[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any good writefags left in this board?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6
File: 1459070966220.png (501 KB, 1200x807) Image search: [Google]
1459070966220.png
501 KB, 1200x807
Are there any good writefags left in this board?
>>
>>26900752
no they ruined the board with their shitty fanfictions, got a following and then flew away to other pastures leaving behind a bunch of wanking zombies called neo-/mlp/
>>
>>26900762
So how can they ruin the board if they were good writers.
>>
No
They died after OP asked such a faggoty question
>>
>>26900752
They don't write anymore
>>
>>26901017
they probably didn't but I'm sure the person claiming this would make an excuse along the lines of "when they left no one was as good so everyone would just except any green from any jackass willing to pound his sausage fingers into a keyboard"

I mean if I were a shitposter I'd post that.
>>
>>26901452
I am tired of the shitty green mary sue greentexts though.
>>
>implying there ever was
>>
>>26900752
You, OP
>>
>>26901537
Aw shucks, thanks guess who I am and i'll write a story just for you
>>
>>26901017
not everyone is interested in reading greentext stories. But I don't mind.
>>
>>26901553
Anonymous.
>>
>>26901582
You had one stupid chance and you wasted it.
>>
>>26901452

Its easier to write a simple, fulfilling green where everyone's happy, or feeds every request. It doesn't take much talent write.

More complex stories require a little more talent than the average writefag has. But everyone's trying to get their egotistical dick sucked, so they'll write anything they can.

Anon is too easy to write. Personally, I don't like them too much. I wish we'd go back to shit without fetish inserts. Or just stop writing altogether.
>>
>>26901635
Are there any kind of writers like this one oute there?
>>
As someone who would like to consider himself a good writer, I stopped once the only thing filling the board was shitty prompts that didn't do anything to trigger my desire to make anything slightly complex and interesting. I liked it better when I could find a thread that wasn't just a thinly veiled writer request.
>>
>>26901720
So is it a lost cause? Are there no more writers writing complex stories?
>>
>>26901674
A few.
>>26901720
What this guy said
>>
>>26901819
Well, do they have names or something? How can I summon them.
>>
>>26901720
This. I don't consider myself great but I got by.
Every so often I try at green again. But everyone whines its not immediate sex.
>>
There are a few, you just have to search for them.

I'd definitely be willing to, it would just require my own push, and probably making a thread myself. However you don't see people doing that too often, and there's no telling how many people will flock to the thread telling you to get that shit off of here.
>>
>>26901833
Meant as a reply to
>>26901755
>>
>>26901832
Pretty much this. Every so often you can get an audience that understands that you need buildup, but not very often if you're writing for a fettish prompt.
>>
Another thing to consider is good writers inevitably outgrow greentexting.
Greentexting is like doodling. Everyone loves a good doodle. Eventually you're going to want to ink, shade, color, etc, but by doing so you expose yourself to more criticism.
The better writefags make the transition, the mediocre ones get burnt out on green then don't go anywhere further.
>>
>>26901893
I know that so many people, teachers, family, etc, tell me I should try writing seriously. I get so much positive feedback from everyone on everything I make, but the funniest part is that I actually don't like writing all that much.

Yet I still do it.
>>
>>26901674
I've written a couple stories, usually they aren't fetish fuel trash.

although sometimes those are fun to write.
>>
>>26901830
They show up from time to time. Some of the best stories ive read here were written anonymous. I usually do
>>26901833
Same. Maybe a dedicated write thread? Probably not though.
>>
>>26901929
All the positive feedback I get, I always tell myself its because I'm writing on this board and there is very little quality control.
I don't know if its because I'm scared to seriously try or not.
>>
>>26902021
I tell myself the same. I'm still confused as to why the short stories I made for my english college class managed to impress the instructor so much, though.
>>
>>26901830
I'd use my name, but I never do outside of threads I'm writing for, or when I'm relevant to a thread.
>>
>>26902105
Same. Plus I feel like this is a good 'I'm a writefag and I'm venting' thread and I don't want to turn it into "HEY ITS ME LOOK AT ME GIVE ME PRAISE BECAUSE I WROTE THAT THING YOU LIKED TWO YEARS AGO!!"
>>
>>26902114
Though it's always nice to receive that kind of praise. Whenever someone mentions my stories, it feels rather nice.
>>
>>26902114
>>26902149
I agree on both accounts.
>>
>>26900752
Alright writefriends, let's do an interest exercise. Tell the other writers what is the story you've enjoyed the most in this board no cheating, you can't mention one you wrote yourself

