[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starlight is fucking OP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10
File: Problem?.png (286 KB, 634x428) Image search: [Google]
Problem?.png
286 KB, 634x428
Mrs. Cake, just kill yourself. Your cutie mark is pointless, Starlight can make a cake just as good in 1/1000th the time with practically no effort.

Applejack, kill yourself. Starlight can harvest your entire farm in 10 minutes. And can probably just conjure up apples out of nothing if she really wanted to.

She can even take on a fucking alicorn. "But alicorns have wings and can fly", yeah bitch, so can Starlight. She can destroy all of Equestria if she set her mind to it, or even just erase it from the timeline altogether

Starlight is the most ridiculously overpowered character we've ever seen. Unicorns really are the master race.
>>
Meet your new Mary Sue. Almost.
>>
She is basically just like Twilight, Celestia or Luna then.

If they wanted to, they could probably do what she did. It's just retarded.
>>
>>27231223
She's not a Mary Sue yet, from what we've seen she's still lapsing into her old ways whenever she has the opportunity
Poor Big Mac.

Actually it's interesting that Twilight lost her Mary Sue status somewhat, becoming a little bitchy and clingy this time
>>
>>27231132

Keep in mind we've never seen her fight an alicorn in a straight up fight, and her flying is slow and wobbly as shit compared to proper flight.

She's probably the second most powerful unicorn after Twilight, but she pales next to Luna, Discord or Sombra.
>>
>>27231265
We've never seen anything Starlight-level from any of them.

Twilight was shocked to learn how Starlight rewrote the time spell. Just as shocked as she was when she saw Starlight ripping off cutie marks with ease.
>>
>>27231350

In what way would you consider either of them Mary Sues? We know the closest thing this show has ever had resembling an author-insert is Fluttershy.
>>
>>27231377
>Slow and wobbly flying
If she needs speed she can just teleport
>>
The first two examples are just earth pony things though. Cooking and farming aren't really responsibilities so much as arduous tasks that will keep the stupid earth pony proles too busy to think about overthrowing their masters. Sure the unicorns could do it better, but then that defeats the purpose.
>>
>>27231412

Teleportation is short-distance and very tiring, multiple jumps to cover a distance is slower than flying.
>>
>>27231350
Starlight has had a really shaky character ever since she turned "good." She doesn't really have a lot of defining traits except for being insecure.

Twilight isn't a Mary Sue because Twilight is known to be paranoid, uptight, and often thinks she knows more than others (as we saw in this episode and in others). Twilight eats humble pie a lot because she isn't aware when she's acting out around others. That's what I like about her - she's imperfect but a lot of other characters don't see her that way.
>>
File: starlight_vs_equestria.png (104 KB, 450x251) Image search: [Google]
starlight_vs_equestria.png
104 KB, 450x251
>>27231132
>>
>>27231377
This, in no way will she win a laser duel between an alicorn.
>>
>>27231465
>a lot of defining traits except for being insecure
So far she is consistently cunning. Which is a good thing.
>>
>>27231397

Luna created simulacrums of life without even breaking a sweat, huge thunderstorms spontaneously manifest in the sky when she lets loose.
Twice now she's created dark, living entities of pure magic, both of which grew strong enough to threaten all of Equestria.
She once sustained an entire town in a shared conscious dream-state, sustained another spell that let herself enter said dream, and still had enough awareness left to lead the ponies against Tantibus.
>>
Honest question: What the fuck has Celestia done in this series besides let her ass get blasted by Chrysalis' lazer beam?

Is she supposed to be some kind of dignitary figure with no real power of her own? I assumed the whole 'rising the sun' thing was a con job until that Tirek episode.
>>
File: Celestia's gift.gif (81 KB, 800x529) Image search: [Google]
Celestia's gift.gif
81 KB, 800x529
>>27231603

She's pulling invisible strings that keeps Equestria on it's feet, that's her REAL power.
If the Elements of Harmony is the worker's sledgehammer, Celestia is the surgeon's scalpel. There's a time and place for both.

She's had at least one premonition in the show (Tirek episode), we know Faust said she has them, and her ability to sense the future both explains a lot of her behavior and is a nice sister-power Luna's dream-walking ability.
>>
>>27231377
>Keep in mind we've never seen her fight an alicorn in a straight up fight
If you mean a fight like Celestia and Chrysalis had - who knows. All we know for sure is that her and Twilight were evenly matched in a battle in the s5 finale, and that Twilight was unable to stop her plans and had to beg her to give up. I'd put Starlight on the same magic level as her, maybe slightly above in terms of offensive magic. Twilight has been seen using shields a lot more in combat, while Starlight just went on an all out attack.
>>
Was Starlight supposed to keep up with Dash when she blasted off to see Spitfire? If so then I think you can also get rid of the Wonderbolts and just have Glimglim do some Kage Bunshin No Jutsu and have them all fly all over the place.
>>
>>27231603
She has probably dealt with this type of shit for 1000 years. It's not like Equestria stood still during all that time. This is why she is training up new Princess and freeing Luna so that she can eventually retire and relax.

