[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The hell is wrong with me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (1 MB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1280x853
I know this isn't the correct place for a post like this but I just need some insight, or reassurances, or something at this point. I'm just going to try and explain the problem as I understand it and I would really appreciate some feedback. I guess I just genuinely dislike myself, I've been told I'm attractive enough but just a bit shy and socially awkward, but all I seem to see is the negatives. I have a small group of friends on campus and off campus but I'm starting to feel like some of them don't actually give a shit about me. Over the last year I've tried to change myself into the person I want to be, someone confident, more mature, better looking, a better friend,a better brother, a better son, etc... I've made some strides in the right direction but every year without fail I just feel this....feeling. But it's more than a feeling, it shortens my patience, makes me feel like spending all day in bed, makes me feel like I'm failing at every aspect of my life, and then I actually start failing. My grades slip, connections with friends and family falter. I don't want this stuff to happen but after a certain point I just lose the ability to care, and the only thing that puts my life back on track is either sleep or a weekend away from people on my own. To keep this pony related lets just talk about the type of song we'd like to see in the future or whatever, somebody can suggest a better topic if they want. I don't know what to do anymore
>>
Personally I'd like to see a more dramatic piece like This day Aria, or maybe an instrumental with no singing.
>>
Really, nobody? I got trips and everything.
>>
File: tmp_2977-1450826435851172914369.png (438 KB, 900x800) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2977-1450826435851172914369.png
438 KB, 900x800
>>27137281
I feel you OP. The only reasons I haven't killed myself are pony and the guilt I feel knowing my family would react the same way when my brother died.

>>27137333
Nice trips, nice song
I personally want to see another like Winter Wrap Up
>>
>>27137511
The thing is I don't feel suicidal or even really depressed, it's just like a constant sense of my life not being enough if that makes sense. Don't take that step friend, I'm not going to preach cliched bullshit like its the cowards way out, or to think about the people that love you. Nothing is constant, things always change that's just the world we live in, and if there are even a few things right now that get you through the days then maybe that's enough for now. But every new day brings the possibility of change, a chance for laughter, love, generosity, kindness, and friendship. They may seem few and far between but they are what make us strong when everything else makes us feel weak. I still have hope for myself and I have hope for you, maybe at the end of the day that's enough to spur the change we want to see? Great idea, maybe we'll see something like it with next weeks episode.
>>
>>27137281
Are you me, or am I you
Also I think a slow sad song would be good
>>
>>27137604
Meh, sorry but I've heard it all before.
At least you still have some sort of hope left. Try not to wholly give in to despair.
Meanwhile, I don't think I am gonna actively kill myself, I don't have the balls for that. Maybe I'll get cancer or something.
>>
File: 521579051634.jpg (57 KB, 453x441) Image search: [Google]
521579051634.jpg
57 KB, 453x441
>>27137281
Your problem is that you want to belong so much that it turned into a little obsession of yours.
Obsession, no matter how big, is always bad. It is the worst advisor.
You want to fit in, be a part of some social group, be it friends, family, or some other people related somehow with each other.
You want them to accept you so bad, that you decided to change, maybe at once, maybe gradually, I don't know.
Though, I do know that you surely noticed, that despite your efforts nothing much changed.
Because of that you feel incomplete, incompetent, weak etc.
Your "obsession" is kicking you for this and your days becomes dull and gray.
My advise to you would be = don't care about belonging so much!
Don't care about what people think of you!
Fuck people. No, really!
You said it yourself:
>only thing that puts my life back on track is... a weekend away from people on my own.
If you stop caring so much, your life will be back on track for longer than just for a weekend and people will start liking you on their own sooner, or later.
Just don't be an asshole, or act desperate.
If you want to get more confident and stop being so socialy akward start training some martial arts, or boxing.
Trust me, it helps.
>>
>>27138493
This. So much this. I became infinitely happier after stopping giving a fuck about what people think. I still have no friends but I'm happy.
>>
>>27138493
This anon might be on spot

>>27137281
Stop judging yourself so much anon, male moar place for just enjoying the now and you'll be good as new !

>>27138518
Yo nigg where u living ?
>>
>>27138521
Geographically? Or are you asking if I'm NEET? I'm not.
>>
>>27138528
Geographically speaking
frenchy reportin' in
>>
>>27138590
Not him, but that's kind of a creepy question to ask

However, this is coming from an amerifag
>>
>>27137281
>Over the last year I've tried to change myself into the person I want to be, someone confident, more mature, better looking, a better friend,a better brother, a better son, etc...
You're an autist anon. Only when we accept who we are can we truly be happy.
>>
>>27138602
I still feed the hope that one day I'll meet a horsefucker IRL
>>
>>27138622
Ah.
I feel like it's a good idea on paper, but in practice it would result in enough spaghetti to feed half of Africa
>>
File: 1459786135888.png (229 KB, 540x398) Image search: [Google]
1459786135888.png
229 KB, 540x398
>>27137281
>I just lose the ability to care
I lost it long ago. I regret nothing.
>>
>>27138590
US.

But
>>27138637
is right. Most of them tend to be autists. Also randomly asking was pretty fucking creepy.
>>
>>27137281
Get some antidepressants, anon.
>>
>>27138713
Gah, you guys need to chill out. I know some of us are obsese spaghettomancers but eh, I also know that most of us are average joes hiding tremendous power levels.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.