[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MLP is dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 16
File: All I hear is screaming.png (436 KB, 1280x719) Image search: [Google]
All I hear is screaming.png
436 KB, 1280x719
That last episode was the most horrible thing I've ever seen.
It's clear all the good writers and staff have deserted the show. This is now a sinking ship.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAsP_77Y_xU

But people will keep watching no matter how bad it gets because of nostalgia. Expect a lot of apologists.
>>
>>26982294
K

Bye
>>
>>26982294
Then why are you still here?
>>
We have like five of these threads per day. You ever here of the Pavlov Effect? If you truly and wholly believe MLP is dead, it seems dead for you. For me it seems to gain more and more people everyday. Perspective.
>>
i found that episode pretty good
>>
>>26982294
Probably the worst directing ever because it made lampshaded every brony complaining about Pinkie's obnoxiousness through the use of background ponies.
It seems like to them the point wasn't to remove the problem, but to merely "address" it, give it even more popularity, make Pinkie's problem worse and act like they fixed it.

Pinkie's cancerous flanderization went to insanely the top this episode that the cancer spreaded to Rarity.

Plus let's not forget the silent autist character they introduced.
>>
We need a hasdrone-free zone.

For fucks sake we needed a cancerous-free zone since May 2011 when summer was coming and Faust announced she quit the show.
>>
File: Rarara channels Ponka.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Rarara channels Ponka.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>26982326
This t b h
You faggots clearly have no taste
>>
>>26982330
What the fuck are you even on about? Pinkie's loud obnoxiousness has been a thing since s1e1. It wasn't "addressed" in this episode as if it's been "fixed," it's a cute recognition that everyone in ponyville basically ignores that shit, but anywhere else, it's gonna get looks. One of the cutest things about the episode imo.
>>
>>26982294
>>26982511
Feel free to leave whenever you like.
Or don't, and continue to complain and cry about how the show is dead while the rest of us continue to enjoy the show.
>>
>>26982294

First its called FiM, mlp is far from dying
Second, the ep was sweet, not everything has to be a DBZ fight or complex mind break games
Third, if you dont like the show, quit
>>
Trolling is against the rules
>>
>>26982642
Why don't you go tell that to your buddies at EqD, shill?
>>
>>26983283
You are against the rules.
>>
>>26982294

Just calm your tits, it wasn't that bad.

In any case, this going to be the last season and the movie will be the finale.
>>
>>26983333
Quads of truth
>>
"The show is dead" -Anon, 2011
"The show is dead" -Anon, 2012
"The show is dead" -Anon, 2013
"The show is dead" -Anon, 2014
"The show is dead" -Anon, 2015
"The show is dead" -Anon, 2016
I wonder what 2017 holds.
>>
File: image.png (253 KB, 808x636) Image search: [Google]
image.png
253 KB, 808x636
>>26982294
The only episode I have disliked in all these years of pone has been What About Discord, but the recent episode bumps that up to two episodes I did not enjoy. The forced amount of times Ponka used her canon, the sudden revelation that Rarara is unable to be quiet about trivial things for some reason, Maud's autism turned up tenfold, the overactive expressions, the poor pacing… None of it was in any way enjoyable. That's not even including the forced fandom memes.

They completely killed my waifu in this episode, she is nothing more than a gag character. The small amount of substance she had left is gone, and her entire personality is now rooted in her props rather than her emotions and drives.
>>
>we're ALL pretending to like the show because of nostalgia.
or
>OP has shit taste and needs to give himself a 40th trimester abortion.

Gee, i wonder which is more likely?
>>
>>26982294
That's what you say about EVERY episode.
>>
>>26983414
>we're ALL pretending to like the show because of nostalgia

Nostalgia from 2011, I assume.
>>
>>26983392
It's your fault for having literally the worst taste in wifu possible. I bet everything you liked about her was all headcanon shit with no basis in evidence to begin with.
>>
>>26982326

so much this
>>
>>26983414
Nesimtiti sunt astia. 5 ani si nu s-au schimbat nici un pic. Ce mentalitie de tigani.
>>
>>26982326
It was great, OP a cunt.
>>
>>26982544
You retards have the lowest taste buds in existence. You faggots eat with your ass, not with your mouth.
>>
>>26982642
How the fuck can you lie with a such a straight face? Are you a professional denier?
>>
>>26983516
What I liked about her was that every time she was onscreen she made me smile. Besides, worst taste in waifu is Fluttershy.
>>
The fug happened to this place? I leave for one year and now everything is horrible.

