[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Retro Pony Thread Again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
Last one died sometime last night. Let's see if it can get going again. Could be pretty interesting.

Post ponies living in any part of the 20th century.
>>
>>26997657
>>
>>26997657

>Rarity is sipping her wine
>She is sharing table with Pacino Pone
“Say, we got a deal darling?"
>“Y-Yes Miss Rarity. My men will not interrupt your gir- ladies from now on"
“Fabulous. It was nice making businesses with you.
>Little did the rest of the restaurant knew was that Miss Rara had her left hoof pressing the colts crotch.
>Or that her shoes had small dents on them
>She smiles standing up and politely tell her regards.
>Leaving the place and blowing a flirty kiss at him.
>>
>>26998854
I don't know why I wrote that but was the first thing I thought after seeing OPs picture.
>>
>>26998877
>triple dubs

Rarity would probably do this, too.
>>
>>26998877

Bloody hell. Anon is right. Trippe dubs.
Should I continue or let it perish
>>
>>26997657
holy shit this concept sounds fantastic, if i wasn't writing for My little progress i would throw my life into a green involving this
>>
>>26999334
I say keep it going.

>>26999361
Which story? I'm writing something there too, but as of recently I've been less active. Shame, too, because there's a lot to write about.
>>
>>26999595
im My idea of a good time. are you LP?
>>
>>26999655
No. I'm Scotty.

Speaking of green, here's something quick I thought up. Might blossom into something more. Don't know how I feel about the idea.

>The year is 1920.
>St. Louis is at the center of America, being both a busy river port and a major train hub.
>America has recently gone dry for good, and it looks like it’s going to stay that way forever.
>But an underground industry begins to emerge, quenching the thirst of many still.
>Meanwhile, designer and entrepreneur Rarity owns and operates a small boutique within the city: the Carousel Boutique.
>This establishment happens to be directly above the massive network of limestone caves beneath St. Louis.
>And Rarity is definitely an opportunist.
>A small diamond-shaped pin hidden under the collar or inside the lapel grants access to the oasis known as the Carousel Speakeasy.
>The location of St. Louis made the business of illegal liquor exceptionally lucrative.
>Moonshine flows down the river, from Canada and Mexico, and from the surrounding countryside.
>Soon, Rarity has a small empire.
>Her “investors” keep the money flowing, as if the operation needed sources of outside income.
>But rivals emerge, and the competition is fierce.
>One other notable establishment rises to power fairly quickly.
>The Corinthian, located underneath a lavish hotel, expands their influence, by tactics even shadier than is to be expected.
>The Carousel Speakeasy has trouble keeping their foothold in the city, and in 1926, amidst shaken loyalties and pressure from competitors, there is a mass exodus.
>By 1927, only a handful of the crew remains, and only a few of the most loyal patrons.
>>
>>26999826
>Pinkie Pie is responsible for keeping the band playing, the glasses full, and the police away.
>Big Macintosh, more stoic now than ever, is the bodyguard, ready to fix whatever needs fixing and kill whoever needs killing.
>Most of the latter, however, is passed on to Rainbow Dash, the Carousel’s finest (and only) rumrunner.
>She’s also found a new assistant, Spike, who is still learning the tricks of the trade.
>Fluttershy is the calm, quiet register mare, who is willfully distant from the underground business, despite her close friendship with Big Mac.
>Then there’s Rarity herself, who oversees the operation, and keeps the meager finances in order.
>So, while some are focusing their attention on the airplane-dotted skies, others are focusing on what’s below ground.

How's this? I might explore other prompts. An entire century is a long time, with a lot of stories.
>>
>>26998854
>Rarity is heading down the street.
>Her new red attire is getting well deserved glances from all the ponies.
>Colts drool at her stunning beauty as she trots swiftly
>Mares envy Rarity's fine elegance.
>Everypony knew who she was.
>Opening a double door Rarity enters her clothes factory.
>Every single one item carefully hoof stitch by mares she personally selected.
>The most fine of the city.
“Ladies good news."
>Her tone yet loud enough to he heard was still gentle to the ear.
“I'm glad to inform you, that those brutes from the construction site will no longer hit on you.
>The mares clap their hooves smiling and cheering.
“Now, back to work. We got orders to finish."
>Smiling proud she trot through the lines of coworkers.
>As instructed they all got hooves on work without hesitation.
“Sorry it had to get this far darling. You should have spoken sooner"
>She stopped next to one of the mares.
>The pegasus softly flap her wings as she gave Rarity a small smile.
>Her purple coat made it hard to notice but from up close it was clear she had a black eye
>“Don't worry Miss Rarity. I should have not provoked them anyway"
“Now now. Being a gorgeous well dress mare like you gives colts no excuse to act the way they did."
>Mary Sue, the pegasus, replied only with a faint smile
“Hope you get better"
>Trotting again Rarity got to a black metal door.
>Using her making she opened the door before closing it behind her.
>Following a long dark stairway going down Rarity just hummed a catchy tone.
>A deem light came from under another door. This time a wood one.
>As she open the door Rarity was meet with the loud thundering sound of a “Tommy Gun" being fire till the clip was empty.

