[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are threads on /mlp/ right now with below 50 replies.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: img-1834497-2-Sad_Luna.gif (159 KB, 270x178) Image search: [Google]
img-1834497-2-Sad_Luna.gif
159 KB, 270x178
>There are threads on /mlp/ right now with below 50 replies.
>>
>>26712216
Hiatus
>>
That's what happens when you make shit threads.

But, then again, even shit threads get over 100 posts.
>>
quads
>>26712222
>>
>>26712216
>check catalog
>daily shitposting threads have at least 30 replies each
>generals everywhere
>general wannabe prompts with 50+ replies
>fucking anything has a lot of replies
>show discussion autosaging with less than 10 at pages 7-8
So this is the power of hiatus
>>
File: vlcsnap-2011-04-16-23h55m11s150.png (318 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2011-04-16-23h55m11s150.png
318 KB, 1280x720
>>26712223
shamefur dispray
>>
>>26712227
>show discussion autosaging
Unless it had one of the words that triggers the autosage in the OP, wat?
>>
>>26712227
Even during the season airing you still get zero show discussion threads.
At most you get some threads discussing the latest episode for a max of 3 hours and then it's over. Non-weekends might as well be considered hiatus.
Sad fact is that it was always like this ever since 2012. We were always a slowish board full of /b/tards(redditors).
>>
>>26712249
i mean they dying before even going anywhere, give me a break
>>26712302
I will never understand people who say this, we literally had a show discussion thread a few minutes ago, /mlp/ isn't /b/, its just a big general, when there is content to talk about its great, otherwise people just either shitpost or write shit fanfics, discussing the same episodes over and over is not fun if done all the time, but it can be once in a while if you don't force it, this is why show discussion threads die all the time, also the reason why there is so much shitposting is simply because people are bored, if there was something fun to do they wouldn't be here shitposting or bumping shitposting threads
>>
>>26712216
Everybody went to >>>/trash/

It's the real /mlp/
>>
>>26712320
Nice statements about /mlp/ not being reddit and then I just love the way you contradict yourself with the last sentences.

Let's just face it already: /co/, /vp/, /tg/ and anyone else would make for a much better community for this board. They actually have creativity and know what real fun is.
For example the contributers from deviantart and fimfiction would have something more interesting to say than the current userbase.
>>
>>26712352
>Let's just face it already: /co/, /vp/, /tg/ and anyone else would make for a much better community for this board
m8 i actually browse both /co/ and /vp/ and i consider their communities even worst than the one here, /co/ is painfully autistic and unable to get a joke even when its not shitposting, they are also fucking obsessed with politics and are unable to discuss their own fucking hobbies without "muh womyn, muh minorities" always getting in the way, i mean, shit, we a bit of trump posting here and there but that's it, even the /pol/fags from this board will only show up if you directly make a thread to trigger their autism

/vp/ isn't any better, they are like some proto /mlp/ on a endless hiatus, people assume they having more content to work with gives them an advantage but they are as bored and willing to shitpost as us (if not worse), if they switched boards with us they would just shitpost as much while creating less content because they can't into generals

Can't speak for /tg/ but i heard a lot of shit is wrong with that board too, a lot of it related to the amount of pseudo generals, and as far as i know they coming here would just increase the amount of CYOAs and other "muh fantasy world" threads without actually increasing show discussion or other stuff that should be preserved

I am not saying this board is perfect, hell we do have our own inner demons too i would rather not name, but from my own experience with many other boards on 4chan i can safely say /mlp/ has one of the most consistent communities out there, even if its shit at least it keeps a certain level of shit that is easy to get used to, you usually have your doomsaying butthurt oldfag bitching about the board going to shit after season X but those people are drama queens with no solid evidence or consensus on the shit they claim to be true
>>
>>26712377
Oh yeah, forgot to mention /co/'s retarded tumblr boogeyman, this is something else i am glad this board doesn't have outside maybe a very small, irrelevant group
>>
>>26712381
theres a mod here that started cracking down hard on real horse genitalia, but thats about it.

as for /tg/, i havent been there much myself, but an actual D&D friend of mine said its pretty cancerous there.
>>
File: 1377571015413.png (74 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1377571015413.png
74 KB, 512x512
>>26712302
Nothing about this post is true. This is just blatantly misrepresenting reality.

