[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You Reap What You Sow CYOA th. 8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 1
File: sorryBathwater.png (363 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
sorryBathwater.png
363 KB, 600x600
Archive: http://anonpone.pineapplecomputing.com/yrwys

What happened before:
http://pastebin.com/Yv2Y7Rxd

Last thread:
>Attempt to repair the generator ended with a success, it was now ready to power the Lighthouse, allowing others to use it again. In the maintenance room basement you discovered bodies of probably mentally ill ponies bond to their beds, electrocuted to death.
>After leaving a note informing about current state of generator you left the place, heading to your neighbouring hospital. Then you reported everything to the senior registrar. He rewarded you with promised anti-flea liquid and combs.
>When you returned home you used these things immediately to get rid of your parasites, in the meantime doing inventory check. You are able to treat most wounds from simple to severe, heal simple infections, filter rainwater, repair various simple to moderately complicated devices and you can survive two and half a week with your food supply, assuming that all of you will eat only once a day.
>You finished your day and had a good rest, but in the morning one thing was clear - you might suffer from cold later on. It was also snowing. Deciding that you'll go and visit the Old Town, you prepared for your journey, taking Clean Cushions with you instead of Hranchak, who wanted to stay with his grandmother today.
>The Old Town was a pretty bad place to be, you realized when you got there. It was covered from missiles and shells by magical barrier, but everything was expensive - ponies there still used bits as currency. Also the whole place turned into tiny military dictatorship.
>Right after you went westwards to see if you can scavenge anything, money included, that could be useful in the Old Town or back at your shelter. While you were passing the damaged train station, Clean spotted a blink of light.
>cont
>>
>>25734405
>Eager to investigate and see if it's a danger or not, you sneaked into the building, then reached it's first floor. You found a pegasus mare there, looking like a mixture between soldier and survivor. You yanked her saddlebags to make sure she doesn't have a weapon and discovered a map and cards filled with Morse code. As a result she was acting aggressive, however with some safety lies you managed to calm the situation before it could escalate.
>Some explaining later you got a new temporary comrade, pegasus mare named Last Wish. Agreement said you are still the group leader, even if you were tempted to place all responsibility on somepony's else back.

End of OP
>>
>>25734409
>After solving all your current issues you sighed with relief. Last and Clean weren't going to try kill each other, which was definitely a good sign.
>Pegasus mare wasn't opposing your leadership and it was another good thing, even if you could still notice sharp looks she exchanged with Cushions. Hopefully one day they will sort it out and accept the companionship.
>Anyway, finally you could return to your current task, visiting the western parts of Fillydelphia, where you were heading before you stopped to examinate the train station.
>You were careful and thanks to green mare's sharp sight you were warned about mysterious shadows in the windows or among the rubble. You couldn't see them for yourself to confirm if Clean was right or not, and Last laughed at her for 'paranoia' for a brief while.
>Trip wasn't too long, you basically were in the western districts when you passed the train station. The place, although visibly marked by war, was definitely less desolate than northern bank of the river. Really, everything was less damaged than north, you thought.
>There weren't too much ponies on the streets or in the yards, however you noticed several guards, civillians vielding improvised weapons, standing near boarded or reinforced buildings, blocks, shops, schools.
>They kept to themselves, eyeing you but not doing more than that.
>You could wander around and see what you can scavenge here, talk to these ponies, maybe try to trade. Or do something else. Sun was still high.
>>
Current schedule:

Monday 13 - 18 and unknown - 4, Eastern European Timezone.
Rest of the week running hours are the same.

I take the liberty of not running sometimes, but I will warn you first.
>>
>>25734440
Except Sundays: unknown - 18 and unknown - 4

First few posts and I fucked up already.
>>
I don't read this, but I'll save it
>>
>>25734427
May as well get to know some of the locals here.

Starting from the schools. It's always the schools.
>>
>>25735704
>The whole place would become much more familiar if you knew the local ponies, you said to yourself.
>And with this resolution you approached nearest guardspony, then politely asking him about location of nearest school.
>Schools became busy with ponies these days, visiting one seemed like a good choice and after getting the directions you headed there.
>Several blocks farther to the north-west you found a building described by helpful pony. It was bright-coloured and you almost instantly noticed flowers painted on the walls or few still intact windows. It was elementary school, it seemed.
>There were guards, of course, they seemed even more grim and ready to remodel your muzzle. Closest one stopped you and judged you silently before she spoke.
>"Who are you and what do you want here?" she asked sharply.
>"Oh great..." whispered Clean.
>>
>>25735853
Just wondering where the friendly ponies are. We want to know about the area and know what places to avoid. We'd also like to help if possible.
>>
>>25735954
"I'm just wondering what places I should avoid, what other places I could visit..." you started your explanation, but it was quickly interrupted.
>"Do I look like a damn tourist guide to you, filly?" guardsmare snorted at you.
"N-no, you don't. Why are you so hostile, we didn't do anything, we're just ponies looking for other friendly ponies!"
>"Yeah, that pegasus sure looks friendly, harmless" she pointed her hoof at Last, who really wasn't looking like ordinary citizen.
>"Believe me or not, I'm not going to hurt you" your recently acquired companion bowed a little to show her good will. "We are a group of survivors, as you can see I am the only one with proper equipment and I possess it only because I was a passionate hiker before the war."
>"Pegasus hiker? Likely story."
>"No, really. Imagine that you are able to walk on clouds freely. You got it?" Wish approached the mare, but she didn't violate her personal space.
>"I think so, but..."
>"Now imagine your life demands from you to stay up high, far away from ground and other ponies day by day, month by month, every single year."
>"Oh..." you noticed that guardsmare started to look less prissy and aggressive. "I never thought about it that way."
>"You see? It's just like your life, bond to earth. Wouldn't you like to walk on the clouds for a time? I wanted a change, I wanted to visit ponies, to walk on my hooves, to feel hard soil under them."
>"Kay. Fine. You are a hiker. And the other two?" her tone was less tense now, suspicion gradually turning to genuine curiousity.
"I think we could say our names right now" you took the floor just in case that Clean wanted to say something.
>cont
>>
>>25736278
>You weren't really fond of her doing a snarky comment right now.
"I am Spring, the pegasus' name is Last Wish and the earth mare is Clean Cushions. We are wandering around the city, gathering information, trying to get by just like you, and also we try to help ponies in need."
>"And you are helping ponies totally for free?" again, the guardsmare voiced her doubt.
>"We will be completely honest with you. It depends. We don't demand a price, but we also won't reject gifts given to us and we definitely won't whiteknight around or solve real problems, like bandits, without getting rewarded for that" Last again was first to speak.
>And she surely seemed to be a good speaker to you. Like she was able to read ponies like books.
>"Got it. So you want some basic info. Sure, why not. Do you want to know why we aren't too nice to strangers that appear here from time to time?"
"It would be nice. With that we could warn others or something."
>"I'm not sure if you should. You can clearly see this was an elementary school once, yes?" she didn't even waited for your confirmation here. "Guess what is its purpose now. It serves as a foal shelter. This school was built over some old basements and now we use it to hide our precious little ponies from the war. We heard bad things from ponies who had the chance to encounter the doggish troops. We don't want to risk lives of our children."
>Clean emitted a short, muffled gasp when she heard that. When you turned your head to see her, you noticed that she was a little more pale.
>cont
>>
>>25736286
>"Now, what to avoid" the mare continued. "The railroad. The northern bank, but I think you already know that. The barricades by the Summer Solstice Mall, there was a vehicle skirmish there. Bandits, maybe enemy soldiers are present there. The cinema. I heard somepony made a stash there, but our scouts heard shots from there. I think this is it."
"And what about interesting places?"
>"The train station had blinking mysterious lights, we weren't too eager to investigate, but we know it was certainly a Morse code. There was a theatre standing two blocks south from there, surrounded by large park. Some stores that still might have stuff within them, they are in every direction, I could draw you a map after my shift is over. A private clinic, north-eastwards. Radio tower, northwards. And finally, Old Ponies' Home, south-westwards."
"Since we're here, we could also help you with something. As Wish said, we like to help others if we're able to."
>"I don't think you could supply us with food, this is most needed thing. Those bastards from Old Town took whatever they could from two whole districts, can you imagine that?"
>With that, she finally finished.
>>
>>25736296
We have to come back here later to try and get that radio tower working and put it to good use.

Ask if the tower works or not. Let's wait for the map. I'm kind of feeling the mall even though it sounds dangerous as all hell but that stash could be worth it.
Then again I wouldn't mind just going to the theater since it's so close.
>>
>>25736296
That explains why they feel they have enough to continue relying on bits. Once they run out will they claim the supplies of other districts?
>>
>>25736408
"Do you maybe know if the tower works or not?" you asked curiously, and quickly added "I think we will wait for the map, it will certainly be useful."
>Last Wish looked at you strangely, her muzzle was devoid of any readable expression, but you had uncanny feel that she was judging you somehow.
>Clean sent her a death stare, earning nothing but a snicker. In the meantime you got your response.
>"I think the radio tower is intact or only slightly damaged. If you look closely, you can see it from the roof of that one building" the mare said while stretching her hoof to show you a nice, three floor family block. "It's plain logic, I think. Only ones that would want to destroy the radio tower are our guys, in case of retreat. And they aren't retreating or surrendering. Do you think a capitulation would be better for us?"
>Last question she asked rather quietly, almost murmuring, both to you and herself. Then she shook her head.
>"Just find yourselves a place to sit, I'll find you when my shift is over."
>With that, the guard left you and your comrades alone, you followed her suggestion and simply trotted towards closest thing you could use as a chair, be it a dyke, stable pile of rubble or stairs.
"So how do you feel about these parts of the city?" you said to two other mares, turning your head from one to another to give them both attention.
>"I'm all for going to check the cinema. There's a stash that might contain some useful stuff" replied Last almost instantly.
>"But it's dangerous!" Clean as always preferred to have her and yours rumps in one piece. "Didn't you hear? There was a shooting!"
>"We don't know if it was really a shooting. It could be even one suicidal pony and his final shot made the scouts panic. They aren't soldiers, they might've simply been startled by something not really dangerous."
>cont
>>
>>25736720
>"You said they aren't soldiers. Neither are we, you know? What are you planning to do if there IS a danger? Hmm?"
>"Face it, of course. It's not like we aren't in permanent danger since, I don't know, beginning of the siege" pegasus rolled her eyes and sighed, getting a snort of anger from green mare.
>"I think I prefer if we'd go and visit the theatre instead. There aren't any plays these days, but we could get some stuff there too."
>"Like what, make-up?"
>"No. Warm clothes, for example. Maybe nice ponies, maybe some tools, definitely lightbulbs, possibly batteries."
>"Oh look who started to use her brain for once. Good, good. But neither me nor you are the leader here. The decision belongs to Spring."
>"I never questioned that."

>Soon you heard a bell, the guards changed and not a long time after a familiar mare approached you with rather worn off map.
>It looked like it was torn from the bigger one, it was partially burned and covered in circles and arrows, indicating where were the places you heard about.
>Is there anything more you want to ask her before you will choose where to go?

One more post and I will head to sleep. Already been running longer than I should, but I don't regret anything.

>>25736476
Well, since they are a military dictatorship as you know, this is quite possible.
>>
>>25736729
Ask when it was the scouts went. We can do both, though the theater first since that's what's closest. That stash shouldn't be going anywhere.
>>
>>25736775
Safe places like that are also the first to be scavanged so the sooner we go the better.
>>
>>25736775
>>25736812
"Okay, there is one more thing I'll ask you" you said to the waiting mare. "And thank you for all your help and the map."
>"I'm sure you will find a way to repay us somehow" she said and smiled cheekily, then chuckled. "I'm kidding, I'm not really sure what you could do. So go on, ask."
"When exactly the scouts heard shots from the cinema?"
>"Oh. Ohhhhh... Wait a while, two days ago I think? Maybe three? I'm not the one to question our scouts, I just heard the news two days ago."
"Thank you again."
>"Is it all?"
"Yes, I think we're good for now. We'll be on our way."
>The mare nodded in response and trotted away, returning to the school.
>"So where are we going?" asked Clean simultaneously with Last. Then they eyed each other with disdain.
"The theatre. It's safer so it means it is a potential target for scavengers. The sooner we get there, the better."
>You saw that the earth mare grinned victoriously before your group moved southwards.
>Some time passed, judging from the Sun it was already early afternoon, and you reached the outer parts of the park surrounding the theatre.
>Leafless trees and bushes sometimes bearing traces of fire, walkways and paths torn by shells, it all made the whole place look alien, barren, bleak.
>Thin layer of snow was making all shapes less sharp, but it also hid little obstackles from your sight, forcing you to be extra careful.
>Finally you reached the theatre: big, enormous even, fancy building remembering way better times. It was said that theatre was established by Regal Sisters themselves several years after Fillydelphia became important.
>Surprisingly, it seemed relatively untouched. Only the big double doors were wide open. Inviting.
>Or luring.
>>
>>25737060
META
Okay, this is it for today. I can continue the story from here without any input, I'm not sure if this prompt is good enough.

Feel free to discuss stuff. Critique, give advices, point improvement ways other than 'git gud at English', post hot opinions. I feel like I became a little bit rusty after being inactive for longer period of time. And I want to say sorry to my fellow players who were left alone.

I hope you are still here, gunman lurker.
>>
Oh boy, this is going to be fun isn't it? Might as well go in and see what happens. Open the door quietly though.
>>
>>25737060
Check if there are any other ways to enter the building
>>
So I'm willing to bet Wish is a spook. She was communicating with someone in Morse using a mirror, wants to head to the cinema (safe house), stands out among other survivors, she can read ponies like a book, and she complained about Clean being paranoid when we were in an area confirmed dangerous. She's either Equestrian, working with the opposition, or is a well connected bandit.