Serious question, the board feels limp and sad now.
>>
>>26983620
Measly people need to make everyone measly.
>>
>>26983620
Fans of the fandom. But really it's one guy who's been spamming these threads since yesterday
>>
File: 1459443051701.gif (1 MB, 253x236) Image search: [Google]
1459443051701.gif
1 MB, 253x236
>>26983620
There seems to be a huge number of people here who actively hate the show but for some reason continue to watch it and circlejerk about how bad it is instead of fucking off.

I swear this is the only cartoon I see this happening with. If somebody doesn't like the new season of let's say, Spongebob or Steven Universe they stop watching, and that's the end.

But with MLP it's all "I absolutely HATE what the show has become but I'll keep watching and telling everybody how much I hate it". It's honestly the most autistic thing I've ever seen.
>>
>>26983566
That's a great rebuttal to my point with any evidence. Good job, you really showed me.
>>
>>26983392
Everything has been the same since season 1, you are just bored with the show.
>>
>>26983674
Sa-mi bag pula in tine de ipocrit imputit.
>>
>>26983700
Da du-te dracu si spanzurate odata.
>>
>>26983662
My personal theory is that they fall into one of two categories:
1: got into pony around 17-19. Had great feelings about the show and the culture surrounding it. Now they're mid 20s and have outgrown it, but they remember it with such fondness and think the show changed, when really their tastes did.

2: people who had never belonged to a large community/circle of friends/fandom, and would never have legitimately liked the show without all the fan content surrounding it. They conflate the "serious" and "intellectual" stuff they read into s1 and 2 as thigs that were actually in the show.

I'm not saying anybody who disagrees or doesn't like an episode is like this. Some episodes are shit and some seasons are weak as fuck. I'm just talking about these people ho vitriolically shit on every episode or the ones who are not shitposting and insist everything past s2 is shit.
>>
>>26983735
Is this Romanian?
>>
File: ponk.png (221 KB, 1112x1124) Image search: [Google]
ponk.png
221 KB, 1112x1124
>>26983662
I think you'll find that when pone was banned from /b/ a load of closet cases that really like the show but weren't secure enough in their manlyness or heterosexuality to admit it went into cold turkey.

The only option was move to /mlp/ and hang out here justifying it to themselves as 'just trolling'.

and for the record, the episode was ok. better than most shows but not the best, I won't skip it if I watch through again (unlike princess spike for example)
>>
>>26982676
Feel free to give me a place where to leave to so I can finally stop interacting with you autistic hypocritical cunts.
>>
>>26983882
>>>/trash/
>>
>>26983882
8 chan mlphate
>>
You are dead inside m8
>>
>>26983882
He's/we're not hypocritical, you are
>>
File: starlightglimmer35.png (9 KB, 566x744) Image search: [Google]
starlightglimmer35.png
9 KB, 566x744
>This one autist literally can't stop shitposting because misery loses company and it can't stand people enjoying themselves.
>>
>>26983700
If I were bored with the show I would've not enjoyed the premiere, but I did. Do not make assumptions.
>>
File: 1457224535784.jpg (104 KB, 1240x1240) Image search: [Google]
1457224535784.jpg
104 KB, 1240x1240
>>26983942
Literally this. Does it really make some people mad that a lot of horsefuckers are content with cute ponies doing cute things?
>>
>>26983942
Anon, you are a shining light in a septic tank.

Le upboat
>>
>>26983538
Și de ce răspunzi în Română? dont be a fag and speak in a language everyone understands
>>
>>26983538
Parla inglese, fottuta scimmia
>>
>>26982326
Aside from PP being a bit annoying in the first third or half and the resolution being so-so, it was basically everything I like about the show in one episode. Much better than the season premier, which I did not like.

OP's a miserable moron with no taste.
>>
File: 1455206832862.png (4 MB, 4000x2482) Image search: [Google]
1455206832862.png
4 MB, 4000x2482
>>26983392
>The forced amount of times Ponka used her canon
She's always used her cannon a lot. Castle Sweet Castle, Sweet and Elite, that one time she jumped up with it, froze, and then slowly floated back down...

>The sudden revelation that Rarara is unable to be quiet about trivial things
What...? She simply broke under Maud's overwhelming presence, as anyone would have.

