[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder than other than Swan Boat and some minor inserts, Hasbro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11
File: hacks.png (45 KB, 881x462) Image search: [Google]
hacks.png
45 KB, 881x462
Reminder than other than Swan Boat and some minor inserts, Hasbro had no input in forcing Flurry Heart or even creating her.

She exist because current showrunners (Big JIm and Josh Haber) seen it as opportunity for "interesting story" and also to please their employees at Hasbro. Good doggies! Now roll over!
>>
>>26844519
Wait so they saw swan boat and thought new allicorns
How does one make that connection.

Also the wings man explain the fucking wings
>>
>>26844549
Theres no explanation. DHX wanted to give Hasbro an idea for toys so they safrificed their worldbuilding and based it around the commercial instead actually trying to make something that makes sense.
>>
>>26844580
Please explain the in-universe explanation for alicorns that says a baby alicorn can't exist.
>>
>>26844616
Because its suppose to be prize when accomplishing something big. Being born priveleged sound like a shit concept. Is like Goku being born with all possible tranformations right at the bat and then just chilling for the rest of his life not trying to accomplish anything.
>>
>>26844678
As if both things couldn't be possible. As far as we know, it's highly likely that Celestia and Luna were born Alicorns, for example.
>>
>>26844678
That wasent the case for celestia and Luna.
Read the journal of the 2 sisters they were nothing when they came to power starswirl simply saw something in them.
>>
>>26844705
Also I have never seen any evidence that Cadenza was born unicorn.
>>
>>26844678
Funny how this is an inverse of what people used to think. People used to say that only born alicorns were real.

>>26844716
She was born a pegasus and orphaned but raised by earth ponies.

Also I'm pretty sure Celestia and Luna are the last of their kind, or at least were until Flurry Heart was born.
>>
>>26844519
Thank you Jim for this gift.
>>
>>26844678
>Because its suppose to be prize when accomplishing something big.
shitty headcanon 2bh
>>
File: Petunia has seen poopy.png (174 KB, 448x339) Image search: [Google]
Petunia has seen poopy.png
174 KB, 448x339
We have truly been forsaken
>>
>>26844519
If they had no input, then why would they be pleased? Being pleased implies that the input->output relationship is known.

You're contradicting yourself in your own dumb post.
>>
File: 1367432844445.jpg (39 KB, 300x365) Image search: [Google]
1367432844445.jpg
39 KB, 300x365
>>26844519
>current showrunners (Big JIm and Josh Haber)
I honestly miss McCarthy already. I never, EVER thought I would say that.
>>
>>26844827
A usually tells B to do something.
B does the something without being told by A
A is happy that B is doing what they wanted without being told to.

It's like cleaning your room without needing mommy dearest yelling at you to do so.
>>
>>26844839
This. Meghan was OK with shilling toys but she was only doing it to explore some cool stories. Current people just use toys insertions as an inspirations for the story arc instead as an obstacle of their creative freedom. Because they are as creative as Michael Bay.
>>
>>26844856
oh. like when I'm happy that posters like OP shut the fuck up without being told to
>>
File: yes_i_mad.jpg (28 KB, 672x672) Image search: [Google]
yes_i_mad.jpg
28 KB, 672x672
>>26844519
>Hasbro had no input in forcing Flurry Heart or even creating her.
Are you dense? It literally says black on white that Hasbro mandated her, but then Big Jim says it was a "storytelling opportunity"... like the helicopter...

We know for a fact Hasbro wanted a babby alicorn princess (Princess Skyla)

And as much as Big Jim tries to disguise it with "storytelling opportunities" and "fun challenges", with every passing episode the show turns more and more into shit.

But you bronies have been eating it up since season 3, so why stop now?

Another alicorn? Great! Twilight is an alicorn? GREAT! Highschool setting? FUCKING GREAT! Romance subplot? SUPER DUPER CUNT-FLAPPING GRAET!
>>
>>26844948
Won't the powerups concept provide loads of new story opportunities? Or is that restricted to Guardians of Harmony?
>>
File: 1447463730333.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1447463730333.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>26845003
>powerups
>>
>>26845003
>Won't the powerups concept provide loads of new story opportunities?
Yeah, like all the storytelling opportunities we got out of Rainbow Power!