>>25737067
I'm still here. Just had to read the last few post of last thread.
>>
>>25739257
>>
>>25737723
>>25737742
>Was this place indeed surrounded by atmosphere making you anxious, or it was just you?
>Uneasiness was a subjective thing, but some little additional precautions will certainly not hurt anypony, right?
>What can possibly go wrong?
>With that thought you began to slowly sneak around the massive building in search of other ways inside. There had to be at least one fire exit or something like that. And three pairs of eyes will easily spot exits or entrances.
>The walk would take quite a while even without staying low and moving carefully.
>These two things were stretching the necessary time to unwanted extents, you were sure that when you finished the Sun was lower.
>However you managed to go around the whole theatre without any delays or distractions, and you found five other ways to enter it, counting one maintenance door, one spare door for more prominent guests and three fire exits.
>The spare door were literally torn from their doorframe with force so strong it damaged the frame greatly.
>Other were intact or just bruised here and there - probably by animals.
>There was nothing to do but to choose a way in, except the torn away door. 2/3 of your team was against using this way in.

>>25738412
Good to see you again.
>>
>>25740757
Let's try maintenance.
>>
>>25741300
>Maintenance door - used only by theatre staff - sounded like a good choice and decision to get into the building via it immediately gained Clean's approval.
>This time Wish didn't disagree with the earth mare, acknowledging your proposition with a nod. She didn't even bother to mock Cushions.
>Your whole group already gained some experience in scaling the perimeter, thus you reached your destination fairly quickly.
>The door was signed of course, and you notice several shallow bruises, some of them higher than any animal reach. Maybe they were made by shards or whatever.
>It was closed, but not locked, as if it had been used often or recently.
>Behind the door was a straight corridor, completely empty. After several meters of walking in dim light of your horn you have reached a T intersection. You could spot doors on the left and right.
>"Shhhh!" suddenly hissed Wish, pulling you and Clean closer. "Can you hear that?"
>...
>There was nothing audible.
>"Hear what?" your earth friend whispered.
"I didn't hear anything neither" you joined.
>"And I swear I heard a cough" replied Last, then pointing her hoof to the left. "From there. What do we do now?"
>She didn't sound afraid, not even wary. She was simply curious.

Good news. I will most likely be able to run for whole night today [until 4am]. And I had dinner, that's why reply is delayed.

I really wish I could run at hours allowing you to actively participate in this CYOA, gunman.
>>
>>25741628
Let's go to the left and keep listening. See if the left door is locked or not. Then we can try to peek inside and try to see where the cough came from.
>>
>>25741663
>And now, seeing how self-confident and totally not scared Wish was, you also gained some more courage.
>You were expecting meeting other survivors, the theatre was supposed to be safe, so it also might contain some scavengers wanting to get their hooves on whatever could be found here.
>Time to go and determine if pegasus seriously heard something or not.
"Follow me" you whispered and both of your comrades complied without a word.
>You slowly walked to the left, on your way you checked nearest door. It was locked. Second one, appearing after several meters, was opened and you could see some detergents, cleaning utensils, brooms, that kind of stuff.
>There wasn't anything really interesting there, so you moved on, passing some other mundane rooms filled with stuff used to maintain and preserve the place.
>It quickly started to be a simple routine: check the room, see if there is something you can use, move on.
>It was so until you stumbled upon a different room. It probably was a cloakroom for theatre staff, judging from all the lockers, but interesting thing was that somepony brought here several mattresses, rags, pillows and blankets. There was also a metal barrell filled with some rubble and ash.
>You have found the hideout. There might be something useful here and Wish started to dig through the lockers and beddings instantly.
>"Come on, we don't know when they will return" she encouraged you to help her with... was it a theft? Clean's expression said it could be considered as one.
>"What do you think you are doing here?" she hissed at pegasus mare.
>"Scavenging."
>"Stealing!"
>"We need stuff too."
>>
>>25741857
Let's find out who's here first. The stuff is not going anywhere.I want to see if we can work with this pony. You weren't too happy when we took your things remember?
>>
>>25741892
"You weren't too happy when I took your saddlebags, don't you remember?" you remarked before potential conflict could escalate. "Besides, I think we should find out who lives here first. If they are just survivors like us we have no right to take their things."
>"And you're just waltzing in there, acting like you own the whole place!" added Clean, quietly but with audible anger.
>"Oh, you said I was mad at you. Of course I was, I was still alive and present, guarding important shit" Wish said, stopping what she was doing and returning to your position. "Rights of war - you take what you can use if it's not guarded or nailed to the floor."
>>"Oh I wouldn't be so certain about this, miss featherhead" all of a sudden you heard a gentle stallion voice.
>Clean gasped, Wish turned to the door assuming fighting position and you jumped a little, turning around mid-air.
>A tall, slim and pretty spruce - in current circumstances it was almost a miracle - unicorn stallion. He was wearing nothing but a jacket taken from some suit.
>>"May I ask what are you doing here? Besides trying to steal our belongings, that is."
>>
>>25742036
Scavenging for food, cloth, weapons. Anything that can be useful really. Who are you?
>>
>>25742066
"We're looking for food, cloth, weapons, anything we could use really" you said straigh out, looking right at him.
>It's not like you were the one trying to take his stuff anyway.
"And who are you?"
>>"I, my little mare, am the owner of this very place you are within right at this moment. And I think thieves were never allowed in this theatre. I'd like you to return all that you took from us and leave, or face the consequences. If by any chance this is only a misunderstanding, be swift in explaining it. I'm a civilized pony, willing to listen."
>Just now you noticed a faint light behind him, coming from the corridor. It was artificial, not coming from the horn or fire.
>This meant that somepony has to be with him, which would explain why he used 'us' often.
>>
>>25742184
Wish, put back anything you took. My friend here just got a little excited and like every pony else outside is desperate. We apologize.
>>
>>25742231
"Wish" you began "please, put back whatever you already took, okay? I have to apologize, my friend got too excited about this place and we are desperate, just like everypony around. I'm really sorry."
>She looked at you, then at the unicorn and past him, like she was trying to see who was behind the door.
>After that she did as you said, emptying her pockets, putting back some food, pack of batteries, lighter, flashligh.
>"That would be it" she said politely, looking down at the ground, as from shame. "I'm sorry, I've been carried away a bit."
>>"I understand. We are living in difficult times, but remember: it doesn't justify outright theft, especially that you never know from whomever you are stealing. What if we were, let's say, a pair of old ponies who hid in this marvellous building from cruelty of the war? Hmm?"
>She assumed a straight face, but thanks to your abilities you saw a blink in her eyes.
>"I would definitely help them by all means. We all should care about our elder and children, unless we want to turn into vicious savages."
>>"Good answer, pegasus. Now, is there anything I could help you with, after we solved our little inconvenient misunderstanding?"
>>
>>25742389
Have you looked every where you could in the theater? Can we look around and try to find anything you haven't picked up?

How big is your group? Are you willing to trade? Do you know where any friendly ponies are?
>>
>>25742389
Do you know of any "interesting" places near this theatre?
>>25742438
This, trading is a must.

But be carefull who we are talking to, nobody talks fancy like that unless they know they have the upper hand.
>>
>>25742438
>>25742481
>Oh, so he wanted to be helpful to you, in return for your cooperation. Awesome.
>Time for some questions!
"I think I might to know several things before I'll go."
>>"Go on then, I will gladly answer your questions."
"First, have you looked everywhere in the theatre?"
>>"I couldn't say I checked every single room here. I think I know why are you interested in this matter. I don't have anything against you searching through the untouched places, but mind you, try to touch our belongings and you will regret coming here. Our stashes are usually marked."
"Okay, I will remember. What about other interesting places I could visit?"
>>"I don't know your definition of 'interesting' but there are certain places worth visiting, most of them near the Old Town. There should be some food or other things left in there."
"Thank you. And now other questions, I think they are bonded together, so I'm asking them all at once."
>>"Go on."
"How big is your group? Are you willing to trade with us? And what about other friendly ponies around? Are they present? I want to know if we should be wary or we may allow ourselves to ease."
>>"Well, you definitely could become a journalist with that curiousity of yours. But it is said 'ask and you shall receive', or something similar. I can't remember correctly, unfortunately. So this part of Fillydelphia, not only my theatre but whole district, is a rather friendly place. Every group tries to keep to itself, sometimes helping each other. We follow a set of simple rules, I can summarise it with 'treat ponies like you would like to be treated'. Finally, our group. Move aside, please."
>You did as you were requested, taking several steps away from the doors to make way, youf friends close to you.
>cont
>>
>>25742848
>Then the unicorn entered the room and he was followed by two earth ponies. They weren't particularly bulky, but their strenght was visible to the naked eye.
>>"This is Tinpot and his sister Dixie. There are more of us around, you will certainly meet them if you decide to take a look around my theatre."
>Earth siblings muttered a greeting. Their faces could be made of stone, that's how tough they were looking.
>What will you do?

Shower time.
>>
>>25742860
What's your name so that I can tell other ponies in your group that I'm allowed to be here?
>>
>>25742941
"I think we will walk around the theatre a bit" you said. "I think we might need to know your name, though. You know, if we stumble across one of your friends, we wish to make them sure we are allowed to be here."
>>"I understand your concern, so please listen carefully. My name is Sharp Quill. They might ask you for additional information, then you shall send them to me, showing them this thing first."
>With these words, the unicorn levitated a simple 'STAFF' card on a string to you.
>>"You can simply wear this at visible spot all the time. Return it to me when you will be on your way out."
>Then, after you nodded at him, he turned around to his companions, gesturing for them to leave. They obeyed at once, making you some space.
>Any place in the theatre you want to visit most? This is a big building and apart of scavenging you might go sightseeing a bit - you never were here.
>>
>>25743234
It would be nice to get some clothes since the weather is getting colder.
>>
>>25743234
Let's scavenge our way up.
>>
>>25743277
>>25743321
>You and your team left the room and began to scale nearest corridor, the left one.
>Since Quill and his what you assumed to be guards arrived from this direction, there was a possibility of finding a staircase or more corridors to check.
>And why did you need a staircase? The answer was simple: you decided to scavenge your way up, floor by floor until you'll reach the top of this building.
>"So where are we going now?" asked Cushions after not a long time of wandering around.
"Up, I think. It's likely that whole ground floor was cleared by them, I'd like to focus on higher ones. Also here is what we are looking for, besides all the useful stuff. We need warm clothes. It's getting colder and colder and I don't think we will last on those we have. Especially that we torn cleanest ones to lints and to use their pieces for filters."
>"Sounds good."
>"I don't need clothes, so would you mind if I'd focus on other things instead?" asked Wish.
"No, it's okay. So our tasks are fairly distributed, I'm going to look for anything really and you both will focus on clothes and survival stuff respectively."
>You got one nod from your earth friend and one from pegasus.
>cont
>>
>>25743546
>There was no way of knowing how much time had passed since you started your search, however you felt rather tired and you didn't go through all the place.
>Your stomach rumbled and Clean seemed to be in a little discomfort too. Only Last Wish was as vigorous as before.
>Two times you had to point right to your card when you met Quill's ponies. They had no questions after you did, just like he was their absolute overlord.
>One of them was kind enough to point you in the direction of costume room. There were plenty of clothes of all shapes and sizes, wide range of styles, coming from different epoques.
>There was also a pony dressed in cloakroom attendant suit. He didn't obey you when you showed him the card.
>>"What do you want from here, eh?" his elder voice was sharp, it hurt to even listen to it for long.
"I'm just asking for some warm clothes, that's all."
>>"And you think you can come in here and just take these clothes, eh? It isn't working like that, lady. You have to be allowed to do it first."
>Go and look for Sharp Quill, wasting more time or try to bargain with the stubborn pony? He seemed to be just too strict and attached to rules, not malevolent.
>>
>>25743559
but I was given the card by sharp quill himself. then doesn't that mean that i'm allowed to take what I need?

Are these clothes yours? I was told that I wasn't allowed to take things that belonged to others. Though there are no "rules" saying that I can't pick up something that no pony wants.
>>
>>25743628
>There was no time to walk around the whole place again to find Quill and bring him here to scold this old guy.
>You had to solve it on your own and you actually had an idea how to do it.
"Isn't the card enough for you?" you asked, assuming more demanding tone, acting like you were following whatever rules were set here. "It was given to me by Sharp Quill himself, and as far as I know he is your leader."
>Damn, that tone was so annoying that you wanted to punch yourself in the face. But you had to continue.
"Besides, who made you responsible for all these cloths and costumes? Are they yours by any chance?"
>>"N-no" he sputtered, his confidence cracking. "Bu-but the director said only actors are able to use costumes and you are not an actor! You are just staff, if anything!"
"And I was allowed to use the costume storage at will, for clothes here don't belong to anypony anymore. I. Have. The card."
>>"Fine" he sighed, giving up with a resigned shrug. "But take only what you need!"
>A success! You were now able to choose clothes for all members of your group.
>Using this chance, you took warmest and thickest clothes you could find - sweaters, coats, fur hats. They filled yours and Clean's saddlebags to the brim - there was a lot of material to carry around.
>Now only Last Wish is able to scavenge some more.
>>
>>25743915
We got a lot of stuff. I think we can call it a day soon. Let's try to fill last wish's pack though.
>>
>>25743915
Is Last Wish staying with us all the way home?
>>
>>25743982
>>25743991
>Before considering your possibilities you wanted to ask Last a question.
>It needed to be asked anyway, you just completely forgot about it, asuming that she joined you forever.
"So umm... Last? I think we forgot about something."
>"Hmm? About what?"
>"About leaving you in the train station" whispered Clean almost voicelessly.
>Wish perked her ears towards the earth mare, but didn't say a word. She had a rather good hearing, you thought.
"We forgot to ask if you want to stay with us at our place, not only accompany us during current scavenging. I don't know for how long, let's assume two days for now."
>Pegasus eyed Cushions again with expressionless face, then she turned to you.
>"You're the leader, Spring. I'd like to stop at your's, but it's your decision."
>What is your answer?
>>
>>25744206
If you would like to come then that's fine with me. I'll introduce you to every pony when we get there.
>>
>>25744249
"If you would like to come then that's fine with me. I'll introduce you to every pony when we get there." you said, and Last nodded, acknowledging your decision, giving you a gentle smile.
>Clean wanted to say something, but she managed to hold whatever words were forming in her mouth. You were one hundred percent sure these weren't pleasant words, so you felt glad she remained silent.
>A weird feeling, you never though you will be annoyed by your friend.
>"So if we're going home together, lead the way. I think we're done here. I mean, I could scavenge some more, but I don't want to drag you with me."
>To it was settled, you are returning home with additional comrade, at least for the time being.
>Pegasus mare seemed to be quite happy about this turn of events, even offering an apology to Clean "for all the shit I said".
>Latter of the mares wasn't as joyful, she accepted the apology and murmured hers, though.
>You had a long way to go.

