[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, we can drop the act. No one actually thinks that a spin-off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 22
Alright, we can drop the act. No one actually thinks that a spin-off where all the ponies turn into humans in high school was a good idea, right? There's waifufaggotry of certain characters, sure, maybe even an original idea here or there. But it definitely would all be better if they were all in Equestria as ponies, right?

But for real: how do you think EqG will be remembered compared to the main series? I think EqG will age much, much more poorly than FiM if only because of the faddish nature of its existence and the technology/setting they used.
>>
>>26973263
EQG>>>FIM
>>
>>26973302
This
>>
File: meh.gif (424 KB, 800x676) Image search: [Google]
meh.gif
424 KB, 800x676
>>26973263
The first movie was shit, yes.
Second one was better.
Third one was about equal with the second one.
And I have only seen each one once.
They are just movies and I don't give a shit about them.
But they give us the nude edit threads and Sunset shimmer to fuck around with in greens so I can't be autistic and bitch about their existence.
>>
>>26973332
I'm actually trying to discuss it, and look at it from the outside.
>>
>>26973263
it was poorly executed
if they hadn't used it to compete with MH, it could have been great

BUT they seem to be moving away from the high school setting, so hopefully they will go the route of Shimmer and friends exploring their world while discovering how magic is affecting their world
it has potential to be decent to good if it were to become a tv or webisode series
>>
Why would Applejack or RD wear a skirt?
>>
>>26973386
School dress code requires a skirt?
>>
>>26973355
>look at it from the outside.
well, then you're only going to get replies of it being shit and a shit stain on mlp and that it should never have existed in the first place
people will take Twilicorn over EqG
>>
>>26973376
The problem was the thing that they were trying to compete with was garbage too.
>>
>>26973400
That's racist
>>
>>26973263
It was actually a pretty good idea, but poorly executed.
>>
>>26973443
true, they could have done a BETTER job of it instead of a basic copy paste
though I am glad that the final designs of the characters are not like the dolls

>>26973490
sexist
get your terms correct, dumbler
>>
File: 93.jpg (152 KB, 878x900) Image search: [Google]
93.jpg
152 KB, 878x900
>>26973302
>>26973323
>>
>>26973263
I don't reallly understand this mentality. Why the fuck do you care if there are two 20 minutes ads for toys or one? Nobody would force you to watch it anyway.
>>
>>26973564
I'm not upset about it. I'm just wondering how it will be remembered compared to the series itself and maybe if that some of us are too far gone to realize that it is a really bizarre concept.

I've seen people uninvolved with the fandom begin to understand the appeal of the show when they look at it a little deeper, but EqG is always a total joke to them just inherently in concept. It's an interesting perspective.
>>
File: 849659.png (250 KB, 765x592) Image search: [Google]
849659.png
250 KB, 765x592
>>26973498
This.

A human Equestria is a perfectly interesting concept.

But the whole highschool bullshit was a terrible way to do it.
>>
>>26973710
I don't see why it's actually necessary, though. The stuff that you can't do in regular Equestria that you can do even in this not-highschool-focused "Equestria" is rather limited or unappealing.
>>
>>26973263
What's so faddish about High School? It's a popular setting. People like it when they can relate to the characters more and EG highschool setting and more humanoid apperance helps. Hell in Japan it was EqG that led to the dubbing of more FiM episodes since EG did well enough unlike the show there.
I think EG might in the future might be considered as a decent spin off.
>>
>>26973302
>>26973323
lowest of quality bat
>>
>>26973841
It's also an incredibly cliche setting that is very easily made fun of. Even generic fantasy like the show often is is more respected than high school settings, and for good reason. Very few people who have actually gone to high school want to see a story set in it, especially one that has a very unrealistic and straight depiction of it.

There's a reason normies laughed so much at the concept, high school settings are the epitome of selling out.

And no, Friendship Games did absolutely terribly and its toys failed. The only thing EqG is going to get after 4 is probably more of those Mini shorts. Hasbro is going to try to focus on their other new audience and actually give a shit about it.
>>
>>26973263
An idea that shouldn't have been put into action?

yeah, maybe.

but EQG isn't a bad idea, in fact it was a perfect idea, and here's why.

it played on the male teenager/young adult demographic by making the already attractive characters young human females, with designs that many think are just as adorable.

so in other words...it is an idea that makes little sense in a logical sort of way.