>>I hope people likes it or I will go outside<<
>>
>>27000207
very nice, as a US history buff these /mlp/ x /his/ crossovers are very pleasing, if either the writer is competent in US or World history or googles his facts.
otherwise i feel betrayed by the writefriends when they imply something stupid like the the great depression had started in the 1920;s or something, if you continue... then make sure what your posting is correct, and if this becomes a general, i will write for this when i get done with my current green.
>>
>>27000256
Thank you good sir.
As a student I was shoved down my throat USA history for almost 10 years(despite not being our country) and I personally enjoy world history in general.
I do research facts because I'm honestly far from bring a history teacher.
Anyway I'm glad somebody enjoyed it.
>>
>>27000287
oh come on now, rarity a moonshine empress. that's gold. here's an idea, make a short story (maybe 250 lines) following each of the mane six's lives in different historys, like rarity selling shine and applejack participating in WWII or twilight being in winston churchill's place, or rainbow dash being a shine runner and so on and so fourth, no long, drawn out stories, just easy greens that do that.
>>
>>27000314
Hey, Good Times. You spoiling m8.

No seriously that's a great idea and I will go somewhere along that.
>>
>>27000369
will be lurking.
>>
>>27000207
“Honestly, was it necessary to empty the clip?"
>The yellow unicorn shrug
>“Sorry. I got carried away"
“Fine fine. Remember. We are ladies. This is a professional business we run.
>Rarity walk passed her, inspecting the crates to her left she lift up a clip.
>Her magic was holding the characteristic Thompson's round-shaped clip.
“Miss Fluttershy?"
>From behind the counter a shy Fluttershy flutter her way up to Rara
>“Y-Yes Rarity?"
>Making the clip float in front of her asked rarity.
“What are this?"
>“Oh, those are the new cartridges we made."
>Some excitement swell into her voice
>“You see, the compact size makes them easier to hide and the round shape let's them hold about three times more bullets."
>Rarity inspected every detail of it.
“Congratulations Fluttershy. This is truly a refreshing sight. You have outdone yourself this time."
>She squee in joy as Rarity put back the clip inside the wooden crate.
>“Uhm. Miss Rarity"
“Yes Darling."
>Hiding her face behind the clipboard she was carrying Fluttershy murmured.
“Officer Applejack is here"

>>2 late 4 me continue tomorrow also I'm hungry.<<
>>
>>26997657
bump
>>
>>27000537
namefagging because I can

>4 hours before
>Applejack was in her office
>"Commissioner Applejack, we have new information about the..."
"Ya, Ah' know"
>She murmured while writing a letter with a pen in her mouth and the muzzle scrunching.
>"Done, now send this to the Liutenant."
>"Yes, Commissioner"
>The earth pony grab the letter and quickly trotted out the office.
>Applejack sighs as she asjust her blue cap, slowly she trots infront of a mirror and looks at herself.
>Eye bags and messy mane, she is exhausted and at the verge of a break down.
"Pullit together Applejack. Today it ends. You will catch em.. You must"
>Ever since the Prohibition started bootleggers increased by the hundreds and everypony expected the the orange mare to stop them.
>Sadly its been nine years and she has been not very effective against it.
"Bring meh a coke dang nabbit"
>Back to present time
>Rarity enters her office and stare at Applejack as she glances back.
>"Hello Darling"
>She closes the door behind as the mares outside tried to take a peek inside.
>Applejack nods
"How ya doing sugarcube."
>"So tell me, did you finally pull your guts together to shoot me down?"
>She smirk knowing how many times Applejack had the chance to take out the top weapon dealer from the scene.
"Shucks Rarity, ya now I would never hurt yall"
>Applejack chuckled and took a bite of an apple that was sitting on the desk nearby.
"But ya now somepony else will"
>The country pony rolled the apple across the floor as it hit the unicorns leg.
>Rarity gave a dead pan look at Applejack before speaking.
>"You speaking about your happy trigger Liutenant right? Shoud not she be already out of the fields?"
"As much as you know she is swore making you and the pink one pay for what happened."
>"Ugh why cant she understand that shoot outs happen and sometimes ponies get hurt. Badly."
"You know she will get you one way. Anyway I was here to just warn you about something."
>>
>>27001749