>It was early evening when you have reached your destination. The block was standing where it should, and even frontline seemed to be calm today.
>Maybe because it started to snow intensely.
>You introduced Last Wish to Kalina and Hranchak, both were wary, but glad to see a new muzzle in the group, especially that pegasus looked like experienced pony.
>But this merry scene had a grim accent in it. When new mare was after introduction and moved to find herself a place to sleep and you started to unpack your stuff, you noticed a thing.
>Clean written something on a piece of cardboard, then she showed it to Kalina. After the elder mare read the note, she looked at Last with suspicion.
>Is Cushions already turning them against each other?

Some shit got in my way. Already solved.
>>
>>25744729
Let's at least find out what cushions said. Last wish isn't perfect but we can at least give her some leeway if she's helping us.
I feel like we can rely on her when dealing with bandits.
>>
>>25744800
>You had to step in and se what was the fuss about, so you could prevent any possible future conflicts.
>It's the first time somepony tries to join your team and Clean acts all hostile and paranoid.
>Maybe Wish was right? Maybe earth mare is like that all the time? She was your friend and comrade, but you didn't really spend much time with her, being away more often than staying in the basement.
>But now it was less important than checking what she wrote to Kalina. You trotted towards the two and heard a faint whisper when you got close.
>Time to be straightforward.
"What was that note?" you said, and it sounded a little less politely than you wanted.
>"Calm down, sweetie. There is no need to get mad" said crippled pegasus "We with Cushins here are just sharing some observations. All calm, all nice. Nothing bad is happening."
>"And you are coming to us all prissy and ready to fight" added green earth pony.
"Prissy?"
>"I can't say Clean wasn't kind of right this time. You looked... aggressive."
"It's just because I don't want conflicts in our group. We don't need to jump to each other's throat. Now, could I see the note?"
>"Of course" Kalina handed you the cardboard.
>It said only as follows: 'Look at the mare. She's not normal civillian. She used mirror to send blinks', then it was added 'a code maybe? A cipher?'
>So Clean was just sharing her doubts and suspicions. Was it really necessary?
>>
>>25745106
It's alright to be suspicious. Just do me a favor and if you come to any discoveries come to me alright?
>>
>>25745106
Considering what the guard said it is obvious that she was communicating with somebody. It's possible that she's with the military on some kind of covert assignment. The only way to find out would be to decode the notes she has in her bags
>>
>>25745137
>>25745223
>It wasn't necessary to rise suspicion when it's not needed, you answered yourself.
>But there was nothing wrong with a little doubt here and there, especially that Wish was still new here and... these mysterious notes with dots and lines. They bothered you too.
>Ashamed, you admitted to yourself that you might've overreacted. That you probably forgotten about rule of limited trust. But you haven't meet a pony so willing to join you for long.
"I'm sorry" you said. "I jumped on you for no real reason, I don't know why."
>"This siege thing plays on our nerves, that's all, Spring" crippled mare decided to cheer you up. Thankfully. "You should take a break, stop thinking about so much for a bit, rest. Come on, eat something, I can hear your tummy even with my old ears!"
"Just remember, if you have any doubts or if you discover something important, let me know about it, okay? Then we could take any action together, as a group of friends we are."
>"Sure. I think it got on my nerves too. Sweet Celestia, I'm so tired I could sleep during a shelling" said Cushions with a wide yawn.
>"Don't say it" Kalina scolded Clean half-seriously "or else you may call it."
>"Oh okay, jeez."
>You left them to their own devices and looked around to find your half-emptied can of some green goo, spinach probably.
>Thanks to Hran you were able to heat it first this time.
>With your stomach full, any quarrel settled and saddlebags unpacked you could close this day and just hit the hay.
>Most of your friends were already preparing to do the same, with exception of Last.
>She was wide awake and she looked around your shelter scrutinously.
>>
>>25745544
Ask what she thinks of the place. It's pretty great isn't it? Or does she think it needs something?
>>
>>25745544
Let's get to know her a bit better. What did she do before the war? Where did she live? Does she have any family? Make sure to let her ask us questions so she doesn't feel like it's an interrogation.
>>
>>25745588
>>25745617
"I see you like our little shelter" you began, making her instantly turn to face you. That was one unnervingly fast turn. "Comfy, isn't it?"
>"Yeah... looks pretty nice, and you managed to gather quite an amount of supplies. I'm actually astonished. Maybe it's because you are this close to the frontline. Scavengers are afraid to dig here. Really, finding a whole block of flats plus basement all for yourself and your friends is truly an achievement."
"Well, to be honest it wasn't empty when we arrived here. You know, we aren't from these parts of the city. I'm from Millenium Estate and my friends used to live somewhere in the southern suburbs. But one day we were evacuated from here. When it was safe again, our group returned. We... kind of forgot to let others know that they can come back."
>Last Wish laughed loudly at your explanation, earning hisses from all others.
>"Oh, I see you are a smartass" she shook her head with a smile. "Natural survivor, just like me. You only need to be guided, shaped to be more thick-skinned, if you get my drift."
>She seemed to be more open to conversation now, when Clean was trying to sleep instead of looking at her every single step.
>You may use it to get to know her.
"Won't you mind if I ask what were you doing before the war?" you began.
>"No, feel free to ask. I said I was a hiker. A professional one, to add. I roamed throughout all of Equestria and beyond, visiting such places as Badlands, Yakyakistan, Pferdreich. I lived from various jobs, mainly delivering letters and packages. And you?
"I wouldn't say my life was even 1/4 as exciting as yours. I was working in a store."
>"Sounds mundane."
>cont
>>
>>25746084
"Oh, it was, you can't even imagine. Wake up, eat, work, eat, take a shower, maybe watch some tv and get to sleep. All day every day. Except Sundays."
>She cringed visibly.
>"This is the kind of life I tried to escape."
"And where did you live? Are you fillydelphian?"
>"No, not really. I moved here a month before war started. I was living with my coltfriend in his cloudhouse floating near WIndsoar. Imagine Cloudsdale, everypony knows Cloudsdale, but about four, five times bigger. There's a weather central there."
"And I lived here for my whole life. I moved out of my parent's flat when I finished highschool. I wanted to live on my own, wished to achieve some great things. Aim for the stars."
>"You survived to this very day. That's definitely an achievement. What about your parents, are they okay?"
"My dad's fine, he lost a leg but he has his own group. I don't know anything certain about my mom, though."
>"Ohhh... we may look for her one day, nothing is lost yet."
"I guess you are right" you said in tone sadder than just a while ago.
>Is there anything more you want to get out from Last Wish?
>>
>>25746093
Ask if she would like to go to the mall tomorrow. But other then that?
Not really. I think we can go to sleep too now.
>>
>>25746093
It's nice of her to join the party. I'm sure here skill set and experience will come in handy. We should just sleep lightly for the first night with her, though.

>>25741628
It's good to see this thread again. Hope everything is going good with your job and all. Did you get your air rifle yet? Don't worry about not accommodating to my schedule. All the other anons are plenty smart and resourceful. In the end I'm just another one of them.
>>
>>25746130
>>25746201
"About things at hoof" you broke the silence, wishing to sketch a schedule for the next day. "We need to plan what will we do tomorrow. I don't know, since you look like a skillful pony with practice of survival, we could go and visit the mall guardsmare told us about. How does this sound to you?"
>"I think I can roll with this. It's not like I know about many other places we could visit. I thought about that cinema, thought. The stash and all that. But what are the chances of it being untouched if its location is discovered? I say they are really low, now when I have enough time to calmly think about it. On the other hoof if one stash is in that place, there can be another, hidden better."
"I'd prefer to go to the mall first, it sounded safer and I don't really want to make my group too worried. I think Clean could grow paranoid partially because of me. There's no way to be sure, though."
>"Sure. Cinema won't run away, right? So we got our schedule, thanks for taking me with you tomorrow. Will anypony join us?"

>>25746201
Some of my problems sorted out, that's why I found enough willpower to resume to this CYOA. I like it, but I was rather sad, unable to find the drive, hype necessary to run. But I'm still not certain if I won't get fired - some of my responsibilities were given to another person. Also I didn't manage to buy air rilfe yet. I was forced to spend much more money than I though. Maybe next month.
>>
>>25746443
I'll ask tomorrow is anyone would like to come.
>>
>>25746443
Hran can come. He's strong and doesn't bitch the way Clean does.
>>
>>25746512
>>25746571
"I think we could take Hranchak with us, but I think I will ask him tomorrow. Recently he wasn't too eager to go, wanting to spend more time with his grandmother" you replied, your voice already sounding weaker from sleepness.
>"I didn't ask when you introduced me to them, but now I can, everypony besides us is dead asleep. Kalina and Hranchak? What kind of names are these?"
"Foreigh" you simply said with a shrug. "I don't think you really want me to explain it all. They aren't native Equestrian, that's just about it."
>"I thought so. The mare spells words harder and in more melodic way than any other pony I know. So... good night I guess?"
"Good night."
>Last layed down in a sleepbag she brought with her, wriggled in there a bit and closed her eyes.
>You went to your own mattress and extinguished the candle standing nearby. Only light that remained was dying orange coming from the bucket-stove.
>Really tired and sleepy, you couldn't allow yourself to rest completely, you said to yourself. This night you had to sleep lightly. Just for safety reasons.
>Soon your eyes closed on their own, regular breaths of all your friends sounded like greatest lullaby ever.

No need to give input. I have a certain thing to write, but after a short break.
>>
>>25746699
>I have a certain thing to write.

I have a bad feeling about this.
>>
>>25746699
>You didn't have a pleasant dream this time.
>It was a scary nightmare. You saw Thorn standing over you, bigger than you remembered her to be. A wicked smile was stuck to her muzzle, all of her teeth were sharp as the glass shard you used as weapon back then. Terrifying laughter of hers made you sweat, and when she lowered her head you thought you will piss from sheer terror.
>A thunder boomed in the air and with that you woke up, panting quickly.
>There was a faint sound audible when you came to your senses, like somepony was turning around on their hooves.
>It was completely dark around you, basement windows couldn't provide nearly enough light to make you see your surrounding at the moment, but your hearing was alright.
>Another sound. Really, really quiet. Soft steps, much softer than clacking of hooves. A shady figure appeared over you. It was standing there silently, as if checking on your condition.
>>
>>25747083
Light up our horn.
>>
>>25747108
I think we should pretend to be asleep and then light our horn when they're not standing over us. Or do you really want to confront them now?
>>
>>25747129
Good point.
>>
>>25747129
>>25747281
>You did your best to pretend that you were dead asleep, just like rest of your party.
>The mysterious figure stood above you for some more time, you could feel it's presence, then it moved away, although the quiet steps didn't stop, they were audible here and there.
>Opening your eyes - they adjusted to the darkness as good as it was possible - you began to look around really, really slowly, while simultaneously lighting your horn a bit.
>It wasn't the hardest part, though. Keeping your breath calm was.
>And that's all you managed to do before the figure turned around to face you again. Turning your light on was a mistake.
>Kick quicker than a thought landed on your head, fortunately you were still low, so you weren't hurt that much.
>However you felt dizzy and you couldn't clearly see who was the offender.
>You couldn't even tell if it was a pony, the hit was hard but felt softer than a hoof.
>Brutal force turned you on your side and you felt a trip wire around all your legs. Something cold and very... alien found its place on your horn. You were also gagged.
>However hastily bound wire felt a little loose. Just a little.
>Slowly coming to your senses you heard two loud thuds and one surprised yelp, before silence engulfed whole basement again.
>You tried to light your horn again, only to feel a sting of enormous pain wenting from your horn throught your whole body.
>"Don't hurt yourself there. At least not yet" you heard familiar voice.
>>
>>25747539
Forgot name
>>
>>25747539
Can you tell us who's voice?
>>
>>25747539
Ah, so we were betrayed.
>>
>>25747654
Wish's, >>25747669 is right.
>>
>>25747539
Don't fight back, we can't do the ragdoll trick as well if we're dizzy. Insist on the light, we'll be able to hide our intentions better if we don't suddenly start glowing before we attack.
>>
>>25747719
Well then can we spit out the gag or just use our hooves or are our front hooves tied to our back ones?

We can also press our horn against something and then pull our head and that should get whatever ring we have on off.
>>
>>25747755
Nothing about a ring and struggling or trying to escape would only give us another smack to the head. We should try to convince her to let us speak
>>
>>25747812
Alright then. We'll try that.
>>
>>25747723
>>25747755
>>25747812
>Before you even started to think about your next steps you had to wait a bit to stop being dizzy.
>It took a while, but it also allowed you to inspect your surrounding more closely. You had to process gained information longer, though.
>Your hindlegs were bond hard, in fact they were in pain, but forelegs had more space. And they weren't tied to hindlegs, which was good news.
>When your diziness faded, you tried to light your horn again, you needed light not only to see, but to hide glowing aura if you wished to use other spells. It didn't work and you arched your back from another dose of pure pain.
>"I said calm down. No magic can damage dwimerite, it just harms it's source instead. In this case, you."
"Wish... why?" you simply asked, not sure if hot tears were a result of pain or sadness.
>"It's simple. You know too much. Do you seriously think I wasn't aware you went through my notes? But I thought I will be forced to take out only two ponies, not four."
>She started to dig through her saddlebags slowly and conscientiously in search of something.
>It was clear what she might've been looking for soon enough.
>"I promise it will be painless. Look at it that way: I'm doing you a favour. None of you will suffer anymore."

I think you will have much time to come up with neat arguments, because I will have to go to sleep really soon.
>>
>>25747941
Ah, and you managed to spit the gag out on your own. I'm really tired.
>>
>>25747941
What notes? The dots? We don't even know what those notes mean. If I drew a bunch of squiggles should I kill you because you saw them? You're sounding like a crazy pony right now.

