[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw that Gliimerbitch did not know who Spitfire of the Wonderbolt's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 15
File: index.jpg (13 KB, 244x207) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
13 KB, 244x207
>mfw that Gliimerbitch did not know who Spitfire of the Wonderbolt's is.
>>
>>27251757
Who the hell is this Spitfire?
It sounds like she is a bitch
>>
>>27251757
What the fuck is a "wonderbolt"? Sounds like gay, useless flying trash
>>
>>27251757
Literally who?
>>
>>27251757
what is a wonderbolt
>>
>>27251757
>Spitfire
I'm sure you meant Supa hot fire but I'll let this transgression pass
>>
>>27251757
memes aside it was pretty bullshit
we had Testing Testing 1 2 3 show us how deep the history of Wonderbolts is and how the origins are after Luna's moon vacation
they're not the meme of the last 10 years, fuck's sake
>>
>>27252168
It's an Equestrian make of personal massager.
>>
>>27252195
So Starlight Glimmer living in a closed off village for god knows how long, means she had to know what a wonderbolt was? She didn't even know Twilight was a princess when they first met, so it's really not bullshit.
>>
>>27252222
Also, even RD, their biggest fangirl ever, had to study all this history, so it's not exactly common knowledge.

good quad
>>
>>27252222
It is bullshit because she didn't fucking grow up in the village, she lived her childhood in a normal town and I doubt she learned the cutiemark stealing spell when she was 12 so probably even throughout her teens she lived in normal society
Wonderbolts are a big thing, they're the top athletes and top flying squad doing shows all over Equestria, plus they're kinda also the military and guard of the princesses
She didn't need to know the history, but she must've heard about them
>>
>>27252276
Take a look at the townsfolk in the flashbacks. Seems to have been a unicorn town that wasn't that big. If it was in a faroff area and small, then it would make sense she never heard of them with no pegasi in the town to aspire to join them.
>>
>>27251757
Rainbow dash stop posting and go back to fake tv land
>>
>>27252276
From who? Who's to assume that she didn't just lock herself away after that drama with sunburst? Plus the wonderbolts are famous mostly among pegasi. A unicorn or an earth pony wouldn't really bring them up in conversation I could logically assume. Also she didn't have friends or apparently parents. who would have told her about them?
>>
>>27252295
>>27252321
>Wonderbolts are famous mostly amongst pegasi

says who?
Wonderbolts existed for a thousand years. I can't really think of a real life comparison to some unique organization with a thousand years tradition. I bet she at least went to school and they had some basic history. I simply do not believe that throughout her entire childhood she never even heard a mention about who the Wonderbolts are. I wonder how much she freaked when she learned that Luna was a thing that existed.
>>
>>27252276
Personal experience: I only knew who the Blue Angels were as a kid, because there was a Navy air base nearby, and they would perform there every year.

It wasn't until much, much later that I learned that the Tracy family weren't the only Thunderbirds.
>>
>>27252353
They weren't around for a thousand years.
>>
>>27252372
But after Luna's banishment, the Protective Pony Platoons were formed. On the anniversary of the first Celestial year of peace, a celebration was held. Headed by General Firefly, an elite team of aerial performers were chosen to help celebrate this auspicious occasion. The first performance was so full of energy, so highly charged, that magical lightning showered down on the crowd. Everypony was so filled with amazement and wonder that General Firefly dubbed them "the Wonderbolts"!
>>
>>27252385
Okay "after Luna's banishment" could be forty years after to five seconds after. There's no specification. But nice lesson purple urkel
>>
>>27252407
>anniversary if the first year of peace
literally year after, but nice reading comprehension buddy

also, Canterlot is a heavily unicorn biased city yet they perform there, Twilight as a social recluse knows them too, they're not popular only/mostly among pegasi.
>>
>>27252416
To be fair Canterlot is pretty much the Capital.