"My Little Pony no longer about horses?"

However, due to the unique demographic that watches MLP:FiM, other businesses being successful with similar products (proving that there is a demand for High School drama type stuff.) EQG Was the perfect idea for the situation from a business standpoint.

and before anyone complains about Hasbro making it an add for buying toys...yes, MLP:FiM IS an overglorified toy commercial, as is EQG. It is first and foremost for selling toys, it was created for that reason, and for that reason it will remian.
>>
>>26974490
It didn't end up having the lasting appeal though. It was too weird as a concept for many and didn't really work with the "MLP for older girls" concept because this gen of MLP was defined by its mass appeal of all ages and both males and females.

If anything I wonder why they didn't go with Guardians of Harmony first. It's less controversial of a step and is something a lot of people wanted from day one.
>>
>>26973332
>First EQG is bad, others are not
Every single person who thinks that way is a fucking ignorant faggot who deserves a good beating for being such a pathetic bastard with literally zero ability to form an actual independent opinion.
Which means there's hella lot of these faggots, but what you can do with that.
>>
>>26974575
i actually really liked the first EQG. the songs were catchy and the art style worked well. the third is comparable to the first if not worse.
>>
>>26974546
no it didn't last.

however. I'm sure it did well while it lasted.

But until I see some business graphs on it's sales and profits...I can't prove that.

personally I liked the EQG movies, but it wouldn't have made much of a difference to me if they never made it.

I just want everyone to aknowledge that the community's humanized fanart of FiM is what spawned it.
>>
>>26974662
The quarter results showed that FiM grew while EqG did not.

EqG couldn't even last five years as a concept.
>>
>>26974688
>Not providing sources.
>>
>>26974781
Hasbro's Q4 2015 results.
>>
>>26974490
>adorable designs
I keep trying - and keep failing - to understand how anyone who doesn't posses a mental capacity of a diapered toddler could ever think that shit is adorable. I've seen a lot of fucking cartoons but I don't remember anything that would come close to how disgustingly ugly EQG really is. Seriously, that franchise deserves an anti-award. You couldn't and wouldn't think of something as shitty as EQG and then make three movies about it if you fucking tried.

I made the mistake of attending a local brony meetup once. The...unique scale of personalities aside, you could draw a clear line between the really fucking stupid retards and the...smarter ones just by asking their opinion of EQG. The dumber they got, the more positive their answers were. It was an interesting sight to behold.
>>
>>26974818
Thank you.
>>
>>26974826
Biggest fans of EqG I've seen are foreigners, young girls, and fans of the fandom. It's weird.
>>
>>26974826
I enjoy the EQG movies in their own right.

but FiM is just better.
>>
>>26974688
Anon, these result are about toys. You saw EQG toys, right?
>>
>>26974885
Well, I did talk about a small meetup in a basement pub somewhere in Europe, so that makes all its guests foreigners for you, if I'm right in asuming you're an American.

Then again, that makes me a foreigner as well and I wouldn't be staying up late at 1 AM, if I liked EQG.
>>
File: Mini Shimmy.jpg (53 KB, 388x601) Image search: [Google]
Mini Shimmy.jpg
53 KB, 388x601
look at how cute these minis are
>>
>>26974970
I wouldn't be staying up late at 1 AM, writing all this shit, if I liked EQG is what I meant.
>>
>>26974960
Yeah, but the toys not doing well means it gets less interest.