Also there's no such thing as a painless death and I don't need that kind of favor.
>>
>>25747941
Why didn't the ring stop us the first time? She hit us when we started glowing, but the ring didn't do anything.
>>
>>25747539
>You tried to light your horn again, only to feel a sting of enormous pain wenting from your horn throught your whole body.
>>
>>25748022
>wenting
Yehp, I definitely need to go to sleep right now.
I mean't 'going' of course.
>>
>>25748045
throught?
>>
>>25747941
Fuck me in the ass. Did she kill the others? Our front hooves are bound looser than they should. If we can unbound our hooves than we can slide the ring off and use our magic to fight. The best way to tie a pony's hooves together, at least what I can think of, is to tie in a figure eight pattern. If we are tied in a figure eight pattern and are bound loosely than we can free one of our hooves. If we wiggle one hoof around the rope should tighten around that hoof. Because the rope is tighter around that hoof the other hoof should be looser. After that pull off the ring and either try casting the brightest light possible after closing our own eyes or use our telekinesis to crush her throat. If we use the light than Wish needs to be looking right at us. If her head is turned than we'll just tip her off to what we're doing. Regardless, we need to be subtle about our movements until the end because when Wish notices what we're doing she'll do whatever it takes to stop us.
>>
Hope this goes well. If not we'll just have to kick her.
>>
>>25734405

CYOAs are roleplaying. so fuck off, losers
>>
>>25750708
Okay, OiE
>>
>>25748005
>>25748470
Rested and ready.

>You had to do something and you needed to do it quickly, if you wanted to save yourself and your friends.
>But too much haste would be as dangerous as sitting here doing nothing, you were aware of that.
>Sacrificing another short while to estimate you chances, you realized that Wish had to act in hurry, giving you chances. Best proofs were just in metaphorical front of you: loosely tied forelegs and rag gag you were able to spit out.
>It was definitely bad, but not unsolvable, you just needed to remain calm and don't panic.
>This is why you shoved thoughts about wellness of your friends deeper into your brain, telling yourself that you heard only thuds, like they were knocked out. At least you assumed that, hoping it was true.
>Before you will try to act, you had to distract pegasus somehow. You didn't have much possibilities with your magic inhibited, however you were still able to talk.
"The dots? I don't even know what those could mean, are you crazy enough to kill a pony because she saw some drawings of yours?" you tried your first argument - playing clueless. "It's just like I'd try to kill you because you discovered my kindergarten pictures!"
>She chuckled a bit when she heard this, but didn't stop searching through her bags, noc giving you much attention. Good.
>"What did I say about being a smartass before?" she said, turning to the other bag. "I really wish we met in different circumstances. You won't trick me by playing dumb, but at least you tried. Besides, even if you'd do that, it's too late. I assaulted you and I don't suppose you will simply let me go without alarming soldiers. Unfortunately, having your group as prisoners would be too risky."
>There was some unpleasantly cold logic in her answer, but when she was distracted you loosen the rope on one of your forehooves even more, not rising suspicion from her. You think you could slip it out easily now if needed.
>cont
>>
>>25752555
>Thank Celestia it was still completely dark.
"It would be much easier to calmly wait for my demise if your promise would be actually true" you began distraction talk again.
"Every death is painful and you know it. Don't even try to delude yourself, you will cause us suffering and I swear to Celestia, if I will be able to return as a ghost, I will haunt you until you die."
>"Oh don't worry. I have a thing I acquired just for those special occasions, in case I was discovered. I just can't find it yet, but we have all night for that. I bet you learned about it in school. It's called phenol."
"And just how some antiseptic will make my death painless?"
>"You'll see for yourself."
>Wish focused on her last bag. You knew you didn't have much time, but you already came up with a plan. Slowly, making pauses whenever pegasus could turn her gaze, you freed both your forehooves, then putting them back in nooses to make it appear like you still were tied up.
>Finally she said "Aha!" and with that took something small out of her bag. Then she trotted closer to the window to prepare, and you could see what she was doing.
>She had a small flask, phenol, and a syringe.
>When it was filled with your liquid doom, she turned around and you let her take a step or two.
>The time has come.
>Gaining all your dexterity you rose your hooves, found the dwimerite ring and took it off in one swift motion. In these circumstances it was really surprising that you didn't fail at any point.
>Then you closed your eyes, noticing that she already fastened her pace, and casted the brightest light spell you could ever imagine, forming a flash, like thunderbolt struck the floor in front of you.
>cont
>>
>>25752562
>A loud inpony hiss coming from Last's direction indicated that it probably worked well, so you opened your eyes and threw forehoof rope away. You quickly lit you horn, weaker this time.
>Syringe was lying on the floor, pegasus backed away from you, rubbing her eyes.
>You reached to her with you telekinesis, light spell instantly dispersed. You tried to catch her.
>But you met with resistance! How is this possible?
>What else could you do? Whatever it was, it had to be done fast.
>>
>>25752570
Anti-magic, huh? Hopefully it doesn't work against physical attacks and only protects her rather than protecting the area around her. We have rope and a syringe within our grasp. Salty is somewhere and Wish probably took our knife but I don't think we have time to look. Keep the syringe close to us so we can use it as a melee weapon should we be in the position. We have some rope that we can wrap around her throat with our telekinesis. I think that's our best bet for attack.
>>
>>25752849
>Don't panic. Don't panic. It wasn't that bad yet. Just some anti-magic, maybe a medallion, bracelet, whatever she could hide under her clothes.
>Whatever it was, it prevented you from grabbing her with your telekinesis, however you were still able to physically attack her.
>There was no time to look for your knife, assuming she didn't take it away from you, but syringe filled with phenol could serve as a weapon or threat. There was also a rope previously wrapped around your hooves.
>You picked both items, levitating syringe to your hooves while keeping rope in your magic.
>Just in time to see that Wish was regaining composure. Either you were sluggish this time or she was able to adapt really fast.
>The pegasus used her wings to leap forward to you, startling you. There was no chance of using rope or syringe, you barely managed to dodge her jump.
>There was no real chance of looking for Salty, maybe still lying ts Hran's side, maybe not. You had to be focused at your enemy.
>"Please, Spring, don't make it more difficult than it already is" she said, slightly panting from stress.
>What was she thinking?! That you will obey her, just sit down and wait for your phenol injection?
>No fucking way!
>She used your rising anger, you realized it too late, when you dodged another mighty blow aimed at your head.
>She was close enough for you to use your syringe, so you stuck it deep in her side.
>Use the occasion to quickly inject phenol before she will turn around or move away?
>>
I'm really tempted to kill her.

This is most definitely a mistake because she's just going to dive forward and punch us again.

But I say threaten her with the words "move and you die." Then we take the rope and tie her up.
>>
Going to work.
>>
>>25753127
No, we'd probably kill her. We could just launch random objects at her since her flight paths are fairly predictable and we're in a confined area which would limit movements.
>>
>>25753127
Stab her.
Use your anger, it makes you stronk
DO IT
>>
>>25753127
We have to kill her.

>>25753288
>>25753467
It's a real fight. We have to commit completely. Playing around will only get us killed.
>>
>>25754710
Or we can disable her. Whatever is blocking our magic won't protect her from objects we control, be that a syringe full of poison or a sleeping bag and rope we can tie her up with.
>>
>>25754792
Or we can end it now. We have a chance to inject her with phenol right now otherwise we have to continue a fight we may not win. Let's end this right here, right now.
>>
>>25754929
You don't think she'll back down if she knows that we can kill her in this instant?
>>
>>25754929
And loose a potential asset to our soldiers.
>>
>>25754996
Isn't this a snap decision? It's kinda phrased as one. I think we're in a situation where we either do it now or the fight continues.

>>25755005
Explain further. How is she valuable to the soldiers?
>>
>>25755799
Yeah, in the heat of battle we would kill her first and then ask questions later.
But something in me still wants to threaten her and try to find out what those messages are about.
>>
>>25755799
Since she doesn't want to be turned into the soldiers it means she either works for a very well organized bandit group or the dogs. From the way she's acting I'm going to assume she's a spy, albeit a bad one. That means she has information the the soldiers can use and it is possible she could be convinced to switch sides and give whoever she's working for false information that could lead them into ambushes or protect our forces. Plus Spring isn't a killer and if she's given a chance to make a conscious decision she'd probably avoid that option unless there was no other choice.
>>
Back from work. As >>25755799 assumed, this is a snap decision. You either stab her right now or you risk her getting away from the syringe in an instant.
>>
>>25756628
Do we actually have to inject the contents of the syringe or could we just stab her?
>>
>>25756688
Stabbing with the syringe will result in pain, obviously. You don't really need to inject phenol, but without injection you will only disturb her fighting rhythm, not for too long.
>>
>>25756721
What if we leave the syringe in her and keep it in our grip? We could force her to stop by threatening to inject the contents and even if she doesn't believe us she'd probably be stationary for long enough for us to hit her with something else.
>>
>>25756787
I think she's in motion. That's why I'm saying kill her right now otherwise she'll keep moving.

>>25756032
She's trying to kill us right now.
>>
>>25757011
She needs to land and turn around before she can attack again and we're the one with the weapon and the ability to throw anything in the room at her.
>>
>>25757095
Why are we taking unnecessary risks? So that we can turn over a spy? What does that accomplish but merely making ourselves feel important and filling our bellies for a day? We'll still have her notes in the end. If you're willing to waste a bad roll, than fine. Let her live.
>>
>>25757268
People are usually worth more alive then dead though I am on the train of killing her because it would make solving the notes easier rather then starting from square one.
>>
>>25757268
Better the evil that's known. What's to prevent whoever she works for from getting a new spy and tracking down the old spy's killer? What's to say that all of the information is in the notes? Are they encrypted by more then Morse code?
>>
>>25757330
I think your missing a "not" somewhere in your post.
>>
>>25757350
I think you're over estimating how important a spy is. Just know that if she dies we just end up with free shit. If she lives we either earn more shit or die trying.
>>
>>25757473
So there isn't the slightest chance that the individual who's in-charge of the spy would try to hunt down an individual that killed their spy and acquired possibly sensitive information?
>>
>>25756032
>>25756787
>>25753288
>This was a matter of such a short time that even a second seemed to be too long do describe it.
>You pushed the syringe, sticking it deeper into Wish's side, feeling her clothes and then skin being pierced.
>However you didn't push it's piston, you didn't finish your job.
>Not that you really wanted to, even if you were completely able to force yourself to do it. She was a spy and leaving her alive might be usefu'.
>If you actually manage to do it without killing her or letting her harm you or your friends.
>She yelped in pain and tried to jump away, continuing her motion, however without using her wings this time Then you pushed your freshly acquired lethal weapon even deeper, risking that you will break the needle.
"Try to move and I will send you straight to Tartarus" you said with anger, but not very loud.
>She didn't comply, snarling at you instead and she literally swept the syringe away, breaking the needle.
>Your weapon was gone, but she was clearly in pain, with the piece of metal in her side.
>This time Last didn't try to attack you or jump somewhere, she trotted away fast, heading towards other side of the basement. Luckily, you were standing by the exit now, so she was deeper in the building instead of being close to escape route.
>cont
>>
>>25757648
>Quickly you started to levitate various things, then throwing them in her general direction, trying to do it as fast as possible.
>It was more a distraction than real attack, though. You wanted to keep her busy while you were slowly approaching with the rope enveloped in your aura.
>Pegasus was following the nature of her race and tried to be always moving, avoiding improvised projectiles, using her wings - latter was rather rare. You could see she wasn't very comfortable. At least syringe helped you a bit before it was lost.
>Finally she picked up something long.
>Salty was in her hooves. Was she so desperate to shoot, so close to the frontline?
>Oh, she definitely was. And she did it.
>You got down, literally collapsing on the floor. Even if it was rock salt, it could hurt you. Then you dropped everything and yanked the gun with your magic.
>She was unarmed again, but she tried to use fact you were down and galloped towards you again. You will not be able to get up in time.
>>
>>25757665
Swing salty like a bat and hit her right in the face. when she's disoriented hit her again. And then again. And then again. Beat her so badly she can't stand.
>>
>>25757665
Don't bother getting up and intercept her attack with your own. Even if we didn't inject it, I'm surprised that none of the stuff got into her.
>>
>>25757716
This.
>>
>>25757716
Hitting her once to stop the attack is okay, but we should try to shoot her rather than using it as a bat. We don't want to break Salty.
>>
>>25757716
>>25757721
>>25757787
>Salty! Where did it... oh, you still were holding the gun in your grip, surprisingly.
>And now it was the best possible time to make use of its butt.
>Trying to remain as calm as you could, you forced your magic to fully cooperate and delivered a hard blow to Wish's head.
>It was in the last possible moment, she was ready to tackle you, but now she only took few more steps, seemingly dazed by your attack.
>Then you decided to hit her again. She was turned by sheer force of your hit.
>And again, but now you attacked her side, making her to step back.
>Again. And again, and again. Wherever you could reach. Back, neck, legs, sides. You were angry.
>Finally she collapsed, but you didn't stop, a vision of your dead body with syringe sticking out of it appeared before your eyes. But nowe you weren't using the gun, which slipped from your magic grip. With bare hooves, you continued to beat her.
>She was limp now, knocked unconscious, just like your friends. Or were they dead already? You hit her again.
>Wait, hold up.
>Were you insane?
>Why you continued hitting her?
>You stopped and bursted into tears, collapsing on the floor. Danger had passed, Wish was lying and not giving a sign of life, blood appeared under her left ear.
>Calm down, you kept saying to yourself, slowly getting back to your senses. It surely took it's time, you began to rock back and forth.
>Again you were threatened, again someone, somePONY tried to take your life away from you. Thorn was dead, did you kill Wish as well?
>Coming closer to her was a task beyound your possibilities right now.
>Everything was. You felt like you could just lie on the ground until the siege ends.
>>
>>25758074
Rest for a few moments. We still have to check on our friends.
>>
>>25758074
WTF!!
>>
>>25758074
Check that she is still alive.

{spoiler]Only one person wanted her dead and that suggestion didn't say to cave her skull in.[/spoiler]
>>
>>25758167
But I didn't say she died.
>>
>>25758179
>>25758167
>Check that she is still alive.