There is always the initial new episode threads shortly after airing, but following these, there are always numerous threads discussing various details about the episode throughout the week until the next episode airs.
You're either just lying or you don't actually know what you're talking about.
>>
>>26712398
This reminds me of the same denial ponychan users hsd: "we're not sucking the dick of the creators" "we don't have nazi moderation".
>>
>>26712398
i wouldn't say that, maybe with season premieres/finales but surely not with regular episodes, usually all the discussion remains on the sticky long after the episode is gone, maybe people make a few threads for some new waifu/meme material but that's it, we do however have show discussion threads later but they are harder to spot
>>
File: cuztea.png (170 KB, 662x662) Image search: [Google]
cuztea.png
170 KB, 662x662
>>26712420
>but surely not with regular episodes
as someone who participates in those threads, but not the sticky, id like to confirm that theres plenty of discussion before, during, and after every single episode.
>>
File: tumblr_m9acnxZ1791r5kp1io2_1280.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9acnxZ1791r5kp1io2_1280.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>26712377
How about a bet then? Even with the collapsing quality of those boards in the last years, they could still beat /mlp/ anytime at making a good active and creative board. While /mlp/ gets to talk about everything related to /co/, /tg/, /vp/. I've seen them trying to discuss actual subjects outside of memes and they always ended in ruin. Like that pony Pathfinder general we used to have.

Obviously our only gripe is convincing them to mobilize outside their boards.
>>
>>26712430
Alright them
>>26712439
Nah, most boards are too proud and lack self awareness, either that or they just have standards too high, you can't have a board that is both fun and productive like this, what makes /mlp/ work is the fact that people just don't give a fuck most of the time, we are literally at the bottom of the bottom of the bottom of the barrel so it can't get worse from here, even the most shitty, offtopic threads can end up with fun discussion because people aren't losing their shit over "muh board getting ruined", the only way to get a reaction around here is by posting the same old tricks, twilicorn, equestria girls, Nyx, pick your poison
>>
>>26712439
>>26711168
whats stopping you?
>>
>>26712420
I disagree wholeheartedly.

Maybe it's not very eloquent discussion, and maybe it's not exacly the type of show discussion you personally would like - there always has and there always will be people saying that other posters are either too negative or too shit-eating - but I hold fast that it does exist in greater extent than you're making it out.
>>
>>26712460
Oh yeah, also adding, most ponyfags here are also crossposters so we get a lot of hybrid threads too, lots of content producers from other boards who are also into pone coming here and making stuff, which is cool
>>
>>26712430
That's just lying. The discussion ends after Saturday and Sunday. They also never discuss old episodes despite having 100 episodes most people don't even remember anything about.
>>
>>26712478
>They also never discuss old episodes despite having 100 episodes most people don't even remember anything about.
Didn't we already had god knows how many season tier discussion threads exactly for this? All those charts with individual opinions on each episode? And what else is left to be said that hasn't been said in all these years?
>>
File: did you know.jpg (15 KB, 425x279) Image search: [Google]
did you know.jpg
15 KB, 425x279
>>26712478
>They also never discuss old episodes despite having 100 episodes most people don't even remember anything about.
please dont talk if you dont even lurk the board.
https://desustorage.org/mlp/search/subject/rewatches/
>>
>>26712500
>>26712486
Like I said from the beginning of the thread. Complete lack of actual discussion. A huge disinterest in talking about the cartoon. Way below the necessary reply number.
>>
>>26712512
dude, do you expect people to just pretend they never watched the show? also you're forgetting all the shit that happens on the live streams
>>
Bumpd
>>
>>26712216
Blame generals
>>
This thread is making me curious. What's the best non sticky show related discussion you've ever had on /mlp/?
>>
>>26712216
Like yours for example
>>
On this board, you kind of have to just lurk to get into show discussion...it happens, but unless there's a new episode premiere you have to kind of sift around for it and find it...sometimes in threads you didn't expect it to be in.

I really do think generals are a problem on this board though because it creates atmospheres that people never leave and just keep bumping one thread probably without even looking at others, serving as more of a chatroom than a messageboard, during the Moot broadcast he basically said this is why he didn't like generals.

One other thing that hinders show discussion is how overly enthusiastic/obsessive most of us are...once something pony related happens we all discuss the living shit out of it right away to the point that it becomes "old" rather quick, unfortunate but it's something I've noticed as well
>>
Recycle your fucking threads, faggot.

Maybe then you won't have threads with only 20 replies each.
>>
>>26712216
>There are threads on /mlp/ right now with below 50 posters.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.