Oh, wait...
>>
>>26844948
Read that again is was the boat that Hasbro mandated
>>
File: 1423776552828.jpg (131 KB, 1000x1597) Image search: [Google]
1423776552828.jpg
131 KB, 1000x1597
>MORE ALICORNS = STORYTELLING OPPORTUNITIES
>PUTTING MERCH IN SHOW = FUN CHALLENGE
>MANDATE FROM HASBRO = NOT EXCLUSIVELY FROM HASBRO BRAND

THANK YOU HASBRO
MAY I HAVE ANOTHER
>>
>>26845101
Some people are immune to facts. Don't bother.
>>
>>26845134
>>26845101
>So, this new alicorn is no different. I seem to recall that this actually came more from a storytelling opportunity rather than exclusively from Hasbro Brand,

>So, this new alicorn is no different
It was a mandate, like the boat

>I seem to recall that this actually came more from a storytelling opportunity rather than exclusively from Hasbro Brand,
It came as a Hasbro Brand mandate, but not "exclusively"...
>>
>>26845134
Says the guy who can't detect even the most obvious spin.
>>
>>26845153
You really are this retarded. The story telling opportunity was Cadance getting knocked up, so they followed through with a baby. The whole Cadance/Shining arc has closely mirrored the royal couple. So take your anti depressants and get the fuck off /mlp/

>>26845164
Yup, everything is a conspiracy. Tell us more about 9/11, how climate change is fake, and those evil GMOs.
>>
>>26845164
If it's spin has nothing to do with it anon claimed that the article staed that flurry heart was Hasbro the article makes no such claim regardless of what the truth is.
>>
>>26845260
>Yup, everything is a conspiracy. Tell us more about 9/11, how climate change is fake, and those evil GMOs.
Fucking wow, really? You go from zero to retarded all because I point out that Big Jim is a spin doctor?

>>26845284
I'll respond to you once you lrn2English.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 600x450
>>26845329
It's all a conspiracy! Clearly this mundane, straightforward series of events never happened! It must be something sneaky!
>>
>>26845359
Yup. Off the deep end completely.
>>
>>26845365
It's so edgy to presume sinister intent!
>>
>>26845359
Now anon the guy may be a faggot but this was in no way straightforward the thought processes that brought them from boat to baby must have been incomprehensible.
>>
>>26845359
I wonder what "creative differences" pushed Faust off the show.

I wonder who wanted to add more alicorns to the show.

I wonder who wanted a baby alicorn character.

I wonder why Jim Miller said it wasn't "exclusively" Hasbro Brand's idea.

I wonder why Jim Miller describes adding a helicopter is a "fun challenge"

I wonder why Jim Miller says "this new alicorn is no different" from the helicopter.

But that's okay. You keep jacking off to Equestria Girls and keep buying the merch.
>>
>>26845431
Some people are immune to facts. Don't bother.
>>
>>26845071
Rainbow Power had little utility that we saw.
>>
bemp
>>
>>26844948
No you idiot. Lear to read. Why would Hasbro be happy about Flurry Heart stoy opportunity if they were the one who mandate it? They were only pushing for Swan Boat. Cadance kid is DHX idea.
>>
>>26844678
>Being born priveleged sound like a shit concept.
It's a reality though
>>
>>26844678
>M^3 airs
>people lose their shit because you can earn wings
>Flurry Heart
>people complain because you can be born as alicorn
>>
>>26848765
>Lear to read.
Learn to stop being an illiterate, cock mongling whore , you enourmous faggot.
>>
>>26848839
The writers are flipflopping like madmen, trying to please everybody.

It doesn't work.
>>
>>26845260
>believing in climate change
>>
>>26848839
It can work with either one way or another. Alicorn being made with both ways is retarded. They need to decide if the power is earned by accomplishment or just a biological rait like wings for a pegasus or horn for a unicorn.

And they still didn't explain if an Earth Pony is capable of becoming Alicorn or giving birth to an Alicorn if it has sex with one.
>>
>>26848765
>lear
>stoy
I'm not taking you seriously sempai until you learn to chill the fuck out.