Ah shit. So yeah, well... I'll make me some tea and do the post.

Sorry.
>>
>>25758167
It was foreshadowed that we were moving in the same direction Harvest was in Heat. We felt good about killing Thorn and now we've beaten Wish beyond what's necessary. We'll have to watch ourselves in the future.
>>
>>25758267
>beyond what's necessary
yeah right. she was doing to kill us and she was tough as hell.
>>
>>25758267
WE WERE HAVING NIGHTMARES ABOUT KILLING THORNE! A little bit of excessive force is understandable considering the adrenaline rush that comes with a life-or-death situation, but that doesn't excuse beating somebody until they're brains are leaking out of their ears.
>>
>>25758304
I was the one arguing to kill her earlier, dude. When she was in a position to fight we would be more than morally justified but once she was unconscious it was excessive.
>>
>>25758430
unless we beat her badly enough that she couldn't get up she would have kept coming after us because that's just the way she is.
>>
>>25758537
Once she's unconscious she isn't getting back up. Regardless we'll have to bind her to something structural and tie her hooves.
>>
>>25758103
>>25758167
>Passing time wasn't bothering you in the slightest, you could stay in the same position for Celestia knows how long.
>However there was something poking your mind, the longer you waited the stronger pokes were getting.
>The fate of your friends, and maybe Wish. You have to determine if they all were alive or dead. Shivering from the dark thoughts of losing the ponies closer than your own family to you, you slowly stood up and looked around.
>Darkness was still covering everything like a cloak, but after two tries you lit your horn, the light was pale and weak.
>First you went to Kalina, the oldest pony here.
>Lying beside her, you leaned above her mouth, listening.
>When you heard and felt a faint breath, an immense weight was lifted from your heart, you swear you could breathe easier.
>Then you did the same with every one of your friends.
>Not one of them died, although Clean looked like she tried to do something before she was knocked out.
>After checking on your comrades you turned around and walked towards Last Wish.
>Light of your horn allowed you to see what you did to her.
>Her jaw was moved unnaturally to the left, she was slightly bleeding from under her ear, that one you knew before. Also you found bruises already forming on her body, some of them even resembling a horseshoe.
>But she was alive.
>Her breath was shallow and weak, but regular.
>>
>>25758793
Tie her up.
>>
>>25758793
Since she's out like a light, it's time to go through her stuff.
>>
>>25758838
>>25758875
>Her condition wasn't the best possible one, thanks to you and you only, but you think she could survive getting tied up.
>But to what you should bind her? You trotted around the basement looking for something strong, something you could be sure won't give up and let Wish escape.
>There were some pipes on standing pony height, other pipes coming from the wall close to the floor and then heading straight up and finally two reinforced beton columns.
>You just needed to see how much rope do you have, and after estimating this, you tied her to one of the columns, making her face it.
>Thanks to your idea of leading ropes keeping her forelegs together around the column and binding them to her hindlegs on the other side you made yourself sure she won't free herself and run away.
>After doing that you were free to do other things and you almost instantly decided to go through her belongings.
>Her saddlebags were invitingly opened. There was a layer of clothes, clearly made to hide whatever she had in there from unwanted glances.
>Under them you found the notes, a card with cipher of some sort - you assumed it was a cipher because what else could be a list of random numbers and letters? - her Morse notes, mirror, compass, detailed military map with red marks, circles and arrows placed around the town, a book of poetry and one more syringe. You also found two more flasks of phenol and a list with few names on it. One name was crossed.
>Besides that you got your hooves on some basic survivor stuff: canned food, some medicaments, among them little amount of penicillin, and things to professionally treat wounds, packed in one small box.
>>
>>25759026
look at the marked locations. try to find possible significance. How many names are on the list? What's the name that was crossed out?
>>
>>25759026
Try to remember what we were taught about Morse code in school and try to use that and the cipher to translate one of the notes.
>>
>>25759060
>>25759099
>You separated regular stuff from uncommon objects, putting the former with rest of your group's supplies. No way Wish's getting at least one bite of these things, you thought to yourself with some spite. You will probably hand her to the military or something.
>Then you returned to rest of your findings, deciding to inspect them closely.
>You started with the map. Making your magic light brighter, you looked carefully at it, trying to grasp what these marks were about.
>Circles were located in the Old Town, in several places around the city centre and along the thick red line you assumed to be frontline. One small circle was on the northern bank of the river.
>Arrows were mainly leading from circles to the frontline, some of them pointing from them to marks, placed around the city. One of the marks you recognized as neighbouring hospital, and other one, crossed, was the Lighthouse.
>There were some gray dotted arrows, coming from the outside of Fillydelphia, from various directions, aiming at places with lowest amount of red on them. One arrow was leading through the middle of the river, ending in the Old Town.
>When you were done with the map, you moved to another thing, the list of names. You didn't knew any of these. Crossed one was 'cpt. Fierce Strike' and there were nine names on the list.
>And lastly you took one of the shorter notes in your hooves.
>It was still filled with dots and lines, but now you had time to remember what you learned in school. Morse code was treated as trivia by your teacher, but you were glad he actually told his class about it and explained it.
>Who could possibly predict that one day you will need it?
>Anyway, you took your time to recall it and try to read the note.
>It was in gibberish, undiscernable streams of letters divided by randomly placed spaces. The letters were recurring, of course, nevertheless you weren't able to read the note.
>>
>>25759379
maybe the numbers are supposed to be letters and the letters are supposed to be numbers? 1=a 2=b.
maybe that's what the cipher is for? i dunno. I'm not a code breaker.

Is the book of poetry actually a book of poetry or is it one of those hollowed out books?
>>
Just fucking kill her you dumb fucks.
Then we snatch what she was fucking caring.
>>
>>25759500
And then we burn it because most of it will be useless without her knowledge.
>>
>>25759379
Maybe the letters are scrambled or it's a substitution thing. See if there are any one letter words like "I" or "A"
>>
>>25759431
>>25759636
>Examining the note with numbers and letters you discovered two things. First of them was the fact that it was written by completely different person, one who was not used to Equestrian alphabet.
>Second was that indeed, numbers were assigned to letters, but there weren't any numbers on the note you tried to read before. Strange.
>You checked the book to see if it was hollow maybe, hiding something from you.
>It wasn't carved, but you definitely found something you weren't supposed to. Several pages in the middle had letters in no order whatsoever written above them.

Don't be afraid, I'm not professional encrypter too, so I won't force you to solve it if you won't be able too.

One more post and I will head to bed. Or maybe I should give you time and go to sleep?
>>
>>25759795
That could be useful. I think those go with the first cipher we found.
>>
>>25759795
Try swapping the note's letters with the ones from the book.
>>
Sorry, but I need to go sleep right now, I already took unwanted nap in front of my laptop. Tomorrow I will reply as soon as I will be able to. Sorry again.
>>
This was pretty intense.
>>
Have a good night bump.
>>
One bump.
>>
last wish better appreciate that she's alive right now.
>>
Gotta visit a bank, go for short shopping and I will be ready to write.
>>
>>25759838
>>25759905
>A book with random letters written over regular words might have to do something with the first cipher you've found in Wish's equipment.
>For some reason numbers were only on that first card, you couldn't see them either in the poetry book or in the note you tried to decrypt.
>But it didn't matter for the moment, for you got an idea when you tried to look simultaneously at the book and her short message.
>You tried to swap the letters from the note with those in the poetry book, scrambled letters finally started to resemble perfectly fine Equestrian language.
>Was it really so easy? You mean, this wasn't the best kind of encryption method if a civillian with some highschool knowledge was able to break it.
>Or maybe nopony before you found the keys yet.
>This could possibly explain the fact that pegasus still had them on her when she joined your party. Spies destroy their stuff when they are in danger, at least in those spy movies with Agent 0,7 or what was his name.
>Anyway, thanks to your immense intelligence and skills you were able to finally read what this short note said.
>It was written: "Too curious foal nearly blew my cover, got rid of him, report will be delayed, need to stay low. My current position: [several letters]N, [some more letters]W"
>Last part was probably where she could be found on the map, it sounded like it. You were taught to mark various things on the school maps using geographic coordinate system, so you could assume that N and W were respectively north and west. And letters were numbers.
>So you put the figures from cipher card instead of still not decoded letters and then marked her position on the map you recovered.
>It was the train station. So Clean must've seen Last exactly when she was sending this message to someone.
>You felt a little bit of pride - you were able to discover all this stuff on your own, without anypony's help.
>Now what?
>>
>>25764494
I don't know what to do with this information. We stay awake and wait for our friends to wake up I suppose. We can also just sleep or at least lay in bed.
>>
>>25764494
Try to decipher the meaning behind the marks on the map.
>>
Call of Duty: Went to Work. Tonight session may or may not be shorter.
>>
a little bump
>>
Back, will reply asap. Thank God for slow board.
>>
>>25764889
>>25764899
>Marks were described, but of course even those short notes had t be encrypted.
>You chuckled to yourself. She was very focused on doing that, but at the same time she was keeping the decoding keys almost in the open: not even in her pockets, just in saddlebags.
>Laugh was away to get back to being normal, yes? That's what they say. So you laughed a bit more, the danger was pushed away, literally beaten to the floor. You were alive, your friends were alive.
>And you still wanted to decipher the marks, so you focused your thoughts, light and eyes.
>Decryption allowed you to see simple description of every place: it's name, position in GCS, purpose, military presence [Y/N], estimated amount of soldiers if yes.
>Nothing more than this. However two of the marks seemed to be more personal. They had only name and purpose. Another mark was described as 'the Grave, avoid'. It was in the Northern Fillydelphia.
>All of a sudden you heard movement coming from the column, then a stallion groan from opposite direction.
>>"Ooooy, shcho... what happened?" said Hranchak, you heard him moving in his bedding. "Did I drunk too much? My head hurts"
>Another sound of motion came from the column, along with a cough.
>>
>>25767454
forgot one 'o' and one space
>>
>>25767454
Say hi to hran. Tell him not to move too much. Let's start explaining that our guest didn't like that we looked at her journal.
>>
>>25767614
>Friends before spies, or whatever that saying supposed to sound.
>It didn't matter, Hran was first to wake up, undoubtedly proving that he was alive, althought hurt by Wish's hard hooves. How they weren't making clacking sound when she sneaked around your basement was a mystery. Maybe you'll ask her when she will regain consciousness.
>But now you quickly put down the notes, map and all that and trotted, nearly galloped towards Hran's bedding, barely withholding an urge to hug the living soul out of him.
>It's only because he was first awake! This was the only reason you felt that way!
"Are you okay?" you said loudly and with care, forcefully turning his head sideways with your magic to check on him.
>>"By the grace of all deities" he started "what the fuck do you think you are doing, you insane mare?"
>He was fine enough, judging from his annoyed tone.
"Checking on you, you were knocked out! Now lie down, don't move too much" you replied hastily.
>>"Knocked out? Sure I feel like it happened, but..."
"It was Last Wish, the pegasus, do you remember?" he may have some brain damage, it wouldn't hurt to find out by simple memory test.
>>"Yeah, yeah. I chatted with her a bit. A hiker pony, yes?"
"Yes. So she didn't really like when I stumbled upon her journal" you started your explanation, just then realizing that it sounded like a joke. "I mean she's a spy! I found her notes and she tried to kill all of us this night."
>>"Oh... wait what?"
"I'm not joking, you can have a look if you want" you said, but then you reminded yourself that it was still dark. "When I will light a candle or something, that is."
>>"No, this won't be necessary. I believe you. But... wouldn't she try to recruit us or at least kill us instantly instead of knocking us out?"
"She was more focused on me, I was awake when she tried to follow her plan."
>>"What plan?"
>>
>>25767940
"She wanted to inject phenol in us. It would kill us, and she thought this is a painless way to die, I suppose. Last was definitely trying to convince me it was."
>>"Sooooo... what happened to her?"
"I won the fight..." you began, but you were interrupted by laughter.
>>"Oh really?"
"Yes, really" you replied coldly, but internally you were slightly shaking from the thought. "I beat her up, you will see when you will be able to walk without tripping."
>>"Hey!"
"Don't worry, I'll help you to recover."
>>"Like I need your help."
>You sent him 'the look', but he only grinned in response.
>>"Where is she?"
"Bonded to one of the columns."
>>"I didn't know you were such a badass, Spring. If I did, I might have thought twice before every mock or joke, you know?"
>Everything you want to do or say?
>If Hran woke up, you should expect rest of your group to join him soon.
>>
>>25767955
your jokes are sometimes funny. Now give him a hug.
>>
>>25768009
"Some of your jokes aren't that bad" you decided to reply, then adding "thus I thought I could spare you."
>Then you returned the grin, feeling somewhat lighter. That saying about laughter was probably true, you thought.
>>"Oh, it is so generous I'm going to kiss your hooves in gratitude" said the earth stallion, pretending that he was trying to do it.
>Then you felt the urge to hug him tightly again, and despite your inner struggle it finally overwhelmed you.
>You gave up to it and clenched the orange pony in your embrace, closing him in safety of your forelegs, keeping him close.
>Your cheeks were instantly covered in intense blush, but you tried to hide it, keping your muzzle close to his body.
>He patted your head.
>>"Good that you feel so comfy around me" he said jokingly "Now get out, stickhead."
>With that, he very gently pushed you away.
>>"You see? I'm perfectly fine!"
>He was in good condition indeed, and with a moan coming from Clean's direction you didn't felt like remainig with him for too long because he was first to wake up was a valid excuse.
>"Oh, you think you got me?" you suddenly heard form Last's position. "You'll be surprised..."
>>
>>25768295
Turn around and face last. Pick up a weapon.
You're lucky you're even alive right now Last.
>>
>>25768424
>Upon hearing pegasus' voice you instantly turn around, lifting several things that could seve as a weapon with your magic.
>Even if you weren't exactly good at multitasking you could pick the best one and attack immediately if needed.
>But Last Wish wasn't even trying to attack.
>"Heh" she chuckled. "I think you've won this fight, Spring."
>>"Oh shit" you heard.
>"But Equestria already lost the whole war. The Princesses simply didn't realize it yet."
>With that, she started to chew on something.
>There was a chance to react in a way you wanted, it had to be really quick though.
>>
>>25768666
Alright, she's chewing on a cyanide pill.
Force her mouth open and get some water in there. It will hopefully cause her to cough violently.
>>
>>25768865
>There was no time to hestitate, you had to act immediately.
>She was going to poison herself, you assumed, and you needed to keep her from doing so.
>Thus you got a glass of water swiftly, freshly out of the bucket under a filter. You didn't care to check if it was clean or not, not that you had any means to do so.
>The magic you possessed was proving itself useful right now, but this time it didn't serve to save your life, but to keep somepony else alive.
>A spy, a traitor.
>Nevermind your bad feelings, you had to do this.
>You opened her mouth wide and poured water in there, hoping that she will struggle and maybe spit the poison out, or vomit.
>But much to your disappointment, she tried to swallow the water.
>She took some sips before it was too much for her to handle and she started to cough and spit the water.
>"There's no use of it! It's too late! And my notes are enchanted" she tried to laugh triumphantly, but coughed instead.
>That thing probably got in her digestive system, what could you possibly do?
>>
>>25769165
gag reflex obviously. You need to shove something in her mouth. Something long and hard.
>>
>>25769205
But what? You have nothing but clothes, food, her belongings and Salty.
>>
>>25769334
we have spoons don't we? That will work.
>>
>>25769205
>>25769364
>Oh damn.
>By Celestia, you needed to do something, to prevent her from dying!
>Last can be useful for soldiers, and even for you, for she could read her notes with ease.
>You simply could not let her die.
>So you began to search for something long and hard, something that could help you with inciting gag reflex, with making her vomit whatever she swallowed.
>Something long and hard. Spoons! Spoons could do!
>With use of your own eating spoon you made Last vomit, noticing that she literally tried to stop it by swallowing.
>You cringed. Last was alive, and after all this force usage she was awake but tired.
>Moans of both Clean and Kalina were also audible. Your friends were finally waking up.
>But pegasus can posess some more things up her sleeve.
>She seemed to be very confident, even after puking.
>>
>>25769595
Let's talk to pegasus. Hey last wish! Why are you trying so hard to die? do you hate being near me that much?
I thought you said you liked me and wished we could have met under different circumstances. Have you changed your mind about that?
I also read your book and I am getting close to cracking it's code! Let's see how she reacts to that.
>>
I said session might be cut short. So it is. Right here. Have a good night and I am sorry.
>>
>>25769595
"Killing yourself so no information is leaked huh?"