>Maud's autism turned up tenfold
It was actually around the same level it's always been. I don't see how you can overdo an already one-note character.

>They completely killed my waifu in this episode, she is nothing more than a gag character.
As a Pinkiefag, you REALLY should have seen this coming. When she's not the main focus of the episode, she's literally only there for comic relief. This has been true since she instigated a war between the bulls and the settler ponies in S1. Also, if you don't like silly, loud, funny Ponka you probably never really liked her as she was in the show in the first place.
>>
>>26982642
He and other retards like OP have no idea what they are talking about. They just string together words they barely understand if that to bitch a lot. Then when they get called out for it they get more buzzwords from their small bag of tricks ie Hasdrone, shill
>>
>>26983957
If you enjoyed the premier but not the latest episode then your taste is bizarre and bad that I don't know what to say.
>>
>>26982326
Same. It was one of the more entertaining slice of life episodes we've had recently.
>>
It's a shame that "do you even watch the show?" has turned into "why do you even watch the show?"
>>
>>26982294
I can't help but feel like it is just the same guy spamming things like "The good writers have left and the others are leaving" or "MLP is a dead husk, a sinking ship, just an easy moneygrab anymore" while also constantly complaining that every new episode is horrible.

I haven't seen the last episode yet, but you describing it as "the most horrible I've ever seen" kind of loses its touch if I have greatly enjoyed the first two episodes of s6 already and you also said that they were horrible. Actually, now that you are hating it, I am starting to think that I might really enjoy watching them.

Why are you even here anyways? You obviously don't like the show anymore, so I guess you are here for the fandom. But at the same time you are shitting up the entire board with your constant depressive whining about how much of a shit mlp has become. So I am not sure what your goal here is.
Do you just want people to agree with you and that's why you keep spamming the same thing over and over again?
Are you just having a bad week? Are you depressed? Did nostalgia make you think the other seasons were a hundred times better and more sophisticated?
>>
>>26984226
Not the OP. I liked the most recent episode but I am shocked that the premier is not getting absolutely shit on. It was pretty bad, the large portion with Spike/Shimmer/Sunburst aside.
>>
>>26984164
Two different things
The former is towards people who make dumbass statements or ask obvious questions, the latter is to people who lurk here only to troll the board and talk about how much it sucks
>>
>>26982330
>>26982642
>>26983301
>>26983566
>>26984055
You might want to rewatch season 1 and check how ponies in Canterlot reacted to Pinkie - especially at the GGG.
>>
>>26984295
>how ponies in Canterlot reacted to Pinkie
Is not related to the original point you made.
>>
>>26984256
Not the OP, I'm just legitimately curious why people still hang around here if they hate the show that much.

Objectively, I could see feeling meh about about the last episode but I have no idea how somebody could claim it was one of the worst. How did these people survive season 3?
>>
File: pinkiepie36.gif (894 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
pinkiepie36.gif
894 KB, 500x281
>>26984337
My bad friend, I misread what you meant.
>>
>>26982294
>>That last episode was the most horrible thing I've ever seen.
>>But people will keep watching no matter how bad it gets because of nostalgia.
Then it wasn't the most horrible thing you've ever seen. You're still going to watch it.
>>
L>>26982294
Yes ponies are dead
Yes everything that made it fun to watch is now gone
And yes we still watch it because we still want to know what will happen with our waifus and friends once we see the credit screen for the last time
>>
>>26982294
>Expect a lot of apologists
/mlp/ is already filled with apologists for shitty writing.
>>
>>26984263
We call that "contrarianism", /v/ is absurdly guilty and their shit mentality has spread to all corners of 4chan.
>>
>>26982294
I bet you thought Slice of Life was a masterpiece you gutless pleb.
>>
File: gtfooxford.png (38 KB, 614x368) Image search: [Google]
gtfooxford.png
38 KB, 614x368
>>26982294
Sure thing famalamadingdong.
>>
>>26985748
black people, stop using emoji's. they're for individuals that already have a grip on the english language. not for your retarded asses to avoid inevitable spelling and grammar mistakes stemming from a shit education.
>>
>>26983882
>>
>>26982294
first world problems
>>
File: Rarity icon.png (52 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Rarity icon.png
52 KB, 300x300
>>26982544
Rarity scene enhanced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd2FWhM3RME
>>
>>26983343
"The show is ending" -Anon, 2017 :^)
>>
>>26983942
Shut up, glimmerfag. You shilling crazy bitch.
>>
Misery loves company, but hell is others...