>"and what would that be darling"
>Applejack close up on her ear whispering.
"It has started"
>Rarity knew well what that meant.
>She knew they would go first for Pinkie Pie.
"Its over Rara, ma girls are already forming a perimeter. The place is lock down and all the bridges and ports in Manehattan are close."
>Fear and anger was building inside her. The 20 year empire she build up was coming to an end. So fast, so abrupt.
"I dont want you to die right here Rarity, much less like this. Come with me, I can help-
>"Get out."
>Applejack knew there was nothing left she could do.
>She open the door and chuckled a bit.
"Remember when we all met. Six fillies with hopes and dreams of greatness. Sadly your ways could only have one ending. The ride actually ends."
>Rarity glance back and smile brightly.
>"Might as well end it with a bang darling."
>Applejack started her trotting up the stairs to exit the building.
>The working mares look at her and exchange anxious looks between them.
>Rarity walked outside her office with her head up."
>"Ladies can you please gather around. I have something to inform."
>Probably all the mares knew what was going on.
>Some had already fled the building.
"Today we officially end out activities."
>No pony was surprised, they had a good run.
"We had a good run ladies. Now we have two options. We either give up as good girls and let them jail us for about the rest of our lives. "
>Her magic started to hoover a pistol next to her. She check the clip and load it in.
"Or we can do what we do best."
>By this moment every mare in the room knew what was going to happen.
"You are on your right to leave, I wont stop you. Do that or you can stay and fight next to me to have the oportunity of another day worth living."
>The mares started cheering and scatter up each one picking a gun of her convenience.
>Ponice was already flooding the lobby trying to open the door to the basement.
>Ready for the gunfight that was about to happen.
>>
>>27001915
if u liek it pls bump so it wont die when i cum back
>>
>>27001960
Bump
>>
>>27001960
Looks good
>>
>>27002463
Bump
>>
>>27001915
>Applejack was just exiting the building when the barrage of detonations started in the basement.
>She sigh and mumble to herself
>"Commissioner Applejack. What are your orders?"
"Round em all up. Catch em or Shot em... No exceptions.."
>Applejack put up her straight face once again. She had to be the strong pony right now.
>Meanwhile on the other side of the city another shoot out was going on for several minutes.
>That would be Lt. Rainbow Dash trying to catch Pinkie the Gypsy.
>Her name was fitting. Best alcohol bootlegger in all wide Equestria.
>Her reasoning: For the parties of course.
>Besides every other attempt of capturing her was frustated by what people called her Pinkie Sense.
>Crazy mare always run away before anything could be done. At least until today.
>Pinkie Pie's bar hide as a hangar was sorrounded by the Equestrian Elite Forces. Maybe Lt. Rainbow Dash went a bit overboard. Then again no pony is physically able to avoid a speeding bullet point blank. Which she did. At daily basis.
>Fom the outside the colts and mares are making lead rain into the hangar. Using their ponice carts to have some cover. Not that it helped so much.
>The old wooden place was being teared down as splinters flew from side to side.
>Pinkie Pie and Maud Pie were hidding behind a table.
"I only wanted to party!"
>Pinkie Pie yelled from the botton of her lungs.
"Its 1929 Rainbow Dash! Its time to lift up the cider prohibition!"
>Maud grabed a small colt revolver and shoot from behind the table.
>"Two down. Pinkie Pie you know what we have to do"
"I know I know let me think."
>She was getting anxious.
>All her "friends" left as soon as the shoot out started.
>She trusted them all and the few who stayed with her may now be death.
>Pinkie Pie sigh. There was no exit. No alternate routes. No plan B, C or even G. Only one option left.
>"We give up"
>Maud look at her nodding. They both stop shooting throwing their guns aside.
>Lt.Dash called a cease fire.
>>
>>27003354
Pretty good
>>
>>27003788
Bump
>>
>>27003354
>Walking inside the well damage building Rainbow Dash shrug as some debris fell on her shoulder.
>Both, the pink one and the rainbow one met eye to eye. Again.
>Pinkie Pie launched herself hugging Rainbow Dash
"Dashie how have you been!"
>Rainbow pushed her away
>"This is not a reunion Pinkie Pie"
"Duh. I know that but this is the first time we see each other and you are not trying to kill me"
>Rainbow sigh at that and look at away
>"You knew what you were doing"
"Yeah! Bringing happiness to my friends!"
>"Where are your friends now Pinkie Pie.. they all left you"
>Before she could even react Maud intervene.
>"She needs no friends. She has a sister that loves her."
"See Im going great. Now if you excuse me I would like to not be Mr. Hoovers catch today."
>She turned around and tried to run just to get her tail catch under Dash's hooves.
>"Not so fast Pink one."
>Barely glancing back Pinkie spoke
"You know I can out run you Dashie. Maybe if you could fly stories would be different."
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 736x565) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 736x565
>>
File: image.png (398 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.png
398 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>27005302
(Gotta continúe from phone. So no namefagging edit)