She is just done.
>>
>>27231681

She couldn't keep up, the shtick was that there wasn't enough time for her since the meeting was tonight.
>>
>>27231603
>>27231603
My headcanon is, Celestia holds absurd amounts of raw magic power, but isn't a fighter (either she doesn't want to fight, or is simply bad at it), while Luna is considerably weaker on that raw magic power department, but is actually the best shown combatant in the show.

And the reasoning behind Celestia is that we saw what Luna can do, and even while I take that Cadence might be pretty strong being princess and all, I won't think that absurd power Twilight had in Season 4 finale came from her. And I bet that most of the power came from Celly.
>>
>>27231485
Pretty much the only reason why Starlight even stalemated is because she didn't ever challenged Twilight to a laser beam-o-war. She would've lost without question.
>>
>>27231676

Lauren's explanation actually makes her sound like an interesting character. Too bad the show does nothing with that. If fucking Spike can have a good episode than I hope we can at least have one episode where Celestia is shown to be something other than a limp-dicked, current-day Queen of England type character.
>>
>>27231132
funny enough that was trixies originl claim
>>
>>27231350
>its a mary sue meets better mary sue and her mary sue status instantly drops episode
>>
>>27231732

It's damn near impossible to make a good episode with a prescient character.

They work well as villains driving the plot (and thus, always keeping a trick up their sleeve), but the good guys always have to react to the villain's plot, they can't be allowed to launch a preemptive strike.

Another huge issue is that precognition is bad plot-centric writing. The audience will always ask "wait, so how does she know?", to which the shittiest answer you can give is "she just knows, OK?"
>>
File: 1445716528459.png (344 KB, 1200x797) Image search: [Google]
1445716528459.png
344 KB, 1200x797
>>27231132
Excuse me?
>>
>>27231811
They've done just fine making stories out of Celestia in the comics.
>>
>>27231961

Only because they've ignored her established character (Reflections) or giving her only minor appearances in slice-of-life issues.
>>
>>27231132
And then look at the irony:
She wanted everyone to be equal, but she is better than everyone.
>>
>>27231728
>but is actually the best shown combatant in the show
How so? That she fought dreams in her episodes? I'm not sure that can count, since she was practically in her own realm, fighting what can count as illusions. Her only succesful engagement (that we know of) was facing off Sombra, and even then, she wasn't alone
>>
>>27232656

Not the one you're replying to, and I don't agree with his headcanon, but Luna is without a doubt the greatest pony magician we've seen. See >>27231550
>>
File: Green Oh Damn.jpg (75 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Green Oh Damn.jpg
75 KB, 960x540
>yfw Starlight gets sick of Twilight's bullshit and falls off the wagon.
>>
>>27231132
>Starlight is fucking OP
do you mean
Starlight is fucking Fag.
>>
Starlight is too strong. I need Twilight to assert her dominance.
>>
>>27231132
I have to say her casting that tourettes spell on Big Mac was funny.
>>
>>27231132

Unicorn masterace indeed
>>
>>27231414

/thread
>>
>>27233430
>30 posts after the fact
>>
>>27232707
Luna is obviously very powerful, but even Nightmare Moon (who is more powerful than her) was easily outmaneuvered and defeated by Twilight.

Luna has tremendous power in the dream world, but that's because of her cutie mark. It remains to be seen how well she functions in a real battle in the real world.
>>
>>27231132
She can only at most suck Discords dick, unless she can use all 6 Elements somehow.
>>
>>27231132
It really makes you question why natural selection hasn't taken its course and left unicorns as the lone strongest genetic deviation.
>>
>>27235148
>evolution
>in equestria
>a place of magic

besides, maybe earth ponies just breed like bunnies
>>
>>27235148
Then they would starve. They can manipulate the raw ingredients of food into other foods, but they can't make the raw materials of food.
>>
>>27235174
>unicorns are like the nips
>they rather fuck their magical creations then actually procreate so the species is slowly dying out.
>>
File: 1435982894473.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1435982894473.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>>27235174
>>27235275
>tfw unicorn birthrate is down
>tfw unicorn culture is slowly being bastardized and decadence is becoming more commonplac3e
>tfw earth pony immigration into unicorn settlements
>tfw unicorns are going extinct
>>
>>27235332
natural selection at work
>>
>>27232656
Well, I take out Discord for being Discord, and Tirek for having no clear level of power.

However, Luna kicked Celly's ass three times during the show:
1) The past, when Celly had to use Elements to seal her;
2) The show opener, when that wasn't even shown;
3) The alternative time line, where Luna pressed Celly into the moon, without even using the Elements.