For all we know Starlight an Sunburst's hometown is some real out of the way place. I think some map towns are pretty far away from any major looking cities.
>>
Wonder bolts could just be a new name for them. Also she could have learned about them when she was a child said 'meh' and forgot about them when she grew up. Its not like people who dont care about them talk about them every single day of every single year like Rainbow.
e.g.
What's that rock band that everyone liked in the 60's?
>>
>>27252416
Don't resort to insults. My point still stands. You can make all the excuses you want. The point is it's possible Starlight didn't know what a wonderbolt is
>>
>>27252462
CCR
>>
>>27252476
At the risk of being called a newfag..

What is CCR?
I'm asking before i google this shit.
>>
>>27252462
Fucking read
>>27252385
They've been the Wonderbolts for a thousand years

>>27252472
Your point was that they weren't around for a thousand years and then failed to read past the first three words. I'll gladly call you dumb.
Assuming she went through basic education, studied herself a lot and had some basic social interaction throughout her childhood, I don't buy that she never heard of Wonderbolts. Maybe if she was some hick like the guys in Hooffields and McColts, but not someone studied as Starlight.

>>27252489
IT AIN'T ME
>>
>>27252489
Googled.
Ah i remember them.. I heard about them when i was around 10 and never looked them up again..

Glimmer just needed Google which ponies clear don't have.. They need the internet to stay relevant.

>>27252507
>Fucking read.
Ok i read your comment now what just because a military team has been around for a thousand years doesnt mean they are discussed those very same thousand of years about everyone. Its not like they was the The SS.. And the only reason I know of them is because the Internet's love of nazi's..

So back the fuck up. I just wanted to say that. I never get to say that
>>
>>27252574
Except that they were the Wonderbolts for a thousand years, served formally as the elite guard (and still do even today, see Spike at your Excess), and have been performing throughout the thousand years as the best aerial squad in Equestria. It's not like they were SS, because they're virtually bigger than SS. Death count and the atrocities aside, of course.
Glimmer's a smart pony. I believe she picked up at least one history book throughout her studies, if nothing else.
>>
>>27252673
Then without goggling whats the elite of say the marines.

Yeah she might have heard of them but what im saying is who is to remember these guys even them being the elite of the elite. What is that lower part though? The Royal guards? Assuming it is you are reminded those guys exists because they are plastered every where needing protected.

My full point is no one is going to remember something so brief and trivial in a book assuming she heard of them at a younger age. Then be expected to remember them at the drop a dime years later.
>>
>>27252673
>A unicorn caring about pegasi
Kill yourself brony faggot
>>
>>27252762
I'm not American (though I doubt you are from your style of writing), and last I've heard the Blue Angels weren't around for a thousand years.
Your full point is wrong because the Wonderbolts aren't something brief and trivial. It's a military organization that's been active in Equestria for a thousand years without a change and played a part in one of the most important historical events of Equestria.
>>
>>27252804
You still have to take into account that I'm talking about the life of the pony, not concerning themselves with the military, and is going off to become there own thing, all while at a young age.

Remember Glimmer didn't keep up with anything Equestria for all that time. It would be brief and trivial for her seeing how she did go her own way.

Even still, anything that began for more than a couple life times ago is something that would be easy to miss or forget, if you are not keeping up on the matter like Rainbow (although she is a bit of an extreme comparison).

(I have a style of writing?)
That caught me off guard.
>>
>>27252968
But she's no ordinary pony. She dedicated her post-Sunburst foalhood to studying. Only the cutiemark stealing spell took her several years of learning to master. She didn't run off to mindfuck a village when she was ten. She went through basic education and she's smart enough not to forget a major point in Equestrian history that manifests itself even today. She may have spent the last couple years building her community, but there has been plenty of reading, studying and some social interaction (I still take the Wonderbolts as common knowledge) before that. She isn't just a dumb horse. Okay, she's socially retarded but the intellect is there.

yeah you type like a kid/retard/foreigner that's what I was hinting at
>>
File: 1432458874577.gif (252 KB, 734x744) Image search: [Google]
1432458874577.gif
252 KB, 734x744
>>27253073
>the spoiler..
Damn, I dont even want to debate you.. wait... remembers where we are..
>Pic

>she's smart enough not to forget a major point in Equestrian history that manifests itself even today.
That maybe true but would you remember the guys that did it? Obviously she doesn't share the blind patriotism to Equestria, which would explain a lot. But that studying wasnt towards the military it was likely towards the magic and psychology aspect of education.