"A lot of loyalty for a race traitor" or "you're pretty good".
>>25769696
It's alright.
My only advise it's to work in your...I'm not a native speaker myself, but let me show you some examples.

You are= You're
Can not=can't
I am= I'm
Should not = shouldn't.
>>
>>25769595
"Why betray your race? Did you think you would be spared or did you merely think that you could just survive a little longer?Doesn't matter now, does it? You can still redeem yourself, if just enough to make up for lying to us." Let's ask her to give us information on where Dogish troops and safe houses are. But first ask her how the cypher works as a test of her honesty. We already know how it works so if Last says anything in contradiction to what we know than she's lying.
>>
Goodnight guys.
>>
>>25769595
Try to throw her off balance by asking her why she wants to help the changelings so bad.
>>
have a good night everyone.
>>
Don't mind me I'm just wasting a post
>>
Saving
>>
>>25769616
>>25770016
>>25770389
>>25772155
>Something told you that leaving her alone to check if your friends were okay wasn't best idea you could come up with.
>However strong was the urge to turn around and run to their beddings, just like you've done with Hran when he woke up, you had to stay by Last's side and stay alarmed to prevent her from killing herself or escaping.
>Yes, even her escape seemed to be an option with that confident, smug even smile of hers.
>Another urge arised in you. You wanted to erase this smile from her face, you almost seemed to need this to happen. It was not your usual behaviour, thinking like that. So you withheld yourself and walked closer to the mare.
"Why are you so eager to die, to kill yourself so your knowledge will be lost?" you began to talk in low voice, yours but not yours.
>You almost felt like you were facing Thorn again, but this time you weren't so... feelsy, much to your surprise.
"A lot of loyalty for a race trator, don't you think? Wanting to help the Changelings so much..." the last part you added only to confuse and anger her, this might throw her off balance, maybe she won't do something unpredictable again. "Do you think you will be endorsed for that if the Dogs will win? You certainly won't. They too are manipulated. But I can remain quiet about your crimes, you can still redeem yourself, you just need to help us. Reveal Doggish plans, so I could bring them to our soldiers."
>Instead of looking shocked, angered, or at least surprised, the beaten mare in front of you just snickered along with emitting sickening hiss.
>"A race traitor? What right do you have to call me a race traitor you... pony?" then she did something that forced you to literally jump back in fear.
>Green roaring flame engulfed her in a blink of an eye, lighting the whole basement, so you could see everything around you in sharp, terrifying emerald colour.
>Suddenly it disappeared, as instantly as it came to existence.
>cont.
>>
>>25775447
>Then you gasped, and this sound was followed by similar ones coming from all of your friends.
>Instead of a pegasus mare, beaten shitless, forcefully bonded to the basement column, there as a dark, ponylike creature with both curved horn, insect wings and big, blue compound eyes. It's legs and neck were covered in multiple holes of varying sizes.
>And what was worst, that flame burnt the ropes.
>The creature, a Changeling, you recalled, was free. It was in worse condition than totes good, although it was definitery better off than Wish was. It grinned at you.
>"I was hoping I won't be forced to retreat to my last resort, such a shame. I wasn't trying to kill myself. Moreover, I wanted to do completely opposite thing" it said with vibrating female voice. The voice sounded like two joint in one, and this was at least unnerving. "I wanted to make it as painless as possible, but you fucked that up, so I'll just fry you all."
>With that, she used her horn to set ablaze things in different points of the basement, including her notes, and then tried to shoot the beam of some sort directy at you.
>You successfully dodged it, but the beam itself seemed to do nothing when it hit the wall.
>"I don't have time to play your games anymore" she said, and then shot several beams at your friends, who were completely immobilized. Then she set fire to their bedding. "Go on, focus on your precious group. I wonder if any of these naÑ—ve ponies will believe you."
>After these words she turned around and trotted towards the door.

I will be away for a while, but this night's session will possibly be a longer one.
>>
>>25775456
If she want's to leave so badly then throw her threw the roof. We already untied our friends so they aren't immobilized and they're all awake. If we can't throw her through the roof then make sure to give her back her burning bags. How could she aim at her notes if we removed them from her bags which would result in them being placed in a different location than she remembered?
>>
>>25775456
and suddenly beating her badly has become ok. In fact we should have killed her it seems.
it's a good thing we looked at everything and we can reproduce most of it from memory.

Do you see anything around her that you can pick up and then hit her with? if not then go save your friends.
>>
>>25775895
>>25775895
I migh've some explanation to do.
She the cards in the dark, they are light-coloured, but if she's a Changeling they could be marked by something different. You don't know.
Your friends are not tied up or anything, but they are immobilized by spell, paralyzed.
And beating her again was a temptation coming from who knows where, really. You felt it and it was forced away by you.

I hope this helped. And I will reply soon using your suggestions.
>>
>>25775895
>>25775960
>Oh no Wish you didn't, you thought to yourself, before you quickly looked around you.
>There was a wide variety of things you could use to hit her, you were throwing many of them at her before. You swiftly picked several of these things and sent them flying towards her, feeling panic rising in you. Some of the stuff you choose was burning.
>She was definitely hit, you could tell because of a painful yelp, but nevermind your effort she left the basement, although some sparks from the flames started to do their work.
>Maybe her skin was made from chitin? If yes... You really didn't want to think about it right now.
>Then you turned to your friends at once and did the thing that seemed to be most logical for you.
>One by one, you lifted them hastily, just high enough to move them away from the fire and place them on the ground. It didn't took long and fortunately the fire barely touched them before you could extingush it. They could only send you glares full of pain and anger, latter in Hran's case.
>After they were relatively secured you galloped to the notes the mare, or maybe you sould use 'female', left burning. She didn't hit all of them, or maybe heated air from sudden fire blown some of them away. Fortunately the map was spared. You tried to salvage the notes by trampling on the fire, not thinking about intense pain. It was too late for the number encryption code, though.
>And finally you began to quickly trot around and waste your water supply to extinguish the flames, or using your blanket if water would damage burning stuff more.
>cont
>>
>>25776134
>It took a surprisingly short while, and during that time your friends started to move their heads, then limbs.
>Hastily casted spell was wearing off swiftly, but it's work was already done, as well as the fires.
>Last Wish, or whatever might her true name be, had escaped.
>The whole group was terrified, traumatic experience written on their muzzles - they were going to be burned alive. It didn't happen because of you and you only.
>There was no end to showing their gratitude with hugs and shaky voices.
>Only Kalina seemed to be dead silent, gazing into the nothingness and whispering to herself.

You were far more successful than I predicted you will be. You have the map, the book, noone is hurt besides light burns they can treat on their own and just a little of your belongings is lost.
>>
>>25776138
It's our fault that the changeling was here in the first place, then again. no one could have had predicted that a changeling would be walking around out here.
What about that list of names? We should talk to soldiers as soon as possible and say "get ready to hear some crazy stuff."
>>
>>25776138
If we saved the first note we could reconstruct some of the number code. Just out of curiosity, what does fire+chitin=?
>>
>>25776201
Chitin burns easily. Haven't you ever try to kill bugs by incinerating them when you were a child?

>>25776162
>>25776201
>You decided that you will approach her later, after all she had a grandson who eagerly returned to her side to comfort her after he left the pile of cuddles.
>There was some spare time to use when your party members began to care about their burns, Hran already half-jokingly pointing the spots of burnt coat on Clean.
>Everypony was tired, so luckily this didn't spark another quarrel.
>You gathered all the notes you managed to save from hungry green fire. Map was fine, book was okay too, not counting a dark stain on it's cover, and you even found out that list of names was only halfway burnt, it's upper part lost, but first note was gone.
>There was no need to feel guilty, at least too much, you said to yourself when you estimated balance of things lost and secured.
>You brought Last Wish here, ignoring whatever signs visible to Clean Cushions, you thought it was just paranoid nagging. On the other hoof, who would have thought a Changeling, creature supposed to be banished from Equestria or to be sitting in some Doggish office, could freely walk around out there?
>How many of these pests could be in Fillydelphia, undermining it's defences? Or maybe they were sent here recently?
>You felt like you really should talk to the soldiers as fast as possible about all that had happened.
>But could you trust anypony now?
>>
>>25776354
Forgot name again. Also making supper.
>>
>>25776354
We can trust that soldier that gave us a map of the east side? She was pretty nice. Also should we stay here? The changeling knows where our hideout is now. They might send others to finish us off.
Or she could try to infiltrate as one of us. We need a small password system.
I propose a secret hoofshake.
>>
>>25776354
We could trust the soldier we've worked with because she had plenty of chances to screw us over if she was a changeling.
>>
>>25776354
It was actually kinda obvious she was a spy since we looked in her bag. The only thing we didn't know was her allegiance and the fact that she was a changeling. I was posting under the idea that we could learn more about her and find out helpful secrets as well as possibly capturing an enemy.
>>
I got important skype call from family. Will reply as soon as I will be able to. I am sorry.
>>
>>25776425
>>25776737
>>25776886
>Who could you trust? What should you do now? Leave your shelter, try to find another one so you couldn't be found by Wish or her eventual comrades?
>What if she will attempt to infiltrate your group when you will be away, killing off one of your friends and taking his/her place? The party needed something that only you and your companions would know about.
>A password of some sort. But words can be easily discovered, especially when said only in certain times. Maybe you could try with signs instead? Gestures? Or... hoofshake! Perfect idea! Secret hoofshake, that only you and the rest of your group could perform.
>Sounded good enough, so you assumed that with this you will probably be safe from infiltration. If only Last will try, she will be screwed.
>But still you weren't sure if you should stay in this basement or not, and about trusting soldiers.
>When you thought about the latter some more, you recalled that officer mare from the frontline. The one who gave you directions, who shared dropped supplies with your group and held interrogation and trial of that one stallion harassing Bunia.
>She was a safe bet, you thought, for if she would work with the enemy or be a Changeling, she had many occasions to get rid of you.
>So okay, this one problem was solved too.
>You will report what you witnessed to her and her only, then she will warn her superiors and generally do whatever military does in this kind of situations.
>Now only one of questions bothering you remained unanswered, however you had better things to do now, like telling everything to the soldiers.
>cont.
>>
>>25778520
>You picked up captured notes, the book and the map, carefully placed them in your saddlebag. Then you took a knife - better safe than sorry.
>Kalina and Clean tried to sleep after tending her wounds, but Hran was wide awake and holding Salty close.
>>"Why there's blood on her butt, Spring? And where are you going?" he seemed lost. Then he asked you a question you thought you will never hear from his mouth, and it was genuine. "What are we going to do now?"