Starlight Glimmer was a mistake, should have used a preexisting character.
It's irrelevant anyway, just make your own canon. Write the seasons how you think they should have been.
>>
>>26986586
Adding new characters midway though a shows lifetimes tells us that they are running out of ideas. Another example is how they just play off already existing stories with a moral and add pony to it. Fucking newfag writers
>>
File: 1452059037447.png (208 KB, 350x518) Image search: [Google]
1452059037447.png
208 KB, 350x518
Why do people like OP want other people to hate the show after a "terrible" episode.
Seems like they feel a little uncomfortable with leaving the ride on their own.
>>
>>26982294
It's impressive how they still manage to set new records for the shittiest episodes ever in the show after everything they've already done.

>Owls That Ends Well. Fuck your owl, you ruined the only chance of Spike getting a good episode.
>Discord/Q is the worst, most annoying character ever, no wait! Assertive Fluttershy is.
>Lesson Zero is the worst flanderization ever, no wait that's Mare Do Well, May Best Pet Win and Read it or Weep It.
>No! Noo! put that down! You maniacs! You burned it all to hell, god damn you to purgatory. *Luna Eclipsed*
>Canterlot Wedding, Twilight's cringy song about her non existant idiot brother.
>Spike saving the crystal empire. The "test" forced by Celestia.
>Scootaloo and Luna's dream episode.
>Wonderbolts episodes
>That wasted switch personalities episode(magical mistery cure)
>Nightmare Moon and Everfree Forest backstory still unwritten
>Princess Twilight
>Maud Pie
>Mooncancer
>Hoofss and the McColts
>Yaks episode
>Redeeming a hypocritical social justice warrior character
>>
>>26986708
And forgot the worst dissapointment: Equestria Games, the one Spike episode set in the crystal empire which has been foreshadowed for 2 seasons.
>>
Non pony fag here

Is this true? Has the downfall of this fandom finally begun?
>>
>>26986718
You mean probably one of the best episodes in the series? I get it, no one likes it and we all refuse to acknowledge it because he's a male character. But it's true.
>>
File: 1411671307764.png (170 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1411671307764.png
170 KB, 600x600
I enjoy it because it's good, clean, fun.

stop trying to push your views just because you don't like the show anymore, you don't have to try and justify why you don't like it anymore.

Just let it go anon, let it go, the ride is over for you, accept it and move on.
>>
>>26986873
0.03 cents have been to your bank account, loyal drone.
>>
>>26986897
Great your autism finally got to me, I'm forgetting words now.
>>
>>26986897
I can't even state a fucking opinion anymore without being called a shill. If what I said upsets you, actually present an argument.
>>
>>26982511
>I want a safe space
Literally fuck off to tumblr
>>
>>26986881
>clean
MLP is still a taboo thing to watch and most people who do aren't sane in the head.
>>
>>26986837
No
>>
File: 1378618348598.png (158 KB, 853x475) Image search: [Google]
1378618348598.png
158 KB, 853x475
>>26986926
I'm pretty sure he means the show is clean fun, because it is
>>
>>26986913
Wow what is this? The 4 thousand. No, the 45 thousand time that an asshole drone says the sky is silver, gets told he's a retard and then acts all butthurt about it. Then vehemently asks for arguments/substance when he himself has none to offer, like a hypocrite smoking in your face.
>>
>>26986981
You have nothing of substance to provide other than claiming that I am parroting an opinion of someone else. That is not the case, in fact the reason you are so upset with me is because my unpopular opinion went so far against the grain of what is acceptable that you assumed that there could be no justification for it other than being compensated for it.

I feel like the episode handled development of a rarely used character well, had a pretty good moral with a character for whom this moral would have the most impact on, and inherently didn't turn itself into a stock story about sports. Sure it was underwhelming at first as the conclusion to the arc, but looking back it gave us a good moment for a character that rarely gets/got them, and that makes it valuable.
>>
>>26986837
No downfall unless an entire season is shit. The first two episodes of S6 have been 6/10-ish and the new one is better but not phenomenal.
>>
>>26983343
>I wonder what 2017 holds
The movie.
And Season 7
The ride never something something...
>>
>>26986837
No. People have always been like this. It is nothing new.
Look, we are like four episodes in a new season and people are already screaming "MLP IS DED" at the top of their lungs.

Spoiler: mlp is no ded
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.