[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why people get triggered when they see a MLP crossover?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 12
File: Princess Rick.png (201 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
Princess Rick.png
201 KB, 540x540
Why people get triggered when they see a MLP crossover?
>>
>>27238476
Because you're a fucking faggot.
Making this thread is just asking for some fucking couple hundred images of SU/Undermemememem autism now.

Have a feeling you already knew that, though.
>>
File: unimpress.gif (1 MB, 554x698) Image search: [Google]
unimpress.gif
1 MB, 554x698
>>27238495
Just asking.
>>
File: 1458846593639.gif (62 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1458846593639.gif
62 KB, 500x281
>>27238476
Its because we got our hopes up once and it turned into a shitty crossover.
https://youtu.be/A6NWRKCfOc8

Also crossovers in general can be really crap, as it only revolves around the idea. OH Wouldn't be cool if this character and this character met and is all about the oh but in our universe things are like this and you're so interesting because you're different or you look like someone I know etc.. etc... etc..

pic related
>>
>>27238668
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbnLUJRLLBY
>>
>>27238476
>>
>>27238689
Yeah once you stray away from the classic crossover idea, it gets better. I would be fine with nuclear throne but with bill made for kicks by a modder, but once you get into the lets actually make something more elaborate like a full episode or comic it gets messy, cringy, and just bad most of the time.

The big thing is using the source material well so that it isn't just reactions of each of the characters but rather something more thought out and well logical.

Essentially don't use the characters that you cross over to well, just use to react. Have something else. Have a spin on the idea. For example what if, the Rick that shows up, plays the villain role. He just wants to fuck up a dimension, and chooses mlp. You have more than one Rick to choose from so this could be for different reasons. Perhaps instead Rick just can't stand the goody goody nature of all the ponies to the point where he goes on a rampage. Keeping the different platforms that are used in each of the sources are also important as this can be used to make interesting ideas. Rick and Morty is an adult cartoon, mlp is not etc, etc.
>>
>>27238816
This is probably the worst thing I've seen all day.

And I watched at least a hundred tadpoles die of chlorine poisoning while opening a pool today.
>>
>>27238869
I kinda want to see/read a Nuclear Throne MLP crossover...
>>
File: Pizzarat.png (234 KB, 1040x712) Image search: [Google]
Pizzarat.png
234 KB, 1040x712
>>27238899
I'm sad to say that such a thing doesn't exist. There are quite a bit of hurdles to jump over to do an actual crossover and not just a swap or a ponyification of the mutants.

There is the obvious problem of ponies being mostly non-violent. The mutants only speaking trash talk and how aggressive some can be. Plant is a good example with her bloodlust. The idea of mutations being a foreign concept to anything in equestria.

Its still interesting though. If it was done and done well I would check it out in a heart beat.

Here is the thing though, what if ponies replaced the IDPD? It makes sense, equestria is squeaky fucking clean. Celestia could be the captain, twilight rouge, and little hunter being rainbow dash or spike. Equestria is trying to keep their dimension clean from the mutations and radiation of the mutants dimension being the logic behind it.

A story about that, centered about Twilight meeting the mutants, mostly about getting there would be interesting. Running from a literal god's army having to deal with the wildlife about the way.

Could work.
>>
>>27238886
Oh, that's kinda sad..
>>
>>27238992
Yeah, I could see that entire scenario being a really great crossover story. Admittedly I have actually been waiting for someone to at least try to make a Nuclear Throne MLP crossover since NT's early access days, but sadly no one has written such a thing.
>>
File: oh dear.gif (341 KB, 226x250) Image search: [Google]
oh dear.gif
341 KB, 226x250
>>27238689
>>
>>27239017
FUCK. Wrong reply. I meant to reply to this >>27238886 anon.
>>
File: IDK.png (155 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
IDK.png
155 KB, 640x640
>>27239014
>>27238992
Maybe you two could try to write it.
>>
>>27238476
If you do it wrong, like in that pic you used, it'll end up super cringy.
>>
File: ehahe.png (108 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
ehahe.png
108 KB, 512x288
>>27239035
I have very little time as it is this and the next week. I've never written a fanfiction of any caliber, despite trying a few times. I'm shit at actually doing anything when I should, main reason why I'm posting here instead of actually doing voice recordings and writing a script for a project due on Tuseday. I'm well read, I have good ideas, but anything I make I never think is up to par.

Also I'm a autist that can't stand other autists and do terribly with keeping up with other people if I don't see them face to face in a day to day setting. Interactions online have to be initiated by the other person mostly and I can get wary and terminate communication if I think the person is getting too clingy. I often times push people away rather than the other way around.

I would be more worried about me being the thing that fucks up the possible project.

However I am open to trying it, by myself or with help. As long as I can only start after 2 weeks time because of finals and dead week.

I mean worst case scenario it crashes and burns in a spectacular manner, it would be kinda cool to be a part of, even if I'm the one fucking everything up.
>>
>>27239064
In your opinion, what is a good way to do a crossover?
>>
>>27238476
because they get triggered by seeing anything pony, and then they see their FAVORITE THING but suddenly it's pony and then it's completely ruined for them forever
>>
>>27238476
Because a lot of the time it's tokenism or there is just no wit to it. There are good crossovers, but they are rare and people don't seem to understand why most crossover content is cancer.
>>
File: 1455636720718.jpg (85 KB, 804x802) Image search: [Google]
1455636720718.jpg
85 KB, 804x802
>>27239022
>>
File: top_hoof_by_kman_studio-d4n9p99.jpg (121 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
top_hoof_by_kman_studio-d4n9p99.jpg
121 KB, 1191x670
>>27238476
simply autism.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.