>>26974970
Honestly I really meant that all of the huge EqGfags I've seen are from Latin America. Matches up with the sales Hasbro reported. That region itself is probably pushing more EqG. They love it that much.
>>
>>26974997
>Hasbro is selling furry toys to children
I hate this day and age
>>
>>26975015
>furry
>>
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 109x62) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 109x62
>>26973850
>>
>>26975031
The ears/wings make it anthro.
>>
>>26975048
>anthro
>>
>>26975004
The worst cancer right after EQG were Spanish threads so yeah, that matches up.
>>
>>26975091
Amazing how everything just fits, isn't it?
>>
>>26975046
is this a bat for ants?
>>
>>26974546
What are you talking aboot? EqG did have lasting appeal. Shit, just look at all the yootube videos. Welcome to the Show from Rainbow Rocks is the #1 watched MLP video at almost 90 million views. Look at Hasbro's official youtube, all of the top videos are almost all EqG.
EqG does appeal to the target audience, they like High School and EqG designs have them be humanoid enough to appeal to older girls but also pony enough for brand recognition.
The biggest problem with EqG sales last year, and Hasbro admitted this, is that the toys only get one yearly movie. This obviously hurts sales because the product isn't being advertised often enough. Compare this to the show which gets year round advertisement to the toys.
The only logical step is to make a series about it t b h
>>
>>26974575
>no one can hold a belief that's similar to someone else's without copying them
Please kill yourself you fucking retard
>>
>>26975140
Also I think a lot of EqG support comes from foreign markets. As I mentioned earlier, the show was cancelled in Japan because it didn't do so well. When EqG was introduced to Japan it did well enough that they decided to dub more FiM episodes.
>>
>>26975140
Gangnam Style is literally the most watched video in history of the internet, and nobody is talking about it today anymore.
>>
Can't wait for EqGfag tears when they announce the show/movie Guardians of Harmony is getting.
>>
>>26975204
It's literally just a toyline you dumbass
There were like 20 fucking threads about it
>>
>>26975178
So? People are still talking about EqG and making fan art of it.
>>
>>26975218
Yeah. Which is why it got the same trademark for animation that EqG did. Right.
>>
>>26975240
The higher you get, the harder you fall
>>
>>26975273
>on-going animated television series for children
>on-going
as in FiM; not something new
>>
>>26975321
Equestria Girls has the same trademark. It would not need this trademark were it just in FiM. Season themes for example don't need trademarks like this.
>>
>>26975204
>EqGfags can't like FiM too

I like both, but prefer FiM because it's been around longer and has a better story,lore and character growth

EqG still has potential to be more
>>
>>26973263
I'm glad you brought this up, it always was and still is an abomination. Unfortunately the majority of us seem to have accepted it now.
>>
>>26975417
Because it got better
People can disagree with you, Anon; your opinion isn't factual
>>
>>26975417
Grow up faggot
>>
>>26975452
better shit is still shit.
>>
>>26975464
You ought to follow your own advice.
>>
>>26975479
But it's not shit lol
>>
>>26975417
I really don't mind as long as they keep an open mind.
>>
Does anyone have ACTUAL proof that eqg is cancelled? Isn't there another movie set to release this year?

Until we get confirmation from Hasbro themselves, there's no reason to think Guardians is replacing it. Especially since eqg has done so well in japan and other countries.

Seems like everyone who keeps saying it's cancelled are the anons who dislike it the most.
>>
>>26977574
It's probably not cancelled. There is a movie coming out this year. We just don't know what is going to happen after that. I'd guess they want to do something more with those EqG Minis since that is the only part of the franchise that actually sells well.
>>
>>26977587
that's because they are more accurate to the movies than the dolls
>>
>>26973302
It had potential. They squandered it.

It isn't bad, per se, but never reached the level it could have.
>>
>>26977629
the 4th one will be taking place in the woods, so they ARE getting away from the school setting
>>
>>26977644
...for a school prom set in a different location. It's barely anything.
>>
>>26977662
you have more info on the new movie?
I heard it takes place at a camp in the woods
>>
>>26974575
First AND third were bad. Second had interesting villains, inspired voice acting, and outstanding music.

What now, el smoker of cocks?
>>
>>26977688
Official synopsis:
>"When Camp Everfree is in danger of closing down, the MY LITTLE PONY EQUESTRIA GIRLS use their newfound super abilities and throw a Crystal Gala fundraiser to show their support and help save camp!"

>Fundraiser cliche
>Prom cliche at the end already revealed
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-16-13-04-19.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-16-13-04-19.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>26973263
The movie can't compare to the show but on the other hand the human rule 34 is pretty great
>>
>>26977715
well, I can hope it changes
because the original synopsis for FG was that Sunset was homesick and that whole angle got cut out
>>
>>26977783
Nah, they've already got the whole Crystal Prom thing planned out.
>>
>>26973263
EQG is fun and goodhearted. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>26977796
damn, this does deflate my hype a little
but we'll see how they handle it
but:
Gala: a social occasion with special entertainments or performances
so it may not be a prom, but like a carnival or something like it
source on the prom confirmed?
>>
>>26977715
>>26977796
Can you even read?
It's about Summer Camp, not prom
>>
>>26977870
Anon, they're all in high school. It's a prom no matter how you slice it, just like how the first movie had a "fall formal." Same shit, different name.