What is it with this board and grammar lately? Is it because of all the mobilefags, or because anons have to spill their spaghetti at the earliest possible moment?
>>
>>26849641
Because of 100% unfiltered rage.
>>
>>26844616
okay so you know those two fucking queen in all but names? if all you needed for an alicorn (something inherently better than any other pony) to exist was for a regular pony to fuck an alicorn, celestia and luna could have supplanted ponies entirely by now. they've had over 1000 years and yet the aristocracy is all unicorns and asshole ones at that.

You'd think two kind and loving princesses would WANT a bundle of joy that can understand the pain of eternity with you. It makes twilights transformation meaningful. but it turns out all they had to do was get inseminated by litterally anybody and they wouldn't have to worry.
>>
>>26844519
Hope it is a good season
>>
>>26845431
Remember, Celestia was supposed to be a Queen, but Hasbro changed it to princess to try to sell it better to little girls
>>
>>26849674
When I meant lately, I meant over the last year. I'm not talking just around the time of our Flurry Heart "hype."
>>
Celestia and Luna should have been the only alicorns
>>
>>26852087
That's Disney's fault though, because of the stigma for queens they created.
>>
>>26852369
It's too late, Anon.
It was always too late.
Wonder how many we'll have by the seasons end.
>>
>>26852547
There are more good queens than evil queens in the disney canon though.
>>
>>26853394
I wouldn't put it past the writers to put in a parent episode for the princesses, and they're the real King and Queen of equestria.
>>
File: don't diss my mom.png (150 KB, 739x940) Image search: [Google]
don't diss my mom.png
150 KB, 739x940
>>26844519
>>26844616
>OP says
>Jim said Hasbro had no input! He lies!"

First thing Jim mentions
>It's easy to forget that we work for a toy company.

It is possible that they simply said, put a baby in the show, make her an alicorn, and let the writers to the rest. Makes sense, as it's their job, and if it was Hasbro's entire idea it would be a major character, like Twilcorn.

Unless he can quote me the part where Jim says Hasbro had no input OP confirmed for illiterate.
>>
>>26844770
Honestly, that's cuter than the show design.

>>26844883
>>26844839

But Lauren herself said limitations can be good because they force you to focus a little.

And think about this: there's nothing wrong with using something like that as a seed for a story idea, as long as you actually expand it past that and make it more than that.

Halo 2 was inspired by three random sentences. Okay, it was a shit story, but it was a big expansive Universe with a creative setting and they clearly put effort into it.

You get my point.

Also,
>it can be both a story opportunity AND an obstacle
>starts out as an obstacle
>which the writer has to work around,
>that leads to ideas on how to get around it. >And those expand into completely new ideas for stories on their own.

Can you not see this? How do you not see this?

>>26845431
It was more than just that - see EQLA 2015 Panel

I give you that one.

That too.

It isn't exclusively their idea, because Jim and co were likely chucked a memo 'lol give us babbycorn' and then fleshed it out. In a back and forth DISCUSSION
>writers pitching ideas to execs
>execs suggesting revisions
>the writers etiher doing, or arguing against them. for storytelling reasons

Dave Polskjy, just a bogstandard writer, said this at BUCK 14. Look it up.

As for the copter, seems a bit odd, as ad worst it would be a central piece of one episode plot like a rescue or something. Pretty inoffensive.

He says this because it's minor.

Remember, if this was entirely Hasbro's idea, or mostly, even, they would've mandated the alicorn was a main character like with Twilicorn, to market it more.

(When Larson said it was his idea to make Twilight an alicorn, I take that to mean it was his idea to nominate her and Hasbro said 'any mane 6 will do').

Rmember, the writers have some freedom because it's literally their job to worry about the plots. Like Polsky said.

You are being silly.
>>
>>26844678
>being born priveleged sounds like a shit concept.
Only kids in africa would agree with you.
>>
>>26848765
what are you saying?
>>
>>26853786
By Hasbro's entire idea, I mean, if it was entirely theirs down to the specifics of which character it was.

But it wouldn't be. Because that would be literally them writing the story and they'd have no need for the writers.
>>
>>26845003
I doubt they will be anything more than shilling for Guardians of Harmony.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.