>Rainbow Dash moved her sole wing.
>The other had to be cut off due to an infection.
>It was her wing or her life
>Rainbow Dash is infuriated. She would beat up Pinkie Pie if she could. But the ponka pone was right.
>Earth ponies were naturally stronger and had all advantages on a hoof-on-hoof showdown.
>Unless
>As the sound of a revolver loading was hear Pinkie noticed that another young pegasus was pointing at Maud Pie from behind.
>She had an orange coat and small wings
“Where is your honor Rainbow Dash"
>This really was not Rainbow Dash. Making straight up back stabs like that.
>“Times change Pinkie. Ponies change. Ever since Twilight fell down at-
“You have no right to mention her. She fought for things you would never understand!"
>“Im not the one bootlegging cider inside the city! Hoofcuff!"
>A pair of hoofcuff magically locked up around Pinkie's four legs as well as Maud's.
>“Now walk it"
>Pinkie and Maud where forced inside a cart to later be driving over a bridge.
>Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, Pinkie Pie and Maud Pie were all facing each other.
>Only the sound of the cart moving and the water flowing under the bridge was heard
“Hey Dashie? Want to know why they call me the Gypsy?
>“You wouldn't. Their is no escape now"
>Pinkie Pie giggle as she wiggle her fluffy unclean tail.
>A small but obviously heavy black ball rolled from her tail.
>With a mischievous grin she said
“Smoke bomb"
>The cart got filled with thick black smoke as Pinkie and Maud jump of throwing themselves into the water.
>Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo used their wings to dissipated the smoke as she snarled.
>“Shot at em!"
>The water got heavily attack from the rest of the ponice officers.
>Yet no trace of the Pie sisters was found that day.
>>
>>27007952
Hope this is of your liking. Tell me your opinions.
>>
>>27008083
Will there be a part where prohibition is lifted and AJ and Dash have to live with the fact that they are responsible for killing their friends for selling something that was legal before and legal now?
>>
Decided to roll with my prompt. Got a name and everything. Yeah, there's already a Prohibition story, but I don't plan on this being as long as my other stuff.

>The sun has long since set.
>Rarity sits at her ornate desk, the only remnant of her once-luxurious lifestyle, in her barren study.
>The Carousel Speakeasy's miserable financial information sits in front of her, strewn on the desk.
>She picks up a cigarette and tries to light a match in her shaky magic.
>After the first few tries, it ignites, and she raises it to the cigarette.
>The first few puffs are quick and almost panicked, but her breaths soon change to slow, drawn out drags.
>A rapping on the door knocks her back into reality.
>"Come in," she says, almost dejectedly.
>The oak door swings open, and Rainbow Dash trots in.
>Her hair is messy as usual, vibrant colors muted, but it's an organized chaos.
>A gray suit, ironed and pressed, has a small stain on the collar.
>Rarity can't tell if that's blood, liquor, or something else, but she doesn't care.
>"Have you found us some hooch yet?" she asks.
>"Yes, darling. Most of the places have moved on from us poor saps, but Sweet Apple Acres has an unusually large amount ready. You can take-"
>She stops. Her brow furrows as she tries to recount the last seven years of automotive transfers.
>She begins muttering to herself. "Old Red's gone, Thunderlane wrapped it around a tree. Those are gone, those were sold, the Corinthian stole those in '25, Rainbow put that one into a ditch, so let's see-"
>"Rarity? There's the truck and the car."
>"Take the truck. I don't need to tell you how to do your job. Just, please, come back in one piece."
>"Ab-so-lute-ly."
>Rainbow Dash turns and leaves the room, but not before calling to Rarity behind her, still in her office.
>"They're waiting for you."
>Rarity laughs.
>"Who's left to wait for me?"
>Her gaze drifts to the window, where she can see just the glimpse of another grimy St. Louis street just past this one.
>>
>>27007952

Date: December 5, 1929.

Commissioner Applejacks Official Report.