I liked the original short stories of Norman, before he became a shitty rip off of anon. Imagine, a shittier anon.
>>
>>26902254
>rest of thread is writefags "ctrl-f" looking for their name or a phrase which means them.

Hand-Made's 'Royal Pet' still makes my dick hard when I think about it. He graduated to FIMFiction, though.
>>
>>26902314
>rest of thread is writefags "ctrl-f" looking for their name or a phrase which means them.
Is that actually bad? Also, I think that guy wrote the /mlp/ VN don't get your hopes up. It's dead.
>>
>>26902314
>graduated

Hit or miss for me. Some greens have better quality than some fimfics ive read. A lot actually, again hit or miss
>>
>>26902149
I love when people mention me or my stories somewhere. But I hate the idea of trying to goad people into it.
>>
>>26901588
and nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>26902338
I use the term 'graduated' more for green writers who have moved on to full length stories. There are a lot of green writers who would wreck the shores of FIMFiction if they put their mind to it. But green is easy and doesn't require that same level of time and effort as prose does IMO.
>>
>>26902254
I fondly remember one Greentext from that Normal Norman thread a long while back that involved Sweet Leaf letting Norman smoke weed for the first time. I remember it being a very thoughtful interaction between the two characters, and I enjoyed it quite a bit despite not really visiting those threads very often. Can't really remember who wrote it either, might have been anonymous
>>
>>26902352
That thread is shit now.
>>
I'm still here. I just don't post any green texts because the last time I did, they tried making a crappy general out of it.
>>
>>26902364
Norma killed it. Hoping that it goes back to normal soon.
>>
>>26902378
I'll go beyond that. Trying to give every single Equestria Girls character a name killed it.
>>
>>26902370
Yeah, one of mine started a general once. It's a mixed feeling.
>>
>>26902395
How did that not give it depth? (Also, can we discuss this in the Norman thread? I'll go there right now)
>>
>>26900752
I still enjoy what's being written nowadays
>>
well, the only one I can think of that isn't completely atrocious is Olibird, though, it's a shame he mains SiM threads now.
there's also one LokiLorkien who was actually somewhat good but he hasn't updated his story in months.
One actually good writefag I remember was a newfriend that went with the name Edgemeister, but it was at the time sunzealots were on their crusade to destroy all generals they could actually compete with and drove him away.
So, to answer your question; I think Nebulus still lurks Flutterrape, doesn't he? And there's probably 2 or 3 other writefags of his level or greater still lurking around somewhere.
>>
>>26902426
Fuck no, never.
>>
>>26902438
>flutterrape
>good
come on, man.
>>
>>26902493
Better than AiE it is (or was at some point), and Nebulus is certainly a good writer, independent of what threads is he affiliated to.
>>
>>26900752
they're still around and just tired of all the anons hounding them constantly to make their stories never ending tales.

always asking for more even when the story is clearly over and done.

not to mention most of the shitty writefag bait threads just show how much withdrawal /mlp/ has now.

so much so that if you make a low-quality green that you'll likely get your dick sucked constantly because of it and a lot of new writers don't know how to handle that attention or don't expect the crowd to turn on them if they go in a direction the anons don't want and just quit.

