong enough to protect revolutionary interests is a valid one, and one that anarchists have been addressing for over a century. Currently, the libertarian municipalism of the Kurds is working out pretty well in terms of regional conflict.
>>
>>27297940
>Are you seriously implying that it isn't bullying until someone has to beat the shit out of someone from an inch of their life? Are you this fucking dense?

I'm implying that in the military, name calling isn't what is considered bullying any more. Are you this fucking dense?

>And they clearly aren't an established military force.
Do I really have to repeat myself? I don't care about proper representation in lore? They clearly draw distinctions to the Navy in this episode and in prior ones see>>27297431

If you think the Wonderbolts reacting to Rainbow Dash doing stupid shit of her own accord, being annoying, and trying to put on a personality around them and into their routines is bullying, you have issues. They clearly weren't being malicious. She was acting like a retard and they aren't delicate flowers that make sure they are being as kind as possible to each other, they are expected to be able to handle name calling.

You note the end of the episode, but that was only when the message throughout the episode was made blatant, you should have picked up on that long before the end of the episode.

It's similar to Brotherhooves Social, a lot of retards thought the "Feels" at the end came out of nowhere, and thought the crossdressing was purely an attempt at humor. Very rarely is the ending of an episode any thing more than a recap. It was obvious throughout the episode and you're a retard if you think the ending was anything more than a summary.
>>
>>27298113

Not that guy, btu you do realize the Kurds have Bootcamp with drillinstructors, leaders and superiors too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE2AMu2OBvI

Im pretty fucking sure they indeed to get screamed at there too, and learn to obey their superiors by what a part of /mlp/ would call "abuse"
>>
>>27298151
>>27297940
To reiterate my point about the Wonderbolts since you seem to be a little dense on what is being said. I don't think the Wonderbolts are a serious military force, like I said, I don't give a shit about the lore. I said that the writers clearly draw upon the navy in how they portray the Wonderbolts, many of the concepts used in the shows hold true in how the navy is handled.
>>
>>27298164
The difference being that those superiors are democratically elected, do not endorse or allow hazing, and can be replaced at any time by those they command. This is a trademark anarchist military structure, and is fundamentally different from the deeply entrenched authoritarian structure of Western, statist militaries.

I see no evidence that they engage in abusive behaviors towards those they command, especially not in that video.
>>
File: 1460307688251.jpg (56 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1460307688251.jpg
56 KB, 500x375
>>27298151
Well then I agree to disagree with you on the Wonderbolts being part of the military. No point in arguing that further.

>If you think the Wonderbolts reacting to Rainbow Dash doing stupid shit of her own accord, being annoying, and trying to put on a personality around them and into their routines is bullying, you have issues.
I need to clarify this, because we really aren't on the same page.
Neither the Bolts or Rainbow Dash were in the right. They were both assholes, and here's why I think this:

I've already stated that I think the Bolts are being too callous in this episode towards RD, especially at the beginning of the episode where she crashes into the trash can. They just stood there laughing at her for like 30 seconds. The only one who even gave a shit to check if she was alright was Soarin', but even he joined in on the laughter. None of them even -tried- to help her get out of the fucking trash can, and because I believe they aren't part of the military, this was totally uncalled for, especially for someone trying to learn the ropes.

Everything past that, though, Rainbow Dash deserves the berating, but that just seems more like a plot device than anything. The Bolt's behavior didn't change in the slightest, it's just that it turned out that they were justified in making fun of her. That does not put them in the right.
In addition, why the the Bolts so fucking passive-aggressive? How about just sitting RD down and telling her that the show-boating isn't fucking okay, and could get ponies hurt? Tell her to learn how shit works around here first before you start acting like a retard. This was the basis for the first part of my original post >>27296481. The workforce is just like any other team, and requires the cooperation of multiple people to get shit done.

We shouldn't need another god damn episode revolving around RD's social retardation and desire to be in the limelight. We have had so fucking many of those, yet she STILL hasn't learned.
>>
>>27298359
And as the episode stated, that isn't shit that's worth getting worked up over. Some groups simply interact that way. Maybe you have a different standard for bullying but I did not see that as bullying. Different people, groups and areas treat others differently. I understood what group the Wonderbolts were representing and I felt they were depicted accurately. I'd fully expect a group like the Wonderbolts to act the way they did and I wouldn't see it as bullying. They have thicker skin. If they had walked up to someone on the street and started doing that shit, I'd understand. They clearly treat people outside of the Wonderbolts differently. However, as a group, I can see them treating each other like that and because of my experience, I see little wrong with it.