I think they showed dolls with prom dresses based on hippy fashion, too.

>>26977892
It's about a "Crystal Gala" to save a summer camp. Half of the dolls are dressed in crystal fashion, half in hippy stuff that the new character Gloriosa is involved with.
>>
Well it was a horrible idea, and the first movie was pretty awful. But I really think they did a good job salvaging the concept in the second and third. Also, aside from the freakish proportions, they're quite sexy, especially Lyra.
>>
>>26973505
Actually it's ableist, since it opresses the girls' ability to express their age gender.
>>
>>26975015
They had cheetara action figure when I was a kid
>>
>>26977908
Not that anon, but are you saying any school function is automatically a prom?

The first movie had the fall formal with crowning a princess. That was a prom.

Second movie had the battle of the bands.

Third movie had the friendship games.

They've been different each time, but if they do go for another prom setting this time, that will be a legitimate reason to be upset. Hopefully they just stick with the fundraiser aspect.
>>
>>26978513
Those are all three things that are cliche high school plots.

The prom setting is the point, the fundraiser IS the prom.
>>
>>26978536
there's only a limited pool for hasbro to market their new fashion dolls. Monster High does the same shit.
>>
>>26978556
Hence why Equestria Girls was a bad idea to begin with.
>>
>>26978561
it's not a bad idea, it's just hasbro isn't allowing for more diverse storylines.
>>
>>26978574
There's nothing interesting that couldn't just be done in the show itself.
>>
>>26978602
including adding humans? EqG is like FiM: there to be a toy commercial for hasbro's products. nothing can change that.
>>
>>26978602
The mane 6 can't/don't have to deal with human problems that their eqg counterparts do. Like it's been said, it would be more interesting to see the girls outside of school and dealing with real world subjects besides school.
>>
>>26978660
I could swear that in an interview of Faust in 2012, prior to EqG being a thing, she said that she had a plan if Hasbro ever demanded humans be put in the show. I just can't find proof. I might be wrong.
>>
>>26973416
I like EqG.
>>
>>26978673
never heard that. last time faust was here she expressed her contempt for the EqG designs.
>>
>>26978710
all she saw were the dolls themselves
>>
>>26978749
Pretty funny considering the line she did all had stick figure proportions too.
>>
>>26978602
This. Nobody gives a shit about things like texting and fucking high school prom. EQG is just a repository for shit, cliche ideas WITHOUT the benefit of the characters being ponies.

It's beyond me why anyone would honestly like that shitpile.
>>
>>26974575
>you're only an independent thinker if you like and dislike the things I tell you to

I formed opinions on all three movies by watching them. How other people felt about them didn't factor in.
>>
>>26978749
>>26978825
Just goes to show that Faust herself ignored a lot of hasbro's shit while she was working on fim. And when it got to a point she couldn't take anymore, she left.

Which is a shame. If she had stayed, hasbro still would have issued all the shitty mandates, but at least she could have had a hand in them. Who knows where we'd be now? Everything could have turned out halfway decent.

Take eqg for example. I'd have loved to see what her version of it would have been like. At the very least, it would have been written better.
>>
>>26979224
>If she had stayed, hasbro still would have issued all the shitty mandates, but at least she could have had a hand in them.

This is the biggest thing that ticks me off about her departure. If she had only toughed it out things could have been different. But she didn't, and Meghan basically ascended to the heavens of Hasbro because of it, where she's in a position that I think Lauren would have killed to be in.

That's why I'm not as huge a Lauren dickrider as so many on this board seem to be. Yeah she was great, but she's gone now, and we gotta deal.
>>
>>26978846
>Nobody gives a shit about things like texting and fucking high school prom
Obviously, which is why everyone says that the first movie is shit
The other ones focus on magic and things that are actually interesting
>>
>>26979320
But it would make so much more sense and be so much more interesting if it were in Equestria and without the dumb gimmicks.
>>
File: goddammit.png (92 KB, 297x268) Image search: [Google]
goddammit.png
92 KB, 297x268
>>26979320
>The other ones focus on magic and things that are actually interesting
Oh, you mean things that FiM can do way better? Face it m8, the only thing good about EQG is the magical elements shoehorned in from the better show. Sirens, friendship magic, and the like.