And all-around little bits of how Luna was shown fighting.

Also, her timeline was shown as the one with no actual resistance, meaning she kicked every ass that tried to resist in such short amount of time, that she already built a working empire by the time Twilight arrives, that's what Sombra and Chryssy ultimately failed to do.
Meanwhile Sombra wasn't shown as being that much of a powerhouse himself, more like having access to very questionable magic, means and resources.
And Chryssy was surprised when she managed to take out Celly, which means she wouldn't be able to do so without being powered by love. And even then I would assume, that was more of a fluke, with Celly not expecting that much of a resistance, and because of being bad in general combat - losing the stand-off.

And as for Twi, it was clearly shown via dismantled timber wolves - she's no where close to being an opponent to Luna.
>>
>>27235063
>outmaneuvered and defeated by Twilight.
Outmaneuvered in a throwback to Gen1, but by no means defeat, the Elements of Harmony did that.

>It remains to be seen how well she functions in a real battle in the real world.
She cast the spell covering all of Ponyville from the waking world, she has a ton of spells in Luna Eclipsed as well.
>>
>>27235063
NM is essentially Luna.
>>
>>27231132
Season 7
>>
File: 1428648487114.jpg (181 KB, 1024x1227) Image search: [Google]
1428648487114.jpg
181 KB, 1024x1227
>>27235392
>Also, her timeline was shown as the one with no actual resistance, meaning she kicked every ass that tried to resist in such short amount of time, that she already built a working empire by the time Twilight arrives

She also seemed to have figured out a way to continue to grow food and maintain habitable living conditions across her kingdom without any explicit sunlight for several years. The bitch is scary.
>>
Giving Glimglim wings is pretty much a nerf at this point.
>>
>>27235443
>>27236121
No way it would still be a buff.
>>
>>27236121
It would be a buff.
>>
>>27235442
This
I don't know why people try to seperate them so much it's just a name she took
>>
>>27237096
Nightmare Moon acts differently to Luna.
>>
>>27238400
Yes, and Discord from Season 5 acts differently to Discord from Season 2;
Glim Glam from Season 6 acts differently to Glim Glam from Season 5;
Shim Sham from EQG 1 actrs differently to Shim Sham from EQG 2 and 3.

All are different persons, I suppose.
>>
>>27232078
She was always better than everyone even during the equality shit, being not just the cult leader but also being the most powerful.
>>
>>27232741
>we will never have a 'redeemed' character that falls back into their old ways and stays there
>we will never see a character whose heart has been fully consumed by their darkness
>not a big enough threat, reformed or persuaded
>the M6 will never have their Joker
>>
>>27239140
>not a big enough threat, reformed or persuaded
>not a big enough threat for Tartarus, but incapable of being saved, reformed, or persuaded
The fuck is wrong with /mlp/ tonight? I know I'm not losing my mind, my fucking words are disappearing.
>>
>>27238728
Luna seems to immediately change personality when she transforms.

And Discord hasn't changed one bit since the beginning.
>>
>>27235332
/pol/ get the fuck out.
>>
>>27231132
I liked that scene where Glimglam showed that dirty mud pony in bakery her place as inferior to unicorns.
>>
>>27239932

Look at the S5 finale, she's definitely "Luna with no time to mess around", NMM there acts very similar to what Luna acted like in The Crystal Empire.
>>
Wow I remember people saying this about Twilight
>>
>>27235443
She has to get the SPECIAL wings.
>>
>>27231498
>>27231465
Also she's only appeared in (what amounts to) 2 episodes of screen time being good right now. I think we need to wait a little longer before we can give a better verdict on her.
>>
>>27231132
She a smug ass bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch, she a smug ass bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch
>>
>>27231465
I like Starlight because she genuinely wants to change and be accepted, she just doesn't know how. Her entire mid-late childhood to present day was her basically studying magic so she could balance that cutie mark equation and create a village from the solution. She's looking to others for help.

I find her really endearing as a character.
>>
>>27235443
Her wings have faces on them.
>>
File: 1429687138892.jpg (796 KB, 1000x1340) Image search: [Google]
1429687138892.jpg
796 KB, 1000x1340
Looks like Equestria needs egalitarianism.

Unicorns are just empowering ponies, this is racial segregation, and this is not acceptable!
>>
>>27245413

Nigga what the fuck are you smoking? Equestria has been egalitarian for as long as we know.
>>
Nyx did nothing wrong.
>>
>>27231132
Starlight glimmer is Peridot of mlp
>>
>>27245556
Not really, and it's a good thing.
>>
>>27245594

???

Yes really.

Twilight was taken in by Celestia based on her merits alone.

Fluttershy does an earth-pony job and no one bats an eyelid.

etc.
>>
>>27235443
What the fuck.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.