[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are they mentally retarded or something? Why don't they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: Friends_Forever_issue_10_page_1.jpg (147 KB, 636x978) Image search: [Google]
Friends_Forever_issue_10_page_1.jpg
147 KB, 636x978
Are they mentally retarded or something?

Why don't they use digital programs, vectors, shading, lightning?
Why the hell do they insist on drawing the backgrounds with pencil lineart?
>>
>>26751713
>Are they mentally retarded or something?
>IDW
yes
>>
>Black outlines
Yep they're retarded.
>>
>>26751713
>Ack Gah Run
are you fucking 5?
>12'" size letters
>Speech bubbles too big for the text.
Is this the 60s or something? No wait even the 60s had better principles than this. This is made by a group of 9 year old girls, right?
>>
>>26751785
9 year old girls would have better dialogue
>>
>We could make our own comics to undermine these losers, but for some reason we don't.
>Fuck Equestria Daily for siding with Hasbro instead of the fandom and show.
>>
File: A_grumpy_Rainbow_Dash_S01E07.png (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
A_grumpy_Rainbow_Dash_S01E07.png
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>26752034
>forgot my reaction
>>
>>26751713
You know what fuck it I'm going to sit down and read these comics
>>
>>26752113
/);_;
>>
>>26752113
Fag
>>
>>26752113
Well aside from changelings apparently draining the love out of people rather then just feeding off it harmlessly it doesent seem to bad so far.
>>
>>26751713
Went to con.
Stupid dyke IDW artist didn't even know alicorn Twi was taller than unicorn Twi.
>>
>>26751713
>>26752281
Twilight's castle will be destroyed and she'll be back into her unicorn form in the S6 finale.
>>
>>26752239
OK yeah apart from the changelings completely changing how they work that was pretty cool maybe the next volume will be about what happened to other towns during the surge.
>>
>>26751713
>>26751725
What is the problem with this and why are you so autistic about it?
>>
>>26752318
theres a few gems, but its in a sea of piss.
>>
>>26752343
Alright yeah your right changelings draining people was silly Luna was infulunced by outside forces instead of simple jealousy and feelings of rejection and being unappreciated is just horrible lore rape.
>>
>>26752381
Wait are they saying that celestia banished Luna to the place her manipulators come from
Maybe that's just where they escaped after her defeat but I starting to feel that may be giving the writers to much credit
>>
>>26751713
I know that's not Andy Price, but I don't like his excessive penciling style (especially with crosshatching).
>>
File: black-lined-and-cool.jpg (121 KB, 602x600) Image search: [Google]
black-lined-and-cool.jpg
121 KB, 602x600
>>26751713
>>26751725
...Yet many loved artists from this fandom don't or can't use vectors and use black outlines instead. Seriously, IDW is trash, but this is the amongst the weakest arguments I've heard - see pic related, by Faust herself. See where I'm heading? it's the style which counts the most!

>Black outlines can be good, the problem here is the artist's bad style.
It doesn't help since as OP correctly stated, there is no shading or lightning, little to no ambience and the colours are mostly flat.

And let's not even get started by the fact that this excuse for a comic has unnatural, forced and dumb dialogue too.
>>
>>26752034
you're kidding right? at least these chucklefucks attempt (kek) stories in which the mane six is interacting with each other in a story-based format that expands on the setting. even if idw is a horrible shit show they are still giving it a go. We on the other hand are too busy self-inserting ourselves everywhere and writing smut or barely-noteven concealed wish fulfillment waifu stories.

Any comics we made would automatically be worse by being meme trash. the only exception would rely on mlp changing attitudes completely overnight.

>>26752239
>>26752318
you two are idiots. Changelings can feed off love instantly. what do you think chrysalis was telling her people to feed for? if they couldn't feed that order was meaningless and she's an idiot. Pretty sure no matter how much some people hate her she can be expected to know the basic ways her kind can eat stuff.
>>
>>26752391
Well I got to see my waifu being fucking badass in defense of ponyvile so it has that going for it.
>>
>>26752444
I meant that with shining armor it wasent a sudden drain it was a slow feed and it had no negative effects on him.
>>
>>26752449
sure, but the point was that idw got it wrong in terms of feeding, and they haven't.
>>
>>26752457
But they did.

You could make the argument that the method of feeding has not been established but what they came up with was still shit
>>
>>26752482
no they didn't you fucking retard, I already explained it. it happens in the fucking show, all IDW did was copy the fact that they could drain love quickly and turned them into a raid creature like fantasy orcs.
>>
>>26752113
Subscribed :^)
>>
>>26752446
Well Google play was being a pain so it took me a while to download the 3rd volume but it's pretty good so far.
>>
>>26752482
In A Canterlot Wedding Part 2, Chrysalis tells her army to "Go Feed!", despite having already revealed themselves to the populace of Canterlot. Clearly, stealth and patience are not mandatory for changelings to feed.

Shining Armor slowly got worse as Chrysalis secretly fed upon him, ask yourself what would have happened if she drained him all at once?
>>
>>26752649
He got worse because he was casting a fuckhuge shield.
>>
A few artists do shade. Garbowska is not one of them.
>>
>>26752631
I'm up to reflections i have heard that this is second only to dragon town in terms of horribleness
>>
>>26751713
>not appreciating hand drawn art
Kill yourself
>>
>>26752906
>rainbow dash hoping there are no monsters
It's shit.
>>
>>26752922
No, WE DO appreciate it... when it's WELL DONE.
And this is not the case.
>>
>>26752932
I like starswirls bat cave

Alternate universes not so much the equestria girls one was bad enough this may well be even worse (the one discord wanted to send worst pony to looked interesting though mostly because it did not seem to have any relation to equestria.)
>>
>>26752980
Twilights concerns about what to do with the knowledge she spent her life earning are interesting

I hope its a while before we change universes because until then this volume is going to be great.
>>
>>26753007
You get none of that later.
>>
>>26753007
I must admit I like judges flim and flam
>>26753062
Awww
>>
>>26753075
Those are background jokes. You're basically going to get nothing of this alternate universe.
>>
>>26753075
What a stupid romance
>>26753093
Yeah I expected as such
>>
>>26752438
That's sketch-tier art.
OP's pic is MS Paint "stick-figure" tier with an awful shade texture copy pasted on it.
>>
>not like handdrawn work
Fuck you people
>>
>>26753408
You probably skipped my previous text, didn't you? but I'll have you know again that I was agreeing with this general claim that IDW lacks both
>art direction
and
>discernible character mechanics beyond just general plot.
Reread before you post next time you lazy anon.

>>26753447
IDW: pls see my response to your turd
>>26752943
As you already posted here >>26752922
>>26752943
>>26752943
>>26752943
>>26752943
...stop.
>>
pencils is still the best IDW artist
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.