There was no need for this spinoff. Thankfully the real pony movie is coming out to wipe this stain from the face of the earth.
>>
>>26979331
No fucking shit, but it wasn't
The ideas were used to bring life to the series instead of just halfassing it like they did in the first movie
Judging something based on what could have been done as opposed to what did happen is retarded
>>
>>26979331
but then they couldn't sell a doll line of humanized ponies.
>>
>>26979359
/thread
>>
>>26979354
And even better: a pony spin-off will wipe memory of this one.
>>
>>26979354
>Face it m8, the only thing good about EQG is the magical elements shoehorned in from the better show
None if it was shoehorned in because EqG has had magical aspects to it since the first movie and because it's connected to the show universe
And the Sirens were made specifically for EqG
>Thankfully the real pony movie is coming out to wipe this stain from the face of the earth
The movies will still exist and so will the people who like them
Season 4 didn't get rid of the discussion for EqG
Season 5 didn't get rid of the discussion for RR
And people are talking about FG today
It's all because EqG is a part of the series; not something totally different like you fags try to make it out to be
>>
>>26979424
>It's all because EqG is a part of the series
No matter how many times you spout this meme, it's not coming true, DEqGenerate. Sunset will never be in the show and the two series will remain separate. All the stupid high school human bullshit will stay in the containment series, thank the fucking lord.

>and people are talking about FG today
Ah yes, "I want to fuck humanized Pinkie" greentext thread #352. Lots of awesome movie discussion going on in those threads m8.
>>
>>26979462
I've actually tried to discuss the movies before. There was shockingly little interest. I think most just stay in generals.
>>
>>26979462
your denial is delicious.
>>
>>26979479
Gee, it's almost like the movies themselves are generic tween Disney channel specials and most of /mlp/s interest in them stems from wanting to fuck high school girls.

>>26979499
I'm lovin' the new episode where Shimmer returns to Equestria and gets taken on as Twilight's student and joins the M6!

Oh wait.
>>
>>26979462
>No matter how many times you spout this meme, it's not coming true
There is no fucking meme you delusional faggot
You've become so engulfed by your hate for a cartoon movie starring magical ponies that you can't even read anymore
No one is talking about Sunset cameos or episodes about humans in FiM; we're talking about the fact that the two worlds are physically connected by the portal, which is evidence against your claim that the magical aspects are "shoehorned" in
Anti-EqGfags always get triggered so easily
>Ah yes, "I want to fuck humanized Pinkie" greentext thread #352. Lots of awesome movie discussion going on in those threads m8.
How does the existence of one thing disprove the existence of another
There's shitty generals about fucking ponies, too, so does that mean that no one discusses the show?
>>26979479
You're obviously not going to the threads that I do because I talk about the movies every day
If you want to discuss the movies, you should just find the right place to discuss it
>>
>>26979505
An episode where sunset visits and ends up reconciling with Celestia would be plausible. Plus watching the drama and delicious tears will be glorious
>>
>>26979520
What episode of the show does the portal appear in?
>>
File: 1441675476137.gif (175 KB, 683x683) Image search: [Google]
1441675476137.gif
175 KB, 683x683
>>26979505
>all of this asshurt over Shimmer when no one was talking about her
Try not to make it so obvious next time, Glimmerfag
>>
>>26979537
The movies
Which is what we're discussing, you fucking moron
>>
>>26979551
>inb4 he replies "where in an episode of FiM does the mirror/portal get mentioned"
>>
>>26979551
The movies are shit and will never be explicitly referenced in the show. I'm not sure what more there is to discuss.
>>
>>26979559
That doesn't relate to what we're talking about even remotely, lad
You can take a (You), though
>>
>>26979559
>in b4 he posts the cap from Threes a Crowd despite that being something not originally written into the script
>in b4 he tries to say that it makes absolutely everything in EqG in continuity
>>
>>26979559
then explain why the movies reference actual FiM locations.
>>
>>26979522
Nah. As much as I woud like it it's not gonna happen. The staff doesn't want to do that nor Hasbro. At best it will be off screen
>>
I hate EqG
I hate it !!
You hear that
I hate it !! mother fucker !
>>
>>26979732
>The staff doesn't want to do that nor Hasbro
they were thinking about doing a sunset visits equestria ep in a Q&A at a con though.
>>
File: Jim.png (121 KB, 495x600) Image search: [Google]
Jim.png
121 KB, 495x600
>>26979749
That was a very vague statement said once in a con about a year or two ago. It doesn't really hold any weight. Meanwhile current staff members have said it isn't happening.
>>
>>26979559
>will never be explicitly referenced in the show
I see we have someone from Hasbro here to confirm this for us!