From now on I shouldn't be interrupted until the end of tonight's session. At least I really hope so.
>>
>>25778527
I'm going to try to tell a soldier about what just happened as fast as I can. We should be safe for now but we should get moving soon. We need to bar the doors and be on guard.
>>
>>25778607
"What are we going to do?" you repeated stallion's question, aloving yourself to savour it's sound for a short while.
>Racist asking for orders or advices from race he hates is not oftenly occurring event after all.
"We should be safe for the time being, but we will definitely need to move out soon. For now, let's block doors and maybe windows. And of course be on guard" you replied, closing you eyes and nodding to yourself. This seemed about right. "I'm going to try to report everything that just happened to a soldier. The faster I go, the better, plus I will be back sooner. Don't open the door to anyone, pony or not, and if you will see me, get Salty and then check if it's really me carefully. I will point to my horn to confirm my identity."
>You didn't really had much time to come up with neat hoofshake right now.
>"Move out and live where?" he said with much doubt in his voice. "In the school? Do you have any idea where to go?"
>>
>>25778819
We could ask to join that theater we were at recently. Or live with our father.
>>
>>25778900
"There are plenty of possibilities" you said trying to sound as sure as you could. If he was looking for your advice, you weren't going to ruin it by a hint of uncertainity. "We could join the group living at the theatre, they seem friendly enough and they follow a set of rules regulating their life. Or if all of you won't like this idea, we can move to my dad, Sunray. He will definitely be happy about this."
>>"I don't know... living with your relative seems okay-ish, I think..."
"I'm glad, but I really have to go. Remember to do everything I said while I'll be away."
>>"Oh fine, I can remember more than my name, okay? Don't treat me like an idiot. And eh... good luck."
"Same to you" you replied for the last time and left the basement.
>Ignoring his question about blood on Salty, but it probably wasn't that much of it. He didn't press on this issue anyway.
>The night was dark and cold and it was snowing. Thanks to all this stress and hurry you completely forgot to dress yourself, but it wasn't a long way, you should be fine.
>Right?
>You looked around to check for any sign of enemy. And by enemy you meant Wish, of course. She could be anypony right now. Better be sure there's nopony around.
>Fortunately not a single creature tried to charge at you, even when you left your yard and began to trot towards currently relatively silent frontline.
>Then, after you passed several buildings being gradually more damaged the closer you were to the front, you recalled that the mare you were looking for stationed in a one-storey building. And the fact that now it was destroyed.
>cont.
>>
>>25779283
>Good for you that you stumbled upon sandbags, trenches and all these military structures you remembered. But this time they were spread around the buildings, and located definitely closer than you thought. Of course there were guards, but most soldiers were away, probably sleeping.
>Shouldn't they be awake all the time to be sure no Dog will sneak past the lines?
>>"Halt! Who's coming?" one of them called you before you reached the first sandbag post.
>Time to explain yourself, so you said your name and stated your business.
>But the soldier had no idea who were you talking about. After you gave him physical description of the mare, he reported your presence via short-waved radio.
>Soon you were led to one of the block of flats. It was looking bad, very bad, but Equestrian flag was waving happily whenever wind blew at it.
>The officer you were looking for was probably awaken just a moment ago, you could see bags under her eyes, a patch on her cheek and the fact that both she and her uniform were dirty as anything and anypony else. She seemed worse off than during your previous visit.
>"Make it quick" she stated. This one thing didn't change it her in the slightest.
>>
>>25779294
invited a pony to my camp, they were a changeling. had a map and a list of names.
>>
>>25779321
>Quick. Okay, you will make your report as brief as you could, until she will ask questions.
"I've invited a pony to my camp, but she was a spy. A changeling. She had a map, encryped notes, list of names" you stated fastly, but making sure you speak clearly and understandable.
>You weren't given privacy, she was talking with you in the staircase with soldiers walking around or taking a nap, so it wasn't a surprise that everypony stopped what they were doing and looked at you. Including the officer.
>Some whispers were audible from different directions.
>"Bravo. You've earned yourself right to speak with me for longer time. Follow me" she ordered and walked upstairs without checking if you complied or not.
>You obviously did.
>Her quarter was at first floor, probably basement was too small or already cramped and ground floor was unfit to use. She closed the door behind you and sat on the couch, allowing you to plant your own rump in an armchair.
>It was comfy and you felt good, despite the circumstances.
>"Now, when we are in more discrete location, show me things you recovered."
>Without a word you did what you were ordered to do and emptied your saddlebags carefully, placing the map, book and the rest on the coffeetable.
>The mare started to examine all of this slowly, scrutinously and with great care.
>"Interesting... tell me everything that happened. And by the way you may add your own assumptions. That won't hurt anypony."
>>
>>25779562
my friend and i were scavenging when she thought she saw a light at a train station so we went to check it out. it was a pegasus mare. after scavenging some more we invited her to our camp and then fell asleep. I woke up in the middle of the night and she was standing over me. I waited to see what she was going to do.

I tried to ask her what she was doing but then she punched me in the face because I saw her notes earlier.
We fought and I knocked her out. Went through her bag and found what I just handed you. She woke up and revealed herself to be a changeling and escaped. I couldn't chase her because she set my shelter on fire.
do you know a captain Fierce Strike?

there also has to be more of them because she had to have been communicating with someone.
>>
>>25779562
Don't forget to explain the encryption and the communication method we saw.
>>
>>25779642
>>25779936
>You took a deep breath and began your explanation, again making sure you will be understood, even if you were talking slower this time.
"Me and my friend Clean - do you remember Clean? - were looking throught the western parts of the city. It was pretty calm and quiet. Then Clean noticed a light at the train station and we decided to investigate. There was a pegasus mare living there, probably temporarily. I took away her bags, you know, to make sure that she won't get a weapon and attack us. I saw notes in there."
>"These notes?"
"Yes"
>"Why they were on the peak of her bags, not on the bottom? This doesn't make much sense."
"I think she was using them when we wound her. The blinking light was probably a signal in Morse, notes are written in the Morse code."
>"Well, they are, but they are also encrypted. But you got the book, and I see it serves as the key. Either you are really lucky or you got Celestia's blessing."
"I'm not sure which one is the case. Continuing, I played dumb and let her follow us. It wasn't her who came up with this idea, it was me. We scavenged some more, then we returned to our shelter, along with Last Wish. It's her name, true or false. We talked for some time and then all of us fel asleep. Later, in the middle of the night, I woke up suddenly."
>"Did you heard her or something? You were sleeping lightly?"
"Yes" you said, you weren't really fond of telling the mare that you had a nightmare, which was probably the only reason you were alive at the moment.
"She was standing over me, so I pretended that I was still asleep, then trying to see what she was going to do. I lit my horn and tried to ask her what she was up to, but I got punched in the face. She tried to kill me, we fought and I knocked her out. I bonded her to a column and searched through her bags when I made sure my friends were okay. All the stuff I salvaged from the fire I brought here, to you."
>"The fire?"
>cont
>>
>>25780049
"She woke up and revealed her true form. She was a Changeling, freed herself and escaped. Before she did, she set the basement on fire and I couldn't chase her, for I needed to save my group and the notes. She..." you needed another breath. It was at this very moment when the fact what you prevented from happening hit you. "she also set their beddings ablaze and paralyzed them. They could be burnt alive!"
>"But you saved them, like a good soldier would save his comrades" she said with approval in her voice and gave you assuring nod.
>That was nice of her, you didn't suppose she could act different than cold and distant.
>"So these are the things she had on her and you managed to save from the fire. I could say this is much. The information you brought to me is really important and I want to report it asap, but... there's one thing sounding unbelievable and my superiors will question it. The Changeling part. Changelings are believed to be either banished Princesses knows where or extinct. Sudden appearance of one will mess up many things."
"I know, but..." you began, but were interrupted.
>"There's no place for 'buts' here. I can tell my troops to take extra precaustions, we have security rules in case of Changeling discovery, but without evidence nopony will believe you, even me" she said, shaking her head. "I can't force higher officers to taker your words for granted."
"Okay..." you dropped your head. So your journey wasn't quite successful. It might be for naught, even. "By the way, do you happen to know captain Fierce Strike?"
>cont
>>
>>25780062
>"I heard about this guy. Some of the soldiers joke that he developed a paranoia. He's a really good officer, he leads the neighbouring section in the north. I haven't heard anything from him for two days now, a messenger said his main radiostation got missile'd."
>Fierce's name was unfortunately on the burnt part of list, so she wasn't able to see it.
>"Anything more you wish to say?"
"I can explain the encryption and their means of communication. Also there might be more of the Changelings out there, she had to communicate with someone after all."
>"The communication method is obvious, she used a mirror or a flashlight to send her reports during sunny days, this was the light you saw. The encryption isn't too complicated, I'm even surprised it's not. I thought Changs were supposed to be good spies. Besides, even if you didn't recover the cipher key, I could just give all this to our radiooperator. Anything else?"
>>
>>25780087
We can help in deciphering it because some letters are still in our memory. Ask for a pen and paper. Also TELL her that the fierce strike name was crossed out. You have to raise the security of the remaining ponies.
>>
>>25780159
"I could still help with deciphering all these notes, because there was other key that was lost. It changed numbers to letters and I think I remember it well enought to be useful" you announced.
>"Oh, so there was another decryption key? Why didn't you tell me?" she asked, rising her eyebrow.
"I forgot" you explained promptly.
>"I understand, you were under heavy stress. But that makes me question your ability to recall the code."
"I-I can do this, really" you assured the officer. "I just need a pen and paper and it will be okay."
>"Sure" she stood up and brought you requested things swiftly. "I don't want to wake Box up. She was on her legs for three days straight with little to no chance to take a nap."
"There is also one more thing you should know" you announced, beginning to write numbers and letters assigned to them. At least those you were able to recall. "Captain's name was crossed out."
>"Crossed out?"
"Mhm. How many names are currently on the list?"
>"Four."
"Overall amount of names was nine. Fierce was first on the list and as I said his name was crossed out."
>"When we add the fact that he went silent recently, this can mean only one thing. They are hunting those ponies down."
"You'll need to raise the security of those who are still alive."
>"And discover why they have became the targets. What do they have in common. This will take some time. Thank you for your report, it's a treasure, really. You deserve a reward. Again, anything else?"
>>
>>25780369
I threw some things that were on fire at the changeling. I got her since I heard her yelp.

Also when she was tied up she tried chewing on something. She's confident that I wasn't a threat to her plans. I think I told you everything.
>>
also can we hold the piece of paper with names on it? maybe if we look at it we'll remember a name or two.
>>
>>25780443
Better if we just copy it.
>>25780369
Did we tell them about our trip across the river? I'd also like to have a chat with her about how old town is being run.
>>25780427
Didn't we leave changeling blood on Salty?
>>
>>25780717
I don't remember reading "there is green blood on the gun or on the walls."
>>
>>25780726
We nearly caved in her skull. Where else is the blood that Hran mentioned going to come from?
>>
>>25780732
Oh yeah, that blood. Hope he kept the rag because it was probably cleaned.
>>
>>25780427
>>25780443
>>25780717
>There was not much more to say, but you still felt like you could add some additional info.
"When she was running away I threw various things at her, some of them still on fire. I hit her, I heard a yelp, so you might bee extra cautious when dealing with ponies who are injured and burnt at the same time. I'm not sure if a disguise can cover it or not. I also stuck a needle in her side."
>"That's a lot of bravery for a civillian" she said with a hint of smile on her muzzle. The more you talked to her, the more pony she seemed to be, instead of a machine. "Your friends must be proud and gratefult that they have you in the group."
"I believe so. But every one of us is special in one way or another."
>"True, true."
"Aha, and the Changeling was really snooty and confident. She was certain that I'm not a threat to her plans and I'm kind of afraid of possible revenge. She also tried to chew on something when she was tied up."
>"It was cyanide pill probably."
"Not really, she said she wasn't trying to kill herself with that."
>"Strange... have you thought about doing something to preven her from getting you? I wish I could promise you protection, but it might be rather difficult, also I don't want you to move here, for several reasons."
"I decided we will move out and live somewhere else, I have two places in my mind we could go to, and one of them is a 100% sure bet to let us stay there."
>"Good. So if you are finished, we can give you something in return for such an example of being Equestrian patriot. I still wonder why she wasn't acting calmer. Or recruit you."
"Before we go, can I take a closer look on the name list?"
>"I don't see a problem, go on."
>cont
>>
>>25780801
>After she voiced her permission you took the list from the table and inspected it, trying to remember all four names.
>It took you a few seconds to realize that you could simply copy them, write them on another sheet and keep close to you. You did the exact thing.
>Leaflet, Strictmind, Chess Figure and Collateral Damage were the names. You didn't know any of these ponies, although Strictmind rang a bell.
"Okay, I'm done."
>"So follow me. I don't really know what I could give you, we have food but barely enough to feed ourselves, however I can repay you in almost anything else, even bits if you are stu... if you really want to have money. They kept sending our pay in gold for quite a time, now we have plenty of it and nothing to do with it."
"It's pretty funny, because they really care about bits in the Old Town" you stated, and the officer rolled her eyes.
>"Recently that old fart Strict sent us an order to enforce curfew and something he called 'passports', a paper sheet with pony's picture, his living place and name. It has to be approved by the military, which means I need to place a stamp on literally every one of that shit in this whole lousy district. He has his oddities."
"But were you aware that they hang ponies by the neck for various offends?"
>"So what? Didn't you brought that one rapist guy to justice? Or maybe you thought we still have a possibility to keep criminals imprisoned?"
"They are also looting other districts for food. They take the civillian food away, and generally act like military dictatorship."
>"Okay, hold up. They are stealing food? When and where did you see that?"

