[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /mlp/, I want to buy ponies and shit for the first time without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
hey /mlp/, I want to buy ponies and shit for the first time without looking autistic or cringy, do you have any advice to help me with this?? Have you ever bought MLP merchandise before? What was the experience? Are people in the store gonna look at me in disgust if they see me at the check out with ponies?
>>
There's really only one way I can think of off the top of my head.

>Be me.
>At store with family.
>Little sister is there.
>Bribe her into holding the shit at the register.
And nobody was the wiser.
>>
>>27237536
Who gives a fuck what the wageslave at toys r us thinks or says, get in line, pay the money and get out.
Fucking retard.
>>
>>27237536
Grow a pair, don't feel uncomfortable, don't make yourself look uncomfortable, don't look like a fucking idiot. People don't give a shit. People never give a shit. If anyone gives a shit, who gives a shit? They won't give you shit, if anything they'll just look at you strange but again, who gives a shit?

Yes I've bought merch from many different stores. People don't give a shit and I don't give a shit. I got my shit and that's all that matters.
>>
>>27237536
It's like you never herd of online shopping before.
>>
Have it gift wrapped.
Or shop online.
>>
>>27237536
Promise children candy in exchange for them following you around all day
>>
File: 1454430820986.png (287 KB, 872x665) Image search: [Google]
1454430820986.png
287 KB, 872x665
>>27237536
Bathe properly, dress normally, and act casual about it. Buy the pony like you're buying any other random object from the store.

9/10 times, the cashier won't even look up at you. And if he/she/it does, don't even mind it. Their opinion doesn't matter.
>>
>>27237536
>find pony thing you like
>be normal and comfortable
>ask to have it gift wrapped
>>
>>27237592
What this guy said. Just walk into the aisle and buy what you want. The more you worry the more autistic you gonna look.
>>
>>27237536

Buy it online.

Or dress like you could pass for being a dad.
>>
>>27237536
Buy a cheap "My Daughter thinks I'm super" shirt and wear it when you buy pone merch
>>
>>27237536
It's for your cousin/sister/neice. Don't just use it as an excuse, bring a note that says "their" favourite pony on it and consult it.
>>
>>27237536
Get you shit online if your too much of a pussy to do it.
>>
>>27237536
I'm a slave at walmart. I couldn't give any fewer shits what you buy as long as you're not abusive towards me, my coworkers, or the merchandise. Get your shit and get out, I won't even remember your face in 10 minutes.
>>
>>27237743
I can assure you that after working at both TRU and Hot Topic in the past few years seeing a teenage/adult man buying MLP merch you can automatically assume it's pretty much for himself. It's not a big deal, the only clerks that give a fuck are the old fuckers with pathetic lives that need to retire/kill themselves already. And it's also not like anyone who shops at TRU isn't either a mom, a child, or another non-normie like you. Hot Topic is exclusively teenagers and trash so there's no way to not blend in unless you're some granny gawking rudely at everything in the store.

Comparatively, most of the bronies in this area take better care of themselves than some of the early morning TRU amiibofags we had over a year ago now.

But yeah, if you don't already take good care of yourself you should spruce up before you go out. And that's not just in reference to buying ponies, that should be any time you go out into the light of day.
>>
Step1: Wait til nighttime when there's not many customers
Step2: Acquire MLP merchandise
Step3: Walk fast to the Self-Checkout isle
Step4: Pay
Step5: Get the fuck out of there
Step6: ????
Step7: Profit
>>
Buy a cheap little girls birthday card along with it.
It's for your niece.
>>
This is a pretty good way to do it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf00W_Ao9Ig
>>
>>27237728
>>
>>27237536
Just do it god damn. I've bought little figurines along with my beer at retail outlets and I've walked right into build-a-bear workshops and made my own. The one that looks autistic is the fucking clerk overreacting to it.

You make and spend your own money man.
>>
>>27237536
>Any advice to help me with this?
Never buy official merch.
>>
>>27237536
I'm not gonna lie, I'm about as normalfag as they comeon the outside, but I've pretended like I'm on the phone asking my wife which toy our daughter wanted for her birthday. Dressed in business casual and the cashier even asked if I wad buying my daughter a gift.
>>
File: 1451896086019.jpg (21 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1451896086019.jpg
21 KB, 800x600
> this fucking thread
Holy shit, you guys are retarded, I can just imagine you shifty fucks wearing sunglasses and a trench coat trying to buy a twilight plushie.
No one gives a shit you spazzez holy crap, if someone says something just tell them your gay and you need the doll for your matrix look alike buttfuck party while your at it.

You people should try visiting gamestop if you really want pain, better yet buy your pony stuff at gamestop. I'd actually enjoy that thread.
>>
>>27237536
Haven't you ever worked in retail? After ringing up non-stop hour after hour, day after day, week after week, you pretty much don't give a shit about what people buy. It's just another box with a bar code on it.
>>
File: 1392571073959.jpg (41 KB, 563x701) Image search: [Google]
1392571073959.jpg
41 KB, 563x701
>>27238713
>>
>Not buying all your stuff online
ISHYGDDT
>>
File: turboautism.gif (1 MB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
turboautism.gif
1 MB, 500x250
>>27238740
Sell the trench coat faggot
>>
>>27237599
>herd
We got ourselves a smartass here...
>>
File: 1427397461941.png (327 KB, 881x819) Image search: [Google]
1427397461941.png
327 KB, 881x819
>>27237536
just buy the thing like its any other day in your life, who knows maybe you're giving it as a present to your cousin or something. the deal is just play it like an everyday thing, don't try to be cool just be you.
this self esteem public announcement has been brought to you by DARE! DARE to say NO to drugs!
>>
>>27237536
Self-service checkout. That's all I'll say.
>>
Nobody gives a shit, I swear. I remember back when I got that app to tell me what pony is in the blind bags, and I analyzed them all, right in front of the fucking clerk and guess what, they don't give a shit. And if they do, then they're the ones making a fool of themselves, for questioning your purchase like it's any of their business.
Just act natural, man
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.