they may say they're keeping them separate now, but we have had major staff changes and things change all the time, we still have around 20 eps unknown to us
they also said they were toying with the idea of bringing Shimmer to Equestria back at a con last year

>>26979582
obviously not him, but they think it's okay for the movies to reference the show, but that doesn't make it canon
in other words, FiM is canon to EqG, but EqG is not canon to FiM

The lesson Twilight learned from Sunset Shimmer was used on Starlight Glimmer by giving her a second chance and grouping her with the mane6
Twilight has her main obligations in Equestria and she knows that Sunset (being a former student of Celestia) was up for the task of learning friendship lessons AND she has the book to communicate with Twilight if needed not to mention that she has the mirror in her library if Sunset is in real trouble now that the portal can be opened anytime

Glimmer literally changed the timeline and who knows how many times it really was, so Twilight took it upon herself to take her under her wing to make sure she'll learn the lessons she needs to

>>26979732
if it doesn't happen in the show, it needs to be mentioned or done in the EqG movies at least
if you take into account the deleted scenes then it's certainly possible she'll be in FiM
or, what if she appears in the pony movie?
>>
>>26979768
All the deleted scenes implied is that she would visit Twilight. That's about it. And if she did it would probably be off-screen anyways.
Since those got cut then its a non-issue
>>
>>26979762
>Meanwhile current staff members have said it isn't happening.
Where? Nowhere did he say "Sunset is never coming back to Equestria."
>>
>>26979807
It's implied. He's asking about Sunset being on the show, notice how he is only mentioning Sunset and then mentions "show canon". Jim Miller is just basically saying she won't be on the show in a snarky tone. Since she won't be on the show that means she isn't going back to Equestria.
>>
How about an ep where Sunset visits and Starlight thinks that Twilight is going to replace Sunset as Twilight's student and starts to freak out?

I know it'll never happen
>>
>>26979814
>It's implied
a lot of things are implied, but unless it is explicitly stated, it means it can be reversed at a moments notice.
>>
>>26979833
Well, maybe not implied. It's clear as day that Jim in that tweet is basically telling him Sunset isn't going to be on the show.
Could it be reversed? Probably. But that probably has a very very low percentage.
>>
>>26979768
Meghan is now in charge of the show
Her statement on EqG still holds
It is objectively canon
>>
>>26979840
and McCarthy said it is canon. If i'm not mistaken, Meghan wrote EqG.
>>
>>26979782
>Since those got cut then its a non-issue
it was part of the original synopsis of FG
the reason why they were cut out was because they thought that having 2 Twilights would be confusing for their younger audiences
considering they did the VA and animatic it should be considered canon in FG, just happened off screen

>>26979762
big jim has lied before, remember the animatic recently?
not to mention the wink emote suggests there's more to what he replied
and he wasn't lying, she IS canon in EqG

>>26979814
nowhere did the person specifically ask if Sunset is canon in or to the show
you need to be specific with these people otherwise they'll dodge or give very vague answers
even then, companies have employees sign a paper stating they cannot divulge company secrets

>>26979846
even without that, I've always seen EqG as canon and that Flash was seen in the show (NOT in "Three's a Crowd") just confirms it
>>
>>26979875
>big jim has lied before, remember the animatic recently?
the animatic were fan made though
>>
>>26979857
I'm not denying EqG is canon. I'm just saying the chances of Sunset returning to Equestria are very very slim. Like probably around less than 10%. As I said, all you have is a vague statement from a con that is probably from last year. Meanwhile you have tweets from the staff saying it isn't happening and on top of that you have no mention of her nor EG on the show. Not even in last seasons finale.

