[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys see any potential for Sunset Shimmer to be part of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
Do you guys see any potential for Sunset Shimmer to be part of the pony show? I personally don't like Starlight.
>>
>>27002044
>Do you guys see any potential for Sunset Shimmer to be part of the pony show
Not at all.
She's an EqG character and will probably NEVER be part of the main show.
>>
>>27002044
I still have hopes.

But seeing the recent episode summary of Twilight reading a story to Starlight to make her feel better about Hearth's Warming... as a huge Shimmerfag that hurts on the inside.
>>
File: paulie walnuts lel.gif (1 MB, 450x258) Image search: [Google]
paulie walnuts lel.gif
1 MB, 450x258
>>27002044
She'll never be in the show, faggots.
>>
>>27002044
No, I like Sunset but it's pretty clear her role is to be the main character of EQG and since this IS still a show mainly for little kids they aren't exactly trying to make it any harder to follow than it is

I've always always gotten the vibe that EQG was an attempt to target more of a pre teen/teen girl audience who might be on the verge of "growing out" of ponies hence the one sided connection to FIM
>>
File: let's all be friends here.png (482 KB, 1194x736) Image search: [Google]
let's all be friends here.png
482 KB, 1194x736
>>27002044
Please do not attempt to induce a Shim/Glim war.
You are disturbing the peace.
>>
>>27002044
As much as I like her, I do not want to see her in the show.
That would confirm EqG as being canon

I prefer living in denial instead of dealing with that shit
>>
>>27002044
I'm not even a Shimmerfag, but Starlight is starting to really piss me off. Sunset would have been much better, especially considering she was already learning under Celestia. People just hate her because EQG.
>>
>>27002044
Nope.

She's a EqG character, and EqG is not canon.
>>
File: 1459061720736.png (42 KB, 633x377) Image search: [Google]
1459061720736.png
42 KB, 633x377
>>27002655
>>27002902
Somehow you guys have more authority than step mom does, cute that your autism allows you to believe that.
>>
>>27002079
Shimmerfags BTFO
>>
Don't worry, she'll be the star of the EqG spinoff show.
>>
>>27002984
So... it was like a dream?
>>
There's like a 1% chance of it happening. I mean it's incredibly miniscule but it's there.
But seriously anyone still having hope for this after sunshit not being even mentioned in the art of equestria book or even in the S5 finale is deluding themselves.
All these faggots have is some fucking statement made in some con years ago and that's flimsy tbh0nest
>>
>>27003097
No, it happened and is canon but effects the show in no way what so ever considering it was Twilight's personal experience and has nothing to do with the other characters
>>
>>27003138
I refuse to believe it, and would rather deny its canonical validity than go on knowing it actually happened.
>>
>>27003195
That's because you have autism.
>>
>>27003356
don't we all?

we watch a show for children, then debate on it anonymously on the internet
>>
I have an idea.

But I'll post it later. It will be a possible crosspost from the "Why doesn't the fandom write for the show" thread.
>>
>>27003482
post it now or swear that you'll deliver
>>
>>27002044
>Sunshit Shimmer
>Potential
>In the pony show
KEK
>>
>>27002044
Yes, potential interaction with Celestia, potential conflict with Starlight, potential conflict with Trixie. I think it's a good thing the FG subplot about her homesickness was cut, because in one of those scenes she decided to stay. This way it's still open and unresolved so the potential is still there.
>>
>>27003466
Being a man/womanchild is the norm now, why do you think comicon and gaming culture is so big when even in the 90s it was still a cultural taboo. Being autistic about it is an entirely different thing
>>
>>27003509
I'll deliver.
>>
>>27003603
Except that idea seems to be a lost cause. See at least in those scenes it was implied that she would visit. Now there's nothing and it doesn't seem like that angle is going to be played in legends of everfree. The only way for that to happen is through the movies
>>
>>27003603
>potential conflict with Starlight
I wish Hasbro would do some post-S6 "extracurricular" thing online, where they set up a rivalry between the two characters. It doesn't have to be canon, obviously, but it could have community challenges and voting online. It would make sense, as Hasbro understand that their target audience does use the internet a whole lot more now.
>>
>>27004004
Delivered over at the "who doesn't Hasbro let fans write for the show" thread. Should I bother to crosspost?
>>
>>27002044
Very unlikely. She lives in the human world now.
If she ever appears in the horse show, it's unlikely to be more than a temporary appearance.
>>
>>27003895
>Being a man/womanchild is the norm now, why do you think comicon and gaming culture is so big when even in the 90s it was still a cultural taboo.

In what kind of shithole do you live if this is the norm?
>>
>>27003138
So they adopted a protocol of least damage. Pretty solid damage control tactic tbqh.
>>
>>27005029
This, why would she go back to a world to make friends with people she already hangs out with in her new home?
>>
so, how seriously butthurt would people be if Sunset Shimmer DID show up in the show?
>>
>>27005399
I would be celebrating.
>>
>>27002761
haha, faggot
>>
File: 1459268889573.jpg (582 KB, 1249x1400) Image search: [Google]
1459268889573.jpg
582 KB, 1249x1400
>>27002044
Not anymore, no. She and Glim Glam essentially serve the same role in the story, acting as a literal representation of what Twilight might have been if she hadn't discovered friendship. Adding her to the show now would only add to the already large number of main characters without really adding anything unique. And I say this as a Shimmer fan.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.