>(I still take the Wonderbolts as common knowledge)
Is common knowledge ever really discussed? Most thing that are assumed common knowledge is never common knowledge, so dont assume like Rainbow did. I'm done talking about the history of technicolored ponies. When its obvious she either forgot or never heard of them when she said. 'Who is the Wonderbolts?'

Good dammit Nappa. I'm going outside.
>>
>>27253190
See I even thought about complimenting your last post because it was written well but now you slipped right back into the autism

>would you remember
You keep dividing the Wonderbolts into single events and not looking at the whole shebang. Would she remember the name of the group from a thousand years old event? Probably not. Would she remember the name of the aerial performers that probably never visited her town? Probably not.
However, would she remember the name of the group that played part in a thousand years old event, and since then kept their reputation and traditions for a thousand years, touring Equestria and serving as the military air force in probably many more event? Fuck yes she should've.
>studying wasn't towards military
It doesn't take a 3 year study of military to know about the Wonderbolts. As I said earlier, I don't expect her to know their history, I just expect her to know at least roughly who they are. She was educated as a filly. Her self-study was more magic oriented, but that doesn't mean she never had a history class/read a history book/heard someone else talk about them. Imagine a group from their town going on a visit to the nearest bigger city to see the Wonderbolts. They're an Equestrian phenomenon.
>common knowledge
It's common knowledge because it's commonly talked about, and/or it's one of the first things you learn.
>she said
This whole fucking discussion is built on the argument that the exact scene is bullshit, you can't use the scene as proof that the scene is right when we're talking about how it shouldn't be.

>dbz quote
yeah I had a hunch I'm dealing with an underage newfag
>>
>>27253276
Not the same anon, but you seen to over blow much of the Wonderblots reputation. There are a lot of parts of the military that people don't know about regardless of what they done. And just because they do air shows doesn't mean everyone knows them. For instance the Tuskegee Airmen did a lot of shit during WW2 and even do flight shows every now and then, but there are still a lot of people that don't even know this branch of the air force even exist.
>>
File: 1459376377527.jpg (112 KB, 713x900) Image search: [Google]
1459376377527.jpg
112 KB, 713x900
>>27253328
I value their reputation highly, yes. And in my eyes it's adequate, because as I've mentioned several times, a thousand years of being constantly the top (and maybe even the only, as we've never heard of other performers/royal air force so far) and active group should have some serious amount of reputation. We don't really have an equivalent of them in our world. Comparing them to a 70 year old group that's been active for only 12 years and since then does only one show per year is unfair. Same with Blue Angels or Thunderbirds, their scale is much smaller. Something more notorious and general, like simply Marines or Navy SEALs would probably be closer, though still not quite there at all.

/wdb/ will rise again
>>
>>27253328
I dunno, I think he's pretty close. Despite the obvious thematic similarities to the Blue Angels, the Wonderbolts do a lot more. It's sorta like if you combined the Blue Angels with Real Madrid and seasoned to taste with the Green Berets. Plus, they've been around for a thousand years. That's a hell of a time for reputation to build up.
>>
>>27253429
Agreed. They're based on the Blue Angels or similar aerial teams, but their notoriety is completely somewhere else.
>>
>>27253429
>>27253423
True there isn't any in our world that is equivalent to the Wonderbolts, but it still not unimaginable for ponies to not know who they are. Think about, if the military isn't a major part of your life, the less you know about them. Appleloosa and Dodge Junction probably doesn't care about them, because they're not a large part of the daily lives there. Some might know them by name alone in the big cities, but if you asked them to go deeper, most couldn't give you an answer. So I don't think Glam was too far fetched in saying she didn't know who they are, simply because she didn't care about them
>>
>>27253423
>That spoiler
I really hope it does. I'm terrified our next episode is going to be another chapter of the 'Wonderbolts act like little shits for no conceivable reason' show.
>>
>>27252489
SOME FOLKS ARE BORN