Today the order No. 78(seventy eight) under the codename “The Scruffening" took place. The objective of this actions were to completely finish once and for all the illegal traffic of weaponry and cider. At 1300 (thirteen hundred) hours the factory Rarity & Fashion was seize. This complex had underground levels where weapons where both assembled and new designs were made. The approach of the officers was received with hostility. Three officers were injured and one was KIA(killed in action). The total number of 14 made corpses were lifted all confirmed members of the weapon traffic industry. Their ring leader Rarity, was found deceased on her sofa inside her private office. Autopsy confirm the cause of the death was multiple bullet impact in her torso, left hind leg, left front leg and excessive bleeding. In the Rarity & Fashion incident only one made was arrested. Under the name of Fluttershy, she sustained multiple impacts on her right wing and left leg. No fatal injuries. She was put to jail after her medical recovery had finished.
>>
>>27008369

>Down a few flights of stairs, and Rainbow makes it to the basement.
>She glides through the doors and into the cavernous room, decorated by shiny marble and gold leaf, lit by chandelier, with the band playing slowly as usual.
>Few ponies populate the tables or the bar, and they pay no attention to her as she makes her way to the maze behind the stage.
>As she extends a hoof to open the door, it bursts open, and Pinkie jumps out.
>Her mane is done short and curled, and she boasts a long, flowing dress and jewelry to match.
>"Hiya, Dashie!"
>"Hey, Pinks. Just about to head out. Can't keep watering down the watered-down gin, after all."
>"Is Spike going? I was going to teach him how to dance. There's a new one they're doing in New York called the Lindy Hop."
>"You slay me. Yeah, I was planning on bringing him along."
>"Well, have fun! I'll be mixing drinks and swinging these pearls around."
>"Try not to be too crazy."
>Rainbow turns back and steps through the door, but before she can make it through, Pinkie speaks up again.
>"Hey, what's with the suit?"
>"You think I could scare the Corinthians as much as I do now if I was in a dress like yours?"
>Pinkie lets out a small laugh.
>"I guess so. Well, have at it."
>Rainbow smiles and goes through the door.
>The hallway is much less finished than the speakeasy itself, lit by utilitarian lighting.
>Down the narrow hall, the space opens up into a small break room, where Spike usually waits.
>He knew there would be a run tonight, after all.
>She walks into the room and sees him with a cigarette in a claw and his hat in the other.
>"Does Twilight know you smoke?"
>"Does she know I come here every other night?"
>"Touché. Well, put that damn thing out and come on. We're heading out. Sweet Apple Acres."
>Spike puts his hat on and scurries over to Rainbow Dash, and she resumes her step.
>>
>>27008855
>triple dubs
Checked.

>Up the small staircase down the hall is the garage, which can be accessed through a trapdoor.
>Rainbow pushes it up, and enters the dimly lit room.
>She can hear the turning of a wrench somewhere in the room.
>She smiles. Big Mac must still be here.
>"Finally getting that junker I pulled off of those griffons to start?"
>"Eeyup."
>"Going well?"
>"Nope."
>"Well, I'll leave you to it then."
>She steps into the tired black truck, and Spike turns the crank to start it.
>After a few putters, the engine starts, and he hops in.
>Before Rainbow drives through the open garage door and into the alley, she sticks her head out the open window.
>"We're heading up to Sweet Apple Acres. You want me to tell AJ you're staying here?"
>"Eeyup."
>With no more words to exchange, she puts the truck in gear and drives off.
>St. Louis is active, even at this hour.
>Restaurants attract a few peckish ponies, and the few eateries that sell liquor under the counter after dark aren't doing to badly either.
>The hotel's lights are ablaze, a tall, towering monument to the everlasting prosperity of St. Louis and America as a whole.
>But there's nothing here for Rainbow right now that's not sitting drinking in the Carousel.
>Spike, though, doesn't deserve this.
>He has Twilight to take care of him, and her money in the stock market should last them until the Forties.
>Soon, the shops give way to bungalows, and the bungalows give way to farms and trees.
>Down one of these narrow country roads is Sweet Apple Acres.

And that's it for tonight. Try to keep the thread alive until I can write more tomorrow.
>>
>>27008650

>Prologue
>Morgue of Ponyville
>This document was found on the jacket of the pony previously known as Applejack.
>Age:40
>Height: 3'5 feet
>Weight: 275 pounds
>Cause of the death: Hanging by the neck until asphyxiation.
>Date if the event: December 6, 1933
>One day after the Prohibition had ended.
>>That's all. Hope y'all like it. If you actually liked for some fucking reason. Good. I'm glad you did. If you want to know why Twilight is not here. Well that's because she is from another time period.<<
>>
>>27009360
Sweet Jesus.
>>
>>27009428
Bump
>>
File: humanbean.png (780 KB, 853x1024) Image search: [Google]
humanbean.png
780 KB, 853x1024
A T H E I S T I C
>>
>>27011106
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.