[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mlp/'s Snap Judgment Rating Of Season 6 Episode 6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
I’m here, again. Hopefully you guys aren’t completely sick of me posting this every week.

Anyway, as is stated in the graph pictured these responses were gathered over the last six hours via strawpoll, same as before.

We got 484 responses in that time, which is a very high response rate for anything posted on 4chan, though I digress. The average rating is 8.02, which makes this the highest rated episode so far by a narrow margin. The mode is actually 9, which means that more respondents rated this episode as a 9 than any other specific number. As before I will add that 90.5% of the respondents rated this episode between a 6 and a 10 where only 9.5% rated it between a 1 and a 5.

The standard deviation for this sample is 1.95

As always, for the sake of being an impartial data monkey I won’t say anything past that. I will disclose that I rated this episode at an eight to declare any bias that I might have going forward.

Discuss as you please. If you want me to try to do more data processing with this feel free to make a request and I'll see what I can do for you. Again, I’ll include the same chart sans the extremes of 1 &10 before anyone bothers to ask about it

I legitimately need a raise...

I was too lazy to add a median here, but I spend some time working on a treat for anyone who sticks around this time. Well, if you’re a numerophile that is.
>>
>>27233773
The split for this version was 10.6% to 89.4% and everything else is clearly labeled.
>>
Did you do them for the EQG series?
>>
>>27233773
OP what did you actually personally think of the episode?
>>
Seth shilling was off the charts
>>
File: trixie94.png (83 KB, 900x697) Image search: [Google]
trixie94.png
83 KB, 900x697
B E D T I M E
E
D
T
I
M
E
>>
>>27233777
It seems like you're adding more noise by removing the third most voted response in this version.
>>
File: trixieglimmer.jpg (2 MB, 1849x1198) Image search: [Google]
trixieglimmer.jpg
2 MB, 1849x1198
>>27233773
The first episode where I'm heavily off the average. Being one of the 10% outliers, I don't know what causes these high ratings. If it's the return of Trixie, with some more cameos of Derpy and Vinyl, Glimmerfags, or if I'm just blind to something.
The surprisingly high amount of votes is a bit suspicious as well.
inb4 Sethisto fired up a 100 proxies
>>
how does this relate to the other episodes? is the rating stable or have there been spikes of hig/low votes?
What is the best episode and why is it no second prances?
>>
>>27233914
Probably got posted at EQG or something.

Glimmer was surprisingly shit, Twilight was predictably shit, Trixie was surprisingly okay, if not straight up good.
The idea that this disappointing at worst, slightly-above-average at best episode deserves to have a 8-10 rating is absolutely insane.

It's like we're willing to give awards out because they bothered to have a coherent plot.
>>
>>27233914

It's just pleb tier opinions, that's all. It was okay but I don't get people who vote everything 8+ all the time.
>>
>>27233797
I felt the characterization was very strong, though some of the plot points were a bit lacking towards the end and could have been delivered better if the pacing weren't quite as front heavy.

That's a very typical problem for this show to have though. There's a lot of exposition up front, and then they just run out of time to give the proper coverage to core concepts at the end. That being said I really do feel that Twilight's little talk with Starlight at the end did a lot to pull this back from the brink.

I totally thought the ending was going to be a clusterfuck until they just pulled the focus back and shifted it back over to Starlight. That was very well done, and that's why this got an eight from me, as opposed to a five or a six.

Great characterization, the gags were good and didn't take too much from the airtime, and the conclusion was satisfactory.

tl;dr breddy good
>>
>>27234101
>strong characterization
>great characterization
>talk at the end pulled it back from the brink
>conclusion: satisfactory
>8/10
yeah, this is the kind of shit opinions I would expect from the graphmaster.
>>
>>27234192
Precisely why I don't claim to have good opinions, brah
>>
It took a while to figure out how to do this properly, but here. It should be self explanatory, but if you need me to go over what this is and what it represents I can.

>>27233914
The high amount of votes concerns me as well. I'll probably see if I can figure out where the poll actually ended up just to make sure that it is purely a /mlp/ poll for the reason of potential meddling after the fact. Unfortunately it's something that I have no control over and the most I can do is retroactively declare the sample bad.

Shit happens

>>27233850
Totally agree, I just post it because the first few times I didn't someone asked for it. Just covering my ass, senpai.

>>27233915
I'll get to that in a bit, senpai. Please hold. It should be a bit easier than making this was.
>>
There, this one is simple and I shouldn't have to explain it.

>>27233915
I hope this answers your question about how the new episode stacks up. As for spikes of high and low votes the last two polls had a very high number of positive responses. This was an unexpected result, however I can understand it and I don't feel that the data is nessarily bad because of it.

I personally think that people just think the last two episodes were good.

If you want, I can post the charts for the other episodes as well, the graphics explain the data better than I can in words.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.