>>27252507
>tfw learning how to fly helicopters
IT AIN'T ME
>>
>>27253609
>learning to fly helis
>not being one
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
>>
File: SpitfireSpitfire.png (399 KB, 1024x631) Image search: [Google]
SpitfireSpitfire.png
399 KB, 1024x631
>>27253551
That's where we disagree. I see Wonderbolts as something of a symbol, the brave guard protecting the princess and performing daring, never seen before tricks. The stuff that makes campfire stories, fairytales, stories that grandpa tells you exaggeratedly about when he saw them live 50 years ago. Their reputation precedes them. They could never set foot (lel hoof) in Dodge Junction, but the stories, elegantly exaggerated of course, they get there, and these stories paint them even greater than they actually are.

>>27253588
I swear on me mum if I have to pick up PES myself to coach them into greatness I will fucking do that eventually sometime L I F E L O N G

>>27253609
I AIN'T NO MILLIONAIRE'S SON
>>
>>27253551
Well, no. It isn't unimaginable that some ponies would be ignorant. But Glimmer being one of them is. She's educated, and should thus have at least a passing acquaintance with their history, and she's (relatively) charismatic. She's social. And the Wonderbolts are nothing if not socially acceptable conversation starters. They're celebrities who are also sports stars who are also war heroes.

>>27253743
Hokay, you're going a little too far into the autism spectrum there, buddy. Dial it back.
>>
>>27253896
I've had like three hours of sleep last 40 hours so pardon me if I turn into a headcanon rambling mess for a while.
>>
>>27253743
>>27253896
Eh can't really come up with a rebuttal, so I'ma cut my loses. Have a nice thread Wonderboltfags
>>
File: 1458216149500.jpg (57 KB, 965x855) Image search: [Google]
1458216149500.jpg
57 KB, 965x855
>>27253981
Cheers mate
>>
File: I-am.gif (74 KB, 540x456) Image search: [Google]
I-am.gif
74 KB, 540x456
>>
File: GladiatorSpits.jpg (3 MB, 2000x2535) Image search: [Google]
GladiatorSpits.jpg
3 MB, 2000x2535
>>
>>27252222
Quads confirm not bullshit
>>
File: 1462032991831.png (618 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1462032991831.png
618 KB, 960x540
>>27251757
>RDfw that Gliimerbitch did not know who Spitfire of the Wonderbolt's is.
>>
>>27253896
>Glimmer asks Twilight about basic 'getting to know you' stuff about her new friends
>Hears Rainbow Dash is a Wonderbolts freak and talks about them nonstop.
>Takes opportunity to troll RD mercilessly when she brings it up.

I think you're looking at this too hard.
>>
File: 318303.gif (135 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
318303.gif
135 KB, 450x450
>>27255727
>merely pretending
You've been on the internet too long.
>>
>>27255738
>too long

My body has only just begun to meld with my desk and chair, senpai. This isn't even my final form.
>>
>>27255746
Invest in the cactus root system upgrade. Quick and efficient.
>>
>>27255533
Damn that's nice. Where'd that come from?
>>
I love this style. They all look so fuzzy; I just want to grab one and snuggle it nonconsensually.
>>
>>27255971
You're a furry, anon.
>>
File: 1461618228762.jpg (56 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1461618228762.jpg
56 KB, 500x375
>>27251757
Of course she didn't know about the wonderbolts, she was just getting friendly with Rainbow.
>but muh wonderbolts notoriety
The only times the wonderbolts are ever brought up in show is when Rainbow Dash is involved. That was Starlights first one on one friendly interaction with RD and thus her first exposure to the wonderbolts.
>>
File: _20160429_111914.jpg (62 KB, 448x560) Image search: [Google]
_20160429_111914.jpg
62 KB, 448x560
>>27253896
I actually doubt it. First off if you've never seen the wonderbolts, live in a town where no one gives a shit about them because no one can join them, and probably would not care for them it's totally possible. As for all the faggots going on about 'BUT MUH DEEP WONDERBOLT HISTORY, EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW THEIR HEROICS!' they're pretty wrong too. I doubt most peasants in
medieval Europe knew jack shit about the Knights Templar.