>>26979875
What about the animatic? Didn't he say it was a fake? I'm pretty sure it was a fake. Plus the wink to me says he's being snide more than anything.
>>
>>26979886
there were two that I know of
I'm talking about the one that started off with the train
>>
>>26979896
Those were fakes breh
>>
File: image.png (404 KB, 1024x201) Image search: [Google]
image.png
404 KB, 1024x201
>>26973263
They're really good.
They're not any better
Or any worse than the show, because they ARE the show, when we watch an EQG, we're watching the exact same stuff we get up to watch every Saturday morning
Only difference is, everyone has boobs now
>>
File: 1446225698725.png (676 KB, 639x639) Image search: [Google]
1446225698725.png
676 KB, 639x639
>>26979953
I <3 boobies
>>
File: oh yeah.png (29 KB, 224x200) Image search: [Google]
oh yeah.png
29 KB, 224x200
>>26979953
>Only difference is, everyone has boobs now
>>
File: 1459198095350.gif (216 KB, 398x383) Image search: [Google]
1459198095350.gif
216 KB, 398x383
>>26979953
Holy shit anon, are you trying to trigger everyone?
>>
>>26979902
let's not go down this road again

anyway, as I mentioned, a company will have their employees sign a contract to NOT give out secrets from the company or else be fired
so we won't know if she shows up or not until they air

>>26979893
a wink doesn't mean they're being snide, its indicating that something is a joke or secret

>>26979953
>>26979971
>>26979977
>bewbs
>>
File: image.png (67 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
image.png
67 KB, 300x169
>>26979989
If that's what it takes...
>>
>>26979995
Stay delusional faggot.
>>
File: I miss vanilla sex.png (644 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
I miss vanilla sex.png
644 KB, 1280x720
>>26980012
>Thumbnail
bruh
>>
>>26973263
It's complete trash. No question needed.

Also what is there to suggest that it's a seperate entity from the show when we have that portal and scenes in Equestria?
>>
>>26980041
That took place WITHIN the movie. It's movie CANON but it isn't SHOW canon.
>>
It was a crackpot idea that might have worked if given proper treatment, and the plot lines weren't all that bad. Where the writers failed is in the delivery of these components (as usual).
>>
>>26980024
>he hit me with facts and logic, better call him a faggot
>>
>>26980053
What fact and logic faggot?
>>
>>26980046
>It's movie CANON but it isn't SHOW canon.
But it showed characters and locations from the show. How does that not mean it's apart of the show canon?
>>
>>26980078
Because the show is canon to the movies but not the other way
>>
>>26980069
I'm not gonna spoon feed you if you can't comprehend it from my posts
>>
>>26980097
So we need a reference to it in the show for it to be canon in the show?
>>
>>26973263
>It was all an act
Anon, I wish the others were just pretending to be retarded or ironically liking this, but we've been flooded with fags who actually like those cut-out ayylmao versions of the M6

>How will it be remembered?
A shitty cashcow, who's failures were offset by FiM's popularity.

In all honesty, the only thing worth a damn in EQG is Sunset.
>>
>>26980143
And Sci-Twi
And the Sirens
>>
>>26974826
>I keep trying - and keep failing - to understand how anyone who doesn't posses a mental capacity of a diapered toddler could ever think that shit is adorable. I've seen a lot of fucking cartoons but I don't remember anything that would come close to how disgustingly ugly EQG really is
I know it's hard to grasp people having different opinions, but you should try harder.
>>
>>26980147
>Sirens
Barely even registered as villains to me tbqh. They really need more character depth, but they'll probably never show up again. Sadly.

>Sci-Twi
She seemed like Unicorn Twilight but with tech instead of magic till the transformation, anyway. Not all that interesting, and her potentially unique angle (studying magic phenomena in their realm) is kinda dampened by the fact that Sunset's already made it her goal to do the same, imo