Maybe you don't see that, but a lot of other people do and I'd have trouble believing you if you said you were completely oblivious to people acting like this with each other in the real world. It's just not your environment.
>>
>>27298359
Anon, I understand what do you mean, but that has a much simpler explanation.
Wonderbolts aren't a bunch of pussies. No, seriously, I don't know where are you from, but here it takes much more than one trip into a trash can to get a collective like that actually worried and to "check if she alright". She ain't screaming nor bleeding - she's okay.
There's even no need to take the army as an example here - basically any man-only collective that does a lot of physical labor will behave like that. You can be on construction works, trip over some shit and get your ass covered in dirt and bruises and if you didn't get any immediately visible trauma and your life wasn't in danger - no one will bother to check if you are alright, you're supposed to be able to handle this little stress. The best you'll get is your teammates laughing their asses off, if you managed to fall into some crap.
And don't think the fact you don't understand or do not approve of this behavior makes it wrong - it does not. And don't worry about not understanding it - most people don't until they experience that themselves.
Wonderbolts have shown great respect for RD by explaining shit to her - you normally don't get even that.
>>
>>27298955
No, that makes sense. I understand.

I just wish that the episode took the time for RD to talk with the Wonderbolts more.
I found it unfortunate that the Bolts were using the same nickname as the bullies did back in flight camp. I think if RD brought this point up the episode would have gone over a lot better and wouldn't have such a divide as it does now, and the Bolts wouldn't have come off as dicks to a lot of people, including myself.
>>
>>27299106
new guy chiming in here

I agree, if they had known about the bullying that she had with Crash as a filly, they would have either changed it (unlikely) or have explained the nicknames thing much sooner
she did supposedly know "everything" about the Wonderbolts, so this would include the nicknames and how they work
>>
File: pede pra sair.jpg (31 KB, 600x245) Image search: [Google]
pede pra sair.jpg
31 KB, 600x245
>>27292758
I like you, OP.
>>
>>27292758
Now you know how I felt defending What About Discord as a decent episode despite the majority of the board auto-panning it.

>It uses a realistic situation as a learning experience for Twilight that she won't always be around to do everything with her friends
>Twilight was in-character as neurotic and anxious about Discord fucking with her, something she has experienced before
>Discord was in-character fucking with Twilight for his own amusement while also trying to teach her a lesson
>Spike was in-character as the voice of reason to Twilight while still dutifully following her like the loyal little faggot he is
The biggest reasonable issue I could see was the rest of the main 6 were awkward about and suspiciously quick to be friends with Discord.

Same thing here: the characters were perfectly in line with how they were portrayed before and a realistic lesson was learned.

But holy shit, that cringy part was more painful to watch than Spike singing.
>>
>>27299675
>all those opinions
I fucking love you holy shit that's exactly what pissed me off when people called the episode out of character
>>
>>27292758
>you can't criticize it because it's REALISTIC
Yes, bullies are real. We know.

Yes, bullies expect people to shut up and pretend they're doing nothing. We know that too.

No, bullies aren't able to make their actions magically disappear just by thinking to themselves that they're doing nothing.

No, having sympathy for another person when they're treated like garbage is not an evil mental illness. It is, in fact, perfectly normal and realistic human behavior.

No, "you've got to not be a dick" is evidently not obvious, given the number of people trying to excuse it without actually offering any excuses.
>>
>>27294387
>Russian military hazing involves viciously beating the boots on a daily basis, occasionally even raping them
>But a fucking nickname will have a profound negative effect on the psyche
I agree that the episode was shit, but holy fuck, suck it up you pussy.
You were the kind of kid who went to the teachers in elementary when another kid made fun of you, weren't you?
>>
>>27293621

It was no more predictable, cringy, or trite than MLP is in general. For example, Starlight bashing her former self in the last episode and the premiere is way more cringe than anything in this episode.

> writing was sub par

funny how no one ever gives examples when they say this
>>
>>27294387
It wasn't even about hazing it was about not being stupid over a trivial problem.
>>
>>27301171
>funny how no one ever gives examples when they say this
People have given plenty of examples, but other people who can't deal with reality keep calling them "nothing" and lashing out at the people who say them.
>>
>>27292758
Maybe the lesson was good

Too bad that didn't stop me from constantly pausing and biting my knuckles when Dash lacked absolutely all sense of self awareness and began constantly embarrassing herself like a neckbeard who goes to the local Walmart in a fursuit to be "quirky"
>>
>>27292758
"realistic" doesn't mean that it's a good episode
By your logic showing rainbow dash on the toilet taking a massive dump for twenty minutes would be the best episode of the series because it's realistic and it happens to everybody.

I watch this show for pathetic self-serving escapism purposes and this episode did not do that at all.
Even if you judged the show from the perspective of its target demographic it wouldn't resonate with them at all either, almost none of them had had experiences similar to this. Thus this episode appealed to neither the mentally regressed manchildren nor the target demographic.
>>
>>27301230
>not wanting to watch RD take a shit
Get a load of this fag.
>>
File: motivate.jpg (42 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
motivate.jpg
42 KB, 500x375
>>27301230
>>
File: Take On Me Laughing Horses.gif (301 KB, 500x319) Image search: [Google]
Take On Me Laughing Horses.gif
301 KB, 500x319
>People actually experienced legitimate cringe watching this episode.