Additionally I also know this from experience: I lived in a highly Spic community in Texas and I knew jackshit about Handegg until I was 16. I didn't even know it existed until I played Madden once. And dude bros acted exactly the same way as Dash and the fag in thread when I explained I didn't know jack.

Also I really doubt Starlight would study random Equestrian military history. I'm pretty sure immediately after Sunburst left she devoted all her time to studying magic theory, building her Equality Doctrine, then the Cutie Mark removal spell, none of which would require reading about some military order that have absolutely jackshit to do with magic or cutie marks.

So yeah, I don't see why Glim Glam suddenly had to know some completely trivial information she has no reason to know or care about
>>
>>27256211
But isn't glimmer pretty knowledgeable about equestrian history? Aren't the wonderbolts like, a big part of equestrian history?
>>
>>27256710
Again, the only part of Equestrian history she mentioned was related to spellcasting. Not dumb peacock horses.
>>
File: 1449724581225.png (451 KB, 3000x3254) Image search: [Google]
1449724581225.png
451 KB, 3000x3254
>>27253190
This anon here.

Just wanted to let you know I broke a tooth going outside. A friend and I went out side just to do some building scaling. However upon entry to one of the places went to, another friend of mine accidentally hit me with their car showing up. I manage to instinctively roll into the fall after my face hit the ground, reducing the damage to just the back of my tooth in the far back. Somehow..I'm not going to question it. I just wanted to let you know, justice served. I'll debate fairly from now on in future debates, not giving half-effort ending answers. Kind of felt bad leaving such a way..

Wow im a faggot..
>>
>>27251757
Wonderbolts are on the same level as Trixie, some bitchass performers.
>>
>>27256211
Wrong. Not only you nicely disregarded everything said in this thread, your statement is also simply wrong.

>>27256670
Templars are a nice comparison, except they still do not compare. And we can't really find out how much did the common folk know about them.
She didn't study military history (probably, I'd bet she read a lot of various books throughout her lonely childhood), but as it's been said, you don't need to to know who Wonderbolts are. Any basic 101 history book will tell you that.

>>27257263
liked and subscribed
>>
>>27252762
>what's the elite of the marines
>no google

Well that depends. Are you referring to MARSOC, Force Recon, or the few Marines who try out for SFOD-D?
>>
>>27257337
>disregard
That's called cutting through the bullshit. And the fact of the matter is Rainbow Dash is the conduit of the wonderbolts in equestria. No rainbow no wonderbolts.

>but I'm just wrong
Name 3 instances of anypony in any episode talking about the wonderbolts, without it involving RD in any way.

Protip every conversation about the wonderbolts is coming from or to dashwhen glimmer or anypone meets dash they get exposed to the wonderbolts existence.
>>
>>27257762
>cutting through bullshit
You purposefully ignored all the posts about how Wonderbolts aren't just something that Dash talks about and then said Wonderbolts are something that just Dash talks about.

Secret of my Excess, Sweet and Elite and if you weren't anal about it you could probably count Equestria Games and some related episodes as well, because they are performing there while the whole gang is there as well but aren't the main driving point.

And yeah sure you could say that Wonderbolts were written into the show mostly to give Dash some ambition, but that's like saying no Twilight no Nightmare Moon. The idea was created for that, but the lore/history behind it is much greater than Dash's heroes.

Protip ur a faget lel
>>
>>27255824
A drawfag on a Spitfire thread a while back
>>
File: 1456776489936.jpg (311 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456776489936.jpg
311 KB, 1920x1080
>>27257846
And even then during emergency as in evil characters or weather situations they tend to pop up. To say they only exist to just service Rainbow Dash may have been true at their early conception while first created, but they definitely since then have grown to be much more than that.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 500x400
>>27255629
These are thefaces when I stick it in her ass and not pussy
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.