Tale about the trip to the other side will be used later, when you'll explain yourself and state what do you want as a reward.
>>
>>25780813
I think the theater pony was telling us about it wasn't he?
we could take some gold. Or how about some weapons? Helmets? Kneepads?
>>
>>25780849
It was the guard at the school that told us about it.
>>25780813
There's also the fact that scavenging is punishable by death and that they depend completely on bits for trade which makes the area unsustainable and in the long run, if the city isn't freed, everybody living there will have serious problems.
>>
>>25780849
>>25780897
"A pony living in the theatre told me about this" you responded.
>"Then I hope he wasn't the only one. I could try to investigate the matter, but... if the guys from Old Town are doing that, it might be a bit difficult. All of the highest officers are sitting there, including General-Gouvernor himself. If he or one of his henchmen ordered their ponies to take food by force, I don't think I will be able to do anything."
"The food matter is bad, but it's only a drop in the sea. I mentioned they hang ponies for every offense, but even mere scavenging is treated like one. They treat citizens of Equestria like cattle, only missing thing is earmarking them, Celestia dammit!" you started to get somewhat angry, so you took a breath or two to calm down.
>You didn't want to lose your temper in the soldier's presence.
"Plus as I said they depend on bits and bits only, there is no such thing as barter there. If the situation gets worse and city isn't freed... there will be consequences. Likely terrible, terrible consequences."
>"I know" she said at your words "I know. Even us here gave up on bits quite a time ago, but what can I do? I'm not omnipotent. Now, have you thought about your prize?" she changed the subject.
"Yeah. I could get some bits if this is not a problem. We could use them if we visit the Old Town again."
>"No problem, there's plenty of gold here, I'll deliver it to you when you will be on your way. Anything else you wish to obtain?"
"Some means of defending me and my friends. Helmets, kneepads, maybe some weapons..."
>"Whoa, hold up there" she raised her hoof with a smile. "Don't get too demanding. I can give you some spare helmets or pads from the fallen, but I won't give you any weapons. I'm forbidden from spreading firearms among citizens without a clear and direct order. You might get military knives, nothing more than that. But I assume you already have knives. So bits and some armour will be your reward."
>cont
>>
>>25781377
>You weren't exactly in a position to argue with her, so you simply nodded, acknowledging your choice. Shame she couldn't give you more guns, though.
>Because if there was a thing that could solve many or even all of your problems, it were guns.
>Lot's of guns.
>At last you reached the block door and officer accompanying you took a turn towards ground floor flats, after you said how many ponies do you need to dress in the helmets and pads.
>"I'm gonna to wake up the quartermaster, he's gonna be so mad" she said and disappeared in the nearest flat.
>Soon you heard some commotion and curses, quickly muffled.
>Then the mare returned, along with mid-aged pony and equipment you requested.
>"There's 80 bits in the pouch" she said when she gave you a black little bag, rattling when moved. "And there is your stuff."
>The quartermaster handed you 16 kneepads, 16 plastic covers from leg under the knee and four helmets. Two of the helmets had holes in them.
>>"Sorry about these two, lass, but I'm not going to give you totes new helmets" the stallion explained with rude sincerity. "They don't grow on trees. Now go away, I have to get some sleep."
"Thank you" you said to him anyway "and you" you added, slightly bowing before the mare.
>"Oh it's nothing, but pray to Celly that my superiors will do something good with that intel you provided. I mean the Changeling and the Old Town parts."
>cont
>>
>>25781387
>"And the north" you added, suddenly recalling how desolate and ruined that place was.
>"What north?" she stopped walking upstairs and turned to face you.
"I completely forgot to mention, but I was on the other bank of the river, the situation here is really bad and..."
>"The north is lost, filly. I heard about a hooffull of squads still defending their positions only because they were cut off, surrounded. We don't have enough soldiers to retake it. So... good night to you. I hope your back is strong enough to carry all this stuff."
>With that, she resumed to her walk, quickly leaving your line of sight.
>It was a tiring night, you didn't rest for a bit and a wide yawn reminded you of this fact.
>Thus you returned home without a trouble and undisturbed. After going through all the security you prepared before - Hran was really good at being a guard, it seemed, he poked your horn to see if it was genuine, with a barrel of his gun - you went straight to your mattress and hit the hay.

And now I will follow Spring's example. I have a question for you: ARE YOU ENTERTAINED?

Also run for longer than I should again.
>>
>>25781401
yeah, pretty entertained. hope the party appreciates the awesome stuff we got for im.
>>
>>25781401
Is that not why we're here?
>>
have a good night bump
>>
>>25781401
>Now we have military armor.
I'm hyped as fuck famu, I hope they gave us military knifes too, they are prettier than kitchen knifes.

Wearing that shit on the Old square will get us hanged for "stealing" military equipment though.
>>
up we go
>>
>>25785177
>>
>The night was restful this time, you were to tired to have any dreams. Only void was in your mind until you woke up the next morning.
>Smell of burnt fur, sweat, blood and even vomit was in the air, but much to your surprise it wasn't foul enough to disrupt your slumber. Or maybe you were really exhausted.
>This time you were second to get up, first pony awake was Clean, and she was doing exactly what her name suggested.
>She was cleaning the whole mess up. Her mane was kept together by improvised headscarf, she found herself some more water, broomstick, rags, and she managed to successfully make this place better.
>Also she opened the windows, disregarding your safety regulations in the process.
>"Morning, Spring" she greeted you with reserved smile. She didn't say anything more, and you could feel something in the air around her, embarassment maybe.
>Konjeslavs were still dead asleep, and you noticed that Hran moved his bedding closer to his grandomother's. Like, really close.
>First thing you did was helping Cushions in her work. Even if you will move out soon, you wish to live in a place resembling a home, not a pigsty or some junkie den.
>Not a word had been spoken during this activity, however you could see that earth mare was slowly easing herself. When you finished, you looked around for Salty.
>The gun's butt was supposed to have some blood on it, you could give it to soldiers as a proof that there are indeed Changelings trying to infiltrate the city.
>Unfortunately, it was clear as if it was polished. So now you knew what Hran was doing when you were away.
>There had to be a rag he used somewhere, though, you searched for it, but to no avail. Finally you decided to break the silence and ask if Clean know where it may be.
"Clean?" you tried to get her attention.
>"Hm?"
"Were you awake when Hran finished what he was doing with Salty?"
>"Yeah, why do you ask?"
>cont
>>
>>25786262
"I wish to know what happened to rag or whatever cloth he used to clear it. Do you happen to know this?"
>"Of course, after he was done, he simply burned it in the stove."
"Oh..." you tried to not sound too disappointed, but you probably failed at that, since the mare pressed on the issue.
>"Was it something important to keep it?"
"Kinda. Soldiers won't believe me that Last was a Changeling without a proof. And that blood would be a good one."
>She looked at you, then turned her gaze away.
>"If we only knew..."
"It's not your fault. Or Hran's. I should have known that I'm going to need it."
>...
>Awkward silence took it's rightful place in the basement, and earth pony blinked a few times before she went to her bed and began to check on her injuries.
>You had nothing to say, so you decided to see in daylight what were you given by the nice officer mare.
>Four helmets. As you noticed before, two of them had holes in their sides, but bullet didn't go through whole helmet in either case. All of them were somewhat worn off, covered in surface cuts or little bashes, camo was scratched in some parts.
>The pad kits you got consisted of eight parts for one pony. Four kneepads and four lower leg plastic armours. For some reason you didn't get vests or anything. They were also visibly used, but not damaged.
>You didn't got military knives in the end.
>After this inspection and opening another can of food for yourself - this time you ate it whole, you were too hungry to split it in two - most of the things were done.
>Would you like to do something else? Talk about moving out, perhaps? Prepare yourself to leave immediately, have a chat with one of your friends?

This is my single post during daytime. I have to go earlier, about 16 EE and I will return God knows when, most likely dead tired. Nevermind that I will try to post once or twice when I will be back, but I cannot promise anything, for Hypnos might claim me.
>>
>>25786265
Don't suppose it's possible that clean missed a spot? Where did you fight last? There's gotta be some blood on the wall or floors. Or maybe inbetween the floor. Also it makes no sense to burn a rag.

We'll talk about moving out.
>>
>>25788324
>>
I'll eat something and resume to our quest. Suggestions are still open until I'm done eating, if you want to do some additional things.

>Also it makes no sense to burn a rag.
Did you ever have a chance to live or stay in true village house? Rags and old clothes, shoes even are a fuel too.
>>
>>25786891
>You were pretty sure that you cleaned your basement well, very well.
>But nevertheless you tried to look for the blood, at least a teeny tiny drop of it, on the concrete floor, cold, beton walls, everywhere.
>All the effort and time put into this was for naught, you didn't find any trace of the red, or whatever colour it had, liquid.
>You even walked to the yard to check the place where you poured the water you used for cleaning, but it soaked into the soil - temperature was still oscilating around freezing point, snow covering various places in thin sprinkling was heavy and wet.
>The only evidence you could lay your hooves on was lost. Maybe you will have a chance to find more.
>Especially if you consider the possibility of her returning with friends to finish you off. You shivered ever so slightly at the thought. No, not the thought, it was just cold.
>Yes, just cold. Nothing more.
>With nothing in your hooves you returned to your shelter, seeing that now only Kalina was still asleep. Hran and Clean chatted with each other, having a breakfast. Could you even call it a breakfast?
>Anyway, you had a talk to do.
"I don't want to interrupt your conversation" you interrupted "but I think I need to announce something."
>cont
>>
>>25791423
>Your serious tone and slightly louder voice instantly got their attention, and Kalina moved a bit in her bedding. Why she was still sleeping?
>"What is it?"
"We will have to move out" you responded immediately, honestly with a straight face.
>"What, why?"
>>"This is Wish-related, is it not?" stallion was fully calm, while Clean already looked a bit shocked.
>Jeez, that mare sometimes. How one could be so war-proof?
"She was in our shelter and managed to escape alive. She knows how to get here. How do you think, why I asked Hranchak to block everything he could for the night?"
>"..."
"She's a spy, we blew her cover. We know about her evil plans. What do you think she's going to do, sit and wait for our soldiers to capture her? Or continue to commit her crimes like nothing happened?"
>>"You are afraid she is going to return and kill us all. And I can see why."
>"I don't. Why she would try to return to a place so close to the frontline, to our soldiers already warned about her presence?"
>>"That... okay, that's a good question."
>>
>>25791433
Soldiers were warned though they aren't going to do anything without ''evidence''. also it's more of a precaution. Ask how long kalina has been sleeping.
>>
>>25791545
"I warned them, yes. But the officer said there won't be any extra anti-Changeling precautions placed in effect, for they have no evidence" you promptly explained.
>'No evidence?" Clean almost exploded, at least she looked like personification of a bomb now. "No evidence? What about all this stuff you got? Doesn't it count for them?"
"The notes and all that are evidence, but they prove right only the spy part, so they will look only for a spy looking like Last Wish. And as I said, they don't believe there is a Changeling out there."
>"What a useless bunch of morons, are they defenders of Equestria or bureaucrats?"
>You weren't able to answer that question, thus you simply ignored it.
"This is only a precaution, I want to be absolutely certain that we aren't going to get some phenol in our veins, or we won't wake up with a knife on our throats."
>>"Reasonable enough. Clean, if I were you, I'd stop arguing at this point."
>"You aren't me! Where we will even go?"
"To my dad's, or to the theatre, a nice group of survivors is currently residing there" you answered, and the orange stallion nodded and confirmed your words.
>You kind of preferred if your friends would pick your dad's as your next shelter.
>"So you already got that one question covered. How smart of you" she said ironically. "But answer me last one question, explain one more thing. Just HOW we are going to take all our stuff with us? Do you expect us to share with the groups your mentioned, because it's more than sure they will demand us to do so?"

Question about Kalina goes to my nest post.
>>
>>25791926
I thought we would just take all our most important items and then come back for the rest later.
I would like to come to some sort of deal, we can either join the group or just live near them. They have the space.
>>
>>25791926
Don't we still have the cart?
>>
>>25792132
>>25792226
"We have a cart, remember?"
>"A cart. When have you seen it for the last time?" Cushions replied with the same ironical expression. Wasn't she embarassed just a while ago? "Our cart is gone, it was gone after one of first shellings."
>Then she actually calmed down a bit, irony abandoned her and she looked up at you.
>"I'm sorry" she said. "I just don't want to get us killed"
>>"You are doing the exact same thing you did before" noticed Hran.
>"What now?"
>>"Getting mad, nitpicking and then saying you do it because you care. We get it, alright? You care and that's fine. But don't you know any other means of showing it to us?"
>Mare's face turned red when she took a deep breath. You prepared to step in in case of a quarrel or worse, a battle.
>However your help was not necessary, it seemed. For Clean Cushions instead of yelling at Hran or hitting him, dropped her head.
>"I think you are right. I whine too much. No, Spring, really" she admitted in a low tone, her muzzle returned to regular dark-green colour, and she didn't let you say a word. "I shall change, or try at least."
>Were there tears appearing in her eyes? It was likely, but after a brief while she blinked fastly a few times, so yoou couldn't tell.
>"Shit" was the only word coming from your orange friend.
>You let them sit in silence, it's not like you needed to move out this instant.
>Nevertheless, when it was lasting too long for your tastes, you decided to break it.
"So here's my idea. We could forge a deal of some sort with the theatre group if they will demand a part of our supplies. We can just live near them, not actually join them. Or we may help each other from time to time, you know how this saying goes: we will scratch their back and they will scratch ours. Ah, and I think my dad wouldn't take anything away from us."
>>"There's still the cart part. We won't carry everything on our backs."
"We can take only most important of our items first, then return for the rest."
>cont
>>
>>25792801
>>"We willl risk that somepo... somebody will rob us while we will be away. I don't think the soldiers will agree to guard our place.."
"I guess we can't avoid it. We have to take the risk and count that we are really blessed by Celestia or something" last part reminded you about yesterday's conversation.
>>"A blessing? You really believe in this stuff?"
"I'm not sure. It was probably a joke anyway, the officer said we are a lucky group, too."
>He was so doubtful you could take a pic of his face and put it somewhere with 'face of disbelief' description.
>>"Lucky... I won't even question her judgement. So now we have to decide where we should head. I'm all for choosing Sunray's hideout, even if it's on the northern bank."
>"What's wrong about the northern bank?" you heard Clean's voice again. Good that she still wanted to talk. You wondered if she will really try to stop whining so much.
>>"It's utterly destroyed. And I mean what I said."
>"So why do you think we should go there?"
>>"Less ponies around, well-organized group of armed survivors which happen to be lead by Spring's dad, no shellings."
>"Fine, but what about the Dogs?"
>>"I don't really know. There are signs of their activity, but we only stumbled upon a group of deserters or marauders, minding their own business."
>"I think we should stick to our riverbank" the mare said shaking her head. "Theatre is okay, I've been there with Spring and I can tell it's also neatly organized."
>It looked like there was a tie. Either you will have decisive vote in this case, or Kalina.
>Who, by the way, was still asleep.
"Hran? Could you tell me for how long Kalina has been sleeping?" you asked, placing your gaze on the elderly mare.
>She looked really fragile on that bedding, but at least she was still breathing.
>>"Granny's in dreamland since I helped her with her burns yesterday. Or was it today already? It doesn't really matter. Do you think she's sick?"
>>
>>25792870
You may post what you should do now. Good night. I'm sorry for being slow.
>>
>>25792870
We should go to the theater for easier access to the rest of the city. Also we'd have to pay the raft pony for every pony and each trip.
>>
>>25792941
We can check them out and see how they'd feel about us not sharing supplies.

If we still have some black paint we should paint our helmets. Make them nice, dull, and not appear as Equestrian regulars.
>>
>>25793603
we don't have paint though maybe we could use them to barter if we need to since we have these military helmets now.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.