so really if there are any writers left, they sure as hell don't wanna write for the board anymore.
>>
>>26902591
I remember a few years back, someone made a "Have you ever written clop?" thread, and the idea was still pretty disgusting.
>>
>>26902591
>tired of all the anons hounding them constantly to make their stories never ending tales.
>always asking for more even when the story is clearly over and done.
You can't hate them for that. It's the best compliment you can get.
If you keep writing when a story has reached a logical conclusion then you're the one to blame.
>>
>>26902651
This. When my followers ask for a sequel and I don't wanna do it, I don't do it. I don't tell them that. I just write something else. If they're really a fan, they'll like you more than that one story you put out.
>>
Don't forget that what might come as easy and feel low quality to you might in fact be your own talent talking. What's easy for you is sometimes impossible for someone else. It's like how you see artists seemingly draw something in hours what you know you couldn't do in days, then turn around and say how rushed and lousy it looks.
>>
Which do you prefer? Greentext or fimfiction?
>>
Does anyone have that fimfiction document that helps improve your technical writing?
>>
File: eepa_01631.jpg (138 KB, 700x1100) Image search: [Google]
eepa_01631.jpg
138 KB, 700x1100
>>26902254
Faggot13's sadness greens
>>
>>26900752

Good writefags are definitely still around. The thing /mlp/ as a whole doesn't realize is that too much greentext is horrible for the board. It fosters an environment where you have to be committed to the thread and story, which generally requires more involved browsing than a lot of people have time for. The board becomes a lot less fun when you are no longer able to simply drop into a thread and leave a short remark or answer a question. I imagine that this problem will clear up a bit with hiatus ending, it usually does. The quality of greentext will go up when the volume of it goes down.

>>26902254

Canterlot U
Lyra Machine fic
/r9k/light (original)
Anything by Schwartz (especially lamentations of Suri)
Exchange
Probably tons of other great stuff I'm completely forgetting.
>>
Favorite currently going stories?

I'm liking that "Get off your computer" One. Dash seems to be getting some good greens at the moment
>>
>>26903319
It was comfy, with lingering trouble seems still brewing as well. Waiting for that drug bust drama

I once followed that bullied Anon that always eats alone green due to him being betrayed by evil Sunset , after becoming his first friend in the humane world, but writer rarely updates, leaving the thread into Bumpfield, Ohio
>>
>>26900752

They are being banned as we speak. Scruffening 2.0
>>
>>26904213
I was just about to mention that. Only 7 pages of threads.
>>
I like to see this as the end of Neo-MLP, and entering the gates of Renaissance MLP
>>
>>26904237

Six, now.
>>
wewlad
>>
>>26902254
Most of /nst/'s greentext has nothing to do with green mary sue getting the marevag for no reason at all. Most of them even go as far as flat out skipping Anon as a character.

The only downside is that the whole thread is rampant with dykeshit.
>>
File: 1455823181942.png (62 KB, 166x206) Image search: [Google]
1455823181942.png
62 KB, 166x206
>>26903049
>"I'm not a girl"
>>
>>26900752
>>26904213
Yeah they all dead
>>
>>26904992
We lurk in the shadows of the Dazzling thread, watching the board burn around us.
>>
>>26900752
Considering every general just got wiped off /mlp/, I'd say no.
>>
>>26905004

Can confim. Hiding writefag. /dzg/ for life
>>
>>26905124
mah nigga
>>
Funny, after a long break, I decided to write something for a thread today. I didn't feel like continuing, then the thread 404'd. Saved by the purge.
>>
>>26905124
Writefag in hiding here, hope things return to normal.
I actually had a story in the works.
>>
>>26900752
They're all being banned right now.
It's a new Scruffening. I don't expect this board to survive this time.
THERE'S NOTHING TO DISCUSS ANYMORE. SHOW'S SHIT NOW. THE END.
Let's just settle in /trash/.
>>
>>26904927
Sunset Shimmer? God what a stupid ship.
>>
I am confused. Wasn't /mlp/ created as a repository for all our fandoms autism? Wasn't it just a way to move us from /b/ and /co/? Why kill 2/5ths of all threads guys?
>>
holy shit the board's getting censored to hell
what is happening?
>>
>>26905585
Autistic mods being autistic
>>
>>26905585
All the generals have been purged from the board.
Give it a day or two, it'll get sorted.
>>
>>26905585
It's a new Scruffening.
As if the board wasn't bad enough after the last one, they decided to remove even MORE fun.
>>
>>26905027
>generals
>>26905027
you don't need a general.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.