Maybe they'll expand more on her in the next movie, but I wouldn't really call her inclusion worthwhile just yet.
>>
File: 1404618664927.jpg (10 KB, 199x252) Image search: [Google]
1404618664927.jpg
10 KB, 199x252
this thread
>>
File: 200mad.png (255 KB, 661x677) Image search: [Google]
200mad.png
255 KB, 661x677
>>26980198
>Barely even registered as villains to me tbqh
as opposed to Sunset herself?
>>
>>26980135
Yes. Hopefully that shit won't happen.
>>
>>26975159
>>26977696
>>26978917
Just look at these fairytellers hoping for me to buy their fairytales. It's almost like I never was there to see the fucking reaction and formed opinions all the fucking faggots already fucking had prior to even watching the first movie.
It is adequate to "dislike" all the movies. It is adequate to like/dislike some of them more then the others. However, to genuinely think that they have an actual independed opinion of _hating_ the first movie while _liking_ the others is an apogee of hypocritical idiocy, because, surprise! Movies are fucking identical. The only really drastic difference between the first and the second movies, that could've possibly changed people's opinion from "this is fucking godawful" to "this is actually good" was the awesome fucking marketing campaign Hasbro and DHX pulled off prior to showing the actual movie. And guess what fucking happened. Everything else is pretty trivial compared to this.

Anyway, cocksuckingly hypocritical judgement of the movies by literally any fucking criteria save for ">no hooves" is itself a worthy subject of a separate discussion. Because I still remember all these sertified retards autistically discussing all the "flaws" of the movies in endless idiotic circlejerk while naively pretending no one would notice that literally fucking everything of the crap they spewed out of their syphilis-damaged shitholes they ignorantly tend to call "mouth", can be applied to the actual fucking show.
">no hooves" is an argument though. I can understand that.
>>
Alright, we can drop the act. No one actually thinks that a reboot where My Little Pony is re imagined into a modern show was a good idea, right? There's waifufaggotry of certain characters, sure, maybe even an original idea here or there. But it definitely would all be better if the franchise just stayed as it was, right?
>>
>>26980198
>Barely even registered as villains to me tbqh. They really need more character depth

Right...because Chrysalis (a generic villain with no personality) Sombra (a generic villain with no personality) and T-Rex(a generic villain with no personality) were all superior, right?

MlP is not known for inventive villains, hell the more interesting ones were the small time antagonists not the actual major villains. (not counting Discord of course, and he really was always portayed as chaotic neutral not actual evil)
>>
>>26980851
Your unwillingness to acknowledge differences between things does not erase their existence. Should we also "admit" that the Star Wars prequels were exactly the same as the original trilogy, and that both of those were identical to The Force Awakens?
>>
>>26981001
Darling, I never stated "there's no difference". I stated "there were no such a difference to completely turn opinions around".
>>
It's fine unless you're a huge autist about it.
>>
>>26980865
>No one actually thinks that a reboot where My Little Pony is re imagined into a modern show was a good idea, right?

Well, there was MLP Tales, and that was at most, decent from what it was.
>>
Looks like the only thing we can all agree on is that we can't agree... or even get along.

On one hand, the anons who like eqg admit it has many faults, while the anons who dislike it it, hate it to such an extreme extent that they won't allow it to have any good points at all.

This is an impasse. Just as /v/ will always hate fim with a blind rage that won't allow reason, more than half of /mlp/ will always do the same with eqg.

The only option both sides have is the ignore each other as best they can.
>>
>>26980851
Movies aren't identical you fucking autist
The first movie's content was shit while the other two's content was good
How the fuck can you not comprehend this
>>
>>26980135
Not when the person who is in charge of the show goes out of her way to tell the autistic bronies that something is canon because they won't shut the fuck up
>>
>>26982573

Can we say what did Equestria Girls do right, then? If we have to agree on something, there has to be ON something.
>>
>>26982629
Didn't McCarthy get confused over what anon meant?
>>
I actually got around to finally watching EqG just before the premier. I didn't hate it, but I won't be watching it again. High school is a shitty, cliche setting. Character designs were...not appealing, with the toys being horrors. Some of the writing was good, and it wasn't too bad until the last 15 min or so where it went right off the rails. That semi-transformation thing was just weird. The funny thing is McCarthy knew it was weird and basically had Spike say so out loud ("you think the talking dog is the weirdest part of this?").

I'll have to get around to watching the other two. Hope they are better.
>>
>>26984094
Yeah she didn't know what canon meant
>>
File: 2.png (35 KB, 527x208) Image search: [Google]
2.png
35 KB, 527x208
>>26984094
>>26985371
She literally said the definition of canon
She obviously knows what it means when she makes the statement
>>
>>26982593
Found a cattle.
Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.