[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kind of sucks that Funko is probably not making pony stuff anymore,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
Kind of sucks that Funko is probably not making pony stuff anymore, but I guess Hasbro is picking up the slack now. Someone found the Guardians of Harmony Discord, part of the non-action "Fan Series" of the line. Vinyl Scratch is coming along with it too later, while the Wonderbolts have action features.
>>
>>26997938

>Kind of sucks that Funko is probably not making pony stuff anymore

Source of that right now
>>
>>26997938
Where did you hear that Funko isn't making pony stuff anymore?
>>
File: benthorn.jpg (50 KB, 669x499) Image search: [Google]
benthorn.jpg
50 KB, 669x499
>>26998436
>>26998471
It's merely a guess, but based on what is going on at Funko's official forum (lots of doomsaying and no official response,) I would say that the future is bleak.

There was supposed to be a release of Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon vinyls in 2016. Nothing at all was shown at Toy Fair and Funko almost completely dropped the line in their 2016 catalog. In addition, Hot Topic no longer carries pony merchandise, and they were their primary customer.

Between those and two of the first Guardians of Harmony toys being Nightmare Moon and Chrysalis, it sounds like the line is being killed. Might come back later. People did find these though. Honestly, the GoH stuff looks a bit better than this. Not sure if it's a loss.
>>
>>26997938
He IS evil in the Guardians of Harmony!
>>
>>26998544
The Fan Series is based on previous episodes of Friendship is Magic. The Nightmare Moon figure is based on the pilot, and this one is based on the S2 premiere.
>>
>>26997938
>Kind of sucks that Funko is probably not making pony stuff anymore
Good. Funko is one of the worst toy companies. At least Hasbro is doing better things now.
>>
File: Page-36.png (182 KB, 300x292) Image search: [Google]
Page-36.png
182 KB, 300x292
>>26998544

Fucking this.

Here a cropped panel from a future pony comic of GoH
>>
>>26997938
That's a bitchin' dicksword
>>
>>26998592
It's those fucking POPs, man. They're everywhere and in everything, like a cancer. Ruined their reputation.
>>
>>26998683
I wish it was just those shitty Pops. But they're also behind those terrible ReAction figures, and those are showing up all over the place too. And if you think Hasbro's QC was lousy, Funko definitely had much worse QC. And I don't know how, isn't Funko supposed to be for collectors?
>>
>>26998750
I think it's now for "collectors" that just like, are really into one franchise and want a plastic blob that vaguely resembles one of their favorite characters or something. Actual collectors tend to hate Funko, though I have seen dedicated Funko collectors.
>>
>>26998607
Jesus christ, it's like they actually heard that shitposter and make it a comic
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 400x286
>>26998493
You're bullshitting me. I'm waiting for these to come out and it'll complete my collection of /royals/!
>>
>>26998852
It was a perfect storm of terrible coincidences that seemed to fuck these over.
>>
>>26998607

Sides status:gone
>>
File: image.png (32 KB, 835x592) Image search: [Google]
image.png
32 KB, 835x592
>>26997938
What the fuck? Hasbro is actually making quality toys?
>>
>>26999521
Only for this new brand that they're doing.
>>
>>26997938
Holy fuck. That Discord figure looks pretty great. I'll be buying it for sure.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.