I wonder how they will react when watching something like It's Always Sunny.
>>
So the Wonderbolts fucked with Rainbow Dash because no one should get special treatment, but in the end they forgave her reckless and dangerous stunt because she is just too important to lose?
>>
>>27301598
Anon, what Wonderbolts did wasn't "fucking with". It was absolutely normal everyday behavior.
>>
>>27301865
>normal everyday behavior.
As it is on literally any competitive team and close male friendship. If you aren't at a level in a relationship where you can take and give banter comfortably, you aren't at a deep enough level.
>>
>>27301089
>Russian military hazing involves viciously beating the boots on a daily basis, occasionally even raping them
Wow, anon, you shouldn't believe anything they write on the internet. It involved an occasional beating, but nothing so severe. And it was like that in 80-90s.
>>
>>27301917
You also have to not be a total fucking autist and/or dick and realize when you're going to far/hurting people that aren't going along with the banter. Because then it just becomes bullying.
>>
>>27301931
And you also have to not be a self-centered cunt long enough to realize that they aren't solely targeting you, which is what part of the moral was about.

You can't expect everyone to pussyfoot around each other when new people join an established group. Directly asking about someone's past as to not offend them when you JUST met them is also unbecoming and can downright be rude. Could you imagine how slow a team would develop if every time they got a new member, they would just politely say "hi new person! nice to meet ya! How's the weather? Oh ok cool well see ya!" for the first few weeks? Hell, if anything, that should make you feel like shit for the team not wanting to intigrate you in their culture.
>>
>>27301931
That's why when RD explicitly spoke her mind, Wonderbolts immediately explained the situation due to their utmost respect to her.

See how great the episode was?
>>
>>27296838
God, fuck blackgryphon

Does anyone even like him?
>>
>>27301974
Yes, but then they justified it. Hey, maybe if they never gave her this name to begin with, none of it would have happened! It's almost like it makes already nervous recruits even worse or something...
>>
>>27301992
She wasn't nervous at the slightest. She acted just like plenty of people do when they leave their developmental group. They're a big fish in a small pond and haven't realized there are others just as good or better. Think about it. Dash spent more time thinking about which sunglasses to wear than how to make a good impression. It's called arrogance, and arrogant teammates need to get knocked down a peg so shit like sending a storm cloud close to an audience or mates doesn't happen.

Holy shit anon I know we're on /mlp/ but have you seriously never been a part of ANY team?
>>
>>27302010
I helped to found a chapter of a frat and know that its charter will get pulled by my national org if we as a whole allow this kind of behavior. So yeah.

And all of that was made irrelevant because they basically said at the end that she could do literally anything and she wouldn't get kicked out, she genuinely is that good.
>>
>>27302022
First and irrelevant to argument:
>In a frat
>Afraid that you could get in trouble for a nickname
Cuck.

Second and more relevant:
Getting knocked down a peg =/= wanting to kick a troublemaker off the team. It was her first major offense and was specifically told to stop showboating. It's almost as if you're trying to imply that I'm implying arrogance is grounds for immediate expulsion.
>>
>>27301967
>And you also have to not be a self-centered cunt long enough to realize that they aren't solely targeting you, which is what part of the moral was about.
It was none of what the moral was about. It is, however, a popular lie among bullies, because they tend to be offended if their victims have anything resembling self-worth, which makes it a convenient way to claim more false superiority than anyone "arrogant" enough to say that bullies are bullies.
>>
>>27302882
Anon, that wasn't bullying.
>>
>>27303320
that's the problem with with most of /mlp/
they have only ever experienced bullying and think that hazing, bullying and nicknames are all the same thing

the only real issue here is that Dash had the same nickname as a filly from a bully, obviously she didn't like it and did her damnedest to get rid of the name

no one on the Wonderbolts knew this and if Dash had said this, they would have either explained the nicknames sooner or gave her a different name
instead, we got Dash trying her damnedest to get rid of the name, by coming up with her own and trying to force them to use it, hence all the shenanigans that happened in the ep

it is interesting that the impressions that Dash did of her friends shows us what she thinks their most stand out qualities are

Pinkie's energetic and always excited
Applejack's accent and "country-isms"
Twilight's nerdyness and rules lawyering (I am a little annoyed that she didn't do the hair for this one)
Fluttershy's quiet and shy voice
Rarity's fashion sense and flirting
>>
>>27292758
>>27292819
>>27292952
I think the same thing, pretty much. (Staying on topic, not reading the 200 comments after :3)
Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.